Xnet page on DSLReports

Review by a4nic8er See Profile

• Location: New Zealand
Good "Good, consistent speed (for aDSL)."
Bad "Only 12/7 phone support, takes some time and effort to get problems resolved."
Overall "Much better than Xtra was."

After months of issues with Telecom Xtra (see »sqwert.net for details). I moved to this smaller ISP. Hoping not too many others do, so that the contention ratios stay low

No equipment supplied as I was churning. Less than 5 hours from phone call to completion.

Customers can select (and adjust) their own monthly data usage I chose the "Full Line Speed" speed option at NZ$49.95/month + 10GB = NZ$59.95/month capped spending (if I exceed 10GB speed is reduced to 64/64). I only pay for the data used so, if I use 5GB I only pay NZ$54.95.

Over 6 months with them now. I consistently get about 4500kbps down, 775kbps up. No signs of packet loss (yet).

Update #1:
Quality of service has deteriorated noticeably over the past 6 months. I am now experiencing serious packet loss issues and poor speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends). Yet another ISP that has failed to maintain a quality service.

Update #2:
It took some time and effort on my part (conducting several weeks of WinMTR tests and emailing them to support) to get the quality/packet loss issue sorted out, but they rectified it once I had proven my case. Reliable, good quality service since.

member for 13.6 years, 2017 visits, last login: 93 days ago