BroadStripe page on DSLReports

Review by Big Hurt See Profile

• Location: Homer,Calhoun,MI
Bad "Really nothing as of right now"
Overall "Now a very good service, cant wait till the new tiers go into effect"

I had residential service through Broadstripe at 15/2 which was really good for gaming, but I was thinking that the business class would be even better for gaming. I was totally wrong. For one I was told by my business sales rep that it was going to be a dedicated line and that no one but me would be using that bandwidth. Second they said that my pings where going to be cut in half because it was a dedicated line with a static ip address. They also said I should never drop below 8/2. I was always below that. So I called support yesterday the 30th and they said they were going to send a tech out today the 31st. Well the tech got here around 12pm and he was done by 12:15pm. He said that everything looks good, which I already knew because I did some looking online on how to check my signal strengths at my modem. As soon as he went out the door I called Broadstripe to switch back to residential service.

May 7, 2011

Well it has been a while since I updated this and tell you the truth it is doing a lot better. My speeds are a lot better and gaming still has some issues with pings and lag, but by what I was told Broadstripe does not support gaming online. I really wish they would take the time to fix some of the problems with there high latencies. Everyone I play online with has 4 bars where I always have 3. All of my friends have Comcast. Oh well I guess one day I will have 4 bars hopefully.

Still doing good.

September, 12 2012

Ever since W.O.W took over my service is doing really well. I cant wait till they start the new 30Mpbs and 50Mpbs tiers.

Comments:

Review by jadite See Profile

• Location: South Lyon,Oakland,MI
Good "least expensive alternative"
Overall "everything is working great now....very pleased"

very happy with my service

Comments:

Review by gamepro100 See Profile

• Location: Glen Burnie,Anne Arundel,MD
Good "No Contract, Cheap, Reliable"
Bad "Administrative problems. Monopolizes certain areas"
Overall "It's ok, have billing support on speed dail because your gonna need it."

I called comcast upon moving into my new home only to find out they don't serve my housing community. After a little research I found out broadstripe is the sole provider of broadband for the area (DSL was not available either). I only bought their internet service so I can't comment on their VOIP or Cable. The internet is 15/1 at 36$ including taxes&fees. There is no contract.

Installation was finished in less than 30 minutes and went smoothly. In 2 months I've only had one major outage that lasted several hours. Otherwise the service seems reliable, with respectable pings and consistent advertised speed. A router is not supplied by broadstripe, so make sure you have your own.

It took 3 phone calls and an e-mail to get them to fix errors in my account information. I have yet to receive a paper bill from them, but luckily I looked at my bill online. I've been told by my neighbors to watch my bill "like a hawk" because their billing department is very disorganized as corroborated by my experience.

Comments:

Review by lucyk1 See Profile

• Location: Leslie,Ingham,MI
Good "I spoke to a salesperson who was informative, could install if needed and told me all the fees!"
Bad "So far, none...."
Overall "Great price, Fast Internet, more reliable than the dish!"

I have Cable TV and Internet. The sales person was in the neighbor hood and was friendly & approachable. He knew how to install the service and gave me a lot of options. When he quoted the price, it included everything but tax. To my surprise the tax was less than $1 more.

I couldn't take advantage of immediate install so 3 days later including a Sunday; I was installed with no issues. They even ran an extra outlet to a bedroom for free at the time of install.

I was a dish customer paying the same rate I pay for both services and I have no issues streaming TV shows on line. It's more reliable than the dish.

Comments:

Review by glfr72 See Profile

• Location: Carnation,King,WA
Good "Fast Internet, regularly 12 mb down, 2 mb up"
Bad "website is awful, Non-Digital TV needs improvement"
Overall "Still a bit pricey, but good"

Signed up for a talk and surf bundle - better than DSL and Satelite - much much faster - VOIP works pefectly (magic jack). Service tech was perfect. Dual turner was defective, Broadstripe replaced it the next day. Website is terrible - totally lacking information about services and equipement. However if you call the service reps from Michigan are very helpful.

Comments:

Review by nidaros See Profile

• Location: Duvall,King,WA
Good "My services have not gone out."

You know, most of you people just make stuff up or dramatize what others have wrote about.
First off, All successful connectivity comes from your Department of Public Works being able to successfully manage the effects from weather related conditions. Fiber/Coaxial conditions exist because you people choose to live in a flood plain.
HELLO LOUISIANA!!!! Anyone learn anything yet.

Yes system upgrades are happening, and yet they will effect customer systems, but to exaggerate your packet loss, becuase you bought a crappy router, or wireless router is not the ISP's fault.

Not to mention, how come there is no mention of CABLE SERVICE PROVIDER problems, in the town meeting minutes... Duvall publishes the minutes online, and I can't find anything... So does anyone actually go to the meetings, or are you all just making crap up, and spreading it like the soil you live on????

One last thing, has one out there read all the published problems with the other ISP in the area? People only publish their complaints, and don't bother with the good comments.

So I bet if we all google the are ISP for Duvall you will also read complaints.
There is no pleasing, bored, unemployed, deliquent users.
Go get a job, and pay your bills. Maybe you wont have service interuptions.

Get a life!!! Get a Job.

Comments:

Review by SWSDuvall See Profile

• Location: Duvall,King,WA
Good "Newly upgraded system, fiber loop installed in Duvall, Wa"
Bad "None yet (only 2 weeks with them)"
Overall "Awesome value now: $54/mo for 15Meg d/l and 2 Meg u/l"

Broadstripe has relayed their infrastructure in Duvall, Wa. They now have very high speed and reliable service in Duvall.

They installed $500k of hardware to upgrade Duvall to "modern" standards per the sales rep. Fiber loop, new low loss trunk lines, etc. They said Duvall is their first upgrade city/site thus the fast install service to generate a customer base.

I used to be on Verizon ATM at 1.5 Meg d/l and 128k (yes, K) upload. Broadstripe took a BIG hit at the city council last year for LOUSY service. They "invested" big $$ in Duvall. The sales people are going door to door to tell people about the upgraded service. Got me to switch. I was paying $45/mo for 1.5M/128k. Now for $30/mo for 1st 6 months and $55 after I get 15Meg/2Meg. And it works! Via Speedtest.com to Los Angels, I peak at 17 meg d/l and 1.9 meg u/l. Downloading a 1.5 GIG update to Americas Army via peer to peer, I was seeing 15 meg consistently!

I say give them a chance in Duvall. BUT, if you order from them, be sure to mention that Duvall has been upgraded, otherwise you'll be provisioned at 6meg/384k