how-to block ads
Review by jadite
Good "least expensive alternative"
- Location: South Lyon,Oakland,MI
- Cost: $40 per month (13 month contract)
Overall "avoid at all costs"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
My experience with Broadstripe has been terrible almost from day 1.....let me count the ways......
1. installation day.....tech shows up crabby and bitching about the snow & cold weather and proceeds to tramp all over my brand new carpet without even scuffing his snow covered boots on the mat. The bitching increases when he realizes that the previous owner had cut the lines to the box outside and he has to run new line.....not my fault and certainly I shouldn't be hearing about it. He then leaves before making sure that there's an internet connection established.....sez it could take "hours" and he's not waiting around. Four hours later, no connection and I get to call technical support that was shocked that he left before making sure.
2. billing.....the day I requested new service, I signed up for automatic pay and was told everything was all set so when I get my first bill, I file it expecting that a payment would be made on time. One month later, I get another bill with a service charge because my first bill wasn't paid so I call customer service......and wait an hour on the phone for someone to respond. Very sleepy, unconcerned person finally takes my call and I explain what has happened. She agrees with me after reading through my account and gives me a date on which the payment will be automatically paid......I take good notes with names & dates just in case. Two weeks later, I get a notice that they're going to shut off my service for non-payment. Another call placed to customer service.....not a very pleasant customer service person responds but realizes that I am totally correct in my assessment of the problem and agrees that there will be no cut off. Billing finally shows up on my credit card statement......twice......two days apart......and I haven't had another bill show up since then. Spoke to a technical support guy on 3/4 about other issues (see #3) and mentioned the double billing thinking I have to talk to someone else but he goes into my account and issues a credit (I'll believe it when I see it).
3. technical support......I have internet (dial-up is quicker) service and what I was told is extended basic (more about that later) but have had this since December 2009......internet is terrible, TV is OK. I'm not a big TV person but do watch a couple of extended basic channels regularly.....until late last week. Suddenly there's no signal.....just static.....so I called tech support on 3/4. He looks things over and sez that he'll have to send a tech out but not until 3/8 (today) between 1pm-3pm. In the mean time, one of my cats becomes ill but I put off taking her to the vet because of this appointment. I have patiently waited for the tech to show up.....no phone calls, no nothing.....it's 3:30pm and I want to know what's going on so I call customer service again and they TELL ME THE APPOINTMENT WAS CANCELED.....WHAT????....I sure didn't cancel it. Well, gee ma'am, the stations you're not getting, you're not supposed to have.....huh??.....been getting em from day one and was told by the installer and my station line-up paper that I did get them. Next comment to Ms CSR......why didn't anyone have the common courtesy to call me with the fact that they canceled the appointment so I didn't sit around waiting all day.....especially in light of a very ill cat that should've been at the vet......and she had the gall to ask me if I had blocked numbers on my phone......NO HONEY, I've been here ALL frickin' day waiting and the phone has not rung.....you guys screwed up.....AGAIN!!!!
member for 4 years, 2 visits, last login: 3.4 years ago
lodged 4 years ago
Review by catlaunch
Bad "Avoid them at all cost"
- Location: Severn,Anne Arundel,MD
- Cost: $55 per month
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
Here's a horror story. Bad storm rolls through the area, and internet goes down. Calling Tech Support only gives a blanket message that there are outages in various parts of the county. After 2 days of waiting, I made repeated attempts to contact customer service, tech support, sales, etc. through the phone menu (hitting 0 won't help you on their line). Several times it told me it was connecting, only to drop the call. Finally get through to a Human... and it is there answering service. I leave repeated messages. Decide to go pick up another Cable Modem, just in case... Plug it in, and wallaa, something is working. Though in order to gain full connectivity, I just need them to put my MAC address on the account (now that I have done all the work for them). THREE MORE DAYS of phone calls to no avail.. it's like the place was on strike. I even travel to the office to see if I can talk to them directly. My bill said they are open till 7pm on M, W, and F. Though I get there at 5:15pm to find the office closed and the lights off. Happen to spot an employee on a bench nearby. He goes in the office and installs my MAC address on the account, and I'm up and running again.
The only thing I am waiting on is for Verizon to turn on their FiOS lines in my neighborhood, and I'm dropping MDM like a cheap date. I honestly have no idea how they are even still in business. It might explain the mailing I got today telling me not to believe the rumors that are being spread that I need to switch to other carriers to maintain good service. DUH.. if you have to send out mail to tell your customers that... I hope you found a spot on the life raft!!
member for 6.5 years, 6 visits, last login: 6.4 years ago
updated 6.5 years ago