Ameritech page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by ATTSUCKSDRYL See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "When service was reconnected twice by the same technician after an einstein at their maintenance department cut my dsl because.."
Overall "THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SELLING AND SHOULD HIRE PEOPLE THAT WORK WITH IT IN REALWORLD!!!!!!!"

11-27: Order Placed...Promised Completion :12-02-07

12/02/07:Wasted my day waiting on their 8-8 Window No call NO SHOW TECH.

I called them and promised me a tech the next day....again no call no show..

12/07/07:Another missed appointment

12/12/07 +- 2days or so:

by this time they got me the "SPECIAL" group to come fix my dsl ...they trace my l,ine and i get my dsl working. Then i got 2 calls 3 days apart from an out of area ...

on 12/26 : they disconenected MY DSL because according to a voice mail "I failed to respond" WTF?????

long story short i got RE-connected again 1-10-2008 Thats a HUGE WINDOW.SINCE i was down since 12-26-07. So today I WAKE Up use my internet paysome bills and then go out for lunch and when i return the flashing red light again!!!!! So i called tech support and spent about 2 hours stressing out because they were making me jump through loops even though I know what happened...After they told me a tech cant be here until 02/15/2007 this FRIDAY with the 8 to 8 Window hooked up my phone to my computer and went to comcast They now offer CABLE INTERNET in 60608 !!!! I placed my order and they will be here in my house tommorrow by 1 PM to install my modem. I gave AT&T not 1 not 2 but 3 STRIKES and they dropped the BAT!!! All they had to do was call that MORON in the central office and tell him to plug that damn wire back that he just disconnected. Their HELP DESK doesnt even know what is a dry loop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Give me the city and i will make it the most reliable and fastest network ! These techs are just looking for more work ripping off the AT&T Shareholders not caring about losing one customer but as soon as they call comcast you will lose them in a heart beat.AT&T needs to hire real world computer techs not Offshore PAPER TECHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments:

Review by wpetkus See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
  • Telco party Ameritech
Good "Reliability &Price"
Bad "Ownership went from Ameritech to SBC to At&T & Don't know what next"
Overall "I'm still with them"

I originally signed up with bignet.net and got a deal for 18 months for the price of 12. Instead of $50 /mo, it worked out to be $37.50, but I had to pay up front for 18 mo. to get the break. Alas bignet went belly up after 12 mo & so did my deal.They offered a seamless switch to earthlink. The speed & service were inadequate so I switched to ameritech. Been there ever since.

member for 14.3 years, 315 visits, last login: 3.3 years ago