Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

Bright House Networks page on DSLReports

Review by k421 See Profile

• Location: Davenport,Polk,FL

First, after ordering cable from brighthouse they never showed up for the appointment I took work off for, no call no show. Set it up for nrxt day again, took work off because was insured they would show up. Second day no call no show. Third day of taking off work they finally showed up about 3 hours after appointment time. He was supposed to run a new line to one of our bedrooms but refused, was in and out as fast as he could. 20 minutes after him leaving half our channels do not work, bedroom he was supposed to run line to doesn't work at all with the box we pay for, wifi takes longer than dial up service etc. Called again and its been almost 2 weeks of the run around and waiting for a tech to show up?? I would not recommend brighthouse to anyone! Worse service i have ever seen in my life. We will not be paying any bill. When they shut the boxes off we will place then in the garbage can for pick up.

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you....

For taking the time to review your recent Bright House Networks experience. Please reach out to me here »Bright House Networks Direct and lets get these things taken care of for you.

Thanks,

Gary
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Saint Petersburg, FL

Thanks for reaching out...

As discussed we will see you on Thursday morning bright and early...

Thanks for...

Giving us a chance to make this right and the followup that all went well this morning...if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Review by dellfromhell See Profile

• Location: Melbourne Beach,Brevard,FL
Good "Friendly people"
Bad "Terribly slow speeds, no 24 hour support, long waits on hold"
Overall "Only game in town, and it shows"

Installer (contracted) arrived on time and was pleasant and professional. Service has gone down hill since then. Modem drops off line and has to be re-booted at least once a week, and speeds are horribly slow. I have spent hours trying to get the problem resolved, but continues to be erratic. I went on hold at 10:25 PM for a "level 3" tech support person, only to be told at 11:05 PM that they closed at 11:00PM.

Very, very bad service and support. Unfortunately, they're the only game in town.

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you...

For sharing your recent Bright House Networks experience. Please reach out to me here »Bright House Networks Direct and lets get these issues resolved for you right away.

Thanks,

Still trying...

Would love for you to reach out to me to discuss your service issues. I can't resolve them until I hear from you.

Review by Maliceful See Profile

• Location: Lakeland,Polk,FL

The biggest issue is a lack of competition causing the unwillingness to reinvest in developing the technology. Slow speeds, poor bandwidth, on technology from the 80's. $80 a month pushed me towards DSL, just to get some guarantee in service. Chatted with a support person who did not offer to troubleshoot the line and was happy to upgrade me to lightning at 150 MBps, which is really like 40 or 50, for 150 dollars a month, are you kidding me. To bad FIOS stopped short at my neighborhood or Bright house would have already been out the door, with a swift kick. The service is terrible, their installation technicians are under qualified, and likely under paid, phone service is horrible, and the TV service, which we had briefly is worse.

Comments:

Muffsalso
join:2010-06-30
Daytona Beach, FL

Tech service

Granted some people still have their clocks blinking on their VCR's, However since I have been with BH I have had very bad service. Although the main problem is living in a manufactured home park. Lawn service keeps tearing up drops. But when you call a repair man out to fix a damaged cable, Why don't he,or she fix the other 6 or so along with mine, with cuts and exposed centers all frayed. Shorley that will affect my service as well. A year ago I had them replace my drop, it had 7 splices in it and they were all underground !!!! The cut and frayed cables are still the way they were a year ago.Can't understand why I am having so much trouble !!! LOL. The techs on this site are awesome. I wish they were all that way !!!!! PS: My cable has been replaced, the others have not.
slaponte

join:2007-05-16
Miami, FL

After 1.5 years, gave up...

I purchased TV, phone and Internet when I moved into this 20 yo house I rent. The TV is ok, been through 3 DVRs, all seem damaged. The signal fluctuates more than DirecTV on cloudy days, so been on cable doesn't make a diff. The phone, barely use it. The problem has been the Internet. Speed 30 (now 35) is great WHEN is up. I have suffered constant disconnects, over months at a time. Sometimes every few minutes, sometimes a couple of days. Many techs have come, none can figure what is wrong. They have changed cables, modems, etc... nothing. So I am feed up. But, the only other available choice is CenturyLink at 10 speed. :-(

who cares

@bhn.net

brighthouse employees

i signed up for bright house in october and everything the salesman told me was a lie just to get me to sign up, i didnt get the service he said i would and i sure didn't get 2 months for free like he said i would,i was a customer for 15 - 20 days and got a bill from them in the mail for 205 and the internet didn't work great like it was supposed to they told me it would be whole house wireless only worked in half the house, since then i switched back to direct tv at least that works like its supposed to , i still have bright house for phone and internet but not happy with them at all

Review by mep2003 See Profile

• Location: Palm Harbor,Pinellas,FL
Good "Not much price exceeded value / we need competition."
Bad "Has to be rebooted constantly"
Overall "not dependable and expensive due to the constant need to call and use service department"

Bright House Echo Sucks!!!!!

This is the worst upgrade I have ever experienced with Bright House. I am blocked off Netflix and numerous other sites. The wifi is considerable less than unacceptable. The tech have been out over 6 times and make nothing but excuses. I am canceling my echo service and upgrading to ethernet throughout the house. Then i'm looking for a new carrier. I've been with bright house for 20 years and I don't want to spend another 20 minutes with them. They are not cheap and I should get better service. For the price their service sucks. They blamed the poor wifi on my neighbors interference. I paid to run ethernet throughout the house and I'm still blocked off numerous sites with the new router.

I am happy to have BrightHouse contact me on this matter review my account!!!!

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/4026 ··· 26584506
10 minutes later
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/4026 ··· 26603324
5 minutes later with a reboot I lost signal or something
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/4026 ··· 26609794

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you...

For sharing your recent Bright House Networks experience. Please get with me here ASAP »Bright House Networks Direct and I will get this fixed for you as Echo should not be operating this way. Should be a simple fix.
mep2003

join:2006-04-02
Palm Harbor, FL

Re: Thank you...

it is being remove in the morning. Its most likely too late to resolve I can send you my person info if you want to access my account. Please let me now. I just don't want to post my name and address if i can avoid. I own an ac company and I work all day this is the first I got to review your post thank you for responding.

said by mep2003:

I will not post any personal information. I wish you would give me an opportunity to fix this. I can fix it quickly (like tonight if you want). Either post in the link I gave you or send it directly to me at BHNtechXpert@mybrighthouse.com and I will get on it right now.

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by mep2003:

I should clarify....the Netflix issue tonight...the wireless will take a bit more work but it is without a doubt fixable.

Saint Petersburg, FL

Still waiting to hear from you...

As requested I have asked that you reach out to me here »Bright House Networks Direct so we can get this resolved for you.

4 edits

For the benefit of anyone who might read this review including the OP

The experience as described is regrettable and certainly not the norm with this product. There were several options for resolution that I wish the customer had utilized but unfortunately did not including our services here at DSLR, Twitter/Facebook, Office of the President or Share Your Story on our website.

From a technical standpoint the Echo modem does not block Netflix or any other streaming application or websites. The only way this might happen is if the device is improperly installed, configured or is malfunctioning in any case an easy fix.

The wireless concerns raised by this poster are a little more complex however. There are some instances where wireless congestion from other Access Points is so severe that to some degree wireless performance can be impacted. This would happen with any wireless modem or router not just the Echo modem and there is no way to resolve it shy of turning off all of the offending Access Points which isn't likely to happen. In such cases your only option would be to wire each of your connections and use wireless only where you have no other choice.

The OP states that Echo is "not dependable and expensive due to the constant need to call and use service department" - to clarify there is no cost to resolve service issues, service whether onsite or by phone is free to all Echo subscribers, this is part of the service.

As of this morning we have not received the requested contact from the OP despite his invitation for us to review and resolve the matter. This could be because he's busy with the remainder of the holiday week or work. Nonetheless he has been a member here for 9 years so surely he knew about our forums, direct (one to one private) or public (where all may engage) but unfortunately did not utilize these resources before getting to this point, I truly wish he had reached out to me.

Unfortunately I cannot review the Customer Care part of the equation until he reaches out to me. This situation was preventable, had he reached out here it would have been resolved immediately along with any other concerns he might have had. The invitiation to review the entirety of the experience is still open should the OP decide to reach out to me for the benefit of learning from the experience.

Going forward the OP and any other reading this is invited to participate in either our public for direct forums when you have a service or technical concern at the links below.

Public Forums : »Bright House Networks

Private One to One (BHN Direct) : »Bright House Networks Direct
(You must register first before participating in BHN Direct)

jdohe3

join:2010-08-11
Seminole, FL

Massive problems with Brighthouse DNS servers

I have been battling with this for years, so I know what I'm talking about.

In normal operation, I get down/up speeds of about 85/5 but pages load VERY SLOWLY, and when in chats, the chat seizes up every 15 seconds.. and when viewing pictures in a gallery, they load quite slowly.

When I turn on my proxy service, I get down up speeds of 35/4 - which is considerably slower than the normal operation, BUT the pages load instantly.. the chats never seize up, and when viewing pictures in galleries, they load instantly.

Several months ago, after about a dozen service calls that did not fix the problem, they sent out their #1 tech who brought another guy with him. They tried various things to fix the problem that did not work, finally I overheard the #1 tech tell the other guy that he was going to "remove the block" whatever that means.. and that fixed the problem for months.. until recently. So now I am stuck using my proxy again.

It is not a software issue. I have two HP Laptops.. I will call them A and B. If A and B are both on the normal connection, they are both slow as mud. If I turn the proxy service on A, then the speedtest falls to half the normal speed, but everything goes 10 times faster without locking up. If I turn the proxy service on B, the same thing happens.

Now here is what really bothers me. If I take either laptop to a WIFI spot which uses Brighthouse service such as Publix or McDonalds, the speedtests are very slow, BUT.. the pages load very fast, the chat doesn't lock up, and pictures load quickly.

In other words.. something - probably related to the DNS servers - is blocking me.

So, my Brighthouse service is like having a NASCAR race car.. with the engine running at full speed.. with the brakes on!

In other words.. those speedtests don't mean squat. You can have all the bandwidth in the world, but if the DNS server is dragging it's heels, you might as well use dialup!

Re: Massive problems with Brighthouse DNS servers

so the problem goes away when you use different DNS servers ?

have you tried hardcoding the DNS servers on your router or PC

I use google and level3, another option is opendns

Google
8.8.8.8
8.8.4.4

Level 3
4.2.2.x x=1-6

although people are saying not to use it any more, I have it in the # 3 spot after google

OpenDns

I don't know but google does

Review by CFLTurbo See Profile

• Location: Altamonte Springs,Seminole,FL
Good "It works pretty good "
Bad "Price continues to grow and grow"
Overall "Decent internet service, but stick it to you later pricing in full effect !!!"

Originally ordered Turbo with HD TV one box no dvr

at the end of the first year price went up as expected, normal for intro pricing to go away

at the end of the 2nd year, another price hike, this was unexpected

work in private forums sales person contact, got a new package with same services that was supposed to NOT change. Now have a modem charge that I didn't before.

(To Clarify, the modem charge was removed for the November Bill since I installed my own modem, The rate increase was after the $4 modem fee was removed)

Later on Turbo disappeared, no biggie, got to add back the speed for $5 more a month for constant 30 meg instead of turbo

This was not suppose to change my price or package other than another $5 extra per month !!!

November 2014 Bill now an extra $10 a month for the same service I originally had for much less.

This not counting the $4 dollars they will add to the bill in January for the Digital adapters that are now required in central Florida.

My Bill is now approximately $40 higher than when I started for the same service.

Thinking about disconnecting the TV service to save money as this is getting ridiculous

Internet service has been decent only a few small outages over the past 4 years or so, some out of brighthouse control, (car hit pole for one)

If there was another option other than CenturyLink crappy copper I would be gone.

Bottom line, decent service but price just keeps going up and up and up and up, with no value added

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you...

For your reviewing your recent Bright House Networks experience. Several aspects of your post troubled me so I have addressed them as follows:

1) You are not paying a $4.00 modem fee at this time. When you added your own modem there is a few days of transition while billing adds the free modem code and removes the billed code. Your statement was reflective of that transition period. The partial fee was credited back as normal and you are not currently being billed for using your own modem

2) Deanna called you per my request. She explained to you that all of our packages have an expire date. There is no such thing as a perm rate with any provider including the one you previously worked for per that discussion, we are no different from that perspective. She also located a better rate which reduces your monthly to $115.40 down from the rate quoted in your review which expire in 12 months. You are free to take advantage of any offer that becomes available in the meantime or when your current offer expires.

3) You rated support very poorly yet did not provide examples that I could research as per my request to you via IM. Please provide details there when convenient for you.

As noted in my IM I am troubled that you didn't reach out to me when this happened after our first contact. Had I known there were additional concerns they would have been addressed as they were today. Going forward before assuming the worst would much appreciate you reaching out to me as you have in the past and at least giving me a chance to investigate and remedy as needed.

Re: Thank you...

Deanna explained that stick it to you later Pricing is industry standard, she admitted this. She actually used the words industry standard multiple times, so I guess you all are the same as all the other providers, modem/equipment prices will continue to go up, for below the line increases in revenue as is standard in the industry

When I originally started I had no modem charge, The second time they raised my rate, I came on here and opened a thread, you had someone contact me they put me into a package that wasn't supposed to change but had a modem fee, I accepted the offer, it started with a I believe $1 or $1.50 modem, over the course of about 2 years it made its way all the way to $4 when I had the modem charge removed last month.

What I consider Poor support.

Technical - My service was down one night, so I called, waited 20 minutes or so for Tier 1 support, messed around with them unplugging the modem and all, they needed to transfer me to Tier 2, 2nd rep comes on the phone, instantly says " They are doing maintenance in my area" . Really your frontline reps can't even pull up an Outage/Maintenance area.

2nd Tech

When I installed my own modem, The rep I got was able to program the modem fine all was good, but then he wanted to restart my laptop, I asked why, no answer, he goes so you are refusing to restart the computer, I said yes unless you can tell me why yes I am refusing. Maybe this is me being an a$$ because I have done support for a long time, but he never even asked anything about my environment, ie if I had a router etc.. so this was a little comical to me as restarting my laptop would have done nothing if the router needed to be power cycled.

Sales

I tried to resolve this issue myself twice with 2 different reps calling in. Was told by both that there was nothing they could do.

When I spoke with Deanna, she was nice, but she gave the feeling that I should feel lucky that I wasn't paying the full retail price of $150 for the services I had, I said for $150 I would cancel the TV

Also anyone with DTA's in Central Florida, price will be going up in January, me personally it will be at least $4 dollar increase because I have 2.

I will admit support via the forums has been great the issues are resolved quickly.

The internet service has been good always test at advertised speeds.

TV has worked fine as well.

It just gets old having to come on here every Year or 2 to and posting just to keep the price for the same service from going up and up.

This is just my experience YMMV

said by CFLTurbo:

The price isn't going up...you will start paying for them for the first time.

said by CFLTurbo:

The internet service has been good always test at advertised speeds.

TV has worked fine as well.

That is good to hear...

said by CFLTurbo:

The price isn't going up up up...your promotion expires and you step towards normal pricing. You may at any time take advantage of current promotions that better meet your needs.

paradigmfl

join:2005-07-16
·ooma
·Bright House Net..

Agreed on the price issue

I completely agree about the pricing. It tends to be higher than average. The pricing is good when on a promotion but watch out afterwards!! Also it is very hard to get a promo these days when already an existing customer.

For the longest time BHN did not have a modem charge. They added it a few years ago. Since competitors are now charging $8-$10 a month for modem rental I would not be surprised if they raise it further because "they feel they can".

It is a fact that many cable ISPs are raising internet rates to make up for cable TV "cord cutters".

Re: Agreed on the price issue

Yeah when I called in they told me it was good that I got my own modem because they were going to stop supplying non wifi modems and that the modem fee was going to go up to $10 a month

said by CFLTurbo:

Sorry but that is not the case....

Re: Agreed on the price issue

ok so look at who accessed my account before Deanna and coach them ...it was a male who I spoke with on the phone after I was transferred from tech support when I got the modem I bought programmed .

That person is the one who gave me the information , correct or not

I will review the call and address as needed....

That person is the one who gave me the information , correct or not

The last person you spoke with prior to Deanna was another female and that was not discussed. If you have a better approx date that would be helpful.

Re: Agreed on the price issue

I believe the record you are looking at is from when I returned the BHN modem to the retail store.

It would have been the only other male I spoke with other than the guy the activated the modem I bought.

In regards to price its funny how Deanna kept talking about industry standard of price going up every 12 months. the very next day the I received a Flyer from the local telco about 3 year price guarantee with no contract.

Gary, I am really over the whole deal, my price is acceptable for another 12 months, it just gets old doing this every year or 2.

The service itself I am happy with, the support I receive on here from you is great

The whole price fight just gets old, it seems Para just gets tired of the price going up every year so he switches, I get it.

It just seems like if you have a customer who pays the bill every month, in good standing it would be worth it to keep them, save the extra money(They pay you right ) then to create bad reviews, customer frustration, customers bouncing back and forth between providers and extra cost( ie calls to the customer service, your time, connecting\disconnecting customers etc) than to just not raise the price.

Maybe something you or I can fix that really burns my a$$ when you guys raise the bill is all the freaking full color flyers you mail out every month. I don't know maybe there is a way to opt out of the marketing mailings, but I know they are not cheap. If need more services I will call. maybe BHN can come up with a no snail mail spam credit or something :P

and Gary most importantly don't take any of this personally, all of the support I have received from you on here has been top notch, its just standard of this industry

DeadSurvivor
Entertainer
join:2013-09-03

Re: Agreed on the price issue

When I tried to lower my cable bill awhile back due to price hikes/increases, I was told by two different Customer Service Reps that I was still receiving a promo, albeit nearly $10.00 more per month. Eventually after numerous calls, I got the price lowered but the following month, the modem fee kicked in and months later, saw a rise once again ... On top of paying $8.00 per set-top box (I have two boxes which equals $16.00). Add in the $4.00 modem charge currently in place, I am paying $20.00 per month for what, at once time, was included with bundles at no extra charge. Each set-top is over 10 years old, it doesn't feel right paying $8.00x2 for 10+ year old equipment (or is it the norm?) ... Just something on my mind.
Goldust (FanPage) / B-Movie Trailers

Review by neonhomer See Profile

• Location: Edgewater,Volusia,FL
Good "Reliable connection 99% of the time..."
Bad "Pricing"
Overall "Better than DSL or Sattelite"

BHN is better than most other options. No rain fade, no contracts, and for the most part, the connectivity is rock solid...

Also, access to tech support through DSLR is a plus.

My only complaint is their pricing.

member for 11.1 years, 3081 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by sofast1 See Profile

• Location: Saint Petersburg,Pinellas,FL
Good "reliability"
Bad "The worst customer service possible. No one cares less about their customers."
Overall "If there was an alternative, I'd take it."

Bright House changed their pay online system. The result is that those who have more than one account can only access one single account. After hours on hold, I was told it would be fixed this weekend. Never Happened. Today I was told I would have to get a second email address for the second account. I said that was ridiculous. She said some guy in charge would call me. Never happened. Now I can't access either of my accounts online. I can see hours wasted on this again tomorrow. It's clear that they never ran a "beta". It's clear that whoever wrote the change should try to find something he's good at. It's clear that the person responsible for approving the change should be fired. It's clear that if they can't fix it in a week, these blockheads don't have a clue. High -tech company my ass.

WHAT'S REALLY CLEAR IS THAT WITH PHONES THAT NEVER GET ANSWERED,LIVE CHAT THAT NEVER WORKS,EMAILS THAT TAKE 'TIL THE NEXT DAY TO GET A REPLY,A PRESIDENT'S OFFICE THAT THINKS IT'S OKAY TO RESPOND TWO DAYS LATER.......BRIGHT HOUSE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS. THEY'RE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH WHEN THEY CALL YOU FRIEND.

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thank you....

For sharing your recent Bright House Networks experience. Now you found this site which means you know about our forums and direct forums here but have yet to give them a try to resolve these issues. Perhaps this would be a good time You may post here »Bright House Networks or for a one to one experience here »Bright House Networks Direct

Look forward to seeing you there...

sofast1

join:2011-12-14

Give them a try?

This has been going on for a week. They said it would be fixed last weekend. How can anyone give them a try when it takes 45 minutes to get a human on the phone or 24 hours to get an email reply? The fact that the president's office takes two days to respond proves that the worst possible customer service starts at the top. They created a problem where there was none and can't seem to fix it.

Review by genebopp See Profile

• Location: Winter Springs,Seminole,FL
Good "There is none. They make comcast look good."
Bad "The have come to my house 18 times in 3 years."
Overall "They cant make the equipment work"

Bright house is the worst utility that i have ever had. The service is flakey, customers service takes for ever. Each time they come to my house the tech says "not my job" and has to send a different guy. They use contractors for everything and the real BH guy only show up for trouble shooting, but performs no work. So next week you get to wait for a different guy. The most common thing that happens is the contractor claims you weren't home so he left. They have said that twice while I was standing in the drive way cleaning my car.... TWICE. The phone people are full of promises but they cant make their stuff work. If there is any alternative in your area take that!!!

Comments:

twalls

join:2014-06-11

1 recommendation

Direct Forums

I've had a couple of bad techs as well. If you still have specific issues that need fixing, I'd advise you let BHNtechXpert know on the direct forums here:

»Bright House Networks Direct

These are private forums for Bright House customers to sort out issues, so posting customer info, etc. is safe there. Gary is an employee of Bright House and not a contractor through a third-party. He's helped me with several issues, and I've been happy with Bright House as a result. I will admit that I prefer to use my own equipment, so I probably avoid some of the issues you're running into. While they should be able to make their equipment work, I find being able to use my own stuff and not pay the monthly fees one of the benefits of having BHN. Best of luck to you!

Review by Michael_D See Profile

• Location: Indianapolis,Marion,IN
Good "Reliable and fast service"
Bad "Overpriced, poor "
Overall "No other choices for cable, but the service isn't bad."

As with many customers, I was surprised when my rates increased due to an expiring promotion with no notification. Supposedly they were on the paper/PDF bills but those aren't e-mailed to customers, and if you do AutoPay you never see them unless you proactively log in to their web site to check.

Once the rental fees increased on the provided (very old) cable modem, I sent it back and purchased my own Motorola Surfboard SB6141. My speeds immediately increased 5-10 Mbps with the new modem, without having any service changed.

Some time later, while moving, I switched to Lightning service since I had a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that was on their supported modem list (a plus for providing the list). However, they still insisted a (contractor) technician come out to do the setup. The technician seemed unskilled and in fact did not set things up correctly. I had to work through support (via this site!) to get the setup fixed when slow download speeds were the symptom.

I currently pay $54/month for standard Internet service (up from $52 when I first wrote this review) and $50/month extra for Lightning 90 Mbps service. Brighthouse still can't quite compete on speed with the other cable franchise in different areas of the city (Comcast) can get speeds at 105 Mbps, for the same price. It's unfortunate that the structure of broadband providers make Internet service so expensive and so slow in the United States, compared to the rest of the world. If I were living in Paris, I'd have a 100 Mbps fiber connection and pay US $35 per month. But that's not wholly the responsibility of Bright House, but the stagnant innovation in the space for the US.

I do not subscribe to any packages or promotions. Very disappointed that pricing is not provided on their web site, and the Indianapolis market does not allow online ordering apparently. Everything must be done the old fashioned way via telephone.

Overall, the Internet service itself is fast and reliable, but the company can be very archaic in many ways, stuck in the last century.

member for 2.1 years, 148 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

BHNtechXpert

Thanks...

Michael please email me a copy of your statement showing the incorrect contact information that you referenced in your review and I will get it taken care of.

Review by alexkcontact See Profile

• Location: Melbourne,Brevard,FL
Overall "If there is any other ISP choice in your area, go with it."

Quality of service below market standard usually, and absolutely horrific lately with frequent downtimes, interruptions and high latency periods for the last couple of months.
Attached is a snapshot of what my connection looked like for the last 3 months.

Comments:

Berges

@70.127.37.x

The email for bright house has always sucked but now they have been up and down with no service for over 4 days. Their technicians must be complete morons. Don't they understand that some of us do business via email. I highly recommend NOT using their email services

Pinging Google...

And getting responses like this isn't always an indicator of a service issue. If you are serious about having a service concern reach out to me here in our direct »Bright House Networks Direct forums and I will take a look.

twalls

join:2014-06-11

Contact Tech Support?

It is hard to take reviews like this seriously when you don't talk about any attempts to actually resolve the issue. Could there be an issue with bad cabling/noise interference at your residence, how has tech support tried to remedy the situation, etc.? Showing a screenshot of you pinging something and occasionally not getting a response also leaves so many questions unanswered that it does little to add to the review. Is the other end of the connection having problems, is there any customer-owned equipment involved (like a separate wireless router) that might be having problems, etc.?

I've had bad experiences in the past as well, with all of the big names in the area. Most of the time, it is caused by problems with signal strength or the wiring at where I was living at the time. That said, I call support and get it fixed. The real question is what kind of support do you get in resolving the issue. That's what sets one ISP apart from the other. One place has local support and sends someone in a reasonably short amount of time. The other requires three calls to India and me having to unplug the modem before someone will finally come out. I know who I'm sticking with...

fred1963

@108.9.197.x

Goodbye brighthouse

I dropped brighthouse after i upgraded my cable speeds. I was having multiple issues, no connection. I had my computer hooked up via Ethernet cable and when i would call they were always asking about wifi. I explained it is not hooked up to wifi but the tech couldn't understand that. My upstairs RoKu box couldn't receive a signal at all; the router was about eight feet away. They told me it was because of the building construction but I am able to see my neighbors wifi? Finally switch to FIOS; no problems since day one.