Bright House page on DSLReports

Review by buckin1850 See Profile

Bad "Horrible Service"

Almost a month ago I went to my local store and started my service, two days later I receive a promo stating that I could receive better service and two months for free! This was like a slap in the face, seeing as how I paid over $100 for sub-par service. I spoke with Ms. Washington and she made it "right". I went ahead and opted for the package I wanted to begin with and Ms. Washington told me to bring in my cable box and modem.... When I get to the local branch they told me they couldn't change out our modem that a Tech would be out the next day to change it out. No Tech ever came and no call was ever received. I emailed Ms. Washington... no reply. I call Ms. Washington, no call back. Then I go look at my bill, the 110 that was to be credited to my account, NOPE! Instead I have an additional charge of 77 and change. I advice another company if possible!

Very Respectfully,

George M Griffin

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:

BHNtechXpert
Saint Petersburg, FL

Please reach out to me...

I want to see what happened and get this resolved for you George. Post here »Bright House Networks Direct

And I will get right on it...

Gary
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Review by paradigmfl See Profile

• Location: Daytona Beach,Volusia,FL
Good "Promised speeds received, Choice of speeds, Usually acceptable support"
Bad "Overpriced, some surly or unknowledgeable employees, watch out for extra fees, downhill trend"
Overall "Could be worse. Will probably work for you...for a price."

·ooma
I have standard Roadrunner internet through Bright House Networks and have had it off and on (at times I had Earthlink with BHN) for a decade. This tier of service promises up to 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds (Nov. 2014 note- The speeds have been bumped to 15/1 without additional charge). The current base rate is $54 + there is a $4 modem charge which you can opt out of by buying your own modem. There is also evidently a new $1"paper bill fee charged". Also be aware of the $6 late fee should that apply to you (for many it does).

I have almost always received the speeds I have been promised if not more so. Reliability has been what I would consider excellent as well although there have been a few incidents over the years where it took multiple truck rolls for them to fix the issue. The modem supplied to me was the Motorola SB6141 and this modem has likewise been excellent. I have never had any problems requesting a modem swap.

Installation is usually great although they tend to use independent contractors now. As such it seems the experience can greatly vary as they lose some consistency with the contractors. I know of relatives who have had installers who say did not know to switch a TV to cable mode from TV mode. I have also had relatives who have had installers use their phone number for the WIFI password (this is very insecure). I have also had an acquaintance who had an installer set up their WIFI without any encryption at all approximately 6 years ago. In another case an installer told a relative that there would be an additional charge to get an HD converter when at the time this was not true. Overall though they usually do a good job. I highly suggest learning about what you should be getting and becoming savvy enough to make sure the installer does what they should however. The DSL reports forums are a great place to do this and I advise that you read all you can!

Tech and customer support is mostly acceptable. Over the years I feel it has improved. Again, it tends to vary a bit though. 80% of the time you might say get someone excellent or very good, 15% of the time you might get someone who is OK or a little clueless and then the other 5% you will get someone who is horrible who does not know what they are doing or outright lies just to get you off the phone. I suggest becoming educated as to the services you receive just in case you get a bad apple. If something sounds strange I also suggest not being afraid to politely hang up and get someone else on the phone instead.

Pricing is a bit overpriced in my opinion. I feel in competitive areas the 10/1 standard service is usually around $30 or $35. BHN charge $54 for this as it's base rate. Also Time Warner typically offers something in between the Road Runner Lite service and the Standard service for customers on a budget who want to be able to stream. BHN to my knowledge does not offer this. In addition I feel that the Lightning packages are a little pricey for what you receive. There is also this troubling trend where BHN has been increasing prices rapidly and adding on various extra fees. The latest one apparently is a $1 charge for wanting a paper billing statement.

Pre-sales information is not the greatest. They appear to hide a good portion of their pricing and it is very difficult to find online. They heavily push the combos and so-called a la carte pricing can be hard to locate. Personally I feel it is wrong for a local cable monopoly to be allowed to leverage bundled servicing to force people to use their other services or pay more but unfortunately the Florida government seems to allow it.

To end on a positive note Bright House to my knowledge does not have any monthly usage caps unlike some other providers. This is a strong plus. Hopefully this does not go away.

Update: November 15, 2014

I have switched to Earthlink over Bright House cable for less money and on the 15/1 plan. I will likely be doing a review for Earthlink again shortly.

I went ahead and bumped this review up (improved the rating) one position for my rating for "value for money" due to the speed bump from 10/1 to 15/1. It should be noted however that upload speeds were not bumped, only the download.

member for 9.3 years, 412 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by CFLTurbo See Profile

• Location: Altamonte Springs,Seminole,FL
Good "It works pretty good "
Bad "Price continues to grow and grow"
Overall "Decent internet service, but stick it to you later pricing in full effect !!!"

Originally ordered Turbo with HD TV one box no dvr

at the end of the first year price went up as expected, normal for intro pricing to go away

at the end of the 2nd year, another price hike, this was unexpected

work in private forums sales person contact, got a new package with same services that was supposed to NOT change. Now have a modem charge that I didn't before.

(To Clarify, the modem charge was removed for the November Bill since I installed my own modem, The rate increase was after the $4 modem fee was removed)

Later on Turbo disappeared, no biggie, got to add back the speed for $5 more a month for constant 30 meg instead of turbo

This was not suppose to change my price or package other than another $5 extra per month !!!

November 2014 Bill now an extra $10 a month for the same service I originally had for much less.

This not counting the $4 dollars they will add to the bill in January for the Digital adapters that are now required in central Florida.

My Bill is now approximately $40 higher than when I started for the same service.

Thinking about disconnecting the TV service to save money as this is getting ridiculous

Internet service has been decent only a few small outages over the past 4 years or so, some out of brighthouse control, (car hit pole for one)

If there was another option other than CenturyLink crappy copper I would be gone.

Bottom line, decent service but price just keeps going up and up and up and up, with no value added

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you...

For your reviewing your recent Bright House Networks experience. Several aspects of your post troubled me so I have addressed them as follows:

1) You are not paying a $4.00 modem fee at this time. When you added your own modem there is a few days of transition while billing adds the free modem code and removes the billed code. Your statement was reflective of that transition period. The partial fee was credited back as normal and you are not currently being billed for using your own modem

2) Deanna called you per my request. She explained to you that all of our packages have an expire date. There is no such thing as a perm rate with any provider including the one you previously worked for per that discussion, we are no different from that perspective. She also located a better rate which reduces your monthly to $115.40 down from the rate quoted in your review which expire in 12 months. You are free to take advantage of any offer that becomes available in the meantime or when your current offer expires.

3) You rated support very poorly yet did not provide examples that I could research as per my request to you via IM. Please provide details there when convenient for you.

As noted in my IM I am troubled that you didn't reach out to me when this happened after our first contact. Had I known there were additional concerns they would have been addressed as they were today. Going forward before assuming the worst would much appreciate you reaching out to me as you have in the past and at least giving me a chance to investigate and remedy as needed.

Thank you....

Re: Thank you...

Deanna explained that stick it to you later Pricing is industry standard, she admitted this. She actually used the words industry standard multiple times, so I guess you all are the same as all the other providers, modem/equipment prices will continue to go up, for below the line increases in revenue as is standard in the industry

When I originally started I had no modem charge, The second time they raised my rate, I came on here and opened a thread, you had someone contact me they put me into a package that wasn't supposed to change but had a modem fee, I accepted the offer, it started with a I believe $1 or $1.50 modem, over the course of about 2 years it made its way all the way to $4 when I had the modem charge removed last month.

What I consider Poor support.

Technical - My service was down one night, so I called, waited 20 minutes or so for Tier 1 support, messed around with them unplugging the modem and all, they needed to transfer me to Tier 2, 2nd rep comes on the phone, instantly says " They are doing maintenance in my area" . Really your frontline reps can't even pull up an Outage/Maintenance area.

2nd Tech

When I installed my own modem, The rep I got was able to program the modem fine all was good, but then he wanted to restart my laptop, I asked why, no answer, he goes so you are refusing to restart the computer, I said yes unless you can tell me why yes I am refusing. Maybe this is me being an a$$ because I have done support for a long time, but he never even asked anything about my environment, ie if I had a router etc.. so this was a little comical to me as restarting my laptop would have done nothing if the router needed to be power cycled.

Sales

I tried to resolve this issue myself twice with 2 different reps calling in. Was told by both that there was nothing they could do.

When I spoke with Deanna, she was nice, but she gave the feeling that I should feel lucky that I wasn't paying the full retail price of $150 for the services I had, I said for $150 I would cancel the TV

Also anyone with DTA's in Central Florida, price will be going up in January, me personally it will be at least $4 dollar increase because I have 2.

I will admit support via the forums has been great the issues are resolved quickly.

The internet service has been good always test at advertised speeds.

TV has worked fine as well.

It just gets old having to come on here every Year or 2 to and posting just to keep the price for the same service from going up and up.

This is just my experience YMMV

Re: Thank you...

said by CFLTurbo:

The price isn't going up...you will start paying for them for the first time.

said by CFLTurbo:

The internet service has been good always test at advertised speeds.

TV has worked fine as well.

That is good to hear...

said by CFLTurbo:

The price isn't going up up up...your promotion expires and you step towards normal pricing. You may at any time take advantage of current promotions that better meet your needs.

paradigmfl

join:2005-07-16
·ooma
·Bright House

Agreed on the price issue

I completely agree about the pricing. It tends to be higher than average. The pricing is good when on a promotion but watch out afterwards!! Also it is very hard to get a promo these days when already an existing customer.

For the longest time BHN did not have a modem charge. They added it a few years ago. Since competitors are now charging $8-$10 a month for modem rental I would not be surprised if they raise it further because "they feel they can".

It is a fact that many cable ISPs are raising internet rates to make up for cable TV "cord cutters".

Re: Agreed on the price issue

Yeah when I called in they told me it was good that I got my own modem because they were going to stop supplying non wifi modems and that the modem fee was going to go up to $10 a month

said by CFLTurbo:

Sorry but that is not the case....

Re: Agreed on the price issue

ok so look at who accessed my account before Deanna and coach them ...it was a male who I spoke with on the phone after I was transferred from tech support when I got the modem I bought programmed .

That person is the one who gave me the information , correct or not

I will review the call and address as needed....

That person is the one who gave me the information , correct or not

The last person you spoke with prior to Deanna was another female and that was not discussed. If you have a better approx date that would be helpful.

Re: Agreed on the price issue

I believe the record you are looking at is from when I returned the BHN modem to the retail store.

It would have been the only other male I spoke with other than the guy the activated the modem I bought.

In regards to price its funny how Deanna kept talking about industry standard of price going up every 12 months. the very next day the I received a Flyer from the local telco about 3 year price guarantee with no contract.

Gary, I am really over the whole deal, my price is acceptable for another 12 months, it just gets old doing this every year or 2.

The service itself I am happy with, the support I receive on here from you is great

The whole price fight just gets old, it seems Para just gets tired of the price going up every year so he switches, I get it.

It just seems like if you have a customer who pays the bill every month, in good standing it would be worth it to keep them, save the extra money(They pay you right ) then to create bad reviews, customer frustration, customers bouncing back and forth between providers and extra cost( ie calls to the customer service, your time, connecting\disconnecting customers etc) than to just not raise the price.

Maybe something you or I can fix that really burns my a$$ when you guys raise the bill is all the freaking full color flyers you mail out every month. I don't know maybe there is a way to opt out of the marketing mailings, but I know they are not cheap. If need more services I will call. maybe BHN can come up with a no snail mail spam credit or something :P

and Gary most importantly don't take any of this personally, all of the support I have received from you on here has been top notch, its just standard of this industry

said by paradigmfl:

The answer is simple....bring your own modem and don't worry about it.

said by paradigmfl:

No it isn't. You know better than that Para.

said by paradigmfl:

How would you know Para? You have never paid full price for any of our products. You bounce back between Earthlink and BHN being treated as a new customer each time even though you clearly are not. As for the watch out statement again just not true. When your promotion expires you will step part way between your promotion price and the retail price typically in $10 increments and you retain that price for another 12 months until you step again as needed (for another 12 months) until you reach the full retail price. You are notified in advance multiple ways and you have the option at that point of rolling into any available promotion in your service class that makes you happy.

said by paradigmfl:

Again another fabrication Para, you know better than this and so do I. We've had this discussion MANY times in the past.

Review by billd104 See Profile

• Location: Oldsmar,Pinellas,FL
Good "Speed, reliably & convenience"
Overall "Still the best deal for the money"

Was just upgraded to RR Lightning 40/5 on Bright House Networks. Since I was a triple play subscriber already w RR turbo 20/2 & was considering Verizon FiOS triple play 35/35, BHN made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. In this era of price increases they actually offered me more for less. Free upgrade to RR Lightning and a lower total monthly cost. Can't go wrong with that. Now with BHN entering the home security market with a fully integrated system it will get even better.

Update: 02/18/2013

Still pleased with RR Lightning and Bright House Networks. Pleasantly surprised that my speed has now increased to 60/5 and my overall package cost has gone down. Can't complain about that.

Update: 06/07/2013

Upgraded to Lightning 90/10 in May and speeds are at least 10% higher than advertised. I'm getting 104 down / 12 up consistently. Monthly bill went up less than 10% so IMHO it's a win for me!!

Update: 11/7/2014

Still pleased with BHN... Nothing more to say really. Any issues or hiccups are dispatched with in short order by Gary in the Bright House Direct forum.

member for 5.8 years, 346 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

PISSED OFF

@rr.com

Brighthouse Double Billing!!

Just found out today Brighthouse is double billing my account. I currently have phone service and RR 40. Brighthouse added a charge to my phone called a modem charge. I currently pay a modem charge for RR 40, now BH wants to charge for the same modem for my phone. They are DOUBLE BILLING CUSTOMERS for the same HARDWARE! Coin the phase, NICKLE AND DIME THE CUSTOMERS!!!!!

BHRipoff

@bhn.net

Re: Brighthouse Double Billing!!

Same situation here, we've had Brighthouse for years and now they created a new modem charge, but there is no new modem or anything added to the service they provide. Upon calling them the response is simply "Yes, it is a new charge". I am sick and tired of them raising their prices every 3 months. It is a freaking monopoly in central florida and we are pretty much stuck to just accept it or have no internet access. I already cancelled their cable service because the frequent price increases and new fees just pissed me off. But internet there is no option.

Saint Petersburg, FL

Re: Brighthouse Double Billing!!

said by BHRipoff :

We are by no means a monopoly in CFL or any of our service regions. In each there are at least two other providers available. We also do not raise our rates every three months so if your bill is reflective of additional charges something else must be going on. I would be happy to review you billing and see if we can find a package that better suits your needs.

said by PISSED OFF :

Contact me via PM and I will be happy to review your bill with you and seek a better solution.

softbaked

join:2013-03-15
Melbourne, FL

Real Response from a 5+ year Bright House Customer

"We are by no means a monopoly in CFL"
Not True, BH does have a government sanctioned monopoly for the wire "cable" in my area (Melbourne, FL) no other provider can offer services over the cable.

"In each there are at least two other providers available."
Dish "slower expensive internet with a marry me contract"

In the town next to me they getting "cable" from embark for a lot less money because there are several "cable companies" competing for the consumer, i.e. no monopoly means fair competition and consumer choice.

"We also do not raise our rates every three months"
False, I'm on the phone at least every three months negotiating something, be it "new mysterious charges" or "plan changes" or "new equipment charges", it's always something, if your not watching/fighting the bill, it will increase.

"I would be happy to review you billing and see if we can find a package that better suits your needs."
And there is the pitch in a nutshell folks... when you call and complain about price/service/bill/etc.. they always offer you a different plan that sounds like your getting something more "for the same price you are paying" i.e. no savings just a new pitch.

I checked Cable TV prices and Internet speed/prices across the US and was surprised to find that we in Central Florida under the Bright House government monopoly are paying much more than the national average.... that is the problem with a monopoly, no competition = no win for the customer.

Re: Real Response from a 5+ year Bright House Customer

said by softbaked:

"We are by no means a monopoly in CFL"

"In each there are at least two other providers available."
Dish "slower expensive internet with a marry me contract"

"We also do not raise our rates every three months"

»www.reddit.com/r/technology/comm···rfectly/

Please provide the relevant data supporting your claim.

In each there are at least two other providers available."
Dish "slower expensive internet with a marry me contract"

Your claim was you do not have choices and that we are a monopoly which is not correct. You do have choices you just don't like them.

" I'm on the phone at least every three months negotiating something, be it "new mysterious charges" or "plan changes" or "new equipment charges", it's always something, if your not watching/fighting the bill, it will increase.

Not correct. If you want me to review your billing with you I would be happy to clearly demonstrate this isn't the case. Let me know when...you can reach me at
BHNtechXpert@mybrighthouse.com

No you didn't check anywhere but here at DSLR which you referenced in your recent review of our services. That "average" cost of services is based customer reviews which is not an official, accurate or for that matter scientific cost comparison.

»www.reddit.com/r/technology/comm···rfectly/

Again you reference Time Warner Cable. We are not TWC...please take a moment to read »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_House_Networks

astemerman

join:2013-05-22
This is 100% not true. Maybe you're unaware what a monopoly is. But, there are other options available in all of central FL including Comcast. It's impossible for a cable company to be a monopoly when there are services such as Dish Network. In case you're confused on what a monopoly is... a monopoly is when only one company provides a service in a particular field and blocks any other company from providing a service in order to compete with that specific company. As I said this is 100% impossible with services like Dish Network available. I live in central FL and comcast is available to you as well also making it impossible for brighthouse to be a monopoly. Also, Brighthouse will be lowering their prices soon with Google Fiber in play(the main reason why they're up'ing their lightning tier again to 90Mbps as Google FIber doesn't cap you at $70 per month).
softbaked

join:2013-03-15
Melbourne, FL

Google Fiber is Bright House Cancer

Google Fiber will level the playing field for the consumer and Bright House is very afraid... the way over-priced services they provide days are numbered, Bright House is hiring every lawyer and greasing every politician they can to keep you trapped in their ridiculous pricing/service model.

Follow the link below for a very good read on the future of Bright House and how your internet choices will be limited by them no matter how much it cost them to keep you trapped.

»www.reddit.com/r/technology/comm···rfectly/

Remember way back in the beginning of the "cable revolution" when everybody was shocked that somebody would actually pay for TV when it was free? but.... it was worth it because there were very little or no commercials? Now I pay $80.00 per/month for "basic cable" which has 250+ channels of mostly garbage that is infested with commercials.

Part of my job is statistics, so I ran a month long data gathering period of logging the number and length of commercials with all the channels I watch and the end result was over 52% commercial time over actual show time. (yeah I use a DVR but that's not the point).
So BH charges us over-inflated prices and then makes another fortune on ad revenue (it's a business, I get it, but this is pure greed)

Then it gets even worse, I cross-tabbed the commercial run times between channels and found that channels/shows that are similar run commercials at the same time, so if you change the channel and your tastes are the same you will most likely find another commercial.

There is a running joke in my house, we turn the TV on and try to hold our breath while flipping through channels and cannot breath until we find a channel that is not running a commercial... most of the time we run out of breath, yeah it's that bad/common.

And we all know that the high price is also due to the fact that we have to pay for hundreds of other channels we will never watch, we cannot just order the channels we watch on a regular basis, a-la-cart, which would make it affordable and fair, but no.... cable companies lobbied that option into law. There was a cable provider in New York that started a company on that model, "just pay for the channels you watch instead of ALL the channels" guess what..? Bright House and Comcast sued him into poverty and made it a crime (with jail time) if anybody tries to use that business model again.

Your days are numbered cable giants just like the old tel-co's but I'm sure you will continue to stick it to us as long as you can.

said by softbaked:

»www.reddit.com/r/technology/comm···rfectly/

You keep making reference to Time Warner Cable. Bright House Networks is NOT Time Warner Cable in any way. Two entirely different companies. We do not service New York and have never serviced New York you are confusing us with TWC.

See »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_House_Networks

astemerman

join:2013-05-22

Re: Google Fiber is Bright House Cancer

This is actually 50% incorrect. TWC is in fact the parent company of Bright House Networks. Yes, BHN is a stand alone company in the same sense that Bing is a stand alone company even though their parent company is Microsoft. But, you do consider them seperate companies.

said by astemerman:

No TWC is NOT the parent company of Bright House Networks. Our parent company is privately held Advance Newhouse Communications. See »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_House_Networks

Review by Jpollard See Profile

• Location: Pittsboro,Hendricks,IN
Good "Great service and reliable"

I have had Brighthouse at two locations for the past 4.5 years. When I moved the transfer was quick and easy (and the mover discount was great!). I recently called in as my package was expiring. I was able to triple my download speed and lower my bill by $15/mo.

member for 1.3 years, 142 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by noomi See Profile

• Location: Beverly Hills,Citrus,FL
Good "Good speed (Most of time)"
Bad "None really"
Overall "Triple play worth it"

Even though i'm satisfied,I don't have any other choice here.

Update 11/02
Still satisfied except for the price! I have
internet only. Again, I don't have any other choice here.

member for 13.6 years, 5067 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by mk318 See Profile

• Location: Daytona Beach,Volusia,FL
Good "Fast speeds, good service, no throttling"
Bad "None I can think of"
Overall "What's not to like?"

Been a BH customer for somewhere near 11 years. Service is good and fast. I don't know what more you can want. There's a lot worst ISPs out there like Comcast.

Comments:

Review by neonhomer See Profile

• Location: Edgewater,Volusia,FL
Good "Reliable connection 99% of the time..."
Bad "Pricing"
Overall "Better than DSL or Sattelite"

BHN is better than most other options. No rain fade, no contracts, and for the most part, the connectivity is rock solid...

Also, access to tech support through DSLR is a plus.

My only complaint is their pricing.

member for 10.8 years, 2940 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by sofast1 See Profile

• Location: Saint Petersburg,Pinellas,FL
Good "reliability"
Bad "The worst customer service possible. No one cares less about their customers."
Overall "If there was an alternative, I'd take it."

Bright House changed their pay online system. The result is that those who have more than one account can only access one single account. After hours on hold, I was told it would be fixed this weekend. Never Happened. Today I was told I would have to get a second email address for the second account. I said that was ridiculous. She said some guy in charge would call me. Never happened. Now I can't access either of my accounts online. I can see hours wasted on this again tomorrow. It's clear that they never ran a "beta". It's clear that whoever wrote the change should try to find something he's good at. It's clear that the person responsible for approving the change should be fired. It's clear that if they can't fix it in a week, these blockheads don't have a clue. High -tech company my ass.

WHAT'S REALLY CLEAR IS THAT WITH PHONES THAT NEVER GET ANSWERED,LIVE CHAT THAT NEVER WORKS,EMAILS THAT TAKE 'TIL THE NEXT DAY TO GET A REPLY,A PRESIDENT'S OFFICE THAT THINKS IT'S OKAY TO RESPOND TWO DAYS LATER.......BRIGHT HOUSE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS. THEY'RE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH WHEN THEY CALL YOU FRIEND.

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you....

For sharing your recent Bright House Networks experience. Now you found this site which means you know about our forums and direct forums here but have yet to give them a try to resolve these issues. Perhaps this would be a good time You may post here »Bright House Networks or for a one to one experience here »Bright House Networks Direct

Look forward to seeing you there...

sofast1

join:2011-12-14

Give them a try?

This has been going on for a week. They said it would be fixed last weekend. How can anyone give them a try when it takes 45 minutes to get a human on the phone or 24 hours to get an email reply? The fact that the president's office takes two days to respond proves that the worst possible customer service starts at the top. They created a problem where there was none and can't seem to fix it.

Review by PacketHauler See Profile

• Location: Melbourne,Brevard,FL
Good "Extremely reliable service and great picture quality"
Bad "Front-line order specialist botched the order"
Overall "Great value for the money"

·Frontier Communi..
·Charter
We just moved from Minnesota, to Florida, and I know BHN was the local cable provider. We had looked to see if U-Verse was available in our new neighborhood, and it was not. Because we did mail forwarding electronically with USPS, they sent us a coupon for BHN that gave us free-install and 1 month of free service. Not a bad deal! I called the week before we were supposed to move in to get everything setup. The order specialist gave me the bundles that were applicable for the 1 month of free service, and it was the Premier DTV service and Lightning 30 Internet. I told him that I have 3 HDTVs that need service. We did 1 TV with the 2-tuner DVR and 2 of the DTV adapter boxes since I didn't need any enhanced features on the other 2. I also mentioned I will be using my own modem (Motorola SB6121) and they setup the order.

I get a call a week early that they are confirming my appointment for the next day, and that was 7 days early. I called the number back that was left on my voicemail, and it was the number for the Tampa area, and not central Florida. They transferred me to the other number (frustrating when I was on hold to speak to someone), and I spoke to an extremely friendly representative who was able to get everything straightened out for me, and was very apologetic for the problem.

We get down to Florida with the moving truck and the tech shows up right on time, and installs all the boxes and my cable modem for me. He was extremely friendly and professional, and was able to answer all my questions.

I got my first bill and noticed I was getting charged for a rental modem, even after my own modem was provisioned. I also noticed I was only getting 20Mb down and 2.5Mb up. I called support to find out why these 2 things were happening. I got to a representative fairly quickly and stated my concerns. He found that my modem was indeed provisioned for only 20Mb service, and made the change to get me 30Mb as that is what I was billed for. They credited my account with the full amount of the rental fee, as well as the days that I was only getting 20Mb service so I wasn't being overbilled. I've never had a cable company successfully accomplish that for me before.

I've done speed tests all throughout the day and night during peak usage periods and have always gotten consistent speeds, and the speeds that I'm provisioned for. The picture quality of the HD feeds on BHN are excellent. The NBC and ESPN feeds look fantastic, as I didn't notice macro-blocking like what I've seen on other carriers.

I've dealt with a lot of cable companies and telcos, and BHN by far has the best customer service of any of them. I will continue to do business with them for the foreseeable future.

member for 224 days, 91 visits, last login: a few hours ago