dslreports logo
site
spacer

spacer
 
    ISP Rolodex Intro Local ISPs Members U-Verse FiOS FiOS Soon
spc

spacer




how-to block ads



Telebec page on DSLReports
Six Month Rating Unavailable
More reviews are required before ratings can be averaged

Reviews:
bullet 3 reviews (0 good) (3 bad)
bullet Submit a review by email click here
bullet login for new review notification feature

Review by edugas See Profile

  • Location: Mont-Laurier,QC
  • Cost: $54 per month (12 month contract)
Good "Vitesse faible, service a la clientele OK"
Bad "Pas de flexibilité"
Overall "Seul service disponible dans la localité"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection Reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:

My Other Reviews

·ELECTRONICBOX
Ligne DSL 5Mbits commercial avec IP statique

Positif
- Service a la clientèle OK
- Soutien technique vraiment "technique"

Negatif
- Vitesse obtenue: 1Mbps (~4.5km du CO)
- Adresse IP statique 10$/mois
- Pas moyen d'avoir un PTR record sauf celui de Telebec (même sur un compte commercial)

Update 2008

Service toujours stable. Je ne travaille plus pour la compagnie qui est client chez Telebec.

member for 10.7 years, 307 visits, last login: 6 days ago
updated 20 days ago

Comments:

Review by FrostSoul See Profile

  • Location: undisclosed location
  • Cost: $50 per month (12 month contract)
Bad "Cout Élévé, Stabilité NULLE , service a la clientele inutile"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection Reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:

le support internet de cablevision du nord a été transféré chez télébec et j'ai des problemes d'internet et de télévision. Cela va bientot faire autour de 2 ans que mon internet "plante" au moins 2 fois par jour et la réponse que j'ai au service a la clientele est que si je cherche de la stabilité je me dois de prendre un forfait plus cher chez télébec mais que sinon la stabilité n'est pas garantie. En plus de cela ils n'arrête pas de me dire que c'est mon modem qui est en tort alors que si j'essai un modem neuf que eux me prete le probleme demeure... j'ai meme essayer sans mon routeur rien a y faire. Sérieusement j'espere qu'une autre compagnie example videotron arriva très bientot dans la région pour leur faire compétition car nous payons absolument pour rien.

member for 7.1 years, 1 visits, last login: 6.8 years ago
lodged 7.1 years ago

Comments:

Review by warthunder2k See Profile

  • Location: Rouyn-Noranda,QC
  • Cost: $40 per month (12 month contract)
  • Install: about 2 days
Good "Fast customer service, never had to wait more than 5 min to speak to someone"
Bad "Very very very slow, expensive, years of bad service, worthy of third world country"
Overall "I don't like them andif I had to choose I would take anyone else rather then them."
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection Reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:

The good: technical support and customer service is fast, I usually have to wait less than 1 min before I speak to someone.

The bad: Everything else, you name it. Speed? it's 1 mbits, it has been that way for more then 10 years. For 2 LONG LONG years I have no been able to play games online because my ping was constantly over 400. The techs I spoke to, probably tired of hearing from me, told be sometimes it was because of the ''alignement of the planets'' , because a ''neighbour must be doing electrical work'' , etc. Years after the fact I learned from someone who works there it's because there was not enough capacity (lines where overused). Of course no one ever told me that was the problem, it was always a ''problem at my end''. My ''third world country internet'' as I call it. Oh, there is of course no way of having a speed faster than 1 mbit.

install was fast and conveniant, the cost was 60$ but I got it for free with a promo they were doing. I took a 1 year contract, seeing as they are the only provider it seemed to me like a good idea to save 5$ a month. So the price is 45$/ month if you dont take a contract. My modem is bought by myself, else it's 5 extra dollars a month.

They finally upgraded the lines 6 months ago, so I can again play games over the internet, but i'm still bitter.

member for 12.6 years, 1500 visits, last login: 149 days ago
lodged 7.5 years ago

Comments: