PCINW page on DSLReports

Review by JDC69 See Profile

• Location: Oakridge,Lane,OR
  • Telco party Qwest
Good "Honestly there are none"
Bad "They are way over subscribed and don't have nearly enough bandwidth to cover it."
Overall "DO NOT CHOOSE THEM AS AN ISP UNLESS YOU WANT DOWNLOAD SPEEDS EQUAL TO OR LESS THEN DIAL UP!!!!"

I changed to this ISP after meeting with one of their network admins at a local meeting they were holding locally to explain how they were going to provide access to a local fiber backbone which they were awarded a contract to manage. The guy straight up lied to me about several things including latency and overall speed. He guaranteed me that my latency would be much lower and that I would get speeds that were closer to what my package promised.

They had a difficult time getting my service switched over and once they did my download speed immediately dropped to about what I was getting on dial up. When I called them I got someone in tech support one time and they said there was an error configuring my account it would be resolved. Well it never was and on my next call I got someone in sales who stated that the error was in the billing and that the price for service to keep my current package was going to be more. I asked if that would change my speed and was told no. I sent them speed test results daily until I finally got an email back from someone in sales stating that the speeds I was getting were totally normal and acceptable and that no one had ever guaranteed me anything. She went on to explain in the email that if I wanted guaranteed speeds I could purchase a business package at around $1200 per month. Well to make a long story short I switched my ISP to QWEST and have been much happier since. If you are selecting an ISP for service on QWEST lines go with QWEST.

On a side note the access to the local fiber was supposed to be available in April of 2004. To this day they have not provided local citizens with access to the fiber which was a result of a public grant. They have made excuses about not being able to acquire land suitable for their wireless antenna as a reason. I call B.S. on this, I think they are instead selling the bandwidth for web hosting instead of providing it to locals, which would be just as lucrative while reducing the amount of tech support they would need to provide.

member for 11.3 years, 715 visits, last login: a few hours ago