Verizon Wireless Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by zimm2000 See Profile

• Location: Carrington,Foster,ND
Good "4 - 5 bar signal in carrington"
Bad "Very expensive $10 per 1GB for overuse. Has some gaps in certain areas in North Dakota."
Overall "Use Daktel or Midcontinent in Carrington"

Tablet and 2 iphones are capped 2GB.

Comments:

Review by marksquared See Profile

• Location: North Las Vegas,Clark,NV
Overall "Don't buy the Verizon Jetpack"

Ordered the Jetpack mobile wifi with 4g monthly cap for $50/mo before tax. We wanted the Jetpack because we saw others using similar products in their RVs and we were told (by the sales staff at the the Verizon brick and mortar store) that we could use it at home or travelling and the 4g cap shouldn't be a problem as long as we weren't downloading videos, etc. We only use it, or have tried to use it, for email, social media and the occasional shopping. IT WON'T STAY CONNECTED. Sometimes it will remain online for up to an hour; most typically it will fail after a minute or so. We began complaining 30 days after we received the first product. In the 6 months we have been trapped into this contract we have received 3 replacement devices and a new sim card. We have logged many, many hours with their tech 'support' folks. They refuse to let us out of the contract without penalty because we live in an urban area with, supposedly, good reception and didn't complain within the first 14 days. They acknowledge that it is a nuisance to be constantly disconnected but as long as we are able to coax, cajole and beg the device to deliver our meager monthly allowance we are stuck with it. They are now sending us our 4th replacement device. Not only should you avoid the Jetpack - AVOID VERIZON!

Comments:
bbtech6650
join:2004-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA

Which Model?

Which model did you receive? I had constant connectivity problems with my 4620le sold through Mellenicom. I picked up a different model direct post-paid through Verizon and haven't had an issue with it.

Review by grandmawolf See Profile

• Location: Alden,Antrim,MI
Good "pretty router"
Bad "slow spotty service"

slow and unreliable...can only stream hulu during periods of cloudy skies....going back to charter as soon as we figure out how to ditch our contract

Comments:

Review by oldfart74 See Profile

• Location: Gwinn,Marquette,MI
Overall "Decieving and baiting"

Home Fusion 4G They did not tell us that because of the faster speed that your usage will increase substantially because the quality of the down loads increases and data usage is not proportional to what you get at slower connections like 3G. As far as I am concerned it is a big rip off compared to what the price of hard line connections are. The speed was fine but who needs 600 mph to go a mile when 70 gets you there just fine. Same picture looks the same.

Comments:
tdumaine
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

Lulz

So since you can download faster you have decided to download more, and thats deceptive? Self control is the key here

Review by Ricahard61 See Profile

• Location: Plattsmouth,Cass,NE
Bad "paying for 12 might be getting 4"
Overall "Not worth tring to get on line"

No other internet provider en close to us. Have to reset modem all the time.

Comments:

Review by rblenkhorn See Profile

• Location: Bangor,Penobscot,ME
Good "15-20 MB download 5-8 MB upload"
Bad "6 GIG LIMIT"
Overall "works very good for what it is, would be super great if higher cap"

Verizon. Its reliable. It works. that is about it. It is expensive, that is a fact. I have never dealt with customer service I pay the bill when it comes. I use the service. that is all

Comments:

Review by WI Fire See Profile

• Location: Hudson,Saint Croix,WI
Good "Fast!"
Bad "Need to keep within 20Gb/mo. limit - no online movies for me!"
Overall "Good value when no DSL or cable is available."

I ordered the Verizon Home Fusion package with 20GB/month. This offering is new enough that there was unfamiliarity with the ordering process within Verizon, and I ended up with a new account, which was corrected with a phone call after I received my first bill. The install was done by a contracted DirecTV installer. they have orders to NOT mount the device on any existing tripods, etc. (but what I do after he leaves is my choice). I'm getting speeds of 22Gb down, 8+ up. There is still an issue where the Verizon router will fail the connection once every ~4 days, requiring a power-cycle of the router (but not the cantenna).

WARNING: Do not add this service to your "share-everything" cellphone data plan. The cost of data on that plan is much higher than keeping this device on a separate plan.

Note to networking geeks: For this system, NAT is provided by the cantenna, not the in-home router. The cantenna will be just another device on the 192.168.1.x network.

Comments:

Tracer

@myvzw.com

Verizon Wireless Speed

Verizon Wireless Speed after has been "optimized": 0,02 Mbps!
Enjoy!

Review by SanAntonioTx See Profile

• Location: San Antonio,Bexar,TX
Good "Extreme 4G LTE speeds"
Bad "The price the data caps"
Overall "Great for wireless data"

The 4g LTE is outstanding sometimes near the tower i get over 60mbps down and 25mbps up *in most 4g lte areas* but for the most part its around 15/20mbps down and 5/15mbps up Great for everything Its very expensive service and the *SHARE EVERYTHING PLANS* are bad how ever ive been able to stream HD videos *netflix and youtube in the past at 1080p while being in the middle of no where in a country field here in South Texas while at the same time allowing 5 other people to be on my phone and streaming and uploading and downloading in the vehicle Set up an HDTV and watched a netflix video in the middle of a country field so yes verizon has great service in remote areas the 3G is also really good up to 2.6mbps down and 1/1.5mbps up in some areas and ping is below 150ms! so thats not bad for basic gaming The price though is whats going to get you. its expensive for my data plan is 22GB with hot spot 69.99 for unlimited talk and text and 10 for 1,000 Text messages but.since i fix extra computers i can afford that but for most people they say they use less then 2 Gigs of data that's a lie.. you pay for what you get but VZW still over charges in my opinion the plus side to all this is with less people on the tower you get more download speed and the upload speed far surpasses ATT 4G LTE upload speed on most speedtests

Verizon is great for wireless data. and the 700mhz spectrum

member for 6.2 years, 236 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by isp10002 See Profile

Good "Good if you have no wireline alternitives"
Bad "Crappy Caps, Slow Speeds, High cost"
Overall "I have nothing really good to say"

·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
NOTE: I dumped Verizon for frontier dsl, Also i do not have Verizon anymore and im writing this review right after i dumped them.

So i signed up for verizons 3g aircard 3+ years ago, It was good for us because back then we dident have dsl. The thing i stress the most about this service is its extremely expensive and has crappy caps. So around 2012 i noticed 3g got alot slower, and had high ping times. from 2010-2011 i noticed good speeds. We got 4g in 2012 (Thats probally why 3g was so slow) but we signed another 2 year contract for something on the account. Playing games was impossible and i was so fed up with verizon. So after we found out we can get dsl we dumped verizons sorry butt, Bye Verizon.

Comments:

Review by bradleym See Profile

• Location: Peoria,Peoria,IL
Good "Better than dialup or satellite."
Bad "Not as good as a fixed-line connection."
Overall "It's good enough if you're desperate."

I use a Jetpack/4G Mifi at home as my primary Internet access. I live in a rural area in Central IL and this is as good as it gets. I had a local fixed wireless connection a few years ago (went out of biz) but nobody else is playing in that market around here. I see reasonable performance at home but the caps make it prohibitively expensive for me to really use the connection for Netflix or that sort of thing. The latency is good enough to play some games on, but you wouldn't be able to play FPS or raid in WoW competitively.

I regularly travel with this device and have found that the quality of the connection varies greatly depending on your location. Many areas with a heavy concentration of business travelers have a nearly unusable connection from 7-10 PM local time. The same location will be 15Mbps the next morning at 6 AM.