VOIPO page on DSLReports

Review by htech007 See Profile

• Location: Eagle,Cass,NE
Good "Great customer service! Solid VOIP and easy setup!"
Bad "None so far! Signup might need to be tweaked a little."
Overall "A young company but it offers excellent support, value, and if it continues it will be gold!"

I signed up for the one year promo after reading all the good reviews. A lot of long time users with a lot of VOIP experience led me to sign up. The promo deal was too go to pass up. After signing up I had several tickets in to get some questions answered and a couple minor issues fixed. Support is the best I have seen! Tickets get an intelligent answer within several hours, sooner if they are a higher priority. So far the call quality is excellent. I have been with several companies and so far I love what I see. Very responsive. The wife made several calls and asked if we got a land line or what I did to improve the quality! Can't wait to report back in several months. Time will tell but right now, the responsiveness of the technical support\billing department eased my mind into getting service for a company I did not even knew existed a couple months ago. I did try to sign up as a beta tester a while back but got the email that they were going public. Glad I signed up for the email! looking forward to actually using my phone! The efax features, 800 service and extra addons I can use in the future will be great.

Comments:

Review by DoozerM See Profile

• Location: Vienna,Fairfax,VA
Good "Very Responsive Support to Critical Issues, Call Quality, Features, Cost, Roaming E911"
Bad "Only Weekday Support"
Overall "If you don't mind not having 24x7 support, this is a great and fairly inexpensive VOIP provider"

I recently ordered Voipo for a second phone line (I use POTS for the first line due to Alarm System, Wife......). The first time I tried to order the service, the web site crashed (growing pains?). After about 20 minutes, the system was up and running again and I ordered the service. After 3 days I received the Grandstream ATA adapter they provided, plugged it in and it didn't register with their server. I opened a ticket and surprisingly got a response within 5 hours - which is surprising because it was a Saturday and their support is only M-F. They recreated my account and the service started working. I then noticed that my inbound calls were not getting through. I logged another support call and again got a response on the weekend - stating that my number was having issues and they logged a ticket with L3. They immediately provided me a FREE virtual number to allow others to call me in the mean time while the number wasn't working. It was resolved within 3 hours although support never told me it was fixed (I was just glad it was fixed). They also gave me an extra month service for all of my troubles (another very cool move). Since the problems have been fixed, I have had flawless service. Also, since they fixed the problems so quickly, I give them an A+ in support. They are definitely worth checking out.

One cool feature is the roaming E911. I ordered my number to be closer to my parents-in-laws in a different state, but thanks to roaming E911 I still have my address as the place where emergency calls gets routed. Very Cool !!!

Comments:

Review by perki See Profile

• Location: Santa Maria,Santa Barbara,CA
Good "Easy Online Startup"
Overall "Is this truly the Obama of Voip"

Review to come as soon as equipment arrives, but i will give the reason of why i switched.

VoipYour Life is a amazing voip provider with lots of nice people but they lacked some features i have been wanting( Like Telemarketing Blocks, custom caller id, Advanced Call Routing, etc.) No company really had all of these until Voipo came along. So im going to try it for a week and if alls good then ill keep it. Only problem so far was the misleading $99 dollar for a year offer (really $165 after activation fees and E911 Service) I only hope that after the years over the price will stay below 22.99. (Vonage 24.99, VoipYourLife 23.99 so a dollar off that will be progress)

Comments:

Review by toddnix See Profile

• Location: Austin,Travis,TX
Good "excellent quality, configuration options"
Overall "recommended"

auto-provision didn't work on my ATA but after a quick email I got it up and running no problem.

ATA is sitting behind a Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato
ports 5000-5080 are forwarded to the ATA
and the ATA MAC address is set to Highest in the QoS settings

ATA is configured for NAT traverse with a STUN server
no issues with incoming or outgoing calls

call quality has been excellent, i feel it is better than our previous land line service
probably because of the higher amplification offered by the ATA

i love the custom caller ID, call routing and telemarketer block options

after blocking 062* i don't think we've had a single telemarketer call in over a week

number port took about 10 days from ATT

Comments:

Review by FireWERX6 See Profile

• Location: Rocklin,Placer,CA
Good "Amazingly dedicated support staff! Perfect call quality! Instant dial-tone."
Bad "Wasn't available 3 years ago when I signed up for VT =("
Overall "I've tried everything: Vonage, Packet8, ViaTalk and I've finally found my VOIP provider."

I'm a technical guy and I've been using VOIP for 5 years now.

I'm tired of hearing excuses and making sacrifices.
I'm tired of $12 a month turning into $15.45 a month turning into $23.40.
I'm tired of being caller 22 in the queue.
I'm tired of hearing, "Well that's weird I have no idea why you got switched to that server".

For all of the technical people like me that are thinking of trying VOIPo, just give them a call. Ask them something about provisioning or advanced ATA configuration. I guarantee you'll hang up the phone impressed.

To VOIPo: Keep up the great work, I hope you're ready for the thousands of people like me.

Comments:

Review by digger16309 See Profile

• Location: Raynham,Bristol,MA
Good "Never feel like I might not have a dial tone when I pick up the phone"
Bad "A little short on documentation at the moment but should be all set by launch"
Overall "So far so good. I feel much more comfortable with VOIPo than I ever did with ViaTalk"

11/14/08: I had an issue with my ATA not behaving. I received excellent support including overnighting me 2 different replacement ATA's which I ended up not needing. I was never told to put the ATA in the DMZ (amen to that). Still feeling great about my choice to sign-up with them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

10/20/08: I got an equipment upgrade to the Granstream 502 ATA which does pass through the MWI indicator to my Panasonic phones. That was my only issue thus far and it was solved.

10/4/08: I was not part of the Beta, but I became a subscriber/user post-Beta, pre-launch. Because of this, the fees (e911, USF, and whatever else) were waived for the first 6 months.

My number ported flawlessly. I forwarded calls to a temporary virtual number until the porting, which worked OK, then I deleted the virtual number.

Communication is exceptional. Upon signing up, I think I received 3 or 4 different e-mails from them with various information.

The ATA is a Grandstream and it is basically plug n play. I have not accessed any of the settings, nor have I needed VOIPo to make any changes.

The MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) on this specific Grandstream ATA does not pass through to Panasonic Dect 6.0 phones. This is a minor issue, one that I hope is fixed in the next firmware update.

I gave the web site a 4 only because at present, pre-launch, there is little to no documentation so some things you have to figure out on your own, though the majority of it is intuitive if you have had Voip with another carrier.

Call quality has been excellent.

When I make calls, the line actually rings

There is never any dead air when I make a call.

No outages thus far.

Tech support is very fast. Of course, they don't have many subscribers at present, so I'm interested to see what happens at launch.

After 6 weeks, so far so good. I recommend VOIPo to anyone looking for Voip that works out of the box and does not require constant server shuffling, outages, constant problems with upstream providers, router issues, or "the customer is always wrong customer service".

Comments:

Review by gtojim See Profile

• Location: Concord,Contra Costa,CA
Good "Great Quality and Super Customer Support."
Overall "Great Value"

Based on reviews of long time VoIP users I signed up for VOIPo on August 15th, a couple of days later the adapter arrived. It was very easy to setup and start making calls. The call quality is great, better than other providers I have used. Customer support has been outstanding.

I ported my home phone number, the entire process was very fast, taking only 9 or 10 days.

I haven't used all of the features offered as some are not important to me. One feature I really like is the option of blocking telemarketers.

I have been using VoIP for over 4 years with 5 different providers, so far VOIPo tops the list. VOIPo might not be the cheapest but I feel confident that VOIPo is a service that will just work. A claim I can not make about my last provider. Since I'm in my 60's I want a service that just works, I feel VOIPo will do just that.

Comments:

Review by rein See Profile

• Location: Burlington,Chittenden,VT
Good "Excellent call quality, great feature set, AWESOME customer support"
Bad "none"
Overall "We couldn't be happier with the service"

We've been using voip for our primary phone service for over four years. We've used Vonage, VoicePulse and now VOIPo.

VoicePulse is a great service but there were a couple of features that I wanted and had requested 2.5 years ago that I thought they were working on but were never implemented. So while the service was good and stable, new development of features was literally non-existent.

So, I began a search for a new provider earlier this year. I had narrowed it down to a couple of them but saw so many positive reviews for VOIPo that I really wanted to try them out. Even though they had stopped taking new beta participants, the founder personally setup an account for me.

In just a couple of days, I had a GrandStream ATA. Call quality was excellent – even better than I had experienced with VoicePulse, which surprised me as I had had no complaints about it. The feature set is fantastic and they work as they should. You can create numerous filters for both incoming *and* outgoing calls. This offers tons of flexibility for how you want to setup your calls. Custom caller ID/Contact list, enhanced voicemail, seven digit dialing, speed dial, telemarketer block, call forwarding, and softphone access are just a few of the features included.

About a week ago, I tried to use the ATA at a temporary location where Comcast is the ISP. Apparently, Comcast is making life difficult for voip providers by blocking several of the ports used for voip service. When I had trouble getting a dialtone, support worked with me to quickly resolve the issue. They took the time to call me so that they could troubleshoot the ATA and had me up and running again. I'm amazed with VOIPo's support. They bend over backwards to provide a great service and to keep it that way.

I'm always leery of paying for a year of service in advance for any type of company but after using VOIPo for a couple of months, I didn't hesitate to make the commitment. In fact, I've already ported over my phone number to VOIPo. Calling is clear, service is rock solid and support is superb. I highly recommend their service.

Comments:

Review by darylo5 See Profile

• Location: Clearfield,Davis,UT
Good "Company that focuses on customer"
Overall "Great new service"

Beta has actually been better than with other VOIP company's that are in production. This is my 3rd company and they are the best. I've ported from Viatalk and was seemless. Missing a few addons that would make the experience better but so far stability/reliability is the most important for me. 80 on call quality because my pap2 sometimes has poor call quality or one way audio.

Comments:

Review by myvoip07 See Profile

• Location: USA
Good "Excellent Call quality, reliability, support"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Even in beta providing execellent quality"

I have been in alpha/beta program of VOIPo for almost 2 year now. Even though Voipo is still in beta the reliability, call quality and support is much better then my previous voip provider. Downtime is non-existence with the exception of only once for me.

Also the control panel is straight and very simple, way to go.

Even though VoiPo is still yet to go live i considered it production quality and use as my main provider since it has been rock solid for me.

Will update the review when the service goes live.