Ultimate Internet Access page on DSLReports

Review by franksc1 See Profile

• Location: San Bernardino,San Bernardino,CA
Good "None Relative To The Competition"
Bad "Worthless Tech Support, High Rate Packet Loss Rate, Slow Speeds"
Overall "Only Purchase Dial-up From Them"

I had Ultimate Internet Access (UIA) out of Claremont, CA for over 8 months. I decided to switch to Linkline because UIA's speed is very, very unstable. One day it would be adequate, and the next it would plunge to around 40 kbs. It appears they are way over saturated to properly provide the needed resources for their DSL customers. What was so frustrating is that when I called them about the speed problems, I was told it was either my computer had the problem or GTE had the problem. They would NEVER admit the problem was on their end. I was even told to take my computer to a company I consult for and try it out there! I would explain that I'm less than 5,000 ft. from the CO, had all current drivers, was not experiencing the slow speeds all the time. Furthermore, I would explain that it looked like they were dropping an inordinate number of packets. Again, the problem must GTE or your computer. No one else seems to be having any problems. Well, guess what? I was right and they were wrong. They were causing the problems. I am getting a very consistent 650+ kbs during the day and much better during the evening. I have GTE's bronze plus (768/128).

So far Linkline has been excellent, and I would recommend them, as I have to my clients, to anybody.

Frank Adomitis