TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by emmydorie

• Location: L1J1H
Good "Very reassuring"
Bad "Terrible service, understandability, and LIES"
Overall "No one new what they were talking about... refund took 2 weeks"

I called Tek Savvy to install cable internet service in my house.

I set up the account online and pre-paid $219 for the service, installation
and modem. I never received any payment confirmation or indication my
account had been processed, so I called in. I was told no one contacted me
because they were looking to see if my area was serviceable. I was assured
it was, and that I would be receiving confirmation as to when a technician
will come by to install.

Literally the next day, I get a call from Tek Savvy stating that my area
was, in fact, NOT serviceable for cable internet, and that my only option
was DSL, and since I didn't have a house phone line, it was an extra $15 a
month. Needless to say, I was not interested in this and proceeded to
cancel my account. I asked how my refund would be handled, and I was was
told it would come back to me the same way I sent it in, via email. I was
told to expect it in my account within 2 days. 3 days passed and the money
never came. I called in to inquire about the status of my refund, and I
was told that they only issue refunds via cheque, and the cheques only get
written on Fridays. I have to wait 2 weeks for a refund of service that I
never even received.

I AM SO PISSED. This has been the worst experience of my entire life. I
was so looking forward to having Tek Savvy service, so this whole
experience has been disappointing at best. I am embarrassed for them.
It's service and BS like this that send people to Rogers and Bell. Shame
on you Tek Savvy.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

TSI Danielle

re: your review

Thank you for your comments. We definitely do not want the sign up experience to be like this. Can you please email your information to sm@teksavvy.com ? I'd like to have a look at the situation and see what can be done.

With regards to the serviceable issue, I'm sorry that things were not clearer. We do have access to many areas, but there are certain areas of Rogers' and Bell's footprints we do not have access to as of yet and that may be what happened in your case. I apologize that this was not communicated to you clearly.

Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Review by zaphodd42 See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "price, rest TBA"
Bad "No Internet yet"
Overall "TBA"

I joined Teksavvy for the cable 28 pkg on Oct. 26, the same day I cancelled my other cable service. When I signed up, there must of been some miscommunication between the sales rep and I, and the switchover(installation) wasn't as smooth as I expected.
Then a supported modem wouldn't work, so ordered and received Thomson 476 from them.
As of Oct 31, intermittent connection, and about 6 hours now spent on phone with tech support.
Will update and advise on how it goes!

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:

TSI Martin

Issues.

Would you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so I may take a look at the issue. You can also contact me via PM TSI Martin See Profile

Review by andrew_n See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "When it works, you get internet"
Bad "Multi-hour hold times, frequent disconnects, zero support"
Overall "Hell no"

I started using TekSavvy many years ago back in Alberta when they were a scrappy underdog ISP. They had good service, reasonable prices, and the only outage I remember was caused by a major fire in a cable vault in downtown Vancouver. I liked them and recommended them to friends.

Now I use their cable service in Ontario, and I'm extremely happy to be cancelling their service. They've launched a major expansion program to hundreds of new cities, but their customer support and service has not been able to keep up. Even the founder has quit.

The downstream speeds are fine, but you have to pay a ridiculous $50+/month to get even 1Mbps upstream. Getting connected involves paying a large fee to wait for a Rogers technician to do the install--TekSavvy has no people on the ground. The service is frequently down, and tech support is useless. No matter what the problem is, they blame Rogers, and tell you to power-cycle your modem and reset your cookies and clear your cache. Even if the problem is not getting an address from DHCP, tcpdump shows others getting addresses, and you've already power-cycled your modem a dozen times while waiting on hold. When you ask who to complain to about the poor service, the tech support and customer service people smugly reply, "Oh, that would be me."

However, the major issue is hold time. If you ever have a problem, or a simple question, or want to change your speed package or credit card number on file--you-ll have to spend at least 1-2 hours(!!) on hold, with no indication of your place in line or how long it will take. It is torture. And when you do get through, expect to be put on hold for at least half an hour more while the person on the other end tries to do it. Only to get an email the next day saying that your request was "rejected" and would you please call them again at your earliest convenience.

Stay away!

EDIT: 2012-10-24 The day after I posted this review, they disconnected my internet, even though I'd requested cancellation in two weeks when I moved.

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Response

Hi andrew_n,

It sound like you've been through a lot with us and that you feel let down from the experiences you’ve had with us. I want you to know what we have done to better ourselves and that we still have a great amount of fight in us left. I also hope that I can make you change your mind and consider staying with us or at least keep us in mind for the future.

Over the past couple of years, we have expanded our cable product reach by partnering up with Videotron, Rogers, Cogeco and as any business looking for growth, we will continue to do so. I do admit that in the process of expanding ourselves and building these new partnerships, that there have been many growing pains however we have been extremely diligent towards making things better. We have been working with these partners to bring the best possible service to our customers but to also to simplify processes between us. What it really comes down to is that many of our new partners are not used to dealing with “scrappy underdogs” like us and especially not with the volume we represent. In addition to all of this, we have been growing at an extremely fast rate which provides us the need to make internal adjustments to all that we do. Here are some of the things that we recently did to adjust ourselves to this growth:

- Implemented a new internal phone system to better meet demands
- Hired 40+ associates within a couple of months
- Implemented better performance procedures
- Increase our Social Media presence
- Implemented a new website to help us streamline processes
- Much more…

With all of this “chaos” there will be some growing pains. New associates will need to be trained and developed as experts; we will need to find better and more efficient ways to do things.

As for the pricing, I honestly believe that our pricing is fair. Today’s internet isn't cheap like the good old days but we do certainly like to remain competitive. The one thing that you will always receive from TekSavvy is a different (good) customer experience. Sure there are going to be times where our customers may not agree with some outcomes or sometimes our customers may get a newer associate however I would challenge anyone to tell me they get the compassion that we deliver from anywhere else.

As for hold times, I have said this may times before in other posts and I will stay true to it. We have significantly dropped our wait times compared to what they were this time last year. I do agree that we have a lot of improvement to do to get to that “perfect” state, and we are sincerely working on it. Shifts in CRTC rulings and changes within the ISP industry have really pushed us to be extremely adaptive which is normal. We just choose to be adaptive with a little “scrap”. August, September and some of October are busy times for us and we used last years, and previous years forecasting to best decide on how we would staff, however as you may remember last year, we had a lot of Stop-Sells for service so predicting what today would be like was extremely difficult.

At the end of the day, you will need to make a decision if some bad experiences will make you switch to somewhere else or if you genuinely believe in what we believe in, which is to brings a fair solution to Canadians. I sure hope that you choose to stay.
If there is anything I can do to help out with your specific situation, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Andre@teksavvy.com

Thanks,

Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
andrew_n

join:2009-04-19
Waterloo, ON

Re: Response

And now today I don't have internet at all. Looks like you disconnected me early.

Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Re: Response

Hi Andrew_N,

I see that you posted int he direct forum. I ask someone to work on it right away. We are working on getting that fixed for you.

Thanks,

Andre
hack_w

join:2010-01-22

2 edits

Unreachable customer support

What andrew_n said is absolutely true. I called teksavvy at lease 5 times, and I was always put on hold AUTOMATICALLY to listen to music indefinitely every time. Teksavvy's customer support used to be easy to reach, but it has changed. I've been a loyal customer of teksavvy for over 2 years. Now I'm considering moving.
ftp1020

join:2007-01-30
Canada

Re: Unreachable customer support

said by hack_w:

Now I'm considering moving.

You're not alone.

erfans

join:2008-10-10
Canada
Yup, when I had issues with my connection. I would usually wait for at least an hour to get to a representative on the phone. This happened every time I called.

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

response

said by hack_w:

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Please message us in the direct forum anytime if you have questions or need any assistance.

Re: response

said by TSILiz:

Review by OrlyMcC See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "Time to connect"
Bad "Tech support, customer support, reliability"
Overall "No Internet service and disappointing technical support"

We switched from Rogers to teksavvy last month after getting fed up with deplorable service from Rogers. Our experience with teksavvy was worse. We lost Internet service four days ago, spent countless hours on hold, had several calls dropped with no follow-up, and we're given no info about how or when service would be restored. Apparently the issue was with the Rogers cable so we were still at their mercy, only even more so as a teksavvy customer. Any info we got was second hand from Rogers and made no sense.

After spending two hours in hold today and getting cut off and not getting called back after explicitly asking to be contacted if the call was dropped, we decided to cancel our service. I spoke to a supervisor in customer support who said he could cancel the account. When I asked if we could get a credit fit the last several days of non-service he said I'd have to talk to tech support. He transferred me. Another 45 minutes on hold only to be told we couldn't get credited because account was cancelled. Really???? Goodbye and good riddance. We would not recommend teksavvy to anyone, particularly anyone who is looking for an alternative to Bell or Rogers. The only difference, apparently, is that support is even worse if the issue is with one of those two providers - maybe because you're b-listed as a non-Bell/non-Rogers customer.

Sent from my iPhone

member for 2 years, 4 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

Very Sorry to hear this..

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear this, yes we have been experiencing some intermittent outages over the past few days and we are working rectify the issue.

Can you please PM me and I will look into this further for you.

Thanks
Pierre A
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
VP Operations

JaimeRR

@ttc.ca

Re: Very Sorry to hear this..

I'm having the same problem. I've been waiting for three weeks just to get my new account online. I've had two unsuccessful visits from Rogers technicians that don’t care to solve the problem – they bail as soon as they can and then it’s impossible to get them to come back. I’m so disappointed - - I’m probably going to have to go back to Rogers or Bell.

Rogers to TSI

I'm confused , why would ROBBERS be involved with DSL ?

Re: Rogers to TSI

That's my fault. I should have chosen teksavvy cable rather than teksavvy dsl. I blame the fact that I had to make the post on my phone since I couldn't access the internet on my computer.

Re: Rogers to TSI

said by OrlyMcC:

No Problem , i was just confused why Rogers was involved with this . If you acquired TSI cable and already have Rogers internet all you would need to do is switch modems and wait to be activated ( provisioned )

Nepean, ON

Furthermore...in disappointing customer service land

To add insult to injury... after I spent 40 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a customer service rep to cancel the account and probably another 15, at least, waiting to be transferred to tech support to discuss a refund for the days we didn't have Internet (because tech support looks after that? Really?), I connected with a tech support rep, gave all the account validation info again (name of account holder, phone number, address, method of payment) and was told he would have to out me on hold to talk to his supervisor. Supervisor denied the request for a refund so I asked to speak to the supervisor. Back on hold ... holding, holding... finally back to the tech support rep who told me his supervisor couldn't speak with me because I wasn't the account holder. So I had to put my husband in the line. Because apparently it's 1920. Pretty sure this has got to be a strategy to get people just to give up and hang up. Probably good for managing call volume, but not a great strategy for a customer satisfaction standpoint. Whatever. At the end of the call, still no compensation for lost service. Time to move on. Lesson learned. Friends who were thinking of moving to TS notified.

Re: Furthermore...in disappointing customer service land

Hi,

I'm sorry for the experience that you've had. We can certainly have a look at everything and see if we can rectify the situation for you.

Could you please post your account information into »TekSavvy Direct so that we can have a look and see what can be done to fix things.

Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Re: Furthermore...in disappointing customer service land

Done.

Review by samboi0 See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "Good speed when everything is working"
Bad "Hell sets loose when things go wrong, takes forever to fix an issue"
Overall "If you dont heavily rely on internet usage at home and dont mind outage for days, Teksavvy is for you :)"

I got my internet services through Teksavvy, supposed to be activated on 10th september. But then due to some activation issues and the fact that they sent me the wrong modem, they had to resend me the modem and then activation took couple of more days. So despite ordering my internet on the 4th Sep, it got finally activated on 14th september. I thought to myself that maybe the startup took some time but everything will be fine.

Then, two days ago on 1st October, my connection went down again, the upstream (US) LED which was green, had turned blue now. After trying several power cycles myself, I called up customer service. Firstly, it takes forever to get a hold on to a CSR, and afterwards, if they start being rude and blaming me that i am doing something wrong, thats just not right. I couldnt even raise a ticket for it on Oct 1st.

Then on Oct 2nd, early in the morning i called them again, this time the rep wasnt rude, but she took forever to determine that it is a routing issue by constantly asking me traceroute different webpage addresses. I kept patient with her and eventually she provided me with a ticket number.

Oct 3rd today, called up again, and they are telling me the issue wont be looked at until 24 hrs has passed??? Why is that? Is that some kind of mandotary waiting period, again with rudeness they asked me anything else and hung up.

Now, I am seriously considering to switching away from Teksavvy, I had joined this ISP based on the fact that many ppl were speaking of it, both negative n positive, but i still tried to take my chances. Didnt turn out so well, just had 2 weeks of internet service over the past month, and currently there is still no internet at my home (FYI we are heavy internet users at home and rely a lot on connectivity, so it is even more frustrating)

Question is should I just quit Teksavvy?

Comments:

TSI Danielle

re: your review

I'm sorry for the bad experience you've had. I'm concerned that you've gotten agents that you've stated were rude. Could you please PM me your account information and I'd like to have a look to see what we can do to resolve this for you.

Teksavvy

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Looks like the issue was resolved. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we did anything on our end. Testing done together in our Direct Forum showed no problems. It doesn't look like any troubleshooting was done on our end as there were never any tickets opened.

If you do have any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us as we're always here to help.

Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin
samboi0

join:2012-10-03

Re: Teksavvy

There was a ticket opened actually ref number: 2513686.

And yes the issue did got resolved so I will be quiet for now , if anything else happens, I will be sure to update here. And if nothing else goes wrong, I will mention about that too. Cheers!
samboi0

join:2012-10-03
Nepean, ON
Actually the issue is back, now that I connect it to my router I cannot connect to internet anymore, it seems like only if it is connected to my PC, it works, otherwise, it doesnt.

TSI David
TSI David
join:2007-06-25

Re: Teksavvy

Hi samboi0,

I have replied to your direct thread with a workaround to get this fixed.

David

Review by downtownr See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "It's great when it works but that's not very often."
Bad "Down for 11 days during first month. Noticeable congestion at night."
Overall "If you need reliable service with consistent speeds stick with Rogers."

The initial transfer didn't work out because of poor coordination between TekSavvy and Rogers. As a result, I was down for 3 days. This was after I followed the suggested process as noted in these forums.

This was followed by being down for 11 days after receiving slightly more than 2 weeks of decent service. What I mean by decent is that there was noticeable congestion between 7 and 10pm but not to the point where it was unusable.

I was with Rogers for 11 years, downtime was measured in hours (often less than 1), not days!

Tech Support was brutal. I'm almost certain that most of them don't read the notes or don't know how to read the notes on the account as every time I called in we had to give them all my modem information again. Why is this???

The grass isn't always greener @ TekSavvy. Often times, it's yellow!

Update 9/28

Congestion has gone from noticeable to terrible. No YouTube, no XBOX, only text based web pages load decently...back to the late 90's everyone!

Update 10/15

Absolutely disgusting speeds from 7pm onwards. The internet is unusable for anything other than text based websites. The promised POI upgrade is always just around the corner but from what I gather this has been the case for months now. Just terrible.

Update 9/18/2012

I'm pretty sure they have oversold again. The speed at 6pm is 1.42 Mbps. Thank you TSI for the "excellent" service...

Comments:

Crowbar1

Re: Cable Issues

Rogers doesn't want you to have a pleasant experience with anybody other than them , they'll do anything to keep your business with them . If TSI orders upgrades to avoid these things do you think Rogers is gonna care ?

No Stop Sell

Hello,

In regards to your 9/18/2012 update.

There isn't any reports of congested POI's. If you wouldn't mind posting in the »TekSavvy Direct forum & we may be able to find out more of what's going on.

Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

D2 or D3 Modem

Crazy Question... Do you have a D2 or D3 modem? If it's D2, I'm willing to bet that is part of your problem...

In the GTA, anything over 10mb should be using a D3 modem, cause the Rogers Network just isn't able to handle single channel Cable inet anymore.

Review by OTIS3 See Profile

• Location: Guelph,ON
Good "They try to create some competition with Rogers and Bell"
Bad "It only works during Off-Peak hours. No evening Gaming or Netflix"
Overall "With not being able to update your modems firmware, steer clear"

TSI Martin does a great job posting in the forums. Too bad its mostly a front to look like good customers service.

If you have any real problems, they are un-willing to help you. Consistently hide behind its Rogers, or its Bell.

All business rely on their vendors, it up to THEM to WORK with them and get things resolved for their customers, not play mediator. Its like bring your car to the dealership and being told, "oh, well, we didn't make that transmission, we'll mediate that getting fixed with supplier for you". What really happens is the dealer takes ownership of the issue, and just fixes the damn problem.

For those that need peak time internet, stay away. Probably good for heavy download during off peak times.

UPDATED:
With the in-ability to update you modems firmware, they have shirked yet another responsibility as an ISP. It is the ISPs responsibility regardless of company policy. It is also clearly defined in the DOCSIS standard.

Expect to have to buy a new modem yearly from Teksavvy to be under warranty and "supported". After being forced into a new modem(or cancelling) because I had continuous disconnections I bought a new modem they offered at a discount. Little did I know it would take more than a week and constant back and forth with them for it to get provisioned.

Comments:
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON

I don't have issues but....

I never have any issues with TSI cable with netflix or any other service... so it's either a local node issue which a DOCIS 3 modem can help.. or the local POI is congested.. but it's not TSI as a whole.

Review by jo207 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "High bandwidth limit"
Bad "Service"
Overall "Customer service has dropped dramatically."

The biggest disappoint of all has been their customer service. I had made a call to switch from their DSL service to their Cable service. They had forgotten to cancel the DSL service however and I did not notice that they been charging me both services for almost a year due to automatic payments. I had requested for a refund on the DSL service and dealt with 3 managers and all have failed to prove that any of this was my fault. Yet, they refuse to grant the refund.

I have been a customer of Teksavvy since they were a very young company. I was initially pleased by their prices, customer service reps, and connection reliability but more recently, I have been very disappointed with Teksavvy on all aspects.

They could have kept my business for years to come had they granted the refund (though miniscule to a growing company like Teksavvy) but I guess they are willing to lose more money in the long run. I have since cancelled all services with Teksavvy. I am just glad there are still competitors out there that seem more promising than Teksavvy.

Comments:

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

question

I have to address the elephant in the room...

How did you go a year without noticing a charge of $30-50 a month?

I'm not excusing their mistake if it was or wasn't for not cancelling DSL for you but i'm seriously curious

Re: question

Automatic payments, don't really check invoices that come in via emails as it had been very consistent over the years previous to the service change-over.

I agree, I should have checked sooner. But trusting Teksavvy at the time to make the cancellation was very easy to do because of the experience I had with them early on.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by jo207:

automatic on credit card or bank? Either way i monitor my credit card and bank like a hawk, so i guess that's why i mainly ask. Every cent that leaves has a job so it's not like $10 was taken and easily missed.

What solution did they offer or none?

2 edits

Re: question

Automatic on credit card, very easily missed transaction among other purchases on the card (i.e groceries, gas, etc.)

Not much help in terms of solutions, they said they would review the recording when the change-over request had been made but could not "find it" and therefore will not grant the refund. If they can't prove that it was my mistake, and clearly my whole purpose of doing the change-over was to cancel DSL for cable, then why should I pay for their mistake?

I don't typically go online to write reviews on anything, but I just had to write this review on Teksavvy because of this experience. You can tell I have been a member for years here and have just logged in now just to write this review.

spock

join:2012-07-08
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: question

No offense but if I was you I would read every credit card statement you get every month and check it for odd transactions. Last Christmas I had 10 small random charges on my card. They were so random and only in the 40-50$ range I never noticed them. One of the transactions caught my eye and thats when I noticed the rest. Apparently my card was copied and being used around town.

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Service overlap

Hello there,

First off allow me to say that we do have some customers who have both DSL and Cable service active with us. Some do this because they work from home and want a backup connection in case there are any outages. Others surely have their own reasons. We do not make assumptions on behalf of our customer and typically the customer should give us a call once the new service is working properly if they wish to cancel their current service.

With that being said though, this obviously should have been explained to you when the order for cable service was made. Now, if you have already spoken to management multiple times I can make no guarantees here, but if you can message me your account info, or post it here: »TekSavvy Direct I'd like to look into this for you one more time.

TSI-Keith

Re: Service overlap

I understand that some customers have both DSL and cable as it was their request. There was no need to make assumptions for me as my request was simple really, cancel DSL and install cable. I did not call just to make a request for cable and expect to cancel DSL on a separate call. I was fine with a minor service interruption during the change-over. Regardless, I do not recall being advised to call back for the cancellation. Also, I was under the impression that Teksavvy was capable of coordinating a cancellation and installation simultaneously as both connections were Teksavvy services.

As well-meaning the managers and staff have been, they have not been able to help. However, I do appreciate you looking into this matter.

Review by behrouzef See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Bad "Extremely Angry"
Overall "If service does not change i will go back to rogers along with all the people i helped switch over."

I am very angry and unsatisfied with the service and quality of teksavvy for the whole time i have been a customer, when i had rogers i was getting 12 - 15 Mbps allways never any lower even at peak times, now that i have teksavvy, im paying for 15 Mbps which now they changed it to advertise as 18Mbps on their site and what do i get? on average i get .5 Mbps to 4 Mbps which is lower than their basic cable 24.95 service most of the time, and thats just the beginning,, i have been doing multiple tests on a daily basis and my ping and quality tests all ways every single time are either an E or F grade which is very concerning, significant packet loss and line delays.. and the speed im getting is not worth 40 plus tax at all, i am getting scammed to the max.

when it comes to getting their money they are very strict and to the point but when it comes to people getting ripped off they dont care, their customer service reps are rude and do not show any sign of caring for the customers or the company, i dont know if they are slaves that dont get paid or if they just hate their jobs but they are not representatives of the company in any way, its like talking to some random person about your issues.

If i dont start getting what im paying for i will demand a refund for the duration of my service that i have been paying 40 plus tax for 15 - 18 Mbps and instead getting .5 - 4 Mbps..

i will give it another month and see if this continues, if nothing improves i will look up exactly when i should cancel so that they cant charge me for another month and i will just sign a contract with rogers or bell. AT LEAST THERE I LOSE 5 DOLLARS HERE AND 2 DOLLARS THERE, BUT EVER SINCE I HAVE SWITCHED TO TEKSAVVY I AM LOSING 30 DOLLARS EVERY MONTH BECAUSE THIS SERVICE WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE EVEN UNDER THEIR BASIC CABLE SERVICE FOR 24.95

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]»www.speedtest.net/result/1862243···G][/URL]

Comments:
behrouzef

North York, ON

update

at 12:34 am !!!!!!!!!!!!! this is every day and night not just peak hours

Re: update

8 374 ms 492 ms 837 ms willy.teksavvy.com [206.248.147.105]

Trace complete.

Help

Hello,

If you could please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or send me a PM TSI Martin See Profile There looks to be something wrong. Please allow us to look at what is wrong.

Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Re: Help

Ok i Sent you my name and number, do i still need to repost in the direct forum?

Review by rjej123 See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Price"
Bad "The reliability of the service"

I've been with Teksavvy since April 2009 and used to be a very happy customer.

As many others, I started having big problems with my Internet speed a few months ago. Every evening 1-2 Mbps instead of 24 Mbps. I've been patient for a long time, but I finally decided to start "solving" the problem. Countless phone calls to the Support, the same investigation steps every time, new and shiny ticket with Rogers every day. I finally asked if I could get the discount for my service being so slow for a long time ? The answer was NO.

Finally, I decided to cancel my service. The lady from the cancellation department was very nice and asked me if I would like to switch to DSL instead. I said fine, but I need to try it for a few days or week because I used to have problems with the DSL. The answer was NO. You cannot try. You need to buy the new service. Ok, but can I at least have the installation fee waived for being your customer for a long time, referring so many people to you and now switching ONLY because YOU have problems with delivering me the service as promised ? Guess what the answer was: NO !

She managed to convince me to try "the best" technician they had to fix my issue after promising me that I could cancel my service at any time and I would stop paying immediately if that didn't work. I agreed, but of course again the technician-magician didn't fix the problem. Because of that delay, caused by the cancellation department, my next billing cycle has started and when I asked for the immediate cancellation and refund of my money for the unused period, the answer was... NO ! I can cancel my service at any time, but they don't refund my money, even if I don't have the service anymore. I'm stuck until the end of March.

Come on, guys ! Even Rogers refunds the money for the days you didn't use.

I can believe some Teksavvy problems are related to Rogers network problems, but what I've recently experienced proved Teksavvy has a huge problem with the customer service. How can you answer NO to every single question ? It seems the customer doesn't have any value to the company at all.. I tried to support Teksavvy for a long time. Not anymore.

Comments:
ninithepug

join:2012-02-14

congrat, bud!

finally someone has EXACT same experience with me, I canceled two days late into the month, got charge for entire month, for 1.5 m on my 24m line, no refund, no credit, no waive any fee.

exactly!! I just feel teksavvy dunt care their customer, at all, even Rogers is better than them.