Teleblend page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by swinger123 See Profile

• Location: Omaha,Douglas,NE
Good "Inexpensive. Good quality sound. Free caller ID. Computer doesn't have to be on."
Bad "Just raised rates. Don't offer yearly plan for existing customers."
Overall "Good, cheap phone service."

Unfortunately, they just raised the rates and don't offer a yearly deal for existing customers.

Comments:

Review by howieh See Profile

• Location: Metuchen,Middlesex,NJ
Good "Cheap - about $16 per month, reliable, good voice quality"
Bad "None currently - I have not had any service problems in some time now"
Overall "I stayed with them after they took over Sunrocket and I am glad that I did."

TeleBlend took over Sunrocket accounts when the Sunrocket crashed and burned. My service was already active and that is why I have '0' days for setup. The service was some what shaky during July and August of 2007. I don't believe that I have experienced any outages during 2008. I have not had any problems or the need to contact customer service and therefore cannot speak of their performance.

It is now 2009 and I continue to be very pleased with the service. Due to a failing router in my home network, I had to reassemble my network and decided to try the AC211 immediately after my cable modem and before my new router. I was both pleased and surprised to see that I still get real close to the 15 / 2 speeds that my ISP provides.

member for 14.2 years, 8794 visits, last login: 227 days ago

Comments:

Review by VictorWI See Profile

• Location: Greendale,Milwaukee,WI
Good "Inexpensive, finally taking new customers"
Bad "Nothing at the moment"
Overall "Give them a try."

As a Sunrocket customer left in the dust when they collapsed I took up Teleblend's offer to complete my Sunrocket term at a reduced rate. The e-mail sent to me by Sunrocket's liquidators said I could keep my equipment and everything would switch over automatically. In reality it did. I've never had to do more than unplug my Sunrocket emblazoned Gizmo a few times and my service has continued. They've had outages and continue to. I've been with them a month and I have been without service for two days and the service is out again as I type. Teleblend needs to get their act together and soon if they want to hold onto customers. When the service is up the quality is good - as good as Sunrocket ever was. You get what you pay for and my hope is that Teleblend rights there listing ship and irons out the inherent bugs in a new provider quickly and I can go back to not worrying day to day whether my phone is going to work.

UPDATE: It has been 3 weeks since I first posted my review. I still have an issue with one number I try to call and I don't always hear it ring even though it does on their end but I just recently submitted a trouble ticket for it so we will see if and how quickly I get a resolution to it. Other than that my service has been stable, reliable and of great quality. I am not a heavy phone user (a couple dozen calls a week tops) but I do use long distance and local calling - no international. In reading the forums I am not alone in my satisfaction but I appear to be in the minority. Then again, people who are satisfied with their service do not tend to post "good job" messages to the forum. Anyway, YMMV but if you want cheap VoIP give them a try.

UPDATE: October 6, 2007. My only ticket has been resolved and my services from Teleblend now compare with or are better than what I had with Sunrocket. I have updated my review as appropriate.

UPDATE: June 26, 2008. I've not had any issues with Teleblend in months. The phone is rock solid. Call quality is great. They've finally announced the acceptance of new customers so we will see how things go with that.

member for 11.4 years, 320 visits, last login: 3.1 years ago

Comments:

Review by texxsharkk See Profile

• Location: Lake Stevens,Snohomish,WA
Good "Great service since SR busted..."
Bad "Occasional disconnects...doesn't recover after power outage."
Overall "9 months later...still happy with the service for the $$ paid."

I've had much less grief with TB than I had with SR. My service has only gone out a few times and was recovered every time with a reboot. Haven't experienced any outages as with SR.
For $15/month, I feel this is the best service for me at the moment.

Comments:

Review by zbestwun2001 See Profile

• Location: Van Nuys,Los Angeles,CA
Good "call quality, reliability, cost"
Bad "getting better"
Overall "try it"

Teleblend has improved greatly, I would give it a try .

Good bang for the buck!

Comments:

Review by GoHardGoDeep See Profile

• Location: Rio Rancho,Sandoval,NM
Good "Price, Features, Didn't have to move services"
Bad "Lost Inbound service for a week or so."
Overall "Can't beat the price and it works"

Since the move there has been some pretty big hiccups. There is not doubt about that. Though, once everything had calmed down, things are very smooth. I have had no problems making or receiving calls. The website looks like the old one, but I really don't use any of those features, and what do I care its the same as before.

I'm happy as long as I don't have to pay more than what I would have at Sunrocket or anywhere else.

Comments:

Review by tallpole See Profile

• Location: Colorado Springs,El Paso,CO
Good "Voice Quality"
Bad "Website"
Overall "Works for now"

I guess that I am one of the few that have had a decent experience with Teleblend. I had dropouts in service in the first few weeks, but lately the service has been great.

I noticed today that they have finally moved the account management from sunrocket.com to teleblend.com. Although, now you have two login links on their page one to the dippy teleblend account manager and the other to a modified version of the Sunrocket account manager.

I haven't had any experience with tech support so I'll rate them at 50%.

I'm still in the wait-and-see camp for now.

Comments:

Review by ribasaurus See Profile

• Location: Ellicott City,Howard,MD
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Good "ImmediateTransition from SunRocket, Voice quality is fine"
Bad "As of 7/22/07, No voicemail or extended features available"
Overall "For $15, its a no brainer for an ex-Sunrocket user to buy some time. There's no commitment. Hopefully it pans out shortly"

So I can't decide what service to permanently move to from SunRocket.

I am still very upset with Vonage for their termination fees after I cancelled due to voice quality problems - which turned out to be my Comcast HSI connection.

I've been waffling between Packet8 and ViaTalk not wanting to deal with porting issues. Then TeleBlend comes in and takes over my Sunrocket service and offers $13 monthly service for the extent of my contract offering the "same services"

The problem is, I have no voicemail, no forwarding, no follow me features, no call logs...

The only thing online is very basic payment and password options.

Here's their claim from the website

"TeleBlend Internet phone service offers you outstanding customer
service along with all of the products and features of SunRocket."

On the positive, I have ringtone, people can call my old phone number and the voice quality is good.

On the negative side, it's a wait and see as far as how long it takes them to establish voicemail/extended features. I assume they will be taking over Sunrocket's infrastructure considering they have nothing today and are advertising "all the features of SunRocket".