Teleblend page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by ryeny3 See Profile

• Location: Rye,Westchester,NY
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Bad "Everything"
Overall "Avoid"

My service never worked properly. Callers were disconnected after a few seconds. Requests for help received automated responses or a notice that my issue had been escalated.

I ported away, but TB took back my numbers. While I was waiting to permanently port away, incoming callers heard a disconnect message.

When I called tech support, the representatives were unable to evaluate problems. Instead, tech support entered tickets. I don't believe I received a response to any of these tickets. In contrast, the billing department was able to issue a refund and cancel my account.

Update: I spoke too soon. I had two accounts with TB. After I canceled, I was charged for another month of service on one account. Also, the refunds I received last month due to a lack of service were added to the invoices of each account. In addition, a "Loyalty Discount" of $6.48 was added to the bill on one account.

When I called billing, I was told that someone would call back in a couple of hours. Obviously, nobody called. I disputed the charge with AMEX.

Update 2: TB canceled my accounts and refunded my payments.

Comments:

Review by arubba See Profile

• Location: Marlton,Burlington,NJ
Good "None to speak of as my phones have not worked for 40 and 52 days!"
Bad "Poor Customer Service, No Esculation available, CSR's just answer phones and can not help."
Overall "Teleblend is not ready for the VOIP business"

I was a Sunrocket Customer who chose to go to Teleblend as the easiest way to continue VOIP phone service when Sunrocket decided to terminate service. Packet8 was also suggested by Sunrocket but new hardware was required. Later I learned that

Teleblend paid for this recommendation.

I created two accounts on 7/19/07 and my phones continued to work until 8/04/07 when Sunrocket pulled all their hardware. To date, twenty-four days (24 days) later, I have been without any incoming call capabilities and intermittent outgoing capabilities. Multiple service calls (trouble tickets) have been logged and to this date NOT ONE RETURN CALL FROM ANYONE AT TELEBLEND has been provided.

Their Customer Service Reps range from helpful to rude but the bottom line is that no one has any information to provide about any open ticket. The standard reply is that they will log another call, and/or mark it urgent and someone with call back. THAT CALL NEVER COMES!!!. No escalation process is available above logging a trouble ticket. Supervisors on duty are also taking and logging trouble tickets. Management above that level is not available.

Teleblend had no problem billing me for month two on each account 8/18/07 even though they had not provided promised services to that date. Again, calls were logged to request a refund, yet to date, no refund has been provided on either account. I am still waiting for someone to call me back about that as well.

Today have decided to try another VOIP company and attempted to reach two. I was one hold for 30+ minutes for one and hung up and was on hold again attempting to reach a second. Finally I decided to call Verizon to re-activate my COPPER phone lines. The Customer Service Rep, answered quickly, was helpful, re-opened my accounts, provided a cost competitive package and told me that the PORTIING of my number would occur in 9 days. Of course, they tried to pitch the Verizon FIOS but I

advised them for the moment, I just wanted working phones. I have already made tentative plans to make the Verizon FIOS move in December.....

Goodbye Teleblend VOIP, Hello Verizon........GLAD TO BE BACK!!

Today, Aug 31th is the 27th day with no change in service, NO RETURN CALLS FROM TELEBLEND and hopefully, only 6 days left before I reconnect with Verizon......

Today, Sept 1st is the 28th day with no change in service, YES, the beginning of week 5. To date NO RETURN CALLS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED FROM TELEBLEND and hopefully, only 5 days left before I reconnect with Verizon copper......

DAY 30 (SEPT 3rd) and NO CALLS FROM TELEBLEND.... I can't believe that any company would fail to contact a customer with outstanding issues if for no reason but to provide a progress report. There is NO PROGRESS here, TELEBLEND has failed to provide the promised services and their lack of response proves that they just don't care!

Only 3 days until Verizon picks my numbers back up and hopefully working phones again......

Today, Sept 5th, Verizon contacted me today to advise me that Teleblend has been NON-RESPONSIVE to their requests to PORT my phone numbers back to them. Not surprising for a company who has not contacted me in 33 days not to respond to this request as well. I have again contacted Teleblend and spoke to a Supervisor, Greg who assured me that he would follow-up. I believe this will again fall in to the same TELEBLEND BLACK HOLE but hope for the best. Verizon has moved the install date another week...... Sept 12th will be the 40th day in Teleblend hell....

HAPPY DAYS ARE HEAR AGAIN!! After 40 days and 52 days respectively, I am completely back on Verizon Copper with my two original phone numbers. I do have plans to move to Verizon FIOS in the near future. Expect for some Auto Billing and Refund issues still pending with Teleblend, I am out of there!!

If you are considering Teleblend, read, read, read before making a move to them. Although many customers state they have had acceptable service, many more have not and I am one of those. Good Luck To ALL!

Comments:

Review by PeterH123 See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "easy to spell name"
Bad "everything"
Overall "avoid these crooks"

When SunRocket went out, I wasn't sure who to go with and wanted to do some research first.

While researching, I found the admin password for my Linksys device. I was thrilled I could log in and change my setting. Unfortunately, I didn't change my password, because I didn't foresee TeleBlend purchasing SR's servers or info. Well, as most people know, TeleBlend changed the admin passwords for the devices. I see as them breaking into my house and changing the locks.

I called them, and they refuse to give it up, probably because they believe they'd lose custormers if people can reprogram their VOIP gizmos.

Well, my wife was jumping all over me for home service, and I felt that they had a good price for SR refugees, so even though I was pissed that they broke into my box and changed the password I signed up.

The service is CONSTANTLY dropping and their support is horrible.

I'm glad I went month to month.

AVOID TELEBLEND at all costs!!! I'm looking at ViaTalk or BroadVoice.

Comments:

Review by dmolavi See Profile

• Location: Sewell,Gloucester,NJ
Overall "None"

Deleted.

Comments:

Review by PeterH123 See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "easy to spell name"
Bad "everything"
Overall "avoid these crooks"

The service is CONSTANTLY dropping and their support is horrible.

I'm glad I went month to month.

AVOID TELEBLEND at all costs!!! I'm looking at ViaTalk or BroadVoice.

Comments:

Review by molla See Profile

• Location: 95
Good "They have the best traits of a girl friend."
Bad "For a Phone Company, going down is not a good thing and they go down more than I would like."
Overall "Unreliable for incoming and outgoing calls, Voicemail does not work, Support is poor and difficult to reach. Worst company ever"

I took their bait of signing on with their advertised promise of seamless transfer from Sunrocket as I needed to keep my current number. I wish I had known they were using the old Sunrocket equipment as it's been down more than up. I have had Teleblend for almost a month now and there is not a single day that the service was completely not working or the incoming and voicemails do not work.

I'd give them a 3 for Ease of Installation of the ATA, It was a BYOD from Sunrocket, haha

It's fine if you expect no one to call you and if you never need to make a call when you need to I suppose. Support is also poor if that was in question at this point.

Comments:

Review by sp8 See Profile

• Location: Carrollton,Dallas,TX
Good "Easy switchover from Sunrocket"
Bad "No incoming calls, no one answering support line"
Overall "Not worth my trouble, even thought its no contract,approx. 25.21 a month"

8/15/2007

Still no incoming or outgoing calls, no call forwarding either...no response from tech support. Only toll-free calls are working....:( this is really bad. Any suggestions?

8/9/2007

Ok....again no incoming calls again......but call forwarding is working...outgoing calls saying "sunrocket service has been disconnected..." after I've already paid the monthly fee for Teleblend....:(

Why is it so hard to run this business?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

I switched from SR to Teleblend, and now I've no incoming calls, only outgoing. Call forwarding is not working either. I now regret going with Teleblend.

Comments:

Review by russo_p6 See Profile

• Location: Milwaukee,Milwaukee,WI
Good "None"
Bad "NO customer service, non-responsive to ANY requests."
Overall "STAY AWAY even though price is cheap."

Claims to be a "quick" and easy transfer - far from it. I switched on July 28th and I still I no dial tone. I have opened 5 (yes five) different tickets for the same issue and I have not received one response. Most of the CSRs were polite despite the situation, but I did run across one that was very, very rude saying that had a lot going on processing lots of customers. I asked if I could escalate my ticket and they said they worked on them 1st come 1st served. My cc was initially charged the fees, but since I can't even get a response to my emails, my only hope is to dispute the charges each month. My advice - if you can get a good local plan (POTS), or cable - go with it until the dust settles.

Comments:

Review by mdaily1 See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Easy changeover"
Bad "Can't call out, no support from Teleblend, no features when you login, no call log, no call forwarding , no voicemail"
Overall "STAY AWAY FROM TELEBLEND"

I switched to Teleblend because I didn't know when Sunrocket was
stopping service and I didn't want to lose service. Biggest mistake I ever made. I can't
call out and Teleblend will not do anything about it.

When I called customer (dis)service, he more or less said
he won't/can't do anything about my problem. I have now opened 5
trouble tickets over the last 4 days and I have not gotten any response from Teleblend except
for the ticket number.

STAY AWAY FROM TELEBLEND!!!!!!!!!!! On a scale of 1 to 5 I give them a NEGATIVE 10.