Teleblend page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by Underwriter See Profile

• Location: Nashville,Davidson,TN
Bad "Unacceptable customer service."
Overall "It was a good company in 2005, but NOT now!"

I had been a customer since 2005 until very recently. I had the black box since that time. It stopped working so I call tech support. They insisted it was my phones, not their box. My phones worked at the homes of my friends, but that was not good adequate for them. After weeks of poor service, we could not make or receive any calls. We asked that they send us a new box, but they hung up on my wife. We terminated the account.

I got my new box from the new service and guess what! My phones work. Yes, the same phones they insisted were defective. Do NOT look here for customer service. They must have the old Sunrocket employees and managers!

Comments:

Review by btheb See Profile

• Location: Danville,Contra Costa,CA
Good "I'm done with these crooks"
Bad "Once they have your credit card they won't stop charging"
Overall "Run from them no matter how good it sounds"

Joined their domestic plus service 15.95 + taxes etc. the plus part was supposed to be unlimited international calling.. I checked in advance with the sales rep to confirm the number I was going to call would work.Specifically. they said it would then when it didn't charged me extra for the calls and a cancellation fee of $40. Around a hundred bucks for six days of service.

Comments:

Review by dennisburow

• Location: Danville,Contra Costa,CA
Good "good tech support couldn't get incoming calls at first. tech fixed it fast"
Bad "the company is unscrupulous, Charged me for a plan that didn't work charged to cancel"
Overall "Do not do business with these people they refuse to fix their mistakes."

I am going to make this short. I signed up for their Domestic Plus program after talking for an hour to a sales rep and specifically confirming that the number I was going to be dialing would be covered under their program for unlimited calling. Well 3 days into it I check my call summary and I 'm being charged extra for dialing the number I confirmed would be covered. Asked for a refund. NO for the charges to be eliminated No and was charged an extra $40 for cancelling. I am disputing the calls on credit card. My experence with Teleblend was like stepping in a pile of dog doo.

(review was emailed from domain empirera.com)

Comments:

Review by baltar See Profile

• Location: West Palm Beach,Palm Beach,FL
Good "sometimes it connects"
Bad "Most of the time it does not connect. Their support is horrible."
Overall "Go with someone else."

I am currently on teleblend service. I have their package that allows dialing to india unlimited.

I switched from Vonage, and I remember it took over a month to get the number moved from Vonage to Teleblend - 40 days without phone at all in that time.

Once I was in, I find out that their service is horribly unreliable. Sometimes I would call and get through to numbers in India or Trinidad. Sometimes, I would call and get silence, or tones and no connection, and sometimes I would call and get someone talking to me but they cant hear me, or vice versa. Their support is very slow - I can submit a ticket online, but no one will follow up until at least a week has passed.

Online chat and phone is not 24 hours - its more like banking hours, so if you have teleblend problems, expect to take a day off work to get it resolved or wait about a week before someone calls to respond to the ticket.

One time - I had problems dialing out to any phone number - and this was around 6pm and teleblend phone support/chat was closed. I submitted a ticket. I never got a response or a call from them - but eventually I was able to get service after about 3-4 days passed.

This brings me to my other point - expect periodic outages lasting a day or more when it goes down. its best to just wait it out rather than contacting someone, you will never get a person unless you are on vacation that day or something.

Another nagging problem is whenever I dial someone internationally - I can literally count exactly 60 minutes and it disconnects - every time. You never get a call lasting longer than 60 minutes - not by even a second. I can just redial and get through but its irritating.

Whats worse is I pay about 30 bucks for dialing to India - Vonage has the same deal but for 15.. I cant switch since i am stuck in contract hell.

Comments:

Review by swinger123 See Profile

• Location: Omaha,Douglas,NE
Good "Inexpensive. Good quality sound. Free caller ID. Computer doesn't have to be on."
Bad "Just raised rates. Don't offer yearly plan for existing customers."
Overall "Good, cheap phone service."

Unfortunately, they just raised the rates and don't offer a yearly deal for existing customers.

Comments:

Review by R1019 See Profile

• Location: Buffalo Grove,Lake,IL
Good "Cheap service and has been stable lately."
Bad "Cheap Innomedia SIP device that overheats."
Overall "It's worth a try."

It would be nice if I could use another SIP device with it.

member for 11.4 years, 220 visits, last login: 3.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by testQ See Profile

• Location: Reston,Fairfax,VA
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Worst Service, Worst Tech and Customer Support"
Overall "Get away from these (Sunrocket and Teleblend robbers) as soon as you can"

They could not able to provide a service that you can use for local/international calls.

Someone can argue that the internation calls via voip may be unreliable. Trust me, you will be very disappointed when you make a call, the other party says can you call using you land line or some other phone service and tells you "Thank God" You sound much better, when you call them back using you cell phone.

Bottom line is your cell phone calls are way better than the "Teleblend Phone Calls". Do not let the techs fool you that, the service issues are due to internet connection. As I have 20/10 Mbps and other VOIP services works great with the same internet where as this POS does not.

Comments:

Review by shareef777 See Profile

• Location: Worth,Cook,IL
Good "Low cost."
Bad "Horrible customer service."
Overall "Not worth the headache."

I signed up with Teleblend in early January, and faxed in my agreement to port my number the day after. I emailed a week later asking for the status, and was told that no fax was received. I faxed the document again with the same result (nothing received). I asked if I could email the document, but was told that they couldn't receive attachments. An internet based company can't receive email attachments!? I asked for a refund, but none was given. Had to go thru my credit card company to get a refund.

Comments:

Review by howieh See Profile

• Location: Metuchen,Middlesex,NJ
Good "Cheap - about $16 per month, reliable, good voice quality"
Bad "None currently - I have not had any service problems in some time now"
Overall "I stayed with them after they took over Sunrocket and I am glad that I did."

TeleBlend took over Sunrocket accounts when the Sunrocket crashed and burned. My service was already active and that is why I have '0' days for setup. The service was some what shaky during July and August of 2007. I don't believe that I have experienced any outages during 2008. I have not had any problems or the need to contact customer service and therefore cannot speak of their performance.

It is now 2009 and I continue to be very pleased with the service. Due to a failing router in my home network, I had to reassemble my network and decided to try the AC211 immediately after my cable modem and before my new router. I was both pleased and surprised to see that I still get real close to the 15 / 2 speeds that my ISP provides.

member for 13.9 years, 8794 visits, last login: 136 days ago

Comments:

Review by tangojoker See Profile

• Location: Federal Way,King,WA
Good "Quick & easy cancellation"
Bad "intermitent call quality"
Overall "no issues"

i was one of the many who rolled over from sunrocket to Teleblend.
after being with them i decided to take up the T Mobile @ home service. i got a free router and was cheaper too.
called up Teleblend after the phone number was ported. The Lady CSR was polite and understanding. she asked me if i wanted to continue if a special was provided. i declined. i was asked if i was going to port my number. i said yes and it was done.

i confirmed if any fees were due and was told no.

i have read many bad about porting and cancellation. None so far. i was happy with this experience. will update if anything changes.

member for 10.5 years, 2230 visits, last login: 3.8 years ago