VOIPO page on DSLReports

Review by me1212 See Profile

• Location: Pleasant Hill,Cass,MO
Good "Tech support, clone line, price, works with wireless."
Bad "website neeeds a bit of work."
Overall "Get VOIPo! If you can."

When I first got the adapter it would not register and took 4 day to do get it working, this is because I use a WISP and a wireless router which causes a double NAT. The tech support is the best there is they kept at it 'till they got it working, if I could I would give them a 7.

Once we got it working it is MUCH better the our POTS with that we had to have the volume at MAX on our phones, and now at the second lowest setting it is 10x better audio quality. There is a broken word every now and again, but that due to wireless not being as stable as wired. Setting the QoS on my router helped with this.

Over all love it.
I will update from time to time.

UPDATE: FEB 01 2009. Well, I got my number ported, it went well, it took more than 14 days, but still a great service, price, and it rocks.

Tech support still #1.

I was hit by the device getting un-registered thing, but I'm back up and running now.

Well, not much more to say, I will update more when I need to.

Update 02/21/2009

Got a new phone system, and VOIPo still is working great. I have not had a real problem since I got the PAP2 ATA, everything has been working great, I read some posts that others were having problems, but I have not had any.

I hope VOIPo keeps up the good work.

Will update when needed.

Comments:

Review by jjgb10 See Profile

• Location: Kasson,Dodge,MN
Good "Great call quality, reliability, and support!!!"
Bad "None to list"
Overall "This is going to be the most reliable and rock solid VOIP provider out there!"

I have been in beta with VOIPo for over a year now and I have to say I have had less downtime with them than any other service I have had. Power, cable, internet, Viatalk, and water are probably down more than VOIPo ever is every year.

I used to have Viatalk and it would go down randomly and be choppy and have inconsistent performance. I stayed with them for 2 years and kept thinking it was our connection that was bad. I was VERY wrong... Once I got VOIPo, all calls went through and there were never any problems at all. Call quality was excellent from day 1 and their alpha/beta service is better than Viatalk and Sunrocket when we had them also in their production stages!!

VOIPo has taken over 2 years to finalize their product and work out all the bugs to make a very stable Voip platform that will run very smoothly when new customers start coming in. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone when they launch here in the August/September range. They are going to have some launch specials also so stay tuned!!

UPDATE 1-25-2009

Well, we have had VOIPo for over 2 years now and it has been AMAZING compared to Sunrocket and Viatalk when we had them. Support has been excellent and the call quality is still great as it has always been. We have never had any noticeable outage yet in over 2 years and everything works great.

I still Highly Recommend VOIPo to anyone looking for a great, stable company with great features and support. Their CEO, Tim, is also excellent and will take care of any issues you have at anytime. Awesome!!!

member for 9.7 years, 3553 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Review by Taskbar See Profile

• Location: Lake City,Columbia,FL
Good "First year was only $99 for the whole year plus $36 taxes!!"
Bad "At the moment not a lot of documentation."
Overall "Regardless of lack of documentation VoiPO is a top notch company!!"

I have been with VoiPO since December 1, 2008. So far the service has been exceptional for me. After placing my order online, I received my ATA in roughly 5 days later. The package was mailed US Priority mail. I opened the package envelope and inside were: VoiPo Quick Reference Guide, Setting Up Your VoiPo Device, Important E911 Information, and or course the Grandstream ATA with power adapter, and telephone cord. The first thing I did was review the setup instructions, and made a decision right then to install my ATA behind my D-Link router (not in front). Installation went smoothly for me with no issues whatsoever. It should be noted that I did setup my ATA for static IP addressing, and this was no issue either. In about 5 minutes I was making and receiving telephone calls. I signed in to my Control Panel and this went smoothly as well. I setup call filters on both outgoing and incoming calls, and this worked smoothly as well. The voice quality on my Comcast cable connection is outstanding-- no echo and folks do not even know I am calling from a voip connection either!! One another note support is second to none both over the telephone, trouble tickets submitted online, and getting assistance on DSLReports.com website. I can honestly say that VoiPO is a company that truly values our thoughts and impressions. Other companies should take note to VoiPO's business model

member for 13.5 years, 1031 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by robnitro9 See Profile

• Location: Woodhaven,Queens,NY
Good "great call quality, faxing works unlike Broadvoice, great customer/tech support, great prices"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Great price, great service, should've signed up with them before!"

I quit broadvoice due to their caller id not picking up names of neighbor's calls. Also I was pissed at their big company attitude with the charges and lackluster customer service.

VOIPO has been great to me so far. They gave me a modem that has a cloned line, meaning I can make a call while someone else is on the phone. I did not expect this.

Their customer service helped me a lot with the questions I had before signing up.

I had an issue with inbound calls going straight to voicemail on the day it was ported from BV. The ticket was responded to quickly and problem fixed, they even gave me an extra month of free service for this inconvenience. I doubt broadvoice would do that, heck they even didn't give me back an automatic pro rate yet (I am asking for it now) for paying for January, but using only 4 days!

Also, they were quick to fix an issue on the website not showing my voicemail and device list.

I hope they stay like this. It seems like they have great customer support by treating their employees well.

Comments:

Review by htech007 See Profile

• Location: Eagle,Cass,NE
Good "Great customer service! Solid VOIP and easy setup!"
Bad "None so far! Signup might need to be tweaked a little."
Overall "A young company but it offers excellent support, value, and if it continues it will be gold!"

I signed up for the one year promo after reading all the good reviews. A lot of long time users with a lot of VOIP experience led me to sign up. The promo deal was too go to pass up. After signing up I had several tickets in to get some questions answered and a couple minor issues fixed. Support is the best I have seen! Tickets get an intelligent answer within several hours, sooner if they are a higher priority. So far the call quality is excellent. I have been with several companies and so far I love what I see. Very responsive. The wife made several calls and asked if we got a land line or what I did to improve the quality! Can't wait to report back in several months. Time will tell but right now, the responsiveness of the technical support\billing department eased my mind into getting service for a company I did not even knew existed a couple months ago. I did try to sign up as a beta tester a while back but got the email that they were going public. Glad I signed up for the email! looking forward to actually using my phone! The efax features, 800 service and extra addons I can use in the future will be great.

Comments:

Review by DoozerM See Profile

• Location: Vienna,Fairfax,VA
Good "Very Responsive Support to Critical Issues, Call Quality, Features, Cost, Roaming E911"
Bad "Only Weekday Support"
Overall "If you don't mind not having 24x7 support, this is a great and fairly inexpensive VOIP provider"

I recently ordered Voipo for a second phone line (I use POTS for the first line due to Alarm System, Wife......). The first time I tried to order the service, the web site crashed (growing pains?). After about 20 minutes, the system was up and running again and I ordered the service. After 3 days I received the Grandstream ATA adapter they provided, plugged it in and it didn't register with their server. I opened a ticket and surprisingly got a response within 5 hours - which is surprising because it was a Saturday and their support is only M-F. They recreated my account and the service started working. I then noticed that my inbound calls were not getting through. I logged another support call and again got a response on the weekend - stating that my number was having issues and they logged a ticket with L3. They immediately provided me a FREE virtual number to allow others to call me in the mean time while the number wasn't working. It was resolved within 3 hours although support never told me it was fixed (I was just glad it was fixed). They also gave me an extra month service for all of my troubles (another very cool move). Since the problems have been fixed, I have had flawless service. Also, since they fixed the problems so quickly, I give them an A+ in support. They are definitely worth checking out.

One cool feature is the roaming E911. I ordered my number to be closer to my parents-in-laws in a different state, but thanks to roaming E911 I still have my address as the place where emergency calls gets routed. Very Cool !!!

Comments:

Review by perki See Profile

• Location: Santa Maria,Santa Barbara,CA
Good "Easy Online Startup"
Overall "Is this truly the Obama of Voip"

Review to come as soon as equipment arrives, but i will give the reason of why i switched.

VoipYour Life is a amazing voip provider with lots of nice people but they lacked some features i have been wanting( Like Telemarketing Blocks, custom caller id, Advanced Call Routing, etc.) No company really had all of these until Voipo came along. So im going to try it for a week and if alls good then ill keep it. Only problem so far was the misleading $99 dollar for a year offer (really $165 after activation fees and E911 Service) I only hope that after the years over the price will stay below 22.99. (Vonage 24.99, VoipYourLife 23.99 so a dollar off that will be progress)

Comments:

Review by toddnix See Profile

• Location: Austin,Travis,TX
Good "excellent quality, configuration options"
Overall "recommended"

auto-provision didn't work on my ATA but after a quick email I got it up and running no problem.

ATA is sitting behind a Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato
ports 5000-5080 are forwarded to the ATA
and the ATA MAC address is set to Highest in the QoS settings

ATA is configured for NAT traverse with a STUN server
no issues with incoming or outgoing calls

call quality has been excellent, i feel it is better than our previous land line service
probably because of the higher amplification offered by the ATA

i love the custom caller ID, call routing and telemarketer block options

after blocking 062* i don't think we've had a single telemarketer call in over a week

number port took about 10 days from ATT

Comments:

Review by FireWERX6 See Profile

• Location: Rocklin,Placer,CA
Good "Amazingly dedicated support staff! Perfect call quality! Instant dial-tone."
Bad "Wasn't available 3 years ago when I signed up for VT =("
Overall "I've tried everything: Vonage, Packet8, ViaTalk and I've finally found my VOIP provider."

I'm a technical guy and I've been using VOIP for 5 years now.

I'm tired of hearing excuses and making sacrifices.
I'm tired of $12 a month turning into $15.45 a month turning into $23.40.
I'm tired of being caller 22 in the queue.
I'm tired of hearing, "Well that's weird I have no idea why you got switched to that server".

For all of the technical people like me that are thinking of trying VOIPo, just give them a call. Ask them something about provisioning or advanced ATA configuration. I guarantee you'll hang up the phone impressed.

To VOIPo: Keep up the great work, I hope you're ready for the thousands of people like me.

Comments:

Review by gtojim See Profile

• Location: Concord,Contra Costa,CA
Good "Great Quality and Super Customer Support."
Overall "Great Value"

Based on reviews of long time VoIP users I signed up for VOIPo on August 15th, a couple of days later the adapter arrived. It was very easy to setup and start making calls. The call quality is great, better than other providers I have used. Customer support has been outstanding.

I ported my home phone number, the entire process was very fast, taking only 9 or 10 days.

I haven't used all of the features offered as some are not important to me. One feature I really like is the option of blocking telemarketers.

I have been using VoIP for over 4 years with 5 different providers, so far VOIPo tops the list. VOIPo might not be the cheapest but I feel confident that VOIPo is a service that will just work. A claim I can not make about my last provider. Since I'm in my 60's I want a service that just works, I feel VOIPo will do just that.