TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by redlaten See Profile

Good "None"
Bad "Poor response time (7days), Dependent on Rogers, Cannot Diagnose problem unless you are home"
Overall "Do not get this crappy ISP"

This is the crappiest ISP I have ever known.

They say their response time is 1 day but actually their resolution time is 7 days. When you call, (wait time is 1hour 3mins) you need to follow all their instructions and read the outputs so they can "log in the records" so they can escalate to Rogers (can't they read the modem settings from their end?). This means even if you have already told them all their modem lights are out except the power light and that you have properly power cycled the modem, you still need to go through their ritual to get a technician service your line. If you cannot be home to do all their ritual checks, you can't be serviced.

Since by this time it is obvious the service was dead, they said they will schedule a Rogers technician to come over, they will give you three options on three separate business days. I have done this type of call 4 times this year and all the time they will say Rogers had selected the last available date (so including Saturday and Sunday) which is actually the 6th day already that you had no connection.

After the reconnection they called back 2 days after. I said the connection this time was intermittent but they said they cannot diagnose if I'm not at home. Another call to them with similar long wait time upon reaching the house they would say they will schedule again, of course they chose to service it 1 week after the call again.

In just less than a year, I have had 5 service requests and still my internet is still not working right. I use the internet to telecommute and these people don't really care that you are not able to do so because they won't do their jobs properly.

I'm planning to switch to Start Communications. Hopefully they will be a better ISP.

Comments:

TSI Danielle
join:2012-05-31

re: your review

Thank you for leaving your review. I apologize that the service did not fit your needs.

The troubleshooting we do when you are having an issue with your internet is required by the vendors to dispatch a technician. It would be the same with any ISp, including the vendors themselves.

I apologize that the the time to get a technician out to your location to fix the issue was longer than we'd like, but with issues in several major centres we do push to get the soonest dispatches that we can.

If you would like us to have a look at your account, could you please post your informaton in our Direct Support forum:
»TekSavvy Direct

Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·TekSavvy Cable
ALL providers use ROGERS or Bell or whoever the local cable/phone company is. If you want full end to end service, you have to pay extra and use Bell or Rogers directly. This is how the CRTC set up the system, and just how it works. This doesn't downplay any issues you have, but it's not a fault of Teksavvy that Rogers or Bell are not playing ball. You can thank the system currently setup. This is why there is a complaint currently at the CRTC.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
What makes you think Start will be any better ? They use Robbers as well . TSI seems to be their target right now as they see them as competition . But that could change any day ....

Review by JWB See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Great People, Low Price, High Bandwidth and I Get to Support 'The Little Guy'"
Bad "Subject to Incumbent Abuse on the 'Last Mile'"
Overall "I Sould Have Switched Sooner - Much Sooner!"

And so draws to an end my second day with my new ISP ..... Teksavvy, TS. So what do I think so far? Well, read on and find out!

On My Last ISP

Yea I know, this should be about my new ISP, but it’s my ink and my paper so I’ll put here what I want to! OK?!

Years ago my father gave me some advice which for most of my life I've chosen to follow, straying occasionally, but generally heeding his words .... "If you can't say anything nice about someone it's best not to say anything at all". So, regarding my last, Ontario based ISP I'll simply abide by his advice, say nothing, and make him proud!

Now, that said and out of the way, I just want to tell you a few things about that outfit that I just left........naw, can’t do it, just can't bring myself to do it!!

On Ordering from TS

Immediately upon giving my last ISP the 30 day notice I was on the blower with TS speaking with a customer rep named Amy, my memory serving me correctly. She was very nice to speak with, polite and attentive to what I was saying. When I told her I was considering the 35Mbps x 300Gb/mo plan she inquired as to what I would be using the internet for. I responded to her question and she advised me that I would probably find the 25Mbps x 300 GB/mo adequate for my needs, if it didn't work out, we could always upgrade. Imagine that, a customer service rep 'downselling'! (The last joker I was doing business would never do that, trust me!) I took her advice and the rest of our conversation went smoothly. I was advised of the terms and conditions and the costs involved all of which I agreed with and settled with a credit card.

Within an hour I received an e-mail confirmation re my conversation with Amy and I responded accordingly.

A day or two later the modem arrived at the local post office and I picked it up.

A couple of days following my conversation with Amy I received a phone call from another TS rep who again confirmed my personal details and order. After this conversation I sat back and waited.

A week or so passed before I received a third call, this time advising me that my last ISP would not accept TS’s request for a simple change over, ie a modem swap out as they said they had no record of my address having their internet service installed. Strange, let me assure you that their billing department sure had the address down pat and had it for a decade plus or minus! Whatever, this was not a real problem for TS who advised me they would simply withdrew their initial request for a modem swap and in place enter a request for a new service installation at my residence.

The next day another call came advising that everything was again on track and I was given three possible dates for the tech to come and the timeframes to choose from. I selected the date immediately following my termination date with my last ISP and requested the 08:00 am – 11:00 am timeframe.

I heard nothing else until yesterday morning when the installation tech arrived in my driveway and from there it all went down like poop through a goose! The tech, contracted by my last ISP, showed up within minutes of 08:00 and he was great, couldn't have been a nicer guy! He checked the box outside my house, removed a non-required splitter left there some years back, cleaned the ground connection and put a new orange tag on the line. Next, in the house, he set up the modem and my router. Within fifteen minutes I was up and running!

But wait! To my surprise I wasn’t finished, or perhaps better said, my last ISP wasn’t finished. Around noon I received another knock on my door. It was a second tech, also a contract person working for my last ISP, who had been sent out to place a blue tag on my line. Unbelievable! This led me to wondering just what was wrong with the first tech doing that, why one tech for orange tags and one for blue, somebody color blind or does my old ISP have money to burn? Whatever.......

The Service

I’ve been connected at this point for near 36 hours, all is as stable as had been with the last incumbent’s service. Browsing, e-mail, Netflix, all moving along as one would expect. Couldn’t ask for anything better, very pleased indeed! And oh, the speed, just a hair, a blond one at that, below advertised. I guess a nit picker would be on the trumpet to TS complaining, but I ain't no trumpet player!

Summary

So, there it is for what it’s worth. I look forward to a continued good relationship with TS well into the future. Thank you to all TS staff for making this possible, two big thumbs up!

PS

Connection Reliability, Technical Support and Services not rated, would be premature at this point.....

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Jwb,

Thank you for the wonderful review!!! I am very happy to have been enjoying the service for a few days now. I am also very happy that there was no issue with your installation, I am delighted to see that there was follow-up with you while we were scheduling the appointment. I am also happy to see the technician that came to your home ensured everything was connected and working and was friendly.

If you have any questions or concerns please send us a message through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we are always happy to help!

Thanks again for this great review and please keep us posted on your TekSavvy services.

DavePC

join:2013-08-18
Scarborough, ON
·Start Communicat..

Re: Review

The orange tag is for TPIA... however the blue tag means service disconnection! This means the tech has placed a tag authorizing whoever comes back to cut your entire houses cable!

There is a TPIA tag, and he may just hook it up to the TPIA signal, but if you want to make sure, put a piece of paper in a ziplock bag or something like that, and tape it onto the demarc saying:

TPIA SERVICE: DO NOT DISCONNECT.
JWB

join:2013-09-12
Canada

Re: Review

I only have one cable in the box, it's the TPIA service. No TV cable at all, it got the 'deep six' years back. For TV I use Shaw satellite, no wires in box for them...... I will also do as you note, thanks!

Review by cameler1989 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Excellent signal strength, superior speed, outstanding customer service"
Bad "Helpless at times, provides service over Rogers infrastructure, unreliable"
Overall "A great alternative for those that want great speeds at affordable prices, you DO HAVE TO COMPROMISE over realiability though."

Signed up for TSI cable internet in March, the service was up and running very quickly and I was pleased with the process.

I received excellent speeds... over the advertised number in fact, and I could not have been happier with the service.

However, the internet suddenly went out on August the 18th.

What followed was a real live example of the troubles and struggles customers have with TSI because of the incumbent providers. First, in order to receive support I had to have the latest firmware running on the modem.

Apparently, they did not have the ability to push an update through directly to the modem. Anyways, the modem swap took a week. Then after the swap, I had to have the modem provisioned by Rogers. This took another TWO WEEKS believe it or not. They said Rogers was extremely busy at the time and nothing could be done to help me out. Escalations were not answered.

After that, the new modem was provisioned and yet I still didn't have a signal to my apartment. I decided to call again and have a Rogers technician come to my home and fix the issue. This took ANOTHER WEEK.

So, in total, I was out of service from August the 18th to September the 18th. A whole month.

The final reason for the outage? It wasn't anything to do with TSI, it was a Rogers technician that suddenly got the urge to disconnect me from the cable utility box on the outside of my apartment building because I was not a cable TV customer with Rogers. The poor buggers thought I was leaching their TV?

I don't even have a TV in my home because I don't waste my life watching advertisements like a loser.

So, I believe they were sending me a message... sign up with our cable TV OR ELSE. Message received Rogers, message received.

Once my apartment was reconnected I was back to the great speeds and all was well.

I stayed as a customer because I honestly couldn't believe what was happening. In this day and age, where there are free wi fi connections for the general public in progressive places such as Seoul, Korea and others, here I was forced into buying a secondary DSL connection just to make sure I was online to do my business.

Throughout the process, I was in touch with real actual English speaking Canadians that made the ordeal a little easier to handle.

Anyways, I have no problems with Teksavvy as a company. They offer superior and unbeatable data transfer rates at speeds that are adequate for any techie or person that downloads stuff like steam games or movies off Netflix... They just get manhandled sometimes by the big guys in the room that like to cuddle with them without consent.

I am greatly saddened however, to see something as vital as infrastructure held in private hands. The internet is becoming something we can't live without, like the 401 and 427 that people take to work.

No, I don't want my damn internet to be like the 407. It should be free to all. The conglomerates are making a KILLING providing slow speeds at impossibly low bandwidth caps.

I love Teksavvy because I don't have to think about how much I download, the speed is great, and the Signal itself... is ROCK solid where I live.

Keep up the good fight, I'll hang on as your customer for as long as there aren't better alternatives out there.

By the numbers I have to give TSI a 3 star rating for service. Being out for as long as I was is completely unacceptable. Everything else is great as far as I'm concerned.

member for 1 year, 60 visits, last login: 178 days ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Cameler1989,

Thank you for the review! I am happy to see you have been enjoying the service for a while with minimal issues. It is unfortunate you were having an issue when our vendor was taking quite some time to respond to us. We do apologize for those delays during the back to school period this year. Now that the service is back up for you I’m happy to see you are receiving a solid connection. This is wonderful to see.

If you have any questions in the future please message us through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are happy to assist.

Thanks again for this review and please keep us posted on your TekSavvy Journey!

Review by nightowl See Profile

Good "good so far!!! don't have to worry about data capps!!!"
Bad "if you have cable you will be on rogers 2nd tier system"
Overall "get it!!!"

I was with Rogers since 2004 which was ultra reliable after they replaced my modem with a Motorola 3 months in. In 2008 after they introduced there data caps is when there QOS went into the toilet. I am a IT professional and download allot of Linux/MS OS's as well as depend on VPN's. This all started to get throttled big time. My rates also went up steadily. At the end I was paying 72$ for 32 down/1 up and 80 gig cap (funny how speeds and price would go up but my cap would stay the same. This was ridiculous and I didn't want to renegotiate every 6 months with Rogers to keep the price down.

In September 2012, gave my 30 day notice to Rogers to cancel my internet. I Bought a cable modem from a buddy at work that switched to teksavvy DSL. Called up TSI and ordered my package. CSR was polite and I was able to understand her (anybody that has dealt with bell knows what i mean)!!!! Connected the modem when i got home from work on my Rogers disconnection date and boom I have teksavvy internet!!! Painless!!! Note: they will charge an extra $60 startup fee and $100 to buy the modem so first month will be expensive!

Just to note that I did have an internet outage from 15:30 till 17:30 however the CEO of the company is on this site and did post a message about it and what to do after the service was restored (awesome!! let’s see the CEO of Rogers do that!). So the corp. guys do care!!

So just to recap....

Rogers:
32meg down / 1 meg up, 80 gig/month down/up limit = $72 after taxes and cable modem rental ($2)

teksavvy:
32 down / 1 up, 300 gig/month down/up limit = $53 after taxes

You do the math

It’s worth it just to not worry about the stupid caps!!

Update - 2013/10/08
It has been a year with TS. I've only had 2 major outages and one was due to a major fiber cut due to construction. I have also updated my connection to the 45/4 plan which was painless since I did it online.

Beware! If you do have a problem physical problem, it will take rogers 24 to 48 hours just to look at the TS trouble ticket, then a couple of days to send there tech's over (rogers is screwing TS due to all the customers they are loosing).

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Nightowl,

Thank you for the review! I am happy you have been enjoying our services for a little over a year now. I am very happy to see everything went smoothly with the transfer during your installation date. This is fantastic to see!

I’m also very ecstatic to see you have had consistent service the duration of the time you have been with us (other than the Fibre line cut) and I do hope you were you were not too inconvenienced when the Fibre cut occurred. We certainly worked diligently to have that repaired ASAP for all our affected customers.
If you have any questions or concerns we can always be reached in the Direct Forum and are always happy to help!

Thank you again for this wonderful review and please keep us posted on your TekSavvy Journey.

Review by Bugblndr See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Always up, always full speed, fast install"
Bad "None thus far"
Overall "Bigger cap and a cheaper price than Cogeco"

·TekSavvy DSL
I've had 20/2 service for over a month now on Cogeco. Ordered during the beta on a Monday, received my modem on the Tuesday, plugged it in and it was working immediately, even though the install date was still 10 days away.

I've had zero downtime and always my full speed since day 1.

Update: Full speed continues to be in effect 24/7. Instead of 2 Mb up, I've been increased to 10 Mb up, all at the same price as before.

member for 4.1 years, 1917 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI MartinP
join:2012-11-22

Your Review

Thank you for your review.

Its great to hear that your beta service is going better than you expected and with little/no downtime is always great.

We hope that you continue enjoying the services and appreciate your feedback on the Beta services.

Review by MikeyPC See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Great speeds, friendly service"
Bad "Nothing yet"
Overall "Great alternative to the big telecoms"

Called to set up the connection about 2 weeks before the move. Was able to get a date for 2 days after the move. Technician showed up bright and early, was very friendly. He asked where I would like it installed, and he made it happen. Tucked the wires neatly along the wall, made sure there was a great signal and even showed me the signal levels to ensure I was happy.

Modem took about 10 minutes to set itself up and after that I was surfing at 31/10. Looks like Videotron gives a little extra speed to ensure we get the speeds we're paying for unlike Rogers where it's almost always under the profile speeds.

Thanks TekSavvy!

note: I will update this if anything happens in the future

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Hi MikeyPC,

Thanks for the great review! Very happy to hear that everything went well! We are definitely happy to have you as a customer and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Cheers,

Review by pldube See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "illimité!"
Bad "rien trouver encore de mauvais chez TSI"

·Bell Fibe
·Videotron
Après 12 ans chez Vidéotron, j'ai fais le meilleure changement possible ! 30 Mbits illimité! 3x plus rapide et 6$ moins cher que le 8 Mbits illimité du Vidéotron Affaire.

Update 2013: Augmentation de 20$ quand les autres ont seulement 3$ d'augmentation pour le même forfait (vitesse et limite)

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Merci

Bonjour,

Merci pour le mise à jour sur votre revue. Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît préciser si vous dites votre taux a augmenté de 20 $ avec nous ou si Vidéotron l'on fait?

Merci,

Andre
pldube

join:2011-06-11

Re: Merci

c'était lors de la hausse salé du mois de mai ... depuis je suis avec Bell avec un 175Mbits pour le même prix et illimité

Review by kimks3 See Profile

• Location: Richmond Hill,ON
Good "Pre-sales info is decent, depending on the rep you speak with"
Bad "Anything and everything is Rogers' fault."
Overall "My 25/2 mbps plan has been 0/0 mbps for the past week"

Warning: Incoming wall of text:

I've lurked on DSLR for the past several months in search of an ISP to replace Bell, who are still offering a paltry 6Mbit connection in my neighborhood, with caps that are nothing short of pathetic. Since I don't have a landline, cable is what I chose to go with, and Teksavvy's favorable reviews made me sign up with them some 2+ weeks ago.

My install date was set for today, December 1st, and I contacted Bell to terminate my DSL connection on this date, but only after checking and re-checking with Teksavvy to ensure that: (a) the connection will be ready for use upon completion of installation, and (b) the technician would be able to install a new coax jack in the house, as the only one we have is hooked up to a satellite dish. Both the TV provider and TSI reps recommended that a splitter/joiner not be used.

(By the way, I did not have to give Bell 30 day notice as there is an upcoming price increase and I was able to cancel the service on a date of my choosing, per their terms of service, since I did not agree with their changes)

Anyway, the Rogers tech arrived at 2:30pm, only calling me once he was right outside my house. No big deal; he entered and after taking one look at where I had planned to connect the modem, he told me that it wouldn't be possible because there was only one coax jack, and he did not have to (read: did not want to) do any drilling/fishing of wires, saying it was "not on the work order".

He claims that since I was not a Rogers customer and with a reseller, I would have to pay $125(!!) if I wanted him to install a new jack in the wall. Not only was he extremely rude, but he also had the audacity to tell me I would be better off using Bell, saying that the best he could do is connect the modem in my basement. I obviously declined as all my other devices requiring hardwire Ethernet connections are on the ground and upper floors.

He left after all of five minutes, but did say he would be in the area and told me to call if I worked something out with Teksavvy or I chose to pay the $125.

I first called my television provider, who said that they would send out a tech first thing tomorrow (Dec 2nd) to install a separate jack for their dish at no charge (excellent support considering this provider is "Bhell"). They said I was free to have Teksavvy rewire my current jack with their network, which shouldn't be hard since I had Rogers cable TV up until just 2 months ago, and all the wiring is still in my basement.

I called the technician and he said he would revisit to hook up the current jack for use with TSI. He mentioned something about checking his work order, then hung up as I asked what time he will arrive by. That was the last I heard from this technician and he never did return. All calls since have gone to voicemail.

I contacted Teksavvy, and was told that the technician should have installed a new connector, and the fact that they did not was "unfortunate". Rogers support of course wasn't willing to help since I was not their customer.

Teksavvy tells me that they are not permitted to contact the technician or even speak to anyone at dispatch. I was offered a new install date on the 4th which was the earliest day possible. Every time I had a problem with Bell, they would send someone out the next day, even on Sundays.

The fact that I will have no internet for 4 days was, again, "unfortunate". I spoke with a supervisor who offered me a whole ten dollars for the inconvenience. Refund on the $65 installation fee? Sorry, not available. TSI was kind enough to let me know that the second technician will be sent at no charge. Wonderful.

I can't wait to get my cellular bill after 4 days of tethering by a household of 5, not to mention I will have to take a day off to sit around at home for another tech on the 4th, who might maybe sorta do the job this time, if they feel like it. If they don't, I guess I'll be in the dark for another few days and get ten bucks off my bill to make up for it.

Since I don't trust Teksavvy telling me that the new technician (who may very well be the same guy from today) will install the jack and run a new wire, I will have "Bhell" come tomorrow to run a new line for their dish. Bell might be expensive, but their support is top notch and I can often get most problems taken care of in 15 minutes using their live chat. Teksavvy's hold times are usually longer than this, and telephone is the only method of real time support.

While it may have been the Rogers technician that caused this problem, I was still disappointed by the complete lack of communication and control Teksavvy had (can't even talk with the person installing your services for your customer?!), and the laughable "compensation" offered for what is a major waste of time and money for me.

I paid Teksavvy for Teksavvy Internet; to me, the "middleman" Rogers is more or less irrelevant. If they cause problems, it still = a poor experience with TSI.

I almost never write reviews, but my tethered connection is so slow, I don't have much else to do but try to share my experience...

The current ratings reflect the service (or lack thereof) I received as of Dec 1. I will change them to reflect any updates, and will hopefully improve. I was so excited to finally get a connection that isn't slower than what most third world countries have...

---

TL;DR: Technician didn't do what they were supposed to, waited whole day to find out install will have to be redone 4 days later. 4 days of no internet. Given 10 bucks for "unfortunate" situation. Rogers is evil, everything is their fault.

************

Dec 2 Update: Bell came by and installed a new direct coax line to the satellite dish in 10 minutes. The existing jack is *finally* ready to be used with TSI.

Install date however has been pushed back another day because I called to inquire about checking any earlier timeframes, even early mornings/late evenings--this meant I had to "forefeit" the Dec 4th date, and as luck would have it, the new date is now Dec 5th between 8 to 11. The joys of booking dates & times indirectly...

*******************

Sept 2013 update: The sheer number of long widespread downtime and poor service make it impossible for me to leave even a marginal rating.

After 2 days of downtime, I called earlier this morning, waited no less than 49 minutes before talking to a human, to be told they can credit me around a dollar per day, starting today, because that's when I called to report that the service wasn't working.

Comments:

sad eh

@videotron.ca

No refund again.

So after all that, did you get your refund? Or did teksavvy say too bad for you once again? Not giving people proper service or giving people their money back is a very obvious trend and game that we have been seeing for a good year.

Have you considered doing a charge-back with your credit card company to get your money back? Or filing a complaint with the CCTS?

You might want to consider both these avenues to get your money back, and don't settle for anything less than a full refund. How much time & money have you wasted so far on this and getting nothing but a big mobile bill?

No service and no refund is a trend with this company if you take the time to review it.
kimks3

join:2012-12-01
Richmond Hill, ON

Re: No refund again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have not looked into reversing my payment or otherwise cancelling service (yet), because I still need internet, and setting up with Start/distributel/etc would take even longer. I invested too much time and money into TSI to ditch them now, and I am sure they are happy to hear that...

If I am unhappy with the connection, or if there are any further problems, I am ready to jump ship even if it means I have to eat the $100+ I paid already.

sad eh

@videotron.ca

Re: No refund again.

I can see how you just want it to work and just not bother with the hassles. But no one will do anything about it and this situation unless you do go through the hassle, sad to say.

But, in reference to your other post down below, +1 to you for standing your ground kimks3.

You can see how these situations end up by checking this, »Teksavvy sucks

and this »No Show Techs. Share your Experience

Personally, i'm not one to nickel and dime some company for compensation. But we have all had this happen to us time and time again. No end in sight. And the industry (ie Teksavvy) just doesn't care enough about you to bother bringing the issues to the CRTC, yet the owner will go ape sh*t to make sure they get your money and not refund it, as seen in the first link provided.

Something doesn't smell right in stinkville. And yes, they have a mechanism for charge-backs already in place but a few years ago they stated the cost to them in man-power outweighed them doing charge-backs. Both Teksavvy (Rocky when he was CEO) and Acanac stated this. But The current CEO, Marc, seems to state now that this isn't so. But I don't believe it. It's up to them to get it back. You already lost a day of work and will now lose another day of work. But don't dare ask for a refund.. OMG... those are fighting words to teksavvy and they will blacklist you (as seen in the first link provided).

That is what's sad about all this.

So +1 to you, but I say make it a hassle. Maybe after enough people b*tch and moan and demand their money back will the industry (ie teksavvy) do something about it. Right now they are not and just trying to simply refuse refunds. It really isn't right.

BTW, feel free to add your experience to the topic we have going (2nd link).

TSIElizabeth
join:2012-08-20

Response.

Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I can definitely understand your perspective in the matter and why you're frustrated. The fact that you have satallite TV should have been known, as it does make a difference in installation requirements. I have already sent this information off to our Quality Assurance department to ensure everyone is informed of this. There are many benefits to being with a third party provider like us, bigger bandwidth, lower price, no contract, no cancellation fees, no throttling, etc. However, because we do not own the infrastructure that the installations need to be performed on, our install times are not as convenient as the owner of the infrastructure. There is little we can do about this. It is not that we are trying to inconvenience you further, this is just the soonest we could have done this.

Our communication with Rogers is not ideal, and we do not have contact with the technicians that perform the installs. We do not try and blame Rogers as you are completely correct: if they cause problems= still a poor experience with us. We just try to be completely transparent in the matter to try and give you an exact idea of what is going on. I apologize if you feel the credit is laughable, however, something that needs to be understood is that we charged a very large portion of what we charge you for the monthly service. That $65 is charged by Rogers to us in full for the activation, which is why we were unable to engulf it. We cannot credit like the incumbents as we do not charge the extra amounts to give larger credits. Again, I'm not trying to provide an excuse but transparency for you to understand why certain actions were taken. I hope this situation resolves for you, and I'd love to have a look into your account. So please feel free to message us in the direct forum in order to have a look over your account to ensure all the proper steps were taken.
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."
kimks3

join:2012-12-01
Richmond Hill, ON

Re: Response.

I appreciate the somewhat generic reply, but TSI need not "own" the infrastructure or technicians to ensure that its customer doesn't have to wait around for days for an installation which should have taken no more than an hour.

I don't care whether the $65 goes directly to Rogers or to Teksavvy's CEO's toaster replacement fund. I paid TSI to install and activate my service; whether or not Rogers is contracted to do this doesn't concern me.
Any sensible person would tell me to demand at least a portion of this be returned, if the technician not only does nothing but come and waste my time, but cause to live without internet access--which the UN deems a basic human right--for days.

Since it is Rogers that messed this up, it boggles my mind why TSI does not seek compensation from them.
If I pay the post office to ship merchandise to a customer, and the postal service messes up and loses the item, it would be ridiculous for me to refuse to refund the buyer "because I used their money for postage and the cost of the merchandise".
I would immediately refund the buyer and seek compensation from the post, just as TSI should from Rogers.

I'm not interested in posting in the direct forum, which just seems like a way to reduce the likelihood of prospective customers from seeing issues like this. You can find my account with the postal code L4E3V8.

Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Info

Hi kimks3,

I am really sorry to hear about your experience, Phil, our escalations manager and I have been talking about your case and we would like to do a deeper dive with Rogers.

Could you please PM me your account details so I can reach out to Rogers about your situation.

Also, please keep me posted on how the visit goes today.

Once I have more info, I will reach out to you with my findings.

Thanks,

Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

huakimhoaya

@mnsi.net

Tech support

When you need tech support with Teksavvy is very bad. I made to many call only machine talking and took too long waiting on line. Not like Teksavvy 5 years ago. If the tech support like that how can we solve the problem

Review by av2013 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Advertised 150/10 + Unlimited Uploads"
Bad "Modem was supposed to be provisioned on Sept 9th. Still Nothing."
Overall "Speeds are amazing and great value for the money but don't expect to get activated in any resonable amount of time."

I am switching from rogers to teksavvy. Purchased a new modem from TekSavvy and they promised it will be provisioned on Sept 9th. I still have no internet and when i call in to talk to support I have to wait for like 1-2 hrs before someones answers and then the agents are pretty much useless as they can't get anything done. I am told an escalation has been made to rogers to get the modem provisioned.

I will update this, if and when I get internet service with TekSavvy

##UPDATE##

My modem was activated Sept 21 and I have had amazing speeds since then. My last speed test was 146Mbps Down/ 9.76 Mbps Up, which is pretty much what was promised. I am loving the service but it was just a huge headache getting the modem activated as I was without internet for 12 days.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Hi anthanv,

Very sorry about the experience you are having so far. I'd like to take a look at your account and see where we currently are. Could you please PM me your account information?

Hi anthanv,

Happy to hear the service is running to expectation. Very sorry it took this long to have your modem provisioned. Our vendor had a lot of delays in actioning our requests around that time. We have seen some faster response times from them lately. If there is anything we can do to help, please, feel free to ask!

Review by geokilla See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "300GB usage cap. Unlimited usage between 2am and 8am. At the moment, no problems."
Bad "Gotta contact Teksavvy via Direct Forums. Unlimited usage between 2am to 8am"
Overall "Not recommended. Too many problems for many new and existing customers."

I was previously a Rogers Express cable Internet customer and I didn't want to pay Rogers more for less. Their 60GB and 80GB (usage insurance) cap wasn't cutting it for me. Luckily, my contract ended and I owned my modem, so I was able to set up a transfer to Teksavvy for their Extreme cable service. When I submitted my order, I didn't receive anything from Teksavvy, so I was in the dark. I was forced to contact Teksavvy via the Direct Forums to figure out what was going on and if everything was fine. Luckily it was.

Being a transfer customer, I expected some downtime. I was originally scheduled to have my Teksavvy Extreme service activated on March 2, 2011, but it didn't come online until March 3 because Rogers had not released my DPC2100R2 modem yet. However I was able to get excellent support from the Teksavvy Direct Forums. If I didn't know about DSL Reports, I probably would've been quite annoyed with the technical support and service I was receiving.

Anyways, my Teksavvy service has been up and running for 10 days now, which I think is enough time to give a review. Despite using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, I'm getting better speeds than when I was on Rogers Express. However as expected, there's a bit of congestion during peak hours. This is probably due to the fact that I'm using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, and that there are a lot of new Teksavvy users causing congestion at the POI (phubs?). As far as reliability goes, well everything is pretty smooth. Haven't experienced any disconnecting issues or anything like that. I hope it stays this way too, but since we're at the mercy of Rogers, anything can happen.

UPDATE APRIL 17, 2012

A lot of congestion now. I'm getting nowhere close to my 15/1 speeds that I'm paying for. Getting more like 2/1. I understand the problem and the congestion, but I'm starting to get sick and tired of this. Teksavvy needs to act quick or they're going to lose customers, especially less knowledgeable ones.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 23, 2012 (?)

Teksavvy keeps on blaming Rogers for the lack of POI upgrades when it was Teksavvy that oversubscribed and now the POIs are congested. They are saying how it's Rogers who are not doing the upgrades as scheduled and that they cannot do anything about it but to contact them via e-mail because it is the only method allowed. Well Teksavvy needs to do something about it. I am paying Teksavvy for a service, not Rogers. The staff I have dealt with here are very knowledgeable and nice, but it just annoys me when I don't get what I paid for.

UPDATE OCTOBER 17, 2012 (?)

Been a while since the POI upgrades and while speeds have improved, I'm still not getting the full speeds I'm paying for.

UPDATE OCTOBER 1, 2013

Another update. I have been on ATPIA on their 25/2 service for quite some time now. I also updated to a Motorola SB6120 a long time ago. Basically everything is going relatively well for me, so I consider myself lucky. My neighbours down the street are having constant problems with Teksavvy Internet. A while back, I was facing ping spikes in SC2 at night and Teksavvy claimed everything was fine. Because they claimed everything was fine, it must be fine! Then suddenly, these ping spikes disappeared and all is well again. Not impressed with what I'm receiving from Teksavvy in terms of customer support.

member for 3.5 years, 1142 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

kingslayer

@teksavvy.com

UBB

write to your member of parliament against UBB and about reforming CRTC into an not for profit organization where bell/rogers/telus/shaw/videotron does not pay them.

DO it now!