Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by geokilla See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "300GB usage cap. Unlimited usage between 2am and 8am. At the moment, no problems."
Bad "Gotta contact Teksavvy via Direct Forums. Unlimited usage between 2am to 8am"
Overall "Not recommended. Too many problems for many new and existing customers."

I was previously a Rogers Express cable Internet customer and I didn't want to pay Rogers more for less. Their 60GB and 80GB (usage insurance) cap wasn't cutting it for me. Luckily, my contract ended and I owned my modem, so I was able to set up a transfer to Teksavvy for their Extreme cable service. When I submitted my order, I didn't receive anything from Teksavvy, so I was in the dark. I was forced to contact Teksavvy via the Direct Forums to figure out what was going on and if everything was fine. Luckily it was.

Being a transfer customer, I expected some downtime. I was originally scheduled to have my Teksavvy Extreme service activated on March 2, 2011, but it didn't come online until March 3 because Rogers had not released my DPC2100R2 modem yet. However I was able to get excellent support from the Teksavvy Direct Forums. If I didn't know about DSL Reports, I probably would've been quite annoyed with the technical support and service I was receiving.

Anyways, my Teksavvy service has been up and running for 10 days now, which I think is enough time to give a review. Despite using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, I'm getting better speeds than when I was on Rogers Express. However as expected, there's a bit of congestion during peak hours. This is probably due to the fact that I'm using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, and that there are a lot of new Teksavvy users causing congestion at the POI (phubs?). As far as reliability goes, well everything is pretty smooth. Haven't experienced any disconnecting issues or anything like that. I hope it stays this way too, but since we're at the mercy of Rogers, anything can happen.

UPDATE APRIL 17, 2012

A lot of congestion now. I'm getting nowhere close to my 15/1 speeds that I'm paying for. Getting more like 2/1. I understand the problem and the congestion, but I'm starting to get sick and tired of this. Teksavvy needs to act quick or they're going to lose customers, especially less knowledgeable ones.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 23, 2012 (?)

Teksavvy keeps on blaming Rogers for the lack of POI upgrades when it was Teksavvy that oversubscribed and now the POIs are congested. They are saying how it's Rogers who are not doing the upgrades as scheduled and that they cannot do anything about it but to contact them via e-mail because it is the only method allowed. Well Teksavvy needs to do something about it. I am paying Teksavvy for a service, not Rogers. The staff I have dealt with here are very knowledgeable and nice, but it just annoys me when I don't get what I paid for.

UPDATE OCTOBER 17, 2012 (?)

Been a while since the POI upgrades and while speeds have improved, I'm still not getting the full speeds I'm paying for.

UPDATE OCTOBER 1, 2013

Another update. I have been on ATPIA on their 25/2 service for quite some time now. I also updated to a Motorola SB6120 a long time ago. Basically everything is going relatively well for me, so I consider myself lucky. My neighbours down the street are having constant problems with Teksavvy Internet. A while back, I was facing ping spikes in SC2 at night and Teksavvy claimed everything was fine. Because they claimed everything was fine, it must be fine! Then suddenly, these ping spikes disappeared and all is well again. Not impressed with what I'm receiving from Teksavvy in terms of customer support.

UPDATE December 2, 2014

Nightly slowdowns for the past two months. Been given the usual runaround on how they are fixing the problem, or want us to do a 2 hour troubleshooting process. I'm not the only one having ping spikes and slowdowns every night. No solution in sight. This is getting pathetic. Attached is a screenshot of my ping spikes while attempting to play SC2.

member for 4.5 years, 1440 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

steveturton4

@24.212.197.x

no problems here

I wonder if you are in a particular high usage group....for lack of a better description. I stream movies every night with no problem.....and I know most of my neighbours are using Rogers Cable.

I always have my Laptop on at the same time we am streaming movies....plus I have TekSavvy's home phone service...so sometimes we are using all 3 at the same time with no problems.

Is there a way for Rogers/TekSavvy to do a little load balancing for your area? I am not techie...so this is just an idea.
geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

Re: no problems here

They told me to wait. Been waiting on and off for months..

Ontario User

@135.23.130.x

Re: no problems here

I have similar experience as you. It has been almost 3 weeks, they haven't solved my problem yet. Sometime the speed is slow and lots of service interruptions with the past 3 weeks. All they do is keep repeating asking you for information.

Review by Soiduts See Profile

• Location: Ontario
Good "Unlimited Bandwidth, Nice CSR/Techs, Best ISP in Canada, No Contracts, Fair Price for Service, Outage Reports"
Bad "Slow Upload speed on 6Mbit package (256Kbps), Installation is through Rogers"
Overall "Better than Rogers pricing!"

--==August 27, 2014==

Talked with some of the neighbours on the street about the downtime we had the week before. Rogers botched up an installation down the street and hung unsightly wires for a good 50meters via the street lights. The installation was so bad that two days later it messed up the entire neighbourhood on August 20th, 2014 and knocked everyone's services out for over 8 hours. To make matters worse during that exact downtime, a tornado warning was issued for the area but Rogers still sent out two trucks. A couple of the neighbours had called Rogers earlier in the day to report their service was down. We were quite surprised they sent the guys out in that kind of weather as it was the worse thunderstorm we've had in the area in years.

Teksavvy Cable is unfortunately at the mercy of Rogers and their techs when instances like this occur.

--==August 20th, 2014==--

At approximately 11am on Wednesday, August 20th, 2014, the Internet service went down. 5 hours later after realizing it was more than just a maintenance or upgrade windows, I posted on the Teksavvy Direct forum indicating that I would like to submit a ticket with Rogers. I had talked with our next door neighbour who has Rogers Cable Internet and he did not have a connection, so I realized that the problem was not localized to my specific connection.

Thankfully my connection stability has been fairly good at this location and this is the first time I had contacted Teksavvy support in many years. I indicated in the Direct post that I confirmed with our next door neighbour who has Rogers cable that his connection was out as well, so its not isolated to just our connection. I explained that I had already checked: the physical connections, sync lights, power cycled the modem and router, directly connected a computer to the modem instead of the router, ect to troubleshoot it on our end. No settings were changed on our end that would cause this kind of outage either.

I gave support in the initial Direct post: my name, Teksavvy CID, phone numbers, email, address, modem with MAC address (which I also indicated was the same modem I had purchased from Teksavvy so they have that information on file as their support notice indicates), Modem Lights status, indicated no channels were syncing, all line stats were 0 and posted the diagnostic log

- Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM

- Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC

I also told support that there was no further information that I could provide that would assist them in creating a ticket with Rogers.

37 minutes after posting in the Direct forum, support posted a reply telling me to copy and paste all the information in my initial post again into a new reply. It is not my job to fill out another form after I already filled in the Direct form information in the initial post. The reply post looked like a standard support form that they copy and pasted as a reply and it was obvious that they did not read the initial post.

I politely told support to please reread the opening post to the support thread as all the information they needed and was requested in their reply was already given in that initial post. I once again told them there was no further information that I could give them which would assist in the creation of the support ticket. Replying to my initial post with a copy and pasted script is not good tech support. Support had plenty of information from the Failed to acquire QAM and Failed to acquire FEC errors and all the information I had given to see that there was an issue at Rogers end.

To make matters worse, support replied back and wanted me to copy and paste the whole sync log table of all 0's and blank sync information after I had told them in my initial post that it was all zeros. I realize that Rogers wants logs but copying a table full of zeros is pointless and a waste of time and can easily be indicated to them as I had in my original Teksavvy Direct post. If I had called in to support and told them over the phone that all the line sync information was zero, they would not be asking for a complete detailed table of 0's as there would be no way to provide that over the phone.

Teksavvy support then wanted the a full readout of the logs from the modem but it was already provided in the initial direct post. They also wanted IP information but obviously with no sync and no connection, that would be blank also.

Other people on the block by this time must have reported directly to Rogers that their connections were down as two Rogers trucks arrived in the neighbourhood around 7PM and by 7:30PM my connection was back up. I have contacted Teksavvy Direct over the years for ticket creation and have never had issues like this getting one made before. 2 hours of useless back and forth posts to get a ticket made is a waste of Teksavvy's time and my time especially when I had given them all the information in my initial post. After 8 hours of downtime, my connection was fixed by Rogers before I could complete the ticket creation process with Teksavvy support. I replied back telling them to cancel the creation of a ticket.

The first post Teksavvy Direct should have replied with was a personalized message thanking me for the information and notifying me that a ticket would be created as they have done in the past, not a copy and pasted script. When support then asks for information I cannot provide after specifically indicating there was no more information to give is very annoying. I have never had issues with Teksavvy Support in the 8 years I've been a customer till now. The last time I had an issue with tech support was when I was with Bell Sympatico.

The outage ended up being a botched Rogers installation down the street that caused a delayed issue in the neighbourhood.

--==August 15th, 2013==--

I ordered Cable through Teksavvy as apparently at this location, I was too far away from the DSLAM/CO to get proper service even though its a completely new neighborhood and the Bell NID was installed right above the Rogers box on the side of my garage. Bell probably just doesn't have the address properly setup in their database as its so new but I didn't push the issue with the CSR. The CSR recommended I get Cable instead, which I did. I bought the Technicolor 476 through Teksavvy to get a $20 reduction in the activation charge. I've been using DSL for well over a decade now, 7 of which have been with Teksavvy, so this was the first time I had used Cable myself as my primary Internet connection. Had no wait time to talk to a CSR and I phoned at 11am.

The email Teksavvy sends out to customers for Cable is a bit confusing though. You are asked to pick 3 different times for a tech to come out and install the line, with one being your first choice. These 3 are all tentative dates that Teksavvy submits to Rogers. The Confirm order link that you get in the Teksavvy Email only confirms it Teksavvy and doesn't actually confirm your installation/activation date. That is quite confusing, as eventually a "second email" comes in with the date/time that Rogers has decided they will come to do the install. I received 3 emails from Teksavvy after ordering: the Teksavvy order confirmation, Teksavvy invoice and then eventually the Rogers tech confirmation email. The order confirmation procedure should be explained a bit more especially when talking on the phone when ordering.

Customers may not get any of those dates though, as it was with my case as it was over a week later from my third choice that the tech actually showed up. Rogers was experiencing 'delays' with installation/line activations but it just seemed like an excuse to slow down migration to TPIA's.

The email from Teksavvy also specifically indicates that a Rogers tech will phone approximately 30 minutes before showing up and that someone 18 years or older must be present. I never received a phone call but the tech did arrive on the confirmed date and time window.

The tech was there for about 10 minutes. He put a line signal tester on one end of the coax in the house and then did the rest of the work outside. Very nice guy and I was impressed. I asked him to put a TPIA tag on my line which he did and then additionally told me there was a temporary line off my box to the neighbors which had just moved in as well, so I was glad he did put the tag on. He asked which TPIA I was with and said Teksavvy. He said the line quality was extremely good and it would easily support the 150mbit profile.

I ordered the 6mbit profile. Speedtest show I get 5.98Mbit/256Kbps. I didn't realize that the upload was set that low on the profile when ordering the service. I thought it would have been at least 768Kbps or 1Mbit. Ping is about 10ms. I wish they had a profile between 6/256 and 25/2, like a 10/1, as speed isn't my top priority, just unlimited bandwidth but the upload speed is a bit slow. It can get saturated pretty fast. The price jump from the 6mbit Unlimited $40 to 25/2 Unlimited $60 was the main reason I chose the 6mbit unlimited profile but I didn't want to have worry about tracking the bandwidth. All the cable packages include unlimited bandwidth between 2am-8am, so I may switch from the 6mbit unlimited package to the 25mbit 300GB package which is actually $1 less per month. CSR on the phone should probably have reminded or indicated this when ordering. Will start tracking average usage per hour by setting major downloads to the overnight period and see what the bandwidth patterns are.

Comments:
f7

join:2013-07-29

256k upload

it was set by Rogers and not TK..

Thanks for the review.

I agree with you our order confirmation email is actually confusing. We are currently in the process of revamping them

As for the time frames, Rogers asked us to collect this information and during normal circumstances, they usually allow the first date/time to be the one selected however with the delays, they have simply been providing the soonest date once they get to working the order which usually happen past the requested dates.

As for the upload, you are right, our CSR should of advised you of this and I apologize for this.

If you need to upgrade your package, there is no fee to do so so please do not hesitate to let us know if that needs to be done.

Cheers,

Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

join:2013-11-18

Review Update

Hi Soiduts,

Sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with your ticket, though I am glad you're back online. That's not the experience we want you to have. While there are a few pieces of information we would've needed to gather, they would mostly be related to appointment times and contact information, so I apologize for any superfluous information requested. I assure you that for any future interactions we'll make sure that your messages and responses are handled appropriately.

Please don't hesitate to drop a ticket by in the direct forum again should something happen - we'll be glad to help out. Should one be needed I'm sure we'll leave you with a more positive impression.

Thanks,

Review by CerealK See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Speed is as advertised"
Bad "Too a week before my modem synched"
Overall "We'll see"

I requested installation on the 3rd of September between 5 PM and 9 PM. The Videotron technician came at 5:30 PM and it took about 30 seconds before he left saying signal was fine. He did not check is the modem synched and I thought he was coming back but he left without saying anything.

We are now the 5th of September and I still have no internet.

Teksavvy customer service have been nowhere to be found outside of the regular "we are looking into it". Who cares if I'm paying for a service I don't receive, right?

I'm sure it's a problem of provisioning (what's the point of giving the modem information 2 weeks in advance, then?) that would normally take 10 minutes to fix.

______________________________________________________

UPDATE September 9th

Finally... We'll see how it goes from here.

Comments:

TSI Andre
Chatham, ON

Update

Hi.

Your review clearly highlights the issues residing with the underlying vendor that we are urgently fighting for. I am fairly confident you would have experienced this with any TPIA provider. (Which is unfortunate)

They are delayed on working TPIA updates which is why it feels like it's taking forever.

Can you please post in the direct forum so we can ensure we are moving things along for you?

Thanks,

Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)
CerealK

join:2012-03-16
Quebec, QC

Re: Update

I already have a thread in the Direct forum with 3 answers from Teksavvy all saying "We are looking into it". You give me no information about the problem and leave me wondering by myself.

Re: Update

I'm getting someone to investigate now.

Chatham, ON
I've got some extra hands and eyes on this now. They should be in contact with you soon.

Hi there,

Just a quick update (not sure if you saw our previous post in the Direct) but the vendor is anticipating having a fix sometime today.

Fingers crossed. John and/or Keith should be following up with you soon.

Cheers,

Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Chatham, ON

Update?

i see you updating you rating. Can you elaborate on what changed?

Review by palja3344 See Profile

Good "what?"
Bad "Teksavvy don't keep their words."

I am located in the Greater Toronto Area and I and my family have been stayed with Teksavvy for years. Recently we sold out our place but couldn't find a new place. As closing time is coming up, we requested a cancellation order for the service. After that, we luckily found a new place. Even if we had a time gap, about 15 days, between a moving out date and a moving in date, I called Teksavvy and explained about the situation.

An representative told me that I can keep my old plan (which is 25Mg/300g bandwidth with $47) but I need a re-connection order ($65) on my moving out date and have to do a moving order (another $65) on the moving out date. In addition, since I was using an old modem, I was told to change a new modem. So I got a new modem and follow the instruction.

2 days after speaking to the rep, I found that I was charged by a new plan (30Mg/150g bandwidth with $51). I called Teksavvy and a rep told me that I can't keep the old service since the cancellation order was submitted. So I mentioned that I've heard from a previous rep (mentioned the name) that I could keep my old plan since I reconnect on the same day on the same account. The rep was denying what I said and she said that she could do nothing for it.

I wouldn't do the re-connection request if I can't keep my old plan since I can just open a new CID account for a new place from my moving-in date without double paying of $65. At the same time, they let me get a new modem by giving me an assumption that I could keep my old plan. Now it seems that I have to be stuck with Teksavvy if I want to keep using my new modem at my new place.

I talked to a supervisor regarding this matter. He said that he could give me $20 off for a moving charge like I am buying a modem from Teksavvy since I already got the new modem by myself. What? I was spending more than 2 hours on the phone for this mess. Now what. I get only a half bandwidth limit than I used to have and I have to pay more with this mess without a proper apology.

Comments:

Old Martin
join:2006-02-23

Cancelling, Moving and New orders

Hello palja3344 See Profile,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

It certainly seems that much confusion occurred for your request.

Unfortunately, once a Cable service is Cancelled, we are unable to revert that request.

If you were using an modem that is no longer supported, this would have been the reason we requested that you upgrade your device.
Unfortunately, with the moving of the service, the new modem would have been required no matter what.

I would like ot look into your situation if you would let me so I can see what occurred & if there are any coaching opportunities.

Please either send me a PM Old Martin See Profile or you can post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

I will gladly take a look at your situation & see if we can get to a common ground for your move of service.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR
palja3344

join:2014-11-19

Re: Cancelling, Moving and New orders

Thank you for your reply, Martin.
I understand that if the cancellation request is submitted, it can't be reverted.
This is why I agreed the re-connection request (even on my moving out date) to keep my old plan on my same account with double paying of $65 by your rep's direction.

If this was not working, then why did your rep give me a false assumption that I could keep my old plan and let me get a new modem? I could have shopped around different ISPs in my new area. This is what I am complaining for.

If your reps are giving different directions to customers, resulting in discrepancy, why is the onus on customers? shouldn't it be on Teksavvy?

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

Re: Cancelling, Moving and New orders

Hello palja3344,
Thank you again for your post. I am one of the Online Services Account Managers here at TekSavvy. This issue the way you describe it is not something we like to see at TekSavvy. My partner Keith and I would very much like to look into this issue to see where all went wrong.

In order to do that we need your help. Could you please DM your account information here »TekSavvy Direct so we can have a look?

Regards,
TSI John Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Review by muirwoods See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "At least someone always picks up the phone"
Bad "Does not keep any of their promises"
Overall "Took my money and delivered nothing"

I am located in the Greater Vancouver Area, and I ordered the 10mbit cable service for about $35/month from Teksavvy a few weeks ago. Teksavvy was supposed to send a technician to my house to activate and configure my cable internet on Friday Nov 7, 2014 between 8AM-noon. I took the day off to wait for the technician...and no one showed up. Frustrated, shortly after the noon deadline, I immediately called Teksavvy and spoke to an agent named Kaleena, who said the best they can do is send an email to Shaw and wait for a response within 24-48 hours, and was willing to give me 50% off next month's bill. This was absolutely a joke, as I took an entire day off to wait for this, and 50% off the bill for a month is nothing compared to my entire day's pay. I asked if a tech could come in over the weekend, as I work all day every weekdays, and I simply CANNOT take another weekday off this month. I was denied.

Over the next couple of days I called and demanded a full refund, speaking to numerous Teksavvy agents. I spoke to an agent named Kyle, who said that Teksavvy is only responsible up until the "demarc zone", as he said, which to my understanding, was the Shaw box on the outside of my house, and that my interior cabling was my responsibility to correct. This was ridiculous for me to hear, as he's saying that the tech just simply connects the cable outside the house and goes on his merry way without checking if the internet actually works in our house?! What a freaking joke. Plus, I was never informed of this when I ordered the service weeks ago. Is this the kind of service Teksavvy gives to its customers?

On Tuesday Nov 11th, STILL no communication/updates from Teksavvy after more than 48 hours since I reported no show from the technician, I'm simply not interested in doing business with a company with this kind of non-existent service. After calling at least 7 times over the past week, I finally was able to cancel and give a full refund which I requested each and every time I called.

Long story short, Teksavvy wasted my entire day of Nov 7th and corresponding day's pay, hours of my time on the phone, and my trust in the company for failing to meet any of their promises. I have learned my lesson: I will never be a customer of a company who simply resell internet services. Teksavvy is at the mercy of companies who actually owns and maintains the network infrastructure (Eg. Shaw, Telus…).

Avoid my headache and nightmare with Teksavvy: stick with the big boys who actually created the infrastructure. It's worth the extra cost.

Comments:

TSI Keith

Re: Your review

Hello there,

I'm very sorry to hear what you went through trying to get set up with us. I'm glad to hear that you were (finally) able to get the refund. I'd like to ask though, would you mind posting your account info in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so that we can investigate everything that happened here and see what we can do to avoid these issues or improve the way we handle them.

Review

I was really hoping you would allow us the opportunity to investigate so we can make right on our wrongs.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with your info.

Crow

@69.196.171.x

1 recommendation

Demarc

Surprise ! , they are only responsible up to the demarc point . The inside wiring is up to you or the electriction you hire to do any work .

needsomehelp

join:2014-02-07
Canada

ISW

Pretty sure every IISP tells you at the point of signup that they are only responsible up to the demarcation point. And why not? Why should an ISP be responsible for YOUR wiring that you do not want to properly maintain?

Review by BellisHell See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "Excellent Transparency, Blasing fast connection off peck"
Bad "Transfer process just a bit wonky, slow downs + high pings, and modem requirements are vague ATM!"
Overall "New or old, it's the same good ol' TekSavvy I know!"

*Old TekSavvy Review (2011 - 2014)*

I was a hesitant switcher due to the massive amounts of reviews saying "I can not recommend Teksavvy to anyone anymore". But I bit the bullet and called up Teksavvy to order their home phone service along with cable internet. The ordering process was quick, easy and every bit of info I needed was given. The installer came on time and installed everything to my liking, with a bit of that rogers walled garden but that was a non-issue. There was also that disconnection issue that happened in the Brampton area but I wasn't to affected by it though I did become a STAC 02.16 firmware tester to see if the issues were resolved (and believed or not, it worked!). Teksavvy is the only company that wanted to work with me to solve an issue like that disconnection issue. I have been with Bell, Rogers, 3Web, Acanac, and many others, they just can't compare to what Teksavvy can offer to us. I don't write reviews often for different companies, as writing a bad review of those folks are a waste of my time and bandwidth. Teksavvy's the only company that had made me feel that it is worth anything to write a positive review about them. Thanks Teksavvy, I'm a very happy camper.

Update*

My connection is still running strong! No disconnects and excellent speeds during peak hours here in the Brampton region. Now, I can truly say that this connection of mine is definitely reliable, enough that I can trust IP Telephony.

I have switched to TekTalk for home phone as of now. Nothing wrong with the service at all, just that there's tons of static on Bell's behalf. As a recent switcher, I decided to do away of anything Bell related and move to the more modern IP telephony way of home phone.

Update as of AUG 29, 2013*

Being hit with the infamous "blinking uplink light", my connection has suffered in tiny disconnects and frustration. I want to believe that TekSavvy isn't at fault because I know it is for the most part Rogers, but it is really hard not to do so. Reason being is that CS just out right seems off, not how it was in the past where it was straight forward. I have a feeling they are also blaming my own equipment, which I know 110% is working fine. I have contemplated on switching to Start Communications, but what is the point if the issues are still there? Seriously, I'd rather have Rogers loosen the death grip on IISP's than to deal with IISP's on incumbent network issues to no avail.

Update as of Sept. 17, 2013*

Had my disconnection issues looked at by a Link-On technician, and the connection now seems to be working fine. I have filed a speed profile change and I am currently waiting for that to be processed. I will update my review on that as the days go by.

Update As of Apr. 18, 2014*

After using my connection since the last time I updated this review, nothing has changed. No disconnects, hiccups...NADA. This is what you would call a completely stable and reliable connection. But after some severe debate with my family and myself, I have decided to switch to another IISP by May 3rd. No, this is not the fault of TekSavvy. I am leaving at my own discretion. Perhaps in search for experience of a wider ecosystem of ISP. I will say this... I WILL return to TekSavvy when that experience ride of mine is nothing but sourness, crap and a waste of my time as TekSavvy will seem like the only haven in the entire ecosystem. Even when I leave, I will still recommend TekSavvy to everyone switching to an IISP for the first time or from notoriously bad IISPs. Don't take my word for it, switch and experience what you have missed out with your big telco or cable company.

*New TekSavvy Review (2014 - ?)*

Update as of Sept. 23rd 2014*

I'm back TekSavvy! It's funny, since I found out about the new plans TekSavvy has and one of the plans particularly stood out, the 150Mbps/15Mbps Unlimited plan @ 119.95 a month. I'm currently waiting for the cancellation of my current IISP (and the release of modem). I'll update during the transfer process and usage of the service as I did for my old review.

Update as of Oct. 3rd 2014*

I know it has been a while. With only a days worth of downtime (very acceptable, IMHO)... WOOOOT! I got my internet connection! And it's pretty darn fast and stable!

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4697.png
»www.pingtest.net/result/ ··· 4337.png

The technician came on time and went, leaving a pristine connection in place. I couldn't be any happier. (I can not vouch for everyone's experience with techs though)

Throughout the process, TekSavvy kept me up to date on my order status and was completely transparent in regards to the installation of my connection.

I can say that this is the very experience I had when I first went with TekSavvy (With the old 28/1 300gb plan).

I will continue to update for reliability and connection speeds as I use the connection. Thanks TekSavvy!

Update as of Oct. 10th 2014*

It's been a week, and I have been loving my internet connection! My connection has been 110+ mbps even during peek, and the line quality is excellent and stable.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 8152.png
»www.pingtest.net/result/ ··· 7788.png

Update as of Nov. 11th 2014*

Speed test between 7 PM to 11 PM: »www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 02512633
Speedtest 11 PM after: »www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 02630396

It's been a month of using my connection. For the most part, it is pretty good until the start of last 2 weeks where I have been getting pretty bad congestion pass 7 PM. As well, I have noticed the 150 plans weren't there anymore (it was pretty shocking as I just recently signed up). I do realise that it is about rogers imposing modem/gateway requirements on 150+ plans. To be honest, the whole situation seems to be shrouded in mystery and as a recent subscriber to the 150 plan, I'm way more confused than anything else in this regard. I have also noticed the speed slow downs and high pings seems to be clockwork plus/minus 5 minutes when it happens (To me, it seems this was done intentionally and suddenly). If push comes to shove, I will not yield to a price tag of $300+ on a gateway for 150+ plans on TekSavvy. I already have a solid backbone for Wireless (AC) and ethernet networking (painstakingly perfected to support 1Gbps fibre services in the future), so I have no use for an 'All-in-one' device. In conclusion, I hope to receive clarification soon on the gateway requirement part.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Bellishell,

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to see you have been enjoying the service thoroughly and you did not have any issues with installing the services. This is great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

In regards to your current service you shouldn’t be receiving disconnects. I would be more than happy to look into your account and assist with investigating what is happening with your connection to find a solution for you. Please feel free to message us directly in the Direct forum. We are happy to help.

Thank you again for this review!!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

KrissyB79

@199.71.244.x

Problems with connectivity since technician set up

Technician set up my teksavvy Sept 5 - since that time I have not once had the internet up and working. I've sat on hold 4 different nights for 1 hour, and have logged a tech support ticket. Have not been contacted or successfull got through once. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt as I am not very technical and its probably something fixable - but I cant get throught to anyone!

join:2011-08-24
canada

Re: Problems with connectivity since technician set up

Hi KrissyB79,

I am very sorry to read about your experience so far. I would like my team to look into your situation and try their best to assist you in resolving this issue. Could you post with your account information in the direct forum »TekSavvy Direct if you haven't done so already?

Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

join:2011-08-24
canada

Update

Thanks for the quick update BellisHell, please keep us posted and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Chatham, ON

Updated Review

Hello BellisHell,

Thank you for the updated review. We are sorry to see you leave however we certainly do understand. It is excellent that you will continue to be an advocate for TekSavvy even though you are going to another provider.

Thank you very much for the review and if you have any further questions or concerns TekSavvy can be reached directly in the Direct forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Regards,
Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hello Bellishell,

Thanks so much for the update!

I'm glad to hear that you plan to switch to the Cable 150/15 with us, this is excellent news!

I see that you plan to keep us updated on this process, please be sure to! We love being kept up to date and being able to help whenever we can.

Best regards,
Jon

join:2013-11-18
Chatham, ON

Updated review

Heya!

Awesome to hear it's still rock solid and that you're still happy with us! Please let us know if you need anything - we're always glad to help.

Updates

thanks for posting updates. I am happy to see your connection is rock solid.

Happy Thanksgiving

Review by TSIFTW See Profile

• Location: Windsor,ON
Good "A CEO you can stand behind and a company COMMITTED to excellence."
Bad "Relying on Rogers/Bell/Cogeco etc."
Overall "Awesome service, great price."

Been a lurker on this site for awhile now, looking at reviews and forums in order to get as much information as possible to make the right decision on which ISP I wanted to sign up with. I've read enough to know Rogers and Bell were automatically nixed from the conversation and it was really down to either Cogeco or Teksavvy for me. As someone who has been reliant on ACN's 6mpbs/0.8mbps dsl package (which was fine, albeit painfully slow at times) for the last 5 years, I was looking for something with a little more oomph. Decided to go with Teksavvy as I have seen Marc post numerous times on this site and really appreciated how he took such a "hands-on" approach to matters. Along with that, there is a small handful of very dedicated employee's on this site monitoring customer satisfaction and really busting hump for it. So with that, along with a $7/month savings over Cogeco's same package the choice was clear after the smoke settled.

So I signed up for TekSavvy 20/2 package mid July and was informed of an tentative install date 13 days out, and that I can check in to see if the date will be confirmed by Cogeco. Not the greatest thing ever, but I could still hotspot off my phone in the mean time. The CS rep I spoke with was nice and knowledgeable.

Day of install rolls around and the 8-5 window comes and goes and at this point I know the date is tentative with no response from Cogeco cause I had called in a couple times to see if they had confirmed. I was worried that I'm going to have to wait another 2 weeks at this point so I call back in and explain that the tech never made it for the install. I am put on hold for a short time and the rep comes back to me and lets me know that they resubmitted my install to Cogeco and will get a call to confirm a new date for install. Was really starting to get worried at this point, but not 5 hours later did I get a call letting me know that a tech will be there in 2 days. Date of install, tech shows up bright and early, was there for 5 mins max, checked all signal levels and was off.

*****UPDATE NOV 7, 2014****

Has it been a year and a half already? You know that old saying, you don't notice something till it's gone? Well my internet has barely even hiccuped since I've got it! I mean there was the congestion issues back in January and the one RF issue in April that lasted all of a day but come on, no internet provider is perfect.

Any how, yet again, another great review for a company that is clearly just looking out for the common consumer. I watch the forums and see how the agents just get bashed by people and still maintain dignity and professionalism, that is just fantastic. Thanks a lot guys for all you do!

****UPDATE - MAY 15, 2013****

Still rock solid service, but now with MOAR channel bonding!! Gotta say the 10meg upload they did awhile back sure was a nice surprise. So now we are going on almost a year and in that whole time I had one RF hiccup that lasted all of about 36hrs from start to tech visit. For all the people who have had issues with TekSavvy, let my experience show you what it's like on the flip side of the coin.

Damn near perfect service, free service upgrade and quick efficient service from all contribute to another satisfied customer who has already signed up almost 10 of my friends and family!

Been happily cruising along at my full 20 since and I haven't looked back. Been loving having this much of a speed boost and a rock solid connection with not even a hiccup in performance! Thanks TekSavvy!

Comments:

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Thanks

Thanks and welcome aboard.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy
TSIFTW

join:2013-08-24
Windsor, ON

Re: Thanks

Thanks a lot Marc, and this is why I have such high praise for your service, you're the freaking CEO and you're good enough to take the time to welcome me. I see all the stuff you're personally going thru in Rogers land and still you take the time.

Hat's off to you good sir!

join:2012-07-09

Update

Thanks for the update! Always happy to hear from our customers and get any feedback we can.

Glad to hear all is working well for you. Should there be any hiccups in the future (knock on wood!) you know where to find us

Review by tired See Profile

• Location: Hoboken,Hudson,NJ
Good "Great value, reliable speed, no caps, friendly service"
Bad "Support when there are issues is not very helpful or quick."
Overall "Great when it works, which thankfully is almost all of the time. But when there are issues it is painful."

Ordered the 25 MBPS Unlimited cable using a purchased Thomson DCM 475. Tech visit went smoothly though getting online initially was complicated by some challenges with the modem information at Shaw and it took a few calls to get that sorted out. Everyone I dealt with has been incredibly friendly and helpful.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

RE: Review

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

When complications arise, we do all we can to rectify the issue, in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.

If you experience any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us via the »TekSavvy Direct Forum, via email at support@teksavvy.com or via phone at 1-877-779-1575. Open 24/7! (Excluding Christmas day)

Thank you.
TSI Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Re: Your review

Thanks for your recent update. I'm sorry to hear there were some bumps in the road but thrilled to hear we were able to get everything worked out for you and that you've been happy with the customer service.

Should any further issues/concerns come up in the future, we're always here for you.

Have a great weekend!

Review by TeksavvyFan See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Amazing features, best price around"
Bad "Could be better upload speeds"
Overall "Simply the No.1 ISP in Canada. Get with them NOW if not already."

I have been through quite a few ISPs in my time, I've gone to Rogers about 4 times and signed up with Bell about 3, then I tried out some indie ISPs like ACN, then Acanac and then finally Teksavvy. Bell was slow back in the day and Rogers was always and still is ludicrously expensive. Both have pathetic uploads unless you get the insanely expensive packages. ACN was cheaper but slow. Acanac used to be good until their prices rose and started capping certain plans and got rid of some of their lower tier plans altogether. Then I found Teksavvy, $42 a month for 25/2 with 300GBs. This plan isn't available anymore but I still have it and I love it. I learned as well that uploads are totally free and they even have a neat feature called "zap the cap" where your download speeds are reduced by roughly 65% between the hours of 8pm-12am in exchange for a removed download cap.

Comments:

TSI Andre

2 edits

Wowza!

Glad to hear you're enjoying what we have to offer. Two Thumbs Up!

Review by motomandd See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Great speeds, Great Price, Great Service!"
Bad "Ping times a little high."
Overall "Great Value for your money! Unlimited Prices a bit high, but never go over anyway."

***Note*** I'm with the Cable services in Quebec who uses Videotron as an Incumbent.

Ordered the Cable 60 300GB @ $79,95/Month on the 21st of March, Got installed on the 4th of April.

Tech was great, Installed in 20 minutes, cracking jokes and making everything nice and tidy with the cabling.

Am using a DCM475 with a TP-Link WR1043ND, Making everything run nice and smoothly, always at 60 down 10 up.

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 49227624

UPDATE 3/21: Recently moved to another part of town, bringing my services with me. Minus the 3rd party videotron techs who refused to do the work until I called a number on their van and complained, It went great, and service is still extraordinary!

UPDATE: 10/31: Cancelled my services due to moving somewhere where services are already active. Easy, No hassle cancellation, Sad to have left.

member for 2.1 years, 423 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Motomandd,

Thank you for this fantastic review! I am very happy to see the installation went smoothly and the technician was tentative and thorough with your installation, it is also nice to see the technician was friendly with you. I am also very ecstatic to see the installation was completed rather quickly from ordering the service to installation. This is wonderful to see. Thank you for including the speedtest for your service in this review. The speeds you are receiving look fantastic!

Thanks again for this review and please keep us posted on your connection.
If you have any questions or concerns we can be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again
TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
motomandd

join:2013-03-04
Gatineau, QC

Re: Review

Hey Ashleigh!

My pleasure! I adore this connection, its pretty much perfect!

My only complaint is for some strange reason I cannot get the 120 down connnection, but strangely I can get it with Videotron. Any ideas?

Update!

Thanks for the update. Glad you are still lovin' it!

Ahhhh

We are sad you left too!