VOIPO page on DSLReports

Review by Goliath13 See Profile

• Location: Los Angeles,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Local Call Center. Answer Calls, Tech Support."
Bad "The Calling and Receiving Part Sucks."
Overall "Decent Value but terrible voice quality, receipt and sending of calls."

So I've had VoipO for over a year. I've been using this service with the Pap2 adapter connected to my router and 2 Panasonic cordless phones.

I'm also a customer of Voip.ms and callwithus at my office (very happy there). I decided to go with VOIPO here because I thought it would be the better value with the wife calling the east coast all the time and they had an unlimited rate. First off the WAF is terrible and I really can't blame her.

I would say 50% of calls made return a busy signal even though the other end isn't busy. That's a 50% success rate.

When others call us either there is a few second delay or we just don't get sound and look like idiots repeatedly saying hello hello hellllooo ....

Call quality isn't good although I can't objectively say it's because of my phones or the Pap2 connector or VOIPo.

In the beginning we were getting messages from the phone saying no service or whatever. A couple of calls to VOIPo fixed that.

On the plus side they do have a local call center and you can actually call them and get somebody else on the other side. Their customer service seems on the better side of the other voip vendors I've tried who just deal with e-mails.

Overall, if you're persistent you can get a call and make a call after a few tries, in my case at least but honestly why should it be so hard?

I'm anxiously waiting for the day my service expires with this company and I'll be switching to somebody else.

Comments:

Red Hazard
join:2012-07-21
O Fallon, IL

Cannot Use Home Wiring with Voipo????!

Removed comments and started a new thread.

djrobx
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
·VOIPO

File a trouble report ticket

I've had Voipo for quite a while. I started having trouble with 1-way calls.

I finally got tired of it and created a tech support incident. The first "repair" caused my call quality to go from crystal clear to crap. The second round though, they appear to have fixed it. The most interesting part is that whatever they did also fixed the delay when answering calls. No more "helllooo? hello??".

I've dealt with that damn delay for so long, it's unbelievably refreshing to be able to just answer the phone and talk!
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

Review by SuperNet9 See Profile

• Location: Harwood Heights,Cook,IL
Good "Cheap, Good service when it works, Tech Support"
Bad "Bad service twice a month atleast"
Overall "Buy if your fine with Calling tech support twice a month!"

Update 6-28-12

I canceled VoIPO due to many factors, it just didn't work well for me and since I barley used the service I expected to work when I needed it to. I talked to there tech support many times and even have voipotim get me to a higher tech support and they just couldn't help..

To cancel the service was pretty painless so that is a plus!!

When it works it is great but when it doesn't it sucks!

Update 3-6-12,

I really only use VoIPO service on Monday's and Tuesdays for a total of 15 calls..
I noticed a lot of issue, 1) I have to reboot my TA every other call. 2) Other person who I call can't hear me, but I can hear them, 3) Call's drop..

But I must say, when It works, it works great.. I just wish it worked great 97% of the time.

- SuperNet
-------------------

I had VoIPo for about 7 months now and at least twice a month I have to do a web tech support chat, granted they fix it but it comes back..

For awhile, I had the phone call disconnect after 5 min of use..
Then I had a dial tone, but when I made a call, it never rang
Often times, I don't have a dial tone and I had to reboot the TA..

I recommend this service if you don't really use the phone much like I do and can deal with issues.

EDIT/UPDATE: After speaking with VoipoTim, He sent me out a new TA and everything seems to be working fine(knock on wood).. So I am updating this review, at this point I would recommend them to anyone, even my mom:)..

Go VoIPO !!!

member for 12 years, 5692 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by motoracer See Profile

• Location: Valencia,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Cheap, good customer service, great call quality"
Bad "Absolutely none."
Overall "I would recommend VOIPo to anyone."

Update 5/26/12 - Still working like a charm. No problems/complaints.

-------------------------------------------------------

Update 7/12/11 - Just wanted to update my review to say I haven't had any problems with my service. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks VOIPo!

-------------------------------------------------------

Update: 2/17/11 - Service has been really stable. No problems. Highly recommend VOIPo!

--------------------------------------------------------

Update: 9/24/09 - No problems at all for the last few months. Keep up the good work guys/gals!

----------------------------------------------------------

Update: 5/16/09 - Phones have been a little unreliable as of late. I'll sometimes pick up my phone and get no dialtone. I've also sporadically had calls directed to my failover number. The problem usually fixes itself, but nonetheless, still having problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Update: 4/15/09 - Haven't had a single problem since my ATA replacement. I have upgraded my scorecard of VOIPo accordingly. Keep up the good work Tim and team!

------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 4/9/09 - VOIPo has been great lately - the only complaint I have is that I'm getting an echo during phone conversations every once in awhile (it'll last about 45 seconds then go away). Outside of the echo, I haven't had any problems. Good job VOIPo.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 3/27/09 - I haven't had my phone go down once (other than when my DSL went down for a little bit // not due to VOIPo) since the PAP2T replacement. I'm upgrading VOIPo's rating in this review to reflect the better service - will do so again in the future if it is warranted.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 2/28/09 - All has been working well as of late. Hopefully the kinks have been cleared up.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I've had many problems with VOIPo's reliability. Due to issues outside of my control, my ATA loses registration, and it won't automatically re-register itself **as it's supposed to** until I physically reboot the device forcing it to re-register. It's to a point where I randomly use my phone to call my cell just to see if it's working (not good at all). As of now, I would not recommend anyone switching to VOIPo until they get a lot of kinks worked out.

I'll add more updates down the line.

• Location: Grove City,Franklin,OH
Good "Great voice quality and Technical Support"
Bad "Not much really..."
Overall "Switch NOW"

I have had VOIPO for about 4 months and I am most impressed. A couple of times I needed technical support and they were quick and very helpful. The features of the phone are great. If you have people calling you don't want to talk to, you can make sure they hear a busy signal or a couple of options. I do agree that the web interface could use some spucing up but for what I was paying AT&T a few months ago it is ok by me. The call quality is as good as AT&T. I have no regrets about the change and would suggest it to anyone that wants to $200-300 / year.

(review was emailed from domain sbcglobal.net)

Comments:

Review by videonex See Profile

• Location: Fullerton,Orange,CA

For simplicity at the price, can't be beat. Take advantage of the 2 year pre pay deal. Can't go wrong.

member for 13.2 years, 3808 visits, last login: 347 days ago

Comments:

Review by csiemers See Profile

• Location: Portland,Multnomah,OR
Good "Plug and Play"
Bad "Wasn't using years ago"
Overall "Working fine for us, might for you too!"

We had cut the land line thinking we could just use cell phones. However, to save more money had to cut back on unlimited cell minutes so got Voipo to supplement that.
Ordered on-line and about a week later received the device to plug into network.
Had to contact Voipo support to get a couple minor configurations issues taken care of, but they did it quickly.
Have had about a month now so time will tell.

member for 14.1 years, 6642 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Brian in MD See Profile

• Location: Maryland, US
Good "Reliable, excellent call quality"
Bad "None!"
Overall "Excellent new VOIP company with a ton of potential"

I've been using the VOIPo beta for well over a year now, and service has been excellent. Call quality is on-par or better than most of the providers I've used, and the guys running things really seem to care about overall quality of their product. Downtime has been almost non-existent (considering it's still in beta, that's pretty good!), and the feature set is full of all the essentials. The control panel is home-grown, and functions perfectly, with changes taking effect immediately, and the interface is simple for anyone to use.

Please note that the total monthly price doesn't include fees, as those aren't known yet, but I'll update this review once they are.

Overall, even though the company hasn't gone large-scale yet, I think VOIPo has a ton of potential to become huge.

Update - 12/22/08 - Service has continued to work flawlessly. There have been no outages or significant disruptions. Everything is still great!

Update - 4/4/08 - All is good. My GrandStream device has been replaced with a PAP2T and things seem very stable. New features (including SimulRing) have been launched.

Update - 9/8/09 - All is still good. A bunch of new features, including 60 mins/mo of international calling. The service has been rock solid for me.

member for 11.4 years, 4176 visits, last login: 192 days ago

Comments:

Review by Napsterbater See Profile

• Location: Milledgeville,Baldwin,GA
Good "Reliable, BYOD/PBX"
Overall "Great Service"

·Windstream
Update 04-07-12: Been with them now for well over 2 years and not a single problem with them, very cheap pricing when you go for the 2yr deals they do all the time, still using my own PBX as a BYOD and zero issues.

Reliable
Allow BYOD/PBX
Virtual Numbers
Numbers available in areas others don't have.

No trouble out of them for over a year

member for 11.8 years, 4548 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by mogulman See Profile

• Location: Parker,Douglas,CO
Good "Signup was very fast, Call Quality was initially great, a lot of features, support is friendly"
Overall "Good service for the $$"

I've had VoIP services with many provides. I currently have service with VoIPo and another provider. Initially the VoIPo service worked really well, except for some DTMF issues. Sign up was quick and easy. Their support people have been friendly but haven't really been able to help me fix the issues I'm having.

The equipment I received was kind of lame. I received a big Linksys RT31P2 router instead of a smaller PAP2(t) device. I didn't need or want a router, but am using it. Also, it was used. It did seem to work OK, so that was a good thing.

I really like all the features and people from Voipo, but the service hasn't been working for me well lately.

Main issues:

DTMF recognition dialing into conference calls or voicemail systems. This works intermittently depending on the phone number I am dialing into. I have 2 phone numbers for one service. DTMF works with one number but not the other. This hasn't worked well for 6-8 months. I tried working with Voipo support, but they finally gave up.

Voice Quality - This has started becoming a problem over the last 2 months. I finally called in last week. Today I re-opened that ticket and hopefully it will be escalated to Tier 2.

10/2011 At this point I'm almost at the point of cancelling service even though I've paid for another year. I'll have to see if things get resolved over the next day or 2.

BTW... nothing has changed on my side to prompt the Voipo issues (as far as I know)...

I have SIP/RTP ports forwarded from my router to the Voipo ATA. I have SPI firewalls off and other recommended settings. Additionally, at the same time that I have issues with VoIPo, the quality on my other provider has been great.

2/2012 About a month after I posted the above post. I got a new ATA from Voipo. This fixed my DTMF issues. I wish it hadn't taken so long to diagnose this, but everything has been working great now for the last 4 months. DTMF is working well too.

3/12/2012 - Just an updated comment. The service still seems to be working pretty well. One thing that I've noticed over the year I've had service is that I'll have issues completing a call to a certain number. I can call using a different provider or my cell phone to the same number. I create a ticket. Voipo support tells me my firewall is a problem or something else. Then they change the routing on their end for the number, and it starts working. Problem fixed. But is seems like every time, they initially think it is something on my end. Also, this has happened about 5-10 times over the year with different phone numbers.

member for 12.1 years, 2124 visits, last login: 222 days ago

Comments:
NYC Girl
join:2007-02-04
Bronx, NY

You can cancel and get a prorated refund.

I had the service and had to cancel. Stopped working well after approximately 30 days. Since switched back to optimum voice and then FIOS digital voice due to great deal.

• Location: Leawood,Johnson,KS
Good "Excellent call quality, support, price and features."
Bad "No outgoing caller ID showing name, just phone number. No text transcription of voice-mail message by e-mail or text."

I had Ooma, with lots of phone problems, expensive up-front equipment costs,
double the VOIPo monthly costs, and horrible support Stay away from this
company, especially if you're porting a number or using an AT&T 2-wire
modem-router. Then I had Vonage-no complaints except the price, $36+ per
month, including taxes and regulatory fees. Vonage may be a good choice if
you're making a high volume of international calls. VOIPo, for $165 for two
years ($6.88 per month), including taxes and regulatory fees is wonderful.
Excellent call quality, the best support in the industry (completely US
staff, knowledgeable, capable, cooperative and polite), no charge for
equipment (but you must return it upon termination of service) and almost
all the features you can imagine. The only features of which I am aware
that VOIPo doesn't offer are outgoing caller ID showing you name (it just
shows your number) and transcribed text of incoming voice mails by e-mail or
text (you do get e-mail and text voice-mail notifications, one of them with
the actual message attached as media file.) Unless these two features
deal-breakers for you, you really need to try VOIPo. Although, to get the
best price, you need to pay the two-year total up front, it is my
understanding there is no contract and you may cancel, with a pro rata
refund, at any time. For the first 30 days, I believe they offer a full
refund.

(review was emailed from domain ljzlaw.com)