Verizon Wireless Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by oldfart74 See Profile

• Location: Gwinn,Marquette,MI
Overall "Decieving and baiting"

Home Fusion 4G They did not tell us that because of the faster speed that your usage will increase substantially because the quality of the down loads increases and data usage is not proportional to what you get at slower connections like 3G. As far as I am concerned it is a big rip off compared to what the price of hard line connections are. The speed was fine but who needs 600 mph to go a mile when 70 gets you there just fine. Same picture looks the same.

Comments:
tdumaine
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

Lulz

So since you can download faster you have decided to download more, and thats deceptive? Self control is the key here

Review by Ricahard61 See Profile

• Location: Plattsmouth,Cass,NE
Bad "paying for 12 might be getting 4"
Overall "Not worth tring to get on line"

No other internet provider en close to us. Have to reset modem all the time.

Comments:

Review by rblenkhorn See Profile

• Location: Bangor,Penobscot,ME
Good "15-20 MB download 5-8 MB upload"
Bad "6 GIG LIMIT"
Overall "works very good for what it is, would be super great if higher cap"

Verizon. Its reliable. It works. that is about it. It is expensive, that is a fact. I have never dealt with customer service I pay the bill when it comes. I use the service. that is all

Comments:

Review by WI Fire See Profile

• Location: Hudson,Saint Croix,WI
Good "Fast!"
Bad "Need to keep within 20Gb/mo. limit - no online movies for me!"
Overall "Good value when no DSL or cable is available."

I ordered the Verizon Home Fusion package with 20GB/month. This offering is new enough that there was unfamiliarity with the ordering process within Verizon, and I ended up with a new account, which was corrected with a phone call after I received my first bill. The install was done by a contracted DirecTV installer. they have orders to NOT mount the device on any existing tripods, etc. (but what I do after he leaves is my choice). I'm getting speeds of 22Gb down, 8+ up. There is still an issue where the Verizon router will fail the connection once every ~4 days, requiring a power-cycle of the router (but not the cantenna).

WARNING: Do not add this service to your "share-everything" cellphone data plan. The cost of data on that plan is much higher than keeping this device on a separate plan.

Note to networking geeks: For this system, NAT is provided by the cantenna, not the in-home router. The cantenna will be just another device on the 192.168.1.x network.

Comments:

Tracer

@myvzw.com

Verizon Wireless Speed

Verizon Wireless Speed after has been "optimized": 0,02 Mbps!
Enjoy!

Review by SanAntonioTx See Profile

• Location: San Antonio,Bexar,TX
Good "Extreme 4G LTE speeds"
Bad "The price the data caps"
Overall "Great for wireless data"

The 4g LTE is outstanding sometimes near the tower i get over 60mbps down and 25mbps up *in most 4g lte areas* but for the most part its around 15/20mbps down and 5/15mbps up Great for everything Its very expensive service and the *SHARE EVERYTHING PLANS* are bad how ever ive been able to stream HD videos *netflix and youtube in the past at 1080p while being in the middle of no where in a country field here in South Texas while at the same time allowing 5 other people to be on my phone and streaming and uploading and downloading in the vehicle Set up an HDTV and watched a netflix video in the middle of a country field so yes verizon has great service in remote areas the 3G is also really good up to 2.6mbps down and 1/1.5mbps up in some areas and ping is below 150ms! so thats not bad for basic gaming The price though is whats going to get you. its expensive for my data plan is 22GB with hot spot 69.99 for unlimited talk and text and 10 for 1,000 Text messages but.since i fix extra computers i can afford that but for most people they say they use less then 2 Gigs of data that's a lie.. you pay for what you get but VZW still over charges in my opinion the plus side to all this is with less people on the tower you get more download speed and the upload speed far surpasses ATT 4G LTE upload speed on most speedtests

Verizon is great for wireless data. and the 700mhz spectrum

Comments:

Review by isp10002 See Profile

Good "Good if you have no wireline alternitives"
Bad "Crappy Caps, Slow Speeds, High cost"
Overall "I have nothing really good to say"

·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
NOTE: I dumped Verizon for frontier dsl, Also i do not have Verizon anymore and im writing this review right after i dumped them.

So i signed up for verizons 3g aircard 3+ years ago, It was good for us because back then we dident have dsl. The thing i stress the most about this service is its extremely expensive and has crappy caps. So around 2012 i noticed 3g got alot slower, and had high ping times. from 2010-2011 i noticed good speeds. We got 4g in 2012 (Thats probally why 3g was so slow) but we signed another 2 year contract for something on the account. Playing games was impossible and i was so fed up with verizon. So after we found out we can get dsl we dumped verizons sorry butt, Bye Verizon.

Comments:

Review by bradleym See Profile

• Location: Peoria,Peoria,IL
Good "Better than dialup or satellite."
Bad "Not as good as a fixed-line connection."
Overall "It's good enough if you're desperate."

I use a Jetpack/4G Mifi at home as my primary Internet access. I live in a rural area in Central IL and this is as good as it gets. I had a local fixed wireless connection a few years ago (went out of biz) but nobody else is playing in that market around here. I see reasonable performance at home but the caps make it prohibitively expensive for me to really use the connection for Netflix or that sort of thing. The latency is good enough to play some games on, but you wouldn't be able to play FPS or raid in WoW competitively.

I regularly travel with this device and have found that the quality of the connection varies greatly depending on your location. Many areas with a heavy concentration of business travelers have a nearly unusable connection from 7-10 PM local time. The same location will be 15Mbps the next morning at 6 AM.

Comments:

Review by shakawkaw See Profile

• Location: Monroe,Snohomish,WA
Good "Speed"
Bad "Data caps, excessive overage charges"
Overall "Avoid as a main internet connection"

I used to be a Verizon employee installing FiOS, which I still think is the best thing out there for internet by a mile. Recently I moved to an area where the only options are satellite (no thanks), dial-up (hell no!), or a 4g solution like HomeFusion. I decided to give the HF a try. I am more than happy with the speeds. Often I will test around 27 Mb download over 17 Mb upload. This is awesome. What is not so awesome is a defect in the firmware of the "cantenna" that causes my connection to go down multiple times a day, sometimes for as long as 20 minutes.

Even with that known issue, by far, the worst part is that the highest possible monthly allowance is 30GB. As a main internet connection for two people, this just does NOT cut it. Even with scaling back on streaming there is no way we can stay below this limit, and at $10/GB, once you exceed it, the cost can be atrocious. To make matters worse, because of the great speed, you can literally eat through hundreds of dollars' worth of bandwidth in the span of an hour as I unfortunately just did when I made the mistake of installing a game on Steam that I thought was 1.5GB but was actually 15GB. Next time I opened my email I saw the 15 warnings there waiting for me at $10 a pop. Needless to say, I was NOT happy.

When I called VZ customer service they said there was nothing they were willing/able to do, and that I essentially just need to stay under 30GB to avoid paying any overage.

Bottom line - Avoid HomeFusion as your main source of internet connectivity unless you are seriously ok with using it to do nothing other than web browsing and email! Netflix, Steam, Vudu, Hulu, PlayStation Network or X-Box Live purchases......all of these things will become impossible to do affordably, and if anyone happens to decide to watch an HD movie be ready to shell out up to $50 with no chance of a mulligan.

Comments:

whocares256
Tag?, What Tag? TAG You're it.

join:2002-03-10
Anna, TX

Verizon wireless

Are you on a grandfathered Verizon wireless cellphone plan with data? Can you get unlimited data on your cellphone?
corvette1963

join:2013-04-30
Everett, WA

Re: Verizon wireless

I Think so

Review by pioneer56 See Profile

• Location: Michigan
Good "Wow! Is LTE ever fast!!!"
Bad "If you aren't on an unlimited account you will go broke with overages"
Overall "Great for the unlimited people, costly if you want to enjoy the speeds on a Share Everything plan"

So I finally have 4G in the area and can use my plan the way it was suppose to be! The speeds and latency are incredible! 30+Mbps down and 5-12 Mbps up are insane! Service is still a little bit flaky as it is so new, but the advancement from the TERRIBLE 3G we have around here more than makes up for it. 4/5 Stars overall.

Comments:

Review by Jeremy1976 See Profile

• Location: Belfast,Waldo,ME
Good "good bandwidth"
Bad "go through data cap fast, not very good latency"
Overall "good if its the only option you have"

I have verizon 4g hotspot enabled on my phone as a backup for when i travel or if i lose my dsl. The bandwidth is pretty good i get 30/15 mbps at my house. I have 10 GB's it eats through it pretty fast depending on what your doing. Browsing internet youd be fine but watching videos ordownloading a game or update for ps3 will really use it up fast. Its pretty expensive. My average ping times were around 90-100 ms. I guess if you cant get dsl or cable it would be good but just watch your data so you dont go over.

Comments:

admin123

@myvzw.com

wow your pings

My pings are 45/ 55 and gaming is smooth as butter.