TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by Maxx2006 See Profile

• Location: Cambridge,ON
Good "Works great, professional staff to talk to."
Overall "Extremely pleased! Great service!"

·TekSavvy TekTalk
Ordered this service beginning of Feb 2013 activated start of March. I disconnected my Rogers modem at 8 am plugged in new modem was up and running in minutes. Originally ordered 18 / 1 package with a DCM 476 modem supplied by Teksavvy.

Switched to new 35 / 3 package in June when APTIA was completed in Cambridge. Took approximately 2 weeks to get new package.

Changed packages prior to tiers changing on June 7, 2014, speed changed happened on June 11.
Tested speed it is exactly as stated 45 / 4 works great.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Maxx2006,

Thank you for the review. I’m happy to hear you have been using the service for a few months now without issue. This is wonderful to see. I apologize for the delay in changing your speeds. Generally this is completed within 48 hours however it looks like you made the change when we were having vendor delays. I apologize for that delay.

Thank you again for this wonderful review and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

re:review

Hello Maxx2006,

Thank you for the update!

Glad to hear that you have the 45/4 package!

Please note that the 45/4 package is no longer available now. You are now on a grandfathered package. Enjoy your service!

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!

Review by Kev See Profile

• Location: Brossard,QC
Good "Great services & outage response times in professional manner."
Bad "Rare case of DNS downtime."
Overall "Best ISP you can find in Canada. Most important is to keep the customers informed via community forums or websites."

-[June 2014]-
It has been almost a year from my last tiny update.

TekSavvy services have been improved in relation with customers and, the services and connections remain reliable and solid (depends on the CO station). To be the best ISP available, TekSavvy has to keep the customer in touch via forums, phone or any communication medium as possible as it can by not letting the customers in the oblivion of issues.

Pricing, I would not talk about it due it can be very complicated with the competition in the market + CRTC regulations. TekSavvy will have to try their best to keep their services affordable and use alternative methods to keep the services healthy. We are in 2014, many services are still limited in term of communications. Everything is expensive today.

TekSavvy's website had a huge upgrade over the year, I know they now have their own support forums and this DSLReports forum. Everything is splitted and this could be an issue for some of us we only look at one forum.

-[July 2013]-
Despite the last few outages, connection has been good and fast as always.

Switched from TekSavvy DSL to Cable because we are no longer using Bell phone services. VOIP solution now.
Previous review: »Review of TekSavvy DSL by Kev

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello,

Thank you very much for the great review! We do appreciate it. I'm happy to read your enjoying the services and are still enjoying the speeds your receiving. Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy Journey!

Thanks again

Re: June 2014 Update

Hello DJRiful!!

Thank you for the update!

It's awesome to see that you are still enjoying your service! Things are constantly changing and we are constantly working to improve our service and support.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please feel free to post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum. We'll assist you from there.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Review by TypeS See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "Better usage, reasonable pricing, execellent team of staff on the phones and forums."
Bad "Rogers still controls the underlying infrastructure used to deliver the service, service tickets go to them."
Overall "You won't feel "

I have been a Teksavvy customer since February 2010, after Rogers raised the cap on over-usage charges from $25 to $50. At the time I was paying $99 (with the $25 cap on charges) for 12/1. Back then I could only get Teksavvy's 5/800 DSL package in London, Ontario. I valued being able to use my connection more than having higher speeds. What's the point in speed if you can't use it after reaching a limit (90GB at the time on Rogers Extreme).

Order & Installation (June 2012)
---------------------------------
I moved into a new home at the end of June 2012 and faced the $65 (per service) to move my DSL and phone service with Teksavvy. Since I was going pay at least $65 either way, I thought I may as well cancel the expensive POTS line (I had a Vonage line used for long distance already). Went to a local computer store in London, picked up a Motorola SB6121 and made the call to TekSavvy. Canceled DSL and POTs, ordered the 28/1 cable package on the 300GB limit. I was given 3 potential dates for installation at my new home (Friday/Saturday/Monday). The Rogers cable guy showed up the Monday (a week after I ordered the service) and got me up running after a few hiccups (he had to change a few things at the junction box, at my power panel in the basement and disabled the outlet in my living room). Once I got on the internet, he left and I was up and running and it has been reliable and solid 99.999% of the time I have had it. This tech actually stayed to see connected, hit the internet and conduct a full speed test.

Service Quality
-----------------

In general, I saw speeds of 28Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload almost all the time (generally 27ish and 0.9). The only times it got slow were due to a routing issue that affect many others (even other ISPs) or local cable network capacity issue to TekSavvy's network . That has since been made better by the by an aggregated connection system. Never experienced latency that weren't caused by my own network. My own router would sometimes require a DHCP release/renew to restore full speeds but this was no fault of TekSavvy's or Rogers'.

I upgraded to 45Mbps download and 4Mbps upload in July 2013 when London got upgrade to the aggregated model of connection between TekSavvy and Rogers and again, full speeds almost all the time.

The only service quality issue was that 4 times I suffered what is called a DHCP outage caused by local node splits done by Rogers to increase local capacity. Although no fault of TekSavvy's, on average I was down 72 hours before getting connectivity. I have a 6GB LTE Rogers plan that I rely on as backup, so it wasn't as disruptive for me as it would be for others.

The Good:
------------

Not ever having to worry about my usage metering with either high usage packages or unlimited.

Very friendly and supportive support staff on the phones and here on the DSLReports forums (TekSavvy Direct Support Forum). Kudos to some of the DSLr team such as Martin, Andre, Elizabeth, Johnathan and Keith, you've all been great on tickets.

The service simply just works and works as it should.

The bad:
----------

Although not TekSavvy's fault, their reliance on existing infrastructure with incumbent network providers (Rogers, Bell, Telus, Cogeco, etc.) means certain service tickets will need to to those providers. This often increases the ETA on resolution to days (not in all cases).

Some of the ticket requirements for forms from Rogers are seriously onerous and I can see to some who are not tech-savvy (pun totally intended ;]), it can be a nightmare collecting all the information needed.

Since 2010, I've noticed the quality and knowledge of the technical support departed is very mixed. And I can understand that as a company now with 200+ employees, hiring new people with the same skill set and experience in a small place like Chatham can be challenging. For any very technology inclined like myself, the TekSavvy Direct Support forums here on DSLReports has a phenomenal team. And you can even reach the CEO as well.

Modems. Although they don't force you rent a modem, I can't say I agree with not offering it as an option; especially when they've recently been getting sign up in great numbers from the non-technical population. Modem requirements change often and there is no guarantee when a modem will remain current or outdated (technology often becomes out date after just 1 year). You could buy a modem for near $100 and 6 months later it won't be compatible with newer speeds. I think for targeting people looking to save money, spending $100/year on a modem will negate savings. Offering modem rentals could resolve some potentially hairy situations when new speeds come out and modem requirements change. (key word is offer, not forced ;]),

Summary:
----------

Overall my experience with TekSavvy has been the best I've ever had with any ISP.

At time of this writing I am no longer a TekSavvy internet customer (I do have a business hosting service with them) due to some very circumstantial reasons, but I still love TekSavvy as a company. You can't go wrong with them.

member for 1.9 years, 1072 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

Thanks for taking the time to write this! Awesome to hear. If you ever have any issues or concerns feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers,
Liz
allensutedja

join:2013-02-01

$25 restocking Fee for my properly working fine modem

I have almost the same experience just now. I called teksavvy arround jan 25,2013 because my internet is not working. then they do trouble shooting over the phone tried to fix it.but it didnt work also.so they sent out rogers technician.The tecnician came on 30 jan 2013 and he tested his own modem then his modem worked like a charm.and also he said the problem is with teksavvy. then i called teksaavy again right after that.the lady told me that they will send replacement modem for me and asked me to send back my defective modem cause they told me the problem was my modem. then she said " once we receive your modem we will test it then if its working properly we have to charge you $25 for restocking fee"
they will charge $25 restocking fee me for a modem that they suspect defective but if turn out working properly, they will charge me restocking fee. which is not even my fault!! and what if the modem working properly but they will say the modem is defective then charge me still cause i dont know the truth.

what i dont understand is what they do that. plus my modem is still under warranty.not even a month yet.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17

Re: $25 restocking Fee for my properly working fine modem

Try posting in theTekSavvy Direct Forums and see if maybe TSI Andre, Martin or JonF can be of better assistance before you are forced to send the modem back.
derridada

join:2013-02-17

switch Rogers -> teksavvy

Thanks for this insightful review. Great piece! Now I'm even more convinced to change.

I'm determined to make the switch from Rogers to Teksavvy too, from extreme plus cable, since they again changed their pricing, and I am constantly over the download cap and 'upgrading' to fiber (or 'extreme super plus ultra turbo cable' or whatever they call it) is just too costly and raises the cap only marginally. Since I'm streaming everything now, I can just cancel cable and take it all (phone and internat) to Teksavvy.

My question though: what was your experience like cancelling with Rogers? What cancellation fees did you face? I also reckon I'll get a lot of resistance from Rogers in making the change - I just want to know what I'll be up against...

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: switch Rogers -> teksavvy

said by derridada:

I don't quite remember how cancelling with Rogers went, I had their services for 2 years already at my last residence. So I was not on any contract. I called, confirmed cancellation dates. I went from Cable to DSL (in 2011). So the transition was easier. My cancel date with Rogers was much later than my activation date with TekSavvy. If you're not on contract, you'll face no cancellation fees. You will be offered deal after deal from rentions. I hear they are offering 35/3 with 200GB of data for $45, or they were. If you;re going from cable to cable, you may experience some downtime a day or two since the modem will need to be provisioned on their network.

I highly suggest making a post on their Direct Support Forums. They are very informative and attentive in responding to posts. I also recommend you buy the Thompson/Technicolor DCM476 modem from them, you'll save $20 on activation and it the best supported modem right now to get to future proof yourself.

Update!!

Thank you for the update!!!

It is great to hear the DHCP issue has subsided for you in recent months.

There are many different ways you can get in contact with us for online support. We can be reached through DSLr direct forum, Twitter, Facebook, email (support@teksavvy.com) and Teksavvy forum. We watch all of these channels and are more than happy to assist with any issue or question you may have.

Please keep us updated on your services!

Review by neko See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Easy switch from DSL to Cable with Teksavvy"
Overall "Fast, affordable & reliable Internet from Teksavvy Cable"

After being on Teksavvy DSL service for a few years, we wanted an upgrade in speed. Teksavvy offer both VDSL service, & Cable Internet, via their wholesale model.

The switch was very easy. Teksavvy arranged it so our existing DSL service was switched off 1 day after the new Cable Internet was activated. We had no downtime.

The Cable Internet installation was super easy. Cable tech arrived early morning to do the install. He made sure we had good signal & Modem was hooked up before he left. He even gave us additional coaxial cable in case we needed a longer cable run, sometime in the future.

For roughly the same amount we were paying for DSL service from Teksavvy, we now have 30Mbit download, & soon will have 10 Mbit upload. Having a 30/10 connection is pretty sweet.

As far as usage, it's 300 GB per month. That's plenty for our needs. We have never had problems with overage charges.

Overall, the service from Teksavvy is fantastic. Thank you, guys, you really are the best ISP in Canada!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Neko,

Thank you for the review! I am glad to see you are enjoying the TekSavvy services and that the installation was a breeze with no downtime. This is exactly why we schedule the switch like this. I’m glad to hear the technician went over and above with your installation, and took his time to ensure everything was connected correctly for you. I’m also happy to see our enjoying the TekSavvy Cable speeds you are receiving.

Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey, and thank you for the wonderful review.

Thanks

neko
All Hail Canada
join:2006-08-11
Canada
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Review

Hey Ashleigh,

It's nice to get feedback from you. I don't believe I've ever spoken to you on the 'phone.

As you are aware of technical specifics, such as Cable or indeed DSL; next time you are in St Catharines, I'd be happy to discuss my loop length with you.

Have a good evening, Ashleigh.

Review by TLS2000 See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Unlimited! With Zap The Cap enabled!"
Bad "None found so far"
Overall "Really great service and value for your money!"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
After a few years on the Rogers Ultimate package (grandfathered 75mbps) I finally got to the point where they were charging me $100 extra almost every month due to the amount of time spent on Netflix from my household. I finally said that I'd had enough and put the cancellation order in with Rogerr and ordered TekSavvy's 28/1 service to replace it.

My modem arrived within 2 days of me confirming my payment to them (via online banking). Due to Rogers policy of requiring 30 days notice when you cancel a service with them, I arranged for TekSavvy to be installed on March 29th, 2013, not realizing it was a holiday. That didn't matter, as I was able to disconnect the Rogers modem and hook up the Teksavvy modem without issue.

I did a quick speedtest and speeds were in line with the profile I'm on with speedboost enabled. Youtube streams without issue and Netflix is having no issues either.

All of my questions which were asked on the DSLReports forum were answered promptly by TekSavvy employees, which gave me the confidence to make the switch.

Since I signed up, TekSavvy has switched their interconnection system with Rogers over to something called APOI (Aggregated Point of Interconnection), allowing them to offer higher speeds than the original 28/1 up/down service I had. I'm currently enjoying 150/10 service.

Starting in June, TekSavvy is going to be enforcing their usage caps of 300gb (on my package). Instead of making me pay a higher rate every month like Rogers did, they've come up with an innovative way of allowing me to have unlimited usage. Zap The Cap is TekSavvy's answers to capacity based billing that the cable companies use to bill them. Because Rogers charges them for the maximum capacity that they'll use, TekSavvy's costs are dramatically higher during "peak" periods of 8pm-midnight than they would be if they paid for capacity during non-peak hours. This means that when more people are using their internet, TekSavvy pays drastically more money to Rogers for the capacity to handle them. Zap The Cap gives people on capped connections the ability to ZTC. In exchange for unlimited usage, I enable a switch on TekSavvy's website that limits my download speeds during peak hours to 15mbps (vs the 150mbps that I get outside of peak). As such, TekSavvy has lowered their costs in relation to my connection and they pass that savings on in the form of an unlimited service.

It's a small sacrifice for me, as I do most of my major downloading and streaming during their non-peak hours anyway.

TekSavvy gets an 11/10 from me. They go out of their way to help their customers.

member for 10.7 years, 3394 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Danielle
join:2012-05-31

1 recommendation

re: Your Review

Hi,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We appreciate knowing when things have gone well and it's been a painless transition. Please keep us updated on how things are going with the service as we go along.

Welcome to the family and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

Danielle
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Review by jschildroth See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "No Caps and fast Speed for Downloads"
Bad "Due to Rogers Network Design Flaws, speeds drop during prime time."
Overall "Good value for the price, but due to issues out of TSI's control, congestion is bad at night."

Awesome ISP. Speeds are as advertised and cap is alot better then what the big 3 would provide for a lot less. I highly recommend.

member for 3.1 years, 600 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

Re:Review

Hello jschildroth,

Thank you for the review. We are always working with our vendor to improve the service.
If you are experiencing a large decrease in speeds, please let us know and we can troubleshoot.
If you have any questions or concerns we can be reached directly in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum.

Review by juleso See Profile

Good "cannot beat the price / value"
Bad "node congestion seemed to be high initially"
Overall "would recommend this to just about anyone"

On the 25/2 cable plan now and I really have zero complaints. It's just smooth....if/when there is congestion, I don't notice.

Couldn't comment about any recent trends with customer service because I have not required customer service in ages.

Solid company providing a great service for the price.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Juleso,

Thank you for the review. I am happy to see that you are enjoying the service with no issue. This is wonderful to see. If you have any questions or concerns we can be reached directly in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thank you again for the review.

Ashleigh

Review by vincom See Profile

• Location: Bolton,ON
Good "good cs, fair price = happy customer"
Overall "i like not paying incubments "

·Anveo
i use about +500gb bw/month including uploads, of that 500gb/mnth my downloads are under 300gb so im not charged for overage, rogers would be billing me to death with their paultry bw caps.

internet has been down a few times but that was a wide issue in my area due to rogers mucking something up.

i cut all cords to incubments, the more people do that the more robellus will get there pricing in order and give true competition in the network/communication bussiness in canada

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Vincom,

Thank you for the review! I am happy you are enjoying the service with minimal issue. Please do keep in mind that we are charging for bandwidth starting this month.

If you have any questions or concerns TekSavvy can be reached in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

Re: Review

i know but my dl's are under 300gb and i utilize the free window at 2-8am

Review by rob1114 See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "300 GB+ caps, not throttled, price"
Bad "Odd dip in speed"
Overall "happy with Teksavvy"

Was with Rogers, dumped them when I moved out of my apartment and into my new home. Teksavvy has been a great ISP so far, I would recommend them to anyone. Price is reasonable, I don't have to worry about hitting my 300 GB monthly bandwidth cap like I used to with Rogers (a paltry 60gb) trust me it was a constant headache and worry and I wasn't ready to pay 100+ for Internet service every month for the higher packages. What a refreshing experience to download without being throttled like Rogers does.

So far so good since signing up with them in January 2012. As a result, I'd use these guys over Rogers any day.

Update June 9 / 12

Still very happy with these guys. I am getting better speeds now than when I joined in January. I am located in Kanata, Ontario.
High def YouTube videos are now streaming properly, this was an issue until mid-April or so. Playing online multiplayer games like COD MW3 used to be problematic when I was with Rogers due to throttling, unforgivable in my opinion. No issues when playing now, smooth and quick multiplayer gaming experience. Also, I see that some people here are having issues with their speeds due to congestion at the local switch. I'm assuming that if Teksavvy customers experience this, Rogers customers must be experiencing this as well. I also REALLY REALLY appreciate getting slightly better connection speeds than expected when I run speed tests at speedtest.net.

This ISP provides a great alternative to the other guys.

Update May 8 /14

Ok, so we're having some connection speed issues. I am on the 25/2 package and was on the 35/3. I had to drop the 35/3 package after a few months because I was not getting anything near the 35 download - but the 3 upload was fine.

Typical download speed test results were on average in the 22-26mbps range on the 35/3 package. Not what I was paying for, and a hair below the 25/2 package.

Downgraded back to 25/2, and now I am experiencing a mix of speed test results -12,14,16,18,21 mbps on speedtest.net; Upload speed 1.5, 1.75, occasionally 2.

Now, I do not believe that this is Teksavvy causing the slowdowns. I cannot prove, but I would strongly suggest that Rogers is behind the slowdowns. The people keying in the speeds must be asleep at the wheel and are mistyping the speeds. Lets just leave it at that, you can determine what I am getting at.

Anyhow, I have called support a few times and have informed the tech that I know what I am talking about. It's almost pointless to troubleshoot a speed issue when you are running the test on an i5 with 16 gb of RAM connected via ethernet cable to an Asus RT-n65 router on a dcm475 docsis 3 modem.

Pulling a full 25 mbps is peanuts for this equipment, it's nowhere near capacity.

Anyhow, this is unnaceptable because I am not getting what I am paying for. It is also unnaceptable because Kanata, Ontario is a lot like Waterloo where we have a lot of high tech here, including cisco, and I am experiencing these types of speeds. I live in a brand new development a 5 minute drive from these companies and I rarely, if ever get the speeds that I am paying for.

I would assume that my neighbors who have Rogers high speed are not experiencing these issues. My next step could be to ask my neighbors who use Rogers (townhomes, we are connected at the wall and use the same panel) to perform a speedtest.net test, and I will run my own and post the results here. I want to know first hand if I am being shafted because I am a teksavvy customer.

I am pretty annoyed. All in all though, Teksavvy is a fair company, they seem to have the best interests of their customers at heart. I will continue to use their service for now, but will keep cringing when I run those speed tests.

Comments:

TSI Support2
TSI Support
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

"Very happy with Teksavvy"

Thank you for the review. We're glad you're happy with us. Welcome to the family!

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Rob1114,

Thank you for the updated review. I regret to hear that you are having a speed issue. I have attempted to locate your TekSavvy account with your handle however it doesn't look like you have spoken to the online team prior for assistance.

We would certainly like to investigate your connection and diagnose if you are having a service issue that is attributing to a slower connection. Please send us a message in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information so we can assist you further.

Thank you again for the review.

rob1114

join:2012-04-08
Kanata, ON

Re: updated review

Hi Ashleigh,

Will do, thanks very much for the follow-up.

Review by jkelso_1 See Profile

• Location: Newmarket,ON
Good "Was good while it lasted. Consistent speed whenever I tested."
Bad "Horrible tech support by email."
Overall "I stopped using them for a while but came back via DSL, Bypass Rogers :)"

·Acanac
I will start by saying I have had Teksavvy for a few years now with minimal disruption to service. Being down when the whole region is having issues is acceptable.

I had the TekSavvy Extreme Cable 28 which doesn't show on their site anymore. Closest comparable would be the Cable 25 which is $7 + tax cheaper.

Order and install was easy. The techs who did the install found a bad connection from my house to Rogers and fixed it. Outside of my house at the pole.

Modem is Thomson DCM 475

Not so any more. For weeks now I have had intermittent issues. The modem reboots. First step for me was to reboot the modem manually which did not fix anything. I then checked Teksavvy site and found they had issues with cable in my area so I did not call or open my own ticket.

After a few more days, I checked the Teksavvy site and my area was cleared. I did a factory reset which didn't fix it so I emailed tech support and began a six day eight tech journey of frustration with their first level support.

"What are the lights doing on the modem?"

Power solid
DS solid
US Slow blink
online solid link flickering

"That looks like it could be an RF problem. If possible could you please log into that modem, you can do so by typing 192.168.100.1 in your web browser. Once in the Thompson configuration page you can click on diagnostics on the left. Once your on the diagnostic page, can you take a screen shot of that?

This way we will be able to see what the problem is with the modem and get the service restored for you if it is In fact an RF (Radio Frequency)"

I sent the screen shot and added the event log for good measure which showed multiple events. No ranging response received, DHCP warnings , re-initializing etc...
Screen shot of events attached.

I eventually did my homework and found what those errors mean here »volpefirm.com/docsis_timout_descriptions/

They kept insisting I take a screen shot while I was experiencing the issue. I never did figure out how to take a screen shot "while the modem was rebooting"

"Your logs do show us what may be wrong but logs alone do not confirm your issue. Your signal levels do look in spec but because your issue is intermittent, we need tests done while you have the problem. Please provide new signal levels and the information below when you are experiencing the issue."

I warned them if this was not resolved before next billing cycle I was gone. They had a week left.

I finally got to the next level of support where they say they opened a ticket with Rogers. Apparently I didn't really reboot the modem when I unplugged it, even though one of the times I left it unplugged for 30 minutes.

"Update: We have received an update from the vendor and they require additional information.
Next Steps: Our vendor confirmed that your modem was not power cycled, we need to ensure this has been completed before we can proceed with opening a repair ticket. Please disconnect the power from your modem for 30 seconds and reconnect. Please let us know if this resolves your issue or if it continues to persist and we will follow-up with our vendor for a dispatch."

I reboot it again and got this reply.

"Thank you for the reply. I would suggest to give it a few days just to be sure."

Ultimately, I got this from them. Again, insisting I get a screenshot while it is rebooting.

"At this point Rogers has closed the ticket and it will not be re-opened until we have information from your connection that show an issue. So far the modem's diagnostic information that you sent do not show any signal/power issues. Also, the IP Config information showed that your computer had a public IP address that would only be obtained if the connection was functioning fine. Due to the intermittent nature of the issue, we have not been able to get the information require by Rogers to send a repair ticket.

At this point the best option we have to get the issue repaired is to complete the troubleshooting template that Rogers has us fill out. We need to "catch" the issue when you are experiencing connection problems. Rogers WILL NOT open a repair ticket without a completed troubleshooting template and will most likely reject any tickets sent with no problems found on the line. This is why we requested your IP information after you sent the modem's diagnostic information because there were no issues for us to open a ticket with."

I did at some point through this ordeal mention that there had been corrosion that the install techs had found on the original install but this fell on deaf ears. they were too focused on the script they follow.

"While I understand your frustration, I'm not sure you completely understand our process for dealing with issues like this. In case you were not aware, we are a reseller of services provided by the Rogers' network. This means that A) we don't have access to your modem to see stats or event logs, B) we do not have our own techs that we can just dispatch out to resolve the issue C) Most of the technical support staff here at Teksavvy are trained to look at a problem from this type of perspective, so we're quite persistent on getting the information needed to move forward with submitting a repair ticket."

They can blame Rogers all they like, I was paying Teksavvy.

Update May 3, While the experience above made me furious I have changed my rating.

I found the two options Keith gave me to correct this to be well worth trying but did not accept because I had already booked an install with another provider and was eagerly anticipating IPTV. My goal was to be able to give Rogers the heave ho. I am 99% sure my issue was Rogers based and not my modem.

When the other provider failed to provide I contacted Keith to check if the offer was still open.

I believe Keith's handling of this supersedes the mishandled email support I experienced.

Thank you Keith.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Your Review

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I do see that your cancellation order has already been placed so I won't really be able to offer any assistance here. However, I would like to apologize for the difficulty you had. Not only with the service issues, but with reporting the issue and getting a ticket submitted for you. These interactions are being reviewed and will be used as a learning experience to improve ourselves and attempt to avoid situation like this in the future.

Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
jkelso_1

join:2009-10-01
Newmarket, ON

Re: Your Review

I accept your apology.

Thank you for the generous offer but we cannot come back. We have already paid for service elsewhere.

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

sorry I missed you

Hello again,

I had just tried to call you and left a voice mail. We'd like to see if there's anything we can do to keep you on board and make you a happy customer again here. I've sent you a PM including my personal email here. I would love to hear from you either in response to what I have offered or as a means of providing additional feedback.

Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )