AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by Uverse guy See Profile

• Location: Carrollton,Dallas,TX
Good "Everything (except the lack of FTTP)"
Bad "No Gigpower in my area"
Overall "Great service. No issues thus far. "

U450. HSIA18. Order was processed internally. 589 gateway, but soon to be 599. 8 stb. Only 5 in use. 32 Mbps profile. IHP8010 DVR, two 2500 WSTB. Two 2200 stbs. VAP 2500.

I have had Time Warner Cable, Charter, Dish Network, and Uverse personally. Uverse has been far more reliable than Charter and Dish. It has many more features than TWC (Time Warner Cable). Speed seems comparable, even though I had almost twice the speed with Time Warner Cable. Uverse is simply the best service I have ever had.

About three month ago I had an open (lines not connecting) on ONE side of my pair at the terminal. Though I am close to the SAI (~1200 ft), I was still impressed by the robustness of Uverse to function with half the signal expected. AT&T Uverse is a great service.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week
updated a few hours ago

Comments:

Porthos

Ethics

Would it be appropriate for a reviewer to state their employment by the company they are reviewing?

Review by Chris 313 See Profile

• Location: Houma,Terrebonne,LA
Good "Every channel I had from my Comcast TV service for at least 30 bucks less."
Bad "Less then stellar TV bitrates, limited HSI speeds vs cable. Very Frustrating pre-setup. Dated 4 tuner DVR, limited HDD space"
Overall "AT&T U-Verse TV service was the best bang for my buck! Interesting alternative over Comcast"

·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..
I’ve been thinking about getting U-Verse for a while at least for TV since Comcast has been failing me in features, DVR hard drive size, and the big one: Price. My triple Play package will be going up by 30 bucks once the deal is over. Their DVR is too small, limiting the amount of recording I could save and limiting the number of shows I could record at one time. As of yesterday 12/9/10, I went to the mall and to the AT&T store to get U-Verse TV set up. There began a very frustrating pre-set up. I got a woman named Lena. They had complaints about my ID and several false starts ensued until they decided they could use my ID. I was fed bunk about not being able to get TV service only and had to bundle it with Internet too.

I called her on it, as if you look online, you can get a package with TV only. Though I was kind of tempted to get 24/3 U-Verse internet since Comcast hasn’t upgraded me yet and I’m still at 8/2. I still hate to be talked into things that I don’t want at the time. Next thing that almost had me walking out was my being told that to even get service, I had to do Autopay for 6 months and if I wouldn’t that, she couldn’t set me up. (I’m still awaiting confirmation on that since those saleswomen already lied to me once about a channel I wanted added to my package.) I refused at first, but relented as I didn’t want to waste everything I did to get service started up until that point. But I was not happy in the slightest. I got 95% of everything I wanted channel wise in the package I chose, U-450. I wanted Anime Network On Demand added to my package. They looked at me funny and insisted it was part of my package and couldn’t or wouldn’t look further for it, though it’s possible in my frustration, I might’ve mis-explained it, and I really should’ve wrote it down. Another add-on I wanted was said to be included in my package, but I don’t think so. I’m still on the fence about it anyway and could do without it and save my 5 bucks. No matter as you’ll read below.

After getting things set up, choice of install dates came up and as I wanted to get rid of Comcast TV as soon as possible. Going from my friend’s U-Verse install, I was expecting at least a week delay. Instead, I got an install date for 12/10/10 for between 1-3 pm. I was shocked and happy. Still, I left angry since I had a feeling things were going to go wrong. I came home, looked up the Anime Network On Demand channel and it wasn’t a part of my package like they had insisted. I talked to a Tier 2 tech named, Matt. He got me squared away and did what he could to help me get that forced Autopay situation handled.

Lovely tech support and my pre-set up with U-Verse would’ve went much smoother and faster if he had been behind the counter and talking to me face to face.

That brings us to today.

12/10/10

I was awakened by a phone call at 8:33 am from the outside tech, Barry. He said he’d be there in 15 minutes. He showed up, replaced my NID and some wiring and was getting in his truck and driving off by 9:40 am. The first part of the install went swimmingly and I was happy. Now all that was left was to wait a few hours for the tech that was going to come do my inside work. 10 minutes after Barry left, I got another call from the 2nd tech, JB. He asked me if he could come do the install earlier then my appointment time window. I told him come on down! I was thrilled. He told me he’d be there in about an hour. He arrived at 10:43 am, introduced himself and got to looking at my set up. I was planning on reusing the cable my Comcast TV service was on if it was possible. He went and traced the wires and tested the signal and things were fine. I was also told that I was 1,054 feet from the VRAD and on the 32/5 profile. The best there is, or so I was told. A little wiring work later, he went back to his truck and brought in a 2Wire 3800HGV-B model Residential Gateway unit and a Cisco IPN4320 DVR STB. He unhooked the Comcast DVR and I was shocked to see AT&Ts boxes are about half the size of the Comcast box.

The install was neat, clean and works real well. I have an even better SD picture then I had with Comcast’s TV service

It took about 5 minutes for the boxes to boot and then things got working. I was definitely blown by the difference in channel line up that I’ll have to relearn, but, eh. I’m a tech. I’ll figure it out (or at least my favorite channels in short order) soon. I also found out after hooking it to an HD monitor I have that the box switches resolutions between my SDTV Tube TV and my HDTV monitor. Too bad I can’t watch 2 different channels on each hookup while doing that. When watching the HD hook up, I see what others have said about U-Verse HD quality with the blurriness and slightly blocky picture. Though by the time I get an actual HDTV, they’ll have probably improved things further.

Before JB left, I checked on Anime Network On Demand and found it not working, though it kicked in a bit after he left. So far, I’m great now. All my channels are working and I’m loving the change. AT&T U-Verse TV is well worth my money and I’m glad I switched. He left at 12:30 pm. The install went well and the only thing that’s off is the fact my VCR wasn’t hooked back up, but I can do it myself later. So, no harm.

A few hours after the install, I got back in touch with Matt of Tier 2 and told him about things and he informed me that although I had 4HD channels available to me, I could only record 3 and watch 1 on another TV, which isn’t possible since only one TV is hooked up to the service. I tested it earlier and was able to record all 4 channels on the one box like I had originally wanted. This shocked him as he thought I wasn’t in a test area for that feature. (I had read on another forum that recording 4 channels was being sent to each new customer from the beginning instead of an upgrade.) So I picked a great time to sign up, eh?

The remote and various things like setting up series recordings and search will take some getting used to, but I’m rapidly adapting and I love the service. I should’ve switched before now.

The actual techs that serviced me and Matt at Tier 2 were exceptional

I’ll be dumping Comcast TV on Monday now that I’m hooked up. I’ll be updating this review when I find out what my next bill is and what the Autopay situation is.

Update: 12/15/10

Just got access to the U-Verse site and set everything up. Was able to cancel my Autopay. It remains to be seen if it'll effect anything. I believe that the lady doing my pre-order set up was lying to me saying that Auto pay is mandatory for 6 months.

Update: 12/18/10

Got a piece of mail from AT&T saying that my now canceled Autopay was approved and a warning that any services requiring Autopay, if Autopay was canceled, service would be shut off and if service is terminated, would incur ETFs, etc. If this is true, with others having U-Verse service and others without forced Autopay. I won't pay any fees and might even consider going back to Comcast if my service is shut off for something as stupid as forcing Autopay, when I fully intend to pay my bill every month without it.

Update: 12/20/10

I was just watching one of my recordings and have finally seen what others have mentioned with pixelation and micro-blocking. It was nasty. Their faces were blurred out during this few seconds. Though, this was on the SD version of the channel, HD may be better. I'll have to do some testing. Still, it's not bad enough for me to get overly pissed about it. Their DVR box is enough to keep me on the service for a long while. Being able to record 4 shows at once is too addicting to switch.

Update: 2/3/11

Since the last update, I've had the service for over a month now and I like it. I've since dropped all add on packages like Anime Network on Demand, and just went with the U-450 as it is out of the box to save the 7 dollars in add ons I was spending. I was gonna go with the HD add on package of channels in addition to the Anime Network on Demand package, so I could get the Funimation Channel, but decided against it. I'm glad I did as just as I was making the decision, U-Verse ran a week of everything they had to offer for free. So I got to see just what the HD package I was gonna order was like. I wasn't too impressed. And the Funimation Channel offered 2 shows that I wanted, but could get on DVD or Hulu anytime I chose. So here I am. Matt from Tier 2 was very helpful in getting me squared away and off I go. I've also paid my first month's bill since then and have basically shown that woman at the mall to be a liar. I don't have to have mandatory autopay like she insisted I did. Instead, I pay it with my bank's bill pay service and haven't heard a peep out of AT&T about it. My 6 month promo is up in June, so we'll see then if I make any changes to my TV package or service in general.

Update: 7/8/11

This month, my 6 month U-Verse TV promotion expired and my bill went from 113 to 124. The expected price increase to 117 happened and the rest was just fees and taxes. I don't use a lot of the channels such as HBO and others, so I decided to cut my package down to something below 100 bucks that doesn't have premium channels included. Since I watch only maybe 20-30 channels regularly, I looked for a package with those and went from U-450 (their top package with every Premium channel) down to U-200. It has everything that I use of the U-450 package, and nothing I don't. I'll also save 25 if not more, dollars a month from the switch. Don't know what my exact bill will be now. but it will be less then 100 bucks. I'm expecting around 80 or slightly less.

Also, on the 5th, I got the fabled Phase 3 update and my DVR matches what Comcast had in terms of being able to see how much recording space my DVR has left without having to go through a bunch of menus first. It is a bit slower, though. And they changed the fast forward controls. Can't say I like that, but it's an extra hit on the button and the slowness? Maybe it's just me. We'll see.

Will update when I get my latest bill in with the U-200 plan changes.

Update: 9/22/12

Wednesday night at 7:30 pm, my RG lost connection and I was left with a blinking red light. I can't use my TV service for the time being. I suspect the RG is fried. This will have been the second RG to break since I got my service on 12/10/10.

I'm awaiting replacement and will update with how that goes.

Update: 9/24/12

After a bit of a false start with Tech support, I got an appointment for 9/24/12 for them to send a tech out about my issue. Talked to a nice guy named Travis, who to my shock, said that it wasn't my RG as I thought, but that there was a break in the line between the VRAD and my home wiring. Whether or not it was at my house wasn't known at the time.

I gleaned an appointment from 12-4 pm. At 3:22 PM, an inside tech named Jason came and a few minutes into running his tests says that I'm dead at the house and it isn't my house wiring. So they have to get a line tech into the mix as there is nothing more Jason can do on his end. He leaves after this and I'm waiting for the Line tech to come.

At 4:11 PM, the Line tech, Mike calls. We talked for a few minutes and I surprised him with my knowledge of the setup, as regular customers don't know these things. I'm not your regular customer as I make it my business to know everything I can about a given tech as it helps with troubleshooting.

About 4:30, he comes, tells me that he's got good signal down the road, so it must be the box closer to my house. 100 feet away line wise is the box that my wires connect to. He goes and opens that up and low and behold. There is a pair of cut wires that lead back to my home and the reason why I've not got service. They weren't labeled as active either. So he hooks they back up and hopefully labeled them as he said he would do and he runs his tests while I go back inside and check things on my end.

By the time I get back in, my TV is already playing live, DVR hasn't come up yet. But after a few minutes, everything is working. By 5:00, it's like nothing happened and I'm catching up on my missed TV eps.

I also got a credit on my account for the days that I wasn't able to use my service. I need a real case of bad weather to really put the repair work through it's paces, but I'm happy and hope that I don't have any more problems for a good while.

Update: 1/13/14

Well, on 12/10/13, it's been my 3 year anniversary with U-Verse TV. It's been quite a ride so far. 2 box swaps and an RG later, here I still am. Though, maybe not for much longer. There is a price increase coming at the end of the month. I'll be looking for a Promo. If I don't get one, I'll be shopping around to carry out my threat of leaving. I have no interest in U-Verse phone or their slower internet. Cable has been making good strides in catching up to the TV service that snagged me. So we'll see.

We'll see where it goes from here. And I'll update with whatever I find out.

Update: 3/25/15

On 3/6/15, after a few months debate, I dropped AT&T U-Verse TV, which was the only service I had from them. They offered me a package deal to stay. Even tried to hook me with internet (Yeah, right, when Comcast has them beat and has to do very little to continue to do so) and cell phone service. (I was tempted since I could've gotten an iPhone 5 for a penny, but I was tired and wanted to make sure of all the hidden fees and things before I committed.) U-Verse TV service, especially all the SD stuff my package had just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Recently, I paid for a month's service and never even used the DVR. That woke me up. I also took stock of everything I had DVR'd, only to find I could get it on Netflix, Amazon Prime instant video, or Hulu for a lot less then the 89.30 I was paying a month. After almost 5 years, the 4 tuner DVR and 500GB hard drive was showing it's age. The picture quality, even as HD, left things to be desired over services like Netflix, etc. So, I called up on the 6th and after about a 40 minute wait on hold, got a nice CSR named David, who took care of me. He also said I was owed a refund for the rest of the unused month, which equated to 45-50 bucks. The only thing that sucked was that they have 45 days to pay it out. All in all, a satisfying end to almost 5 years of service.

Though, about a day after the disconnect, I started getting bothersome "We want you back" and survey calls. If I was happy with the service, I'd not have disconnected it in the first place. Though, David definitely deserved his kudos.

On 3/17/15, I took the boxes in and mailed them off at the UPS store, and despite appearances, it was confirmed by another CSR I talked to today, Brandon, that they got the boxes on the 20th and I owed nothing now.

member for 10.6 years, 6268 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated a few hours ago

Comments:

nacho

@172.56.6.x

att uverse customer service SUCKS

We called these people to get service from them. We after they gave a time and date I had to ask for half a day off work. We these people decided to call me after I got home at about seven pm the day before to tell me they couldn't come afterall and sorry for the inconvenience. So here I am with 1/2 day off work wasted . These company sucks and by the way I tried calling them and guess what I was connected to someone in India. This is crap. ATTSucks

Review by SlowFreddy See Profile

• Location: Bennettsville,Marlboro,SC
Good "Everything"
Overall "The best internection conection I've ever had."

·magicjack.com
Using Uverse for some years (this is internet only) .. Max Plus.. up to 18 Mgs.. average around 16.75 down/.92 up.. Very good streaming of movies and internet surfing. Very rare connection is lost, once in awhile, due to bad weather. Had some ice and the line was pulled down from the house, because of an iced up tree limb. The connection still worked, with the line on the ground. Called AT&T, they had it fixed the next day. AT&T's technicians and online representatives are courteous and knowledgeable. Using the Motorola, NGV510 modem, it was replaced once because of lightning, at no charge. The house ground was insufficient and AT&T fix it, without any charges. Was an easy install, I did it myself, with the supplied instructions. Had cable internet before, not anymore. A better value with AT&T, and more speed. If this review sounds like I love AT&T internet, well, it's true, and I didn't even get paid for commenting. Thanks, and have a great day.

Comments:

whatthe

@networkdesigninc.com

whoa

whats Mg? Mega-Gig?

Review by Phil75070 See Profile

• Location: Mckinney,Collin,TX
Good "Excellent Picture Quality; DVR and TV Features"
Bad "Everything, including TV, uses up bandwidth"
Overall "With discounts, good value compared to cable option locally"

·VoicePulse
I ordered the Triple Play U450 package with 18/2 Internet (fastest available) and unlimited minutes voice on 2/27 and scheduled installation for 3/6 (could have scheduled one day earlier but it didn't fit with MY schedule). Installation went smooth other than the fact that porting of my home phone number did not take place on the day of installation as I was told. Several reschedules and many, many phone calls finally got it ported over on 3/17. All installation charges were credited or waived and the net cost less taxes and surcharges ended up being $192/month (I have 4 additional STB's, 2 wireless, 2 wired, in addition to the WH DVR.

The Gateway (RG) is the 2wire 3801 and the DVR and wired STB's are Motorola and the two wireless are Cisco devices. With a lot of research I managed to figure out how to properly connect my router behind the RG and changed a few settings on the 2Wire and my home network with all connected devices, wired and wireless, works flawlessly.

Other than the fact that I didn't know, nor was it mentioned, how much TV would use up bandwidth, especially HD, I am pretty pleased with the picture quality, even the non-HD, and the features, etc. As far as internet activity, even when all the TV streams are being used (3HD/1SD) typical browsing seems fast enough, though I haven't tried streaming to my PC under those circumstances. Also, there are some nice Apps that can be used with U-verse, especially the Voicemail viewer.

The main reason for switching is because TWC is going all digital, requiring a digital adapter or STB be used even on any device that was directly connected to cable coming out of the wall, even TV's that have QAM tuners. If I have to use STBs with all of my devices then I figured I would get a quote from AT&T for U-verse. Even with U-verse phone service, which was not in my cable package before, for the next 24 months I save about $15/month, plus another $22 I no longer pay to a 3rd party VoIP provider, plus another $20 as the U-verse WH DVR replaces 2 older Series 2 TiVo's. Looking at promos for "new" customers offered by TWC they are still way more expensive.

As for my ratings, for pre-sales information I am not sure I was given accurate info regarding a Rewards Card I qualified for. I am not sure I got what I should have qualified for being an existing AT&T wireless customer making the switch. Thus the low rating. Install coordination and tech support I rated both mid range due to the porting issue I mentioned above. For connection reliability I have not had to reboot anything like so many seem to have to do with U-verse, at least not yet, and the pricing is much better than what my only other option, TWC, offers.

So far I am pretty pleased with my decision to switch.

member for 9.6 years, 1237 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by premiumdsl4v See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "Great Customer tech support"
Bad "none for now"
Overall "This is our first day using and so far so good."

We bundled tv, internet and phone. The install went well, the usual suspect - verify registration page glitch is a given, and was promptly fixed. Belkin backup battery + ATT Belkin Braoadband router the equipment received. Directv will come out another time to connect/install? tv's with the AT&T U-Verse???

Comments:
muegen

join:2015-02-08

dtv

If you bundled and they set you up with DTV rather than Uverse iptv, then a dtv installer will be out to install your video service. The billing is merely bundled with Uverse services. A time should be set up for your dtv install.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma

Uverse and Directv are two seperate bills even though bundled!!!

also, be aware that if you bundled DIRECTV (as the tv portion) with a UVERSE bundle, cancelling UVERSE doesn't cancel directv service...

Just because its bundled, you will get a bill from AT&T UVERSE, and you will get a bill from DIRECTV!

My brother cancelled Uverse, and AT&T told him he was all zeroed out balance wise, yet directv kept billing him months later.

its TWO separate accounts!!!

Review by golfnow See Profile

• Location: Knoxville,Knox,TN
Good "Everything woks great"
Bad "n/a"
Overall "Excellent service."

Have U-verse internet !8mbps, Television, home phone and cell phone. Each service is very good. Every hooked up with no problems.

Still well satisfied with service. Internet now ay !8. No slowdowns. Price still the same.

Service has been great Up all the time.

Service still excellent. No downtime very dependable.

member for 2.6 years, 348 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Shocked

So Shocked

$235 a month for 8MBPS!?!?!?! Where do you live?!?!?

Paying $120 for 42MBPS, TV, and Phone service, and I thought I was overpaying!

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA

Re: So Shocked

if you read he has all 3 services plus cell phones (no telling how many he has, I would guess 2).

Catguy

AT&T

Be extremely careful signing up for AT&T U Verse Internet service by phone. I was assured over and over the $49 activation fee would be waived and there was no other start-up fees. I got my first bill, which I had been assured would be $19.95 plus a prorated amount of about $7, and there was the $49 activation fee plus another $108 in start-up fees. AT&T phone sales people will tell you anything to get you to sign on. They are trained liars.

not worth it

@172.56.31.x

don't get attuverse

Service is alright not gonna lie, but they put extra charges on my bill every month. So every month we have to be calling for them to fix it they said that we owe a modem. We send it in and apparently they never got it so there still charging us $100. Not really worth getting if you have to be calling every month

Review by CmmTch See Profile

• Location: High Ridge,Jefferson,MO
Good "Ordered on 7-16-12 with DD of 7-20. On 7-20 am it's in and works great."
Bad "Nothing bad"
Overall "Upgraded from Uverse VDSL Pro 3M to 18M. Very happy with the service"

I ordered Uverse HSI 3M Pro self install ($30 per mo, no term, employee) on Monday 7-16-12, internet only, not phone or TV. Was given due date of Fri 7-20-12, received the equipment on 7-18-12, a 2wire 3600HGV 4 port modem/router. The tech showed up at 10am, appointment time was 11a to 1p. He wired at the NID, had to go back to the SAI to fix cross connect from the PG to the VRAD for dial tone both services where up at 10:45am.

I asked him about the "do not connect your modem until 8:00pm on due date" verbiage in the Uverse documentation, he said your connection is up right now and you can set up the modem and register. I did that and used my existing ID to register and all is working great.

Also the tech put a VDSL2/POTS splitter on at the NID for me, I already had a CAT5 homerun for the computer.

8-24-2014 Have upgraded to 18M down (speedtest shows 21.9M down, 1.9M up »www.speedtest.net/index.php) very happy with the service. Also using the wireless from the 3600HGV for a laptop upstairs which is working great too.

No change, same product, happy with the service. »www.speedtest.net/my-result/4197 ··· 97223482

member for 12.6 years, 2003 visits, last login: 9 days ago

Comments:

Review by quicksilver See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Montgomery,OH
Good "Good speed for dsl"
Bad "At first dropped ,But is doing fine for now"
Overall "not bad for the money"

Got the special uverse
nice no cables wireless

Comments:

Review by BellaStorm See Profile

• Location: Milwaukee,Milwaukee,WI
Good "Fast Activation"
Bad "WIFI on NVG510"

·DSL EXTREME
Ordered service, and 3 days later it was working. Modem shipped the day after I ordered service, and arrived on the day service was activated.

They sent a NVG510, in which the WIFI that was built in didn't work good (3Mbps on my 12Mbps connection). However it was easy enough to set-up and use my own WIFI router.

So far, our new service worked ok.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: Cancelled service.

member for 353 days, 271 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by trix See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Franklin,OH
Good "The connection has been stable, web browsing 'feels' fast, attain advertised speeds at all times of the day and night."
Bad "AT&T supplied hardware is subpar. Limiting NAT connections to a session limit of 2560. Value is lost without intro price. Caps."
Overall "Good reliable, expensive service. Be aware you agree to a 250GB cap, and the modem is subpar. Speeds are as advertised."

As of 9/9/2013, I have been using AT&Ts 46/6 product. The gateway included is a Motorola NVG589, which is huge step up from the PACE 3801. The NAT session limit when I got this service was 8000, that his since been lowered to 2560. Working from home, with the only active devices on the network being my home theater receiver, home security cameras, a Windows Home Server and a work laptop, I am using 880 sessions. This can be a limitation, a limit I have gotten close to with LAN parties.

The upload stream struggles to make it to the advertised 6Mbps, the download exceeds at about 50Mbps. Line reliability has been ok, with the service dropping out once. Technical support was awful in this instance, and told me that "Firefox and IE are not compatible with U-Verse internets" and that I should use Chrome. Disappointing, yet somehow not surprising. Luckily the line came up a few hours later by itself.

IPV6 implementation by AT&T is a struggle. The 6RD tunnel mechanism they use is incompatible with some services, like Google. A native implementation would avoid some of these issues. This is not entirely AT&Ts fault, but provides an awful experience for a naive consumer (»www.reddit.com/r/ipv6/comments/2 ··· _google/).

Overall the 46/6 service is fine. It is only worth it at a promotional price. The competitors in the area are pushing their speeds well beyond what AT&T and offer, I have a feeling their price / performance ratio will be more favorable soon.

Below is service at another location.

I purchased U-Verse 24/3 service in June 2012. I received an introductory rate of 43 bucks. This was a fair price for the speeds. 24/3 is not slow, but it isn't as fast as some of my areas competitors (TWC, WOW). The initial install was easy, worked decently well for the first day.

I was given the PACE 3800 gateway. The day after install, the connection dropped. It eventually resumed with no issue. I contacted AT&T VIP support, a tech was sent out. He analyzed the line, fiddled with some wires outside of my apartment complex, replaced my RJ11 phone cable, and swapped my gateway / modem with the 3801. Since then, no issues.

The gateway itself is pretty standard. 802.11G. I used DMZPlus mode with a 802.11n AP. My biggest complain with this device is the NAT table limit. I usually do not run into an issue, but with a LAN party, all of our connections dropped consistently. I noticed in the NAT diagnostics on the gateway that 0/1024 sessions were available. Writing this review, I have 876 available, that is more than reasonable.

current secs since boot: 2079075

session table 876/1024 available, 10/512 used in inbound sessions:

sess[461560]: bkt 0, flags: 0x3b6001e0, proto: 47, cnt: 39119

I had successfully hosted LAN parties with a traditional cable modem/separate router setup.

I continue to worry about the 250GB cap that I 'agreed' to upon signing up for this service. I am sure I do not hit this cap every month. I do frequent MSDN (I do some development), Steam, Origin, Netflix, Amazon Instant video, upload high resolution pictures to Flickr, and most importantly, I subscribe to Crashplan cloud backup. I am 100% certain the past few months, I have exceeded the 250GB cap. This is not enforced as of 9/9/2013. If this becomes enforced, I have non capped ISP options, which I will move to immediately.

Comments:

gwarg

@paetec.net

Please do!

Please post about your 45/6 install, I want to get it, but I am wary about a 99 dollar install fee. I'm not sure exactly what will be swapped out.

trparky
Android... get back here
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

Re: Please do!

The gateway is swapped out for a new Motorola NVG589 gateway, a second line is ran from the poll or pedestal, and a pair-bonded setup is created.
Tom