Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by suchageek See Profile

• Location: Saint Louis,Saint Louis,MO
Good "Reliable Internet."
Bad "Watch out for supposed deal when extending. Not always what's quoted over phone."
Overall "Affordable, reliable service. Do not like dealing with AT&T. "

·ooma
No longer using AT&T U-verse. Did not like the constant buffering of Netflix even with 24 down.

Comments:

David
I start new work on
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

You can always contact us

in the direct forum.

suchageek
join:2002-12-22
Saint Louis, MO

Re: You can always contact us

I did via AT&T Uverse forums and customer care (not phone customer support) took care of the discrepancy. I will edit my review.

Review by SlowFreddy See Profile

• Location: Bennettsville,Marlboro,SC
Good "Everything"
Overall "The best internection conection I've ever had."

·magicjack.com
Using Uverse for some years (this is internet only) .. Max Plus.. up to 18 Mgs.. average around 16.75 down/.92 up.. Very good streaming of movies and internet surfing. Very rare connection is lost, once in awhile, due to bad weather. Had some ice and the line was pulled down from the house, because of an iced up tree limb. The connection still worked, with the line on the ground. Called AT&T, they had it fixed the next day. AT&T's technicians and online representatives are courteous and knowledgeable. Using the Motorola, NGV510 modem, it was replaced once because of lightning, at no charge. The house ground was insufficient and AT&T fix it, without any charges. Was an easy install, I did it myself, with the supplied instructions. Had cable internet before, not anymore. A better value with AT&T, and more speed. If this review sounds like I love AT&T internet, well, it's true, and I didn't even get paid for commenting. Thanks, and have a great day.

Comments:

whatthe

@networkdesigninc.com

whoa

whats Mg? Mega-Gig?

Review by Phil75070 See Profile

• Location: Mckinney,Collin,TX
Good "Excellent Picture Quality; DVR and TV Features"
Bad "Everything, including TV, uses up bandwidth"
Overall "With discounts, good value compared to cable option locally"

·VoicePulse
I ordered the Triple Play U450 package with 18/2 Internet (fastest available) and unlimited minutes voice on 2/27 and scheduled installation for 3/6 (could have scheduled one day earlier but it didn't fit with MY schedule). Installation went smooth other than the fact that porting of my home phone number did not take place on the day of installation as I was told. Several reschedules and many, many phone calls finally got it ported over on 3/17. All installation charges were credited or waived and the net cost less taxes and surcharges ended up being $192/month (I have 4 additional STB's, 2 wireless, 2 wired, in addition to the WH DVR.

The Gateway (RG) is the 2wire 3801 and the DVR and wired STB's are Motorola and the two wireless are Cisco devices. With a lot of research I managed to figure out how to properly connect my router behind the RG and changed a few settings on the 2Wire and my home network with all connected devices, wired and wireless, works flawlessly.

Other than the fact that I didn't know, nor was it mentioned, how much TV would use up bandwidth, especially HD, I am pretty pleased with the picture quality, even the non-HD, and the features, etc. As far as internet activity, even when all the TV streams are being used (3HD/1SD) typical browsing seems fast enough, though I haven't tried streaming to my PC under those circumstances. Also, there are some nice Apps that can be used with U-verse, especially the Voicemail viewer.

The main reason for switching is because TWC is going all digital, requiring a digital adapter or STB be used even on any device that was directly connected to cable coming out of the wall, even TV's that have QAM tuners. If I have to use STBs with all of my devices then I figured I would get a quote from AT&T for U-verse. Even with U-verse phone service, which was not in my cable package before, for the next 24 months I save about $15/month, plus another $22 I no longer pay to a 3rd party VoIP provider, plus another $20 as the U-verse WH DVR replaces 2 older Series 2 TiVo's. Looking at promos for "new" customers offered by TWC they are still way more expensive.

As for my ratings, for pre-sales information I am not sure I was given accurate info regarding a Rewards Card I qualified for. I am not sure I got what I should have qualified for being an existing AT&T wireless customer making the switch. Thus the low rating. Install coordination and tech support I rated both mid range due to the porting issue I mentioned above. For connection reliability I have not had to reboot anything like so many seem to have to do with U-verse, at least not yet, and the pricing is much better than what my only other option, TWC, offers.

So far I am pretty pleased with my decision to switch.

member for 9.6 years, 1243 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by premiumdsl4v See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "Great Customer tech support"
Bad "none for now"
Overall "This is our first day using and so far so good."

We bundled tv, internet and phone. The install went well, the usual suspect - verify registration page glitch is a given, and was promptly fixed. Belkin backup battery + ATT Belkin Braoadband router the equipment received. Directv will come out another time to connect/install? tv's with the AT&T U-Verse???

Comments:
muegen

join:2015-02-08

dtv

If you bundled and they set you up with DTV rather than Uverse iptv, then a dtv installer will be out to install your video service. The billing is merely bundled with Uverse services. A time should be set up for your dtv install.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma

Uverse and Directv are two seperate bills even though bundled!!!

also, be aware that if you bundled DIRECTV (as the tv portion) with a UVERSE bundle, cancelling UVERSE doesn't cancel directv service...

Just because its bundled, you will get a bill from AT&T UVERSE, and you will get a bill from DIRECTV!

My brother cancelled Uverse, and AT&T told him he was all zeroed out balance wise, yet directv kept billing him months later.

its TWO separate accounts!!!

Review by golfnow See Profile

• Location: Knoxville,Knox,TN
Good "Everything woks great"
Bad "n/a"
Overall "Excellent service."

Have U-verse internet !8mbps, Television, home phone and cell phone. Each service is very good. Every hooked up with no problems.

Still well satisfied with service. Internet now ay !8. No slowdowns. Price still the same.

Service has been great Up all the time.

Service still excellent. No downtime very dependable.

Comments:

Shocked

So Shocked

$235 a month for 8MBPS!?!?!?! Where do you live?!?!?

Paying $120 for 42MBPS, TV, and Phone service, and I thought I was overpaying!

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA

Re: So Shocked

if you read he has all 3 services plus cell phones (no telling how many he has, I would guess 2).

Catguy

AT&T

Be extremely careful signing up for AT&T U Verse Internet service by phone. I was assured over and over the $49 activation fee would be waived and there was no other start-up fees. I got my first bill, which I had been assured would be $19.95 plus a prorated amount of about $7, and there was the $49 activation fee plus another $108 in start-up fees. AT&T phone sales people will tell you anything to get you to sign on. They are trained liars.

not worth it

@172.56.31.x

don't get attuverse

Service is alright not gonna lie, but they put extra charges on my bill every month. So every month we have to be calling for them to fix it they said that we owe a modem. We send it in and apparently they never got it so there still charging us $100. Not really worth getting if you have to be calling every month

Review by CmmTch See Profile

• Location: High Ridge,Jefferson,MO
Good "Ordered on 7-16-12 with DD of 7-20. On 7-20 am it's in and works great."
Bad "Nothing bad"
Overall "Upgraded from Uverse VDSL Pro 3M to 18M. Very happy with the service"

I ordered Uverse HSI 3M Pro self install ($30 per mo, no term, employee) on Monday 7-16-12, internet only, not phone or TV. Was given due date of Fri 7-20-12, received the equipment on 7-18-12, a 2wire 3600HGV 4 port modem/router. The tech showed up at 10am, appointment time was 11a to 1p. He wired at the NID, had to go back to the SAI to fix cross connect from the PG to the VRAD for dial tone both services where up at 10:45am.

I asked him about the "do not connect your modem until 8:00pm on due date" verbiage in the Uverse documentation, he said your connection is up right now and you can set up the modem and register. I did that and used my existing ID to register and all is working great.

Also the tech put a VDSL2/POTS splitter on at the NID for me, I already had a CAT5 homerun for the computer.

8-24-2014 Have upgraded to 18M down (speedtest shows 21.9M down, 1.9M up »www.speedtest.net/index.php) very happy with the service. Also using the wireless from the 3600HGV for a laptop upstairs which is working great too.

No change, same product, happy with the service. »www.speedtest.net/my-result/4197 ··· 97223482

member for 12.6 years, 2004 visits, last login: 3 days ago

Comments:

Review by quicksilver See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Montgomery,OH
Good "Good speed for dsl"
Bad "At first dropped ,But is doing fine for now"
Overall "not bad for the money"

Got the special uverse
nice no cables wireless

Comments:

Review by Wily_One See Profile

• Location: San Jose,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Tech support has been responsive. (even if they can't fix the issue...)"
Bad "Bonded connection unreliable. Need more HD streams supported. TV remote is annoying."

I was an early adopter, getting U-verse back in 2008.
In the very beginning TV was glitchy, but since then those issues have been worked out.

Internet has been rock solid. Over the years there have been a couple of times when the connection was dropping. Tech Support found the issues (on their end) and rectified quickly.

UPDATE:
As of Feb 2014, AT&T has increased speeds for several tiers:
»Re: Max Turbo Upload Bumped to 5 Mbps? STARTED TONIGHT!

UPDATE: Feb 2015
Between last year and now, I was upgraded to the 45Mb bonded channel tier. This has proven to be a nightmare. Even if one channel stays up, any drop of the other causes the whole connection to freeze, affecting both TV and Internet. TV shows freeze, dropping frames, and Internet sessions are broken.

Premise Techs have been out multiple times. Linemen have been out multiple times. Bottom line is the two channel setup is LESS reliable than just one. (The exact opposite of my experience with bonding in the server world.)

The drop/retrain issue got so bad I have cancelled service and reluctantly gone back to Comcast.

member for 12.3 years, 5142 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Abused

Customer Abuse

Run, don't walk, from AT&T Uverse. Based on my Extensive, Extensive experience with AT&T Uverse, no will be able to get thru to customer service for any issue. Yes, the service works well, but at what costs? If you feel like carving out 30 hours on the phone, having an area manager chew you out, multiple trips to a corporate store, placed on hold, transferred to wrong numbers, given incorrect contact numbers, incorrect answers to speciic questions, ect., ect., ect., then sign up. I would pay $200 to NOT to go thru the experience of contacting AT&T uverse. It is so bad that I believe it falls under Customer Abuse. I would love to have a VP, not a store manager, customer service manager contact me. My email is kadyco123@yahoo.com On a scale of 1 to 100, the training given by AT&T is a zero. Yes, zero point zero. It's a disgrace really? I cannot express completely the frustration trying to battle like a medieval warrior and overcome hoardes of misinformation, an incompetent web site, and people AT&T has chosen NOT to properly equip with basic knowledge to servgice customers. Hey, I know what I'm talking about - more than 30 hours on the phone with AT&T Uverse trying to get simple questions answered. Don't believe me, call Uverse sales department and ask a salesperson, "What is the current Uverse promotion"? Then ask, "What are the comparable benefits of the three plans of AT&T Uverse?" Seriously, email me. Zero point Zero.

BrandiLB

-1 recommendation

Re: Customer Abuse

I completely agree. I also have one for you. We signed up with AT&T Uverse Internet on 9/13/2013. The tech came out to install everything on 9/16/13. I made sure to set us up on Auto Debit for payments and I'm not the best at monitoring, which leads into the next part. Last night around 7:00 PM CST our service was shut off. I tried to login to our online account to see what had happened (via my mobile hotspot with Verizon thank goodness) and we did not exist. I then spent the better part of an hour with Tech Support only for them to tell me that my account does not exist and call Sales Support in the morning (They're only open until 7:00 PM). Please keep in mind we have had service since 9/13 (3 months) and have received no emails stating our account was past due, or they needed a new card on file, etc. I get up and call Sales Support only to have them tell me the same thing - our account doesn't exist. They get a manager on the phone with me who is going to reactivate our account with a $100 advance. We essentially had not paid the bill in 3 months because our account didn't exist. I am absolutely fine with paying the $100 for that reason. Here's the kicker: We both work from home so as you can imagine internet connectivity is essential, of this I made AT&T aware. I was told that they would expedite the service to get it turned back on today. I called a few hours later to find out approximately when the service would be back on today and was informed that they couldn't do anything until Monday, this is Wednesday. I explained everything again and still no help. I ask you AT&T why in the world does a tech have to come out to my house to set me up when I was just set up 3 months and 5 days ago? You can certainly shut my service off with no warning remotely so why can't you reinstate it remotely. I'm with kadyco please email me and do tell at brandilb@gmail.com. This is a horrendous load of manure and explanation is due, especially since there was not a single person at AT&T who had dealt with this issue before and I seriously doubt there is any intention to fix it.
golfnow

join:2012-08-19
Knoxville, TN

1 recommendation

Re: Customer Abuse

Uverse is excellent. Have no problems reaching customer support.

Wily_One
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

"Abused", "BrandiLB",
hmmm, so I just said I've had GOOD customer service from AT&T, and you come along to tell me I "won't be able to get through." LOL.

The last issue I had the office of the president (of AT&T) was calling me to make sure I was taken care of. I got primo service; what you state is a lie.

You Anonymous posters need to go back to your Comcrap masters and report your failure.

Hey

@bhn.net

Re: Comcrap plants

What I just went through today with AT&T coaster service, I hope no one goes through! I only picked up the phone when I heard the representative start to yell at me pregnant wife! I heard him yelling from across the room! Then the battle went on for the next thirty minutes to try and cancel! Glad you were taken care of, but I will suggest people stay away!

deb127

Re: Comcrap plants

I have spent hours today trying to get my DSL turned back on. I was going to change my internet and phone to u-verse. Couldn't install the internet change due to snow and not safe to put an extension ladder up to the house.

Told it would happen last nite after the system updated or by the end of business (9 pm) Then a calling saying by morning, this morning - no internet - after talking to 7 people, it finally got turned back on.

I will be canceling my u-verse rescheduled install and keeping things as is. I'll be canceling the install mainly because i don't want digital landline phone service.

Jennifer P

@mycingular.net

Re: Customer Abuse

I agree. Horrible customer service. Issues are never resolved. Billing never correct. Have spent countless hours on the phone minth after month. Worth the extra $$ to go back to cox

AustinTX6543

AT&T Uverse

Thank you! The Internet is great! Hoping that you bring faster speeds to Del Valle,TX 78617 one day. They are advertising same price I pay for 45mbps for an even faster speed on TV. I am patiently awaiting. Thank you for you services AT&T. I play online gaming and MMO. Also downloads from iTunes. There are about Ten devices on my modems wifi/LAN. So you can see why I am waiting. I hope to get the faster speed advertised on TV at that price if possible. My connection is not coaxial it is a LAN based direct to my house. They just do not have the speed advertised on TV at my location, but you pay to receive and support them to create better services for other areas eventually. I also do not have a problem receiving customer support from them via live chat/phone. I think AT&T is an excellent service! Thank you.
martyp

join:2004-01-30
Vallejo, CA

AT&T Internet has been great

I have had AT&T for Internet since back in the day when DSL was 128mb. I now have uverse for phone and internet and it has been great.

I do have a problem with the wireless that developed late Friday night , but I am sure that I will get a new modem ordered on Monday .

I am using a net gear as a access point and using that for wireless and even when I get a new modem may want to keep it this way

Review by smogrady See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "Much better speed than previous DSL"
Bad "Price"
Overall "Not bad"

·AT&T Midwest
12/2014:
Upgraded to AT&T u-verse, 12mbps download. Used to be a DSL customer

Comments:

Review by RavenZ7 See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "Good speeds and good TV. Like that I can record 4 shows and still have full internet speed."
Bad "Sometimes a little slow down during prime time."
Overall "Comparable to Comcast but know that sometime this year Gigapower will be available to me."

Started out with the U300+18Mbps+phone. Now have U400+45Mbps+phone. Never use the phone but it was part of the discount package. No real issues but when we upgraded to the 45Mbps speed tier they had to replace the gateway. The tech came out but they had the upgrade on hold for about 2 hours for some reason. So a simple 20 min swap took 2 hrs.

member for 11.3 years, 1943 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

why60loss
join:2012-09-20

How do you know if you are getting gigapower?

A AT&T rep told me that 45mbs customers in a gigapower market would all get gigapower at some point. But I haven't seen anything official yet.

In Raleigh it was by June if the guess the rep made is right. But I know so far the roll out has been limited to very few customers in the markets it is in.
If only the FCC set standards on what ISP's can do on customer level connection's with rated "upto" speeds, packet loss and down time.