TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by whytoolate See Profile

• Location: Courtenay,BC
Good "Its my only and last hope"
Bad "8pm to 12am it seems to be all me all the time and never faster than .83 MBS Took 45 days to get it started and running"
Overall "You need a dns admin and less PPPOE Robots 285 to install 48 bucks a month for basic DSL"

Well its been nearly about 3 months of service so far with Teksavvy. I originally got teksavvy because I had exausted all avenues of services available to me in rural western bc other than this company. Telus has treated me like garbage ever since I tried getting business service at this location , shaw utter garbage as well disconnecting me 3 times and now putting me on some kind of blacklist and tells me I can't have services any more with them because it causes there community problems. I guess the problem is no one seems to set a PTR to what is real and not fake and unmaintained. Regardless of getting into why all the ISP's seem to be criminals lets focus on the ones that are making a legitimate effort at delivering on a service and not isolating and spying on there customer base. I ask myself why do I want the added layer of privacy and they seem to ask themselves the question how can we intercept this customers data better. Well it took about 45 days to get hooked up after talking with teksavvy repeatedly, they never understood how to set up ATM frame relay and have no DHCP servers. They only understand PPPOE because its software automatically uses 255.255.255.255 and dhcp understand propagating numbers on 255.255.255.0 but pppoe is different uses much more overhead of TCP packets and never needs to be maintained. They seem to be unwilling at Telus to open port 25 to even there business installs I guess because no one is left to even maintain there Nortel router. Teksavvy however does have all ports unfiltered wow was that worth waiting 45 days for and arguing with people that dont understand the fundamentals? I dont know why I need internet since it seems its just used to gather information on how to extract dollars from its customers here and less like a service that respects its customers privacy. I dont know exactly whats going on other than no one is at the helm and PPPOE will reign at LIGHTSPEED PPPOE.CA and copperdsl.ca for years with no maintainence until some poor customer comes allong and wants a ip. While I guess how long can this go on is what the real question should be. Im tired of doing everything and having to pay for internet. Yes Im used I know I am used and its pathetic. But why doesnt any isp in BC have class? A dhcp server that can assign static ips, allocate PTR records and enjoy mixing there dns. Why do they all have to be jerks and have literally no control over there network other than push button activation? Maybe you should cry now. Next why doesn't the CRTC test these isps once and awhile to make sure they have full control over there netblocks let them demonstrate how to set and propagate a ip to a PTR on there netblock. Its sad to watch the speed get less and less every night between 8pm-12am and where someone in another country Im guessing by the timeframe starts and stops there shift making things worst only to watch downstream dip below upstream I wonder how is being relyed on the most here the customer or the dns admin that is non existant.

The fact I get 5/.83 is exactly the same as acadias , montreal bottleneck and huricane just reflect that its apart of the network which is controlling caps which has no infastructure. Telus doesn't care about its service area to rural bc and will never invest to do it. Its stupid , look at the airport in the comox valley they said telus invested 17 million in fiber and the dns is recursive to shaw parksville. Its all stupid and backwards in this area I can't ever seem to get out of the 90's for speed and in the 21 century. What is wrong with all of you guys? I swear you have to have a mental illness to work for a ISP these days, every burries there head in the sand and refuses to believe reality and forwards dns to the competition. If this isn't anti-competitiveness I dont know what is.

I sit here starring at canoes all day my mind is slowly getting saturated with something that doesn't exist VDSL. The 999mhz spectrum is so competive I swear shaw pays telus not to invest 700 bucks per dslam to upgrade to VDSL and add a gpon line.

I have no options left, Shaw refuses me service, Telus seems to keep making up bills like rogers and bell what the hell is wrong with all these people?

I ordered 6/1 dsl I got 5/.83 which is .40/.83 at peek hours which means cable and me are mixing is best I can figure out.

I provided my own equipment trust me its not the hardware's error

I can't seem to get what I pay for and I pay dearly for it trying to get Nucleus, Lightspeed and now Techsavvy seems to pay 250 per start up and they are all vengful and impossible to talk to. They all seem to be incapable of understanding reality and do what needs to be done to provide a stable connection. Since there seems to be no admin there things are going to get worst and worst the longer I am connected since they dont understand proper peering with there wholesale providers.

Man am I ever good.

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your Review

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It's not very clear what you are attempting to bring to the review, but if you require help with our Service, please don't hesitate to contact us Via the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

To clarify a few points, yes we use PPPoE, we don't block ports & we do allow for PTR's to be set. Albeit we may have to configure them for you. As for DNS servers, you can use which ever DNS server you prefer.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by kevin brown See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON

I have been a Teksavvy customer for five years. Good experience as long as you don't have to interact directly with them.

I signed up to transfer my internet service to my new property. I decided to move away from Dry Loop/DSL to Cable. I purchased a cable modem from Teksavvy.

I signed up with a sales rep at Teksavvy. They asked for a contact as a way of identifying myself. They didn't tell me that this would be used by Rogers to confirm access to my property on the install date.

The sales rep also took down my address wrong (she entered 32 instead of 22) and yes I had a message on the wrong phone regarding rogers waiting outside the wrong house. I'm now told that they will take 48 hours for their SRA to get off his/her ass and review voice records. They did throw in that the SRA may now expect me to pay a new cable install fee. Services are obviously delay by at least one week. The next threat was "If I cancel then that will be another $25". They really know how to wind up a bad situation for a customer.

If this goes to dispute, I will cancel and I will return my Modem Hardware and seek compensation through a legal small claims.

The initial sales staff are not capable of asking and taking in the right information or giving out important messages.

Their customer service staff demonstrate the lack of empathy dealing with a situation and threaten further charges when you mention leaving.

They don't frighten me and we all have options.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Hello Kevin,

I am sorry to read that your switch from DSL to Cable didn't go as smoothly as expected. I would like to look into your account and see what I can do to have things go faster so we can get you connected asap. Could you confirm your account information by sending me a quick PM TSI Jonathan. I can confirm to you that there will not be another installation fee.

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and will ensure to follow up on it.

Paullll

@bell.ca

-1 recommendation

Re: Review

Very unhappy with them. They've ignored a support issue about service drops for weeks. We're promised 8Mbps upload and only get 2.

We're switching to someone else, probably Comwave.

Hi Paullll,

I'm sorry to hear about your service drops. I wasn't able to locate any direct thread with us and your username is not linked to any accounts. Could you please post in the direct forum with your account information so that we can investigate this issue for you?

Review by tanimhbk See Profile

• Location: Wellesley,ON
Bad "No refund even if they cannot connect you to internet"
Overall "If i buy a service for 202$ and the product didnt work for 3 weeks, I sud get full refund when i return or cancel the service"

I ordered Teksavvy cable on June 28. They charged me 202$ for this and when they could not get me on internet for technical issues (they kept blaming rogers but I was not sure what i have to do with this) by July 18 I cancelled their service. In those 3 weeks they even sent technicians and they could not solve the problem. They keep mentioning the technicians are from Rogers and they are not right all the time, etc. And I am like..didn't you guys send them and now you are saying they are bad? lol So basically after 3 weeks of no service of a new order, i had to cancel my line and asked them for a refund. They refused to refund me any money and told me that they do not have refund any thing until they can resolve the issue. I asked what if it takes years to resolve the issue, they said I have to wait lol. I was talking to a supervisor name "Dave" he said his employee id is 529. He said there is no refund and I asked him there was 100$ charge for the modem and I am returning the modem and there is always a return policy for a purchase. And he got nervous and started saying things that didn't make sense. Anyway I filed complaint at CCTS website as suggested by CCTS cause I am a student and 202$ is a lot for me and I do not think they honor a consumer at all. Its not fair to charge a person 200$+ for a product that didnt work and no refund just because after 3 weeks of calling tech support everyday for hours the customer cancelled the line.

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your Review

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time for doing your review. If you could please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so I can take a look at your situation.

Thanks,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork
tanimhbk

join:2013-07-20
Wellesley, ON

Re: Your Review

Hi Martin I did.

»[Cable] Refund requested for purchase of Cable that did not work

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty getting connection with your services. I have had a chance to review your account with my manager. What we see is multiple attempts at sending a ticket to our vendor to correct this issue, however our vendor never responded to any of our requests; stopping any fix to this issue. Since our vendor never responded to any of our requests to fix your issue we were never able to get this fixed and connected.

Now I do have to tell you, for the most part yes you were advised correctly from our phone agents, as per the terms and conditions we do need to troubleshoot a connection prior to refund. However in this case, we never received a response from our vendor to fix this after sending multiple requests to them. Negating any fix to this issue.

As I said I have been speaking to my manager about this and we are going to provide a full refund for this issue. As there was no resolution when there should have been. If you can check your post in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct I have left some more information for you.

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this matter for you.

Anymore questions please let us know.

TSI-Ashleigh

Review by bananabread2 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Cheap, fast, high bandwidth, no contract, speed as advertised, unlimited bandwidth between 2am-8am"
Bad "Customer service in steep decline, technical support non-existant, took very long time to activate, connection unreliable"
Overall "Wacky customer service & unreliability is leaving a bad taste. As mentionned already, they are suffering some growing pains."

I've been with Teksavvy for a little while (DSL before). I moved in from a DSL service to a cable service, because of speed issues and price. I have the Cable 10 package, which is 35$/mo, tax in which is great. The speed is as advertised and bandwidth generous for the common users (150GB) - you should browse normally and stream casually without worries.

Teksavvy used to be renowned for their support, however they were terrible at addressing the many issues I had when moving. There's many ways to contact them - perhaps too much. I had trouble finding a simple support email address and instead relied on previous email exchanges I had to submit an issue. Often by email my issues were left unanswered. On the phone, the reps are always extremely polite, but due to the company relying on the infrastructure of others, it's impossible for them to provide technical support. And because of that, they're overdoing it during normal support by being overly polite and all (no really it's annoying), but still cannot do anything.

It also seems that every department of reps. is independent and thus I had a hard time talking to the right person (who often told me it was out of their power). Even for basic stuff (cancelling my DSL line) they forgot to cancel it even though it was on the phone and subsequently received a confirmation of order for the next service (thus I was billed for the DSL).

Due to them relying on another cable company (in my case Videotron), they were slaved to Videotron's schedule for setting up my connection, postponing the tentative date without notifying me. As a result it took 20 days to get a technician on site (which went smoothly at this point).

Since recently, the connection is very unreliable for unknown reason (again, when contacting support I was told they were not qualified or capable of being aware of an outage). As per my modem, it appears to be an issue from their servers (as opposed to the cable infrastructure). I received valid information from the cable, just cannot connect to servers.

Bottomline, I know they can't do much since they are really far away from physically installing the physical cable, but I really wish they'd work better with their suppliers for giving them more power over the infrastructures. And give the customer support the power to do something, geez. However, when working, the speed is exactly as advertised and bandwidth generous. In which case, very good deal.

Neutral information:

Do know that you are required to buy a modem and pay an initial fee of 85 for the activation, which include a technician visit. I paid the modem (DCM475) from them (100$), which you own after (thank god). My first month, all-fees-included price was 234.49, after which it is 35$ every month for the rest of my life.

Note: I joined DSL Reports after lurking for a long while just to post this as it's been a while I've cumulated small issues with them and thought it'd be great if they could receive some honest feedback (since I wasn't able to deliver it through email or whatnot anyway...).

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Bananabred,

Thank you for this review. I do apologize if there was some delays with installing your services as you know we do have to use another companies technicians and infrastructure, this also includes following any rules or time frames laid out to us by our vendors. We unfortunately do not have a choice in these matters, for this I do apologize. We have been a little behind with our tech emails recently due to the amount of customer interactions we have been receiving and this has delayed some of our responses.
I’m not sure if you know aside from communicating with us through email or the phones, your better option maybe to speak to our Social Media team through the DSLr Direct Forum. We watch the forum everyday and do respond quite quickly and are more than happy to assist in any way we are able to.

I am happy to see that when the service is working you are enjoying it, which is fantastic to see!!
Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey and hopefully we will be seeing you in the Direct Forum for any questions or concerns or comments.

Thanks again
TSI-Ashleigh

Review by ouimet05 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON

My experience with teksavy was a nightmare. They sent a Rogers technician to my home on May 22, a week after I placed the order. He asked me to wait 15 minutes or so to get connection, I waited whole night and nothing. I tried to call teksavy, and waiting time was killing me so I gave up. Next day, I called again, after long waiting, finally went through. A technician asked me to do some trouble shooting, it turns out something wrong with Rogers, so he asked me wait 24 to 48 hours. After weekend, I called again, they asked me to wait another 24 to 48 hours. Two days later, I called again on May 28, still asked me to wait 24 to 48 hours, I decided to cancel, they told me I cannot get my money back until they finished the investigation, and told me problem will be solved with big chance in next 24 to 48 hours. I wait another 2 days, May 30, finally somebody called me and said problem is solved. Unfortunately, when I got home, still same thing, no connection. I called them again, after another long waiting and trouble shooting; they said I have to wait again, so I decided to cancel. They told me I cannot get the activation fee back even though it seems to me nothing is been activated. I asked them how long I should wait, the guy told me he does not know, what a business.

Comments:

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I do apologize for the trouble you have had getting your service activated. This is not the type experience we want our customer to have. I would like to look into this further for you. Could you please post your account information in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Taunia

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22

Review update

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the direct forum and giving me the opportunity to look into this for you.

I have investigated this further and have replied to you direct post with details of what happened with your account.

Based on what I have discovered I am happy to inform you, that you are entitled to a refund of the activation fee. I have contacted our accounting department to have both the first month and activation fee refunded to you.

I apologize for the experience you have had with Teksavvy. This is certainly not the type of service we want our customer to go through.

If there is any else we can help you with, please let us know.

Taunia
ouimet05

join:2013-05-30
Toronto, ON

Re: Review update

Hi, Taunia,

I just replied to you in direct forum, and I repeat here that I am impressed with the quick response. If teksavy can have the same quick respons over the phone, I will be happy to use teksavy again in future. After all, I had very good experience with teksavy a year ago.

Thanks again,
Min

Re: Review update

Hello Ouimet05,

Thank you for the response. I can assure you were working diligently to decrease the wait times for our customer's while calling us. We do understand it is frustrating to call us currently with the wait times.
We do hope to see you as a customer again in the future.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us.

Ashleigh

Review by Void_Rift See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Good "Unlimited Bandwidth"
Bad "Constant Disconnections without any reliable help"
Overall "Not worth the investment"

Our plan is the 28/1 Unlimited plan, after moving from away from Rogers. My family had Teksavvy for more than a year now, and after 6 months of reliable internet, the internet became completely unbearable. the connections drops every few minutes and takes a long time to get working again. Not only that, the connection speed drastically changes every time, from half the advertised speed to speeds, comparable to a dial up connection. The internet couldn't last half an hour on any time of day without any problems, leaving myself no other way but to seek a more reliable internet option which I can get from my phone tethered to my computer or from a free public hotspot. We had reached help many times in hopes of straightening this out for 4 months now, alternating between help over the phone and scheduled tech support coming over to solve the issue. Both support leaves without any progress.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Response

Hello Void_ Rift,

I’m sorry to hear about your connection issues. I absolutely would like to look into this for you so we can diagnose what is happening. Would you be able to send me your account information in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct ? That way I can look into this a little further for you?

Thanks again

Review by SKBrampton See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "It has been EXCELLENT for 3 to 4 years at my previous address in Brampton in L7A postal code"
Bad "I am only getting the speed of 3 to 7 Mbps download speed but I am subscribed for 18Mbps"
Overall "I am looking for another ISP provider as HelpDesk isn't getting my problem nor investigating my problem"

Since January this year I have been having incredibly slow connection to the Internet even though I have been subscribed to 18Mbps. The speed stays between 3 to 7 mbps and sometime it is even lower than what I said here. I can't load any page when it goes really down.

I called the Teksavvy and talked to someone at the Help desk who had me go through the following: power cycle the modem, had my computer direct connect to the cable modem, had reset / factory reset the modem, had me ping many addresses 50 times and the to send the results to Teksavvy. I was told that there seems to be a problem and they will have Rogers to investigate and also had me book an appointment if a tech needs to visit my place.

Few days passed, no calls back from anyone. I called back and I got someone else who had no clue of what went wrong and no details what I have been through. So I had to go through the same thing again and was told that they will contact me back BUT nothing happened.

Weeks and another week passed, called them back and I got very frustrated. The help desk was still telling me that the problem was not on their end and it was on my end. While I was on the phone with them the download speed came back to normal. When I say normal it usually stays between 18 to 25 or 30 Mbps.

Two months passed and I am back on the same boat again. I have been a happy customer for the last 4 years but it can't stay happy forever.

Please let me know if there's another ISP I can choose (not Rogers or Bell)

Thanks for the understanding.

Comments:
Tristan

join:2006-09-10
Nepean, ON
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

Alternate ISP's

I recommend Start Communications. So far, my satisfaction with Start is higher than that of Teksavvy. My switchover from Teksavvy to Start was relatively painless, and aside from a few days of downtime (thanks to Teksavvy not releasing the modem I own on the day my service ended with them), it didn't really cost me anything (free installation).

The wait-times in the Start phone queue are smaller too. I have never had to wait longer than a couple of minutes to speak with someone. I've spent more than two hours in TSI's phone queue (total accumulated time over several calls).

I don't think this will solve your problem initially, if it's a node congestion issue. You may be less frustrated with Start's representatives. Inevitably though, I do recommend you vote with your wallet. If TSI isn't working for you, take your money elsewhere.

dslreports.com user ratings:
Teksavvy 6-month rating: 81%
Start 6-month rating: 97%
SKBrampton

join:2013-02-01
Brampton, ON

Re: Alternate ISP's

Tristan, thanks for your support. This is my very first review in my life as I have been frustrated with TSI. I just don't understand why the Help Desk isn't listening to us when we call. Thanks for letting me know about the Start Communications and I have read good reviews about them. I will let you know what I decide.

Thanks again.

Hello SKBrampton,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am truly sorry to see you encountered so many issues since January. For your speeds to drop this much there is definitely something wrong. Could you please provide me in a PM TSI Jonathan See Profile your account information so that we can investigate the issue.

From what you wrote it looks like we dropped the ball a few times and this is certainly not the type of experience we want any of our customers to have to go through. I am unsure as to what exactly happened but do want to find out so that we can either improve our processes or coach the agent(s) you spoke to. We strive to make our customers happy and we certainly don't want to see a loyal customer leave after being with us for 4 years.

Review by zetec452 See Profile

Good "Good price, mostly decent service."
Bad "Growing pains. Lack of communication when things break."
Overall "80% of the time everything is fine."

UPDATE: 19/03/2013. For the second time in two months my connection has been down for over 12 hours. The incident with car accident and fiber is unfortunate but very disruptive. As of today I've had no internet since 8:30pm and as of this morning it is still down. Unfortunately I'm in a position whereby I feel another provider will provide a better service.

Further Edit: It appears this latest issue is the result of DHCP issues. DHCP issues seem to a fairly common to Teksavvy, researching on the forums illustrates DHCP issues for at least 12 months.

UPDATE: 03/2012. Well unfortunately I seem to be having more problems with Teksavvy. My connection will disconnect every 2-4 hours. A very standard ticket response asking if I had TCP/IP installed and whether my computer was installed in it's original location was frankly pathetic. Unfortunately I am losing confidence in Teksavvy's ability to provide a good cable service and am seeking alternatives.

Final reivew of my ticket was to keep an eye on the logs and provide them feedback. No offer of extra help or recognition of any form of problem. Very unfortunate. They have grown too fast and have lost the customer service they are renowned for.

__________________________________________________________________

Teksavvy were really great until recently with issues in the London area (and other areas). They have demonstrated very poor customer communication in dealing with these issues, in which the default answer is "blame Rogers". Customer support has been OK with some long wait times in busy periods.

Teksavvy are going through some growing pains and I hope the management team improve customer communication and business planning as so they can try and avoid the issues recently experienced. It appears that Teksavvy are overselling and having to order upgrades via Rogers causing slowdown's in peak hours. Some stop orders have been seen and while I appreciate new business is key I would hope Teksavvy are forecasting upgrades in a more efficient manner going forward for existing customers.

Upon ordering I was not advised that I would start paying for the service right away. Unaware of this I waited 14 days for my previous internet connection to end prior to starting with Teksavvy. Had I known I was paying for the Teksavvy service anyway I would have requested a earlier installation date.

The order process other than that was concise and professional. Installation went smoothly with a Rogers tech attending site to ensure the cable connection was OK.

Comments:

TSI Martin

No tickets

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback & review. I'd like to first bring up that we have never had the opportunity to open a ticket for your issues.
If you would please continue the troubleshooting we have going with you in the Direct Forum... There hasn't been a conclusion brought up yet.
The TCP/IP properly installed is to ensure that the disconnections aren't related to DHCP being improperly configured on your system. Seeing you test from a router & not a computer, I'd see why this would not be important to you. Asking if modem is it's original location, is to confirm if you've moved something or started using different cables. These are standard questions that may contain more meaning then the eye can see.

Please continue the troubleshooting in the Direct Forum.

Thanks,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Cable woes.

Hello,

Very sorry to hear about your issues.

Would you mind sending me a PM? TSI Martin See Profile

I'll have a look at your situation.

Regards,

Review by troisquatre See Profile

• Location: H2b
Bad "3 weeks no install"
Overall "Maybe good if I can be installed"

Went online ordered the service the 6 th and ordered for an install on the 14 th.

Called the 14 th asking why I didn't get installed, they said we will get back to you probably the 19 you will get your install date.

Called back the 19 th no date yet they is an issue with videotron call back tomorrow. (my modem serial was not entered correctly)

Called the next day the 20 th we will get you an install date by tomorrow the 21. Called the 21 th please call next week the 27 th ...

So thats more than 6 call just for an install.

People on the phone we're correct not long waiting time but then again I would prefer an install date instead of this waiting and calling for absolutely nothing moving. Will update with better rating as soon as I can test the service.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Hello troisquatre,

I trully apologize for what you had to go through so far and I want to take over from here. I'll make sure you stay up to date and that the information you receive is concrete. Can you please PM me TSI Jonathan See Profile your account information so that I can get things going for you. I'll make sure that evrything is on track and good to go.

Social Media Relations Team Leader

---

Review by telecia.knight

• Location: L4C2T
Good "Price"
Bad "Service, Customer Service, Long wait times"

I joined Teksavvy due to the affordable prices and reviews of great
customer service. Shortly after joining I was not able to connect. I called
Teksavvy technical support to discuss. The voice recording stated that
they were experiencing connection issues in my area and they were trying
to address the issues as quickly as possible. The recording also mention
how to reset the modem to see if it would resolve the connections issues.
Due to the message provided I disconnected the call and waited for them to fix the issues. I tried reset the modem to no success. Two days following I would reset my modem when I came
home from work I would reset to no success.

On the third day I reset and my internet started to work. I then called
customer service to find out if they would be crediting the account for the
days I was without service. The customer service agent explained that the
issue was resolved that day. I would not be eligible for a credit on my
account as I did not speak to technical support about my loss of service
as a result they are not aware of how many days I was without service.

I asked the rational of advising customer via recording that they are
experiencing service difficulties in their area if the expect them to
remain on the line. He agreed that he understood my rational but it is
beyond his control. I asked to speak to the Customer Service Supervisor.
They stated that the CS Supervisor wouldn't be able to assist as it is
related to a Technical Support.

I spoke with them to no success I attempted to cancel due to the cancel
service and inquired if I could return the modem as I only had it for
approximately 2 weeks in order to reduce my out of pocket cost due to the
up front fees associated with signing up with Tekksavy. Please noted 2
weeks is a reasonable return time for most retailers. She then mentioned a
slew of fees that weren't mention at time of purchase.

The service might be much improved if Teksavvy technical support team
sticks with repairs instead of attempting to following up with Customer
concerns. To make matters worse the speed which I use to get with our
internet has greatly depleted.

Both calls resulted in a 45 minute wait to even speak to an agent.

Do your research, I stay because of the equipment purchased and upfront fees that I would be out off. I have the cheapest internet plan so the credit to my account would of been less than $5. Its not the amount its the mere principle. As a result of their poor service my mother has decided to go with Comwave for internet provider.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Your review

Hello telecia.knight,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We definitely appreciate the feedback and I can understand how frustrating that must of been. What I will forward from this review is that we should add in our recording when outages happen that if you are still experiencing issues after 24hrs to contact us again to see if it is still related. If you could PM me TSI Jonathan See Profile your account information, I would like to use it as an example.

For the wait times, it is something we are aware of and we just hired on 20 more representatives to assist with that and even opened a new office in Gatineau where we will have an additional 12 more representative there for now.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review. It definitely helps us to see where we can do better in the future.

Social Media Relations Team Leader