VOIPO page on DSLReports

Review by BlueJane See Profile

• Location: united state
Good "Customer Service, Voice Quality, and Phone Features"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "If you are on the fence on which company to choose, pick VOIPo!!"

I am in the process of ordering VOIP from VOIPo, and so far everything has gone very smooth.

Comments:

Review by hatfieldfios See Profile

• Location: Hatfield,Montgomery,PA
Good "Great quality and features at a very low price"
Overall "Low cost great service"

I switched from Vonage to VOIPo and loving the service and support. From order to live was in 15 days including number porting and service has been great since then. No outages and great features such as SIP, Voicemail and BYOD. At ~$5/month its the best reliable service you will ever find anywhere with quickest response from support. I was paying ~$35/month previously.

member for 9.5 years, 1099 visits, last login: 2.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by thunder15 See Profile

• Location: San Jose,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Price, Service, Support Staff, Features Pack"
Bad "Their control panel is not so intuitive or easy to navigate around"
Overall "Deliver what is advertised"

After reading about VoIP and read the reviews on DSLreports.com, I took the plunge and moved my parent's landline with AT&T (had 18 years of service with them) over to VOIPO back in August 2010. The process was painless. It took about a week for the porting process to finish. VOIPO was in communication with us all during that time. We can also check via their website on our status.
I can't say more about how excellent experience I had with their technical staff. They are professional and patience. I can email them or pick up the phone and talk to a live human being.

My parent have not complained so far about the quality or service since the move. Which means, VOIPO is the same or even better than our existing landline service. My parent appreciated the calling ID feature very much.

In my own experience, I love the features of VOIPO, especially their BYOD option. I traveled to some countries in Asia and Africa and was able to use my own VoIP softphone to call back to the US either via the computer or smartphone clearly.

After signing up, I was able to use the SIP credentials to make calls ON THE SAME DAY! The adapter arrived 2 or 3 days later, all setup and ready to go. We live in California. It was sent from Texas.

I have to say that my Internet connection/service plays a big factor also. Even in places where the Internet connection is slow, the stability of the service helped to maintain clear calls.

The price is great, especially with a year-long contract. It is the best bang for the buck I have spent so far this year. I am not going back to landline again. There is even a 30-day guarantee.

Take my word for what it's worth. I have been studying and using technology since the mid 90's. I can honestly say that this company is not perfect, but they doing something very right. Check out their forum also if you don't believe me.

My own website: »searchformission.com

Comments:

Review by bnbhoha See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "Cheap, acceptable customer service, free calls to canada and US"
Bad "echos sometimes and disconnects"
Overall "Good value for the money, could be more reliable"

I've had VOIP for 2.5 years now. Initially I was having problems then they upraded me to the linksys PAP (I think they have a router version now). During the past couple of years I've had minor problems which they corrected by moving me to different servers and trouble shooting online (mostly echos and caller ID problems and phone not able to make calls to certain numbers). Occasionally, I would hear echoes intermittently, but it's Voice over IP, so I figured it comes with the territory. Customer service, depending when you call, can have long waits.

Recently, I've been have an interesting issue. When I hang up, a few minutes later the other party would receive multiple calls from me, even though I didn't call them. And when a party calls me and hangs up (I never called them at all), they would receive multiple calls from my line. I called customer service and they created a ticket. 4 minutes later I receive an e-mail asking if I'm still experiencing the problem. Really?

Overall, the price is right. Customer service could be a tad bit better. Call quality is acceptable and hopefully the problems could be ironed out. I just regret renewing for another two years for the special rate. If this new problem doesn't resolve itself in the next few days, I would have like to move on. It's rather embarrassing to have your phone call some multiple times, especially if you don't know the person that well. Voipo seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews and my problem might just be an isolated incident.

Comments:

Review by dxhelinski See Profile

• Location: Broken Arrow,Wagoner,OK
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (999 month contract)
Good "Price, Voice Quality, Construction"
Bad "none"
Overall "Excellent"

Cost of the hardware is high, but can make it up in 6 months of standard land line. Would recommend

member for 12.8 years, 389 visits, last login: 3.4 years ago

Comments:

Review by porear See Profile

• Location: Friendswood,Galveston,TX
Good "Great support, CEO personally involved, great pricing, good service"
Bad "Web control panel needs slight polish, new customer/existing offers a little confusing"
Overall "A company that listens and is involved, great pricing for good service"

After researching options for ending my long term stay at Vonage, I down-selected to VOIPo and Callcentric. In the end the VOIPo product seemed like a better fit for me. I was impressed by the reviews here on this site and the commitment of VOIPo's CEO in monitoring and professionally responding to issues.

I signed up for monthly service to try out VOIPo, and had a Grandstream 502 adapter in a little over a week. The device is compact and initialized quickly after connecting. I have it installed downstream of another router. I had contacted support to request an RT31P2 if available but was told specific devices could not be requested. I believe VOIPo at the moment exclusively ships the 502s.

A plus for me was being able to use the "Mobile" feature under V-Panel to register my then-Vonage number so that calls from my new temporary VOIPo number appeared on outgoing caller ID as my old number folks I was calling would recognize.

I played a little with the unsupported BYOD features using an RTP300 and eventually got it to work. When going back to the Grandstream, I could no longer hear the other party on incoming calls, although they could hear me. I forwarded all the UDP ports in my router as per online suggestions and things were fixed.

The V-Panel has a fairly spartan look, which I actually like. The menu structure seems to change often as VOIPo upgrades it. The features are pretty rich and with the Beta functions are comparable or surpass Vonage capabilities in my opinion. It is a little buggy at times as things are added or worked on, but the basic critical functionality is always there and support quickly hops on any related trouble tickets.

I made the decision to port, and was signed a porting date. The day came and went with no signs of change, so I pinged VOIPo support the following day, and the porting was completed.

A Vonage nightmare began at this point with unjustified charges taken out of our bank account, but that's another (long) story. The ability to record calls on VOIPo is a nice touch that gave me the leverage to lean on Vonage when different reps gave me different stories.

One minor disappointment in my misunderstanding of terms regarding sign-up and renewal offers. When signing up, I used a free month promo code. At the end of the first month, the second month was free. I then attempted to switch to a yearly plan, and was surprised that the 99/yr offer was for new customers only, with "new" being defined as less than 30 days. Due to the free month, I was nearing 60 days.

However, soon after VOIPo announced a promotion for all customers, new and existing, and I took advantage of a 2 year deal. Of note is that VOIPo does not do contracts, but accepts reduced price pre-pays, so that if you decide to leave before your prepay term is up, you receive a pro-rated refund based upon what the monthly rate would have been for the months you used. The only real risk here then is the stability of the company, with which I am comfortable after seeing their longevity on this site.

I will soon be switching my remaining Vonage line to VOIPo, after taking a few hopefully wise precautions regarding Vonage's access to debiting from my bank account.

Overall, great customer service, great pricing, good service. An added plus is that one can always strike up a thread here on DSL Reports and receive great peer support as well.

For those interested, I kept a running log of my sign up experience at »VOIPo sign up Play by Play

Comments:

Review by zoofreak See Profile

• Location: Irving,Dallas,TX
Good "Plug and Play adapter, Ability to change outgoing Caller ID, Free 2nd Line"
Bad "10 Days to Get Voip Adapter, Multi-ring goes to only one additonal device"
Overall "Lots of Features, Good Price, Financially Sound Company"

I got a new Grandstream HT502 adapter plugged it in behind my Linksys WRT54G router and could make and receive calls, no adjustments needed. They initiated porting my number from Voicepulse right away, but it still took three weeks to complete. This seems typical for voip to voip ports. Voipo gives you a temporary number to use while you are waiting for your number to port in. I was able to forward calls from my old provider to this temp number and set my Voipo outgoing caller id to show my old number. This allowed me to disconnect my old equipment and start using Voipo right away while I waited for the port to complete.

I ended up keeping the temp number Voipo assigned to me and set it up through the website as line two on the Grandstream adapter. I then pointed my Google voice number at it and set it's outgoing caller id to my GV number. Now I don't have to use another adapter + gizmo5 etc to use google voice from my desk.

I was also able to use the sip credentials + Acrobits on an iphone and will be able to make and receive calls as if on my home phone using wifi connections when traveling.

Comments:

Review by artisticcheese See Profile

• Location: Carrollton,Denton,TX
Good "Features, Website, reliability, responsive support"
Bad "Some international rates are more expensive then competition"
Overall "Highly recommend"

This is my fifth Voip provider and so far I would consider it's best choice for me. It pretty much tops all of my previous Voip providers in every aspect except some international rates. I'm using Google Voice for international calls so it does not really matters for me personally but might matter if you plan to use Voipo directly.
Some unique features which I find highly usable

1. 60 minutes of free international calls to select destinations
2. Cloned second line (you can have 2 incoming or outgoing calls at the same time)
3. Free outgoing faxing through website

Comments:

Review by nishiko7 See Profile

• Location: Pleasant Hill,Contra Costa,CA
Good "Super reliable, great quality, good cust. svc, cheap"
Bad "Can't think of anything"
Overall "What's not to like, the best VoIP service I've ever had!"

I couldn't be happier with VOIPo. I've been using them for a couple years, with no complaints. It has been super reliable and no setup hassles. And backed by a strong company (HostGator) that I feel confident paying one or two years in advance for cheaper rates too. I was hesitant after being burned by SunRocket years ago.

Keep up the great job, VOIPo, and you'll have lots of long term customers and a growing customer base. Thanks!

Comments:

Review by zevin See Profile

• Location: Kingsville,Kleberg,TX
Good "Call Quality and Price - Spot On"
Bad "None... everything works great."
Overall "What else can you ask for?"

---2010 Year End Review---
I have had no problems with my service. The call quality has been great.

I am using a LinksysPAP2 with both jacks used, one jack to the whole house, and one to a cordless phone. I have been able to use eyeBeam soft phone on my laptop with no problems. I have even been able to make calls during my overseas vacations in the Caribbean.

Support and Billing have always been responsive when I had a question or problem.

Thanks for another great year.

***UPDATE***

The service just keeps going and going... The service is wonderful, call quality is great, and the features just keep coming.

VOIPo keeps adding new features. New perks include 60 free minutes of international calling to selected locations, feature control by SMS, simultaneous ring, distinctive ring tones, and more.

I would also like to mention I used the service in Roatan, Honduras, and Curacao, NA with great success. I only made calls to numbers back in the US but quality was great. I was even able to send video at the same time using a X-Lite soft-phone installed on my laptop. Call quality was good at the airport in Houston, TX via the wireless internet connection. I have never had a problem when traveling with my laptop and using a soft-phone.

I totally recommend VOIPo for ease of service, quality, and price. With the 30 day money back guarantee you have nothing to loose.

***ORIGINAL POST BELOW***

I found out about VOIPo by chance, and am so happy with the service. I entered service near the end of Beta testing and before signup I was skeptical of the quality or reliability due to the company being so new. However, knowing the associations VOIPo has with a major US internet web hosting company I decided to try VOIPo. I received my adapter (Grandstream 502) in no time, had it plugged into my network, and was up and running instantly. The quality was spot on, price was right, and the calling features were included.

Being a “plain old telephone” customer switching to VOIP I have found the following:

• True “plug and play” - little to no modifications on my end
• Voice quality is GREAT with no lag or echo.
• User supported telemarketer block and the ability to white or black list incoming numbers has been a true blessing.
• Voice mail will send an email alert with the ability view and listen to messages online in vPanel
• 911 setup was a breeze
• Customer support responds within hours of submitting ticket
• vPanel web interface is smooth and clean – one stop shop for all preferences.

I have taken my adapter to friend’s houses and on vacation and had no problem plugging in. Instant joy.

I have only had two problems that required me to contact support for help.

1. I could not receive or call to a specific cell phone – support modified a few settings on the back end in less than an hour, called me to let me know it was fixed.
2. Voice mail light problem – I think that was system wide due to VOIPo switching to the new voice mail system. No problems now.

I have been so pleased with my service I added two more lines to my account, and I am going to say goodbye Ma Bell.