Avantek Wireless page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by henrybowman See Profile

• Location: Morristown,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Cheaper and faster than satellite"
Bad "Outages, very rude customer service"

I signed my mom up with Avantek several years ago. It was better than her old satellite connection, but after a couple months the speed would slow to a crawl after dark and then finally cut out altogether. Could never get them to address this, the customer service person (Misty) was extremely rude, and satellite hadn't been any more reliable, so she just had to live with her spotty outages. At one point about two years ago the service just stopped cold - come to find out, Avantek had moved its antenna from one location in town to another, and didn't bother to tell any of its customers. Those customers between the two locations had no service for nearly two weeks before they sent out anyone to rotate the antennas. This past Saturday (6/25/11) the signal stopped for good, they aren't answering their phones, and their voice mailboxes are full. I have been told that Avantek just ceased operations, but not whether that's just in Morristown or they are totally out of business as a company. We have only one street with DSL (neither of us are on it), but Grand Avenue Broadband covers the same service area.

Comments:

Review by quadragin See Profile

• Location: Tonopah,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Faster and More Consistant than Verizon at my home"
Bad "Should have located there site in a more central Tonopah Location"
Overall "Cheaper and Faster than Verizon!"

I called on a Monday, they came out on the following Monday.
Installer was great, we tried different locations to get my signal strength at an acceptable level.
We ended up putting the antenna on top of my 25' tall shop on a 7' tall poll.
So far Xbox Live is way better than with Verizon Broadband.
Even though my Verizon speeds sometimes were comparable Avantek surfs way faster.

Comments:

Review by mat974 See Profile

• Location: Morristown,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Easy install"
Bad "Latency is sometimes equal to satellite"
Overall "It works if you need it."

Avantek is good for me, When I lived in Wittmann it did not work, Now I live in Morristown and the speed is ten times better with fewer latency problems. I would recommend this service to my neighbors as it is the only one available to most of us here.

Comments:

Review by klife See Profile

• Location: Wittmann,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Low cost easy to install"
Bad "Poor follow up service. Rude CSR. Don't care about you as a customer"
Overall "Don't waste your money"

This companies motto is "for every customer we lose we gain 20." They do mass mailings to try to keep the customer base up instead of investing in reliable equipment and friendly customer service people. This Canadian owned corporation can care less about individual service. They will not help with anything unless you pay for a 60 dollar service call. Slow connection times. I could not use voip as they want to sell you theirs. Packet loss was huge. Huge latency. Go with Airtel. The gentleman there is friendly and willing to help.