NetINS page on DSLReports

Review by FreedTech See Profile

• Location: Atlantic,Cass,IA
Good "At least there is high speed internet in the country."
Bad "Slow service for the price!"
Overall "Slow but reliable (at least)"

I live in the country on an acreage so I was very excited to see that the local phone company offered DSL. Granted it isn't the fastest in the world but at least it isn't dial up or satellite!

Local phone company was very good in getting my house and modem activated. All we had to do was pick up the modem and plug it in.

member for 3.4 years, 846 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by ihatenetins See Profile

• Location: Griswold,Cass,IA
Good "Fast hook up, get dsl at home 15 miles away from office, 10 miles out in rural from town"
Bad "they say UP TO SPEEDS OF not GUARANTEED! Bad bandwidith for video conferencing using viable vpad or sorenson videophone"
Overall "too much money for too little service Better than dish internet though"

The griswold telephone co-op is a ripoff, they require you to have phone line, 25 dollar for basic package then charge you 50 for 256 download/ 128 upload or 75 for 512 download/256 upload or 100 a month for 705 download/512 upload speed rates but guess what? i had the 512/256 option and i never see upload over 100 k or downloads over 350k i keep testing on dslreports.com and speedtest.net hey come out very close but its still very disapponting to find out you dont get what you expect.

When i read the contract they said they will waive 99 dollar installation fee, yet we already have it installed it before we came here. they also said SPEEDS UP TO not guaranteed speeds so thats also very frustrating and disapponting. I cant use video conference equipment with their speeds even when my equipment could use 128k down and up no problem they make it all blurry and stupid. they tried to charge us $350 dollar for a draytek vigor 2500 modem, we had them give us draytek vigor 2700e due to my requirement for dmz also. they act like modem is their own property and like nothing can touch them even angry customers. I hope new service comes here and overshadow this company.

They convinced me by letting me test drive their internet right inside their building bam its very fast then at home bah way much bigger difference in speeds. even my mother have the 512k option and she is 3 blocks away from the office still bad quality as well.

UNFORTAUNTELY for now its either netins dial up which is worse or hughes net or directway which is even worse than netins dsl. SO for that im grateful but im not grateful for how netins works with small town co-op. Also when i call netins offical support about techincal problem they ask me for info and just type it in instead of pulling up a file. they seem to not have a file on you at all, They would be like helpful but ignorant and not know lot about their equipment. Then when you are done talking with the netins offical support, they dont give you a solution, they just say OK WE WILL CALL YOU RIGHT BACK but guess what? i never get a call back yet.

If it was up to me, I'd just come in the town with big stack of money and kick em out of business and take over and give better service for better prices.

NETINS AND TELEPHONE CO-OP IS MONOPOLIZING THE SMALL TOWNS!!!

Comments: