TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by motomandd See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Great speeds, Great Price, Great Service!"
Bad "Ping times a little high."
Overall "Great Value for your money! Unlimited Prices a bit high, but never go over anyway."

***Note*** I'm with the Cable services in Quebec who uses Videotron as an Incumbent.

Ordered the Cable 60 300GB @ $79,95/Month on the 21st of March, Got installed on the 4th of April.

Tech was great, Installed in 20 minutes, cracking jokes and making everything nice and tidy with the cabling.

Am using a DCM475 with a TP-Link WR1043ND, Making everything run nice and smoothly, always at 60 down 10 up.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/2949227624

UPDATE 3/21: Recently moved to another part of town, bringing my services with me. Minus the 3rd party videotron techs who refused to do the work until I called a number on their van and complained, It went great, and service is still extraordinary!

member for 1.6 years, 296 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Motomandd,

Thank you for this fantastic review! I am very happy to see the installation went smoothly and the technician was tentative and thorough with your installation, it is also nice to see the technician was friendly with you. I am also very ecstatic to see the installation was completed rather quickly from ordering the service to installation. This is wonderful to see. Thank you for including the speedtest for your service in this review. The speeds you are receiving look fantastic!

Thanks again for this review and please keep us posted on your connection.
If you have any questions or concerns we can be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again
TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
motomandd

join:2013-03-04
Gatineau, QC
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Review

Hey Ashleigh!

My pleasure! I adore this connection, its pretty much perfect!

My only complaint is for some strange reason I cannot get the 120 down connnection, but strangely I can get it with Videotron. Any ideas?

Update!

Thanks for the update. Glad you are still lovin' it!

Review by BrianON See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Straight forward with fees and prices. Excellent value due to generous cap (300gb)."
Bad "They weren't available in my area until a few months ago."
Overall "They have plans that match my usage better than Bell or Rogers."

Used Bell for a few years followed by Rogers for several more. Both have now transitioned to having lower speed packages with tiny usage limits and large overage fees. The only option for more usage is moving to a higher tier package costing considerably more per month and even then caps can still be pretty meagre. While there are some non-advertised packages and discounts available it can be tiring trying to get them year after year.

I transferred from Rogers to Teksavvy using my existing modem (SB5100) that I had purchased from Rogers several years ago. About a day without access during the transfer. Since then I have had no disruptions.

The $28/month for 3mbs down and 256kbps up might seem slow compared to other packages but since it's just me it's not a problem. Netflix HD streams fine and web surfing is very fast thanks to Rogers' SpeedBoost. The 300gb cap is much more generous than what Rogers or Bell provides for the lower tier packages and overage fees are a lot less ($0.50/GB compared to $2.50 - $5.00 per GB).

Update: Price increased to $31/month which is a fairly large increase % wise but it seems to be a one time thing with tariff changes and not every year.

Update: Fall 2012 - some service disruptions so connection reliability has dropped a bit.

Update: March 2013 - After reading about some new proposed cable rates for aggregated I phoned in to upgrade from 3mbps to 6mbps. Same monthly price but a one time $5 fee for the change. Five minutes on the phone and a couple days latter the change went through.

Update: March 2014 - No connection problems for a long time so updated reliability score from 4 to 5.

member for 3 years, 833 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

response to review

Hi There,

Glad to see you are happy with the connection for the most part. Concerning the disconnections, if that issue persists please either PM myself, or message us in the direct forum and we'd be glad to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

Have a great day!
Liz

Chatham, ON

Update

Thanks for posting an update. I am glad the change went through quickly for you

Thanks for the update!!!

Review by nujabes See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
Good "Friendly I guess?"
Bad "What use is friendly when they can never get the job done?"
Overall "**** internet, problems never resolved"

Been trying to stick Teksavvy out of principle since 2011, I can't do it anymore. All I hear is the "blame it on Shaw" game. Bottom line, despite being friendly, no one on their end wants to stop wasting my time troubleshooting for hours on end in order to help solve a problem which I'm 99.9% sure isn't on my end.

When I call in and your representative tells me jokingly that he groans when he handles other callers that lack computer expertise, there's a problem.

Issues:
-I've had packet loss of 5-10% to my gateway for months, maybe over a year--nothing has been done about this. Just endless "troubleshooting". When Shaw changes my gateway randomly, suddenly all the problems go away temporarily. I am not the only user in my area who has experienced this.
-When upgrading cable internet packages, Teksavvy screws up and I wind up without internet for a few days.
-When bringing up the internet issues I've been having with Teksavvy, it feels like everyone I talk to has an overall "refrain from taking responsibility approach" which consists of keep getting me to do hours and hours of troubleshooting in hopes of eventually getting me to give up solving the issue.
-Miscommunications when Teksavvy is filling out tickets with Shaw--I'd get off the phone after an hour or two with Teksavvy thinking that I've done all the troubleshooting required for them to gather enough information to put in a ticket with Shaw, but they wouldn't send it in. I'd find this out after following up with them a couple of days later and wondering WTF is going on.

Recap:
Internet problems unsolved. Tech support friendly but utterly useless. Great cheap internet if it works. If it doesn't work, you're better off going with an incumbent for sure. The way the system is set up, you're more than likely not going to get your problems resolved if you stick with Teksavvy. If you have a problem with your internet, it's a war of attrition to get it resolved.

TL;DR
If you enjoy having **** internet and having your problems go unheard/unresolved, then this is the ISP for you.

0/10 would not recommend.

Comments:

TSI Andre

Hi Nujabes,

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I see that you had a thread in the Direct Forum already.

We are going though it and your account to see how we can change the outcome of your review and how to improve ourselves.

Thanks,

Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Good evening Nujabes,

I have reviewed your account's history extensively and from what I've seen is that you have brought a few issues to our attention. Although most times, the issue either resolved itself or the threads where we performed troubleshooting would end abruptly. When we did submit tickets to our vendor, they were sent back to us advising us that there were no issues and that all information provided was within the norms. We did try a couple of modem exchanges but it seems as though that had no effect.

From what I've seen we did our best to assist you during many of our online/phone conversations. I agree with you that there is a problem with the last representative that you spoke to. We will definitely investigate the call and ensure proper coaching is performed. From what I have read in your recent direct thread, the issue went away after the gateway changed. We are hoping that it is smooth sailing from here but we'll always be on stand by if the boat goes off course.

If the issue does return, please let us know so that we can tackle it right away and attempt to find a solid fix while it is apparent. I do understand that it is quite frustrating, but we are willing to continue working with you and get to the bottom of it. I'll post some more details in your direct thread and follow up with you in there.

If you do have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Online Experience Manager

backtorogers

@rogers.com

not reliable

I had the exact same issues too many outages. I had more outages in 1 year with teksavvy then 10 years with rogers so switched back. The support is also very slow and I sometimes had to wait over
1 hour on phone to get hold of person. The staff is friendly and seem knowledgeable but reliable was horrible for me.

Review by joeinvestor See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Less expensive than Rogers"
Bad "Very unreliable"
Overall ""If" you can cut a deal with Rogers, stay with them."

We were with Rogers for 9 years and renting our modem. At $65 per month for Roger's Express service, we were looking to reduce our household expenditures. After some discussion with retentions at Rogers, we could not agree on a service agreement that would have kept us with Rogers.

So we migrated to Teksavvy (cable 18 package) in April of 2013 (now cable 25) and have been very disappointed with the reliability of their service. Numerous outages plus long waits in the telephone cue for tech support with Teksavvy have put us off their service. This weekend alone we have experienced two outages.

If QOS does not improve with Teksavvy, then we will consider migrating to Start Communications as we have heard good things about that company from others in our area.

Comments:

TSI Alan

Hello,

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear of the connectivity issues you have encountered.

Can you please post a thread in our »TekSavvy Direct forum, so we can review what has happened? We would like to get this made right for you.

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork
fefrie

join:2012-08-17
Vancouver, BC

QOS Suggestions

I recommend doing your own QOS with a Tomato equipped router.
cableuser123

join:2014-02-27

Cable Packeges

I would Recommend getting off of the 18 package as it is out dated if you have a Docsis 3.0 modem you can upgrade to a faster speed and a stable connection without a cost.
joeinvestor

join:2014-03-02
Canada
·TekSavvy Cable

Cableuser123:
We have moved from cable 18 to TSI cable 25 package, but whichever package one selects, it will not impact the reliability of the service. For example, we had Rogers Express service on a DOCSIS 2.0 modem and in 9 years, we only had two outages.
Since moving over to TSI, we've had more outages than I can count on two hands and this is with a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem.
The problem is the fact that TSI is a TPIA and as such receives inferior service from Rogers. I doubt it matters much which ISP I choose aside from Rogers with respect of service reliability. All TPIA ISP's have to settle for second rate service from Rogers and I should have expected this when I departed Rogers internet service.

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Re: Cable Packeges

Hi Joe, I don't think that is entirely the case. Those 9 years when you were a customer of theirs, did not see nearly as many upgrades as they are currently doing. Many customers, including their own customers are seeing these disruptions. Once these upgrades are complete it should calm down and settle into a period of more stability.

That being said, we would really like to look into your situation as we pay a great deal of attention to all of our users who open up a ticket. Have you posted in the direct forum as TSI Alan has suggested? I don't see a thread there from you. We'd like to double down on assisting you if its possible to do more.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy
harvest

join:2013-08-31
Port Stanley, ON

Marc:
Thanks for your reply. But here is the rub. I'm the only TSI cable internet subscriber on my street, and I've spoken with my neighbors up and down my street, and most everyone I've chatted with has experienced no issues with their Rogers cable internet.
I really would like to continue supporting your company, but if reliability doesn't improve soon, then I'll be forced to leave TSI. Sadly the issues affecting your ISP are paramount to all TPIA's as Rogers and Bell control the infrastructure. What is really needed in Canada is an ISP with infrastructure separate from the big telcos, but that will never happen.

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Re: Cable Packeges

Hi harvest, We don't know how to respond as we do not yet know who you are. Generally when we bring situations like this to them, they do look into it. On our end, our systems are very reliable, we need to figure out what's going on in the middle. Can you assist us in finding your specific account please? We would like to see for ourselves what's going on. It may help others in your area as well.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy
chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Acanac
·WIND Mobile
going with Start wouldn't necessarily solve anything, if you have underlying issues with your specific connection, changing the ATPIA assigned wouldn't fix anything

Some upgrades Rogers does do only affect D3 modems, as the D2 modems would stay with 1 channel in each direction (and older upstream encapsulation) Rogers are still progressing with the 16 to 64QAM upstream upgrades in their footprint. This also enables the newer upgraded areas to support the 250/20Mbps ultimate tier, if your area is not eligible for this service yet, the upgrades haven't completed

I have been on TPIA since 2011, and haven't experienced any issues that didn't affect Rogers own users (with the latest one being the Fallowfield RF outage that also affected cable TV)

Treegravy
join:2011-04-21
·Rogers Hi-Speed
I'd like to emphasize TSIMarc's comment: We were clients of Rogers from way back to the @Home days and over the years, yes the service was stable, but with the last couple though there were certainly more interruptions of Rogers' service than in the past.

And it's telling that Rogers practices unproven shenanigans against TPIAs: What does that tell you about the respect they have for customers? Remember the TPIA is still a CUSTOMER!

Rogers lied to us. They offered a deal and then reneged. If you want to do business with people like that - instead of smoothing out the hiccups of the service you're getting now, that's your prerogative.

Remember though, Rogers has an interest in making you unhappy!

Review by graniterock See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "Good speed, caps, support, unlimited / cap-free overnight hours."
Bad "Depend on rogers for last mile. "
Overall "TSI is great."

·WIND Mobile
Feb 24, 2014
----------------
Still very happy. Service is rock solid last couple of months. The congestion issues I was concerned about last review have been resolved. I vaguely remember having a few outages in the fall but those issues seem to be behind us now. Very interested to see how the proposed peak time voluntary throttle in exchange unlimited service works out.

Aug 2, 2013
-----------------
Just switched to the 35/3 package with cap free over nights. Summer combined with more speed options seems to have caused noticeable node congestion during peak and mid peak times. (as low as 15 mbps on a 35 mbps connection). Nothing that cripples my connection but signs that Rogers needs to start a local infrastructure improvement strategy. Hopefully Teksavvy will push them that way as well. No outages (except the one required to upgrade my speed). Still happy and loyal to Teksavvy.

Jan 18, 2013
-------------------
I am very happy since I switched from TSI DSL 6 to TSI Cable 28/1 with a Docsis 3 Thomsm DCM 476. Direct support on the forums was great for presales info and the process went exactly as described. I had considered the 18 package but for 5 bucks more I couldn't say no. Install tech was efficient, friendly and on time. There were a few outages when I first signed up but that was related to upgrades Rogers was making in the area. It's been rock solid since September. I wouldn't be with any other company.

member for 11.6 years, 1644 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Thanks!

Hi graniterock,

Thanks for the review! Glad you found our staff helpful and that everything went well. Happy to hear that the kinks from the beginning have been resolved since September. If there's ever anything you need us for you know where you can find us .

Cheers,

Social Media Relations Team Leader

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hey graniterock,

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad to see that you're still happy with the service! In regards to the congestion issues, it's something that both ourselves and our vendor are aware of. They have confirmed that they are working on resolving these issues along with completing the ATPIA upgrades. Unfortunately since this is more of routine maintenance than the APTPIA upgrades, we have no ETA as to when this will be completed. This is also partially dependent on the DOCSIS 2 modems many customers are using. Although they are still capable of using these modems any new sign ups, upgrades to a higher tier speed or a move to a new location will require a DOCSIS 3 modem which puts less strain on the infrastructure it's self. Unfortunately this is not a instant remedy that will cause the congestion to go away, but it will in time have quite an impact on the congestion issues you see today.

If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post in the DM!

Jon

TSI ShawnS

Re: Feb 24 update

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our service! The peak time throttling is not yet in place. We currently have no ETA on when this will be implemented.

Thank you for your update!
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Frossty See Profile

Good "Awesome service, fast speeds, high cap, great company"
Bad "None fo far"
Overall "Get it for good caps, and great customer service"

·VMedia
Just got hooked up with Teksavvy cable few weeks ago, and coming from Teksavvy DSL the switch was worth it. Way faster speeds (good thing my neighborhood isn't congested...yet haha).

The install went good technician came at the desired time and installed the cable (he cut out the cable tv i had but only lost it for a day so not so bad). Install went fine and was up and running in now time.

Ping times were good as was speeds.

Nothing but good to say keep up the good work Teksavvy!

Update 02/14/14: I sadly had to leave Teksavvy after a long time with them, as I needed a higher cap and what they were offering was priced way to high. I made the move to VMedia and everything is good so far over there. I had no problems with Teksavvy at all and would recommend them if someone ever asked me and they stayed within the cap.

Would gladly come back if prices drop, which as we know with Rogers would never happen.

member for 11.3 years, 2334 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Frossty,

Thank you for this review. I am sad to hear that you needed to disconnect your TekSavvy services however I am very happy that you were fully satisfied with the service while you had it. It is unfortunate that the bandwidth caps were not high enough for you and this caused you to need to change service providers. Certainly keep checking back with us on our website for new packages and deals we are always expanded and adding new packages as they become available to us.
If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you again for this wonderful review and we hope to hear from you soon.

Tsi-ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Review by nickstoy See Profile

• Location: Saint-Lazare,QC
Good "So far I love it. Constant 10 MBPS speeds, never down, no packet loss. Great price, great service."
Bad "installation was not on the right day, but thats not in their control...they use videotron's techs"
Overall "Glad to be out of bHell!"

Installation was not on the right day, but thats not in their control...they use videotron's techs
Because of videotron's mess, I had to take a day off to make this work. When Teksavvy inquired about how my installation went and I told em' that, they credited me a week of service. I didn't even have to ask!

Glad to be out of bHell!

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE:Review

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave the feedback. We're glad you're happy with us!

Shawn S

Review by jmarlatt2 See Profile

• Location: Chatham,ON
Good "Cheap, way better limits. Quick support."
Bad "not liked by the big 3?"
Overall "get it if you're sick of pathetic caps"

Signed up for teksavvy cable internet when it became available in Chatham. Ran the 14mb connection flawlessly until they switched to ATAPI, now on the 20mb profile. Looking to upgrade to the 60Mb profile once Cogeco can get their systems working correctly.

Picked up a DCM476 modem and it was activated before I got home and hooked it up. Cogeco had me on the wrong profile but a quick message to teksavvy and it was fixed.

Upgraded to 30mbps package a couple months ago and now Chatham has some severe congestion issues during peak hours. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Hi jmarlatt2,

Thank you for the great review . Glad you joined the family and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask any of us on here.

Cheers,

E-Services Team Leader

Hello Jmarlatt2,

Thank you for the updated review. We certainly do apologize for any congestion that you are noticing on the lines in Chatham. We are currently working with our vendor to have the congestion fixed in the Chatham area. We don’t have an ETA yet however are working on a speedy resolution for everyone.

If you have any other questions please feel free to send us a message through our Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are happy to help you.

Tsi-ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Review by Boss429 See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Been with Teksavvy for a year now and service has been rock-solid. Great value for the money."
Bad "They ride on top of Rogers so service issues can lead to finger-pointing."
Overall "I work in the tech sector and all the propellar-heads I know swear by these guys."

Cable 25 at $41.95/m plus tax - 300 GB usage, uploads don't count. Order process was easy and set up in a week. Roger's guy came by and terminated drop. I bolted on Teksavvy modem, which arrived via courier ahead of time, and away it went. No problems. I originally bought Cable 18 (no longer offered) but was consistently getting 25+ Mbps. I was on Bell DSL before and Teksavvy is cheaper and faster - what's not to like? Highly recommended.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Your Review

Hello Boss,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear your experience thus far has been a positive one.

Don't forget, should any questions or concerns pop up, you can always reach us in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or by clicking here and selecting DSLr from the "SUBMIT A REQUEST" drop down.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Your Review

Yup the propellar-heads go back to the very roots of Teksavvy. When they first started out pretty much all of the customer base were propellar-heads only. I've been with them for several years and their services have only been top notch, and reliable for me.
BHell... A Public Futility. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

Review by creed3020 See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "$/Mbps, Exceptional usage limits, DOCSIS3 Modem, and a private Canadian company"
Bad "Phone queues are beyond acceptable so use another method like DSLR already!"
Overall "Great ISP working hard for their customers within a completely flawed Canadian regulatory environment"

Pre-Ordering: As a previous TekSavvy DSL customer I have been reading the TS forum here for well over a year so I had a really clear idea of the good and the bad when it comes to TS. I knew that with my move to Toronto that it would be a good time to upgrade myself from DSL to Cable. I am not a crazy downloader but appreciate the high caps so the 300GB plans work perfectly for me.

Ordering: I ordered over the phone and only waited 2 minutes to speak to an agent. They got all if my information recorded correctly and helped me to cancel my DSL. I ordered the TekSavvy Express Cable package with 10Mb download, 512Kb upload, and 300GB usage cap. After I called I forgot to asked one question and had to call back a second time. I wanted my new cable modem (SB6120) sent to my current address and not the new one. This request was handled well and I received the modem 4 business days later.

Installation: I set my activation date for Monday May 2nd as we moved in on the 1st. I received an automated call on the 1st which was awesome because it shows how they are already prepared for my install date. I had the option of rescheduling should I need to which I didn't. I originally choose a setup window of 8AM-11AM and the tech showed up at my place at 8:15AM which was awesome because I could show him around before leaving for work. He cleaned up the outside of the house because there were a million coaxial cables. He did not need to run a new line. I asked him to mark the line as a TPIA line and he said he would, though I was not able to confirm this was actually done as I had to leave.

Post Installation: Later in the day the lights activated correctly on the modem. The receive light lit up blue indicating downstream bonding which is awesome for my 10Mb profile. The service has been working well since activation, however, I have noticed what I believe is some congestion during peak hours, BUT, I want to test with a wired PC instead of over wireless before I make any solid judgement on that aspect of the service. With Speedboost I am seeing over 20Mbps.

I will update again once the first month is over.

UPDATE: I just moved to Kitchener and the install went very well. I was annoyed that Rogers had not upgraded the channel bonding in my area but low and behold on Thursday the connection dropped for a few minutes and we went from 4x1 to 8x2. I am looking forward to the smooth ride and with recent upgrades to the POI speeds are looking excellent.

UPDATE (Nov-25-2012): Speeds during peak periods are getting worse but the real issue is that my local node is overloaded and a D3 modem does not appear to be enough to overcome this. Pings are in excess of 300ms on average and experiencing anywhere from 0-10% packet loss. Line monitor shows this issue as does smoke ping tests. Latency sensitive activities like online gaming and VOIP are not possible at the moment. Technical support is unable to provide a resolution due to crippled Rogers TPIA support.

UPDATE (Jan-2-2013): Issues related to crazy high pings and packet loss have been resolved. The problem has gone away but can be recreated as it was determined the issue is related to software. A Windows service related to cloud backups was hogging upload bandwidth to the point that nothing else was working correctly. The software has been tweaked accordingly and the issue is no longer. Anticipation for the CRTC decision regarding speed matching on Aggregated POIs is going to be a major push/pull factor as higher upload is becoming an absolute requirement. Cable is unable to meet this expectation and VDSL remotes (multiple within 400m of my home) are making VDSL an attractive option.

UPDATE (June 7th 2013): I just moved to a new address in Kitchener and the install went very well. The technician showed up during the window even though I had missed their call which was appreciated. Channel bonding is enabled in my area and I see 8x4 on my DCM475. My signal stats are not as perfect as the previous install but Rogers does have to come back and properly bury the cable they left in my grass. When that changes I'm curious to see what impact it will have on my signal as they have to install a new box as well on the side of the house. I have a home-run from my modem to the pedestal in front of my home.

UPDATE (June 28th 2013): The Kitchener POI has been successfully migrated to APOI and the ATPIA speeds are now available. I requested a change to 25Mbps down and 2Mbps up with the same 300GB of usage as previous. The request took a total of 5 business days between TSI and rCable before it came into effect. Speeds look good and more testing will occur.

UPDATE (Feb. 4th 2014): I started to notice a trend in my cable modem signal stats through the Fall of 2013. These continue to get worse and eventually the downstream signal was out of spec. I was not losing sync or seeing degraded speeds so I continued to monitor. In January 2014 it reached a point where I felt some preventative maintenance was a good idea. I logged a Technical Support ticket with TSI and they clearly saw the problem. I completed all of the testing requested and Rogers sent a technician to the house. A -6db attenuator was attached to the modem directly. This brought the downstream power levels back into specification and they remain there today. All in all a good experience with TSI Technical Support and the incumbent.

member for 8.4 years, 1446 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Node congestion

Sorry to hear about this. I see we had opened a ticket, but no updates seem to have been pushed back to Rogers. So I've updated Rogers as well as your »TekSavvy Direct thread.

Martin

TeksavvyUSER

@teksavvy.com

Comment from a Teksavvy USER

i am using CABLE broadband from TEKSAVVY. The 20mbps package.

I can tell you it's the biggest shit I ever used in my hole life.

ROGERS in my opinion is much more reliable speed and service.

For 5$ different I prefer pay it and shut my mouth.

The evening and week end I get maximum dial up 56k speed. Sometime 100k is lucky. Sometime so slow the pictures not appear on the web page. Instead there is red X appear...

My laptop stay frozen for several minutes because too slow broadband connection.

TekSASHIT CAN BURN TO HELL THOSE BASTARD.

Re: Comment from a Teksavvy USER

Hello,

I noticed that you posted a very similar message on Twitter.

If you would like us to help you, can you please post in the direct forum with your account info.

Andre

gajego

join:2007-02-15
Canada
Oh, I was going to switch from DSL to Cable... Is TS Cable it that bad? What Modem do you have?

TSI Marty

Re: Comment from a Teksavvy USER

said by gajego:

Hello gajego,

We apologize for the misunderstanding with the above comment, there was a misunderstanding with that customer and we worked to resolve their issue the best we could.

If you would like to post here in the »TekSavvy Direct we can see which cable speeds are available to you.

Martin

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the updated post!!! Happy to hear your enjoying the new updated speeds and also enjoying your TekSavvy service. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions as you know we can be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct and are always happy to help!

Thanks again for the great update!! Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey!

Thanks again
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

TSI Alan
Chatham, ON

Thank You For Your Review!

Hello,

Thank you for your review update. Good to hear the signal issue was resolved for you in a timely manner.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee