PHONE POWER page on DSLReports

Review by watmore See Profile

• Location: Minneapolis,Hennepin,MN
Good "Inexpensive, Outgoing Name Caller ID, easy install"
Bad "Cannot call out to a rural phone exchange in evenings"
Overall "Great usually, wish I could consistently call numbers in this rural exchange"

Phone Power works great usually. As I stated they are one of the few VOIP providers that send caller ID name on outgoing calls. This means that people I call see my number and my NAME. This is good thing for us and something most of the other VOIP providers don't offer, they only send your number.

This summer we have had problems calling our summer house, which has a POTS line, using our Phone Power phone line from home. Calls would not go through or those on the other end could not hear us. It occurred mostly in the evening. During the day it seemed like the calls would go through fine.

I did call customer service and they said it was most likely a "call routing problem". In fairness I never took the time to "trouble shoot" with them as I was usually at the summer house when it was happening and they wanted me to be using my phone power phone.

There does seem to be a problem with some VOIP providers connecting to rural telephone exchanges. I learned this by searching the web. It is frustrating to not be able to call these numbers using Phone Power.

Other than this very frustrating issue, the service is great.

Comments:
Stewart

join:2005-07-13

Calling rural numbers

Most likely, the trouble calling your summer place relates to the termination carrier chosen for those calls, so it would likely also appear if you used the Phonepower softphone or mobile app to troubleshoot. If you don't have good broadband Internet access at your summer home, see if you can replicate the problem using click-to-call from your mobile. Any of those should help Phonepower see what's wrong.

If you can't get the problem fixed, use an intermediate provider as a workaround. For example, call your Google Voice number, get to the main menu, press 2 to make a call, then dial your summer home. Services such as Localphone and Rebtel, though not free, are easier to use -- once set up, you call a local number and it rings your summer place directly. Assuming that the rural location is not "on net", Localphone would be $0.007 per minute.
PX Eliezer
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric

Maybe a longshot but....

Are the people at your summer home using cordless phones?

If so, is the location of the handset any different in the evening compared to the day?

For example, in the daytime picking up the call on a handset in the kitchen or den, near the base station for the cordless phone.

Whereas at night, picking up the call on a handset in the bedroom or on the patio, further away from the base station?
watmore

join:2007-07-27
La Pointe, WI
·PHONE POWER

Re: Maybe a longshot but....

Hi PX Eliezer, First thank you for your thoughts about my issue and secondly, I apologize for not responding sooner.

Concerning my issue of my Phone Power phone located in the city being unable to connect to my POTS line at our rural vacation home:

I know it is not a cordless phone issue as we have both hardwired and cordless phones at the vacation house and only hardwired phones at home.

When placing an outgoing call using Phonepower and a hardwired phone, during the call it would often not even indicate the number called (our vacation POTS line) was ringing. Sometimes we heard a strange ringing sound. The call however, never went through. When we used our MagicJack at the same location to call our POTS line at our vacation home, the call went right through and we were able to connect. The same success at the same location using our Verizon cell phone.

So I really think it is a PhonePower issue.

Again thank you so much for responding and trying to help. I really appreciate it.

Review by russb52 See Profile

• Location: Port Orchard,Kitsap,WA
Good "call quality, Reliability,Features, Generous amount of minutes in thier unlimited plan"
Bad "Slow in implementing new features, Sometimes stock response to a trouble ticket"
Overall "Great service never had any issues"

·Callcentric
I have been a customer of PhonePower for over 4 years now. I originally signed up in July of 2010. The service has been great I have had almost no issues and have only had to contact customer service a few times. One of the reasons I chose PhonePower was back then I had a 13 year old daughter (she is 17 now) she talked on the phone a lot. PhonePower has the most generous amount of minutes of all the providers in their unlimited plan 5,000 minutes a month outgoing, Totally unlimited incoming, Totally unlimited toll-free I can confirm this is true by logging in to my account portal and checking minute usage only outgoing is counted. Voipo and ooma also have a stated 5,000 minute limit but it is a total of incoming + outgoing + toll-free so Phonepower is great if you are a heavy user.

I pay $16.92 a month (yearly prepay) this price includes tax My daughter got an unlimited plan on her cellphone and Never uses the house phone anymore. Me and my wife both have cell phones with cricket (now owned by at&t wireless) for $25 amonth unlimited talk & text so unfortunately the PhonePower line does not get as used much any more some months we don't even use 500 minutes but I am going to keep my house phone I am 53 years old and grew up in an era where every house had a landline.

I am using my own SPA 2102 adapter BYOD using sip credentials. Some things I don't like about phonepower is they promise features and then never implement them. For instance their ICM (incoming call manager) is a very sophisticated feature to manage incoming calls. The feature is very powerful but poorly written and far to complicated than it should be and it has been in BETA for 3 YEARS. They have also promised a feature to send you the caller id name of the person that you have saved in your contact list instead of what the phone company sends This feature was going to happen within weeks That was over a year ago it never happened.

All in all I am very happy with phonepower and everything just works very well

Comments:

Review by topgun See Profile

• Location: Plattsburgh,Clinton,NY
Good "Excellent tech support, Features we love, Saying GBye to Verizon :)"
Bad "No flux capicator\Mr Fusion to re-do past conversations :("
Overall "Best mix of support, features, and reliability I have found"

·VOIPO
Been a customer for 4 1/2 years now through thick and thin. I have seen the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. The main complaints I have read are dealing with the Incoming Call Manager (ICM) on the newer Aquarius network. That is to be expected because peeps are impatient and even though they were told repeatedly that ICM is\was in BETA they still expect everything to work flawlessly. Of course when it doesn't it; the Taylor Trolls come out from under the bridge and we all know misery likes company on the internet hence the smear reviews.

Got my hands on the new Innomedia MTA-6328 about 6 months ago and have been loving it. Provisions in less the 30 seconds and since PhonePower can securely tunnel into for support issues the End User experience is much more enjoyable. Much better then the old HT-502 which I would almost forget I was using VoIP until I would have to reboot it for my phone service to work every week or two. Not a big deal mostly just a PITA. Now I don't even think about me using VoIP it just works

I can usually reach a Tier 1 tech within an 10 minutes and depending how busy they are a Tier 2 within 1-12 hours. It really depends on how swamped they get. Like most businesses the best time to call is early in the mourning or late afternoon.

If I find anything more out I'll add it; as always thanks for reading any comments are welcome!

--update-

Been a customer since 12/3/2008 so I'll be going on my forth year this winter. Originally had a buy one year get a year free deal. Now they keep throwing my peeps & I renewal specials for being a valued customers. 3

Originally ported my # from Verizon and it was dumb luck the port went through within the hour of receiving my Grandstream HT-502. Any problems I experienced with voice quality was do to Verizon DSL (they switched to me another router @ the CO) about a year into my PP service.

Reliability has been outstanding I only remember 2 multi-hour outages, one from a router going bad and the other a major DOS attack. It can\does happen to every telephone service provider I have been with including Verizon (s!@t happens). To bad some jealous competitors try to make a failed smear campaign from it »bit.ly/L4ogIF

I have watched them grow from the older (Capricorn) network to (Aquarius) which has more advanced call routing, filtering, fail-over, etc. Been loving the new Android app (still in BETA) along with many others in the PhonePower forum. Despite all the growth they still make you feel like your not just a number and will call me back just to make sure a ticket was resolved. When I first signed up I knew allot of the staff by name, with their tremendous growth not so easy anymore but hey it keeps my brain working.

Just now got off the phone with support and they answered withing 5 minutes! Since I'm using their new Innomedia ATA I confirmed that with tech support that they can access my device with no problems. Which is good if they ever needed to Troubleshoot anything related to the intertubes. My ole Grandstream was and still is a great rock solid ATA and served me well but for whatever reason the new Innomedia has cleared up some latency issues.

Rated Website 75% - Although the backend works fine for everyone I know; it could be a little more streamlined\intuitive for newbs but definitely not a deal breaker. I'm hoping the new ICM will include a nice slick polished GUI all geeks\newbs alike want. Aquarius is definitely a BIG improvement from Capricorn!

Ease of Installation 75% - Lets face it 100% Plug N Play Residential VoIP would be like us humans talking to our computers like they do in Star Trek (not happening). PhonePower makes it as painless as possible with clear directions, tech support, FAQ, etc. If you are purchasing PP you may need to get your feet wet doing some trouble shooting, opening ports, etc. I had to call tech support to help me out with above ^ again not a deal breaker. Just be aware when using any VoIP service you may have occasional minor hiccups.

Call Quality 100% - PP does not control the public internet or my ISP I can't fault them for the one in every 50 calls not being perfect. With people using VoIP, cell phones, old aging copper, elusive payphones, rating something so subjective with so many variables just does not seem fair to me. Far as I'm concerned PP has cleared the bar enough times so they get perfect from me.

Reliability 100% - For how long I have been a customer vs. how much downtime I have experienced due to acts beyond their control I'm not complaining. My ISP has many more outages! Every time I had to call 911 the call was routed properly and the E911 worked flawlessly.

Tech Support 100% - Call them yourself and ask them questions, don't take my word?

Value for money 100% - Ask your cable company, Landline, Wireless Carrier, etc. if they can give you all the features PP offers for 20\month or less. That's all I have to say about that..hehe

Comments:

achezzz

@optonline.net

Phone Power is terrible at this point.

If they don't fix my problem I'm going to slam them on the internet. Been going on for a week now.

join:2007-07-20

Re: Phone Power is terrible at this point.

Can you PM me your account info and I can look in to what is going on?

Review by opus74 See Profile

• Location: Coello,Franklin,IL
Good "Excellent service using an Obihai device"
Bad "None yet"
Overall "For $3 month, this is great."

Google voice dropped support for the Obihai protocool.
Phone Power still supports it. Signed up for Obihai-Lite, they issued a number, ported my Google Voice number, set up a voice mail box all within 24 hours. Required me to reboot my Obihai. Done.
Works perfectly for 4 months now.
All done online. No problems. As a bonus they masked my outgoing calls to still show my Google Voice #.
There are no international calls included, doesn't affect me.
So far, so good!

member for 12.7 years, 3896 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by guhuna See Profile

• Location: Antioch,Contra Costa,CA
Good "When it works it works great"
Bad "When it doesn it takes them MONTHS to figure it out."
Overall "Stay away for now."

I've been with PP for over 5 years now and have had awesome service until late, lately they've had months worth of "one way audio" issues that the engineers are trying to resolve. Honestly I'm over this audio issue and am looking for another provider as I type this. There are numerous others that have this same issue and all seem to be jumping ship. I honestly cant figure out why it takes months to figure an issue out, you'd think they would have a backup plan.

member for 13.6 years, 7206 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
w9sl

join:2001-08-18
Castle Rock, CO

Phone Power problem continues....

Just to let others know, the PP one way audio problem continues and effects virtually all of my inbound calls. if this isn't resolved immediately I'm outa here.
Am considering Anveo, does anyone have experience with them?

Review by ronny_b See Profile

• Location: Saint Louis,Saint Louis City,MO
Good "Nothing, unless you like nightmares."
Bad "Worked for one evening, then nothing."
Overall "PhonePower is capable of excellent service, but badly botched this operation."

Let me start off by saying that I have had service with PhonePower for several years, and performance has always been excellent. Not so when I signed up with their new Obi-PhonePower service.

This service would save me a worthwhile amount off the monthly fee I had been paying, so I leaped right in. Signup was easy, almost instant, and service excellent (while it lasted.) Which turned out to be one evening.

I put in a ticket requesting that the DID on the old account be transferred to the new account, then the old account was to be cancelled. Sounds easy, right?

Next morning, I received email telling me the number had successfully been transferred, and as soon as I rebooted the PhonePower ATA, i would be good to go. That ATA had been disconnected - I was using the Obi. Nevertheless, I hooked it up and rebooted both the ATA and the Obi. Nothing. The phone on the new account had stopped working BEFORE i went through this. Same with the old account (which was supposed to happen.) To me, it seemed that some over-zealous employee had cancelled BOTH accounts, since I could not sign into either on the PP web site. No problem, a call to customer service will clear that up Yeah, right.

First off, the CS who took the call told me that Billing handles number ports, and transferred me. Short conversation with Billing, then transferred back to CS. Different operator.

He first took control of my computer. No idea what he did. Then he had me go to the Obi web site and click on the "Approved Service Providers" button on the Obi Dashboard. Next. click on PhonePower, as if I were signing up Scroll down the page, find two boxes for choosing device and SP slot. It was installed on the Obi 110, SP 2, so that is what I chose. Next, click on a large button captioned "restore existing account". I clicked, and a message came up informing me that the requested page could not be found, an suggesting that I check the URL Same thing that comes up when I sign into either account. After about 1-2 hours, he gave up.

Next day - encore performance. That's where it stands now, except that PP put an unauthorized charge on my debit card for $99 and change because I have not yet returned their ATA.

I really would like to get this resolved because, as I said earlier, PP is capable of excellent service. Perhaps a simple solution would be to cancel the account, refund the money I paid for a year of service, and then let me sign up again - providing my phone number is not lost somewhere.

UPDATE - 5-24-2014

i can't say whether PP read my review, since they have not contacted me.

However, today, I once again tried going to the "Approved Service Providers" in the Obitalk dashboard. This time, when I selected PP, it told me to sign into my account. Something new! Previously when I attempted to sign in, a window would come up with an error message to the effect that the desired destination could not be found.

Hurriedly, I signed in - A message appeared, atating that I needed to resync the Obe 110 with PP. A button was provided for this task. I clicked, then glanced over at the Obi. Red light! It was re-booting! As soon as all the lights seemed OK, I dialed **2 (for PP) and the local time and temp number. I worked! Next, called my cell phone to verify the CID. Sure enough, it was the number I had requested to be transferred to this account. Made a few more calls, and all seemed well.

Recall, when I first signed up for this account, it worked for one evening and the next morning was kaput. Let's hope it lasts longer this time!

(Just kidding, PP - I don't know what you did, but if you fixed it, I'm sure it will stay fixed.)

member for 10.1 years, 2339 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by UnknownOne See Profile

• Location: US
Good "Outbound calls good! Very little down time. Clear calls."
Bad "Allot of people can't call me! "
Overall "People think my number is disconnected! Unhappy!"

I was with Voip your life for a few years, started to have so much down time I gave up. Switched to phonepower this past spring all in all I was happy. But over the last several months I have had more and more problems with people calling me. I have a 50% chance of the call from my work to get to me. The get the message "number has been disconnected". I have called PP support, and they tell me the problem is they are not even getting the call routed to them. There is nothing they can do to fix it.

I then call my log distance carrier at my work. I actually get someone that knows what they are doing, presto it works! for a few weeks. I ask them what is the problem. They tell me that PP is rejecting the call. And they have to re-route the call over a different connection and the PP will except it! What? It is actually PP fault?

More research! Church members can't call me from there home number. Sure enough the county where my church members live (just this one county) can't call my home both on there land line or on there cell phone. When I am at church, I can't call my home, from my cell!

Now when I drive to work I drive through another county. Guess what!!! When I am in this specific county, I can't call home, but when I am at work I can call home with no problem on my cell phone. Verizon (cell carrier) is no help, they just tell me that the problem is with PP!

Everyone get's the same message "this number has been disconnected"

What gives?

I had this number ported from VYLMedia to PP this last spring! Is it possible the calls are still getting routed to VYLMedia?

Is it possible the PP to keep costs down, are rejecting some companies from allowing inbound calls?

No one seems to have an answer!

----------------------

Update! 1/25/14

After posting this, phone power gave me a call as requested. The support person told me that he was assigned to me to get this issue resolved. He was very nice, and spent several hours with me testing and working with friends to perform test calls. He even called me back at strange times just get get me when my cell phone would be in an area that not work.

He was shocked, and at first was trying to blame the cell carrier, then Vonage, and other phone carriers. He told me he would research it and get back to me. I kept telling him there can't be this many companies that the problem is on all of there ends.

Several weeks passed, still no call. So about Mid December I called him back, he was not available, but did find my support ticket. That new tech told me they where still working on it, and hoped to have my account changed over to a new carrier that coming Friday! Fantastic! So I waited to see.

The following week, I made a few calls and could not get it to mess up. I then got a call from the origional support person and he told me about the change and that should fix my problem. I told him I would test it out.

Well I have now tested it out for about 4 weeks. And have not been able to get a single call to fail. It's now seems perfect! Not sure what switching to a new "carrier" does, but why could they not figure that out the first time? Because of this I have moved my "Tech Support" from worst to Average. Phone power would have gotten "best" if they had fixed this the first time.

I still plan on calling phone power back and thanking that tech person and letting them know that all is well.

--------------
Update 5.21.2014

The fix only lasted about two months. I have been hoping that the problem would go away again, but it has not. We are done. I am planning and currently looking at other providers to see what all is out there. It's a shame that phone power can't get a number to work correctly.

member for 1 year, 7 visits, last login: 138 days ago

Comments:

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

idea

This can happen when number porting isn't done completely or correctly. Usually support channels can fix it if you get through to someone smart.

Re: idea

Yes, this could be true. And I think could be the problem. But who do I call to fix this the old company VYLMeda or PP?

Inbound Call Routing

This usually has to do with the way certain carriers route there calls. In some cases carriers may only use one path to get their calls out to the world. If that path is outdated or not maintained problems like this can occur. In regards to PP rejecting inbound calls there is no cost associated with us accepting a call so there isn't any benefit.

If we can find a commonality in the phone numbers of the callers who can't reach you we may be able to identify who the problem carrier is. PM me your account info and I will locate the support ticket and have someone get in touch with you.

Re: Inbound Call Routing

Yes there is allot in common! (all counties are in Illinois state)
Lawrence, Richland, Clay County Cell phones (At&T and Verizon) Do not work.

Land land line phones in the same area also seem not to work.

Vonage user in Maryland tried calling me just yesterday. About 4 times every time same thing. (I would assume all Vonage users could not call me then) Never got it to work. He called my cell and I called him back on PP no problem.

Wabash County, can't call from my work some times. As stated in my post above. I had to call them up. I forget the Long Distance Carrier's name but I can get that for you.

My cell phone is Verizon. It's almost imposable for me to make a call from the the three counties I listed above. But I can make calls just fine on my cell phone from Wabash and Crawford County.

There is nothing in common with the phone numbers that can't call me. Seems Completely random. But the physical location of where the call is coming from makes a big difference!

I can PM you some of the phone numbers if that helps.

In regards to the support ticket. When I first started to have this problem I was able to log into the PP website and I could see the call come in. But I would get the message that the number was disconnected. Your tech support people insisted that the problem was inside my house. And also insisted that the problem was because I am using a Cat 6 cable wiring through my house and not a normal phone cable to go to my phone. I asked why would my VM not even pick up even if my phone here at home was screwed up. He could not answer that.

After more testing and more calls. He could not find anything wrong, and insisted that it was the long distance carrier because we could never make the calls show up in my call list and still give the recording. Your tech people could no longer see the incoming call at all.

That is when i called up the long distance carrier for my work phone. They then did something (re-directed the calls or something) and it worked for a short time. Now we are back to the same issue again.

To troubleshoot this issue I will not be changing anything in my house. There is nothing wrong in my house, cabling or anything like that!

Got an idea!

I was just logged into my PP "MyAccount" and noticed I have my ported number. Also a "Virtual Number" (not ported) both numbers call my house.

If I drive to the area that does not work with my cell phone. Meaning when I call with my cell phone to my Home (ported) number I will get the recording. Then try to call the Virtual Number. And see if that works or not. Would that help? Would that confirm if the problem has to do with a bad port or not?

If that works. Who in the world can fix the Port issue?

Alittlegreen

join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC
·TekSavvy DSL
·Future Nine Corp..

Re: Got an idea!

Hey UnknownOne, Is there any reason why you've stuck it out that long with PP? I'm just wondering, if you've been getting this much run around, why not switch?
There seems to be quite a few solid providers out there such as CallCentric, Future-Nine, VoIP.ms, etc... and all of these guys can be paid on a monthly basis.

My take on it is that if your previous provider never had issues delivering inbound calls, why is it acceptable for your new provider? What ever excuse they come up with is up to them to resolve. especially seeing as how your only variable in this equation is them. EVERYTHING else is status quo. And seeing as how you've already been more patient than most would ever be, I may be time to start looking for a new ITSP.

Re: Got an idea!

I work IT at a Hospital. I must admit I can see both sides of the problems and try to work with someone when I can. For the most part I am so busy at my work I just don't have time to deal with it.

I had so many problems with my former company that I switch over from. All of these problems went away, Dropped calls, Bad quality, etc. The only issue I had with PhonePower was this very strange only some people could not call in. So it was allot better service then what I have had in the past.

Now I am in the process of switching over to Call Centric. Just waiting for my ATA from eBay, and my number to finish porting.

So far Call Centric seems to have better support even though I never talk to them.

I will say I have tracked down the problem specifically to the phone number it's self. I only have problems with the number I ported over to PhonePower. I never have a problem with with the phone number that PhonePower gave me.

Very very strange. I just hope that one number for whatever reason is not the issue and in turn I will have the same problems with Call Centric! If that is the case I will report back here.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

Re: Got an idea!

It's been almost two months since you indicated you were in the process of switching to CC. Does the miscreant number work now?

Re: Got an idea!

I am now with CallCentric for over a month or two. Works perfectly. Every call every time no problems! Will never go back. CC is a little more pricy, but the service is good, fantastic support even though it's only email based, they seem to know what they are talking about.

The hardest part was I had to modify my ATA to unlock it. I screwed up and got a locked model off of ebay. But after I got it unlocked, I followed there step by step directions on configuring it and it worked perfectly.

I had to enable one setting on my ATA that fixed a problem where I was not getting calls, it was persistent NAT. Once I make this one change it worked all the time now. The NAT was dropping on my Cisco 1841 router. Most home owners would just place the ATA in front of there router, but because of my network setup I have to place it behind it.

Very very happy....

Review by humbledman See Profile

• Location: Bellaire,Belmont,OH
Good "affordable long distance"
Bad "no incoming Caller I.D."
Overall "enroll in a Networking Academy"

When I made local calls, I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. So I programmed a static route between my OBi110 and the WAN, which solved the problem. They advertised incoming Caller I.D. but it was non existent. I signed up with Caller I.D. through my land line connection, so finally that works. They count minutes for outgoing local calls so I wired a switch to toggle between my land line local service and internet long distance. Everything is set up the way I want it now, so my $34.99/year 300 minutes/month goes to long distance and the rest is for local and unlimited incoming calls.

What a nightmare.

Comments:

PhonePwrTech

Incoming Caller ID

We do support incoming caller ID. When a call comes in to our network if there isn't any live caller ID information present we perform a look up against one of the national databases and append the information that was obtained in the look up.

Here is a brief write up from our wiki which details how caller ID works

»www.phonepower.com/wiki/How_Caller_ID_Works

Review by spoirier See Profile

• Location: Clawson,Oakland,MI
Good "Easy to setup through Obihai"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Seems like a good deal"

Update: 2014-04-24 - Wife called Thailand and talked for 42 minutes. Total charge shown on PhonePower web site says it cost 0.73 cents. She told me that it sounded just fine.

Since Google Voice will not work with my Obihai after May 15th I decided to use a special deal PhonePower is offering, »www.phonepower.com/Obihai_info.aspx. The plan I chose costs $34.99 for 12 months and includes taxes/surcharges. It provides 300 minutes of outbound calls and unlimited inbound.

Spoke with with Tech Support about an issue I had on the web site. Got connected to a person in a couple of minutes. They were polite and helpful.

Comments:

RJD12

@vt-group.com

Phone Power

This is a poor company to get hooked up with. If there were a service or a product that worked, it would be different. Unfortunately I got tired of trying to get their service to work and let it sit for a year. My own fault. I think I was told this or it was in writing somewhere, but I never thought of it again: they renew your service without notifying you. Then you can't stop it without a $200 penalty. the time is 2 years in my case. I decided to eat the $99 cancellation fee (prorated from $200)to get rid of them. For no service I get the privilege of returning their "leased equipment " at my expense.

Use them at your own risk.
taoman54

join:2013-09-13
Seattle, WA

Phone Power: So far so good

Had them for only a month but so far they have been quite good. I also went for the $35/year "Obi" plan with unlimited incoming and 300/month outgoing. Excellent call quality and latency and real live people to talk to 7 days a week for customer support. Luckily, I haven't needed to contact CS as everything has worked perfectly so far.

Hard to beat this price/value ratio.

Review by sarah1967 See Profile

• Location: Oakland,Alameda,CA
Good "easy order and install. u can pick your telephone number"
Overall "solid reliable service from someone who's been on a while now."

ordering and install was simple. I like the fact you can pick your number from a list of 20. I wish they had toll free numbers to choose from. But a customer service rep said they will soon. I've run my business from the service for a couple months now and it's been a good service. I originally signed up on the cheapest plan, but was happy enough to switch to the annual. They will let you upgrade to one of their other new customer promotional plans, but only in the first 30 days.

UPDATE: Its been quite a while and I'm still happy with choosing Phone Power. Call quality is at least as good as my old telco line. When they started offering toll free numbers (one of my original griefs), I got one for $5 per month. Very pleased customer. I upgraded the website from 4 to 5. The web-based call routing options are very helpful.

I Recently received an email that they are giving everyone one hour of international calling for free every month now. Thanks for the holiday gift Phone Power!

October 23, 2010 - update. Service is still top notch. But if anyone from phone power management reads these, please port your softphone to work with macs!

7-15-10: I've been using the PP softphone they provide when I travel, and it works pretty well. I've even gotten it to work over the Starbucks Wifi (not the clearest connection though). But I'd rather just have an iPhone app. I've been pestering them for this for a while now, and finally someone told me they will be coming out with one in a couple months! PP, please make me a beta tester!

April 14, 2014 - I was on here researching other stuff but thought I would give an update. Still solid service. The only issues I ever have seem to be around my flaky internet connection. They seem to be making steady improvements on their Android app, and I've used it overseas with fairly good results.