TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by creed3020 See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "$/Mbps, Exceptional usage limits, DOCSIS3 Modem, and a private Canadian company"
Bad "Phone queues are beyond acceptable so use another method like DSLR already!"
Overall "Great ISP working hard for their customers within a completely flawed Canadian regulatory environment"

Pre-Ordering: As a previous TekSavvy DSL customer I have been reading the TS forum here for well over a year so I had a really clear idea of the good and the bad when it comes to TS. I knew that with my move to Toronto that it would be a good time to upgrade myself from DSL to Cable. I am not a crazy downloader but appreciate the high caps so the 300GB plans work perfectly for me.

Ordering: I ordered over the phone and only waited 2 minutes to speak to an agent. They got all if my information recorded correctly and helped me to cancel my DSL. I ordered the TekSavvy Express Cable package with 10Mb download, 512Kb upload, and 300GB usage cap. After I called I forgot to asked one question and had to call back a second time. I wanted my new cable modem (SB6120) sent to my current address and not the new one. This request was handled well and I received the modem 4 business days later.

Installation: I set my activation date for Monday May 2nd as we moved in on the 1st. I received an automated call on the 1st which was awesome because it shows how they are already prepared for my install date. I had the option of rescheduling should I need to which I didn't. I originally choose a setup window of 8AM-11AM and the tech showed up at my place at 8:15AM which was awesome because I could show him around before leaving for work. He cleaned up the outside of the house because there were a million coaxial cables. He did not need to run a new line. I asked him to mark the line as a TPIA line and he said he would, though I was not able to confirm this was actually done as I had to leave.

Post Installation: Later in the day the lights activated correctly on the modem. The receive light lit up blue indicating downstream bonding which is awesome for my 10Mb profile. The service has been working well since activation, however, I have noticed what I believe is some congestion during peak hours, BUT, I want to test with a wired PC instead of over wireless before I make any solid judgement on that aspect of the service. With Speedboost I am seeing over 20Mbps.

I will update again once the first month is over.

UPDATE: I just moved to Kitchener and the install went very well. I was annoyed that Rogers had not upgraded the channel bonding in my area but low and behold on Thursday the connection dropped for a few minutes and we went from 4x1 to 8x2. I am looking forward to the smooth ride and with recent upgrades to the POI speeds are looking excellent.

UPDATE (Nov-25-2012): Speeds during peak periods are getting worse but the real issue is that my local node is overloaded and a D3 modem does not appear to be enough to overcome this. Pings are in excess of 300ms on average and experiencing anywhere from 0-10% packet loss. Line monitor shows this issue as does smoke ping tests. Latency sensitive activities like online gaming and VOIP are not possible at the moment. Technical support is unable to provide a resolution due to crippled Rogers TPIA support.

UPDATE (Jan-2-2013): Issues related to crazy high pings and packet loss have been resolved. The problem has gone away but can be recreated as it was determined the issue is related to software. A Windows service related to cloud backups was hogging upload bandwidth to the point that nothing else was working correctly. The software has been tweaked accordingly and the issue is no longer. Anticipation for the CRTC decision regarding speed matching on Aggregated POIs is going to be a major push/pull factor as higher upload is becoming an absolute requirement. Cable is unable to meet this expectation and VDSL remotes (multiple within 400m of my home) are making VDSL an attractive option.

UPDATE (June 7th 2013): I just moved to a new address in Kitchener and the install went very well. The technician showed up during the window even though I had missed their call which was appreciated. Channel bonding is enabled in my area and I see 8x4 on my DCM475. My signal stats are not as perfect as the previous install but Rogers does have to come back and properly bury the cable they left in my grass. When that changes I'm curious to see what impact it will have on my signal as they have to install a new box as well on the side of the house. I have a home-run from my modem to the pedestal in front of my home.

UPDATE (June 28th 2013): The Kitchener POI has been successfully migrated to APOI and the ATPIA speeds are now available. I requested a change to 25Mbps down and 2Mbps up with the same 300GB of usage as previous. The request took a total of 5 business days between TSI and rCable before it came into effect. Speeds look good and more testing will occur.

UPDATE (Feb. 4th 2014): I started to notice a trend in my cable modem signal stats through the Fall of 2013. These continue to get worse and eventually the downstream signal was out of spec. I was not losing sync or seeing degraded speeds so I continued to monitor. In January 2014 it reached a point where I felt some preventative maintenance was a good idea. I logged a Technical Support ticket with TSI and they clearly saw the problem. I completed all of the testing requested and Rogers sent a technician to the house. A -6db attenuator was attached to the modem directly. This brought the downstream power levels back into specification and they remain there today. All in all a good experience with TSI Technical Support and the incumbent.

member for 8.6 years, 1497 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Node congestion

Sorry to hear about this. I see we had opened a ticket, but no updates seem to have been pushed back to Rogers. So I've updated Rogers as well as your »TekSavvy Direct thread.

Martin

TeksavvyUSER

@teksavvy.com

Comment from a Teksavvy USER

i am using CABLE broadband from TEKSAVVY. The 20mbps package.

I can tell you it's the biggest shit I ever used in my hole life.

ROGERS in my opinion is much more reliable speed and service.

For 5$ different I prefer pay it and shut my mouth.

The evening and week end I get maximum dial up 56k speed. Sometime 100k is lucky. Sometime so slow the pictures not appear on the web page. Instead there is red X appear...

My laptop stay frozen for several minutes because too slow broadband connection.

TekSASHIT CAN BURN TO HELL THOSE BASTARD.

Re: Comment from a Teksavvy USER

Hello,

I noticed that you posted a very similar message on Twitter.

If you would like us to help you, can you please post in the direct forum with your account info.

Andre

gajego

join:2007-02-15
Canada
Oh, I was going to switch from DSL to Cable... Is TS Cable it that bad? What Modem do you have?

TSI Marty

Re: Comment from a Teksavvy USER

said by gajego:

Hello gajego,

We apologize for the misunderstanding with the above comment, there was a misunderstanding with that customer and we worked to resolve their issue the best we could.

If you would like to post here in the »TekSavvy Direct we can see which cable speeds are available to you.

Martin

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the updated post!!! Happy to hear your enjoying the new updated speeds and also enjoying your TekSavvy service. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions as you know we can be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct and are always happy to help!

Thanks again for the great update!! Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey!

Thanks again
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Chatham, ON

Thank You For Your Review!

Hello,

Thank you for your review update. Good to hear the signal issue was resolved for you in a timely manner.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Regards,

Review by GojuKid See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON

I had been with Bell DSL for over 10 years and could not get any better than 2.6. I ordered 28/1 cable internet and DOCSIS 3 modem from Teksavvy about a year ago. The initial install in Toronto was up and working on the promised date. We moved to Kitchener 3 months ago and transferred our service (even though there was a stop sell) to our new home. Install was done on the promised day and was running the next day. I have had no reason to call support except for the move and they were very helpful. I would recommend Teksavvy.

Update February 1, 2014: Changed to the 25/2 profile when it came available in Kitchener in June, 2013. The request took about 7 days. The results were a stable speed in the evenings and a lower monthly rate. I have not had any problems at all with my service and would recommend this service.

member for 13.8 years, 6550 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Alan
Chatham, ON

Thank You For Your Review!

Hi GojuKid,

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear everything went well with your move to K-W, and your subsequent migration to DSL.

Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with at any time. We are always here to help!

GojuKid

join:2001-01-28
Kitchener, ON

Re: Thank You For Your Review!

Hi TSI Alan,

I did not migrate to DSL. I went from rCable 28/1 to rCable 25/2.

Review by blackdragon1 See Profile

• Location: Oakville,ON
Good "Good speed, fair price, good tech support"
Bad "Low caps"
Overall "Good value, but would like higher bandwidth caps"

·TekSavvy DSL
I have been on TekSavvy Cable since summer 2013 (was on TekSavvy DSL previously) and made the switch mainly for a more reliable connection, faster speed, and because we were switching our home phone to VoIP and did not want to pay dry loop fees.

The modem cost ~$100, which was the only investment we had to make. The monthly bill was $39.95, now its at $42.95 ($3 increase) but the speeds have also increased, from 20/2 initially to 20/10 currently. The bandwidth cap unfortunately is still at 150GB, but, TekSavvy does offer a 2AM-8AM "free download" session where nothing counts towards your monthly limit. It was a bit challenging going from 300GB on DSL to 150GB on cable, but thanks to the overnight free download, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

We have only had one issue since (about 5 months). Around the beginning of January, we experienced incredibly slow download speeds throughout the day (0.5-1mbps). The issue (from what I saw) was that Cogeco was upgrading their equipment. Either way, it was frustrating that TekSavvy could not do anything, and did not compensate us in any way either.

Overall, apart from that one week of issues, I have been pretty happy with the ISP and service, and have recommended a handful of people to them over the years and will continue to do so.

Comments:

TSI Andre

Review

Thanks for posting your review

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything

Cheers

Andre

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Your Review

Hello there,

Thank you again for the review. We always love getting feedback from our customers.

Would you be able to post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum with your account info by chance? I'd like to see if there's anything here we may be able to assist with.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Review by morisato See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Order process was Simple."
Bad "Rogers made me wait an extra day for Provisioning."

·ELECTRONICBOX
Order is Complete Now on Day 1

Sent in a beta preorder form for Atpia Cable 150/10 Package teksavvy mailed my modem out and forgot to bill me rofl p:0 so i politely asked for a bill so i can properly pay for it all But So far Presales Contact and Installation Info has been great 2 thumbs up to marc and andre. I

So on Install day today i was eager got my install @ 7:52 am all seemed to be going well Until about.. 7:53 am! rogers did not provision me so i spent the day resetting my modem every 30 minutes alll Day long p:) walked like 50 storeys worth of stairs in the process rofl. good exercise.

Bright side - Tsi Andre Called me to see if it was working - proactively It was not so we pushed a ticket into rogers to get it fixed. Will post The rest as it happens... My precious... Where is the
Precious.,..

So Another Day passed it is now been a full 48 hours since my rogers tech left and My Connection is still not live No fault of teksavvy though they have a ticket in and have been pushing for it.. Sigggh!

I woke Up on April 11th 10 Am Reset the Modem as per Andres PM and Now its working Speed tests @ non prime time are great Ip Does Geo locate to Nunavut Though. Will Update This review in approx 1 weeks time

So its been working fine for over a year now awaiting the new customer portal for the Primetime throttle to allow me to have unlimited on the cheap all in all teksavvy is doing good.

Comments:

TSI Alan
Chatham, ON

Glad to hear your return to TekSavvy has been a positive experience for you. We're delighted to have you back as part of the family!

Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with along the way.

Regards,

Chatham, ON

Update

Thanks for updating your review Morisato!
chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB

off peak?

are you still getting over 150Mbps off peak?
morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

Re: off peak?

No rogers removed Speed Boost from Third party lines A few months ago so Now u just Get the raw speed u ordered always.
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Review by kabes See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "High cap with unlimited on offpeak hours, consistent speeds, good support"
Bad "Reliability was an issue in later months of 2013, but seems to be better now. No downtime for 3+ months"
Overall "Better than the incumbents overall"

Update Jan 2014: Connection has been a lot more stable these last few months. It seems that the reliability issues after the rogers aggregated switch are gone. Recently had some lag and packet loss issues in online games, but teksavvy fixed it by rerouting my connection to the game server which I was very happy about. That is the type of thing I feel that sets them apart. I doubt I could get rogers to look into their routing with a simple post on a forum. Also got tektalk recently (ported from bell) and it was mostly smooth except getting the ATA to initialize at first due to something wrong on their end, but it was fixed with a phone call.

Update July 2013: I am on 45/4 now.. the switch was easy, I did it on their website.

Original review:

----

There was a stop sell in my area for a long time to prevent excess congestion until they upgraded to more capacity. I signed up within minutes of getting the email saying the stop sell was lifted.

I ordered the 28/1 300GB package. The one downside is there is no way to monitor usage yet. Your only option is to use a router to do so. When usage monitoring does come, I hope they keep the same 2 month average/Unlimited rollover thing instead of charging per GB as this is a huge asset to the service.

I already had Rogers cable TV (but no internet) and for some reason a tech had to come out anyway. The tech himself was kind of confused as to why he was here and had to call his supervisor since he literally had to do nothing except put a plastic tag on the line outside. But besides that, the the tech arrived right in the middle of the 3-hour window (which was communicated by email from teksavvy) and then I had service about an hour after he left.

First impressions were good, my first speed test was almost double my rated speeds because of speed boost and after speed boost stopped my speed was a consistent 28Mbps (around 3.5 MB/sec) at all times of the day. However I was getting intermittent disconnections usually around 5-10 times a day that lasted for around a minute. I posted on the direct forum here and since my cable line stats were close to ideal they figured it was a modem issue. There has been some problems with the new DCM476 that teksavvy and rogers are still trying to resolve. 2 days later I had a DCM475 STAC.02.16 on my doorstep and that seems to have solved all the problems with no disconnections in the 2 days since. There was also no downtime in between switching modems. As soon as my 476 went offline the 475 worked immediately.

I much prefer the forum support over phone support. It's more concise and they treat you like you know what you are talking about and won't make you go through meaningless steps like "is your modem plugged into the wall?" that I have experienced elsewhere.

I just hope upload speed gets upgraded eventually. With Bell now offering 10Mbps you would think Rogers would start to offer at least 4-5Mbps at this price level. The fastest DSL in my area is 6Mbps or else i may have considered that from teksavvy.

member for 4.6 years, 369 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Marty

Your Review

Hello,

Thank you for taking this time to write this great review, we are ecstatic to have you on the TekSavvy team.

As for upgrades, we are always looking to get better, whether it be faster services, larger service areas or customer service if there is a place we can improve we will work for it.

Martin P

Chatham, ON

Update

Thanks for posting an update to your review. I am glad we got things sorted quickly for you

Review by davey6693 See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "Easy Install, no speed issues in first six months"
Bad "Slight anxiety with phone number port"
Overall "Very good service at good price"

We joined Teksavvy (TSI) at right around the time that various line upgrades were being performed in the GTA (I'm in KW), and against a backdrop of various levels of vitriol against the company from those who had issues with their connections, I decided to wait six months before posting anything.

Now that we are at that point, I have nothing but good things to say about the reliability of the service. Apart from one issue in the fall attributed to a failure by Rogers, we've had our 45/4 speed the whole way. I have not had to call tech support except to get our TekTalk number set up to dial out internationally, and on that one experience it was a short time on the phone followed by a swift fix.

If we ever have to call for a line related issue I'll post again. The one thing TSI cannot control is their dependence on Rogers to fix infrastructure issues. Rogers really has nothing to gain from swift, efficient service to what amounts to their competitor, and so from my observations of dozens of other accounts, Rogers are often poor in responding to issues both in terms of speed and quality of resolution. As the customer pays TSI, you see more often that not that the customer yells at TSI, when frequently TSI's hands are tied.

We took the opportunity to boot Bell out of our house entirely and took up the TekTalk service at the same time, and that has also been very good. Our Bill dropped to $16 per month for phone service, and hasn't missed a beat.

As we all know, the Do Not Call list is frequently ignored by telemarketers and (because it doesn't apply to them) charities who cold call. While I'm certainly not anti-charity, I prefer to give rather than be solicited. With TekTalk you can add any number to your blocked list. Anyone blocked receives a message indicating that you're not receiving the calls, and your phone never rings. I Love that! You can see on the call log who has tried to call you if you wish, and it's good to see a barrage from one number trickle away as they finally give up.

The one thing that almost lost us our number is something TSI should include in large font in their instructions to those porting a number:

IF YOU CALL BELL TO CANCEL THE LAND LINE YOURSELF, YOUR NUMBER WILL BE GONE FOREVER. IF YOU WANT TO PORT YOUR NUMBER TO TEKTALK, YOU MUST ALLOW TSI TO CANCEL THE LINE ON YOUR BEHALF.

It's easy to be in a situation I was, where I notified Bell that my internet needed cancelling. At the same time I told them they could kill the phone as well, and had to frantically un-cancel the landline a week later, once I learned of the above.

All in all a very happy customer who is glad to have made the switch.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Hello Davey,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us so far. I'm glad to hear that other than the hiccup in the fall your service has been performing well and as expected

I'm glad you had no difficulty adding international calling to your TekTalk and am especially glad to you were able to save your number! Our phone agents should definitely be advising customer's looking to keep their number not to cancel it with their current provider, and I'll be passing this feedback on to see about detailing the process more for people who are just looking into the service as they may end up cancelling their service prior to reaching out to us to place an order.

Thanks again for your feedback, have a great day!
Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Review by BuddyRich See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "No contract. Competant staff. Open communication with customers. "
Bad "Reseller so ultimately no control over certain issues... at mercy of incumbent"
Overall "If you want a No BS IISP, who goes to bat for the consumer vs. incumbents, there are none better."

Ive been with this ISP since 2007. Been through 3 moves with them and never any problems. I get my advertised speed with minimal downtown, and a generous cap, that has yet to be enforced, though this will be enforced shortly. The best part was everyone was given ample warning from the CEO himself here at DSLR. One of the best things about this IISPs is the open communication here in the forums at DSLR with all levels of this IISPs staff.

They have constantly fought for the consumer against the incumbents at CRTC hearings, as well as against copyright lawsuits on behalf of their clients. They respect your privacy and will not roll over short of a court order.

The only negative is that they are at the mercy of the incumbents on getting things fixed if needed as the SLA process makes for some longer turnaround times than is ideal for something as critical as internet service has become.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE:Review

Hello BuddyRich,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

We certainly appreciate your kind words. Glad to hear everything is working great as advertised!
If you have any questions, you can certainly get in touch with us at any time.

Thanks again for this great review.
TSI Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by mischief007 See Profile

• Location: Ingersoll,ON
Good "Easy setup via phone call, tech showed up during window, installed everything properly, no issues with the connection so far"
Overall "Reasonably priced and caters to the geeks out there"

I ordered cable for my new home. Called and everything went smoothly over the phone to order my cable connection. Contracted tech came out and installed the line properly and quickly. Hooked up the modem and everything was fine. Got a call from an account rep and made sure everything was good.

I get the speeds I'm paying for and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I know if I do have issues, Teksavvy will be there. This is why I've always been a customer and my parents have Teksavvy as well.

Thanks Teksavvy for being reasonably priced.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Mischief007,

Thank you for the wonderful review! This is so lovely to read I am so very happy to hear that your installation went smoothly and you had no issues. It is also very nice to see that your speeds are where they should be and you’re having no issues with the service.

Thank you again for this wonderful review, if you have any questions or concerns or comments please reach out to us through our Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct . We are more than happy to help you.

Thanks again
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Cheers for posting the review

Review by El Quintron See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Amazing Speeds, Much improved installation Coordination"
Bad "No affordable unlimited service"
Overall "Higher Speeds, First World internet from a great provider"

·TekSavvy DSL
Got my TSI Cable APOI TPIA hooked up today, I ordered it about a week ago.

My install slot was today, between 11 am and 2 pm, the tech showed up at 11 am sharp, he was here for 15 mins, connected it, and I was up 15 mins later.

The speeds are phenomenal, and it's nice to finally have first world internet speeds in Canada at an affordable price, and from a decent internet provider like Teksavvy.

My *only* issue so far with this service is the lack of affordable unlimited on the 150/10 service $219.95 for unlimited? Are you kidding me? but that's my only complaint, I don't usually go over 300 GB, but I usually prefer to go for the unlimited package, so I am disappointed about that.

Edit: In this thread: »BETA my account portal v2 - need your help a system will be put in place where we can opt to have reduced speeds during peak hours in exchange for a virtually uncapped service TBA.

Other than that small gripe everything else went off without a hitch and I'm now enjoying top notch TPIA from Teksavvy.

member for 6.6 years, 2921 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello El Quintron,

Thank you for the excellent review of your services and installation. It’s great to read that everything went smoothly with your installation and that your speeds are phenomenal. This is fantastic to hear!!!
I do apologize for the pricing of the unlimited 150 mbps unlimited connection; this is our newest and highest connection speed we have just introduced within the last few months.

Please continue to keep us posted on your connection.

Thank you again for the great review!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Review by SpdKilz See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Good price, speeds as advertised, good tech support."
Bad "Initial upfront costs were high, sold me an outdated modem I'd eventually replace 6 months later."
Overall "Happy that I switched to TekSavvy, cut my ISP costs in half."

I'm going to break this review down into subsections. Generally speaking I'm pretty happy with TekSavvy, but some aspects more (or less) than others.

Pre-Sales/Order information - I had been wanting to switch to TekSavvy for a while. Been with the big "B" for many years; low speeds and high prices, but I was on a grandfathered "unlimited" bandwidth plan which I took advantage of. Decided it was not worth the expense, so ordered up TekSavvy. The initial upfront costs of the modem, activation charge, and first months service were a bit of a shock ($200), but within a few months it would work itself out with the savings . I was able to choose three install dates, and I believe they ended up coming on my first choice of dates. I ordered on March 15, 2013, my modem arrived on March 19, and the tech came on March 25 (early too I might add!) to hook it up. And by hook it up, I mean spending 5 minutes making sure I plugged it in right and testing the line strength). Gave me the AOK and said he'd submit the activation request from his van. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't more than an hour or two before I had service. Everything here was good in my books

Speed/consistency - Generally, I'm pleased with the service. I opted for the 18Mb Cable Pro package ($39.95/mn), and my speeds were consistent with that. For the first few months it was fine, but starting mid/late summer, I began to see more inconsistency. I can remember one time when I was without internet for 4 days, and then again on a separate occasion for 2 days. It hasn't been down for a while, but during that time I was seriously thinking about signing up for a parallel DSL Service. Being without internet for almost a full business week isn't ideal when you're self employed and work from home. No internet = no work = no pay check.

Upgrades - This is a bit of a sore subject for me. In August 2013 I was surfing TekSavvy's website and I noticed that they now offered the 25Mb package in my area for the same price I was paying now. I submitted a request to have my speed bumped, but the reply I received was not ideal. They would be happy to upgrade my speeds, IF I purchased a new modem for $100 after tax/shipping. That was a bit of a kick in the pants, having JUST spent $100 on an apparently outdated modem in March. Why continue to sell a modem that is limited in speed? Just scrap it and make everyone buy the newer one. Sure it's more expensive (I think it was $20 more) but it sure beats having angry customers like me finding out that they can't upgrade without spending more money on another modem. I ended up declining their offer, sourcing one privately through Kijiji. I submitted a request again, which they completed extremely smoothly (read below for more info).

Tech Support - I have never had any issues with tech support (minus the modem thing above). What I've found though; is that the best way to get ahold of them is email or social media (usually Twitter). I've always got replies same day by doing this and I actually had one of my best experiences over email when it came time to switch modems. The lady I was dealing with ("Michelle") was quick to reply, and the changes occurred seamlessly and way ahead of schedule (things that were supposed to take 48 hours took 2 for example). I've never had to call them for anything. The use of Twitter & Facebook is great too...shows that they are moving forward with the times. No one wants to sit on the phone waiting anymore!

So to sum it up; TekSavvy is not perfect; but I don't expect any service providing company to be. My service for the most part has been consistent, and my dealings with tech support have been excellent and they got done what they said they would (which can't be said for other companies I've dealt with). So long as they remain to do this and provide stable/reliable speeds at lower prices than the competitors; I will remain a TekSavvy customer.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello SpdKilz,

Thank you for the review. I am happy you have been enjoying your TekSavvy service with minimal issue with installation and the service itself. We certainly do apologize for the modem issue, in regards to modems our vendor does have say in which modems they will and will not provision to their infrastructure. Our Cable vendor currently will only provision a Docsis 3.0 modem on most of our Cable speeds. This is why you were informed you would have to upgrade the modem to continue with the speed upgrade. This was not informed to you when purchasing our service initially as this new procedure was not informed to TekSavvy until it was being implemented by our vendor. We certainly do apologize for any inconvenience and it was not our intention to lead you in the wrong direction in regards to available modems for the service.

I do have to thank you again for the social media Kudos our team does work diligently to ensure all forums etc. for TekSavvy online are answered as quickly as possible. I am happy you have been able to find us here on DSlr as well.

Thanks again for this wonderful review. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to help.