VOIPO page on DSLReports

Review by hootch See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,Clark,WA
Good "Best customer service I have ever experienced"
Bad "Some limited hiccups, but see good point"

I went from Sunrocket, to Viatalk, and now to Voipo. Started out with a GS502 behind my router, but it lost registration. Called support and had the PAP2T within a couple of days. Just plugged it into my router and did nothing else. Certain calls I noticed were not of great quality, so on a Sunday afternoon, emailed support with my issues and within an hour had a reply that they made some changes to my PAP2T and to forward certain ports in my router and use QoS if possible. Did those changes and the call quality has been excellent...even to numbers in which I had experienced some issues earlier.

Overall, great quality. I do not recall ever having many issues with SR, with Viatalk I had to switch servers all the time, with Voipo, other than the initial port forwarding, etc. it has been plug and play.

BUT...I do not recall ever having dealt with a company with as good of customer service as Voipo. Not just voip companies, but any company. They take responsibility and admit if they made an error and work to resolve it fast. The owner of the company often personally responds to support tickets to make sure everything was taken care of satisfactorily. I would highly recommend Voipo to anybody I know.

Comments:

Review by woody04 See Profile

• Location: Charlotte,Mecklenburg,NC
Good "Good technical support"
Bad "Some hiccups in getting set-up"
Overall "Good value. Great service."

Based on the reviews here I signed up for a one year pre-pay -- a leap of faith, given that I'm a former SunRocket subscriber (aka burnee)

I got the ATA in less than a week and tried to set up service. Outgoing worked fine (both in-front and behind router) but incoming number didn't work (rapid busy regardless of network called from).

After a few tech support calls and emails I just asked for a new number. That request somehow got mismanaged and I was about to give up on the trial and requested cancellation.

At that point, I got a direct response from Mr. T.D. and he straightened out the new number request and all is working fine.

Subsequently I have requested my old service number to be ported to a new virtual number (It would seem like this is the way to go when trying a new service), which they said ought not to be a problem. Will keep you posted on that.

Currently I have the ATA in-front of my router which seems fine so I won't mess with it.

($11.25/mo is $99/year + $36/year taxes+fees)

** 3/11/2009 Gave up on porting (see comment) **

Comments:

Review by jmelcher See Profile

• Location: Evansville,Vanderburgh,IN
Good "Great customer service, quick turn resolution of issues"
Bad "Basic control panel"
Overall "Excellent Service, Great Product"

2/24/09
Porting process went about as well as expected. There were some glitches that caused me to be without service for a few hours, but Tech Support got it working after submitting a ticket. Not sure if porting to a landline would have gone any smoother, but my experience in porting from one VOIP provider to another is to expect some glitches.

They shipped me a Grandstream HT502 ATA. I previously used a Linksys PAP2T with my other provider. I have noticed significant improvement in audio quality - not sure if it's due to the provider or the adapter, but I have read about others who have commented on the superior quality of the Grandstreams.

I have paid for 1 year in advance. I've been with various VOIP providers over the past 3 years, and have finally felt that I have a good enough provider to put my faith in them for a long-term commitment.

I will definitely recommend VOIPo to others who are interested in knowing about VOIP service.

1/12/09
Signed up on 12/13 and rec'd my adapter soon thereafter. Wouldn't work placed in front of my router as they suggest (later identified to be my router's fault through my tinkering) so I put behind the router and it was provisioned in about 3 minutes. It works!

I have been able to put it in front of my router as they suggest and I do notice better call quality. They have been *extremely* helpful and polite with what I am sure are annoying questions by me about call setup time, caller ID, voice mail, etc. The bottom is... customer service is far superior that Vonage or Viatalk. They claim 9-6 M-F support, but I've had several tickets worked on after hours, to include the weekend.

Their service/support and call quality has been good enough that my wife said we should sign up for a year to get a better monthly fee. I did start the process to port my number, after which I will most likely go ahead and sign up for the year. I'll update my review as things warrant updating.

Bottom line - you can't go wrong here.

Comments:

Review by fareal See Profile

• Location: Rancho Cucamonga,San Bernardino,CA
Good "Support"
Bad "Adjusting to their growing customer base"
Overall "Recommended"

I ordered the service using the Pre-Launch 2 promo on Jan 23, 2008. $135 no other fees for a year of service. I received the PAP2T on Feb 4, 2008. It did work as soon as I connected it, although there were a few hiccups.

Apparently I signed up during a bad time. Voipo's supply of Grandstream adapters were no longer available, thus the reason I got the PAP2T. Actually I'm glad I got the PAP2T as I hear it is better for users that connect the ATA behind their router. During approximately the first week of service or so, there were several issues at Voipo that did effect phone service. Also there were a few issues with my account that I needed to open a ticket to get resolved. Considering all of these issues, their support always pulled through in a reasonable amount of time and I seem to be problem free since that first week.

My number porting took 10 days to complete.

I'm curious to see their rates for service after their pre-launch promos and when it comes time for me to renew in a year. Hopefully the good VoIP service continues as well as their great support and innovative ideas to add to their control panel.

Comments:

Review by me1212 See Profile

• Location: Pleasant Hill,Cass,MO
Good "Tech support, clone line, price, works with wireless."
Bad "website neeeds a bit of work."
Overall "Get VOIPo! If you can."

When I first got the adapter it would not register and took 4 day to do get it working, this is because I use a WISP and a wireless router which causes a double NAT. The tech support is the best there is they kept at it 'till they got it working, if I could I would give them a 7.

Once we got it working it is MUCH better the our POTS with that we had to have the volume at MAX on our phones, and now at the second lowest setting it is 10x better audio quality. There is a broken word every now and again, but that due to wireless not being as stable as wired. Setting the QoS on my router helped with this.

Over all love it.
I will update from time to time.

UPDATE: FEB 01 2009. Well, I got my number ported, it went well, it took more than 14 days, but still a great service, price, and it rocks.

Tech support still #1.

I was hit by the device getting un-registered thing, but I'm back up and running now.

Well, not much more to say, I will update more when I need to.

Update 02/21/2009

Got a new phone system, and VOIPo still is working great. I have not had a real problem since I got the PAP2 ATA, everything has been working great, I read some posts that others were having problems, but I have not had any.

I hope VOIPo keeps up the good work.

Will update when needed.

member for 5.8 years, 2317 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by jjgb10 See Profile

• Location: Kasson,Dodge,MN
Good "Great call quality, reliability, and support!!!"
Bad "None to list"
Overall "This is going to be the most reliable and rock solid VOIP provider out there!"

I have been in beta with VOIPo for over a year now and I have to say I have had less downtime with them than any other service I have had. Power, cable, internet, Viatalk, and water are probably down more than VOIPo ever is every year.

I used to have Viatalk and it would go down randomly and be choppy and have inconsistent performance. I stayed with them for 2 years and kept thinking it was our connection that was bad. I was VERY wrong... Once I got VOIPo, all calls went through and there were never any problems at all. Call quality was excellent from day 1 and their alpha/beta service is better than Viatalk and Sunrocket when we had them also in their production stages!!

VOIPo has taken over 2 years to finalize their product and work out all the bugs to make a very stable Voip platform that will run very smoothly when new customers start coming in. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone when they launch here in the August/September range. They are going to have some launch specials also so stay tuned!!

UPDATE 1-25-2009

Well, we have had VOIPo for over 2 years now and it has been AMAZING compared to Sunrocket and Viatalk when we had them. Support has been excellent and the call quality is still great as it has always been. We have never had any noticeable outage yet in over 2 years and everything works great.

I still Highly Recommend VOIPo to anyone looking for a great, stable company with great features and support. Their CEO, Tim, is also excellent and will take care of any issues you have at anytime. Awesome!!!

member for 9.8 years, 3586 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Taskbar See Profile

• Location: Lake City,Columbia,FL
Good "First year was only $99 for the whole year plus $36 taxes!!"
Bad "At the moment not a lot of documentation."
Overall "Regardless of lack of documentation VoiPO is a top notch company!!"

I have been with VoiPO since December 1, 2008. So far the service has been exceptional for me. After placing my order online, I received my ATA in roughly 5 days later. The package was mailed US Priority mail. I opened the package envelope and inside were: VoiPo Quick Reference Guide, Setting Up Your VoiPo Device, Important E911 Information, and or course the Grandstream ATA with power adapter, and telephone cord. The first thing I did was review the setup instructions, and made a decision right then to install my ATA behind my D-Link router (not in front). Installation went smoothly for me with no issues whatsoever. It should be noted that I did setup my ATA for static IP addressing, and this was no issue either. In about 5 minutes I was making and receiving telephone calls. I signed in to my Control Panel and this went smoothly as well. I setup call filters on both outgoing and incoming calls, and this worked smoothly as well. The voice quality on my Comcast cable connection is outstanding-- no echo and folks do not even know I am calling from a voip connection either!! One another note support is second to none both over the telephone, trouble tickets submitted online, and getting assistance on DSLReports.com website. I can honestly say that VoiPO is a company that truly values our thoughts and impressions. Other companies should take note to VoiPO's business model

Comments:

Review by robnitro9 See Profile

• Location: Woodhaven,Queens,NY
Good "great call quality, faxing works unlike Broadvoice, great customer/tech support, great prices"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Great price, great service, should've signed up with them before!"

I quit broadvoice due to their caller id not picking up names of neighbor's calls. Also I was pissed at their big company attitude with the charges and lackluster customer service.

VOIPO has been great to me so far. They gave me a modem that has a cloned line, meaning I can make a call while someone else is on the phone. I did not expect this.

Their customer service helped me a lot with the questions I had before signing up.

I had an issue with inbound calls going straight to voicemail on the day it was ported from BV. The ticket was responded to quickly and problem fixed, they even gave me an extra month of free service for this inconvenience. I doubt broadvoice would do that, heck they even didn't give me back an automatic pro rate yet (I am asking for it now) for paying for January, but using only 4 days!

Also, they were quick to fix an issue on the website not showing my voicemail and device list.

I hope they stay like this. It seems like they have great customer support by treating their employees well.

Comments:

Review by htech007 See Profile

• Location: Eagle,Cass,NE
Good "Great customer service! Solid VOIP and easy setup!"
Bad "None so far! Signup might need to be tweaked a little."
Overall "A young company but it offers excellent support, value, and if it continues it will be gold!"

I signed up for the one year promo after reading all the good reviews. A lot of long time users with a lot of VOIP experience led me to sign up. The promo deal was too go to pass up. After signing up I had several tickets in to get some questions answered and a couple minor issues fixed. Support is the best I have seen! Tickets get an intelligent answer within several hours, sooner if they are a higher priority. So far the call quality is excellent. I have been with several companies and so far I love what I see. Very responsive. The wife made several calls and asked if we got a land line or what I did to improve the quality! Can't wait to report back in several months. Time will tell but right now, the responsiveness of the technical support\billing department eased my mind into getting service for a company I did not even knew existed a couple months ago. I did try to sign up as a beta tester a while back but got the email that they were going public. Glad I signed up for the email! looking forward to actually using my phone! The efax features, 800 service and extra addons I can use in the future will be great.

Comments:

Review by DoozerM See Profile

• Location: Vienna,Fairfax,VA
Good "Very Responsive Support to Critical Issues, Call Quality, Features, Cost, Roaming E911"
Bad "Only Weekday Support"
Overall "If you don't mind not having 24x7 support, this is a great and fairly inexpensive VOIP provider"

I recently ordered Voipo for a second phone line (I use POTS for the first line due to Alarm System, Wife......). The first time I tried to order the service, the web site crashed (growing pains?). After about 20 minutes, the system was up and running again and I ordered the service. After 3 days I received the Grandstream ATA adapter they provided, plugged it in and it didn't register with their server. I opened a ticket and surprisingly got a response within 5 hours - which is surprising because it was a Saturday and their support is only M-F. They recreated my account and the service started working. I then noticed that my inbound calls were not getting through. I logged another support call and again got a response on the weekend - stating that my number was having issues and they logged a ticket with L3. They immediately provided me a FREE virtual number to allow others to call me in the mean time while the number wasn't working. It was resolved within 3 hours although support never told me it was fixed (I was just glad it was fixed). They also gave me an extra month service for all of my troubles (another very cool move). Since the problems have been fixed, I have had flawless service. Also, since they fixed the problems so quickly, I give them an A+ in support. They are definitely worth checking out.

One cool feature is the roaming E911. I ordered my number to be closer to my parents-in-laws in a different state, but thanks to roaming E911 I still have my address as the place where emergency calls gets routed. Very Cool !!!