TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by tazooo See Profile

Good "Bandwidth limits"
Bad "Speeds have been terrible for almost a month now and there doesn't seem to be a close fix"
Overall "Until this is fixed, do not join. I'm already considering switching providers."

I was waiting for Teksavvy to make it's way to my city and when it did, i was probably one of the first to signup with them. I called and waited for about 10-15 minutes and made my order very quick. The rep on the phone was nice and did a good job. We had a little miscommunication with the name but that was resolved pretty quick in the direct forums. That's one of the good things about this service. The direct forums and phone reps respond quickly and help out when they can.

My plan is the 10mbps/0.5mbps one with 300GB. So far i haven't been anywhere near that but it's good to be free to download what i want or watch what i what without the pathetic 60GB limit with Rogers. For less money and high caps, this decision worked great for me. The speeds are always a little higher than advertised when i tested them and the service has been reliable and consistent. The price difference between Rogers and Teksavvy (speed plans) wasn't too different since i had discounts with Rogers but the caps made a huge difference.

The only hiccup i had on day 1 was with Rogers randomly coming by and cutting my cable when i wasn't home. Fortunately the Rogers rep was a rep based out of my city so i gave them a call and they resolved it completely within a couple of days. I contacted Rogers the day before to make sure they didn't touch anything but of course that message didn't go through properly. This was more of a problem with Rogers but Teksavvy should work a little harder with them to get these small problems resolved.

Overall, i've been using Teksavvy for almost two months and it has been great. No problems other than the initial ones and i'm extremely happy with their service.

UPDATE: So it's been a few months but it seems like the grace time is over. Speeds have been way below average for the past month (around 2mbps most of the time with 5 MAX) and the lack of feedback from Teksavvy has been appalling. I'm definitely not impressed right now and i'm looking at switching providers if this doesn't change soon.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

London issues.

Since you are in London, in case you weren't following the Thread : »[Cable] London slowdowns?

There has been acknowledgment from our part about the issue & Rogers have acknowledged it as well. We are currently waiting on an update from Rogers.

As for your account, I do notice you haven't called us since March. May I suggest you post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can add notes to the account that the issue is currently affecting your service.

Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Review by zbw68973631 See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "High quality when it works properly"
Bad "Sometime it does not work properly"

Almost have been with Teksavvy's extreme pro cable for three months now, the overall experience is good, nice speed, no usage limit, $60 per month but worth it. However, I don't know what happened these days, the connection is being very unstable, almost losing connection every 1-2 minutes. I tried to contact the technical support but I was told that they may have to send Rogers technical team to my house, and there is a possible cost of $90 dollars.

After I making the phone call, it worked nicely for like 4 hours, so I called back to cancel the appointment with Rogers. But unfortunately it fails again, during the time I was typing this review, it lost connection for 3 times.

I will be glad to stay with them if the thing works properly as before, but right now I am very disappointed.

5-31-2011 Update

Now after I called TS's tech support Rogers made some adjustment so the service is back online now. BUT the tragedy is that now Rogers BANS one of my download software called "Thunder Network", and I spent a lot of money on their membership. They did it without sending me any acknowledgement, I just can't understand, if they do not allow their customers to download a lot, what's the reason for me to spend $59 a month for the Extreme Pro? The only reason I choose TS's top level cable is because it has the highest speed and no usage limit, now that only seems to be my own wishes.

7-27-2011 Update

They keep blocking one of my downloading software even I do NOTHING with it. Here is the speed test results.

9-20-2011 Update

See the speedtest result I had at 9:22 PM in Mississauga.

Comments:
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·TekSavvy Cable

poor signal or bad modem

It sounds to me like it's a bad modem or poor signal.

The modem should be after the 1st splitter that is a QUALITY splitter (not some cheep dollar store type... Either Rogers or one with a low and high frequency range one.)

If your modem is off the first splitter in the home, then you may have a bad modem... or a cable issue feeding your home.

When you get charged is when the issue is with anything past the demarc point. They will not charge you if it's the cable feeding your home.
zbw68973631

join:2011-05-29
Mississauga, ON

Re: poor signal or bad modem

Thanks for replying, but the funny thing is it worked perfectly at the past three month untill last Saturday. And one thing is even funnier, everytime after I make the phone call, it will work perfectly for some hours.

By the way, I don't think it is the problem of the splitter or cable since we used to use Rogers cable for both Internet and TV, and the socket now I use to connect the modem used to be connected to the TV, and it worked fine. For modem, I got it directly from Teksavvy, and it works fine by the past three months test.

Here is what I am guessing, is there the possibility that Rogers would cut off the connection on purpose in order to force TS's customers to switch to them? It sounds nonsense but that is what I am thinking...

Re: poor signal or bad modem

Hi zbw68973631,
I think the issue here might have been the firmware update that Rogers recently pushed, as I see on your account that you have the SB6120. There were quite a few customers that had no issues until this new firmware, then suddenly, they started to experience random disconnect. This morning, Rogers pushed a new firmware to all SB6120 users, that should now stabilize all those affected by the recent firmware update.
If you are still experiencing an issue, please power-cycle your modem. If this does not resolve it, please post in the direct forum so that we can help you resolve this.

Review by CID128292 See Profile

• Install: about -1 days
Good ""Good" is not the synonym of the word "TekSavvy""
Bad ""Bad" = incorrect information of technical support (lies in other words)"
Overall "my 170$ of service activation = no internet service at all (zero) provided by the company"

CID128292

The only good thing was with teksavvy's services is a lady on the phone that sounds really nice when you could get hold of her today at 5 pm. After this time company literally dies. What can I say 24/7 support when I am calling right now from 730pm to 930pm non stop for on a connection that sadly is not mine, but rogers that lags every 3seconds through skype, because guess what... I have spend all my money on my cell phone calling you first 30 minutes, taking a note from that lovely lady speaking with me today at 5pm that stated "...it is easier to get hold of us at the evening or at night...". Hopefully she wasn't talking at the same time with someone else.

Next, before going home from work at the same 5pm I got transferred by that lady to the tech support and tech guy with a good voice was talking to me as supposed to a customer.. But...

First of all, activation date was yesterday 9/13/2011 and I took a day off from work in order to be here (at home) and wait for tech support. You should have a certain time when you would come to my place or call me on the phone but I have never received a phone call on the same date when I should of get an activation. And your certain time is somewhere between 8am and 5pm which is absurd obviously.

No one came. (Dot) Perfect... But today (9/14/2011) I am receiving a text message on my phone stating that service was actually activated. Just this moment I thought I am a happy customer again and that is a time when I called tech support and they began to explain to me that they actually activated it outside of a house and everything I need to do is to plug in my modem to my computer and to a phone line.

+ They said that modem is already configured and BOLD[ guy was sure about that ]!!! At the same time when I was talking to tech support I was looking at this page: »www.teksavvy.com/en/support.asp. While being on the phone I was also making a research just to be sure what he is talking about. So he stated that he did set up Routed Mode that appears he obviously didn't when I came back from work to test it. Also again he stated surely that internet connection on my address is activated and I just need to connect all in all...

Outcome:
-i took a day off from work, no sign of a person near the door
-i tried everything in teksavvy's support page (»www.teksavvy.com/en/support.asp), nothing worked
-through the same page I set up myself routed mode for modem doing teksavvy's work (it appears I have nothing else to do)
-yes I have windows 7 and yes I changed that file permission and renamed it and copied required one
-so i looked in documentation and checked all rooms of a house for internet connection, only Power indicator works
-i spent 2 hours calling you for support... nothing... no response... (value = null)
-in total for two days i spent 6 hours trying to fix a problem myself for which I paid in total 170$ for the second day and stayed home for no reason first one

I must say that support (person that talks on the phone) is a face of a company especially in your case. Giving incorect information to customers and lying to them would never make a good business to you and to your customers in the long run.

This is disrespect to me and my time in the first place.

Concussion:
1. I would really appreciate to have day and my 6 (now 7 hours) back. But, well, sad fact is that it would probably never happen.
2. I would also appreciate to solve my problem till Saturday this week, because we are all people and I have a family that waits for my in skype every weekend.
3. I would want a refund of your services you provided if 2nd point fails

Comments:

TSI Rick
System Admin
join:2007-02-17
Merlin, ON

Your review

Good morning,
Would you be able to post in the Direct forum (»TekSavvy Direct) or send me a PM with a contact time so I may look into your situation for you?

Thanks,

Rick
TSI Rick - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

We'll get this working

Hi,
I have added all the information we discussed to your account and I will call you back tomorrow to complete the troubleshooting.

Thanks again,

Review by spal2010 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "I'm no longer paying for this bad service"
Bad "New activation and now cancellation is a nightmare"
Overall "customers beware - another smaller version of Rogers"

[Update Aug 31 2011]

Teksavvy is another Rogers, I call to cancelled back on August 11, 2011 and I'm still waiting for the modem to be release which was suppose to be completed back on Aug 16, then 22 now who knows. No callback or followup by anyone. This company needs to get its act together before people start leaving in mass.

[History]

Ordered internet cable on Feb 16 and it's now Mar 16. I'm still without internet.

Tech Support is rude and waiting for hours before I get a customer support rep and now waiting for a manager callback.

This is the major problem with Teksavvy, placing the blame anywhere else and not doing much for the new customer. It's like they are working with Rogers making it difficult as possible to get internet service.

[Update March 21]

Spent over a week trying to setup an activation date with Rogers tech, never happened.
Contact sales and technical support, refuse to give full refund said it is not their fault. Advise to setup a technical call and a request to send out a Rogers tech on Sunday March 20. I waited all day, emailed Teksavvy to see if Rogers is coming or not. No reply, no return call and no Rogers Tech show up. Wasted another day.

This is getting ridiculous, please reply to email at the very least.

8:00pm - Rogers cable guy came around 6:45pm and from the cable room, switch on proper cable line going to the living room. Previous owner had cable in living room and cable internet to bedroom. I'm now on-line with speed of 3.6M/5K - not 10meg, but right now it's better than being off-line.

Comments:

Indpndt user

@start.ca

Teksavvy service

These folks are scam artists. They are thiefs not only will u never get a straight answer they will never escalate or do anything beyond thier script. Their dsl is abhorrid if only you knew the horrors of thier radius servers which is not from bell. Cable wise well rogers runs a good network and teksavvy does not. Caution to all that want to use them. Go with other independants

Review by s0dhi See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "Promise and Price"
Bad "Unable to resolve issues"
Overall "If you rely on your connection, avoid them."

·TekSavvy DSL
I signed up for Teksavvy cable internet service after using Rogers cable internet services for the past 15 years. In those 15 years, I have had, at most, 5 days where I have had an issue.

The switch to Teksavvy was very easy. On the cut-over day, I simply switched my Rogers rental modem for the Thompson modem sold to me by Teksavvy. The entire switch took about 30 minutes.

However, since I switched to Teksavvy, I have had an issue where the internet service disconnects multiple (3-5) times a day for periods of 1-3 minutes. I am an IT professional that works from home daily and I rely on my connection. These disconnects have had a rather large impact on my daily activities.

Within the first 5 days of the switch, I reported the issue to Teksavvy and have spent the last 20+ days performing troubleshooting, re-arranging my devices on my network to facilitate the escalation and troubleshooting of this issue. The interesting fact is that I have been in my house using Rogers for 10 years and have never experienced this issue in the past.

To date I have no resolution to the issue - in fact the escalation to Rogers resulted in the reply that the modem is offline. Magically, I still use this "offline" modem to write this review.

Teksavvy's hands are tied. Aside from repeatedly telling me that if Rogers doesn't find an issue that I would be charged and additional $100 for the diagnostic, they have been of little help other than lending a sympathetic ear.

I'm at my wit's end. I have asked for someone to call me if they wish to retain me as a customer. If nobody calls me by next week, I will be cancelling this service and returning to Rogers.

If you rely on your connection, I would suggest you approach Teksavvy with caution. My experience tells me that even though everything should work and switch may be easy, if you run into problems, those problems will become YOUR problems, not Teksavvy's or Rogers' problems.

member for 2.7 years, 723 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Tristan

join:2006-09-10
·Bell Sympatico

Similar connection dropping experience

I recently had a similar connection dropping experience after the switch-over to Teksavvy, but I certainly will not blame them for it.

It can often seem related to the switch-over, but in many cases, it's a very interesting coincidence that it happens in step with switching over.

In my case, I had an RG59 cable drop go bad. Once Rogers came out, tested the line inside and outside at the box, and then dropped a new feed of RG6 (better cable - less high frequency loss over long cable runs, I believe), the problem went away. Stronger signal, and not a single modem restart. My signal more than doubled, woohooo!

My house was made in 1980, that cable has been in the ground for 31 years. Not surprised that the cable drop went bad. Also not surprised that Teksavvy couldn't do anything about it, since they don't own the last mile - Rogers does. No service fee required in my case, and I went through Rogers to get it fixed, because I noticed some of my digital TV channels would become unavailable at the same time, followed by both services restoring simultaneously.

Yeah, it's the pits. All I can say is if you've spend the time diagnosing your equipment, replaced cables, ensured no interference from adjacent electronics, etc, and if you depend on the connection as much as you do, then it's probably worth risking the $100 to get a cable tech out to evaluate/fix your connection.

Why suffer with a bad connection? It's like driving a car that stalls every time you come to a stop - get that sucker fixed already. Don't blame the company reselling the gas, when it was the fuel line.

3 edits

Re: Similar connection dropping experience

Fair enough, Tristan. My house is 12 years old.

I am Teksavvy's customer and I expect them to take the lead on issues, but I find myself constantly having to request updates on issues. If a tech is required to come out and diagnose the issue, so be it. After, 20+ days, why hasn't it come to that?

The $100 charge is if that doesn't end up being the issue - I have no problem covering it but I don't want to be stuck with it if the problem is not on my end.

I will add that there are a bunch of folks in my area reporting the exact same issue, so I wonder how many (relatively) newly built houses all have dodgy cable runs that surface with Teksavvy but not with Rogers.

I am not blaming Teksavvy for the disconnects - I am blaming them for not getting the issue resolved; there is a difference.

notafanboi

@teksavvy.com
Why do people defend teksavvy tooth and nail? It's very discouraging for people that have real issues and then fanboy's jump all over the issue like we're to blame. The OP had service for 15 years, in those 15 years he had very limited trouble. now since the switch, he's had how many days downtime and it's been blamed on device configuration? Come on, It reminds me of the time Bhell gave my dryloop to my neighbor and it took me a week to get a new line ran from wherever to my condo. Teksavvy said Bell sees nothing wrong and there's nothing wrong. I even TOLD THEM Bell disconnected the dryloop and they wouldn't believe me, stating it's illegal for them to do that. They also said it would cost me a service call if a tech had to be dispatched for nothing. a week to the day later a tech shows up and tells me my dryloop is disconnected and just hanging there, that I need a new line ran.. Like seriously?! I told them that day 1.

Personally, I think if you're going to switch to Teksavvy for the bandwidth gain, you better have a bottle of prozac near by because the support is atrocious at best some times and the incumbents like to f*ck with us just because they can.
Tristan

join:2006-09-10
·Bell Sympatico

Re: Similar connection dropping experience

Reliable service length is irrelevant.

I had service for a long, long time too. So what?

Not defending Teksavvy. I've been making suggestions like, "TSI should give customers more truthful information on signup" and "Have you tried posting in TSI's direct forum on dslreports to get your problem resolved?"

I hope the OP gets satisfactory resolution. I hate to see anyone have problems with a service. I was giving my story. Sorry you didn't like it, dude.

Good day.

To the OP: Good luck.

said by Tristan:

To the OP: Good luck.

Thanks.

I have had this and another VDSL ticket open in the direct forum for 20+ days - both are not resolved. I am running out of patience. I'm getting the run-around on the cable issue and VDSL has never worked since purchase on Aug. 3rd, 2011.

I want to root for Teksavvy, but it's getting hard to based on my experience thus far.

EDIT: If they can turn things around, I will amend my review.
Expand your moderator at work
mlord

join:2006-11-05

Yup, TSI really sucks as an ISP

No service to speak of. Lots of nice and clueless reps in the "Direct" forum, and nice enough people on the phone if you wait long enough.

But capable of diagnosing or fixing *anything* ??

Forget it. Worst customer service ever, except maybe for Bhell.
Mecamel

join:2010-09-21
Toronto, ON

Re: Yup, TSI really sucks as an ISP

No B.S OK!
let the numbers speak
As of today
Teksavvy Forum: 206 reviews (166 good) (23 bad)

Rogers Forum: 633 reviews (196 good) (280 bad)

Bell Forum: 1081 reviews (400 good) (449 bad)

Be honest and answer this question.
which one of the ISP would you go for?...

what choice do we have other than Teksavvy?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
·FreePhoneLine

Re: Yup, TSI really sucks as an ISP

said by Mecamel:

No B.S OK!
let the numbers speak
As of today
Teksavvy Forum: 206 reviews (166 good) (23 bad)

Rogers Forum: 633 reviews (196 good) (280 bad)

Bell Forum: 1081 reviews (400 good) (449 bad)

Be honest and answer this question.
which one of the ISP would you go for?...

what choice do we have other than Teksavvy?

Cannot compare the reviews of TSI to Bell/Rogers. They have 3x the number of reviews... so if more people posted their positive/negative reviews rather then a praising thread maybe TSI would look a lot better.

Instead people would rather kiss their butt in open threads instead of where it truly counts. Not flaming those who want to thank them but do a review first THEN post a thread.

Because so many forget to post reviews TSI simply cannot be compared to Rogers/Bell on here, there simply is NOT enough reviews to compare
madman280

join:2009-07-05
mlord,

Perhaps you could enlighten us with your direct experiences that lead you to this conclusion?

In looking at the subjects you frequently post on DSLR, it certainly doesn't seem you're an unintelligent person. However, the frequency of your posts prevents anyone from discovering your motivation in posting this.

Before we write you off as another impatient troll who can't deal with people you think aren't as smart as you, maybe you can quantify you conclusion?

TSI Support1
TSI Support
join:2009-09-28

Hi,

I dislike poll data as an accurate representation of the truth. At best polls are an accurate representation of those ambitious enough to voice their opinions, and statistically negative reviews will always outweigh those doing positive ones. the reason being that if people are pleased with something they are less likely to post at all as opposed to those with a negative rant. Getting the negativity off ones chest makes people feel better while singing someone’s praises seems to involve effort and is done less often.

Now having said that, I'm not simply employed by teksavvy, I am also a customer. I for one am pleased with the service, and know the majority of staff by first name. The vast majority are willing to go the extra mile for our clients and I can’t see asking for more than that. In this day and age it is rare to find a more dedicated group of people. I personally have had less problems with tech support here than anywhere else I have ever gotten service from. I do realize that some of our clients are plagued by issue after issue. We try our best with the tools that are available to resolve all issues in a timely manner. When things beyond our control occur we do what we can and stay on it until we get a resolution.

Please do not think I am pointing any fingers at our vendors (bell and rogers) but there are times we are at their mercy. If we cannot resolve an issue on our side we depend on them and those they employ to get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately they have their own way of doing things that do not always coincide with the wishes of our clientele. Nor our expectations of what is considered timely and efficient. This system is far from perfect, but it is all we have managed to squeeze out of the CRTC. The alternative of course is the death of indie ISP's and back to the "duopoly" of Bell and Rogers. It is an uphill battle for sure but we'll get there eventually. Thank you all for your continued patience and patronage.

I'll be going over your posts in the direct form in a few mins mlord, hopefully I can get you an update in short order other than the patented "no update as of yet" response I am sure you are tired of at this point.

Sorry was a little long winded here, but wanted to add my 2 cents to a thread I feel is needed to bring these issues to the attention of those higher up. Rest assured we are consistently working to make things better across the board for you guys and we appreciate all comments and opinions as an opportunity to better serve you.

***update*** as per Gabe the traffic shaping issue seems to have been resolved. Congratz guys and happy downloading !!!

TSI_James

TSI SteveO
TSI SteveO
join:2009-01-26

Dropping the ball

Hello Kev. I already made a post on your direct forum thread, but wanted to further clarify things for the other people/customers here as well. First of all, everything s0dhi is saying is for the most part, dead on. He had ordered 2 services from us (Cable and 25M DSL), and both were unfortunately stricken with problems.

The cable internet, had frequent intermittent issues, and s0dhi had worked with us diligently to try to find the source of the issue, frequently providing troubleshooting results (trace routes/pings/modem levels/etc.). Ultimately the exact source of the issue was unable to be found before he canceled service. Truth be told, I did advise him that this issue had been going on for some time, and that I understood his decision to cancel our service.

Now the DSL, there were quite a few issues with the install itself, specifically with the install techs not doing/documenting the onsite wiring install. Many more escalations then tolerable were required to get this going, and culminated in us having another modem sent out to alleviate a defective modem issue. Unfortunately this account was one of the first ones that we had found Bell sending out a modem with incorrect firmware (obviously an issue NOT caused by the customer).

Obviously, this is NOT the kind of service experience we try to provide at Teksavvy. There are quite a few instances above where delays were caused simply because of our hands being tied by line providers. I won’t use that as an "excuse", but I do want you to know that the vast majority of the reps you spoke to we exercising every option available to us throughout your troubleshooting. I also see that the DSL service should finally be working as of tomorrow, as your modem is to be delivered. Please feel absolutely free at advise us how you feel about the service (and guys, as has been said before, make sure to allow customers to express their views with our service, both good and bad, without jumping to blaming the customer).

Please feel free to respond back to your direct forum post, or send me a PM if you need any additional info, or just have further questions.
TSI SteveO - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

3 edits

Re: Dropping the ball

said by TSI SteveO:

Hi Steve,

I sincerely hope that he DSL service will be up tomorrow, but as of now, there is no indication that the modem has/was shipped or when the modem will arrive. I have been told that 2 replacement modems were shipped - one on the 18th and one on the 24th. Neither one has yet arrived - neither one has been successfully tracked. Additionally, I requested tracking numbers on more than one occasion and wasn't provided any. Perhaps it wasn't my business, as it is between Bell and Teksavvy. Bottom line on the DSL: I ordered the service on Aug. 3rd; it's the 28th and I don't even have the right equipment yet, let alone any actual service to review. (It's the only reason I haven't written a review yet.)

I can appreciate your comments that the cable issues were on-going issues that were being worked; however, it was my impression that I had to press the TSI team to begin canvassing and building a larger case for this issue. I see many threads for nightly slow-downs and frequent disconnects, but I've yet to see any resolutions. I will restate, that I had jumped ship from Rogers to Teksavvy after many years of rock solid reliable performance. Assuming that Teksavvy was reselling the same service, I switched. In the end, over a month without a resolution to the disconnects, many of my hours spent on on hold/support and troubleshooting and then, finally, a multi-hour outage all worked against Teksavvy. I can also appreciate that the issues may not be TSI's fault, but that does very little to ease the impact on me, your customer.

I want to also say that I was really hopeful regarding the Teksavvy services, and perhaps my expectations were too high. If the CRTC can finally side with the people and open the marketplace such that Teksavvy can provide reliable services to it's customers, I would consider giving Teksavvy another chance.

Sincerely,
Kev

Re: Dropping the ball

I finally got the VDSL2 modem this morning and there were a few hiccups (Bell had to be dispatched to "rebuild the circuit"), but now the connection is running well.

I will have to see if switching back to Rogers resolves the cable disconnects issues I had with Teksavvy. If it does not, I will make it clear in the review.

EDIT: The switch to Rogers has not fixed the disconnect issue. In fact it now occurs every 50 minutes. Rogers is dispatching a tech to complete a line trace.

Thanks,
Kev

Review by Hawgpappy See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Nothing so far"
Bad "Everything so far"
Overall "Don't use these guys their service is the worst ever"

In July I enquired to hook up with Teksavvy was told I had to disconnect from Rogers first.

Made a disconnect date and called Teksavvy, they said when Rogers disconnects their tech would connect. That was Aug. 14. Monday I called for no service was told a ticket would be made. Tuesday still no service was told they had the wrong modem info even though I went through that info with them on Monday. New ticket so now I have to wait another 24 hrs. Waited to call back on Thursday was told that they would escalate it. Another 24 hour wait. Friday afternoon I called again and was told there was no response from Rogers so they would escalate it to the second level. Today Monday one week later I was told they responded and said a tech had to come out and instal the modem. Ridiculous because I am watching cable tv and talking to these guys on a cable phone and the modem is telling me I am already connected. Every time I phoned these guys in the last week I was on hold for a minimum half hour and when I left a callback request no one called. Asked to speak to a manager and they never called me back either. No one seems to be able to do anything about this and won't give me the name of anyone higher in the company. Called customer service and was told there was nothing they could do, I had to talk with tech. This is only a partial recount of my experience so far. It goes on and on, the blind leading the blind. So 8 days and counting and I am no further ahead than I was then. If I ran my business this way I would be out of business. Anyway I am not giving up. I'll get some satisfaction sooner or later.

Comments:
technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

Should have over lapped your services

Who ever said you have to disconnect rogers first obviously didn't know what he/she was doing as there is no reason why you should have to cancel rogers first unless you intend to use the same modem you used with rogers. If that's the case here then these delays are to be expected. But if you used a different modem then you should have overlapped both services.

I'd like to help.

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about this. If you would be so kind as to post in the Direct forum with some account information, so that we can look into this and see where things went wrong, and see if we can get this figured out once and for all.

Review by Janders2025 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Bad "horrible"
Overall "terrible customer service, still not working correctly, don't use this company"

TekSavvy took almost a month to come and hook up my cable internet service. After charging a hefty $172 for the modem and first month service, they did not show up for the 3 days of the scheduled hook up service (of which I had to MISS WORK). I called countless times to try to figure out what was going on and none of the TekSavvy reps could tell me a solid story - they all said different things. They kept saying it must be Rodgers fault and they would 'escalate' my ticket but no one actually did anything. I spent hours on their 'tech support hot line' but was always # 8 or 9 in line waiting for my call to be answered. I left my number but no one would call me back to make any progress on the installation. When I did manage to stay on the phone for an hour waiting for a tech their answer was 'it was 'Rodgers' fault, they said they hooked it up already' and there was nothing they could do about it. I sent countless emails trying to get someone to help me figure out what the next step would be to get this hooked up and they NEVER emailed me back, not even one time. Finally I resorted to begging them on the phone. I work on the internet and being out of internet service for a month was a lot of money lost on my part.

The reps were helpless and some were very rude. When I asked for a refund of the $172 that I paid weeks before, they said that they don't do refunds until someone has been out to trouble shoot the account. Problem was, my account was NEVER hooked up in the first place. So, they had my money and I had no recourse to be refunded.

They finally just finally hooked up my service but said due to a 'splicing' issue that apparently existed at my residence before I moved here, I might have to pay extra??? And, my internet takes about a minute to load. I'm dreading the phone calls I will have to make to try to 'trouble shoot' this problem. I imagine that Teksavvy has good intentions of providing fast service at a good price but they are not able to do so at this point. I am extremely disappointed and left with poor internet service, lots of money spent and a feeling of dread at having to contact them again.

Comments:

Review by altasheth See Profile

Good "Decent speed and monthly caps"
Bad "Horrible support...the worst of any company I have ever dealt with..."
Overall "My opinion is that Teksavvy service, regardless of the cheap price, is not worth the headaches...."

Teksavvy support is horrid. They will waste your time with ridiculous unplugging and plugging back in of cables, running traceroutes and ping tests, all the while knowing that the issue has nothing to do with anything that these test will show. Eventually they will just blame Rogers and say that there is nothing they can do except send a tickey to Rogers and wait for 48 hours. In most cases Rogers ignores that ticket and you are then told that the issue is escalated. From what i can tell, "escalated" simply means sending another email to the same people that ignored the first one. Pretty sad. Some people are experiencing down times over 2 weeks in length with Teksavvy doing nothing to try and fix their issues aside from the aforementioned emails sent to Rogers...This is not a provider that you want to get into bed with if you value your sanity...

Comments:

Review by mbchudno See Profile

• Location: Thornhill,ON
Good "was pretty fast while was up"
Bad "4 days no service already. customer service does not exist. nobody takes responsibility for issues."
Overall "never again. they lost me as a client. ever since Cable because part of their offering, customer service is gone."

I had service with them for 6 or so years. First with DSL, then i moved and in new location, phone lines were poor (old building). So i have ordered cable internet. It was pretty fast, fairly reliable. Until this week. It went down 4 days ago. So since 23rd of June, no internet in my house. I have placed numerous calls into their tech support. Very dumb questions and suggestions. And excuses. A lot of those. They just keep blaming Rogers. Yet when Rogers requested information, nobody even called me to ask for it, i only found out because i called 5 hours later after request was made. When i asked to be forwarded to manager, i received runaround. They simply told me that he will call me when he has time. That was almost 2 days ago. I have tried to locate some kind of contact info i can use to complain, yet there is nothing on their website. So I have canceled service. So if someone still has romantic memories about old teksavvy customer support where you got to knowledgeable people right away and they could actually troubleshoot issues and fix them in timely mater, forget about them. They are gone.

Comments:

Review by alirezab See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Bad "Never received service, no refund, horrible customer service"

I switched to TekSavvy cable from Rogers, the service was supposed to be activated on June 3rd, but I had no service, called and they claimed the issue was with Rogers, so they opened a ticket with Rogers. The next 8 days, I did not have internet service and they repeatedly told me that Rogers had not responded to their tickets and they esclated the problem. Finally I was fed up and cancelled the service and re-activated Rogers cable, but they refused to refund me!!!!

TekSavvy cannot help his clients if they run into issues (with carries like Rogers or Bells), as a re-seller of the service, they are not liable to their customer in any way, they have the worse customer service ever. Horrible business model and good luck to existing customers if they have any issue.

Overall, I am glad I didn't switch and I am going to take legal actions against them since they refused to refund me; they claim that my issue was not a physical problem and it was Rogers fault, so they cannot refund me, but I accepted their terms of service and paid TekSavvy, not Rogers.