TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by Jayar See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Great service within the GTA, unlimited usage option"
Bad "A large leap in cost for unlimited; (currently) cheaper and comparable alternatives"

Pre-Sales info wasn't very thorough, but since it is a new service, I understood that TSI just wanted to get it out there. The team did a great job filling us in at DSLR, but their main website is still left wanting.

Install Coordination was spot on, a tech wasn't sent to my house, rather, the transfer of service from Rogers to TSI was done remotely (as it should be). I suffered a maximum of 5 minutes downtown, which is great considering I was expecting to be out of internet for a day or two when I signed up!

Connection reliability is great, but I do suffer from a bit (1-2%) of packetloss. As I understand, Rogers is looking into it, but aside from that, stability is great.

Tech support now has longer wait times. Whereas I used to wait about 5 minutes max to have someone on the phone with me, I now wait at least 10 minutes. But the former was three years, and the latter is part of the growing pains of a company who I think is slowly coming in to their own. I'm sure in the coming months these wait times will be again reduced, luckily for us, the tech support staff are absolutely delightful to deal with in my experience.

Service is great. I was with TSI for three years on a 1.7/600 connection, and left it for Rogers hoping the hearsay of TSI providing cable internet would actually come. Nine months later, I'm back!

Value for money is a mixed bag, mainly because of the upfront cost. $45 to activate, $25 if you purchase a modem from them, which is $85 after shipping. That's $110 + the monthly service of your choosing the first month. With HST now in effect, it may be a hard pill to swallow, but you do save in the long run.

In short, I'm glad to be back with TSI, which is now the only safe haven for unlimited cable users in Toronto.

UPDATE 9/13/14: Service has been excellent. No complaints!

UPDATE 1/01/13: It's been almost a year, and for the greater part of it service has been excellent again. They've kept up with capacity over here, and currently have no criticisms on service. Keep it up, Teksavvy!

UPDATE 1/12/12: Service was good for a while, probably the longest it's been since cable launched. But then congestion hit, and upgrades that were ordered MONTHS, many months in advance than previous upgrades failed to be installed by Rogers. The (upgrades) were supposed to be installed on the 28th of November, and after that date passed, I believe it was moved to the 5th. After that date passed it was moved to sometime in January. It is now the middle or so of the month and we haven't heard from TSI, who I assume has not heard from Rogers about the upgrade.

UPDATE 4/22/2011: 2gig is now active, and all is well. If Rogers can get the 3rd gig installed and activated before McNicoll get oversubscribed, I'll gladly change my review scores.

UPDATE 4/18/2011: More of the same congestion, different reason for it.

UPDATE 1/1/2011: I spoke too soon. Again. There were signs of congestion at the beginning of December and up until now upgrades that were apparently ordered the month before have still not been done. Peak time rates are a joke now, and lo and behold this whole time McNicoll has only been on a 500mbit pipe which we've all been previously told to be a gig. If this is what's in store for Teksavvy cable, then I don't imagine myself ever changing this review.

It's a happy new year, but the service in McNicoll sucks.

UPDATE 11/27/2010: Everything has been great the past few months. Speed was bumped from 10/1 to 15/1 at no extra cost for extreme customers, and just recently, customers are now allowed to use the Motorola SB6120 D3 modem. More recently still, McNicoll now has powerboost activated! Whatever complaints I had earlier I no longer have now.

UPDATE 9/12/2010: So McNicoll got the 10gig link, seemed OK for a couple of days, then we were hit with congestion...AGAIN, and the packetloss we've come to know and hate. On the 10th of September, Rogers performed a 10gig cross-connect upgrade which should have fixed that... but it didn't. Packetloss is still there, and browsing is affected because of it. Forgot about trying to game online, too. I'm not updating this review until months after this mess is (if?) fixed, and as it stands right now, I wouldn't recommend Teksavvy cable to anyone. Not to be malicious, as I like them as much as the next person, but simply because it currently isn't worth the problems.

UPDATE 8/16/2010: The McNicoll POI is heavily congested during peak hours due to the volume of new subscribers connected within the area. Streaming any type of media, and online gaming becomes impossible because of packet loss, not to mention downstream plummeting to about the same rate as the upstream. Recently, it's gotten much worse due to Teksavvy STILL accepting orders on that POI. I can understand the logic, but with no given date for the 10gig link they are making the problem much worse and even worrisome as none of us know when things will return to normal. I tried calling in to get a date, but after about 10 minutes I was asked to leave a message. I'm very disappointed to say the least.

UPDATE 7/20/2010: Packet loss issue has been fixed.

member for 9.9 years, 1894 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Taunia

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear you are happy with the service.

We are currently working on bring our wait times down for technicial support and customer service.

Tsi TB

TSI ShawnS

re:09/13/2014 Update

Thank you for your most recent update!
Glad to hear that everything is running smoothly!

Have a great weekend!
Shawn S

Review by chrisA See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Low monthly price"
Bad "High startup cost"
Overall "Great value, friendly service"

Just had Teksavvy DSL 25/10 installed ($40/mo). I had several questions prior to the install, because this connection was going to be installed alongside a separate Bell DSL connection in the same house. Since the house has several lines coming in, I was assured this would not be a problem.

The technician visit was confirmed for 7 days after the order, and on one of my selected dates, which was a pleasant since I expected a delay due to the back-to-school rush. The technician arrived on schedule, and finished working quickly. The connection was active immediately after the technician left, and is working with great line stats, I'm getting the advertised speed.

I'm paying $5 extra per month for the dry loop connection. Some providers like Start have started to waive the dry loop fee, but they charge $10 more for the same plan, so Teksavvy still ended up $5 cheaper.

I would highly recommend Teksavvy to anyone looking for a more human ISP.

Comments:

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

Your Review

Thank you so much for your review. We are always glad when these things go according to plan.

Welcome to the TekSavvy Family!

John
Online Services Account Manager

Review by CyberCam See Profile

• Location: Whitby,ON
Good "Cable d/l speed is at full 28mb all the time & is AWESOME! Much better than the dual line MLPPP! Customer service is EXCELLENT!"
Bad "Cable u/l speed is less than the old dual line MLPPP. Hopefully this will improve soon."
Overall "There's a reason I've been a TSI customer for 5yrs... bottom line is, they're the BEST in the GTA!"

I've been a Teksavvy DSL customer for about 5 years. Started off with 6mb/800k single line for the first several years. I added another line a couple years ago to get some half decent speeds. Unfortunately, TSI didn't have cable in my area for some time, so the dual line MLPPP was the best I could get without turning to Rogers cable internet. Do I go with Rogers again...yeah right, not in this lifetime!

For the last little while I've been noticing my dual line MLPPP speed had dropped, so I troubleshoot'd my router a bit, not thoroughly because my workload was large and I didn't have the time, so I just lived with it. I did end up calling Teksavvy about the slow speeds in late November and they said they would look into it.

On December 1st I received a call from a TSI csr supervisor named "Chris", who advised me than Bell had disconnect one of my lines back in April and TSI didn't realise it and had they been charging me all this time. It turns out after calculating all of the charges up for the not service, TSI owed me almost $300.

Chris let me know that TSI cable was finally in my area and using my $300 credit, he could set me up on a 28mb/1mb profile with a modem and that I wouldn't have to pay for a couple of months as well! Obviously I agreed... Chris said he would handle everything and follow-up on the situation as it progressed. The good news is I would keep my DSL until everything was to my satisfaction, so there would be no downtime. Throughout the process (the 10 days) Chris called me couple times to relay my accounting/profile changes & conformation.

Well December 10th (d-day - technician installing my cable), I choose to have them come between 8am to 11am. To my surprise, my long time buddy that I've seen doing the Rogers connections in my area, called me at 8:15am and I was all hooked up by 8:25am.

Awesome! The new speed is fantastic 28/1 (20Mbps more than MLPPP), the speed is right on the money! I'm now going to be paying $20+ less per month on my internet, now that I've dropped the dual line MLPPP. Of course later that day I received a call from Chris again, calling to follow-up on the install. All I have to say is that I'm very impressed with his dedication to making sure I was happy. I thought that I was the only one that had customer service like that... which is a long lost trait, most companies these days have abandoned.

Again thanks TSI & Chris for everything, as long as you keep it up the great work, you'll always have a customer for life!

EDIT: Sept. 9 2014

Just updating my review as I have changed my tier to 150/10 (since April 2014). I'm please to say that my internet connection is still fantastic and stable, I've had only a couple of small outages, that lasted only 20 minutes.

I have also move almost half of my clients to Teksavvy and all are very happy with the service! Thanks again TS!

member for 6.6 years, 344 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

Hi There!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this, very happy to hear you are seeing full speeds and if you ever have any questions or concerns in terms of your account please feel free to reach out to us anytime

Have a great day!
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Review by ohzopants See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "I get the full speed I pay for and a nice big data cap"
Overall "Best value internet package available to me, by far"

I get exactly what I was sold, consistently. 15/1 for for 42.95$/month. There is no throttling at all on my line anymore.

There are occasional slow downs on some evenings, but it always remains usable.

I transferred over from Rogers and Rogers chose to disconnect me completely instead; it took about 10 days to get me reconnected by them.

I'm using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem (Webstar) that I already owned so I can't comment on the modems available from Teksavvy.

I have not needed tech support to date, so I can't comment there.

UPDATE - 2012/03/26: After about a year of service I can safely say that it still rocks. The monthly rate has gone up a bit (mostly due to the CRTC, now at 46.95$/month before tax), but my download speed's been upped twice so far: first 15Mbps to 24Mbps, and then again from 24Mbps to 28Mbps. Still haven't needed technical service of any kind, so still no comments there.

UPDATE - 2013/11/20: I recently purchased a new house and despite the annoyance of having to fully cancel my account and to formally open a new one (along with all the associated fees), the process went smoothly and I had fully functional internet on the day that it was promised.

Comments:

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hello ohzopants,

Thank you so much for the review! We're always happy to see customers are enjoying our services and we're thrilled to see that after years with us you haven't had any service issues!

If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here on our DSLReports Direct forum! We're always happy to be of assistance!

Best regards,
Jon

Review by dsoegiarto See Profile

Good "Fast speed"
Bad "Horrible Installation and follow-through thanks to Rogers"
Overall "If you're prepared with the long wait until you're online, they got the best pricing. Otherwise, stay away."

·TekSavvy DSL
Horrible setup and installation. Had to reschedule 4 times (1 was my mistake), 2 nobody showed up. Rogers mainly at fault but TSI can't even lift a finger. EMAIL is the best they can escalate. Still have no service until today (minus the 2 days after it got installed, but as of yesterday morning, it's gone again).

TSI got pooched by Rogers and there's nothing they can do. Horrible experience.

But kudos to the frontline team to do everything they can (no matter how little the result).

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your Review

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service here, especially after a delayed install. We will be staying on top of this ticket and pushing for a resolution as often as we can.

Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Entire team

Hi dsoegiarto,

Just wanted to let you know that the entire team is and has been on this. There is no valid excuse for this level of ineptitude and yet we have next to no recourse as you correctly point out. It really does require a change in law that the CRTC has been sitting on for close to a year now and recently punted further down the road. All of which perplexes me to no end.

You should be hearing from the team on further steps, please work with them if you have the stamina to continue. I have given them instructions to make it worth your while. Hopefully we can find a way forward together.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Entire team

said by TSI Marc:

Hi dsoegiarto,

Way past my stamina a while back but I'm also sure by the time the dust settles all will be well.

I just can't seem to wrap around my head, the idea that TSI is being treated this way and there's nothing that can be done.

I do acknowledge and appreciate your support, but I will keep a vigilant eye for the next few days before I can update my review of the experience with TSI cable.

Review by thebaz 568 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Looking for reliable, high quality service at a great price. Teksavvy has you covered"
Bad "Line was broken underground, some problems getting online"
Overall "A love absolutely everything about teksavvy."

·NetTalk
·Acanac
I had a really difficult time getting online read: »[Cable] Why cant cogeco provide a temporary line? Please help

but these two new technicians came that were very friendly got a temporary line going and I am finely up and running. All the technicians came on time. I am positive if you have a line that is not broken, you will get the service up the day it says you will.

The modem I received was great, on the correct firmware and everything. I was so happy when all those lights turned on.

Teksavvy is so good for gaming, I receive half the ping that I got on bell and acanac and around 30 less then I get on cogeco. The internet never went down yet, and also the second those modem lights turned on I got the 20/10 speed right away. The monthly priced is great.

I love the My account page on teksavvy, it is really useful, but quick question, how long will it take for the data to appear after I used it. Also I wish it showed the data I used during my unlimited data period (2am to 8am) so I know that everything is going well.

I highly recommend teksavvy to everyone, it is great. I am happier then ever.

Thanks teksavvy for providing a reasonably priced high speed internet service.

+1 to Teksavvy

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

2 edits

Response.

Hi There!

To answer your question- it populates the next day and logs end at midnight.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this. We always love feedback, your words are really appreciated. We want to make sure you are always a happy customer so if you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Have a great rest of your weekend,
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Review by Raz8988 See Profile

• Location: Chatham,ON
Good "Fantastic customer service. Great tech support. Never had down time!"
Bad "Reliance on vendors"
Overall "Perfect value, friendly and knowledgable staff. Amazing community involvement. "

It's been awhile since we actually ordered the service, so I can't speak to the original install - however, we just recently moved and everything went almost perfectly. The only snag was a minor glitch in dates where my internet was turned off a day early but hey, if we can't survive one day without internet there's a bit of a problem.

My speeds only suffer when my router is being *special* (the word I'd like to use for it cannot be uttered in polite company). Otherwise, I have perfect speeds, and have yet to have a single non-router related minute of downtime (with the 1 day move glitch aside).

I find their customer service and tech support agents are always friendly, and for the most part knowledgeable about their jobs. We are technically on a 300GB capped package HOWEVER we use Zap The Cap and we have unlimited for the small sacrifice of a 4 hour speed downgrade. Did I mention this service is free? How many companies do you know that give their customers free stuff that's actually useful?!

What i love is how transparent they are. the CEO and directors have a very well established presence on this site and others and to me, that means a lot. Most CEO's are to busy to care about their customers, to actually care enough to take time out of their own days to actually sit down and talk. The fact that their CEO does says a lot about how much this company and his customers mean to him. It's awesome.

The only really bad thing I can say is the fact that they have to rely on vendors. This isn't entirely fair either since its not as if TekSavvy really has a choice in the matter (yey monopolies!) but it is what it is. We went with TekSavvy knowing that they were a third party and that meant probably having to deal with some delays and other issues. Still, all this aside, I'd recommend them a thousand times over. We just got my parents to switch to Teksavvy Cable and TekTalk after almost 15 years with Bell.

Keep it up TekSavvy - and keep fighting the good fight!

member for 1 year, 21 visits, last login: 119 days ago

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the awesome review!

Thanks for you positive comments. It's always great to hear how customer have enjoyed our services. We'll certainly pass on the good word internally.

Regards,
Martin

Review by bonatzfoggia See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Reliabilty, price, large caps, no contract, helpful support, ability to give finger to Rogers and Bell"
Bad "Not as consistent (speed wise) but still great. $2 price increase in the first month"
Overall "If you are sick and tired of Rogers or just want more value for your money, its a no brainer,switch to Teksavvy"

3 years ago, I was with Rogers using their 15/1/25 GB plan for about $45
2 years ago, I called and negotiated and got 25/2/80 GB for the $65 after taxes.
1 month ago, i decided to come to Teksavvy and Jesus, have i been proud that me and my family have done it.

So deeper into the story, im 16 and three years ago, when we were with that disgusting Rogers plan, I urged my parents to switch to Teksavvy. After months of finding information and showing it to them, they denied me. The reason i urged them to switch? Me, my older brother, and younger sister were CONSTANTLY getting yelled at every time the Rogers bill came in and we went over our measly 25 GB cap. I and my brother, but especially me, became fed up with always getting yelled at so i went on the hunt to look for reliable ISP's in my Toronto area. I was 13. But anyways, I digress. After months of my (light) b*tching and moaning to my parents, and me saying "well how is it my fault we have such crappy internet?", my mom decided to do the second best thing: Call Rogers and negotiate. With luck, she got quite a deal and we saved money on all our services with them plus better internet at a more expensive price. We were happy. For a while. Finally, the time came to switch.

In September-December of 2013, we started noticing our upload usage was sky rocketing (some days we would have 10 GB in upload usage) We called Rogers and all they could say was, "well someone must be torrenting". One of them even said "Netflix is the reason". Two issues with that:

1. Nobody in my house, except me and my brother, have a clue what torrenting is.
2. Netflix is a streaming site, therefore, it is downloading, not uploading.

So our bill came in for September, we had to pay $70 in extra charges. I called in and negotiated with Rogers and they were kind enough to give us to not charge us. We lucked out

Bill for November came in. $110 in extra charges due to this upload issue.

December came and we were fed up. We saw high usage already for the month, and we were ready to call it off with Rogers.

With me, my dad, my brother in the room with my mom read to begin our journey with Teksavvy, she called on December 10th. It went surprisingly smooth. They told us our service would start in 1 month from the date, and that we have to cancel with our current ISP before that date (Jan 10th). They made the confirmations and told us that they would be sending us a modem and leaving at a post office. All we had to do extra was buy a router and we were set for Jan 10. Everything was set.

January 10th came buy and we were anxiously waiting for our "modem's lights to all turn off (except the power of course)". They didnt, it stayed on the entire day. In our heads, everyone is my house was saying "Rogers, you b@sterds". We figured they were trying to squeeze out all they can from our cap so hopefully we go over and have to pay them. We called, and Rogers said to wait. By noon on January 11th, it was turned off. My dad went to the nearest Rogers store, angrily, and returned our modem. While he was at the Rogers store, I set up our teksavvy modem and d-link router.

By the next day, we were officially done with Rogers and began our tenure with Teksavvy Cable internet. So that's the back story.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Now for the actual review. We got the 25/2/300 GB plan and it has been amazing so far. Nobody had to come to the house to install, and the actual installation was as easy as kicking a ball. Download speed is usually around 22 mbps and upload is about 1.5 upload. It has truly been awesome. We haven't had to call tech support yet which is obviously a good sign. No downtime whats so ever. And the value is great. fast internet with almost unreachable caps for a great price. Only real problem is the price increase in the first month. Would kind of be redundant if the price keeps on increasing to that of Rogers and bell. But for now, im happy, my family is happy, and we would recommend Teksavvy Cable internet to anyone. Given that they have good internet in your area. Anyways, thank you Teksavvy and everyone for reading this

Update: ---July 27 2014---

Internet has been pretty good. Had to get a hold of tech support once but ended the ticket once I saw all the crap I had to do. TeKSavvy really should be able to grab a lot of that info from rogers. I got a LONG list of stuff I didn't want to do but I guess TeKSavvy needs that stuff. But my issue resolved itself on that one occasion

Also seeing some horror stories of service with TeKSavvy at the 6 month mark. Praying nothing goes seriously wrong with my modem because getting everything working would be a bitch.

My only real complaint is that you guys at TeKSavvy find some way to access my modem through rogers or bell or whoever. That list is extremely...off-putting? O think that's sort of a good word for this example. Anyways, I'm just hoping my service keeps up like this forever. I can't go back to Roger and their shitty caps with huge price tags.

Update ---July 28 2014---

Quick update: US signal on my modem was flashing so I figured something was wromg. Called tech support, and we fixed the problem. Apps and programs download quicker (than whwen i first got the service) after fixing the the problem, which included factory resetting the modem.

BTW TeKSavvy, you guys plan on getting 2 in 1 modems? That would be amazing. Anyways, glad my issue is fixed. Thank you to this eastern European man that helped me.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Thanks for the review.

Hi bonatzfoggia,

Thanks for taking the time to place your review. Quite the story you have there. We are glad that things went well, other then the slight delay on the activation date. That said, it did came on & all worked out for the best. Welcome to the family & enjoy your service.

If you ever need anything else, by all means, do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.
You can even reach out to us via the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Update

Hi there,

Glad to see the issue resolved itself correctly. Unfortunately, we do not currently have access to much information from the incumbent however we are fighting for this sort of thing at the CRTC level. Gaining access to this type of information would allow us to be much more efficient at submitting tickets to them.

Fingers crossed that we get this type of help soon. As for your service, if you need us, you know where you can reach us

Cheers,

Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Review by XR999 See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Excellent Caps, No Throttling or DNS Tampering, Full Advertised Speed"
Bad "Some small rough edges on activation"
Overall "If you're a Rogers customer reading this, what are you waiting for, switch already."

·Bell Sympatico
I was getting tired of Rogers consistently low caps for high prices so I decided to switch to TekSavvy Express Cable and re-use my purchased Rogers modem (as it was less than a year old). Well the order process went off smoothly, minus a call in as TekSavvy wanted to make sure I understood the possible downtime that comes with re-using a modem.

Anyway, my 30 days with Rogers came and went and my activation with TekSavvy went as smoothly as it could go when you're re-using a modem. Two business days (4 days in total thanks to the weekend) after my Rogers disconnection, my TekSavvy connection was live. Since then the connection has been rock solid (although that's in part due to my excellent signal levels), gets the advertised speed along with the same speedboost levels I was seeing before on Rogers, costs less per month, has better tech support and is pure (no DNS redirection/hijacking or throttling BS).

So would I recommend TekSavvy Cable, yes, yes and yes, if you're at all sick of overages, throttling or any other Rogers BS, then do yourself a favor and get TekSavvy Cable.

UPDATE: Septemeber 21st, 2011

Nothing to report but a rock solid connection and a nice 2Mbps boost in speed despite only having a DOCSIS 2 modem and that speed is delivered constantly, I never see slowdowns. In other words I couldn't be happier with TekSavvy Cable.

UPDATE: April 10th, 2012

Still getting consistent service without dropouts or slowdowns off the Richmond Road POI here in Ottawa and this is with DOCSIS 2 service, though I do plan to upgrade to DOCSIS 3 services within the next 6 months. So despite repeating myself, I simply couldn't be happier with my TekSavvy Cable service.

UPDATE: August 13th, 2013

Well I'm over a year late (as I was holding off for the ATPIA migration of my POI) but I'm finally in the process of upgrading my 18/.512 service to the new 25/2 tier. So far I've placed a call to TekSavvy and they are shipping out a new DOCSIS 3 modem. Plus the call was easy since I got through immediately and spent less than 15 minutes on the phone in total. The rest of the process won't be completed though until I receive the new modem so a further update will follow. But so far, I'm quite happy and can't wait for the new speed to finally arrive.

UPDATE: September 23rd, 2013

Wasn't planing on having an update so late but unfortunately due to Rogers delays I'm still not on 25/2 service yet. As of today (Sept. 23) my new DOCSIS 3 modem was finally activated by Rogers so I've filed for the speed change request but it will probably be at least another 1-2 weeks before that change goes into effect. Still, I am excited that I finally in the home stretch in terms of a speed increase.

UPDATE: August 2nd, 2014

Been enjoying my 25/2 service after the Rogers shenanigans without any complaints to report. My speeds are consistent, my bills from TekSavvy always bring no surprises and I haven't noticed any outages. As a customer, I simply could not ask for better service, short of a speed increase for less than I pay now, but Rogers and Bell simply make that impossible.

member for 4.5 years, 279 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Support2
TSI Support
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

Thanks for updating your review.

We appreciate you taking the time to update your review. I'm glad to see that you're still happy with our service, speed and better bandwidth prices. It's great to hear that your impression of our services over the long-term is just as good as when you originally posted the review.
TSI Support - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI ShawnS

RE: Update

said by XR999:

Well I'm over a year late (as I was holding off for the ATPIA migration of my POI) but I'm finally in the process of upgrading my 18/.512 service to the new 45/4 tier. So far I've placed a call to TekSavvy and they are shipping out a new DOCSIS 3 modem. Plus the call was easy since I got through immediately and spent less than 15 minutes on the phone in total. The rest of the process won't be completed though until I receive the new modem so a further update will follow. But so far, I'm quite happy and can't wait for the new speed to finally arrive.

Hello XR999,

Thank you for your update!
We are very excited that you will be receiving the new aggregated speeds! Yes, the process takes a little time. As soon as the new modem is provisioned, we will be able to submit the change of speed request for you.

Send us a message in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum if you have any questions!

TSI Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by user123 See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Great internet for value"
Bad "Bad customer service experienced twice"
Overall "Update: bad customer service addressed rapidly by online team - issue resolved"

UPDATE: I am happy to report that this issue has been resolved. The online team was very diligent and on top of resolving this issue for me. I felt valued as a customer and hope that the agents that I dealt with before were exceptions rather than the norm. Together we were able to work together to reach a solution. I will be staying with Teksavvy and hope to have a good relationship from here on.

I currently have the cable 6 package for $25/month. The order and install process was TERRIBLE. I am fed up with the terrible customer service that I have received from TekSavvy. I am planning on switching to start.ca which none of the agents seem to care about. I have been with TekSavvy for a year now. Quick comparison: start.ca ($35 10 mbps down 2 mbps up 100 gb usage) versus. Teksavvy ($35 10 mbps down 2 mbps up 75 gb usage) no cost to switch.

Last year, I took the day off to have my internet service installed. I waited all day and no one showed up or had the courtesy to call and let me know they were running behind. My internet was delayed and I was forced to increase the data on my phone plan (I pay $20 for the new data add on versus $5 from before). I had to take off another day for the new installation day (that didn't happen until days later). I lost two days worth of wages and pay much more now for data that I don't use and cannot downgrade because my $5 plan is no longer available. I received ~$15 in compensation for this.

A year later and this experience faded from my memory and I was quite happy with my TekSavvy internet. Great price and overall great service. I'm moving to a new apartment in September. This was the beginning of another bad experience. First I emailed to inquire about moving services. I was told to call. I asked for information about moving but unfortunately called too early to start the process. When I called back within the 30 days of my move date, I was told I needed a new modem. This was extremely frustrating because the new agent did not tell me this when I asked the question 'could you please walk me through the process of moving my services to another address.' This was upsetting because I had just purchased a modem last year that is now obsolete and now had to buy another. I was extremely angry and considered switching companies because of the poor customer service demonstrated again.

I thought about it and reflected on how much I liked Teksavvy and decided I was overreacting. I finally purchased the new modem and was ready to set a date. I noticed that my $25 plan was no longer listed and so I inquired about the new plans ($35/mo) and if I would be forced to upgrade. The agent told me there was a way to bypass this by upgrading my modem now and then moving my services to another address thus preserving my $25 plan. I purchased the new modem, upgraded it over the phone and waited for the changes to take effect. Today I called to set my new installation date. I was told that I would have to upgrade to the $35 plan. I was extremely upset and basically was told that nothing could be done and the logistics were explained to me at length. Fundamentally, I understand that the Teksavvy works with Cogeco and this must change their plans accordingly.

However, this has been a month of miscommunication preceded by the same experience last year. I understand the logistics but think that it is unfair that I made my decision to stay with Teksavvy based on the miscommunication of an employee. I went through this frustrating process which has been a waste of time and energy. I feel that I should be compensated since I will be paying $100+ extra a year now for extra internet that I don't need. I was offered 2 weeks compensation and told that they were going the extra mile to listen to the call and coach the employee. I have worked in customer service for a long time. I think it should be standard in cases of miscommunication that these calls should be reviewed and it shouldn't be considered a bonus to me. For a company the prides itself from its service I feel like there is nothing being done for me and $13 is a slap in the face. I told the supervisor that I wished for the 'higher ups' to know about this incident so something could be changed. I have heard many similar stories of poor customer service. I was told that essentially nothing more would be done for me. I understand that I cannot keep my Cable 6 but I find it laughable that TekSavvy does not care about losing me as a customer. I was told I can either upgrade or cancel. I have told many friends about TekSavvy who are now currently customers because of me. If TekSavvy truly prides itself on customer service they should make more of an effort to not lose customers. It is a bonus that start.ca is essentially the same as Teksavvy (even better). I would have paid more to be treated with the service I deserve. Good riddance.

Comments:

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18

Hi there,

This is not the kind of experience we want you to have, at all. I do truly apologize for anything not being explained properly or for any miscommunications that occurred regarding your plan (whether you could keep it or not) and the need for a new modem as these added costs would definitely be a shock. While we are bound to our vendors on many requirements, we still want to do everything we can within the system for you.

While they were still in their infancy last year (and it doesn't excuse the issues you ran into then), we now have a team dedicated to making sure you are alerted to any changes that happen to any installation appointments and I truly believe that you would not have a repeat of last year, in the event that there was a delay.

I do assure you we definitely care and would love to keep you as a customer, and make sure you feel that you get the proper customer service treatment. We would like to look into this further on our end to make sure we cover all potential options as well as review all the information you've been provided as seem to have received some conflicting information. Could you please shoot us a message over in »TekSavvy Direct and we'll be glad to look into this with you. Thanks for your time,

TSI Kris

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Re: Review

I'd love to get to the bottom of this as well.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Post

Hi there,

It seems we have found your ticket in another system. We will be investigating as to what happened.

Thanks,

Andre

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your update

Hello there!

Thank you for the update here and for sharing more of your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that everything was worked out to your satisfaction and wanted to thank you for giving us the chance to turn this around.

Here's hoping it's smooth sailing from here. Should you ever have any questions or concerns though, you know where to find us!

Take care!
Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.