VOIPO page on DSLReports

Review by fareal See Profile

• Location: Rancho Cucamonga,San Bernardino,CA
Good "Support"
Bad "Adjusting to their growing customer base"
Overall "Recommended"

·Charter
I ordered the service using the Pre-Launch 2 promo on Jan 23, 2008. $135 no other fees for a year of service. I received the PAP2T on Feb 4, 2008. It did work as soon as I connected it, although there were a few hiccups.

Apparently I signed up during a bad time. Voipo's supply of Grandstream adapters were no longer available, thus the reason I got the PAP2T. Actually I'm glad I got the PAP2T as I hear it is better for users that connect the ATA behind their router. During approximately the first week of service or so, there were several issues at Voipo that did effect phone service. Also there were a few issues with my account that I needed to open a ticket to get resolved. Considering all of these issues, their support always pulled through in a reasonable amount of time and I seem to be problem free since that first week.

My number porting took 10 days to complete.

I'm curious to see their rates for service after their pre-launch promos and when it comes time for me to renew in a year. Hopefully the good VoIP service continues as well as their great support and innovative ideas to add to their control panel.

Comments:

Review by me1212 See Profile

• Location: Pleasant Hill,Cass,MO
Good "Tech support, clone line, price, works with wireless."
Bad "website neeeds a bit of work."
Overall "Get VOIPo! If you can."

When I first got the adapter it would not register and took 4 day to do get it working, this is because I use a WISP and a wireless router which causes a double NAT. The tech support is the best there is they kept at it 'till they got it working, if I could I would give them a 7.

Once we got it working it is MUCH better the our POTS with that we had to have the volume at MAX on our phones, and now at the second lowest setting it is 10x better audio quality. There is a broken word every now and again, but that due to wireless not being as stable as wired. Setting the QoS on my router helped with this.

Over all love it.
I will update from time to time.

UPDATE: FEB 01 2009. Well, I got my number ported, it went well, it took more than 14 days, but still a great service, price, and it rocks.

Tech support still #1.

I was hit by the device getting un-registered thing, but I'm back up and running now.

Well, not much more to say, I will update more when I need to.

Update 02/21/2009

Got a new phone system, and VOIPo still is working great. I have not had a real problem since I got the PAP2 ATA, everything has been working great, I read some posts that others were having problems, but I have not had any.

I hope VOIPo keeps up the good work.

Will update when needed.

member for 5.4 years, 2108 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by havahava See Profile

• Location: Fairfax,Fairfax,VA
Good "Great Support Stuff , courteous and willing to help"
Bad "You need too much help from the support staff to make this work , mine is still not resolved"
Overall "VOIPO not ready for prime time or has too many issues that still needs to be ironed out"

I have been with VOIPO for 2 months now and haven't had a week of trouble free service. The only time I did not have to interact with support was when I was on vacation for 10 days.

Issues :

1) Static on my phone , after some tweaking yesterday seems like one way. I could barely hear the other side but my voice was loud and clear.

2) Sometimes the phone rings and I pickup the phone and it's dead air, sometimes the phone doesn't ring at all and fails over to my cell phone.

3) Interestingly I have found that rebooting Grandstream ATA fixes the problem ( everytime) . I even tried one of those timers that switches off/on the adapter every night but not much help. So now before making a call I reboot my ATA and then call people.

4) Support has moved me around to different servers but of no avail. They addressed the STUN server issue but of no avail.

5) Support shipped me Linksys PAPT2 , it didn't work but support was able to identify DNS issues. After it got resolved it worked for 3 hrs and it stopped registering. Support says it is some wierd issue .

If I were to charge minimum pay for the amount of time I have spent with customer support this service turns out to be far more expensive than Vonage which by the way worked just fine behind the very same ISP and router for 5 years.

I am sure this service will improve given the quality of support folks but I really like a service where you don't even need to call support. As regards Vonage I had 1 call to customer service in 5 yrs I was with them.

Comments:

Review by jjgb10 See Profile

• Location: Kasson,Dodge,MN
Good "Great call quality, reliability, and support!!!"
Bad "None to list"
Overall "This is going to be the most reliable and rock solid VOIP provider out there!"

·Charter
I have been in beta with VOIPo for over a year now and I have to say I have had less downtime with them than any other service I have had. Power, cable, internet, Viatalk, and water are probably down more than VOIPo ever is every year.

I used to have Viatalk and it would go down randomly and be choppy and have inconsistent performance. I stayed with them for 2 years and kept thinking it was our connection that was bad. I was VERY wrong... Once I got VOIPo, all calls went through and there were never any problems at all. Call quality was excellent from day 1 and their alpha/beta service is better than Viatalk and Sunrocket when we had them also in their production stages!!

VOIPo has taken over 2 years to finalize their product and work out all the bugs to make a very stable Voip platform that will run very smoothly when new customers start coming in. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone when they launch here in the August/September range. They are going to have some launch specials also so stay tuned!!

UPDATE 1-25-2009

Well, we have had VOIPo for over 2 years now and it has been AMAZING compared to Sunrocket and Viatalk when we had them. Support has been excellent and the call quality is still great as it has always been. We have never had any noticeable outage yet in over 2 years and everything works great.

I still Highly Recommend VOIPo to anyone looking for a great, stable company with great features and support. Their CEO, Tim, is also excellent and will take care of any issues you have at anytime. Awesome!!!

member for 9.4 years, 3431 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by yahig See Profile

• Location: North Adams,Berkshire,MA
Good "Good Price"
Bad "Couldn't port my number then dropped the ball on my refund"
Overall "Pain in the neck !"

BEWARE OF VOIPo ... I read all the good reviews so I signed up in early December. I expected to receive equipment after paying $164.00 for year 1 and sending in my porting request. 2 weeks passed and they said sorry can't port your number (which I had ported to Vonage from Verizon years ago). O.K. refund please ! Then the long silence began............ I hate disputing transactions on my credit card. Now VOIPo keeps saying to return equipment, I keep saying" I didn't recieve it , give me a tracking number". Their response," return equipment " Good customer service ? These guys don't read their mail ! It's like talking to a wall . BEWARE..If I didn't know of DSL reports high standards I'd suspect VOIPo had some cheaky monkey locked in their basement typing out all those positive reviews ! Thought I had escaped but, guess it"s another month of "International customer service abuse" ( May I call you by your first name ?) courtesy of Vonage for me.

member for 12.5 years, 184 visits, last login: 1.4 years ago

Comments:

Review by Taskbar See Profile

• Location: Lake City,Columbia,FL
Good "First year was only $99 for the whole year plus $36 taxes!!"
Bad "At the moment not a lot of documentation."
Overall "Regardless of lack of documentation VoiPO is a top notch company!!"

I have been with VoiPO since December 1, 2008. So far the service has been exceptional for me. After placing my order online, I received my ATA in roughly 5 days later. The package was mailed US Priority mail. I opened the package envelope and inside were: VoiPo Quick Reference Guide, Setting Up Your VoiPo Device, Important E911 Information, and or course the Grandstream ATA with power adapter, and telephone cord. The first thing I did was review the setup instructions, and made a decision right then to install my ATA behind my D-Link router (not in front). Installation went smoothly for me with no issues whatsoever. It should be noted that I did setup my ATA for static IP addressing, and this was no issue either. In about 5 minutes I was making and receiving telephone calls. I signed in to my Control Panel and this went smoothly as well. I setup call filters on both outgoing and incoming calls, and this worked smoothly as well. The voice quality on my Comcast cable connection is outstanding-- no echo and folks do not even know I am calling from a voip connection either!! One another note support is second to none both over the telephone, trouble tickets submitted online, and getting assistance on DSLReports.com website. I can honestly say that VoiPO is a company that truly values our thoughts and impressions. Other companies should take note to VoiPO's business model

Comments:

Review by robnitro9 See Profile

• Location: Woodhaven,Queens,NY
Good "great call quality, faxing works unlike Broadvoice, great customer/tech support, great prices"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Great price, great service, should've signed up with them before!"

I quit broadvoice due to their caller id not picking up names of neighbor's calls. Also I was pissed at their big company attitude with the charges and lackluster customer service.

VOIPO has been great to me so far. They gave me a modem that has a cloned line, meaning I can make a call while someone else is on the phone. I did not expect this.

Their customer service helped me a lot with the questions I had before signing up.

I had an issue with inbound calls going straight to voicemail on the day it was ported from BV. The ticket was responded to quickly and problem fixed, they even gave me an extra month of free service for this inconvenience. I doubt broadvoice would do that, heck they even didn't give me back an automatic pro rate yet (I am asking for it now) for paying for January, but using only 4 days!

Also, they were quick to fix an issue on the website not showing my voicemail and device list.

I hope they stay like this. It seems like they have great customer support by treating their employees well.

Comments:

Review by htech007 See Profile

• Location: Eagle,Cass,NE
Good "Great customer service! Solid VOIP and easy setup!"
Bad "None so far! Signup might need to be tweaked a little."
Overall "A young company but it offers excellent support, value, and if it continues it will be gold!"

I signed up for the one year promo after reading all the good reviews. A lot of long time users with a lot of VOIP experience led me to sign up. The promo deal was too go to pass up. After signing up I had several tickets in to get some questions answered and a couple minor issues fixed. Support is the best I have seen! Tickets get an intelligent answer within several hours, sooner if they are a higher priority. So far the call quality is excellent. I have been with several companies and so far I love what I see. Very responsive. The wife made several calls and asked if we got a land line or what I did to improve the quality! Can't wait to report back in several months. Time will tell but right now, the responsiveness of the technical support\billing department eased my mind into getting service for a company I did not even knew existed a couple months ago. I did try to sign up as a beta tester a while back but got the email that they were going public. Glad I signed up for the email! looking forward to actually using my phone! The efax features, 800 service and extra addons I can use in the future will be great.

Comments:

Review by DoozerM See Profile

• Location: Vienna,Fairfax,VA
Good "Very Responsive Support to Critical Issues, Call Quality, Features, Cost, Roaming E911"
Bad "Only Weekday Support"
Overall "If you don't mind not having 24x7 support, this is a great and fairly inexpensive VOIP provider"

I recently ordered Voipo for a second phone line (I use POTS for the first line due to Alarm System, Wife......). The first time I tried to order the service, the web site crashed (growing pains?). After about 20 minutes, the system was up and running again and I ordered the service. After 3 days I received the Grandstream ATA adapter they provided, plugged it in and it didn't register with their server. I opened a ticket and surprisingly got a response within 5 hours - which is surprising because it was a Saturday and their support is only M-F. They recreated my account and the service started working. I then noticed that my inbound calls were not getting through. I logged another support call and again got a response on the weekend - stating that my number was having issues and they logged a ticket with L3. They immediately provided me a FREE virtual number to allow others to call me in the mean time while the number wasn't working. It was resolved within 3 hours although support never told me it was fixed (I was just glad it was fixed). They also gave me an extra month service for all of my troubles (another very cool move). Since the problems have been fixed, I have had flawless service. Also, since they fixed the problems so quickly, I give them an A+ in support. They are definitely worth checking out.

One cool feature is the roaming E911. I ordered my number to be closer to my parents-in-laws in a different state, but thanks to roaming E911 I still have my address as the place where emergency calls gets routed. Very Cool !!!

Comments:

Review by perki See Profile

• Location: Santa Maria,Santa Barbara,CA
Good "Easy Online Startup"
Overall "Is this truly the Obama of Voip"

Review to come as soon as equipment arrives, but i will give the reason of why i switched.

VoipYour Life is a amazing voip provider with lots of nice people but they lacked some features i have been wanting( Like Telemarketing Blocks, custom caller id, Advanced Call Routing, etc.) No company really had all of these until Voipo came along. So im going to try it for a week and if alls good then ill keep it. Only problem so far was the misleading $99 dollar for a year offer (really $165 after activation fees and E911 Service) I only hope that after the years over the price will stay below 22.99. (Vonage 24.99, VoipYourLife 23.99 so a dollar off that will be progress)