Callcentric page on DSLReports

Review by russb52 See Profile

• Location: Port Orchard,Kitsap,WA
Good "Callcentric has saved me a lot of money over the last couple years"
Bad "Please get a west coast server for customer who live west of the rockies"
Overall "I am very happy with them"

·PHONE POWER
I am very happy with callcentric and their awesome service. They are saving me $30 - $40 a month maybe more and if I add that up over almost 2 years that's a lot of money. I have 2 VOIP Providers callcentric and Phonepower and I like them both. I use callcentric to make international calls.

My wife came to the U.S. in 1991 she is originally from the Philippines. She still has family back there although half of her family lives in the U.S. My mother-in-law lived in the U.S. for 26 years and 2 years ago at age 77 decided to move back to the Philippines to live out the rest of her years. Then came the problem, my wife likes to call her mom a lot but the Phone cards from the asian store are a rippoff and would say 100 minutes for $5 but you only get 20 min. We tried localphone, rebtel, and youtelo and they were better than the phone cards but were still at 11 cents a minute it would add up fast and I found myself paying $40 a month.

I searched for a solution and found callcentric's “IP Freedom “ account which is FREE. I own a lot of SPA 2102's so I created an account and configured 2 SPA's one for us here and one for my mother-in-law in the Philippines. We sent it to her with instructions on how to set it up and it works great. My mother-in law has dsl thru PLDT 1 Mbt down 250 Kbt up and voice quality is great. Since then we have sent two other configured SPA's to the Philippines to her sisters. One works, the other sister is using Globe dsl and can't get it to work.

My wife has 4 siblings in the U.S. and we sent configured SPA's to all of them. I also got my mother-in-law a NY DID that callcentric offers at NO CHARGE so all of us can call her on our cell phones. I feel grateful to callcentric for giving us this service for free. I put money on my mother-in-laws account so she can call any U.S. number and told her to please use it so callcentric can make a little money. She uses about $3 a month.

I can only think of two things Callcentric can improve on :

1. Get a west coast server for customers that live west of the rockies. I live near Seattle and the ping times to callcenteric can be between 70-110ms. Other voip companies have multiple severs. As a matter of fact my ping time to ViaTalk (a New York Company) are only 18ms at lightspeed.vtoc.net

2. The woman's voice used in announcements and voice-mail is pleasant but amateur sounding. I wonder if callcentric, instead of hiring a professional voice person just used an employee with a nice sounding voice. Her voice is ok but not professional or business-like in my opinion.

To wrap up this review callcentric is great and has lots of features great voice quality I highly reccomend.

Comments:

Review by bblesse See Profile

• Location: USA
Good "ymmv"
Bad "Expensive service for things I do not need"
Overall "Expensive service for things I do not need, ymmv"

Callcentric is a reliable service and calls made with it usually sound as good as voip gets. Its confirm by entering '1' for simultaneous calls is excellent, and the 'enter 1 to continue' is an effective telemarketer stopper.

The problem for me is that it is too expensive for what you get. Some numbers were gone over in a recent thread and they sound about right to me when I consider how much more I pay to Callcentric compared to what I pay to Voip.ms.

Offhand, CC is about twice as expensive for me as Voip.ms, and the supposed extras that you get in CC don't cut the mustard. Some of the things mentioned in the thread were:

Free NY City DID: I don't know anybody in NYC and have no use for a DID there.

Dirt Cheap DIDs: They do not have any where I would want them and I do not need more than the 1 DID I have in any case.

Americans at the support desk: I prefer to use the form to report problems and do not care if the person on the other end has an accent, as long as he knows his stuff and can type reasonably clear English.

The one-minute charge interval rather than a six-second charge interval does not make any difference to an average user: It makes a difference to me, since probably 40 percent or more of my calls are less than a minute long.

What CC does not have is an IVR, and its call treatments are clumsy.

Comments:

crazyk4952
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter

Here we go again....

Why does it seem that most of the poor ratings for Callcentric come from people that are new to DSLReports? Also, they seem to only compare Callcentric to voip.ms. Why? There are MANY other voip companies.

OP's main issue seems to be price. So, why not compare Callcentric to someone like Localphone? They are even cheaper than voip.ms. In fact, perhaps OP needs to write a negative review of voip.ms since their rates are twice of Localphone!!
/scarcasm

Voip.MS office in Mexico

/scarcasm

Excellent points!

But you forgot one:

These drive-by reviews (set in a universe populated only by CallCentric, Voip.MS, and sometimes Anveo) invariably come on a weekend. Holiday weekends are even better.

As you say, Voip.MS is very expensive compared to Localphone, Vestalink, and some other providers. So maybe there should be some reviews highlighting that Voip.MS is very expensive.

As it happens, however, it all depends on usage.

CallCentric has outbound calling packages (such as 500 minute and 1000 minute, with 911 cost included). Voip.MS does not, it is strictly PAYG. Thus for some users CallCentric will be cheaper and Voip.MS will be more expensive.

There is no doubt that Voip.MS has some price advantage in Canada. Being that Canada is only 1/10 of the North American market, though....

Voip.MS is also able to keep costs down by running some operations in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula. The company name in Mexico is Intercan Holdings S.A. de C.V.
OzarkEdge

join:2014-02-23

said by PX Eliezer:

Is their affiliation with Mexico such a bad thing? I wonder if you would be less fond of CC if they were not located in your Northeast backyard.

OE

said by OzarkEdge:

said by PX Eliezer:

1) I'd be just as happy if CallCentric were in Tallahassee or Toronto, Salt Lake City or Saskatoon.

2) That Voip.MS have extensive ops in Mexico is directly related to the issue of lower costs, which is always highlighted by their advocates. So it's fair comment.

-----

I have no problem with sincere, legitimate reviews, and I'll leave it there.
bblesse

join:2014-08-29

said by PX Eliezer:

You say it is 'fair comment' to tell us that they have a Mexican affiliation, as if having that means something bad. You even included a picture as if we are supposed to be shocked.

Red Hazard
join:2012-07-21
O Fallon, IL
Thanks PX. When my VOIPo contract expires and switches to $15/mo despite my low usage, I'll be looking for a new ITSP. ONE consideration will be their footprint in the USA.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
join:2008-07-21
That picture isn't really appropriate and it feels a bit creepy. To make things clear, only a small part of our technical support staff is located in Mexico, to help keep costs down for the responsive technical support with such a low price, and so that we can position ourself in a very aggressive market. We have a big presence within the latin american market and half of that Mexico team consists of expatriates (Canadian and American folks running the show).

Carriers, contracts, sellers, switches, data centers, management, company headquarters, and more, are all located in the USA and Canada. North American people and companies are pocketing the profit and paying respective taxes to USA (USAF) and Canada. We aren't an offshore company. Hope that helps.

PS: The computer you're using to post this is probably made in Taiwan or China. Cheers
Martin - VoiP.ms

·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
Just to clarify, I do not want to sound like I think there is something wrong with voip.ms or Localphone. Callcentric, voip.ms and Localphone all provide good service.

It's nice that the voip market is competitive which is very good for us customers. There are many providers with different prices, features, and levels of support. It's great that we have so many choices and can pick the right provider for our needs.

said by crazyk4952:

....Callcentric, voip.ms and Localphone all provide good service.

Agreed, which is why reviews such as this one are not particularly helpful and are actually damaging to the competitor that is ostensibly being praised.
OzarkEdge

join:2014-02-23
said by crazyk4952:

In the OP's defense, his CC observations do not appear to be false or unqualified; and, the DSLR 'system' pesters new members to review something/anything, no matter your qualifications or bias.

These reviews are no different than any other forum post... you have to discover the facts and draw your own conclusions over time.

OE
bblesse

join:2014-08-29
·Callcentric
:OP's main issue seems to be price.

Not at all. Did you not read what I said: 'it is too expensive for what you get'?

I want reliability and decent sound first of all, then the bells and whistles like IVR and sophisticated call-handling. Then price. Callcentric is ok for reliability and sound, but the rest of what it offers for the most part falls behind Voip.ms, and is not worth the money when somebody like Voip.ms is around.
wideglide36

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
·Future Nine Corp..

Call off the dogs

I agree with OE.

I see nothing wrong with what the OP wrote and I'm a fan of Callcentric's.

It seems like as soon as you write anything negative at all about any of the favorite providers discussed on here, that the dogs are unleashed.

What does it matter how long you have been a member on here? I've been a member here for ten years and my thoughts or personal reviews should have no more merit than a member who signed up yesterday. Now, I realize that there are those who just sign up to trash a competitor or are just a disgruntled customer, but that surely isn't the case very often. I really doubt it's the case with the OP.

In my case, I share the OP's view when it comes to costs at CC vs Voip.ms. CC is almost twice as much as Voip.ms, so Voip.ms is my main provider. Everyone's case is different though, and some folks might find that CC is cheaper for their needs.

As far as where an outfit is based? I really don't care if they're based in the trunk of a car in Madagascar as long as it works.

CC vs Voip.ms is a pretty tough call in a lot of areas.

Callcentric sure has a perdy website though.......................
Mango
What router are you using?
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
·AcroVoice
·Shaw

2 recommendations

Re: Call off the dogs

said by wideglide36:

Now, I realize that there are those who just sign up to trash

That's what some of the posters in this thread believe.

There are a handful of uncharacteristically poor reviews for Callcentric, left by a new user who rarely if ever returns to the forum, and who complains about Callcentric's lack of IVR. In most cases, the same reviewer leaves a perfect review for VoIP.ms.

While theoretically possible, it is unlikely that so many new users have the exact same opinion.
CatsEyeX

join:2014-08-20
Alton, IL

Happy with Callcentric

I have only had Callcentric for a few weeks now, but other than my account getting flagged for fraud every time I tried to add a credit card or add money to my balance, I have been very happy with the service.

They were able to port phone numbers from Twilio for me and they are the first company which has ever been successful in doing that. The two others that I tried, Google Voice and Ring.to failed in porting. GV won't even try to port from Twilio.

I particularly love the telemarketer block. I know that something similar could be done with an IVR setup, but can an IVR tell the caller to push a random number between 1 and 9 like the telemarketer block at Callcentric will?

Review by Chuck66 See Profile

• Location: Mount Royal,Gloucester,NJ
Good "Extremely Cheap"
Bad "Sometimes call quality suffers"
Overall "Pretty happy with new provider"

I switched from VoipO. I was happy with their service, I was just looking for something cheaper since we rarely use the phone.
Overall very happy with the switch. I saving a significance amount of money with the pay as you go plan.

member for 10.4 years, 2034 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by aldo See Profile

Good "Good sound, almost always works"
Bad "No IVR, clumsy call handling, expensive"
Overall "Clumsy, expensive"

They can't reliably route calls: An IVR is necessary to route calls the way I want them routed and Callcentric has no IVR. Their Call Treatments are simplistic compared to Voip.Ms.

Their tech support can't provide proper support: They cant support something their company does not have.

Value for money is not so good: Both Voip.Ms and Anveo have figured out how to do what I need and have been offering it for years.

Another problem for me is that they are a bit pricey: 1.98 cents per minute to call out, $3.95 to setup up a DID, $1.95 per month to maintain the DID.

Comments:
PX Eliezer

Outbound calling plans and IVR

You commented: [A smaller problem for me is that they are a bit pricey....]

Many/most customers can benefit from their 500 minute and 1000 minute outbound calling plans, which also bundle in the 911 cost.

As for the IVR, this will indeed be a useful and formidable feature when they finish their meticulous development and testing. You are quite right about that.

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL
·T-Mobile US
·localphone.com
·Google Voice

Re: Outbound calling plans and IVR

While CC is a bit pricey indeed but one thing which has to be considered is the flexibility of plans. It gives you a wide variety of pricing options, more than some other providers. Also, you do not have to use CC exclusively. GV, Localphone and others can be used for a part of your outgoing calls, or providers like Alcazar for toll free calling.
rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
Gee, another CallCentric is "okay ... but" review by a new guy who's only other review is 100% for voip.ms. Boy, I've never seen that pattern before.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace

You have got it wrong!

A smaller problem for me is that they are a bit pricey: $00.198 per minute to call out

Their rate is NOT $00.198 per minute, it's $0.0198 per minute.
My VoIP News
Outland

Re: You have got it wrong!

Good pickup Arne!
slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·Callcentric

You can fudge an IVR if you have an Obi device

If you have an Obi device (or maybe another ATA that has the capability to register to more than one VoIP provider at the same time), you can go into the Callcentric portal and create a second sub-account (extension). You can then setup a second SP slot on your Obi device (Obi100/Obi110/Obi202/Obi200/etc.) to log into Callcentric using the sub-account's SIP credentials. You would then setup the second SP's InboundCallRoute to send all incoming calls to the Obi Auto Attendant.

Then go into your Callcentric account and add a Call Treatment to route any caller not in your Phone Book to the second sub-account (extension). Then go to obitalk.com and bring up the page where you setup/config your Obi. Then go to Voice Service -> Auto Attendant and clear the NumberOnNoInput field, then save this change.

Voila... you've now got a telemarketing robocall blocker that will allow a human dialer to press 1 to get though to ring the phone(s) connected to your Obi but will hang up if 1 isn't pressed after a few seconds. And your phones will just simply ring if anyone in your Phone Book calls- they won't get the Auto Attendant.

EDIT: I should add that this is just simply a workaround until Callcentric gets their IVR up and going, hopefully soon. The downside to this is that I had to boot Google Voice off of the SP1 slot on my Obi110. Also, the Obi Auto Attendant has an issue with passing calls from anonymous callers after they press 1- my Obi110 hangs up when I pick up the phone.
Livadia

join:2007-12-18
Canada

On blocking telemarketers

It seems Callcentric provides the option for requesting the caller to press '1' before the call is accepted. Look at the 'Call Treatments' then select the 'Simultaneous Ringing'.

I have not tried it, though.

1 recommendation

Rabbit season, Duck season, Silly season.

said by aldo:

Reliability and having an IVR are two different issues. And CallCentric is far, far from the only VoIP provider that does not yet have an IVR.

said by aldo:

Their tech support is outstanding. That they may not have a feature you want is a different issue.

said by aldo:

You first posted your negative review of CC almost a year ago. Because other providers meet your needs better, why are you still using CallCentric?

And IF you are NOT still using CallCentric, then you should not be posting an updated review.

Is there some flaw in my logic?

said by aldo:

They have a variety of inbound plans (even including free numbers) and a variety of outbound plans. The 1.98 cents is a PAYG rate whereas most users will find their 500 or 1000 minute outbound plans (which also include 911) to be more economical. (Voip.MS has no outbound calling bundles, totally PAYG).

But you are right, Voip.MS has some very cheap rates. Partly they achieve that by providing some tech support from Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
Mango
What router are you using?
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
·AcroVoice
·Shaw

2 recommendations

Suspicious review

1) Some months ago, an individual or individuals posted a large number of similarly-worded reviews, praising VoIP.ms, and denouncing Callcentric.

2) The reviews were so similar that the moderators removed the majority of them.

3) The user aldo See Profile posted reviews with similar language to 1) in September, but with an 83% rating for Callcentric - thereby avoiding having the reviews removed.

4) aldo has now lowered the Callcentric review's score to 58%, even though in November 2013, Callcentric released the Telemarketer Block feature that performs to his specifications.

Clearly, this user's reviews are not genuine. If they were, the individual would have increased his scores when the feature he wanted was released, not decreased them.

Review by batfell See Profile

• Location: Ann Arbor,Washtenaw,MI
Bad "Simplistic, expensive"
Overall "There are better yet cheaper voip providers"

2014 08 02
Not much to change. They are ok but charge too much for what they provide.

2013 05 31
I am glad to say that CC is getting out of the doldrums and has put in sub-accounts, and they say they are working on an IVR of some sort. Good for them.

If they keep this up, I may consider using them for more than a backup.

Update 2012 12 24
Callcentric continues to be reliable and to sound good. I use it for
occasional outgoing calls, and as a backup if my main vosp, voip.ms,
should fail, which hasn't yet happened.

But every year that goes by shows Callcentric looking clunkier and
stodgier, with its poor call-handling, and that it is unlikely to
change any time soon.

Update 2012 05 23
Callcentric continues to be a decent service, but one that is kind
of clunky and simple-minded. The website has gotten better, though.

I use it for a backup, which I never need, but I have a few dollars
in it so might as well keep the credentials.

Original Review
I have been trying Callcentric as a second line for a few months and
it is not bad but nothing to write home about.

It is like a slightly shabby corner store that has the basic food -
the milk, bread, etc., but that you do not go to unless you ran
out of something at the last minute and can not get to the super
market.

The website is pretty good, and suited to the features it offers.

The features are the problem. CC does a basic job and even has
disa and callback.

What it does not have, or has in an inferior way are:

Simplistic callerid processing. I would have to spend all
day setting up the callerid routing that I can do within minutes
using Voipo, Voip.ms, or Anveo.

No IVR. An amazing lack. Even 2 years ago, the lack of an
IVR would not condemn a voip provider to the second-tier category,
but not having one at this point in voip development marks CC as
fit only for the most undemanding users.

And when I say 'IVR', I am including the call flow processing
that goes with it, things like a time condition, another IVR, call
forwarding, sip url, ring group, etc.

CC has some of these, usually in a rudimentary form compared
to the three voip providers mentioned above.

Its calling rates and monthly DID charge are rather expensive. On
the other hand, it allows you to set up a free account and then
call CC to CC for no charge.

If you are someone who will never grow out of a simplistic voip
provider, then CC is for you; if you are someone who will grow out
of that and will grow into a provider with up-to-date features, then
give CC a pass.

Comments:
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

Hmmmm.

I have used around 10-12 providers and consider myself pretty experienced in VoIP.

There is no doubt that if you need IVR or subaccounts, then CC is not for you.

But aside from that, they are a very complete provider, known for high reliability and great customer service.

For most purposes, I much prefer the CallCentric dashboard to that of Voip.MS

For example, I can one-click from the list of received calls to create a pre-populated phone book entry, or create a pre-populated call treatment.

After you posted your review, CallCentric introduced additional outbound calling plans. They are [not] the cheapest provider, they do not intend to be, but they are competitive and they give fine service.

Review by edsmith See Profile

• Location: Cordova,Walker,AL
Good "No Problems"
Bad "Expensive"
Overall "Is it Worth it?"

Callcentric does a good job for me but it is a bit expensive. If I make or receive no calls in a month, I still have to pay $1.95 to keep the DID and $1.50 for 911. That's $3.45 just to keep things going.

If I make a call, it is 1.98 cents per minute. If I receive a call, it is 1.5 cents per minute.

Compare that with Voip.MS, which charges $1.00 to keep the DID and $1.50 for 911. That adds up to $2.50 per month, a savings of $1.45 per month over Callcentric.

And calling out using Voip.MS is 1 cent per minute, and the same for incoming calls.

And Callcentric charges by the minute, so if I make a 30-second call, I am charged for a full minute or 1.98 cents. Voip.MS charges in 6-second increments, so for the 30-second call I would be charged for half a minute or one-half of a cent. Since most of the calls I make are less than a minute in length, the difference per month is pretty large.

Is Callcentric worth what it costs? I'm not sure it is.

Comments:
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

Tangled web

You've mentioned several providers in your CallCentric review:

voip.ms
anveo
voipo
callcentric

And simultaneously posted a glowing review of Voip.MS

---------------------------------------------

The truth is that all providers have pros and cons.

Voip.MS seems to have many issues lately with inbound calls and with servers. Also, Voip.MS has no flat-rate outbound calling plans or inbound fax server, CallCentric has both.

Anveo is very confusing in the opinion of many people, both in terms of their service plans and in terms of how to use it.

Voipo is a fine company, but they are not big on call treatments, and they are not BYOD friendly at all. I can't see how you would compare them to CallCentric, they are very different products.

CallCentric in many ways is easier to use than Voip.MS. For example, I can take a call that's listed on the list of 40 most recent incoming calls, and with a couple of clicks make a phonebook entry or create a call treatment. I can't do that with Voip.MS, everything is much more cumbersome with them.

And CallCentric's call forwarding is better than Voip.MS's when it comes to cellphones, because CallCentric has a "press 1 to answer" feature that Voip.MS lacks even though many Voip.MS customers have long asked for it, and it's been on the VMS project list for over a year. This should be especially important to you in Alabama where there are so many Mobile phones....

CallCentric also provides many free services, and easily handles free calls between customers. I can't say that of Voip.MS. And as noted, by using CallCentric outbound calling plans, the price for CC compared to Voip.MS is quite similar in the US market.

As I see it, Voip.MS has three advantages for those who need it:

a) Cheaper in the Canadian outbound market.
b) IVR.
c) Subaccounts.

But CallCentric has a great deal to offer as well, and in many ways is superior. Many things that Voip.MS has were developed at CallCentric first, such as the country-by-country security settings. And CC has auto-refill options and many other features that Voip.MS lacks.
Expand your moderator at work
nitzan
join:2008-02-27

Ridiculous.

I don't know if it's the fault of GV+Obihai going mainstream, or perhaps Localphone and other bottom-of-the-barrel providers, but it seems like some people expect providers to work for free these days. Look- you can't have it both ways - either you pay for quality service and support, or you don't get it. You can't judge a quality provider by price alone, especially not when the difference is less than the cost of a Starbucks.

Providers need to get paid or they go out of business - that simple. CallCentric wasn't "expensive" a few years ago - so why is it now? the race to the bottom isn't good for providers, but it isn't good for consumers either because no provider can offer quality and support at bottom-barrel prices.

Review by fizzboz See Profile

• Location: Park,Gove,KS
Overall "Clumsy, lacking in important basics"

update on july 20
Callcentric is still usable as a backup service, but it just does not have some of the things I think of as essential in a voip service, such as an IVR and an easy-to-use way to route incoming calls.

For example, with Voip.ms, I can specify that calls from certain incoming numbers be answered until 4pm, and for others until 8pm, and for others at any time, and I can do it with just a few entries.

With Callcentric, I would have to have 21 call treatments, 7 for each group of numbers. And if, for example, I want to have other kinds of routing for weekends, it would mean 42 call treatments. Very inadequate.

And Callcentric has no IVR. With Voip.ms, I am able to allow family and friends easy and cheap phone access to one another without them even needing voip.

Reliability is not so good: no IVR means callers can not reliably connect. Absurdly complex call treatments leave too much room for error - poor reliability.

Tech support is not so great either: You complain about missing features and they say they cant do anything about it.

Not so good value for money: with Voip.ms and Anveo running the pants off Callcentric as far as IVR and call routing, what value? And it costs more! Stay away is my advice.

A Long Time Ago

Pretty good. The service seems solid. It is a clumsy, limited kind of
service as far as features go. Maybe the addition of sub-accounts
will make it more attractive.

I do not like the lack of redundant servers, geographically
separated, and really do not like the attitude that Callcentric
knows best that showed up after the hurricane in October.

It is not just that their setup is difficult, as I understand it, to replicate
at several locations, but that their attitude, as expressed on this forum,
is that such redundancy is not even needed.

The bit about 'such a storm will only happen once in 100 years'
does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the resilience of
a voip provider with its servers in one place.

Comments:

Review by sinjun See Profile

• Location: Wichita,Sedgwick,KS
Overall "OK as a backup. Not sure if I would use it for more than that"

Sounds good, but expensive. No IVR so no fine control over how to handle calls. No geographical redundancy so have a slight Sandynag. Time control in call preferences is awkward, needing 7 entries when it should have needed only one if it had been properly designed. I will continue to use it as a payg backup until the money in it runs out, and decide then whether or not to renew.

Comments:

crazyk4952

54% is a bit harsh

While you have some valid points, I do believe that a 54% rating is pretty harsh.

Pros and Cons

Every provider has pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses.

I can make ANY provider look bad by just listing selected weaknesses and not listing their strengths, which is is exactly what has been done here.

-----

As for cost by the way, many customers do better with flat-rate outbound plans (which include 911) rather than the PAYG plan. Similarly the flat-rate inbound plans can be a good bargain for many customers especially the inbound Office plan.

wcweaver

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
·Future Nine Corp..

Different view

The reviewer is most definitely entitled to his opinion of the service.

Of course my opinion would be a little different.

I would think most people would at least rate their web site much higher than 50%.

I think their website is probably the easiest to navigate than all the others. I would rate it at 150%. It really is that good.

Voip.ms which is my main provider, would come in at a distant second as far as sites are concerned.

As far as costs, sure they could probably lower them a little, but for the services they provide, it's embarrassing to even ask.

As PX said, they all have their pros and cons, but CC probably has a lot more pros.

Just my thoughts......

·localphone.com
·Google Voice

Re: Different view

said by wideglide36:

This is once again an example why I would prefer not to have those rating charts.
As PX mentioned, it's just a list of negatives without one positive. And BTW, only the lack of geographical redundancy is a serious negative.
Their web site is industry standard, straight 100%. When somebody gives it a 50% mark you know that you do not even have to read the review.

Review by u475700 See Profile

• Location: Danbury,Fairfield,CT
Good "Outstanding reliability, quality and support"
Bad "Some rates might be higher than other providers"
Overall "VoIP at its very best!"

Update 08/14/2014
Currently have five accounts with Callcentric. Pleased with the features, reliability and support.

Update 03/15/2011
Callcentric continues to enhance their service in response to requests from customers with the addition of the ten latest features in January. The quality and reliability especially to Eastern Europe has been outstanding. This is VoIP at its very best!

Update 11/08/2010
The quality and reliability of the service since my last update six months ago continues to be outstanding!

Update 04/28/2010
It's been one year since I switched to Callcentric. The service and support have been outstanding! My only regret now was that I didn't switch to Callcentric sooner!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Original Review

I was a VoicePulse customer for five years before switching to Callcentric six months ago because VoicePulse wasn’t able to resolve the chronic difficulties that I had with some IVR systems. Although I happened to encounter a similar problem with one IVR system using Callcentric, their Technical Support resolved it in all of thirteen minutes! That was especially impressive given that VoicePulse floundered for more six months before they finally admitted that a resolution was unlikely to be forthcoming.

Although Callcentric might not be the lowest cost provider, I’m certainly willing to pay the small premium for the reliability, quality and support. I also like the additional features with Callcentric that VoicePulse simply didn't offer. The LNP request for my existing number from VoicePulse to Callcentric took less than ten minutes to prepare and submit.

Features:

Offer four outgoing rate plans without any commitment. I currently have the North America Unlimited plan with unlimited calls to the United States including Puerto Rico and Canada for $19.95 per month.
BYOD – many adapters are supported.
Flexible provisions for payment.
Peering – SipBroker and iNum are supported.
Web dashboard is very convenient.
Caller ID with Name for incoming calls.
Extensive call treatments - My favorite call treatment redirects my least favorite caller via SipBroker to the captured by monkeys test message from Blueface in Ireland (**275*266300). I also have a second DID so a relative without high speed Internet can make calls to Poland via speed dial at a substantially lower cost than direct dial.
Reporting

Notes:

Calls forwarded (other than via SipBroker) and third party calls are billed at the prevailing per call rate regardless of the plan.
Statements and call records are only available online for three months. You need to periodically archive them if you wish to retain them.
There is a safeguard terminate calls at two hours.
Numbers dialed are expected to begin with a 1. I revised my dial plan to automatically add the 1.

member for 10.6 years, 4981 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
rody_44
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

wow

29 bucks a month for a voip provider that relies on peoples bandwidth. That is beyond high

Review by natalykm See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
Good "High quality service and support, clear calls, great control panel, lots of features"
Overall "Best provider, great service"

We use Callcentric service at home 4.5 years already.
We use it a lot for both domestic (USA) and international calling to Russia, Uzbekistan, Israel, etc.
The call quality is always excellent.
Their website is great and lets you control everything you'd need from it.
They have a lot of features and keep adding new ones all the time.
Excellent customer support.

Reliable and feature reach provider - I don't think there is anyone else who is more suitable to my needs (and in my budget range).

Edit:
June 12/11
I've discovered that a simul/multi-ring is now available - what a great feature!
Oct. 11/09
Still very happy user - so far so good; I'm using call treatments now - would be even
happier if they implemented simultaneous or multi-ring feature.
Feb. 05/12
Recently i had a home network problem and Callcentric customer support helped me to resolve it very quickly. Thank you Callcentric!
Feb. 04/13
I'm using Callcentric for my primary house phone now and I'm very happy about it
and i don't need any other providers, Callcentric does it all !
Aug. 10/14
Callcentric is still my primary and only line at home and I can't be any happier ! Thank you Callcentric for the grate service !