TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by fefrie See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
Good "Promised speeds as reported or faster depending on which test. Setup fees not too bad."
Bad "Cheaper Prices are offset somewhat by lower upload speed. Recent High packet loss."
Overall "Service in Mature High Density Shaw areas is somewhat reliable. Recently, not so much."

·FreePhoneLine
Update July 29, 2014 Packet loss Round 3. This is getting tiring. Connection reliability rating drops from 25% to 0%. I actively promote teksavvy because I would love that $1/month discount refferal, but I can't do it if I have to tech their line ever month when something goes wrong because my friends aren't as tech to winmtr the line.

Update July 07, 2014 Packet loss has come back. This time opened up a ticket. Used the direct forum and phone calls for help. The process has gone smoother since I do alot of the work before the call testing. Opened up a ticket. Packet loss is 32%. Not good.

Tech support gets upgraded two points (4/5) for making the process faster. Connection reliability gets dropped one point to2/5)

Update June 19, 2014: Didn't do anything, and the packet loss has disappeared. The internet seems like it is at it's speedy normal. I am glad that I didn't waste too much time doing all the tests. I wish TS would tag me as a high functioning computer user so that when I call, they know that I've done everything necessary on my end, probably having powercycled everything 3-4 times already, and asking me to do futile things such as switching ethernet and coax cables is not necessary.

When I have issues with 4 computers in the house at the same time, and once I've direct connected to the modem bypassing the router, the issues are possibly with the modem, but more likely upstream.

Update June 15 2014: Slow internet for 2 days. Tested high packet loss. Emailed support and sent another long list of 'necessary' tests. This is getting aggravating. Woke up this morning and speed seems to be better, but packet loss is still there. Is 15-20% bad? Pings to gateway have no packet loss, but pings to google.com have as high as 28%

I'm dropping Value, services, connection reliability points. I talked to another person in my area that had unending packet loss issues and his solution after months was to leave. Is this the beginning of the end for me?

Update May 07: 930am. Disconnected for about another 5 minutes.

Update: April 21: 11:40pm PST Second connection problem. Granted, it just happened for about 5 minutes but it still happened. Didn't reset the router, modem, and computer. It just came back. If you have a connection problem, just walk away for an hour or two, maybe four. It's not really worth calling in and losing hours of your time. Since this was a short term connection error, and things have been working really well with my upgraded router (480mhz cpu, 128mb ram) I am upgrading my connection reliability rating.

Update Mar 2014: My first connection problem. I called in at 12pm and got connected to a tech agent pretty quick. Call got disconnected, had to call back again at 2pm and waited 20 minutes on hold, continued teching. Call got disconnected, called back at 3 pm, and waited 30 minutes. As I understand it, they don't call people back on disconnects. Neither do they call if you ask them to in the Direct forum. This is aggravating.

The tech bug chasing is pretty tiring and exhausting. I had to ping test/ traceroute which is high level tech stuff for a customer/consumer to do. Restart/reboot/powercycle the modem and my two computers a million times.

I know how to do it, but I can't imagine a normal person would know how to access command window functions. I was afraid that my modem went bad so I jumped through all hoops doing the reboots and different computers and restarts needed to make sure that stuff works. They told me to change all the ethernet wires since they can go bad. Cmon, really? Copper coated aluminium cable goes bad? What about the stuff that is installed in walls and never moves?

I sort of understand that they need to make sure everything is ok before the send a tech, but they wanted me to also change the coax cable that went into the modem into the wall to see if that failed. Cmon, really? Cable goes bad? Indoor cable coax doesn't have the longevity of the same cable that has been sitting on the outside of my house for years? Needless to say, I lied and said that I changed the cable.

The problem was then acknowledged to be outside of my house with a routing issue. All in all, it was an exhausting 4 hours to check my hardware to make sure that it's fine. It's a pain in the ass. I'm dropping my connection reliability rating. Any other customer would have had a hissyfit if the tech asked them to to a ping test and tracerout and send the results to them via email on a connection that doesn't work.

The third tech megan proved to be very nice and finished up the ticket, and the problem magically disappeared as we were teching it again. It turned out to be a problem with Routing at the network.

In future, I wish the techs would just ask if I would prefer to make a note for the sysadmins to look to see if there is failure trend and call me back if I want to help diagnose or give me the option of teching for them for four hours. It was a huge waste of my time.

It's better for TS to acknowledge that the customer has a problem, see if a trend develops, than waste the customer's time to see if there is something wrong with their router, computer , or modem.

I am so tired of this episode.

Update Jan 2014: I was having some slow internet response, so I removed QOS and everything seems to work better than ever. The internet seems to be really quick and responsive. If you are going to use QOS, you need a high quality router.

UPDATE OCT 2013: We were having router issues, so finally changed from DDWRT to Tomato. QOS is now finally working properly. As a long time user of DDWRT I was reluctant to change to Tomato, however, Tomato has more finite adjustments for Bandwidth shaping. Changed to an 'ancient' tomato compatible linksys e900 router. (Actually a downgrade from my previous router) Works in an old house with 7 users and their devices and VOIP. Tomato is the only router I have used so far that has been able to throttle torrenting properly.

With router updates and hardware adjustments and Teksavvy, I now have a network running at 7.5/512k that is more than adequate for many many users that would have needed a much more expensive service to accomodate. I now see regular burst speeds into the 14-18-22mbps range. This makes Youtube HD streaming absolutely possible. There is no buffering, and the grey bar easily outpaces the red progress bar. These are speeds that are completely unheard of when I was with telus 6. I NEVER ever saw a speed higher that 6mbps when I was with telus.

UPDATE Sept 1013: Everything is working fine. It seems like Teksavvy, like any other cable company has burst incoming speeds of up to 22mbps then settles down to 7.5mbps. Everything is working so well that I have to upgrade my network from wireless g to n to take advantage of the burst speed.

I wish that if you signed up for a 1 year contract that they would waive the installation fee.

UPDATE: June 2013. Everything is working fine. Speed test still reports DL speed as up to 15mbps, even though I only subscribe to 7.5mbs. My laptop througput monitor confirms that it's running at 15mpbs which is about the limit for my wireless g connection.

I needed to contact customer service for a seperate matter and it took 26 minutes to reach an agent to solve my problem. I expected this. This was on a Friday at 6pm pst.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I previously had telus with phone and internet for $43 including tax. Every six months, I had to 'beg' Telus to give me the credits to make phone/internet cost viable and competitive. after their recent increase to $55 and their refusal to honor their original contract with me for phone ($17/month) it was time to move.

I tested a voip land line, and with a lot of tweaking I've made it work to the point that the quality is just the same as a land line.

My telus speed was rated at 6.0mb/s and it would on occasion hit that speed on regular internet surfing, or when downloading full speed connections.

I bought a used modem locally for $30, or you can find them online on ebay delivered easily for $35 including shipping. (Update: With Docis 2.0 becoming outdated, if you only need speeds up to 30mbps, these routers can be found for as little as $10)

I ordered the 7.5mb cable service with 300gb bandwidth cap. Previously I was unrestricted, and I would often go way over 300mb, but they have unlmited bandwidth between 2am and 8am so I will just modify my programs to work within those constraints.

The lack of an online interface that monitors on/off peak usage is a little aggravating.

Customer service is a 20 min wait by phone, but they are also responsive by email.

The installation process was a little bit of a hassle because they act as go between between the local cable company and me, which calls for 2 to 3 extra 20 mintue calls when an email would have been more appropriate..

Once the tech came and installed, Everything was fine. The modem fired up and connected without problems.

Now there is the issue with speed comparison:

Telus 'sells' a 6.0mb connection, and using 'pure' download connections like my podcaster, I would hit the max speed easily. Surfing everywhere else on the net was a so so experience, never every getting max speed on regular websites, but at the same time I didn't expect as such.

I bought a 7.5mb cable connection from teksavvy. Here are side by side comparisons:

»www.speedtest.net/result/2699998876.png

»www.speedtest.net/result/2700021051.png

»testmy.net/KgnH0mA.uJZ3qwr.png

»testmy.net/VcGr9n3.Jv3hyCQ.png

And Youtube reports that my speed is 2.0mb/s with telus and 7.9mb/s with teksavvy.

So I'm not sure what to beleive when it comes to what actual speeds are. Is telus undercutting me with a subpar line, or it teksavvy over delivering?

Judging by the 2 out of 3 result, it seems like telus has been gouging me for many years. Seems like they advertise a service that INCLUDES tcp overhead, but teksavvy delivers on TRUE bandwidth.

There is no phone or video on demand option, but I'm pretty sure that if you wanted something like netflix, i'm pretty sure that it would work. There is no option for live sports.

Voip landline works great.

The total extra fees to get me started on teksavvy was $79 for the installation and $30 for a modem that I got used.

With the money I saved I will pay off for this extra expense in four months.

I should have done this years ago. And with the usage of a voip phone now, moving service from house to house should the need arise is extremely simple.

I am

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

WELCOME!

Hello fefrie,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we always love getting feedback from our customers! Secondly, I'd like to welcome you to the family!!

Also, we are in the midst of hiring a lot of new agents so if you need us in the future we're working hard to get the wait times down to a more reasonable level asap. Also should you need us for any reason you can also reach out to us here on the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

There has been quite an interest voiced in us getting TV service in the future. There is nothing in the works at the moment, but who knows what the future may bring

Bear in mind, not only is usage free between 2 and 8 am but we also don't count upload traffic towards your cap!

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback and please don't hesitate to let us know if any questions or concerns come up.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Re: WELCOME!

Could you clarify 'Uploads are free'?

Is it that uploads are free 24/7 or only free during the 2-8am period?

Re: WELCOME!

Period! Uploads don't count. Downloads are not counted during those times.

Hello Fefrie,

Thank you for the update on your services!! Glad to see everything is still working as it should, and you’re receiving excellent speeds with your connection. This is fantastic!!! Please continue to keep us updated on your TekSavvy journey. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are always happy to help!

Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Chatham, ON

Updated Review

Hello Fefrie,

Thank you for the updated review. I regret to hear you have had a service issue with your connection. Our phone agents most certainly do call back when a phone disconnects as long as another call has not connected on the line as soon as the call drops. Which does happen when it’s busy, and it makes it difficult to be able to call back. I have located and reviewed your account to see about the call dropping during troubleshooting and there are notes from the tech agent you spoke to indicating they attempted to call you back when the call dropped however the call was blocked and they were unable to reach you. There are notes indicating for the next agent what troubleshooting had been completed already and what needed to be completed if you contacted us back. Again we certainly do apologize if there was no call back.

If you can post in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct a contact number where you can be reached at I can update your account to ensure we can call you back in the future if you are disconnected again.

We also require troubleshooting for all issues prior to being able to tell you what issue you are having or if you are part of an area issue. We are unable to see your connection from our side to tell you what your issue is or to tell you that your part of an area issue. Troubleshooting must be completed on all issues or we are unable to go forward with diagnosing your issue or assisting you with your connection. We understand it is frustrating to troubleshoot however we must complete it or we are blind to your connection. Fully troubleshooting all issues allows us to understand what issue you are having and what direction we need to go in to fix your service. I hope this helps you understand a little better why we troubleshoot all issues, I can assure you we are not trying to be difficult and we do want to help and diagnose your issue.

Thank you again for your updated review. If you have any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to message us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again
Tsi-ashleigh

·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Updated Review

It was a one time thing, and the thing that I wish happened was...

I wasn't home when it happened.

It probably would have fixed itself anyways.

If I didn't have a string of router failures, I wouldn't have been so paranoid that my modem went bad.

If I knew 100% that my modem was still fine and working, I would have just gone out for a nice walk.

TSI Jon
join:2011-08-24
canada

Re: Updated Review

Thank you for the update fefrie.

join:2013-11-18

Review update

Hey there Fefrie,

Thanks for your updated review! Glad you're still enjoying the service! Please do let us know if you run into any further disconnections as we want to make sure to fix any potential issue.

Chatham, ON

Update

Hi fefrie,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, troubleshooting is not a 5 second job so naturally when we email you steps on what we need, it will be a bit long and that could be intimidating.

My recommendation would be to call in to have our support go through the steps with you.

Can you please create a post in the direct with your contact number and best contact time so we can have support reach out to you?

Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Re: Update

I created a ticket already.

I do have a question though. If I do a ping test and get 100% fine to your gateway, but get a 28% packet loss to google.com, is it really necessary that I do everything else on your exhaustive list?
Expand your moderator at work

Re: Update

There are only a few things we ask that are not part of our vendor's requirements that we ask to help us narrow things down however the majority is something we must as without, a ticket cannot be opened or will get rejected.

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Fefrie

Thank you for the updated review. I am so happy to see the packet loss has resolved itself for you. We most certainly do know that you’re an experienced user and any troubleshooting requested is needed by our vendor. I know you know we are not trying to be difficult when we ask you to check the simple things, we are bound by our vendor’s requirements for service affecting issues.

Thank you again for your updated review. Please let us know in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct if you have any further questions. We are always happy to help you.

TSI-Ashleigh

·TekSavvy Cable

Re: updated review

I'm probably going to have to go through a full test.

I'm at the library now, and the internet just works faster here. I thought that it was my legacy computer, but that proves to not be the case.

It could be my d2.0 router, but tech has said that the likelihood is low.

Packet loss is low (2-4%), but pings can be high in the 200-300ms.

I was willing to accept high pings as an anomoly, but at the library, the experience is noticeably faster, maybe it's the faster speed here too, but high pings will make fast seem slow too no?

Can I still upgrade up to 10 or 25mbps with my 2.0 modem?

Chatham, ON

Update

Hi there,

I see that you also create a public thread and you posted in the Direct. We will have someone follow-up with you in the direct.

Andre

Thanks.

I post in both threads because I want to know/show others and communicate with each other to see if there is a trend in Vancouver

Review by ghent123 See Profile

• Location: Gloucester,ON
Good "Value for the money is great, but Marc and other support staff being very active on the DSLr forums is just the cherry on top."
Bad "Any issues that requires rogers to look into more in depth can take some time, but knew that getting into it anyways"
Overall "For the price you can't beat what you get from it."

I've been with TekSavvys for just over 2 years now.
Since that I believe I had a few issues.
1. was I had the old 475 frame ware 2.08 which caused many error and reboots of the modem. After talking with TekSavvys about it and going through the troubleshooting anything else that could be causing the issue. At the end of the day TekSavvy sent me a modem with the updated frame ware and I sent the old one back once I was up and running. No cost to me.
For gaming it was a nightmare during the time, but couldn't blame TekSavvys for it since it was an upgrade done to rogers network that caused all the issue in the first place.

2. During my move to my new place the move dates got changed at the last min since the place wasn't ready yet. 5 days until I was meant to be moved I had to call TekSavvys and was told it was short notice and unsure if they can cancel the move request.
Sure enough it wasn't enough time took about a week to get my cable back up, but they credited me the move order for my troubles which was great. Wasn't teksavvys fault or rogers, but was on my end.

Network has gone down a few time but normal only do to rogers doing updates to my POI or lines in the area, normal don't find out until it happens and I call in to see what is going on but isn't long.

Some people have had some major issues on the POI I'm on St. Laurent POI in Ottawa but I haven't had most of the issues people have been having.

Always been having the speeds I've being paying for or better (28/1). Even during peak hours not many slow downs.

I'm looking forward the upgrades this summer and better upload speeds.

Just wish the CRTC would fully see what is going on with internet in Canada and be more helpfully towards customers and make it a better market for us all.

Last but not least TekSavvys is still growing and yes there phone ques can be a bit high at some times at least there is help on the DSLr forums for some issues and in the direct forums and doing a lot of work on myworld to make a lot more things easier and quicker without having call in.

member for 2.7 years, 726 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSILiz

Hi There,

Thanks a lot for the feedback in concerns to the overall performance of your services, and glad to hear that you are happy with the service. In concerns to our phone times we are hiring again, so this should be alleviated soon.

Thanks for taking the time to write this and feel free to get a hold of us anytime!

Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Review by Defiant001 See Profile

• Location: Oakville,ON
Good "Excellent customer service, ISP run at the core by those who understand tech"
Bad "Connection can be unstable at times, but this is rare."
Overall "A far better choice in Cogeco land"

·Cogeco Cable
Package: Cable 55 Unlimited - $112.94/month (used to be Cable 30 but was recently changed).

Speed: 55Mbps down/10Mbps up

Term: Been signed up for just over a year

Modem: Technicolor DOCSIS 3 modem

I signed up as soon as Teksavvy was available in my area, I could not stand Cogeco's (lack of) customer service anymore. Setting up the new connection was flawless, on the day the new connection was to be active I came home from work and plugged in the new modem I bought through Teksavvy and everything worked.

Initially there were some growing pains in Oakville area and connection issues here and there but those seem to have smoothed out now and everything is working well.

Customer service and tech support at Teksavvy are very good when I had to use them for the initial issues, always friendly and the tech support knows their stuff well.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Your review

Hello Defiant001 See Profile

Thanks for taking the time to review our services.

We are glad to find out you have been satisfied with our services.

Enjoy them!

Martin

Review by ju1ce See Profile

• Location: Richmond Hill,ON
Good "Straight Forward Fees, Active Tech Support on Boards"
Bad "Since they are at the mercy of Rogers Teksavvy may not be able to solve your problem"
Overall "Better than the competitors just be aware of possible issues when installing or having issues with the network and accept it"

Got hooked up with Teksavvy when I moved into the GTA region. I called them up to connect and order my modem which was done fairly quickly. We purchased the DCM476 and the Cable 18 Express package.

My modem arrived within 2 days as suggested but the installation side wasn't so smooth.

They (being Rogers) tried to come earlier than the scheduled window, for which I was at work, so I could not make it and I had asked the person to come during the scheduled time. I thought we came to an agreement and instead he did not show up as scheduled so I had to reschedule with Teksavvy. Once the new schedule date was given the person came and got it all up and running.

I knew coming in there may be a problem and that Teksavvy may blame Rogers but reality is since they are the ISP of my choice they need to own up to it period. I think most would agree that some sort of "compensation" should be in order but reality is I don't care because I don't NEED internet as though my life depended on it.

In the end I am satisfied with Teksavvy and would recommend them. I would just caution people that because they are a 3rd party provider it may not always go smooth and you should accept that going into it instead of being belligerent.

Updated --- October 23, 2013

I was down for approximately 9 days (even though I called Teksavvy on day 3 so to them it's 7) at the end of September and beginning of October 2013.

Tech support, from a calling point of view, had very long wait times (first was around 45 minutes, second was 1.5 hours) for speaking with someone. In both times I spoke with the tech support person we tried everything imaginable to get the internet to work. The first time was due to a connection issue between the router and the cable box outside and the second time was a DHCP issue.

The positive was:

- Tech support when finally reaching someone

- I was reimbursed for the 9 days I was down

The negative:

- Long wait times on tech support

- Rescheduled dates 2 times with 1 other being a completely different confirmation date on the same ticket which caused some confusion

- No backup should the internet be down for a long duration, but at your request I believe you can ask for a WIND wireless stick.

The reality is I'm still okay with Teksavvy overall. Can't beat the price, the usage cap, and last but not least the fact they are fighting for our rights.

Updated --- August 1, 2014

I just moved to another place and the transition was very smooth. No problems so far.

The only issue I would say is the cost of the move. Most expensive utility at 65 bucks.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Hello there,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate it and are always happy to receive feedback.

As far as these random disconnects are concerned would you be able to contact us in the direct forum here: »TekSavvy Direct so we can look into this with you?

Also I'm sorry to hear about the rough start you had with us. Do you know if your billing dates were properly adjusted to account for this delayed start? If not we can check on that for you as well.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Response.

Thanks a lot for the update! I'd be glad to put through a credit for the two days as we had an IVR letting customers know the issue is in your area- Just message me in the direct so I can get your account information. We appreciate all feedback and will work to continually improve our services.

Cheers!

join:2013-11-18

Update!

Hi there!

Glad to hear the move went smoothly for you! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you run into any issues, we'll be more than glad to help.

Review by peatbog See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Fast"
Overall "So Far So Good"

·TekSavvy DSL
2014 08 01 Initial Review

I decided to get cable because, for one or two dollars more a month than our dsl connection, I can get 20/10 for download/upload, and that is much faster than the dsl we had. There is no static IP but that is ok because we no longer run our mail server, and the web server is hardly ever used by us.

The cable installer showed up on Wednesday and connected the cable. He reported a good signal and attached the cable to the new modem that I had bought several days earlier from teksavvy. He said to give it 20 minutes to sync up or whatever it does, and left. There was no other hand-holding. I had also bought an asus wireless router since my dlink is about 4 years old, and had managed to get it running with my dsl connection.

After running an errand, I came home and found all the lights lit on the modem, plugged in the router, and it worked.

Since then, the connection has been fine. I have been home all week and have tested the connection speed several times a day: it almost always hits 20 download, while the upload varies anywhere from 3 to 10, averaging around 6 or 7. Since we were getting .6 for upload with the dsl connection, even 3 for upload is hot stuff. The dsl gave us 5 for download, so 20 is terrific.

The main use is with two desktop computers, but we also have a laptop and that gets a good signal anywhere in the house.

So far so good.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Peatbog,

Thank you for the review of your TekSavvy services! I am happy to hear you have our Cable internet connected and have had minimal issues with it and are receiving consistent speeds. I am happy to see the installation went smoothly and everything connected right away. This is fantastic to see!!!

If you have any questions or concerns we can always be found in the Direct Forumhttps://secure.dslreports.com/forum/teksavdirect.

tsi-ashleigh

Review by Aftcomet See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Pretty much everything."
Bad "Sometimes sales agents don't have the right information. But tech support has always been good."
Overall "I've been with Bell, Rogers, and Teksavvy. TekSavvy is hands down the best by a long shot."

I've had TekSavvy for over 7 years. I think that's a testament to itself. I can count on one hand how many times I've had an issue with them over that time period (which were always resolved). I started with DSL but moved to cable because you got higher speeds for cheaper. I don't even know what to write about. Everything exceeded my expectations (and I'm not one easy to please either). I think it's a shame that Bell and Rogers exist at all. The experience has been top notch from top to bottom. I have zero complaints.

My only wish now is for TekSavvy to succeed further WHILE REMAINING THE SAME.

If you're contemplating getting TekSavvy services, DO IT WITH THE UTMOST CONFIDENCE.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Aftcomet,

Thank you for the great review of TekSavvy. I am thrilled to see that you have enjoyed the service for many years with minimal issue. I am happy to see you have tried both our internet offerings available and have settled with the Cable internet.

Thank you again for this great review. Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy Journey. If you have any questions or concerns we can always be reached in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct .

TSI-Ashleigh

Review by stevenmm See Profile

• Location: Dundas,ON
Good "Price, Tech Support Reps, Customer Service"
Bad "Install by Cogeco Tech, Teksavvy tech support wait times."
Overall "Great Value for your money, reliable service."

I have had Teksavvy Cable Internet service for 4 months; I am a very satisfied customer. Unfortunately I have decided to go back to Bell because I am getting their Fibe television service. I will keep Teksavvy in mind in the future if I ever leave Bell.

Customer Service:

My Teksavvy interaction with customer service was great since the beginning. They helped me pick my package and modem, and informed me how everything works. When I decided I was leaving to go back to Bell the customer service rep was understanding, and helped me pick the cancellation date, so I would save money. Customer service reps are friendly and professional.

Install:

When I had my service installed I had a Cogeco Tech guy came who was pretty rude. He hooked a wire into wall, the shortest one possible, and said you have to stick your modem there, and walked out. Heck I'm even a Cogeco Cable customer you figure he would have treated me better. I do not blame Teksavvy for that, they can't control what the tech reps from these companies do, they are at the mercy of them.

After the service was installed someone from Teksavvy called to make sure everything went ok. That was the first time I ever had someone call from a company to follow up on an install. I informed them about my experience with the Cogeco and he was very apologetic.

I had a problem with my internet going down, I called tech support and they worked on the problem with me, and we got my internet back up and running. The only thing I did not like about calling Tech support is the wait times. However when you get through to them they are very friendly and helpful. I have not had any problem after that with my internet unless there was real bad weather and the line was down.

I recommend Teksavvy Solutions for your internet needs they have great customer service, and reasonable prices. Tech support wait times need to be improved however from reading the Teksavvy forum on dslreports.com they are training more tech support reps, so wait times should go down in the future. I will defiantly return to Teksavvy in the future if I leave Bell.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the great review.

Hello stevenmm See Profile

Thank you very much for the clear, concise, positive feedback.

As for the wait time, yes we are getting new hires to help bring this down. Most likely you called in the evening where things typically pick up in regards to the amount of calls we get.

We wish you the best with your new provider. By all means, if you ever feel the need to come back, let us know & we will continue to do our best to help you out.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

Review by ltpenguin See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Good "They have great staff on the Direct forum! No more waiting on hold :P"
Bad "Rogers needs to install can be a pain :I Update: they no longer require a technician in most cases"
Overall "It is a great value."

Would recommend especially if you are reading this on DSLReports. They have a great group in the Direct support forum. I never need to call in and be on hold for 30mins The worst part is having setup done by Rogers which is a pain to schedule but once setup it is great Total monthly cost included taxes

member for 1.4 years, 243 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Support2
TSI Support
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

Kind words, the BEST gift on a Monday!

Thank you very much for the kind words! We're always glad to help in any capacity that we can! As always, if you have any questions or concerns, you can let us know in the Direct forum!

Thanks again for the kudos, and hope you enjoy your Monday!

TSI Joe

Review by tross See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Reliable, cheaper and less hassle than other ISPs would be"
Bad "Originally received modem with wrong firmware, but this was quickly corrected"
Overall "Works well, very few problems and cheaper than anyone else in the area"

I'm subscribed to the 6M/256k cable package in Ottawa (Baseline and Navaho / Richmond Road POI), and have had cable internet service with TekSavvy since June 2012. I signed up over the phone fairly quickly (at the time it was 3M/256k), purchased a modem from TekSavvy which was sent by Canada Post. Eight days after my initial call, the Rogers installation technician dropped by at the designated time and the service was activated.

Initially, I had been sent a DCM476 modem with the wrong firmware (could get online, but was disconnected regularly). After working with TekSavvy in the direct forum here on DSLReports to find the problem, they sent me a different modem (DCM475) and I sent back the DCM476 using the XpressPost bag/shipping labels supplied by the company. Everything worked fine after plugging in the new modem.

Everything since that has been smooth sailing. Have only ever experienced one service issue, which was affecting all customers in the area (information was provided on the TekSavvy forum on this website), which was fixed up by the next day. I've also received a free upgrade to 6M/256k and now have unlimited usage between 2am-8am and am allotted 75GB per month outside of these hours. 6M is enough for me, but it'd be nice to have a little higher upload speed, though my understanding is that TekSavvy is only allowed to offer the same speeds as Rogers offers its own customers.

At $24.95/month + tax, the service is cheaper and is more generous than anything that I could get from Bell or Rogers and the low price quickly makes up for the installation fee and cable modem purchase. The quick and straightforward responses I can get from company representatives by using the private, direct forum on this website is also great. I've never tried tech support over the phone (I prefer to contact them online), so I can't comment on the phone representatives or hold times.

So, in summary, if I had to do it all over, I wouldn't hesitate in picking TekSavvy again. I have now been with TekSavvy for about two years (currently July 2014), and I have not had to have any interaction with them since requesting the upgrade from 3M to 6M more than a year ago. I don't call, they don't call... just the way it should be.

member for 4.2 years, 719 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Tross,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m happy to read your enjoying the service and haven’t had many/any issues with the connection. This is fantastic to see!!!! Thank you for the kind words for us in the Direct Forum that have assisted you, we love to hear your enjoying the online experience we at TekSavvy provide through DSLr. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know we are always happy to help; and please keep us posted on your TekSavvy connection.

Thanks again
Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Review by mrbubbles See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Amazing pricing, unlimited 2am-8am, stable connection"
Bad "Nothing so far"
Overall "Buy it. Now."

·ELECTRONICBOX
Moved to Montreal and ordered a 20/10 cable connection. Modem (DCM475) was shipped quickly and installation was painless. They confirmed the date and service was online within 2h of the installation technician visiting.

All TekSavvy plans are unlimited use from 2am-8am and unmetered upload all the time. That means my 300GB cap is only for downloads not performed between 2am-8am.

Stable connection and the speeds are consistently as advertised, even during peak hours. Highly recommended!

Comments:

TSILiz

Hey There!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this and to hear that everything has been a smooth process for you We appreciate the kind words and want to continue your positive experience so please feel free to reach out to us anytime if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Have a great day!
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."