TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by davey6693 See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "Easy Install, no speed issues in first six months"
Bad "Slight anxiety with phone number port"
Overall "Very good service at good price"

We joined Teksavvy (TSI) at right around the time that various line upgrades were being performed in the GTA (I'm in KW), and against a backdrop of various levels of vitriol against the company from those who had issues with their connections, I decided to wait six months before posting anything.

Now that we are at that point, I have nothing but good things to say about the reliability of the service. Apart from one issue in the fall attributed to a failure by Rogers, we've had our 45/4 speed the whole way. I have not had to call tech support except to get our TekTalk number set up to dial out internationally, and on that one experience it was a short time on the phone followed by a swift fix.

If we ever have to call for a line related issue I'll post again. The one thing TSI cannot control is their dependence on Rogers to fix infrastructure issues. Rogers really has nothing to gain from swift, efficient service to what amounts to their competitor, and so from my observations of dozens of other accounts, Rogers are often poor in responding to issues both in terms of speed and quality of resolution. As the customer pays TSI, you see more often that not that the customer yells at TSI, when frequently TSI's hands are tied.

We took the opportunity to boot Bell out of our house entirely and took up the TekTalk service at the same time, and that has also been very good. Our Bill dropped to $16 per month for phone service, and hasn't missed a beat.

As we all know, the Do Not Call list is frequently ignored by telemarketers and (because it doesn't apply to them) charities who cold call. While I'm certainly not anti-charity, I prefer to give rather than be solicited. With TekTalk you can add any number to your blocked list. Anyone blocked receives a message indicating that you're not receiving the calls, and your phone never rings. I Love that! You can see on the call log who has tried to call you if you wish, and it's good to see a barrage from one number trickle away as they finally give up.

The one thing that almost lost us our number is something TSI should include in large font in their instructions to those porting a number:

IF YOU CALL BELL TO CANCEL THE LAND LINE YOURSELF, YOUR NUMBER WILL BE GONE FOREVER. IF YOU WANT TO PORT YOUR NUMBER TO TEKTALK, YOU MUST ALLOW TSI TO CANCEL THE LINE ON YOUR BEHALF.

It's easy to be in a situation I was, where I notified Bell that my internet needed cancelling. At the same time I told them they could kill the phone as well, and had to frantically un-cancel the landline a week later, once I learned of the above.

All in all a very happy customer who is glad to have made the switch.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Hello Davey,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us so far. I'm glad to hear that other than the hiccup in the fall your service has been performing well and as expected

I'm glad you had no difficulty adding international calling to your TekTalk and am especially glad to you were able to save your number! Our phone agents should definitely be advising customer's looking to keep their number not to cancel it with their current provider, and I'll be passing this feedback on to see about detailing the process more for people who are just looking into the service as they may end up cancelling their service prior to reaching out to us to place an order.

Thanks again for your feedback, have a great day!
Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Review by BuddyRich See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "No contract. Competant staff. Open communication with customers. "
Bad "Reseller so ultimately no control over certain issues... at mercy of incumbent"
Overall "If you want a No BS IISP, who goes to bat for the consumer vs. incumbents, there are none better."

Ive been with this ISP since 2007. Been through 3 moves with them and never any problems. I get my advertised speed with minimal downtown, and a generous cap, that has yet to be enforced, though this will be enforced shortly. The best part was everyone was given ample warning from the CEO himself here at DSLR. One of the best things about this IISPs is the open communication here in the forums at DSLR with all levels of this IISPs staff.

They have constantly fought for the consumer against the incumbents at CRTC hearings, as well as against copyright lawsuits on behalf of their clients. They respect your privacy and will not roll over short of a court order.

The only negative is that they are at the mercy of the incumbents on getting things fixed if needed as the SLA process makes for some longer turnaround times than is ideal for something as critical as internet service has become.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE:Review

Hello BuddyRich,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

We certainly appreciate your kind words. Glad to hear everything is working great as advertised!
If you have any questions, you can certainly get in touch with us at any time.

Thanks again for this great review.

Review by mischief007 See Profile

• Location: Ingersoll,ON
Good "Easy setup via phone call, tech showed up during window, installed everything properly, no issues with the connection so far"
Overall "Reasonably priced and caters to the geeks out there"

I ordered cable for my new home. Called and everything went smoothly over the phone to order my cable connection. Contracted tech came out and installed the line properly and quickly. Hooked up the modem and everything was fine. Got a call from an account rep and made sure everything was good.

I get the speeds I'm paying for and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I know if I do have issues, Teksavvy will be there. This is why I've always been a customer and my parents have Teksavvy as well.

Thanks Teksavvy for being reasonably priced.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Mischief007,

Thank you for the wonderful review! This is so lovely to read I am so very happy to hear that your installation went smoothly and you had no issues. It is also very nice to see that your speeds are where they should be and you’re having no issues with the service.

Thank you again for this wonderful review, if you have any questions or concerns or comments please reach out to us through our Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct . We are more than happy to help you.

Thanks again
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Cheers for posting the review

Review by ddduser See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "acceptable cap limit"
Bad "connection reliability and support"
Overall "avoid"

CABLE 6 Mb package with 300 gb limit
Very bad connection reliability. Connection is stalling every few minutes
When you get a hold of a tech representative they are indeed patient and respectful but this does not help me with my problem.
The speed is constantly less than half of what we are paying.
We were previously DSL clients of Teksavvy and the quality of service was even worse than for cable

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your Review

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We understand that not everyone one is knowledgeable on how the internet works & how issues may not always be obvious on resolving. There are definitely many things to be verified when troubleshooting an issue.

That said, if you could possibly get in touch with us via the »TekSavvy Direct forum, I would like to see what has been done by our techs & see if we can help you out get to the bottom of your issue.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Leathal
join:2002-02-09
canada

Re: Your Review

This client makes two very good points that Teksavvy needs to work on if they want to stay in business.

1. Tech support is painful. Waiting time are atrocious. They call you back after more than 24 hr when you are obviously away.
2. The troubleshooting is a very long and complicated process that requires considerable work and knowledge on client side.

The MSP that I work for has been around for 25 years, and has never left clients waiting for their call back for more than 2 hours. And I have pointed out the 2nd issue before in the forums if you are providing the service you sure as hell better be doing MOST of the leg work trouble shooting issues your clients have because MOST not all will have a hard time turning on their computers, getting their email or surfing the web, to expect them to do all the trouble shooting will upset up enough that they'll leave Teksavvy. I am Senior L2 Tech at the MSP I work at, so I simply refuse to do your homework for you as I am the paying the customer, paying you for the service that I expect to work, and I expect to be respected just like all your other clients do.

Andrew

Pat

@pppoe.ca

Unstable Teksavvy

I currently have teksavvy and I have lost the connection more than I can remember. Since I have cable internet and know that TS is on Rogers lines I thought that I would call Rogers to see if it was just TS that was down. And it was the only one that was down. Long story short I may be wrong with by saying that it's Rogers fault but either way teksavvy has been terrible with service and time spent waiting and working with the techs is simply not worth it. Currently shopping for a new, more reliable ISP.

Re: Unstable Teksavvy

Hello Pat,

Thank you for your message.
We can certainly get to the bottom of your connections issues and see where the issue lies. Troubleshooting will be required.

Please post a message in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum. We can have a look at your account assist you further with the issues that you are experiencing.

Review by El Quintron See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Amazing Speeds, Much improved installation Coordination"
Bad "No affordable unlimited service"
Overall "Higher Speeds, First World internet from a great provider"

·TekSavvy DSL
Got my TSI Cable APOI TPIA hooked up today, I ordered it about a week ago.

My install slot was today, between 11 am and 2 pm, the tech showed up at 11 am sharp, he was here for 15 mins, connected it, and I was up 15 mins later.

The speeds are phenomenal, and it's nice to finally have first world internet speeds in Canada at an affordable price, and from a decent internet provider like Teksavvy.

My *only* issue so far with this service is the lack of affordable unlimited on the 150/10 service $219.95 for unlimited? Are you kidding me? but that's my only complaint, I don't usually go over 300 GB, but I usually prefer to go for the unlimited package, so I am disappointed about that.

Edit: In this thread: »BETA my account portal v2 - need your help a system will be put in place where we can opt to have reduced speeds during peak hours in exchange for a virtually uncapped service TBA.

Other than that small gripe everything else went off without a hitch and I'm now enjoying top notch TPIA from Teksavvy.

member for 6.2 years, 2670 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello El Quintron,

Thank you for the excellent review of your services and installation. It’s great to read that everything went smoothly with your installation and that your speeds are phenomenal. This is fantastic to hear!!!
I do apologize for the pricing of the unlimited 150 mbps unlimited connection; this is our newest and highest connection speed we have just introduced within the last few months.

Please continue to keep us posted on your connection.

Thank you again for the great review!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Review by SpdKilz See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Good price, speeds as advertised, good tech support."
Bad "Initial upfront costs were high, sold me an outdated modem I'd eventually replace 6 months later."
Overall "Happy that I switched to TekSavvy, cut my ISP costs in half."

I'm going to break this review down into subsections. Generally speaking I'm pretty happy with TekSavvy, but some aspects more (or less) than others.

Pre-Sales/Order information - I had been wanting to switch to TekSavvy for a while. Been with the big "B" for many years; low speeds and high prices, but I was on a grandfathered "unlimited" bandwidth plan which I took advantage of. Decided it was not worth the expense, so ordered up TekSavvy. The initial upfront costs of the modem, activation charge, and first months service were a bit of a shock ($200), but within a few months it would work itself out with the savings . I was able to choose three install dates, and I believe they ended up coming on my first choice of dates. I ordered on March 15, 2013, my modem arrived on March 19, and the tech came on March 25 (early too I might add!) to hook it up. And by hook it up, I mean spending 5 minutes making sure I plugged it in right and testing the line strength). Gave me the AOK and said he'd submit the activation request from his van. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't more than an hour or two before I had service. Everything here was good in my books

Speed/consistency - Generally, I'm pleased with the service. I opted for the 18Mb Cable Pro package ($39.95/mn), and my speeds were consistent with that. For the first few months it was fine, but starting mid/late summer, I began to see more inconsistency. I can remember one time when I was without internet for 4 days, and then again on a separate occasion for 2 days. It hasn't been down for a while, but during that time I was seriously thinking about signing up for a parallel DSL Service. Being without internet for almost a full business week isn't ideal when you're self employed and work from home. No internet = no work = no pay check.

Upgrades - This is a bit of a sore subject for me. In August 2013 I was surfing TekSavvy's website and I noticed that they now offered the 25Mb package in my area for the same price I was paying now. I submitted a request to have my speed bumped, but the reply I received was not ideal. They would be happy to upgrade my speeds, IF I purchased a new modem for $100 after tax/shipping. That was a bit of a kick in the pants, having JUST spent $100 on an apparently outdated modem in March. Why continue to sell a modem that is limited in speed? Just scrap it and make everyone buy the newer one. Sure it's more expensive (I think it was $20 more) but it sure beats having angry customers like me finding out that they can't upgrade without spending more money on another modem. I ended up declining their offer, sourcing one privately through Kijiji. I submitted a request again, which they completed extremely smoothly (read below for more info).

Tech Support - I have never had any issues with tech support (minus the modem thing above). What I've found though; is that the best way to get ahold of them is email or social media (usually Twitter). I've always got replies same day by doing this and I actually had one of my best experiences over email when it came time to switch modems. The lady I was dealing with ("Michelle") was quick to reply, and the changes occurred seamlessly and way ahead of schedule (things that were supposed to take 48 hours took 2 for example). I've never had to call them for anything. The use of Twitter & Facebook is great too...shows that they are moving forward with the times. No one wants to sit on the phone waiting anymore!

So to sum it up; TekSavvy is not perfect; but I don't expect any service providing company to be. My service for the most part has been consistent, and my dealings with tech support have been excellent and they got done what they said they would (which can't be said for other companies I've dealt with). So long as they remain to do this and provide stable/reliable speeds at lower prices than the competitors; I will remain a TekSavvy customer.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello SpdKilz,

Thank you for the review. I am happy you have been enjoying your TekSavvy service with minimal issue with installation and the service itself. We certainly do apologize for the modem issue, in regards to modems our vendor does have say in which modems they will and will not provision to their infrastructure. Our Cable vendor currently will only provision a Docsis 3.0 modem on most of our Cable speeds. This is why you were informed you would have to upgrade the modem to continue with the speed upgrade. This was not informed to you when purchasing our service initially as this new procedure was not informed to TekSavvy until it was being implemented by our vendor. We certainly do apologize for any inconvenience and it was not our intention to lead you in the wrong direction in regards to available modems for the service.

I do have to thank you again for the social media Kudos our team does work diligently to ensure all forums etc. for TekSavvy online are answered as quickly as possible. I am happy you have been able to find us here on DSlr as well.

Thanks again for this wonderful review. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to help.

Review by hsheriff See Profile

• Location: Saint-Lambert,QC
Good "Reasonable Data Caps, Reliable Internet Connection, Speeds as advertised"
Overall "No Problems, Everything as Advertised"

·ELECTRONICBOX
Signed up over a year ago, had to call a few times to get everything sorted out before signing up but everything has been perfect since then. Speeds have always been great and have had no problems whatsoever.

member for 1.8 years, 399 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

Re: review

Hello hakimsheriff,

Thank you very much for your review, Glad to hear everything is working great as advertised!

If you have any questions, you can certainly get in touch with us anytime.

Thank you.

Review by Reboot123 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Good Connection so far"
Bad "Two Monthly fee increases within 18 months, Filling online order and communication with Videotron could improve."
Overall "I would recommend Cable with Teksavvy."

29/08/2012

I went with Teksavvy over Electronic Box because their budget plan was much better (2$ cheaper and 300GB vs 50GB).

Installation on the 27th of July 2012

Pros; Great technician, very nice and on time.
12:30pm; calls says he will be there at 2pm.
1:15pm; automated call says the he is underway.
1:50-2pm; he shows up.

After he left there was still no connection, it took about 30-40min for Videotron to put the DCM475 modem on their network and then the signal kicked in.

I also got lucky that Teksavvy made an upgrade for cable in Quebec on the 26th and I got connected on the 27th, right on time.

However, some people got caught in between, hope that in order to avoid slow downs and congestion Teksavvy will take preventive measures in the future to ensure that customers will not end up by waiting for weeks.

Cons; Seems like the communication between Teksavvy and Videotron is not always 100%, had to explain that I already have tv and phone with Videotron and want to keep it and only change from dsl internet that I have with Radioactif into cable internet with Teksavvy (he grabbed the phone modem and was about to unplug it lol, also this is the first time I use cable internet), depsite the fact that I wrote that in the comment box while filling the online order, seems like no one really read it, especially since I marked it as new connection and they for some reason marked it as a transfer, but good thing that I always tend to double check and called the next day and the lady said there was a mistake, then she changed it from transfer back to new connection.

Had to wait for them to get the DCM475 back in stock.
O(._.)O

Also the waiting time on the phone for tech support with Teksavvy can be very long.

So far good connection and I hope it will remain that way, I also hope that I will not need to call Teksavvy, because the day I call them will be the day I will have connection problems xD

If there are any changes I will be updating this review.

Updating review, explanation;

I chose teksavvy because it was providing people with budget internet plans, its the 24.99$ plan (300gb and 5mb) that was appealing to me. Not even a year into getting cable with teksavvy, the plan went from 24.95$ to 29.95$, I thought to myself, welp, its still not that bad and still bit better than electronic box. Now not even a year after the last increase, we get another increase (for ppl in Québec with the same plan), from 29.95$ to $32.95. Sad part is I even got a modem from teksavvy and I was planning to stay with them for years when I first signed up. If those increases continue, will need to start looking for another ISP, hopefully teksavvy will not become like videotron.

Furthermore, I would be glad with a 150GB (instead of 300GB) 5MB plan for 29.95$, but sadly it seems that teksavvy does not give anymore many choices in terms of budget plans.

Can teksavvy not offer more variety in terms of budget plans? Instead of having something like the current 75GB VS 300GB, why not have something in the middle like a 150GB for like 29.95$ at 5mb, its just that there is too much of a big gap between 75GB and 300GB and nothing inbetween for people that go over 75GB but never go over 150GB, some updates are seriously needed.

Update:
*Good tech support online tho with the dslreports forum (with Reanne)*

Comments:

TSI Martin

Thanks for the review.

Hello,

In response to the update of your review, we understand that satisfying everyone's needs isn't always easy. In order to better understand the reasoning behind the increase, I'd like to redirect you to the following : »teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy/pol···increase

As far as the usage go, do keep in mind that our plans do not calculate the upload and you also get free downloading between 2am & 8am. If you can manage your bulks downloads during this period, I'm sure you will find that 75GB or 300GB can be plenty of usage in a month depending on your habits.

If you do have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or by calling us directly at the following : 877-779-1575

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Reboot123

join:2012-07-05
Montreal, QC
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Thanks for the review.

Hi, I understand the increases, what annoys me the most is the lack of choices in terms of budget plans, if there was at least one single plan between the 75GB and the 300GB (kinda like all or nothing), that would be nice. As for the 2am to 8am period, sadly that is impossible for me as other family members use the internet and its all during day time.

Review by JCohen See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "Getting the Advertised Speeds, 300GB Cap, No more Rogers."
Bad "N/A"
Overall "A great company and a way to stick it to the incumbents."

TekSavvy Ontario Cable
-----------------------
I ordered TekSavvy Extreme Cable on September 15, 2011 and chose September 28-30 for my activation dates. I got a confirmed install date from Rogers for September 28, 2011 between 11-2, the tech came around 11:30am. I had him run a new RG6 coax line to replace my aging RG59 to where the modem was going.

I am using a Motorola Surfboard SB5100 cable modem and I am averaging around 2.0-2.5Mb/s on multi-threaded downloads. Getting a SB6121 setup on my account sometime within the next week.

UPDATE: October 28, 2011
Just a quick update on my TekSavvy cable, the connection has been perfect without any issues in Ottawa on the Fallowfield POI. I decided against getting an SB6121 just to save the $120+tax and as such my speeds during off peak are 2.0-2.5MB/s and during peak 1.5-2.5MB/s.

UPDATE: November 23, 2011
Still going strong on the Fallowfield POI, I've been lucky and was able to miss being hit with DHCP issues so far. Although I had a disconnect about 2 weeks ago around 2:00 AM and I'm not sure if it was related to the DHCP issues in Ontario but I was back online within 5-10 minutes and have had no issues since.

UPDATE: March 26, 2012
A quick update, I got the speed boost from 24Mbps -> 28Mbps while still using my SB5100 and I haven't had any issues with it. Still got some node congestion during peak but off peak I'm able to sustain 28Mbps.

UPDATE: June 10, 2012
Still going strong with my trusty SB5100 on the extreme tier, 28Mbps down & 1Mbps up, and although their is still node congestion at night it's nothing that I can't live with.

TekSavvy Quebec Cable
-----------------------
I ordered TekSavvy High Speed Cable on August 29, 2011 and got a confirmed activation date of September 16, 2011. Install was done with no problem at all and the modem synced up to the Videotron network within 30 minutes of the install.

Using a Scientific Atlanta DPC2100r2 cable modem and I am averaging around 1Mb/s on all downloads.

UPDATE: November 23, 2011
Everything is still running smoothly with the Quebec cable, small little issues here and there but they are too hard to trace due to living in an apartment. The issues were random drops for a few minutes throughout late September to early October but nothing since and I'm pretty sure it's somewhere before the modem as the modem was running for years on Rogers with no issues.

UPDATE: March 26, 2012
No issues since November, the internet has been stable and runs at 8/1Mbps without any issues. I did change the plan from Express Cable 8 to Express Cable 8 Lite as I barley even used up the 50GB of usage from the old plan tier.

UPDATE: June 10, 2012
Still no issues since the November issues and still getting the full 8/1Mbps speed.

member for 3.7 years, 1644 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Jcohen,

Thank you for the review! I’m happy to see you have had TekSavvy service for a while and have been enjoying the service. I am also very glad to see there has been minimal issues with our connection. If you have any questions regarding your service please do not hesitate to send us a message. We are more than happy to help you.

Thanks again for your review and please continue to keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey.

TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

Re: Review

lol why did this get bumped 7 months later?

Review by tristen1230 See Profile

• Location: Belleville,ON
Good "Tech Support, Pre Sales and the Value is Great!!!! Getting up to 16 Mbps download and 2 up on a 14 Mbps download 1 up plan!"
Bad "Very Good Service and Internet"
Overall "Great Service"

·TekSavvy DSL
I am becoming a beta tester for Cable! Right now I know those 3 things due to my past experience with Teksavvy DSL which was great. I will be adding some more to my review soon.

02/10/2013 - The week went by so quick! Cannot wait for tomorrow!

02/11/2013 - The day has come!!!!! So I did a speedtest and I am surprised with the results. I am on a 14 down and 1 up plan and I am actually getting more then 14 down sometimes (have gotten up to 16 while downloading) and am getting 2 up. Better speeds then what I was getting with Cogeco. Do not know if this will change once it becomes public in my area but for know I am very happy!

02/23/2013 - I am so far really happy. While downloading so far my highest speed is 20 Mbps while downloading and average is from 14 Mbps - 17 Mbps on a DOCSIS 2.0.

03/26/2013 - Got the DOCSIS 3.0 modem today. Got swapped through the Cogeco system and getting perfect 20 Mbps speeds. Thanks Teksavvy! Also Teksavvy offers to take my other modem back free shipping. Only had to pay $25 dollars more for the DOCSIS 3.0 since it was more expensive than the 2.0.

06/18/2013 - Just took a Speedtest at 12 noon and speeds as advertised!

12/14/2013 - I haven't updated my review in awhile, so I will now. Since my last update everything has been fantastic. I can't remember any outages I have experienced or slowness in my speed. I am still getting advertised speeds and even 4 Mbps upload which is 2 Mbps over the advertised which is great! Thanks Teksavvy!

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Your review

Hello,

Firstly, I would just like to thank you for your current review. It is great to hear all was well with your DSL service, thank you for taking the time to let us know!

Secondly, yes, please do let us know how things go with the cable.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Marty
Chatham, ON
Thank you for the updates, We are ecstatic your enjoying the services!
romeom
Techguy135

join:2007-03-06
Belleville, ON
·TekSavvy DSL
Also in Belleville, I had the 14meg(20 real world) speeds which was great.. until 4:30pm. Then from 4:30pm-11:30pm less then a meg most of the time.

Cogeco would say, "there is no congestion in that area". Bahah.

Cogeco was completely useless in communications with Teksavvy and offered no sign that they would be interested in fixing the issue. They kept saying unplug your modem from your router because you have a virus... then they would test it and tell me I still had a virus when it was only the modem connected.

I can tell you that there is no magical modem virus pixie at this time LOL.

Terrible local POI and no sign that they will increase or fix it in the near future.

Switched back to DSL.

The inter-company communication definitely needs to be addressed as the gap there isn't getting any smaller.

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Interesting find also in the BETA before roll out.

I was with Cogeco. Once my phone was out and they made me rearange the wires and since that did not work they checked their lines and nothing was wrong so they refused to send a tech out. They finally did after I asked them many time. Nearest they could do was a week. So no phone for a week. Internet was also out. So no phone or internet for a week. The guy came over and a squirrel chewed on a wire.

Chatham, ON
Thanks for the update. Glad to see things are working properly for you.

Chatham, ON
Glad to see all is still working & that you are satisfied with the service.

Never hesitate to let us know if you have encounter any issues.