Teleblend page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by tangojoker See Profile

• Location: Federal Way,King,WA
Good "Quick & easy cancellation"
Bad "intermitent call quality"
Overall "no issues"

i was one of the many who rolled over from sunrocket to Teleblend.
after being with them i decided to take up the T Mobile @ home service. i got a free router and was cheaper too.
called up Teleblend after the phone number was ported. The Lady CSR was polite and understanding. she asked me if i wanted to continue if a special was provided. i declined. i was asked if i was going to port my number. i said yes and it was done.

i confirmed if any fees were due and was told no.

i have read many bad about porting and cancellation. None so far. i was happy with this experience. will update if anything changes.

member for 10.9 years, 2230 visits, last login: 4.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by VictorWI See Profile

• Location: Greendale,Milwaukee,WI
Good "Inexpensive, finally taking new customers"
Bad "Nothing at the moment"
Overall "Give them a try."

As a Sunrocket customer left in the dust when they collapsed I took up Teleblend's offer to complete my Sunrocket term at a reduced rate. The e-mail sent to me by Sunrocket's liquidators said I could keep my equipment and everything would switch over automatically. In reality it did. I've never had to do more than unplug my Sunrocket emblazoned Gizmo a few times and my service has continued. They've had outages and continue to. I've been with them a month and I have been without service for two days and the service is out again as I type. Teleblend needs to get their act together and soon if they want to hold onto customers. When the service is up the quality is good - as good as Sunrocket ever was. You get what you pay for and my hope is that Teleblend rights there listing ship and irons out the inherent bugs in a new provider quickly and I can go back to not worrying day to day whether my phone is going to work.

UPDATE: It has been 3 weeks since I first posted my review. I still have an issue with one number I try to call and I don't always hear it ring even though it does on their end but I just recently submitted a trouble ticket for it so we will see if and how quickly I get a resolution to it. Other than that my service has been stable, reliable and of great quality. I am not a heavy phone user (a couple dozen calls a week tops) but I do use long distance and local calling - no international. In reading the forums I am not alone in my satisfaction but I appear to be in the minority. Then again, people who are satisfied with their service do not tend to post "good job" messages to the forum. Anyway, YMMV but if you want cheap VoIP give them a try.

UPDATE: October 6, 2007. My only ticket has been resolved and my services from Teleblend now compare with or are better than what I had with Sunrocket. I have updated my review as appropriate.

UPDATE: June 26, 2008. I've not had any issues with Teleblend in months. The phone is rock solid. Call quality is great. They've finally announced the acceptance of new customers so we will see how things go with that.

member for 11.5 years, 320 visits, last login: 3.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by texxsharkk See Profile

• Location: Lake Stevens,Snohomish,WA
Good "Great service since SR busted..."
Bad "Occasional disconnects...doesn't recover after power outage."
Overall "9 months later...still happy with the service for the $$ paid."

I've had much less grief with TB than I had with SR. My service has only gone out a few times and was recovered every time with a reboot. Haven't experienced any outages as with SR.
For $15/month, I feel this is the best service for me at the moment.

Comments:

Review by stevelion See Profile

• Location: Fleetwood,Berks,PA
Good "Easy switch from SunRocket when they went under."
Bad "Long distance not working and tech support non-existent."
Overall "Look elsewhere for service - that is what I am going to do."

I took the easy route when SunRocket went under. Since signing up, I'm not able to make long distance calls. I've called 3 to 4 times on the issue. During the last call on September 1, I was told that the ticket would be escalated and I would get a call in 24 to 48 hours - never received such a call. I called again on 10 September and was told the same - i.e. will get a call in 24 to 48 hours. I don't think so. I'm signing up for someone else.

UPDATE 2/13/2008: This problem dragged on and on. I would up asking for a refund for service that never worked. The refund never happened. I finally initiated a charge-back with my credit card company and left Teleblend forever.

Comments:

Review by TJ_in_IL See Profile

• Location: Winthrop Harbor,Lake,IL
Good "Easy Transition from defunct SunRocket"
Bad "No communication, poor quality website"

UPDATE- 2,2,2008
Finally have had enough! This company should just throw in the towel and quit, already. No response to online tickets for service, cannot get billing correct, still using the old SunRocket portal for voicemail and settings, unreliable service.... the list goes on! When the shit hits the fan, they just turn off their phones and ignore the problems, as if they don't exist! Please, don't even think of using them.
If you read my posts in the forums, you can see that I was one of the really lucky ones that had very few problems, overall. But everybody has a breaking point. If I am paying for a service, I expect a service. Period.
Teleblend has failed me on all too many levels, and it is time to move on.

I signed on with Teleblend July 19th, to keep my SunRocket number. This was the quickest way to keep the number, without the risks of a lost port to a provider that could not handle the load of new customers from the SunRocket demise.
I had no problems with service for the longest time, but lost service during the day on August 15th.
So far, everything is still being handled through the old SunRocket site, and they have failed to keep promises of same services/quality, and seemless transition.
They have alot of work to do if they want to maintain a customer base. I happen to be one of the few lucky ones that have experienced little problems, if any.
Hopefully they will get their act together, and reward those of us that signed on early.
Will update the review as needed.

member for 8.5 years, 2176 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by radiobern2 See Profile

• Location: San Leandro,Alameda,CA
Good "Tries to continue SunRocket services and features"
Bad "Reliability issues, cannot receive incoming calls at times, outages"
Overall "Ok for the price, could work on reliability"

I was transitioned to this service after SunRocket went bankrupt. Initially, they were not reliable and I was unable to receive or make calls. For a few weeks, I could not make international calls or some calls outside of California. Service seems to be more reliable now though there are still a few hours/days of no incoming calls while outgoing is fine. International calls don't go through all the time but redialing a few times will eventually work. Biggest problem is when incoming calls fail but you can still make outgoing calls. Only time I know this is happening is when callers are forwarded to voice mail when my phone has been idle. I can also verify by calling this line from my cell or land line.

I am paying $12.95 for base service and cannot determine what my long distance rates are to Canada or to Asia. Have been charged between 1 cent/minute for calls to Canada but lately have not noticed a charge on my bills. Calls to China and Hong Kong have varied from 2 cents/minute to 1 cent/minute.

Tech support online is basically non-existent. You can file as many trouble tickets as you want but no one will contact you regarding the problem. Some problems also don't get resolved. Only called once and was told they were aware of the problem and that I should file a trouble ticket online. The call did not resolve my issue or provide an estimate of when problem would be fixed.

member for 10.9 years, 449 visits, last login: 3.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by danharley See Profile

• Location: Apple Valley,San Bernardino,CA
Good "Temporarily had phone service after SunRocket took a dive"
Bad "No longer have phone service, cannot contact customer support, customer support tickets not being responded to"
Overall "I'm in telephone HELL"

Putting it bluntly, I made a big mistake choosing TeleBlend as a preferred service after leaving SunRocket.

My phone services was partially operational after choosing TeleBlend as the preferred provider after SunRocket. My phone service went completely dead on or around 08/08/2007. It was a nightmare trying to get a hold of tech support. However, tech support has been easier to contact recently.

Tech support is worthless. They have no clue what is going on. They make promises that aren't kept. It almost makes me cry when I call them, because I feel like I'm being held hostage by their company.

DO NOT CHOOSE TELEBLEND!

member for 10.1 years, 100 visits, last login: 2.5 years ago

Comments:

Review by zbestwun2001 See Profile

• Location: Van Nuys,Los Angeles,CA
Good "call quality, reliability, cost"
Bad "getting better"
Overall "try it"

Teleblend has improved greatly, I would give it a try .

Good bang for the buck!

member for 9 years, 1340 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Cogdis See Profile

• Location: Floral Park,Nassau,NY
Good "BYOD, no activation fee or contract, 12.95/mo"
Bad "Major problems during month of service"
Overall "Service was bad during the month we had it. Has improved since."

We only used teleblend for about a month after sunrocket blew up.
They were still having trouble getting things together, so we gave up and left.

A relative kept the service and says it's now back to sunrocket reliability.

member for 7.7 years, 3023 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by need2know0 See Profile

• Location: Vienna,Fairfax,VA
Good "When its UP, call quality is great."
Bad "Occasional service hiccups. Tech Support hard to reach by phone or web."
Overall "I recommed avoiding this company until they improve customer service."

In July 07 I accepted service with Teleblend (TB), after SunRocket (SR) closed down. I was able to keep my original Primary and Signature numbers and didn't require any new equipment so the transition of service to TB was seamless.

After the transfer to TB, a few unknown network problems knocked both lines out, so I transferred my Signature number back to a POTS line, and just kept one line with TB. Virtually all of my service issues were able to be dealt with by recycling my GIZMO.

- GIZMO (Innomedia MTA 6328-2Re) Image Version V3.0.77 is placed behind my router which worked fine until I upgraded my router to a Dlink DIR-655.

FYI- After upgrading the router, I had dialtone, but outbound calls resulted in a fast busy signal after about 60 seconds. Inbound calls would ring the phone, but callers were never there when I answered. Their call always ended up in voicemail. (Setting up Port Forwarding and Inbound Filters resolved this.)

I have called Teleblend Support on a few occasions but gave up due to the wait time. I have had success calling the billing number a few times. These calls are normally answered within 5-10 minutes and the Teleblend Business reps are always congenial and try to solve my issues. Unfortunately, they have yet to resolve a request on the first call.

As mentioned previously, I transferred the Signature line away from Teleblend in August but it continues to be billed to me. On my latest call to Teleblend (Nov 30), I was told that my next bill shows that I am no longer being charged for that line. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove this since Teleblend does not send out a copy of their Bill and does not provide anyway for customers to view their bill online! I just have to wait and view my next Credit Card statement to ensure they have corrected this.

While all of my original SunRocket features are still working under Teleblend service, the Teleblend web based account management system is minimal compared to SunRocket's. And, while TB management originally indicated that they would keep us updated on status and future offerings, the lastest Blog on the website is dated in Aug; the lasted News is from July; and the FAQ's were last touched on Sep 5th.

While the call quality is great, and the system has been fairly reliable, I still recommed avoiding this company until they improve customer service (Tech Support, Billing, and the Web Admin).