TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by carl819 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Cheap price"
Bad "Impossible to have a technician, tech support, lack of communication"
Overall "AVOID AT ALL COST, dishonest company"

·Distributel Cable
EDIT : AVOID Teksavvy.

Small suppliers get you with cheap prices, which is great as long as internet works but the minute you need to send a technician, it is really complicated. It took Teksavvy 1 month before having an appointment with a technician when they told me the delay would be 2 weeks. After waiting a month, I told them Videotron could have me an appointment in the next 48 hours and I will change for them. Teksavvy called me 24 hours later to tell me they managed to find a technician.

Also, when I initially called them, they told me that during the WHOLE time internet was down, that they would credit me and just to call them after the technician came. When I called them after the technician came, they told me they would only credit me for 1 week, which is not what they told me.

I filed a complaint with the CRTC since I could not have an adequate resolution. All I wanted was to be credited for the downtime. I will update my review regarding the proceeding. I have a logic that you pay if you have a service. If you don't have a service, you shouldn't have to pay. Clearly, teksavvy doesn't believe in that logic.

If I were you, I would prefer dealing with a larger supplier like Videotron or Rogers because even if you pay less with these small suppliers, when you have internet problems, you are sure that you have a quick and efficient service. Yeah, I save 10$/month but I also had to spent 10 hours arguing with Teksavvy and had to have 1 month without internet.

!!! AVOID AT ALL COST !!!!

Comments:

TSI Andre
Chatham, ON

Update

Hi there,

I am sorry that your experience wasn't so great. Unfortunately, it has become a problem for all TPIA providers in regards to receiving this type of service from the incumbents. Many of our customers have missed tech visits and unnecessary delays.

This is the busiest time of the year for all providers which causes these issues. We filed at the CRTC level last year for this exact type of stuff.

I hope things get settled soon for you. Don't hesitate to post in the direct if you need further help.

Sorry again.

RE: Update

Hello carl819,

Thank you for your latest update.
Would you care to provide us with any feedback for your latest update?
Is there anything you would like for us to look into for you?

If so, please do not hesitate to post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum.

Warm regards,
Shawn S
JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
·TekSavvy DSL

Seems pretty honest to me

So the incumbent (Videotron) is playing games with them, TSI still manage to get you a tech faster than Videotron is scheduling them for, TSI offers you a credit for your down time (which sounds like it was less than a week) and TSI is the dishonest one?
carl819

join:2013-12-12
Canada

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23

Re: .

said by carl819:

You clearly don't understand the review
First, how you seem to know the incumbent (Videotron) is playing games... how would you know that ?
Second, Videotron could get me a technician faster than TSI (24h - 48h vs 4 weeks) and TSI got me a technician only after I told them Videotron could send me one once I told them Videotron proposed a technician within the next 48 hours..

Third, if you have to pay while your service is out, and to add to it, when a representative told you you wouldn't have to pay, is simply dishonest

Hey Carl,

Sorry for being brash and I definitely wasn't as clear as I ought to have been. For those of us who spend a fair amount of time on these forms it has become common knowledge that the cable incumbents are "playing games" with the IISPs across the board (not just Teksavvy). IISPs are forbidden by the CRTC from sending out their own technicians, they must submit a ticket with the incumbent and get their technicians to do the work.

What's happening is that the incumbents, in this case Videotron, are scheduling technicians in such a way that it maximizes the "support" time for IISPs and minimizes the "install" time for themselves. This encourages people to switch back to the incumbents as, while the install tech is out, they'll fix any problems at the same time as the install. The reason they do this is that it costs them the same amount of money to roll a "support" technician for an IISP and an "install" technician for themselves (there's no difference between the two technicians).

It's one of the many dirty tactics incumbents are using to try to curb the loss of customers/regain customers who are leaving/have left seeking lower prices/better service. The reason you were able to get a technician faster than the scheduled time is that someone at Teksavvy went to bat for you and got you bumped up Videotron's repair schedule. TSI does not have the ability to force Videotron to do a repair faster due to the CRTC rules that are in place.

I obviously don't know the full details of your situation, only you and TSI do. What I do know is that TSI records all calls and Andre reviews them, especially when such complaints come up. If someone said you'd be credited he'd make sure it was honoured. Based on what you wrote and what I know of TSI in these situations it seems like there's more to the story. I also know that TSI's typical response to a loss of sync for an extended period is to credit the account for the down time because it is a pre-paid service. Depends on the situation obviously. The most common reasons I know of for not receiving a credit is if you weren't actually losing sync or the problem was found to be inside the home.

As I say, I don't know the full details.

Review by user123 See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Great internet for value"
Bad "Bad customer service experienced twice"
Overall "Update: bad customer service addressed rapidly by online team - issue resolved"

UPDATE: I am happy to report that this issue has been resolved. The online team was very diligent and on top of resolving this issue for me. I felt valued as a customer and hope that the agents that I dealt with before were exceptions rather than the norm. Together we were able to work together to reach a solution. I will be staying with Teksavvy and hope to have a good relationship from here on.

I currently have the cable 6 package for $25/month. The order and install process was TERRIBLE. I am fed up with the terrible customer service that I have received from TekSavvy. I am planning on switching to start.ca which none of the agents seem to care about. I have been with TekSavvy for a year now. Quick comparison: start.ca ($35 10 mbps down 2 mbps up 100 gb usage) versus. Teksavvy ($35 10 mbps down 2 mbps up 75 gb usage) no cost to switch.

Last year, I took the day off to have my internet service installed. I waited all day and no one showed up or had the courtesy to call and let me know they were running behind. My internet was delayed and I was forced to increase the data on my phone plan (I pay $20 for the new data add on versus $5 from before). I had to take off another day for the new installation day (that didn't happen until days later). I lost two days worth of wages and pay much more now for data that I don't use and cannot downgrade because my $5 plan is no longer available. I received ~$15 in compensation for this.

A year later and this experience faded from my memory and I was quite happy with my TekSavvy internet. Great price and overall great service. I'm moving to a new apartment in September. This was the beginning of another bad experience. First I emailed to inquire about moving services. I was told to call. I asked for information about moving but unfortunately called too early to start the process. When I called back within the 30 days of my move date, I was told I needed a new modem. This was extremely frustrating because the new agent did not tell me this when I asked the question 'could you please walk me through the process of moving my services to another address.' This was upsetting because I had just purchased a modem last year that is now obsolete and now had to buy another. I was extremely angry and considered switching companies because of the poor customer service demonstrated again.

I thought about it and reflected on how much I liked Teksavvy and decided I was overreacting. I finally purchased the new modem and was ready to set a date. I noticed that my $25 plan was no longer listed and so I inquired about the new plans ($35/mo) and if I would be forced to upgrade. The agent told me there was a way to bypass this by upgrading my modem now and then moving my services to another address thus preserving my $25 plan. I purchased the new modem, upgraded it over the phone and waited for the changes to take effect. Today I called to set my new installation date. I was told that I would have to upgrade to the $35 plan. I was extremely upset and basically was told that nothing could be done and the logistics were explained to me at length. Fundamentally, I understand that the Teksavvy works with Cogeco and this must change their plans accordingly.

However, this has been a month of miscommunication preceded by the same experience last year. I understand the logistics but think that it is unfair that I made my decision to stay with Teksavvy based on the miscommunication of an employee. I went through this frustrating process which has been a waste of time and energy. I feel that I should be compensated since I will be paying $100+ extra a year now for extra internet that I don't need. I was offered 2 weeks compensation and told that they were going the extra mile to listen to the call and coach the employee. I have worked in customer service for a long time. I think it should be standard in cases of miscommunication that these calls should be reviewed and it shouldn't be considered a bonus to me. For a company the prides itself from its service I feel like there is nothing being done for me and $13 is a slap in the face. I told the supervisor that I wished for the 'higher ups' to know about this incident so something could be changed. I have heard many similar stories of poor customer service. I was told that essentially nothing more would be done for me. I understand that I cannot keep my Cable 6 but I find it laughable that TekSavvy does not care about losing me as a customer. I was told I can either upgrade or cancel. I have told many friends about TekSavvy who are now currently customers because of me. If TekSavvy truly prides itself on customer service they should make more of an effort to not lose customers. It is a bonus that start.ca is essentially the same as Teksavvy (even better). I would have paid more to be treated with the service I deserve. Good riddance.

Comments:

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18

Hi there,

This is not the kind of experience we want you to have, at all. I do truly apologize for anything not being explained properly or for any miscommunications that occurred regarding your plan (whether you could keep it or not) and the need for a new modem as these added costs would definitely be a shock. While we are bound to our vendors on many requirements, we still want to do everything we can within the system for you.

While they were still in their infancy last year (and it doesn't excuse the issues you ran into then), we now have a team dedicated to making sure you are alerted to any changes that happen to any installation appointments and I truly believe that you would not have a repeat of last year, in the event that there was a delay.

I do assure you we definitely care and would love to keep you as a customer, and make sure you feel that you get the proper customer service treatment. We would like to look into this further on our end to make sure we cover all potential options as well as review all the information you've been provided as seem to have received some conflicting information. Could you please shoot us a message over in »TekSavvy Direct and we'll be glad to look into this with you. Thanks for your time,

Re: Review

I'd love to get to the bottom of this as well.

Post

Hi there,

It seems we have found your ticket in another system. We will be investigating as to what happened.

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your update

Hello there!

Thank you for the update here and for sharing more of your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that everything was worked out to your satisfaction and wanted to thank you for giving us the chance to turn this around.

Here's hoping it's smooth sailing from here. Should you ever have any questions or concerns though, you know where to find us!

Take care!
Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Review by Noxin See Profile

Good "In Montreal it was fantastic - 3 day installation and solid connection."
Bad "17 days and counting, NO SERVICE - POSTPONED DATES - MISINFORMATION"
Overall "Pick anyone else - this is beyond unreasonable."

Update:

19 days and counting, the 2nd tech (Shaw) and found an issue with the line, at which he replaced and said all that was left was to activate the service which can be done remotely (which is collaborated by an access denied error and various other sources). I called and received the same information from support and that they placed a ticket for the activation. 2 hours later I receive a call from support once again where I assume a less experienced agent who wants to send yet another technician (requiring a 3rd day off of work for me) to "activate" the line - which already has a signal as confirmed by support and the tech who was here today. My service is still disabled and they can't flip a flag on the service database they are using to handle it. Now closer to 700$ out of pocket (work lost waiting for the no-show + taking off all today) and cost of activation. I sincerely hope this review saves someone else from making the same mistake. I'd get a refund and swap carriers, but that would just likely add another week to this saga.

Original review Follows:

I ordered and payed 172$ on the 3rd of July with their initial estimate being the 8th.

I received a call on the 5th saying that the installation will occur on the 17th... Which was terrible considering various local ISPs have offers for seamless transitions, but manageable.

The 17th arrives with not a WORD until gone 6 pm at night saying they couldn't find the location, which leads me to believe either they don't have google maps nor gps, since I provided address, city and postal code. This was then postponed yet again to the 23rd. At this point I am pissed off, and rightfully so since I have now payed upfront for a service that I will not see during the month I payed for it AND I require it to work from home (costing me $$$). They tell me a tech will be dispatched on the 20th in the usual 4 hour window ISPs agree they can subject people to, so I wake up early, take the 4 hours off for... NOTHING, a complete no show.

I leave at the end of the window since I CAN'T work from home, having written all IP address, SSID, mac addresses relevant to the tech should the tech actually show up, and once I arrive at work, I find a missed call (time stamped 15 minutes after the window) and rush back. The tech hasn't "flagged" the line (the administrative reason that I was provided by TS support on my first of *3 calls* why they couldn't provision remotely - which from former telus tech I know is completely without technical reason), preformed ANY work, nor left ANY message.

To ANYONE who sees this, go with ANY of the competitors. Teksavvy is NOT worth it in the west. Light-speed was recommended by friends, if this isn't resolved in the next day or so, I am demanding a full refund and going with them.

Any and all positive view I had of this company is gone, its pricing isn't even that competitive anymore.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan

Good morning Noxin,

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far. If you could please post in the direct forum with your account information. I would like to take a look and see if we can assist.

»TekSavvy Direct

Review Update

Hi there,

We would love to review your account so we can take action to make things better however we have no idea who you are. As Jon mentioned before when you posted your original review, if you could post in the direct that would allow us to get the information we need to work on this.

Cubytus

join:2007-08-24
·Vonage
·Skype

Don't subscribe to cable Internet

Don't forget cable internet always go to Videotron's pipe. They won't share any updates, ETA or anything relevant to third-party resellers, and Teksavvy has to pick up their crap. Other independent resellers have simply stopped offering cable internet because of this. I strongly discourage anyone to subscribe to cable Internet because of Videotron's contempt. They are the company to blame, not TSI.

Review by Jeebus99 See Profile

• Location: Dawson Creek,BC
Bad "extremely poor service"
Overall "if you are unable to provide the service paid for, maybe you should stop selling it"

Extremely unhappy with the so-called "service".

Ordered cable on June 27th to upgrade from my current TSI DSL. Waited for a week supposedly for the vendor to reply (even though they are supposedly required to reply within 48 hours if I am not mistaken).

The order was refused by the cable company because they did not know if the connection was for the main floor or the basement, even though the main floor has not been connected in probably 15 or 20 years and is not even connected to the cable box (disconnected by Shaw themselves many many years ago).

Called and confirmed with TSI that the connection should be the basement. TSI gave me an install date with the same ridiculous 4 hour window that everyone hates so much. On the day of the install nobody bothered to show up. This is confirmed by security video on the property, and by the substandard old tan cable still connected to the cable box that should have been replaced if a tech had actually showed up.

After the no-show I called TSI again and they put in "troubleshooting" ticket since the cable was not working. Apparently, Shaw has said the service was performed even though it was not. The ticket that was put in by TSI has again been sitting with no response for almost a week.

The bill was paid on the day the order was placed, yet 17 days later I still have no service, as well as a new modem that TSI sold me that is totally useless with no cable service.

The tech support column in the review also received the lowest marks. The TSI staff was very friendly, but there have just been repeated promises to have things "looked into", since nothing has actually been accomplished I can't give any marks for the support.

Comments:

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

2 edits

Hello,
My name is John. I am one of two Online Services Account Managers here at TekSavvy. I would be happy to look into this issue for you to see if there is anything I can do to resolve it. I am reviewing your account and will be back with you shortly.

John
Online Services Account Manager

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

Hello,
I reviewed your account and spoke with the leader of the team responsible for handling your issue. The Team leader is having one of his team call you shortly.

John
Online Services Account Manager

Vancouver, BC

There is teksavvy in Dawson Creek?

Consider yourself lucky that you have a third alternative.

Review by johchenb See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "they are good when Rogers and Bell are good."
Bad "unprofessional installation, bad customer service, poor problem solving techniques"
Overall "go with Teksavvy if you don't mind no connection for days!"

Chapter 1. Paying more for less

I started using Teksavvy DSL since 2009. Back then, the price and speed was pretty impressive. I then switched to cable internet 16M/1M when my DSL modem died.

In April of 2014, I found I'm paying $47/mo for 25M/2M but still running on 16M/1M service. Customer service told me they automatically raised price in Dec '13 but didn't automatically raised my speed! They also rejected my request to credit the price difference manually.

Think of this way, you go to your everyday coffee shop paying the price for large coffee but drinking medium cup for months. When you ask the owner why you've been overcharged for long time, the owner tells you that he only cares how much money you pay but not how much coffee you get. You want to get your money back? NO WAY!

Chapter 2. Call you? Maybe.

I happened to move from Scarborough to Markham two weeks ago. Since it's a newly built house, I send a request to check if my new address was able to have Teksavvy Cable internet. The answer from TSI was YES. Therefore, I ordered Tektalk VOIP service for the new address as well.

I paid $65 moving fee and $70 for VOIP device and shipping. My installation was scheduled 5 days later.

On the installation day, I took a day off waiting for the installation technician (Rogers cable guy). No buddy showed up. Called TSI, they told me they got Rogers' notice at 10pm last night saying my area was not serviceable. I was very pissed off why TSI didn't contact me when they got the notice from its vendor. TSI account manage cancelled all my service and transferred me to their cancellation dept. I ended up spending another half an hour to explain the whole story in order to get the VOIP money refund.

WARNING to potential TSI customers: when the sales guy tells you something, don't trust them 100%. because they won't give you full refund or partially credit if you're not satisfied with the service they were trying to sell.

The day after no show, TSI account manager called me to confirm that Rogers was able to install the service for me again. They reversed all the cancellation and schedule another appointment in 3 days.

Yesterday, the cable guy showed up. First of all, he failed to connect the outside cable through the underground tunnel. He then hooked up a temporally cable from my neighbour's house and left without any test. My modem wasn't able to work for 24 hours since the installation. TSI wasn't able to help checking either. I went to my neighbour's house and found the temporally cable WASN'T EVEN CONNECTED TO ANYTHING! what a joke!

Chapter 3. You're at the middle of nowhere

I called TSI to complaint about it, but they had nothing to do about it. Only way was waiting from Rogers to send another guy in 3 days. The following conversation is very entertaining. You shouldn't miss it.

I was trying to complaint about the terrible unprofessional installation to TSI, the account manger told me they had nothing to do with it. It's all about their vendor, totally out of their control.

I asked if I can get my installation fee credited? TSI said, NO. cuz they didn't take a penny of it, it's all going to Rogers.

I said, if my money went to Rogers, can I contact Rogers for the terrible service? TSI said, YOU CAN'T, cuz you're not a customer of Rogers, they won't talk to you.

I asked, so can you call Rogers to report this incomplete installation? TSI said, NO, THE ONLY WAY THEY TALK TO ROGERS IS EMAIL. AND THERE'S NO IMMEDIATE RESPONSE FROM ROGERS.

I asked, does your boss have a solution to solve problem like this? TSI said, YOU CAN'T TALK TO MY BOSS, CUZ I AM YOUR CUSTOMER MANAGER.

You paid for an oil change. they opened and closed the hood but no oil changed. Remember, they will never give you money back!!!

alright guys, after reading it. you can make your call if you want to go with Teksavvy or not.

Comments:

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18

Hi johchenb,

Thanks for your review. I'm very sorry to hear about all the issues you ran into with your move and I assure you that's not how we want your experience to be. We are hoping to improve our communication with our vendors - a large part of our request to the CRTC is about this issue.

That being said, it does appear to have been some confusion about your installation and I would love to investigate and see exactly what happened and get to the bottom of this. Could you send us a message over in the »TekSavvy Direct forum? Thanks!

Best regards,

needsomehelp

join:2014-02-07
Canada

The joys of TPIA

First off, the old package you were on (presumably Cable 18) was the same price as the cable 25. The reason you didn't get any credit is probably because it's very hard to credit $0 to your account.
Second, you can't really blame Teksavvy for the Rogers tech not giving a damn and doing his job. That's like blaming your local coffee shop for the hungover employee who screws everybody's order up. The only difference is: Teksavvy can't exactly fire Rogers for their incompetence and irresponsibility, hence the legal proceedings going on in the CRTC right now.
And finally, Rogers won't let any TPIA talk to them except through email. And they don't always respond right away. Why would they? The angrier you are with Teksavvy, the more likely you are to go crawling back to them with their oh so wonderful contracts and price increases every month.

So discrediting Teksavvy for the complete and utter disregard of the incumbent is completely unfair. You should attack the REAL idiots here...Rogers.

Review by nujabes See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
Good "Friendly I guess?"
Bad "What use is friendly when they can never get the job done?"
Overall "**** internet, problems never resolved"

Been trying to stick Teksavvy out of principle since 2011, I can't do it anymore. All I hear is the "blame it on Shaw" game. Bottom line, despite being friendly, no one on their end wants to stop wasting my time troubleshooting for hours on end in order to help solve a problem which I'm 99.9% sure isn't on my end.

When I call in and your representative tells me jokingly that he groans when he handles other callers that lack computer expertise, there's a problem.

Issues:
-I've had packet loss of 5-10% to my gateway for months, maybe over a year--nothing has been done about this. Just endless "troubleshooting". When Shaw changes my gateway randomly, suddenly all the problems go away temporarily. I am not the only user in my area who has experienced this.
-When upgrading cable internet packages, Teksavvy screws up and I wind up without internet for a few days.
-When bringing up the internet issues I've been having with Teksavvy, it feels like everyone I talk to has an overall "refrain from taking responsibility approach" which consists of keep getting me to do hours and hours of troubleshooting in hopes of eventually getting me to give up solving the issue.
-Miscommunications when Teksavvy is filling out tickets with Shaw--I'd get off the phone after an hour or two with Teksavvy thinking that I've done all the troubleshooting required for them to gather enough information to put in a ticket with Shaw, but they wouldn't send it in. I'd find this out after following up with them a couple of days later and wondering WTF is going on.

Recap:
Internet problems unsolved. Tech support friendly but utterly useless. Great cheap internet if it works. If it doesn't work, you're better off going with an incumbent for sure. The way the system is set up, you're more than likely not going to get your problems resolved if you stick with Teksavvy. If you have a problem with your internet, it's a war of attrition to get it resolved.

TL;DR
If you enjoy having **** internet and having your problems go unheard/unresolved, then this is the ISP for you.

0/10 would not recommend.

Comments:

TSI Andre

Hi Nujabes,

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I see that you had a thread in the Direct Forum already.

We are going though it and your account to see how we can change the outcome of your review and how to improve ourselves.

Good evening Nujabes,

I have reviewed your account's history extensively and from what I've seen is that you have brought a few issues to our attention. Although most times, the issue either resolved itself or the threads where we performed troubleshooting would end abruptly. When we did submit tickets to our vendor, they were sent back to us advising us that there were no issues and that all information provided was within the norms. We did try a couple of modem exchanges but it seems as though that had no effect.

From what I've seen we did our best to assist you during many of our online/phone conversations. I agree with you that there is a problem with the last representative that you spoke to. We will definitely investigate the call and ensure proper coaching is performed. From what I have read in your recent direct thread, the issue went away after the gateway changed. We are hoping that it is smooth sailing from here but we'll always be on stand by if the boat goes off course.

If the issue does return, please let us know so that we can tackle it right away and attempt to find a solid fix while it is apparent. I do understand that it is quite frustrating, but we are willing to continue working with you and get to the bottom of it. I'll post some more details in your direct thread and follow up with you in there.

If you do have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

backtorogers

@rogers.com

not reliable

I had the exact same issues too many outages. I had more outages in 1 year with teksavvy then 10 years with rogers so switched back. The support is also very slow and I sometimes had to wait over
1 hour on phone to get hold of person. The staff is friendly and seem knowledgeable but reliable was horrible for me.

Review by nixyrus See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Nothing really."
Bad "Lousiest ever customer service."
Overall "Most. Frustrating. Customer. Service. Ever."

We switched to TSI around three years ago, expecting customer service to be better than incumbents. Sadly, we were severely disappointed recently when we tried to get an issue resolved via their customer service.

If you ever need a tech to come out and physically look at your line, be prepared to spend a lot of time on the phone with teksavvy reps first, trying to justify a tech to come out. If at any point the vendor says the issue has been resolved, repeat the entire process.

We spent around 5 hours on the phone, un-sucessfully, trying to have a tech come and replace a temp line, which could have been degrading our internet speed.

We then cancelled our service.

Upon cancellation, a Teksavvy rep refused to honour a previously applied credit for a period when the service was down. Apparently, their system cannot process a credit card refund, at least that's what the customer retention rep told me. On the plus side, it's not the vendor's fault.

Contrast this terrible customer experience with Amazon, who gave us a refund for a movie we tried to stream on Teksavvy while experiencing degraded internet speed. We did not even ask Amazon for a refund, just got an email with a full credit. BAM! We are now Amazon customers for life.

We are also trying to have teksavvy remove a downed cable left hanging by the side of our house, as it presents a safety issue to us and could damage cars in the driveway. As usual Teksavvy's reps are back-pedalling, contradicting themselves and using their vendor as an excuse to not do anything.

I'm hoping the folks from teksavvy on here will do a better job than the folks I've dealt with so far. Let's see.

Sequence of events:

Dec 22nd -- Cable in back yard down in storm.
Dec 29th -- Technician installed temp line, said they would put in permanent line later that day. Technician never returned.
Jan 1st -- Service so slow that it is unusable (speed test can't even be completed).
Jan 2nd first call -- called TekSavvy, spent 30 mins on phone with rep, call got disconnected, rep didn't call back.
Jan 2nd second call -- called TekSavvy, spent an hour on phone running tests. Told it is power level issue, Vendor may be able to fix from their end. May send technician on Sat am, Monday or Tuesday.
Jan 3rd first call -- no service at home. Called Teksavvy, told Vendor said issue fixed.
Jan 3rd second call -- power cycled modem, still no signal. told we need to email signal info to teksavvy for Vendor to send technician to take a look and Vendor may send someone over on original sat time slot.
Jan 4th -- Ryan at Teksavvy finally acknowledged that Vendor's temp line may be causing an issue with our service. So far, spent around 5 hours on the phone with tech support to get to this point. Ryan opened a second ticket with Vendor to replace temp line with a permanent line.
Jan 5th & 6th -- Told by Teksavvy, replacing temp line won't be done by vendor until Spring as it may be unsafe. Even though the same vendor replaced our neighbour's downed line 2 feet away.
Jan 7th -- Asked Teksavvy to send tech to remove our downed cable, hanging by the side of the house, which could pose a safety issue for us.
Jan 7th -- Teksavvy asked for photos showing downed line.
Jan 7th -- Cancelled Teksavvy service, cancellation/retention agent refuses to honour previously given credit for down/unusable service.
Jan 8th -- Sent Teksavvy photos of downed line.
Jan 8th -- Teksavvy now esponds by saying it is unsafe for vendor to replace downed line.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE:review

Hello Nixyrus,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review,

We understand that there was a major ice storm that has caused a lot of damage in the general Toronto area. Our vendor and the hydro companies have been working non-stop in the area to restore service.

We would be happy to look into this further for you. If you can please send a message via the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

We can look further into this and hopefully come to a resolution.

Re: RE:review

I have already spent way too much time on this issue. All I would like is 1) a refund for 11 days, which was promised to me before I cancelled my service and 2) a tech to come and remove the downed line, which is hanging by the side of the house and could cause damage to our property.

Hi nixyrus,

We can certainly look into the 11 days refund you are asking for. For us to do so, we would need to look up your account information so that we can investigate and see if the 11 days refund can be given to you. Could you please provide us your account information in the direct forum that Shawn linked in his post?

From my understanding through what you posted is that you cancelled your service already? We can look to see if our vendor can come out to fix the temp line if it is hazardous/a safety concern. This has never been done on a cancelled account so we do not know how our vendor will reply but we are more than willing to try.

Re: RE:review

My CID is xxxx. I am a customer until Feb 3rd, please feel free to email me anytime.

To be clear, I am only asking for two things:-

1) For the downed cable to be taken off my property. This cable is just hanging off the side of our house in the driveway and could cause injury or damage cars in the driveway.
I was previously told the cable would be removed once I provided photos showing the downed cable. I provided the photos and now I'm told it's unsafe for the vendor to come and replace an aerial line, which is not what I am asking for.

2) An already given credit for 11 days for down and unusable service to be honoured. I was given a 3 day credit minutes before cancelling my service and an 8 day credit was given last week. I was told by a "Brandon" in your retention dept, that a refund cannot be issued if I cancel my service, I understand the service is pre-paid, but surely Teksavvy has the means to apply a simple credit card refund credit.
For the record, I wanted to cancel my service effective Jan 19th but was told by Brandon that Teksavvy will not refund the days between Jan 19th and Feb 2nd. So, I'm already paying for two weeks more than I need to. To not honour a credit on top of that is very unreasonable. Brandon was unwilling or unable to help when I raised this issue with him.

Thanks

RE: Re: RE:review

Hello there,

Thank you for your reply.
I would like to get additional details from you, I would like to communicate with you more privately. Please post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum, We can assist you from there.

Thank you.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON

Re: RE:review

You may want to take your CID number off the public forums for security reasons... use the direct forums for this.

Emails

Nixyrus, I'm not sure where you sent those emails but I never received them. I see you posted those there but I have looked three times now for those and can't find either of them. If I had received them, you'd know because I always get the team right on any emails I receive like that.

Hopefully this gets resolved to your satisfaction. Feel free to PM me also..

Re: Emails

Hi Marc, perhaps I emailed the wrong email address, I did email the PR person listed on TSI press releases as well though...

All I am asking for is the previous credit to be applied (#2 on Jan 7). I took down the old downed wire myself, since the vendor hasn't responded in 4-5 days.

Hi Nixyrus,

The credit has already been applied and we are working on the burial. We tried to get you to post in the direct forum so we can provide you more details about this with specifics however you haven't posted yet.

Re: Emails

Yes, I received a cheque for the credit yesterday.

Thank you, I was very surprised when the agent I cancelled the service with told me that there was no way to provide a credit after cancellation.

I don't need the temp line replaced anymore per my reply to Marc above. I have also emailed the support email letting them know this is no longer needed.

Re: Emails

It's likely that the agent was saying that there is no way to provide a credit right away (I.e. Right there on the spot). They are processed in batches on a weekly basis..

Thanks for following up though. If I could ask you to remove the comments about me in your review. I would really appreciate that. I take pride in what we do. It upsets me that we weren't able to make this more enjoyable for you but maybe down the road we'll cross paths again.

Re: Emails

Thanks, for your help. I made the changes you requested.

It's water under the bridge for me now, as I have received my refund, but I think it's important for you to know about my experience on the phone re. the refund being honoured as that experience was nowhere as helpful as TSI folks on this forum have been:-

The retention rep ("Bryan") was very clear with me on the phone that there was no way the refund could be honoured since I had cancelled my service and refunds are applied in the following billing cycle.

I asked him if he had any discretion to apply/honour the refund, he said he didn't.

I asked if I could speak to someone else and was told that even if I called back, no one in the call centre could apply/honour the credit as I had cancelled my service and already paid for the upcoming month.

I then asked if he personally thought not honouring the credit was reasonable, he didn't have an answer.

When I asked to speak to his supervisor, I was told the supervisor does not take any customer calls.

When I asked what's the purpose of having a supervisor if customer calls can't be escalated to them, I was told supervisors are there only to "lead the team".

It wasn't a question of getting a credit on the spot.

From my perspective, it felt like the agent was simply not interested in being helpful once I told him at the beginning of the call that I had already picked another provider.

Again, thanks for your help, I just wanted to let you know about the my experience with the refund on the phone.
ShelaghDB

join:2012-09-02

Tech Savvy seems to be gaining quite a few unhappy customers lately, I hear!

I was very unhappy with Rogers cable and was going to go to Tech Savvy but it seems that i am hearing a lot of unhappy Tek Savvy customers as of late.

Threads like this one convinced me to stay with Rogers, especially because i managed to get a deal yesterday with them for $45 per month, modem rental included, 300 gigs and 30 Mpbs and no contract.
That I felt I could not beat, especially with the unhappy customers as of late with TS.

Sorry to hear such complaints as it was great to know that there was one or two companies giving the big 3 a run for their money, or at least there were.
I hope these problems are few and far between!
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Re: Tech Savvy seems to be gaining quite a few unhappy customers lately, I hear!

I'm saying this as a balanced consumer, not some FAN BOI as some on here are known to be.

Due to the growth Teksavvy has had, as will the vocal few that have ran into issues. It's still no where near the level Bell and Rogers get on a daily basis.

A lot of the issues stem from vendor issues that are a monopoly service mandated by the government, which vendors are not exactly willing parties to provide. This causes some lack of caring on their part even though they are paid, and paid well by companies like Teksavvy.

There seems to be a huge misunderstanding on how the system works in Canada, and under normal business operations, the company you deal with should be in charge of the whole connection from your home to the internet.. Sadly in Canada the incumbents (Bell/Rogers etc) have to provide the connection between your home and the 3rd party ISP's network. (not the internet, just the connection between the 2) This causes issue because they are looking out for their own retail customers/services first. This means appointments are missed, effort is not given to go above the call of duty, and things will happen. For most cases, there is no issue. But sometimes extra time and effort it required to get things up and running due to all this. The CRTC has an application to demand better of the incumbents but we will have to see how that plays out once a decision is made.

Teksavvy as well does have some issues with their NEWER customer service staff, which has caused problems. This has been very clear, but you will find most on this site from Teksavvy actually are very knowledgeable and can get things back on track if they do fall off the rails.

I can see after growth, levels off to more manageable levels, this being taken care of fully, but it is a work in progress as it would be for any company.

There are loads of companies available like START, VMEDIA etc. etc. that are great but on a smaller scale as well. The key is stopping the full flow of funds to THE BIG GIANTS if you want to see change in the market place. As long as everyone funds BIG BLUE, BIG RED etc, nothing will change.

Review by rainetara See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Nothing "
Bad "Insanely inept customer service"
Overall "Will be seeking out a new ISP"

I made the switch from Rogers to Teksavvy last spring, and besides a few interruptions that were very poorly handled (I was told that I would have to go out and purchase additional computer equipment before they could file a service request re: service disruption) I had internet that worked well for the price that I agreed to pay. My satisfaction with their services began to deteriorate around a move and subsequent move of internet service scheduled for December 1, 2013. Below you will find the details of my complaint. I was told that my only recourse was to send an email to the complaints department as Teksavvy, which I have done TWICE with no reply. I did ask during one of the many phone calls with Teksavvy for the email address of the CEO, and was denied.

Content of email sent to Teksavvy complaints on December 19 and January 3:

"I would have written this email sooner, but I don't have internet and therefore had to compose on my phone. Yes, the service that I have ordered, had 2 technicians out to install, been overcharged refunded and then charged again for, filed several complaints over and spent HOURS on the phone demanding continues to elude me.

I was an existing customer and scheduled a move of my services for November 30th. The closest appointment I could get to the day was December 2. On that evening a technician came out and refused to install the service as there wasn't any existing cable run, so he demanded a letter from the landlord. I explained that she lives a few doors away and that I could get her to come over. He said he wouldn't wait and gave me a form for her to fill out. No one has lived in this apartment for many years, and I was aware that there was no existing cable and could have provided that information if anyone had bothered to ask.

Just to see if I was paying attention, my November bill had an additional $79 dollars or so tacked on. No one I spoke to could explain why. I had to then wait for a cheque to refund the money that your company was never authorized to take in the first place.

I made several attempts to get a hold of Teksavvy about my failed installation. I spoke with a male representative to whom I gave my availability and explained the situation. He stated that he would try to get the service resumed that following weekend.

A few days later I received a confirmation email booking a time that I had indicated that I was unavailable (fighting with Teksavvy isn't my only job). I spoke with two separate service reps that day, and very clearly expressed my concerns and availability and requested an appointment during a time that I was actually available. I heard nothing for a few days. I called Teksavvy and demanded to speak with a manager. After explaining this ridiculous breach of customer service to another unsympathetic agent, I was connected to a "manager". He was in fact the same person I spoke to who botched my second appointment request. He stated that no further attempts had been made to change the date of the appointment that I was unavailable for, in spite of my speaking to two separate people about the matter. He assured me that he would reschedule.

On the following Tuesday I received a tentative time for Friday evening. When I hadn't received any confirmation by Friday at 1pm, I called your office. After being "disconnected" twice and waiting a total of 30 minutes on hold, I received confirmation of my appointment. When I asked when exactly they intended to confirm this appointment, she told me that they were just about to call.

Technician number 2 arrives and immediately refused to install my service. He states that he needs daylight to install a new service and couldn't now that it was dusk. I argued with him for awhile explaining that a technician had already been out and should have known the situation. I begged him to rebook the appointment for me as I could not bear to have to play broken telephone with your inept customer service department. Rogers called me later that evening to arrange an appointment that will hopefully happen sometime today.

After the initial failure to connect my service, I explained to the person I was speaking to on the phone that I would obviously not be paying for services that I was not receiving. The person I spoke with informed me that it would be my responsibility to inform Teksavvy when I actually did get service and then I would be refunded the money. While speaking to the "manager" on a separate occasion he assured me that I would not be charged for the month and that he was sorry about all the confusion. I received an invoice this morning, and have been charged. Charged for services that I do not have access to and obviously have not received.

As you can imagine I am shocked my your companies complete failure to provide the service that we have agreed to, and the appalling lack of customer service and I would like to be compensated for such. I am extremely disappointed by your company and will tell everyone I can about my experience. As a former Rogers customer, who was tired of being ripped off and bullied, I was hoping that I had found a better alternative. It seems not."

As an update, the service technician did install the service on December 19, and the connection is suboptimal. My few, again botched attempts at support have yielded no improvement. I suspect that I have needlessly replaced the router and am now paying someone to come and assess the situation since Teksavvy is not interested in functional product or customer service.

Additionally, the 3 weeks of service interruption that I was charged for and assured that I would be refunded on a subsequent phone call on December 20th, was again missing from my invoice that I received tonight. So I once again spent 30 minutes arguing over a refund for services that were never provided.

TR

Comments:

TSI Andre

Hi RT,

I apologize that your experience has been terrible so far. It is certainly not what we strive for.

I'd like to have one of my agents review your account so we can make this right and learn from our mistakes.

If you could post in our direct forum, we will investigate and make sure this gets corrected.

rainetara

join:2014-01-18

Good morning,

So you can't investigate unless I post this elsewhere? I have spent the equivalent of weeks already pursuing this, are you now suggesting that this will only be investigated if I post on the forum page?

Re: Your Review

We can't investigate until you provide us information as we don't know who you are. Here is the direct forum where you can post your account info privately: »TekSavvy Direct
rainetara

join:2014-01-18

Horrendous service!!!

Content of email sent to Teksavvy complaints on December 19 and January 3:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

When we investigate we try to do so in the direct forum or via help.teksavvy.com so account information is not released publicly. This is for your privacy that we do it this way. Please let us know how you would like to proceed!

Liz

Investigating

Hi there,

Elizabeth has provided me a timeline and I am now investigating the account further.

I will get back to you shortly.

Info

Hi Rainetara,

I will be providing you with my response in the Direct Forum.

Review by ddduser See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "acceptable cap limit"
Bad "connection reliability and support"
Overall "avoid"

CABLE 6 Mb package with 300 gb limit
Very bad connection reliability. Connection is stalling every few minutes
When you get a hold of a tech representative they are indeed patient and respectful but this does not help me with my problem.
The speed is constantly less than half of what we are paying.
We were previously DSL clients of Teksavvy and the quality of service was even worse than for cable

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We understand that not everyone one is knowledgeable on how the internet works & how issues may not always be obvious on resolving. There are definitely many things to be verified when troubleshooting an issue.

That said, if you could possibly get in touch with us via the »TekSavvy Direct forum, I would like to see what has been done by our techs & see if we can help you out get to the bottom of your issue.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Leathal
join:2002-02-09

Re: Your Review

This client makes two very good points that Teksavvy needs to work on if they want to stay in business.

1. Tech support is painful. Waiting time are atrocious. They call you back after more than 24 hr when you are obviously away.
2. The troubleshooting is a very long and complicated process that requires considerable work and knowledge on client side.

The MSP that I work for has been around for 25 years, and has never left clients waiting for their call back for more than 2 hours. And I have pointed out the 2nd issue before in the forums if you are providing the service you sure as hell better be doing MOST of the leg work trouble shooting issues your clients have because MOST not all will have a hard time turning on their computers, getting their email or surfing the web, to expect them to do all the trouble shooting will upset up enough that they'll leave Teksavvy. I am Senior L2 Tech at the MSP I work at, so I simply refuse to do your homework for you as I am the paying the customer, paying you for the service that I expect to work, and I expect to be respected just like all your other clients do.

Andrew

Pat

@pppoe.ca

Unstable Teksavvy

I currently have teksavvy and I have lost the connection more than I can remember. Since I have cable internet and know that TS is on Rogers lines I thought that I would call Rogers to see if it was just TS that was down. And it was the only one that was down. Long story short I may be wrong with by saying that it's Rogers fault but either way teksavvy has been terrible with service and time spent waiting and working with the techs is simply not worth it. Currently shopping for a new, more reliable ISP.

Re: Unstable Teksavvy

Hello Pat,

Thank you for your message.
We can certainly get to the bottom of your connections issues and see where the issue lies. Troubleshooting will be required.

Please post a message in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum. We can have a look at your account assist you further with the issues that you are experiencing.

Review by GFong See Profile

Good "Nothing: Rogers offered me the same price as TekSavvy when I switched"
Bad "Customer service, promised updates, insulting compensation, paying for service they didn't provide"
Overall "AVOID! 21 days without service, was offered to be compensated for only 18 of those days. Promised many things, lied about all."

I was 21 days without internet service from TekSavvy! When the service was back up, they only offered to compensate me for 18 out of those 21 days without reason....I was insulted! When I asked why I need to pay for days that service was not provided all they said was "18 days was all that was approved for". You would think that after THREE WEEKS without service, they would offered me a few months free for my hassle, but instead they insult me by only compensating me for 18 of the 21 days I didn't have service, making me pay for something I wasn't given... it's like STEALING!

For the 21 days I didn't have service, I've been made many promises (free extra month on top of outage days, 48 hour turnarounds to call me back)... none of which were kept. I understand that they use Rogers' infrastructure to provide service, but false promises for compensation, no call backs, no status updates, and an insulting offer at the end: 18 days CREDIT for 21 days of no service (credit would only be offered if I STAYED with TekSavvy...and I still needed to pay for 3 days for service I wasn't provided).

I've documented the past 21 days and have been on the phone with TekSavvy for ~20 hours. I have a CID number and phone logs as proof. My telephone line is VOIP and I've told them this, but they still insist on calling me there for some reason (I would think they would document if someone had VOIP and not call them there if their internet was down).

I will spell out the 21 day nightmare here (I have names and phone extensions of tech support and supervisor names, but I will leave them out... for now)

Day 1 wake up in the morning without service - September 25 (yes, the issue was only resolved yesterday... it was resolved by LEAVING TEKSAVVY!) - Called TekSavvy (30 min wait), was told a 48 hour turnaround to fix the issue

Day 3 - 48 hours later I receive TekSavvy phone call - issue resolved. When I get home, internet doesn't work. Call Tech Support (35 min wait), Tech Support says "I don't know why someone called you when clearly the problem hasn't been solved yet". They need another 48 hours to deal with the issue. We'll contact you within 48 hours.

Day 5 - by the end of the day, no one has contact me. Call Tech Support (30 min wait). Said they will "escalate the issue".... ESCALATION TAKES 48 hours!!! "We'll contact you for sure with an update in 48 hours"

Day 7 - NO ONE contacts me. Call Tech support (20 min wait) I finally become angry and request for the supervisor. Supervisor says "usually customers with issues over 4-5 days are put on a list so they can be given status updates". WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN ON THE LIST???!!! IT'S BEEN 7 DAYS! (I still don't get updates after this). Supervisor promises the following:

- will be compensated for at least 30 days on top of the outage days (DID NOT HAPPEN)

- A MANAGER will call me (DID NOT HAPPEN)

- A MANAGER will talk to me to compensate me more than 1 month since my case has taken an unusual amount of time to get resolved (DID NOT HAPPEN)

Once again issue has been "escalated".. second escalation.

Day 8 - NO ONE contacts me. Call Tech support. They say "I see the escalation...we'll escalate it again, this time we'll contact you within 24 hours". THIRD ESCALATION!!! WHAT DOES ESCALATION EVEN MEAN TO THEM??!!! I tell the supervisor regarding day 7... she said she can't make any promises and dismisses my concern regarding when the internet will be fixed and says that If I leave TekSavvy now, I won't get compensated for the days I didn't have internet (What?!! I need to pay for something I wasn't provided???), unless I stay with them until they fix the issue.

Day 10 - Another supervisor calls me (not manager as promised) - FIRST call I receive since day 3 (which was a call saying my internet was fixed...which obviously it's not)! He assures me they're still working on it and to give him 2 days and he'll personally call me back (he doesn't call and I never hear from him again)

Day 12 - 48 hour turnaround promised...but no one contacts me.

Day 13 - Teksavvy calls me... 1.5 hours turning my modem on and off

Day 14 - repeat of day 13

Day 18 (Thanksgiving weekend) - Calls me, and I'm busy so they leave a voice mail

Day 19 - receive an e-mail saying "If we do not get a response via e-mail or by phone, by either us contacting you or vice versa. Your ticket issue will be considered resolved." WHAT?!!! They call me once and now they're going to "CONSIDER" my issue RESOLVED! I call them and tell them it hasn't been resolved.

Day 21 - By the end of the night no one contacts me. I call tech support (40 min wait), after 30 mins of troubleshooting, internet works! They say they know I'm looking for compensation for the days I've been out of internet. She comes back and offers me 18 days for 21 days of no service!!! I was absolutely insulted, beside the fact that they didn't even offer me anything more for the 3 week nightmare.. their compensation offer was for me to PAY FOR SERVICE I DIDN'T RECEIEVE!!! So they didn't provide me the service and wanted to charge me for it.

I get a supervisor on the line and after another 20 mins, she only offers me 20 days and belittles me by saying that even if I call in again, tech support will see that I've already been offered 20 days and no one will give me more than that. I do call in again to tech support (25 min wait), and after some time, they give me 21 days of compensation. I tell them that I'm unhappy with their service and the promises that they made and I'll be leaving TekSavvy... and they say "the 21 day compensation is a CREDIT, and will receive it on your next bill, if you leave now, you won't get the credit". So now after 3 weeks of headache, they say they won't give me my money for a service I wasn't provided. After at total of 2 hours on the phone with them... they SAID they'll write me a cheque for 21 days... I left TekSavvy, it's not worth the headache.

Day 22 - Day after cancellation (today). I called TekSavvy-Accounts knowing their tendency to deliver false promises, I wanted to make sure. They said they won't be writing me a refund cheque for 21 days since the system still says it's only a CREDIT if I stay with TekSavvy (but I've already cancelled the service). Why do I need to keep checking up on them to make sure things are done properly??!!!

- 6 promised phone calls that I didn't receive

- Contact by a manager to discuss my situation which did not happen

- A promise to be put on a contact list for "prolonged no service scenarios" like mine, did not happen

- Compensation that was promised that was not delivered

- The nerve to e-mail (during a long weekend) informing me that if I didn't contact them that they would consider my issue resolved (considering all the promised phone calls from them)

- Making me pay for a service they didn't provide and offering an insulting 18 day CREDIT compensation after 21 days of NO SERVICE

- After hours of waiting and talking to "higher ups", they "said" they'll refund me 21 days in the form of a written cheque, however, when I called in to confirm the next day, it's still only a 21 day "credit" if I stay with them... another lie (They promised me a cheque in the mail and I've already cancelled my services, how would I use the credit?)... need to waste more time calling them to do their jobs properly and ensuring they deliver on what they promise.

BEWARE of their false promises and insulting compensations! I bought a modem from them only a year ago, can't use it at Rogers, now it's just a paper weight.

member for 1 year, 7 visits, last login: 364 days ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hey there,

Thank you for your feedback! I'd first like to apologize for this situation, I can assure you that this is a rare occurrence that is not taken lightly.

Now since I do not have any account information I cannot confirm that this is indeed the case for your account, but generally speaking we advise a customer 48 hours as that is what Rogers requests from us. Since we are a reseller we are required to give them 48 hours to process the information we've sent to them in regards to the repair.

If they respond to us saying the issue is resolved we will let you know that the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately since we rely on them to complete the repair we cannot definitively determine if the issue has indeed been resolved without speaking with you. This is why we'd report the issue resolved when indeed it is not.

In regards to the credit, I'm not sure why my colleagues would only offer 18 days of credit for something that took 21 days to resolve. Would it be possible for you to post in the DSLR TekSavvy Direct forum with your previous account info so I can look in to what happened here so I could provide you with a better, more detailed explanation.

Unfortunately without account info I can only provide a very limited explanation and information.

Jon

Re: Review

For you to "confirm this is indeed the case":

I understand the 48 hour turnaround since you are a reseller. I was surprised when tech support said "I don't know why someone called you when clearly the problem hasn't been solved yet" and all the times that someone was supposed to call me regarding my internet status but didn't. The supervisors apologized but it continued to happen afterwards.

I'm not sure why they offered me 18 days either, that's something you can look into.

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Hello GFong,

Thank you for the account information. I have reviewed your account and I see the credit for 21 days was added to your account. It will be sent out by cheque for you, you will receive that shortly and cheques are sent out on Fridays. In regards to not receiving credit if we are not given the opportunity to troubleshoot and fix the issue; you were absolutely informed correctly. In the terms and conditions that you agree to three times when we are setting up your account you are informed of this. We also email you a copy of the terms and conditions when you first sign up for service with us so you can review them. Without agreement to these terms your account would not have been set up.

In regards to not receiving follow up on your account when requested. I see your account was with our case management team and they attempted to contact you almost every day from October 7th until October 14th, 2013. Every note left on your account says they reached your voice-mail, these notes also indicate the case management team left messages for you to call back as they were unable to reach you directly. When they were unable to reach you after a week of trying to contact you, they sent you an email stating they were no longer following your account; as they were unable to contact you after multiple attempts. Our case management team is the team you were told you were going to be contacted by and they would be following your account. They did have your account and they were following for a resolution.

I do apologize you are upset with this situation and we certainly do regret to lose you as a customer however when reviewing your account it looks like everything you were looking for was addressed and completed on your account.

Anymore questions please let us know through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are always happy to assist.

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Re: Review

To clarify your above mentioned credit situation. I was given a 21 day credit after 3 hours of arguing with 3 different people and calling twice (waiting in the queue again) to speak to another representative after the 1st and 2nd one would not give me my 21 days of credit. You can be honest on this forum.... check the account, I was originally offered 18 days, and then 20 days and then finally 21 days with some more arguing.

Also, as written in my original note, I use VOIP which I informed the tech support staff MULTIPLE times, and as you know if I don't have internet, you can't reach me at my house line... OF COURSE it will goto my voicemail. And as you also said you only tried to reach me October 7th which was already my 13th day without service.

I didn't expect this type of customer service from TekSavvy, I spoke highly of TekSavvy until this incident.

·TELUS
·FreePhoneLine

said by GFong:

You really have to understand the limitations of VOIP and as such have alternatives. ie FORWARD OR RING GROUP YOUR CALLS TO A CELL PHONE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If your voip was unreliable, you should have given them an alternative phone number.

Sorry about your service being disrupted though. I do know that hardware will fail and it can be aggravating to diagnose what is going wrong with your system.

In an ideal situation, it's best to have backup hardware, but that is a lot of wasted money sitting around doing nothing.

1 day of service I would have gone crazy, so I feel for you.

How long had you had service for with teksavvy? Are you in a 'new' territory?

Re: Review

I understand the limitations of VOIP. It wasn't my VOIP that was unreliable, but I can't use it if there's no internet connection. TekSavvy does has my cell phone number but decided not to call it.

I was with TekSavvy for 1 year and 3 months, I heard good things about them so I switched over from Rogers but now I've switched back.
Expand your moderator at work

·TELUS
·FreePhoneLine

Re: Review

That's too bad. It's my experience that once something gets fixed in a catastrophic situation like this, almost nothing ever bad happens again. After that point it's time to reap the rewards.

I don't know what your region charges, but for my $30, I get twice the cap size for half the cost compared to shaw, and I get double the speed for half the cost of what Telus charges.

So from my viewpoint, I expect horrible customer service, and I'll take it gladly if I get a reduction in internet service costs.

Disregarding the service interruption of which 21 days is just too long, you did prove though that calling in isn't necessarily the best thing to do. If I ever have a problem like this. I"m going to the direct forum to get my issues solved. Call service is spotty depending on the person trained on the other end. The forum while slow, documents everything.