AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by gagem44 See Profile

• Location: Howell,Livingston,MI
Good "Steady speed, decent T.V."
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "Good"

It's okay.

member for 240 days, 3 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated a few hours ago

Comments:

Thecomedian

join:2013-12-09

You pissed someone off.

There is the question on "how the attacker obtained your IP address again". The only way that would happen is if your name (or your known alias) is left somewhere with your IP address, such as a message board or game server, AND the attacker is on that same service and has it out for you. (Or one of your family members).

You might want to try a different approach and see what "triggers" the DDOS once you get a new IP, and perhaps being able to pinpoint the attacker. AT&T might be able to assist you with an IP change, but they aren't going to do it if you call once a month because the attacker found you again.

First, investigate HOW exactly they find you, through what service, before you ask for an IP change.

Re: You pissed someone off.

Multiple places, on a game server through steam, skype; anywhere truly. "AT&T might be able to assist you with an IP change" > When I read that I laughed and this would just keep happening it's not just one person. The fact the have to fight for an IP change is a tell tale sign of a shi**y ISP.

Howell, MI
Also you got most of that from this
»Re: Changing my IP. (Being DDOS'd)

Thecomedian

join:2013-12-09

Re: You pissed someone off.

Yes, I did. Just do a little research and be nice to people online, and I am sure the problem will fix itself. A simple reboot will give you a new ip.

Re: You pissed someone off.

Ha only if it were that easy. I thank you for at least trying to give me tips but I tried everything under the moon :P

Review by Darknessfall See Profile

Good "TV features, uptime, and price"
Bad "Same service for 5 years :)."
Overall "Good product, but should upgrade their speeds"

How I'm installed:

All coax except for one TV by the gateway which has Ethernet while using the 2Wire 3801.

Equipment Review:

RG -The 3800 has been going strong for 4 years so far expect for the summer of 2010 when it decided to lose signal a lot but since then it hasn't dropped out once at all.I haven't gotten to use the ethernet for my computer since it was placed as close as possible to the NID so I mainly use wireless and it has been pretty decent while only having two bars. Pinging my gateway usually gives 1-2ms latency BUT sometimes our gateway may have a random wireless seizure every couple of months for a few days where your wireless becomes incredibly laggy but other than that it has been fine. The wireless performance is kind of poor on max speed though due to using wireless G still. I kind of wished they kept the modem/router separate since it makes it a little more annoying if you want to add a router ; ).

- Changed to 3801 model after posting this. Not much difference. -
- The 3801 seems to get really hot - 6/28/2013
- Would like to add that with my WNDA4100 adapter I now get full bars through a lot of walls on my gateway. Wireless G still makes it a little at this distance though.

STB(1x Motorola VIP1216/2x VIP1200s) - While I cannot comment on the recording feature since we barely use it they still are in good condition and well... work...
- Update: I seem to see random moments when all STBs in our home refuse to turn off with the physical power button on the STB. Usually clicking the "Menu" button on the STB fixes it.

Remote - All I can say that is it's very well laid out and doesn't feel too bulky.

TV:

SD - It's pretty decent. Clear on CRT and on a HDTV it can either be clear or maybe a little blurry depending on original format.

HD - Clear and soft edged. Some channels seem a little blurry at times though while others are great.

Audio - Clear and no drop outs.

Pixelization - I barely see any at all except for the rare moment it may randomly do it for less than a second after months.

On Demand - No comment since we barely use but movie buying was quick and easy. One thing I like to note is that the On Demand section is a little empty at times.
Note: Movie rentals last 2 days I believe.

Menu - Always fast and no lag but sometimes I find myself going through menu options that should of been closer to the start of it all.

Channels - We love the channel selection on U-verse that other companies such as Comcast do not have. There are usually two or so channels of the same channel in case you want to watch something else on that channel during a certain time.

Phone:

Quality - Decent

Caller ID on TV - We've always loved this feature and it hasn't had a glitch for us.
Caller ID on Phone - Works, sometimes. Usually get "Incoming call" on the phone.

Responsiveness - Good but when we first got the service we had dial problems that fixed themselves.

Internet:(No longer have internet service)

Latency - We usually get about 25ish with 1ms jitter.(Wireless)

Advertised vs real world - We are only on the 3 down/ 1 up plan and get about 3.1 down/ 1 up(Wireless)

Speeds - Decent for an average user.

Internet Consistency - Always on. Never went down when our power remained on.

Billing:

Errors - None

Problems - None

Price changes - Get yourself on a promo price .

Paying a bill: Fast

Old customer bonuses: Well... pretty poor. Most they give you is $5 off for a few months when you upgrade and such. They give out free previews of the other channels over major holidays though. $10 promo card to upgrade to paperless billing made me laugh a little though.

- Update: Got added onto promo pricing .

Support:

Opinion - We hadn't had much luck with support at all. First time the rep helped give us a temp solve that we would have to keep using at the time then another rep began to blame our computer and repeatedly ask us to buy something for $99 until we said we were hanging up(Turns out the whole issue was because of the cheap 2wire USB adapters we had). I also had good reps over live chat that seemed to be nice and answer my questions well. Like most companies you can either get the dumb or the great people. The wait time wasn't too bad but they like to swap you around to other people a lot. When we recently asked for new equipment there were no questions asked, quick and easy. We got our equipment the next business day.

Update: Got 3 free remotes. Declined offer for free wireless receiver upgrade.

Update: 6/28/2013
Service is still running good with no downtime. Line seemed to have dropped in quality VERY slightly. I get a couple thousand corrected blocks over time in my RG's error table. Random link retrains/ DSL Training errors on bootup.

I'm hoping we get the new RG in our area soon. Still no RG firmware update for our 2wire 3801 and Motorola STBs.
- Got the RG firmware update today - 6/29/2013

Was offered Max Turbo for $33 for 2 years but didn't take it at this time. Will look later to see if Comcast can offer me Blast for $34.99. Hopefully AT&T decides to speed up their upgrades.

Update: 11/27/2013

Still only U300 + Unlimited Home Phone

No real issues still. Dreading the annual price increases. The price has gone up by quite a bit since almost 5 years ago.

Line stats at the time of this update:
Downstream Upstream
Max User Rate 59785 kbs Not Available
Noise Margin 19.2 dB Not Available
Attenuation 10.3 dB Not Available
Output Power 14.3 dBm -21.2 dBm

Update: 2/17/14

Have U300(3 receivers) + Unlimited Home Phone + Max Turbo now

Got into another promotion and everything together totals $124. May downgrade to the 200 minute plan.

It's been 5 years now of having U-verse.
Update: 7/28/14

I recently upgraded our broken VIP1200 to an ISB7005 which is must faster. I also downgraded from Max Turbo to Max Plus(getting 23/2). We also downgraded to the 200 minute plan a few months ago. My bill is now $109.

Line stats at the time of the update:

Down/ Up
Max User Rate 60168 kbs Not Available
Noise Margin 19.4 dB Not Available
Attenuation 10.8 dB Not Available
Output Power 14.2 dBm -20.7 dBm
Update: 8/30/14

Since the last review we replaced our second VIP1200 with a ISB7005 and our VIP1225 with a VIP2250.

member for 2 years, 1115 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Darknessfall
join:2012-08-17

Update - Data Collected for 15 Hours

ImpldConsent
Under Siege
join:2001-03-04
Mcdonough, GA
·magicjack.com

Re: Update - Data Collected for 15 Hours

Good review. Detailed and a good read. My only confusion is why the screenshot with only 15hrs of time? It'd be more helpful with about a week of data collected.
That's "MISTER" Kafir to you.

Darknessfall
join:2012-08-17

Re: Update - Data Collected for 15 Hours

said by ImpldConsent:

I just reset my gateway then decided to post it so it was too late . I'll probably post another error table soon to replace it. Still looks the same at the time of this post.

Review by CUBS_FAN See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "Having a designated line with solid and steady latency is sight for sore eyes after using Comcast for the past 10 years"
Bad "Nothing yet. Only negative is that my package is rated at 24Mbps download and speed test's show 21 to 22 best. No biggie"
Overall "Smooth connection even while streaming Netflix on the iPad and using 2 wireless connected laptops "

·magicjack.com
·Vonage
Amazing that I placed the order early Friday morning (10/4/2013) at around 1am and had an install date of the next day Saturday morning. Install went smooth and the tech found some "bridging" issue on the line limiting my upload speeds. The installer placed a call to have it fixed. By the time he finished the install the other guy arrived to fix the bridging issue. My upload speeds average at round 2.90Mbps. That's almost exactly what's advertised. 12 month intro at $11.05 off @ 54.95 and $66 thereafter.

8/28/14 - About 10 months later (time fly's so fast) and not experiencing any issues. After 2 months I upgraded to the 45/5 power package and can even get impressive speed tests while connected via WiFi.

Comments:

dallas ebest

@75.1.100.x

double billing

Feb. a year ago my router died. I called to get a new one and was told that me old one was a relic of by gone days and no longer serviced .. had to go the newer verse route I was told it would be less expensive .. first bill arrived about triple of what the old bill was( No note that I was billed for new equipment) second bill arrived -- same thing I called your hot line and was told the problem would be corrected it was never corrected ,, according to my figures you owe me about $700 in overcharges . I have written and phoned but nothing has taken place. I called and cancelled my internet and phone. and told the person I talked to that AT&T could take their bill and service and shove it where the sunshine would never see it again . I have no intention of paying your(Obama type of billing)

Review by CmmTch See Profile

• Location: High Ridge,Jefferson,MO
Good "Ordered on 7-16-12 with DD of 7-20. On 7-20 am it's in and works great."
Bad "Nothing bad"
Overall "Upgraded from Uverse VDSL Pro 3M to 18M. Very happy with the service"

I ordered Uverse HSI 3M Pro self install ($30 per mo, no term, employee) on Monday 7-16-12, internet only, not phone or TV. Was given due date of Fri 7-20-12, received the equipment on 7-18-12, a 2wire 3600HGV 4 port modem/router. The tech showed up at 10am, appointment time was 11a to 1p. He wired at the NID, had to go back to the SAI to fix cross connect from the PG to the VRAD for dial tone both services where up at 10:45am.

I asked him about the "do not connect your modem until 8:00pm on due date" verbiage in the Uverse documentation, he said your connection is up right now and you can set up the modem and register. I did that and used my existing ID to register and all is working great.

Also the tech put a VDSL2/POTS splitter on at the NID for me, I already had a CAT5 homerun for the computer.

8-24-2014 Have upgraded to 18M down (speedtest shows 21.9M down, 1.9M up »www.speedtest.net/index.php) very happy with the service. Also using the wireless from the 3600HGV for a laptop upstairs which is working great too.

member for 12 years, 1960 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by alanxenos See Profile

• Location: Winnetka,Cook,IL
Good "Decent price, better than DSL"
Bad "4 stream limit ATM"
Overall "Like comcast, but less painful on the rear end."

·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Broadband..
Upgraded from AT&T DSL, which for the past year has never exceeded 512Kbps down due to crappy wiring. Was visited by a att door-to-door guy around Halloween. Sold me on the U-Verse 300 channel + 18Mbps internet service. Has been installed since 11/07 and it runs great. The only issue is we have 4 receivers in the house, and there is a limit to 4 streams so if all tv's are on, we can't record something in the background. I'll give them a temporary pass, as a tech told me there would be a 6-stream upgrade within 6 months, and 8 within 12. Also, had some initial receiver issues, called at 10p on a Monday night and had a tech out with a new one at 6p on Tuesday. All in all, a good experience so far.

Update 8-19-2014 - No idea about where the whole 6/8 stream upgrade went. Still 4 streams, but the service is rock-solid.

Comments:

Anonjp

@spcsdns.net

AT&T sucks!

Where do I begin with this company. First off when requesting internet service i clearly stated that i wanted equipment sent to apt 139 and never recieved it. went looking for equipment and found it in front of apt 11 which was a model apt! After this Sent me a bill for almost $400 dollars in charges when I had already suspended my tv service with them two months prior and asked for Internet only. They then proceeded to suspend my service due to mistakes on their end and took over a month to revise my bill. Once bill was paid I requested Internet ONLY paid $100 deposit and all of a sudden there's a problem with finding a date for technician to come out. Horrible customer service! Reps set time and date to call back and never do. Tried making $100 deposit multiple times and they keep returning it to my card. Reps lie and say they left notes on account but when I call back they've magically disappeared. The last time I finally made payment and got date for technician to come out, come to find out they've accessed my bank account and have withdrawn over $800 which I did not authorize whatsoever.Called to speak to rep and was basically blown off and told that they had no knowledge of me calling in and my account number didn't exist. Called my bank and got my money back, terrible company and customer service will NEVER give this company my business again.

J mo

@172.10.73.x

Uverse sucks

I was promised faster internet when I called about Uverse I regret changing from my legacy DSL. The service people have to come to my house at least once a week. It cuts off all the time and buffers constantly. As soon as another service is available I am changing from Uverse. If you Havel DSL don't change it's a trick if they say you can go back to DSL if not satisfied

From the OC

@172.56.38.x

Re: Uverse sucks

I have legacy DSL, with DSLExtream and I am looking to switch. But I didn't want to fall into the Uverse poor service trap if Uverse had not improved from 5 years ago when my 85 year old mothers service was Slammed over to Uverse without her permission. I have been on conference calls with employees who drop off the call because Uverse froze on them.

It appears from your post "Uverse Sucks" would frustrate me if I joined a poor service. So I think I will just go with Megapath or someone other than Uverse.

DallasTxFam

@99.21.85.x

Att Uverse is TERRIBLE

I AGREE WITH J- MO 100%
ATT UVERSE HOME & BUSINESS SERVICE IS GARBAGE!!! I have both services and it CONSTANTLY GOES OUT, I'm in the process of switching providers as I type this. At my house I have gone whole weekends without service, and because I have a Bundle that means the WHOLE WEEKEND without internet & phone service! At the office we, the group of tenants in that office strip, were all Bamboozled into upgrading to Att Uverse and now we ALL experience the LOOONG EXTENDED Periods of NO SERVICE, which is crushing to a business. If you have great ATT service good for you but this is to warn future people. For MOST the service is TERRIBLE Google the customer reviews! I've posted on Neighborhood websites and the constant response back to me is "I know, this service is terrible I've just learned to accept it" and that's the problem u don't have to accept it, CANCELL THE SERVICE, THERE ARE OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS OUT THERE!; maybe we should all switch back 2 smaller companies that still appreciate their customers b/c they know it's the consumer that keeps them in business unlike huge conglomerates WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. And tell others to do the same we can send Att Uverse and all companies a message... YOU WILL NOT MISTREAT YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND GET AWAY WITH IT! Don't just post negative reviews CANCEL SERVICE! We have to stop being lazy saying I don't want to bother with switching when u do that THEY WIN AND THE CONSUMER LOSES, BUT WE HAVE ALL THE POWER NOTHING IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE DOLLAR/BUYING POWER!!!

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA

Re: Att Uverse is TERRIBLE

Stop trolling this guy's review. If you don't like the service write your own review.
Expand your moderator at work

apanapa78

@4.20.98.x

ATT is the worse company and they lie to you all the time

I always thinked that ATT was a good company but now everything is bad they lie to you with prices they treat you bad and they ignore you when you have problems. I have a plan with them for 1 week they give me a broken tables that I can even use but I paid $ 160. they open a new account for me without my authorization and they want me to pay again, this is a nightmare and I can't wake up. I had called ATT customer service 9 times in the past 2 weeks and nothing. I have the corporate number but they never answer either. ATT is a bad company and someone need to do something . I really hope that someone from ATT that cares about customer help me with all the issues I have

Review by moose See Profile

• Location: Indianapolis,Marion,IN
Good "Excellent service and value"
Bad "none"
Overall "Happy Camper!"

U450, 45 Mbps DL/6 Mbps UL

Comments:

Never again

@sbcglobal.net

They Suck!

Horrible customer service, don't show up for tech appointments, give you the run around about why service isn't functioning properly and have incompetent techs! Overall, I will never use them again and am thinking about switching my cell service now too just because the experience was so terrible. Btw, I was a customer for 2 years and they never were fully able to fix or identify the problem! Buyer beware!

texvpd

@sbcglobal.net

new search functionality

the new search came on line about a week ago. and it is very weak.
It takes way to long for an general search. and when it goes to on demanc it is now supper slow. the old interface was fine and we don't need the on demand search to look like netflicks but takes 4 times or more longer to load than netflix with no increase in user functionality

Kt

@myvzw.com

TERRIBLE.

I am currently writing this review from my 3G cell phone because our U-verse NEVER WORKS. DO NOT GET IT. For real. It's cheap but the frustration is not worth the money you save.

senta

@tmodns.net

new customer's nightmare

My ordeal started 4 days ago when i switched to them.....i still dont have service ..the first installer did a crappy job and gave me the wrong box he wasnt supposed to...on top of that he cut the comcast cable which i still have service on...they are not supposed to cut any cables without customer authorization. It took me 2 days and conuntless hours on the phone to get another technician out...he changed the box...and did some work outside ...the service was on for about an hour then the light on the box turned red and ever since i have no internet or tv....its the 4 day since the first installer came and still nothing and im a new customer....i have spent the majority of the last 4 days on hold trying to get someone who knows what they are doing with no luck.....this is the beginning of a nightmare...dont get their service they are horrible

I start new work on
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

I can help

YOu can click on my name on the left or post in the direct forum listed on the main page of this site.

Thanks

Review by snope See Profile

• Location: Merrillville,Lake,IN
Good "Somewhat Reliable Connection and Speed"
Bad "Ancient Technology in the Twenty-First Century (Where's mah fiber optikz!1)"
Overall "It's either Comcast or ATT. Thanks, Free Market!"

U-Verse Internet Elite
6 Mbps/768 kbps

Apparently, my download speed has gone down, significantly. I'm going to call and keep you posted.

I WAS on a year-long promotional deal of $30 a month that just expired. That is a MUCH more reasonable price for this slow service.

Comments:

Review by rolande See Profile

• Location: Prosper,Collin,TX
Good "Easy order. Easy install. No hassles. No surprises, yet. Performance is consistent and reliable."
Bad "My biggest gripe is the limited number of simultaneous video streams and the mediocre HD picture quality."
Overall "Majority of services just seem to work, so far, and I'm happy with the entire process from order to install to performance."

·ViaTalk
Power Tier Upgrade 45/6Meg 10/3/2013:

I placed my order to upgrade my existing 24Meg U-verse service to the Power Tier in late September of 2013, the day that ordering was made available at our location. It took just over a week for the service call to be scheduled ~9-10 days. \

The technician arrived and validated my existing install. He replaced my 2Wire 3801 residential gateway with the new Motorola NVG589 and got it provisioned and working on the existing single DSL pair that I had. He then went to the VRAD and patched the second F2 pair into a VDSL port. He came back to the pedestal and terminated that pair onto my feeder cable to my NID. He then went to my NID and ran a SELT test on the new pair. After the test was successfully complete, he terminated the second pair. We went inside to monitor the status of the NVG589 and verify it was working as expected. The 2nd pair would not negotiate. After about a half hour of tinkering with the router and the wiring, he went and called provisioning to double-check and confirm the details. He took the line apart and ran more tests. After about an hour and a half of further troubleshooting he decided to swap pairs at the pedestal and VRAD just in case. Same results. He was about out of ideas and then on a whim decided to replace the original button splice he installed in the NID. That fixed it. The button splice had not been a good connection.

So, I was a little annoyed that it took almost 4 hours to finish the install. TV, Voice, and Internet were all offline most of that time. If the original button splice had been clean, the install would have taken about 45 minutes total.

Service has been great since the upgrade. I can achieve download speeds right around 47Mbps and upload peaks around 5.8MBps. The NVG589 residential gateway has been more stable and has been simpler to configure than the 2Wire unit. The TV and Voice services work the same as expected. I have not noticed Video On Demand pauses since the upgrade, as I had seen previously but that could be purely coincidental. I regularly work from home and consume a fair amount of bandwidth on video calls and screen sharing and remote desktop apps, my wife regularly is recording 4 HD shows on the DVR simultaneously, and I have 2 kids who are becoming little bandwidth hogs watching video and non-stop sharing photos and video on Instagram. We also recently got NetFlix and have had a really good experience with it so far.

Service cost breakdown including taxes and fees:

U-verse TV U200 w/HD plus 4 add'l receivers - $148.05

High speed equip fee - $7

U-verse Voice Unlimited - $43.44

Voice Unlimited base - $35

Original U-verse order for TV/Voice/Internet with 18Meg service:

I have been a long time AT&T ADSL customer in both Chicago and Columbus Ohio. We moved to the northern suburbs of Dallas, Texas in June of 2012 and were eligible for U-Verse service. So, I placed the order online in anticipation of our move to a temporary apartment. The entire process was fairly simple and easy to navigate from start to finish. I did not consider any other providers, as I prefer to use DSL versus a Cable provider. If Verizon FiOS had been available, I likely would have opted for that given the exceptional price/performance ratio and available high bandwidth options. In my opinion, U-Verse was the best available option. AT&T has definitely far exceeded my expectations based on my past experiences.

The technician called ahead of time. He arrived 10-15 minutes earlier than his 9-11am window and completed all the outside wiring work first. It took about 3 hours total to install the main gateway, 2 TV boxes/DVR, phone and register for the Internet service. He didn't even have to ask, he automatically put booties on to avoid walking with his boots directly on the carpet. He was friendly and professional and efficiently knocked the work out.

I ordered the Triple Play service including Uverse U200 channel package ($89), the Internet Max Plus package at up to 18Mbps downstream and 1.5Mbps upstream ($59), and Voice Unlimited for phone ($35).

I have the 2Wire 3801HGV gateway with a Motorola VIP2250 as the DVR on the main TV in our living area and a Cisco ISB7005 as a wireless set top box in another bedroom. They include a Belkin battery backup unit for the main gateway for the phone service. There is also a small Cisco external Wireless Access Point attached.

The wireless signal is nice and strong and I ran a preliminary speed test to a local service provider. I got up to 16.81Mbps down and 1.45Mbps upstream. I'm seeing about 28 milliseconds of latency to the upstream gateway at at&t.

They offered discounts for all of the install fees because I ordered triple play. They also offered $350 of AT&T rewards that are provided on a promotional card they deliver in the mail after 30 days of service. It appears I also get 3 months of free HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and all of the On-Demand movie options for those channels as well. That will help pass the time in temp housing.

So, at this point, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. The order to install experience has been seamless and without issues. At this point, I am one happy camper.

We moved into our new house at the end of September 2012 and scheduled our U-Verse service to be moved from the temporary apartment we were in. I was amazed at how easy the process was. We brought the boxes we had with us. The tech showed up to do the install and everything just worked.

I had my first service outage several weeks ago. I was able to quickly isolate the problem outside as the gateway was unable to synch the DSL signal. A tech was dispatched that same day. The problem appeared to clear on its own about an hour and a half after I called. The tech still came out to test and was not able to identify the root cause. They blamed it on a firmware push to my router but I was able to confirm there has never been a firmware push to my router. So, it does cause me a little concern. Hopefully this is a rare transient event.

I recently decided to increase my Internet package from the 18Meg to 24Meg service mostly for the increased upstream capacity from 1.5Meg to 3Meg for video conferencing. I submitted the change to my account online and within 2 business days the updated profile was pushed to my router. I am now seeing 22.58Mbps downstream and 2.83Mbps upstream. I was even given a 6 month discount of $5 a month on the upgrade. I'm now paying $66/month for the Max Turbo service plus a $6/month equipment fee less the $5/month discount.

I experienced another problem this past week that caused unstable service. I had another Tech visit. They found a jumper pair in the NID was pinched and accidentally stripped bare. They re-terminated my home run in my wiring closet with a female RJ14 insert and replaced my RG which was acting strange. They ran tests on my line and found a significant number of FEC errors. It was isolated to the buried cable from my NID to the pedestal out front. So, they installed a new cable to be buried and resolved the errors on the line. Hopefully this was the last of our issues and things will be stable from here on out.

After replacing the feeder cable from my NID to the pedestal, I continued to experience outages every 2-4 weeks. I would reboot the 2Wire 3801 gateway and things would go back to "normal". This continued from February to July of 2013. I called in a trouble ticket every time it occurred. Finally, in July, after seemingly getting nowhere on the issue for months and swapping out every component on the line, the last tech who came out decided to have my line provisioned to a different port on the VRAD. They moved me from the older F series card in the VRAD to a newer K series card. All problems disappeared after that and my line stats improved dramatically.

member for 12.2 years, 4230 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Waxahachie, TX

1 recommendation

Your Review

Hi,
I really enjoyed reading every word of your review, I currently live in Jacksonville,FL, here I'm using Comcast. I'm moving to Waxahachie,Texas on 06-02, at the address of the home I'm moving to, my communication option's are limited. Charter Communications is in the process of performing a major upgrade in that area, so except for satellite tv service, I'm rather limited to U-verse @ that address. I've never had their service before, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm scheduled for installation on 06-03, I'm getting the U450 TV pkg., Power internet (45 Mbps download) and digital phone service. I'm hoping I'll be as satisfied as you.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
·ViaTalk

Re: Your Review

Best of luck with the install. I've had a great experience with it and have been really happy with the TV service compared to Time Warner Cable and the legacy AT&T DSL service I had back in Ohio, before we moved here. You will likely be on a pair bonded VDSL2+ connection. That is essentially 2 physical copper pairs each with their own discrete VDSL connection that is then treated as a single virtual connection by the residential gateway at your house and the VRAD box you connect to upstream. Both copper pairs have to be fairly balanced for signal and noise. Because of the sensitivity around the VDSL connections, it is possible you can experience outside RF interference that can create intermittent issues.

Follow the U-verse forum here and post questions. You will find a ton of advice on how to ensure you obtain the most stable connection possible and if you do run into issues, how to quickly get to resolution whether it requires assistance from AT&T or you can fix it on your own. The good thing is with the pair bonded connection you will most likely get the new Motorola NVG589 router. It appears to have resolved many of the constant issues that used to be complained about here. It is much more stable than the 2Wire product. I've had it since October and it has been solid as a rock for me.
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/
Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Waxahachie, TX
Dear rolande,
Thanks for your reply, this morning while online..something told me to go to the AT&T Welcome site, and check the status of my order. When I did so...I thought I was going to have a heart attack, it stated my order had been cancelled ! So of course I called the toll free # and talked with a customer service rep., after giving them the need information..they found my order was still in their system, as was to be completed as scheduled. I surely hope everything works out with this..I guess the previous people that lived in the home had U-verse service, and when they moved out..didn't cancel their service properly.

Review by jrushing See Profile

• Location: Downers Grove,Du Page,IL
Good "installation was on time and well done"
Bad "nothing so far"
Overall "so far, so good"

in the course of talking with AT&T about a billing issue with our mobile phones, the service rep went into their spiel about U-verse. we listened and asked questions and were quoted a price of 143.00 for 24 mb internet, tv, and phone service. we've been with Comcast for a few years. started with the old AtHome service. have not been unhappy with Comcast in general other than the creeping rise in rates. AT&T offered to waive installation fee if we jumped ship. my main concern was with internet speed since i liked the 20 mb or so download speeds we were getting with Comcast. i was also told they don't have data caps which is not actually true. they have a 250 gb cap which is currently not being enforced. so we said, let's do it. installation was scheduled and they came out yesterday to install.

installer called 1/2 hour before promised time to let me know he was on the way. was a very pleasant individual. did all the outside work needed then came in to wire everything up. we have 5 televisions and he got them all connected and setup. helped me make sure internet was working fine. during set up of the tvs, i realized my wife had chosen the U-family pkg which does not include HD. the installer was able to change the service to the U-200 tier which includes HD. he checked the phone lines, cleaned up empty boxes and cables. he gave me his card and told me to call him if anything was wonky. i tried to give him a tip when he left but he politely refused.

all in all, i don't think the install could have gone any better.

7/13/14 things were great for the first day and half of day 2. then for no apparent reason televisions would lose signal and internet would drop. checked everything i could think of checking but it was still dropping. by Sunday it was intolerable so i called support and arranged for onsite visit. tech arrived on Monday morning and of course by then it had stabilized somewhat. he checked everything outside and said all looked good. as we were talking the service dropped. he looked at the line and saw massive bursts of noise. after checking inside connections he decided to swap out the modem. things were fine rest of the day but the drops started again in the evening. eventually got them to send a line tech out who determined there was a bridge tap on the line causing the interference. he terminated it and it's been rock solid since. i called billing and politely raised holy hell and they adjusted my bill to reflect the days with interrupted service.

member for 13.7 years, 1969 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Smile4vball

@166.147.123.x

Wrong.

Go look on yelp for the real story.

ILpt4U
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL

FYI

U200 does not include HD -- HD is only included in the U450 package

Watch that your price paid may be about $25/month higher than the initial quote -- $15/month more for U200 over U-Family, and $10/month more for HD add on, not counting promotional considerations

jrushing
smart, sober, hostile

join:2000-12-14
Downers Grove, IL

Re: FYI

thanks for the heads up. will keep on an eye this.
tu ne cede malis...

Review by Trihexagonal See Profile

• Location: US
Good "Great deal, friendly and professional phone rep and tech support install"
Overall "AT&T continues to provide me good service after over 10 years on the job"

·AT&T Midwest
The promo ran out on the old deal I had with AT&T for DSL and phone service last month, and my monthly bill went up almost 50%, which I found unacceptable. I called Customer Retention to see if I could work something out, or I might have to switch to Charter.

The phone rep was very polite and helpful, and offered to bump me up from my old 6MBps DSL plan to U-verse at 18MBps, at the same price I had been paying for DSL HSI. My phone plan had also gone up and he stated everything would stay at the old rate with a 12 month contract, and he would give me an additional 200 free minutes long distance a month. Plus, he waived the $100 cost of the Motorola NVG510 router and the fee for the service tech call to install the new service.

The tech guy was very friendly and polite was well. He called to let me know he was getting ready to arrive and was very knowledgeable about what he was doing, although I set up my own voice service and logged onto the AT&T page to go through the steps to get online myself, and he just basically walked me through what I needed to do. The whole service call took less than 30 minutes and I was very happy with the way things went.