NCF page on DSLReports

Review by Drift_91 See Profile

• Location: Perth,ON
Good "Price, Bandwidth Allowance"
Overall "Lowest price for the best service!"

I mainly chose them because they were a non-profit organization. And I definitely don't regret it one bit. They provide a 6Mbps connection with a 300GB usage cap for only $30. My ping/latency to servers in Montreal is 15ms. New York City is about 25ms. Only trouble I've had with them is minor downtime and at one point Bell screwed up my DSL line. However they fixed it quite quickly. The only trouble I've had with the tech support is one volunteer refusing to re-adjust my speed profile to the DSLAM when it was necessary. The next volunteer I dealt with fixed it perfectly however. Overall their tech support system is amazing. They have a message board where members can ask other members for help with their DSL and e-mail service. The volunteers on the message board are very professional and very helpful.

Overall their service is absolutely amazing for such a low price. Probably the lowest price you can get for Internet except for dial-up. The only reason I'd leave this ISP is for faster speeds from DSL bonding. 6Mbps is the fastest speed you can get for DSL in many areas and the only way to get any faster is to bond multiple dry-DSL lines together with MLPPP. They do plan to support faster speeds in the near future if Bell will cooperate. I anxiously await the ability to get faster Internet where I live.

• Location: K1N8Y

I had been singed up with NCF for more than 6 weeks. During this time no one has come to make the connection. This may be a problem with Bell Nexxia but everytime I ask NCF to contact Bell Nexxia to make the physical connection the installation guy does not show up or call to say he wont be able to show up. Now I received a call from NCF saying that there is no DSL connection in my neighbourhood. This is bs if you ask me since I live in an established neighbourhood with uptodate telephone lines in downtown Ottawa. This is the second (and final) residence I have tryed to install NCF DSL. I just hope they will refund the $195 they have charged me thus far (modem + service fee + 2 months svc).

(review was emailed from domain forces.gc.ca)

Comments:

Review by folotp See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Not for profit, extremely high service quality"
Overall "Highly recommended"

This is the best ISP I have used so far. It is a not for profit organization providing impeccable DSL service in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.

Comments:

Review by llorban See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Non-profit group from Carleton University, reselling Bell Nexxia lines"
Bad "If there was a problem, volunteer based support may be slow- in 2 yrs I had no reason to contact them"
Overall "A great group offering a wonderful service"

$29 gives you 5Mb/s down, 800 Kb/s up, and 200GB monthly transfer. I know of no other company that gives you this deal.

Comments:

Review by computer71 See Profile

• Location: Kirkfield,ON
Good "Chepest Internet I have ever had"
Bad "E-mailed them for tech support and never recived reply (I mesed up not them)"
Overall "Would go with them every time"

I ordered there dsl (they only offer one speed 5mb up 800kb down) with a static ip ($5) for 35.99 after tax. I used my one modem so all I had to wate for was bell to activate the line (3 business days). This is on a per month bases as thay don't offer contracts.