callwithus page on DSLReports

Review by gbh2o See Profile

• Location: Longs,Horry,SC
Good "Variety of services. Simple management. Good Prices and solid performance"
Bad "No 'plans'? Naw, that doesn't count!"
Overall "Great for BYOD and asterisk-type users."

·Future Nine Corp..
·VOIPO
20140215 - UPDATE - More features and flexibility. Still the same reliable VoSP.

20131004 - UPDATE - Bump... keeps taking over more of my outbound traffic just due to reliability and flexibility. First choice when another carrier's routing goes substandard on me.

20130327 - UPDATE - Bump... what else can I say? Just plain GREAT!!!

20121117 - UPDATE - CWU just keeps getting better and better, yet still maintains a simple, easy to use website.

20120522 UPDATE - BUMP. Hmm, just see my previous comments. I expect to keep using CWU for many years to come!

20111209 - UPDATE - Hmm, just see my previous comments. I expect to keep using CWU for many years to come!

20110604 - UPDATE - What a GREAT way to do business. Simple terms, rock-solid service and flexibility.

20110131 UPDATE - The real no BS deal. Even more features and flexibility as time passes, while maintaining the same GREAT service and reliability.

20101112 UPDATE - Still no BS, just great rock-solid service.

20100310 UPDATE - CallWithUs is dedicated to providing the best service that they choose to offer! Unique for their simplicity of web view, backed with solid performance. Perfect for those that like to roll-their-own systems and understand a little bit of what they are doing. Don't expect any BS or small talk. GREAT!

20091101 UPDATE - CallWithUs just gets better with age. Better prices and features.

20090407 UPDATE - The best Terms of Service and philosophy, without a doubt, for BYOD users. Robust feature support. Well-designed web site, with lots of good information and examples. Value and reliability together.

20090109 UPDATE - CWU just keeps getting better!

20080617 UPDATE - Still getting everything I expect! Great reliability, service and quality with reasonable prices. I am amazed at just how flexible they have made the services offered.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

CallWithUs (CWU) is not for those seeking a standard' or flat-rate service plan. It is oriented to those who would use bring-your-own-devices [BYOD] or centralized PBX software like asterisk.

Personally, I found the CallWithUs website refreshingly simple and wonderfully usable and functional! Tech support knows their business and provided insightful assistance when requested. On-line setup instructions and generous examples are great.

I really appreciate the ability to choose the amount of 'risk' acceptable by using different levels of VoIP vendors supplying them with numbers. I have found that the numerical rating assigned by CWU may also reflect the expected quality and reliability of service from that 'level' of vendor. I have had no service problems since signing with them.

There are no hidden government taxes or BS fees to boost their bottom line. What you see is what you pay. I find their rates quite reasonable.

Their services just work reliably.

member for 13.3 years, 4668 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

PRBS

@bell.ca

lol

Sooo, you don't work there do you. lol.
gbh2o

join:2000-12-18
Greenville, NC
·Future Nine Corp..

Re: lol

said by PRBS :

Sooo, you don't work there do you. lol.

It is hard to take an anonymous users' question seriously, but no I do not work the CWU. I believe anyone that made the tiny effort to use the search function could discover that.

If you are just a troll... be gone with you!

Review by yahoo2003 See Profile

• Location: Mclean,Fairfax,VA
Good "Great rates for US and international, great service and customer support"
Overall "Must have PAYG provier for residential and business"

·Anveo
My wife has been using CWU as main provider for international and business calls, she has made 2650 calls during the last 7 months and she has been very happy about the quality, reliability and cost. Caller Name/ID for her business have always been working.

Made over 1700 personal, business and international calls during the last 5 months with no issues, just added another $25. Technical support has been great.

No issues after 3 months for a small business and for international calls. Rates are great for both US and International calls.

My wife has been using CWU for a month for a small business, no voice quality or reliability issues.
The best PAYG rates for US and international calls.
Customer service is very knowledgeable, and very prompt (always within few minutes).
Web interface is excellent, you can configure almost anything desirable for VOIP, e.g., adding sub-accounts, change SIP password, set CID for every sub-account, set max rates, length and cost.
I highly recommend CWU as main or backup provider for US and international calls, for residential and business users.

(10/26/2012) Everything has been working great for about 2 year

(2/15/2012) Great serivce and price.

Comments:

Review by Igorella See Profile

• Location: Thornhill,ON
Good "Very affordable VOIP provider, quick email tech support,many price/quality choices"
Bad "No specific fax over IP protocols"
Overall "Highly recommended if fax is of no concern"

After several years with Callwithus I am one satisfied customer. My service consists of 4 voip accounts, 2 DID numbers (UK and Canada), local dial-in number for long distance calls from mobile or offsite (supports caller ID detection for pinless calling), automatic account refill option. My hardware is Lynksys SPA2101 (2 incoming DID lines) plus softphones on Android, Windows, iPhone and Mac. The only desirable feature I could not use is faxing over IP, but thay is a common VOIP problem. Tech support recommended use of the premium routing for fax, but I could not use it as their commands for dial prefixes interfere with SPA2101 (or any other Cisco/Linksys/Sapura switch). All in all great and very cheap choice IMHO.

Comments:

Review by steve1111 See Profile

• Location: New York,New York,NY
Good "Excellent Tech support"
Bad "website design is not the best"
Overall "Good for outgoing Voip calls"

Callwithus provides outgoing Voip calls. There are no regular monthly costs and there is no contract. They charge one cent a minute in the US, ($0.00991) PAYG and BYOD. The service is reliable, the sound quality of the call is good and the tech support is competent and prompt. They take pride in the humbleness of their website: it looks like it was designed by kids - to keep things simple.

They do not provide E911 (which I do not need as I have a PSTN phone) and they do not provide a US DID. Incoming calls can be received into a phone registered with a CWU account by Sip forwarding. During the DDOS attacks and Hurricane Sandy, I had incoming calls from my Callcentric DID forwarded to my CWU Sip address.

I have been a satisfied Callwithus customer for three years.

Updated August 2012 - Their per-minute price has dropped from 0.00991 to 0.0095. CWU is keeping up its standards and I am happy with the service.

Updated January 2013 CWU provides a screen to look up a phone number in North America. It tells you the name of the caller (CNAM), the carrier and the location.

NYC Dec 1 2013. I am happy with the service and I recommend this provider.

Comments:

ymhee_bcex
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
·PHONE POWER

US DID

quote:
they do not provide a US DID
Well, technically true, but nothing prevents you from forwarding IPKall DID to CWU's servers. So, if you register your device with CWU, you can receive calls on a Washington state DID.

Obviously, CWU doesn't have control over IPKall, so if IPKall stop providing DIDs, the quoted statement will be not only technically true - but also practically true.
Technical problems are more often than not management incompetence masquerading as technical issues

·Clear Wireless

Agreed.

Unfortunately, since CWU doesn't port numbers directly, it can be inconvenient. My favorite function is CWU as a discount outgoing and fallback incoming carrier.

I used CWU as our outgoing carrier for awhile, with CallCentric as the incoming. That worked fine. However, with business at present, agent funds have covered all my CC costs. So CWU is there as a backup.

CWU gets the job done pretty well, and if I ever lose connection to CC (like in the event of a DDoS attack)... Calls forward to CWU and back to me... so the phones keep working.

Review by PX Eliezer See Profile

• Location: Outland
Good "Solid no-frills VoIP calling service, value-priced"
Bad "No number porting or 911"
Overall "Good VoIP service especially for outbound, international, PBX/Asterisk, and backup use"

·Callcentric
Call With Us is not fancy, nor does it have lots of features, but it is a reliable SIP-friendly service.

Strengths are value pricing, outbound calling, international calls, and for use by the PBX/Asterisk crowd.

The North American Number Lookup is an excellent tool for looking up which LEC serves a particular phone number, and if available it also tells the CNAM. The data is updated quickly. There is a very small charge per lookup.

A very good provider overall.

member for 1.1 years, 679 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

callwithus

They could create some decent payment options. That Pay Pal is a deal breaker.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
join:2009-06-21
Planet Earth

said by cb14:

They could create some decent payment options.

You can pay with PayPal, Dwolla and credit cards. It's even possible to set up auto refill with credit cards.

What more do you need?

The only missing payment option is BitCoin.
My VoIP News

·T-Mobile US
·magicjack.com

said by Arne Bolen See Profile

[/bquote :

Their not so great web site does not mention credit cards. I will be happy to be proven wrong here.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
join:2009-06-21
Planet Earth

2 edits

said by cb14:

It's between PayPal and "Pay from US bank account.", see screenshot below. I hope this is enough to make you happy.

My VoIP News

Re: callwithus

I have used CWU as an alternate/backup provider a year or so ago. I have little to complain about the service, it worked right after a quick chat with support... and it is sure affordable.

The website isn't very appealing though...

Review by gagamba See Profile

Good "Good call quality at reasonable prices"

May 2013
Invoices almost 4,000 USD
- very satisfied with the services. Thanks CallWithUs.

2013 update review:
Invoices - TOTAL = 3,253 USD
we are very satisfied with CallWithUs.
You guys are cool!

2012
Have been with them for around 2 years now. They are definitely one of those few voip providers that offer quality, low cost and honest services. With our business projections, our calls are definitely going to increase in the future as well, we are thankful that there is CallWithUs that assures us that our international calling will be on a business level quality while helping us keep our operating cost lower.

Comments:

VexorgTR

·Clear Wireless

You must call LOTS!

CallWithUs is pretty low cost.... you must run a call center to see invoices like that!

CallWithUs is indeed a fair choice for low cost calling. Decent quality audio, decent connect times.... makes for a Very good value. Customer support is helpful too.

Review by PX Eliezer7 See Profile

• Location: Hutt River
Good "Good quality service at great rates."
Bad "No 911, no porting."
Overall "Excellent choice for the tech-oriented customer; solid no-frills provider."

·Optimum Voice
·Vitelity VOIP
I have been using them for a few years now. Things work well, nothing much to say. Service is good, rates are very good, no monthly fees.

Many people use CWU specifically for international calls, sometimes as a backup carrier.

Note that 911 service is not provided, so you do need another arrangement for that! There is also a $ 1 monthly charge if you want voicemail.

CWU is not for those who want a turnkey solution. Folks do need to be intimate with their ATA and router devices. The website is functional but basic. (No call forwarding, for example, because you are expected to use your own ATA or Asterisk to arrange that).

They also have a North America Number Lookup function for a small fee, the best around at telling which CLEC controls a phone number. Usually the caller ID name is available as well, again, very accurate.

CWU offers a connection through VPN which can be very useful if you are in a country that tries to block VoIP.

For those who are experienced users, CWU can be an excellent part of a balanced Voip program. I think that their biggest strength is outbound calling, worldwide.

member for 5.7 years, 2568 visits, last login: 1.2 years ago

Comments:

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
join:2009-06-15
START Today!

About USA DIDs

I checked, during making this thread :

»VoIP Port-In (LNP) Lookups, NXX Registrants, Rate Centres

and it seems that they must have again started offering USA DIDs, as it looked like they were included in CWU's DID lookup page that day.
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
·Optimum Voice
·Vitelity VOIP

Re: About USA DIDs

No, that may have been a glitch, but unfortunately they do NOT offer inbound phone numbers (DID) in the USA.

However, DID's from another provider (a paid one such as Voip.MS or a free one such as IPKall) may be freely forwarded into a CallWithUs account.
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

US DID numbers

CWU again offers US DID numbers to US residents, though the monthly price and the charges for inbound minutes vary depending on the number selected.

Review by garys_2k See Profile

• Location: Farmington,Oakland,MI
Good "Great call quality, ability to set my CID"
Bad "Not much, a fantastic niche player"
Overall "My new outbound backup provider!"

·Callcentric
I setup CWU to be my default outgoing provider while enduring Callcentric's DDoS and hurricane Sandy issues and they were fantastic. The ability to set my CID to my Callcentric DID was very helpful and, while using them, experienced NO dropped calls, misdials or other VOIP oddities. They just worked!

Setup was easy! Opened an account, set my outbound CID to my desired number and set Callcentric to SIP-forward my incoming calls to CWU. Set my ATA to register to them and I was good to go.

Nice job, Callwithus!

member for 9.9 years, 3526 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by VexorgTR See Profile

• Location: Sheffield Lake,Lorain,OH
Good "Super Cheap Pricing!"
Bad "No Number Porting, Limited DID choice."
Overall "Makes a nice auxiliary line"

If you are looking to get some dirt cheap long distance, or add an auxiliary line, Callwithus works ok for that. for a BYOD, their site has decent instructions, but it takes a little reading to be sure you know what's going on.

The pricing makes it a great deal, but lack of 911, and being able to port numbers to it, leaves them as a choice for an auxiliary line. As a first line, it would not be my choice, but to have a second or third line to call out on, it's PERFECT for that. When price matters more than features and numbers, Give CallWithUs a Try.

Comments:

Review by Arne Bolen See Profile

• Location: Planet Earth
Good "Direct audio path for best audio quality"
Overall "Low rates and high quality"

·Callcentric
The direct audio path from the carrier is something I really like with CallWithUs.

Another good feature is that I can choose which carrier to use for outbound calls.

Call rates are very low especially to European cell phones.

Excellent web portal.