TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by herglod See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Cheaper than the big 2 (Rogers & Bell)"
Bad "They use the big 2 (Rogers & Bell) network, so we are at their mercy "
Overall "Takes too long for tech support (can be one week without internet). They ask too many details when the problem is obvious."

·Rogers Hi-Speed
In my street Rogers cabling is very bad. Cables are supposed to be underground, but they are all old and not reliable. A lot of people have temporary cables hanging in the street (like me). We pay for a service but nothing get repaired properly. This is not the fault of teksavvy, this is Rogers (and Bell too) being ass holes and sitting on their money and not repairing their infrastructure properly. Internet reliability is worst than 15 years ago. We feel like the third world!

Mississauga, ON

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Herglod,

Thank you for the review. I have reviewed your direct thread we are assisting you with and this review and the issues are very different. You have not mentioned line issues outside the home in your direct thread so we would not be aware of your dissatisfaction mentioned in this review. If there are lines outside that need to be repaired please send us some photos of them in your direct post so we can look into having them repaired for you.

Thank you again for the review, we look forward to assisting you with this issue.

Review by Pastuch See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Customer service"
Bad "Rogers controls pretty much everything"
Overall "Genuinely impressed with the customer service"

Update 2: Service was activated this morning. The Thompson DCM476 is here. Everything is working. Thanks.

UPDATE:

I'm still not thrilled that I'll be paying $14 more a month than I had originally signed up for but Teksavvy has done everything in their power to mitigate the cost to me. They've promised to credit my install fee and provide a cable modem for free. They did this after informing me that my modem isn't compatible with their network even though their website says it is. I recognise that's a significant capital investment in bringing me on as a customer. I was really impressed with all of the sales/customer service people that have followed up with me over the last few days. The main reason I signed up was I was impressed with Teksavvys presence on this site.

The biggest problem for Teksavvy will always be Rogers, they do everything in their power to screw up every cable install. It took Rogers 8 days to process my disconnection from their service (Acanac) and now I've had no internet service for 2 days with no install date yet. Teksavvy is sending me a rocket stick to borrow but I won't get that until Wednesday June 25th. Hopefully my internet is working by then.

Suggestion for teksavvy: My modem was listed on your website as compatible. Please update your website to reflect changes in plan pricing (ahead of time) and modem Compatibility.

Original Review:

After years of poor service with Acanac/3web/Distributel I threw in the towel and canceled my cable service with them.

On June 12th I called Teksavvy and spoke with a nice sales agent that told me if I ordered today I could take advantage of their existing prices. She advised that Teksavvy would be increasing their rate plans on June 15th. I thanked her for her advice and placed my order online. I ordered Teksavvy Cable Internet 25 MB Pro on June 12th. The bill they sent me is for $120.85 after taxes, that includes an install charge. They could not activate my cable internet service immediately because Rogers takes 4 to 8 days to process disconnection requests from third party providers (Acanac in this case). I'm waiting for Rogers to process the disconnection but I got an email from Teksavvy sales on June 17th, telling me that the package I signed up for is no longer available! They want to charge me the rates that came into effect on June 15th.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Specified plan no longer available

Hello,

Terribly sorry to hear of your experience.

Would it be at all possible for you to either reach out to me by PM TSI Martin See Profile or via our »TekSavvy Direct forum. We would like to see if we can find a solution about this.

Thanks & Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Thanks for taking my call earlier today. As explained, we'll do our best to get your service up & running ASAP. Feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any questions or issues regarding your order.

Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

Roldy

@192.171.50.x

10yr teksavvy-er w/similar problem this week, kinda glad 2c Im not alone!

Im actually a long time teksavvy dsl subscriber and after about a deacade my new cable order was denied too! But let me begin with this:

Ive had a great time with them, usually a very honest/knowledgeable ppl on the front line...dont judge them too harshly (as long as you and I get solutions to pur issues in the long run)

Fact is I get why misinformation was rampant, its not like they discontinue plans often! (playing devils advocate, teksavvy itself should know how from past experience how rogers handles hard cutoff dates, and give themselves a 5 day buffer to avoid these kind of issues)

But I didnt mean to hyjack your thread Pastuch , but I did want to make you aware that your not the only 1, and not to give up on teksavvy so easily. I think it helps both of us to know about each other. It tells me they didnt plan this very wel...which is frankly surprising!

I also didnt think it appropriate to make a new thread while I am still negotiating. Im fairly confident that in the long run theyll do the right thing, and make us both happy

So I put my story below for those who want more than the broad strokes
================================================================================== ================================================================================

I was switching from dsl to cable. I had also been warned as much as 2 weeks earlier that the plans were changing. I expected i would switch anyway, as I was switching my landline to voip with teksavvy too, and as my dsl modem is on the fritz, and dry loop fees, etc. the now obsolete 25mbit cable plan became my best option.

Researching to come to that conclusion, comparing rates, saving vm's before porting my phone took a while; long enough to get me a day or 2 prior to the deadline. But every rep I asked along the process, including the 1 that took my order was under the impression that as long as the order is IN before the 15th, its reserved, Im in.

They sent my billing instruction the afternoon of the 15th, paid on the 17th, got my modem friday, and was told it was declined when I called in to confirm my service call date! :/

First, I was told it was cause it got thru the system and to rogers too late, then because I PAID after the 15th, and to paraphrase, I was pretty much told sorry we can no longer offer the plan you ordered, and I would have to just order an inferior/&/or more expensive plan off the (new) shelf. This was my biggest surprise! The phrase 'same or equal value' came to mind. It was their fault after all so this only seemed natural to me... but i had to really push to get them to even entertain the idea of a compromise.

but i do want to stress: if theres ANY company deserves my patience, even if I have to kind of push them to do the right thing, its Teksavvy

At this point I am waiting to hear back today. Ive made several suggestions that satisfy me and make things right. Not the least of which is push rogers to honour the order like I was pushing them to do. Or give me @ least the speed I paid for, at no more than the price I signed up for.

Wish me luck, and good luck to you (and any other ppl with similar issues!!) plz update this thread when yours gets resolved
Pastuch

join:2004-02-29
Kanata, ON

Re: 10yr teksavvy-er w/similar problem this week, kinda glad 2c Im not alone!

"Pushing rogers to honour the order" isn't something Teksavvy is capable of doing. Hopefully they compensate you in some other way.

Roldy

@199.119.233.x

Re: 10yr teksavvy-er w/similar problem this week, kinda glad 2c Im not alone!

I know, @ this point it feels like a valid thing to say.

Im just pointing out that they can justifiably blame rogers, but I have no point of contact with rogers (other than teksavvy themselves). The onus is on teksavvy to insulate themselves (and thus their customers) from rogers...especially since they dont even communicate well.

But to be told 'its rogers fault' without any recourse isnt appropriate either; I have no business with rogers. theyre just being honest, but it left us nowhere. Im just surprised they didnt expect hyjinx outa rogers.

But I told you that youll be happy in the long run! Am I reading your post right?? free modem (+120$) & free install (+$50)?!? WOWWEEE!! Well done Pastuch!

They hadnt proposed anything to me at first, so I suggested getting the 30mBit/150 cap (usually $45/m) for the $42 I was expecting for 25mBit/300gb cap (literally 3 bux off. I get slightly higher speed, but half the gb/month...fine compromise in my mind).

over several conversations it goes from: "im sorry but we do not offer discounts like this" - to: 3$ off for 2months - then: 6months. Now $30 over 6mo if i go back to dsl (25mBit tho...my suggestion to find more wiggle room). But still reverts to full price, and nowhere near the appeasement you got! **applause**

I dont think im asking for allot...again "same or equal value" is my focus. but if they refunded my modem/activation, Id agree too. thats effectively 3-5months free or 56+months of my 3bux off!

anyway, wish me luck, i think I just have to remind the right rep about the companies roots
enjoy teksavvy! trust me, this is an extraordinary problem. these things dont happen, we just got unlucky

Review by Maxx2006 See Profile

• Location: Cambridge,ON
Good "Works great, professional staff to talk to."
Overall "Extremely pleased! Great service!"

·TekSavvy TekTalk
Ordered this service beginning of Feb 2013 activated start of March. I disconnected my Rogers modem at 8 am plugged in new modem was up and running in minutes. Originally ordered 18 / 1 package with a DCM 476 modem supplied by Teksavvy.

Switched to new 35 / 3 package in June when APTIA was completed in Cambridge. Took approximately 2 weeks to get new package.

Changed packages prior to tiers changing on June 7, 2014, speed changed happened on June 11.
Tested speed it is exactly as stated 45 / 4 works great.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Maxx2006,

Thank you for the review. I’m happy to hear you have been using the service for a few months now without issue. This is wonderful to see. I apologize for the delay in changing your speeds. Generally this is completed within 48 hours however it looks like you made the change when we were having vendor delays. I apologize for that delay.

Thank you again for this wonderful review and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

re:review

Hello Maxx2006,

Thank you for the update!

Glad to hear that you have the 45/4 package!

Please note that the 45/4 package is no longer available now. You are now on a grandfathered package. Enjoy your service!

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Kev See Profile

• Location: Brossard,QC
Good "Great services & outage response times in professional manner."
Bad "Rare case of DNS downtime."
Overall "Best ISP you can find in Canada. Most important is to keep the customers informed via community forums or websites."

-[June 2014]-
It has been almost a year from my last tiny update.

TekSavvy services have been improved in relation with customers and, the services and connections remain reliable and solid (depends on the CO station). To be the best ISP available, TekSavvy has to keep the customer in touch via forums, phone or any communication medium as possible as it can by not letting the customers in the oblivion of issues.

Pricing, I would not talk about it due it can be very complicated with the competition in the market + CRTC regulations. TekSavvy will have to try their best to keep their services affordable and use alternative methods to keep the services healthy. We are in 2014, many services are still limited in term of communications. Everything is expensive today.

TekSavvy's website had a huge upgrade over the year, I know they now have their own support forums and this DSLReports forum. Everything is splitted and this could be an issue for some of us we only look at one forum.

-[July 2013]-
Despite the last few outages, connection has been good and fast as always.

Switched from TekSavvy DSL to Cable because we are no longer using Bell phone services. VOIP solution now.
Previous review: »Review of TekSavvy DSL by Kev

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello,

Thank you very much for the great review! We do appreciate it. I'm happy to read your enjoying the services and are still enjoying the speeds your receiving. Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy Journey!

Thanks again

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

Re: June 2014 Update

Hello DJRiful!!

Thank you for the update!

It's awesome to see that you are still enjoying your service! Things are constantly changing and we are constantly working to improve our service and support.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please feel free to post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum. We'll assist you from there.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by BellisHell See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "Excellent CS, Installations on time, Pleasant company to be part of, and performance was all great in the beginning."
Bad "Only one thing, "
Overall "You can't go wrong with Teksavvy only if your line stats are top notch."

·TekSavvy TekTalk
I was a hesitant switcher due to the massive amounts of reviews saying "I can not recommend Teksavvy to anyone anymore". But I bit the bullet and called up Teksavvy to order their home phone service along with cable internet. The ordering process was quick, easy and every bit of info I needed was given. The installer came on time and installed everything to my liking, with a bit of that rogers walled garden but that was a non-issue. There was also that disconnection issue that happened in the Brampton area but I wasn't to affected by it though I did become a STAC 02.16 firmware tester to see if the issues were resolved (and believed or not, it worked!). Teksavvy is the only company that wanted to work with me to solve an issue like that disconnection issue. I have been with Bell, Rogers, 3Web, Acanac, and many others, they just can't compare to what Teksavvy can offer to us. I don't write reviews often for different companies, as writing a bad review of those folks are a waste of my time and bandwidth. Teksavvy's the only company that had made me feel that it is worth anything to write a positive review about them. Thanks Teksavvy, I'm a very happy camper.

Update*

My connection is still running strong! No disconnects and excellent speeds during peak hours here in the Brampton region. Now, I can truly say that this connection of mine is definitely reliable, enough that I can trust IP Telephony.

I have switched to TekTalk for home phone as of now. Nothing wrong with the service at all, just that there's tons of static on Bell's behalf. As a recent switcher, I decided to do away of anything Bell related and move to the more modern IP telephony way of home phone.

Update as of AUG 29, 2013*

Being hit with the infamous "blinking uplink light", my connection has suffered in tiny disconnects and frustration. I want to believe that TekSavvy isn't at fault because I know it is for the most part Rogers, but it is really hard not to do so. Reason being is that CS just out right seems off, not how it was in the past where it was straight forward. I have a feeling they are also blaming my own equipment, which I know 110% is working fine. I have contemplated on switching to Start Communications, but what is the point if the issues are still there? Seriously, I'd rather have Rogers loosen the death grip on IISP's than to deal with IISP's on incumbent network issues to no avail.

Update as of Sept. 17, 2013*

Had my disconnection issues looked at by a Link-On technician, and the connection now seems to be working fine. I have filed a speed profile change and I am currently waiting for that to be processed. I will update my review on that as the days go by.

Update As of Apr. 18, 2014*

After using my connection since the last time I updated this review, nothing has changed. No disconnects, hiccups...NADA. This is what you would call a completely stable and reliable connection. But after some severe debate with my family and myself, I have decided to switch to another IISP by May 3rd. No, this is not the fault of TekSavvy. I am leaving at my own discretion. Perhaps in search for experience of a wider ecosystem of ISP. I will say this... I WILL return to TekSavvy when that experience ride of mine is nothing but sourness, crap and a waste of my time as TekSavvy will seem like the only haven in the entire ecosystem. Even when I leave, I will still recommend TekSavvy to everyone switching to an IISP for the first time or from notoriously bad IISPs. Don't take my word for it, switch and experience what you have missed out with your big telco or cable company.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Bellishell,

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to see you have been enjoying the service thoroughly and you did not have any issues with installing the services. This is great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

In regards to your current service you shouldn’t be receiving disconnects. I would be more than happy to look into your account and assist with investigating what is happening with your connection to find a solution for you. Please feel free to message us directly in the Direct forum. We are happy to help.

Thank you again for this review!!

KrissyB79

@199.71.244.x

Problems with connectivity since technician set up

Technician set up my teksavvy Sept 5 - since that time I have not once had the internet up and working. I've sat on hold 4 different nights for 1 hour, and have logged a tech support ticket. Have not been contacted or successfull got through once. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt as I am not very technical and its probably something fixable - but I cant get throught to anyone!

canada

Re: Problems with connectivity since technician set up

Hi KrissyB79,

I am very sorry to read about your experience so far. I would like my team to look into your situation and try their best to assist you in resolving this issue. Could you post with your account information in the direct forum »TekSavvy Direct if you haven't done so already?

TSI Jonathan
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

canada

Update

Thanks for the quick update BellisHell, please keep us posted and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Chatham, ON

Updated Review

Hello BellisHell,

Thank you for the updated review. We are sorry to see you leave however we certainly do understand. It is excellent that you will continue to be an advocate for TekSavvy even though you are going to another provider.

Thank you very much for the review and if you have any further questions or concerns TekSavvy can be reached directly in the Direct forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Ashleigh

Review by TypeS See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "Better usage, reasonable pricing, execellent team of staff on the phones and forums."
Bad "Rogers still controls the underlying infrastructure used to deliver the service, service tickets go to them."
Overall "You won't feel "

I have been a Teksavvy customer since February 2010, after Rogers raised the cap on over-usage charges from $25 to $50. At the time I was paying $99 (with the $25 cap on charges) for 12/1. Back then I could only get Teksavvy's 5/800 DSL package in London, Ontario. I valued being able to use my connection more than having higher speeds. What's the point in speed if you can't use it after reaching a limit (90GB at the time on Rogers Extreme).

Order & Installation (June 2012)
---------------------------------
I moved into a new home at the end of June 2012 and faced the $65 (per service) to move my DSL and phone service with Teksavvy. Since I was going pay at least $65 either way, I thought I may as well cancel the expensive POTS line (I had a Vonage line used for long distance already). Went to a local computer store in London, picked up a Motorola SB6121 and made the call to TekSavvy. Canceled DSL and POTs, ordered the 28/1 cable package on the 300GB limit. I was given 3 potential dates for installation at my new home (Friday/Saturday/Monday). The Rogers cable guy showed up the Monday (a week after I ordered the service) and got me up running after a few hiccups (he had to change a few things at the junction box, at my power panel in the basement and disabled the outlet in my living room). Once I got on the internet, he left and I was up and running and it has been reliable and solid 99.999% of the time I have had it. This tech actually stayed to see connected, hit the internet and conduct a full speed test.

Service Quality
-----------------

In general, I saw speeds of 28Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload almost all the time (generally 27ish and 0.9). The only times it got slow were due to a routing issue that affect many others (even other ISPs) or local cable network capacity issue to TekSavvy's network . That has since been made better by the by an aggregated connection system. Never experienced latency that weren't caused by my own network. My own router would sometimes require a DHCP release/renew to restore full speeds but this was no fault of TekSavvy's or Rogers'.

I upgraded to 45Mbps download and 4Mbps upload in July 2013 when London got upgrade to the aggregated model of connection between TekSavvy and Rogers and again, full speeds almost all the time.

The only service quality issue was that 4 times I suffered what is called a DHCP outage caused by local node splits done by Rogers to increase local capacity. Although no fault of TekSavvy's, on average I was down 72 hours before getting connectivity. I have a 6GB LTE Rogers plan that I rely on as backup, so it wasn't as disruptive for me as it would be for others.

The Good:
------------

Not ever having to worry about my usage metering with either high usage packages or unlimited.

Very friendly and supportive support staff on the phones and here on the DSLReports forums (TekSavvy Direct Support Forum). Kudos to some of the DSLr team such as Martin, Andre, Elizabeth, Johnathan and Keith, you've all been great on tickets.

The service simply just works and works as it should.

The bad:
----------

Although not TekSavvy's fault, their reliance on existing infrastructure with incumbent network providers (Rogers, Bell, Telus, Cogeco, etc.) means certain service tickets will need to to those providers. This often increases the ETA on resolution to days (not in all cases).

Some of the ticket requirements for forms from Rogers are seriously onerous and I can see to some who are not tech-savvy (pun totally intended ;]), it can be a nightmare collecting all the information needed.

Since 2010, I've noticed the quality and knowledge of the technical support departed is very mixed. And I can understand that as a company now with 200+ employees, hiring new people with the same skill set and experience in a small place like Chatham can be challenging. For any very technology inclined like myself, the TekSavvy Direct Support forums here on DSLReports has a phenomenal team. And you can even reach the CEO as well.

Modems. Although they don't force you rent a modem, I can't say I agree with not offering it as an option; especially when they've recently been getting sign up in great numbers from the non-technical population. Modem requirements change often and there is no guarantee when a modem will remain current or outdated (technology often becomes out date after just 1 year). You could buy a modem for near $100 and 6 months later it won't be compatible with newer speeds. I think for targeting people looking to save money, spending $100/year on a modem will negate savings. Offering modem rentals could resolve some potentially hairy situations when new speeds come out and modem requirements change. (key word is offer, not forced ;]),

Summary:
----------

Overall my experience with TekSavvy has been the best I've ever had with any ISP.

At time of this writing I am no longer a TekSavvy internet customer (I do have a business hosting service with them) due to some very circumstantial reasons, but I still love TekSavvy as a company. You can't go wrong with them.

member for 1.7 years, 963 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

Thanks for taking the time to write this! Awesome to hear. If you ever have any issues or concerns feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers,
Liz
allensutedja

join:2013-02-01

$25 restocking Fee for my properly working fine modem

I have almost the same experience just now. I called teksavvy arround jan 25,2013 because my internet is not working. then they do trouble shooting over the phone tried to fix it.but it didnt work also.so they sent out rogers technician.The tecnician came on 30 jan 2013 and he tested his own modem then his modem worked like a charm.and also he said the problem is with teksavvy. then i called teksaavy again right after that.the lady told me that they will send replacement modem for me and asked me to send back my defective modem cause they told me the problem was my modem. then she said " once we receive your modem we will test it then if its working properly we have to charge you $25 for restocking fee"
they will charge $25 restocking fee me for a modem that they suspect defective but if turn out working properly, they will charge me restocking fee. which is not even my fault!! and what if the modem working properly but they will say the modem is defective then charge me still cause i dont know the truth.

what i dont understand is what they do that. plus my modem is still under warranty.not even a month yet.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17

Re: $25 restocking Fee for my properly working fine modem

Try posting in theTekSavvy Direct Forums and see if maybe TSI Andre, Martin or JonF can be of better assistance before you are forced to send the modem back.
derridada

join:2013-02-17

switch Rogers -> teksavvy

Thanks for this insightful review. Great piece! Now I'm even more convinced to change.

I'm determined to make the switch from Rogers to Teksavvy too, from extreme plus cable, since they again changed their pricing, and I am constantly over the download cap and 'upgrading' to fiber (or 'extreme super plus ultra turbo cable' or whatever they call it) is just too costly and raises the cap only marginally. Since I'm streaming everything now, I can just cancel cable and take it all (phone and internat) to Teksavvy.

My question though: what was your experience like cancelling with Rogers? What cancellation fees did you face? I also reckon I'll get a lot of resistance from Rogers in making the change - I just want to know what I'll be up against...

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: switch Rogers -> teksavvy

said by derridada:

I don't quite remember how cancelling with Rogers went, I had their services for 2 years already at my last residence. So I was not on any contract. I called, confirmed cancellation dates. I went from Cable to DSL (in 2011). So the transition was easier. My cancel date with Rogers was much later than my activation date with TekSavvy. If you're not on contract, you'll face no cancellation fees. You will be offered deal after deal from rentions. I hear they are offering 35/3 with 200GB of data for $45, or they were. If you;re going from cable to cable, you may experience some downtime a day or two since the modem will need to be provisioned on their network.

I highly suggest making a post on their Direct Support Forums. They are very informative and attentive in responding to posts. I also recommend you buy the Thompson/Technicolor DCM476 modem from them, you'll save $20 on activation and it the best supported modem right now to get to future proof yourself.

Update!!

Thank you for the update!!!

It is great to hear the DHCP issue has subsided for you in recent months.

There are many different ways you can get in contact with us for online support. We can be reached through DSLr direct forum, Twitter, Facebook, email (support@teksavvy.com) and Teksavvy forum. We watch all of these channels and are more than happy to assist with any issue or question you may have.

Please keep us updated on your services!

Review by tallguy11 See Profile

• Location: Edmonton,AB
Good "Very stable connection, truly unlimited! teck support is very helpful and doesn't treat u like a moron, can bring your own modem"
Bad "Have to wait for Shaw to apply the changes... Took nearly a week to update the modem Mac "
Overall "Teksavvy is a great company so far. They are honest and do their best to resolve problems "

·TELUS
I ordered teksavvy cable because I moved and Telus wasn't available at my new address..I ordered the modem my self off of the net Motorola sb6120 for $50 brand new. Hooked it up and then called teksavvy to set it up.. Was very easy to get set up and no credit check required! The only down side is I had to wait for a Shaw teck to come out even tho the modem did see the network and was waiting to be authorized.. They should find a way to do it remotely.. Some how the Shaw teck got the wrong Mac address so the modem wouldn't authorize had to wait another week for Shaw to update it.. (I feel this was a scam done by Shaw to try and get me to go with them) but finally the modem came online and has been working group great ever since!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Tallguy11

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear your service is installed and working normally this is wonderful to see. I do apologize for the delays in the installing your service however am happy we were able to have that resolved quickly for you.

If you have any further questions we can always be reached directly in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Please continue to update us on your TekSavvy journey.

Thanks again for your review.

Review by neko See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Easy switch from DSL to Cable with Teksavvy"
Overall "Fast, affordable & reliable Internet from Teksavvy Cable"

After being on Teksavvy DSL service for a few years, we wanted an upgrade in speed. Teksavvy offer both VDSL service, & Cable Internet, via their wholesale model.

The switch was very easy. Teksavvy arranged it so our existing DSL service was switched off 1 day after the new Cable Internet was activated. We had no downtime.

The Cable Internet installation was super easy. Cable tech arrived early morning to do the install. He made sure we had good signal & Modem was hooked up before he left. He even gave us additional coaxial cable in case we needed a longer cable run, sometime in the future.

For roughly the same amount we were paying for DSL service from Teksavvy, we now have 30Mbit download, & soon will have 10 Mbit upload. Having a 30/10 connection is pretty sweet.

As far as usage, it's 300 GB per month. That's plenty for our needs. We have never had problems with overage charges.

Overall, the service from Teksavvy is fantastic. Thank you, guys, you really are the best ISP in Canada!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Neko,

Thank you for the review! I am glad to see you are enjoying the TekSavvy services and that the installation was a breeze with no downtime. This is exactly why we schedule the switch like this. I’m glad to hear the technician went over and above with your installation, and took his time to ensure everything was connected correctly for you. I’m also happy to see our enjoying the TekSavvy Cable speeds you are receiving.

Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey, and thank you for the wonderful review.

Thanks

neko
All Hail Canada
join:2006-08-11
Canada
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Review

Hey Ashleigh,

It's nice to get feedback from you. I don't believe I've ever spoken to you on the 'phone.

As you are aware of technical specifics, such as Cable or indeed DSL; next time you are in St Catharines, I'd be happy to discuss my loop length with you.

Have a good evening, Ashleigh.

Review by rubyn See Profile

Overall "Giving it another try"

Getting service back, hopefully it will be nice and easy

Comments:

TSI Jon

Hello Rubyn,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience when attempting to move your service to a new location. I would like to look over your account to see where we went wrong and also coach the agents you spoke with. Could you please PM me your account information so that I can investigate this further?

TSI Jon See Profile
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Greyg

@205.189.94.x

Enquiry

Can I get a cable connection with Tech Savvy with a wirelss modem, if possible?

Re: Enquiry

Hello Greyg,

Thank you for the inquiry. Our Cable modems that we sell at TekSavvy are wired modems, they are not wireless. If you need a wireless modem (depending on what province your in) we have some on our approved list that you can purchase, or you can use a separate wireless router and connect it to the Cable modem.

If you need more information please message us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your full address with postal code and we can give you all the information you are seeking.

Ashleigh
rubyn

join:2014-05-07

Thanks but there's no use trying to fix my weeks long frustration now on this website, I made up my mind when I asked you to cancel my move order altogether.

Review by TLS2000 See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Unlimited! With Zap The Cap enabled!"
Bad "None found so far"
Overall "Really great service and value for your money!"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
After a few years on the Rogers Ultimate package (grandfathered 75mbps) I finally got to the point where they were charging me $100 extra almost every month due to the amount of time spent on Netflix from my household. I finally said that I'd had enough and put the cancellation order in with Rogerr and ordered TekSavvy's 28/1 service to replace it.

My modem arrived within 2 days of me confirming my payment to them (via online banking). Due to Rogers policy of requiring 30 days notice when you cancel a service with them, I arranged for TekSavvy to be installed on March 29th, 2013, not realizing it was a holiday. That didn't matter, as I was able to disconnect the Rogers modem and hook up the Teksavvy modem without issue.

I did a quick speedtest and speeds were in line with the profile I'm on with speedboost enabled. Youtube streams without issue and Netflix is having no issues either.

All of my questions which were asked on the DSLReports forum were answered promptly by TekSavvy employees, which gave me the confidence to make the switch.

Since I signed up, TekSavvy has switched their interconnection system with Rogers over to something called APOI (Aggregated Point of Interconnection), allowing them to offer higher speeds than the original 28/1 up/down service I had. I'm currently enjoying 150/10 service.

Starting in June, TekSavvy is going to be enforcing their usage caps of 300gb (on my package). Instead of making me pay a higher rate every month like Rogers did, they've come up with an innovative way of allowing me to have unlimited usage. Zap The Cap is TekSavvy's answers to capacity based billing that the cable companies use to bill them. Because Rogers charges them for the maximum capacity that they'll use, TekSavvy's costs are dramatically higher during "peak" periods of 8pm-midnight than they would be if they paid for capacity during non-peak hours. This means that when more people are using their internet, TekSavvy pays drastically more money to Rogers for the capacity to handle them. Zap The Cap gives people on capped connections the ability to ZTC. In exchange for unlimited usage, I enable a switch on TekSavvy's website that limits my download speeds during peak hours to 15mbps (vs the 150mbps that I get outside of peak). As such, TekSavvy has lowered their costs in relation to my connection and they pass that savings on in the form of an unlimited service.

It's a small sacrifice for me, as I do most of my major downloading and streaming during their non-peak hours anyway.

TekSavvy gets an 11/10 from me. They go out of their way to help their customers.

Comments:

TSI Danielle
join:2012-05-31

1 recommendation

re: Your Review

Hi,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We appreciate knowing when things have gone well and it's been a painless transition. Please keep us updated on how things are going with the service as we go along.

Welcome to the family and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

Danielle