Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by mazhurg See Profile

• Location: Brighton,ON
Good "Simple, performing, good customer service"
Bad "goes through Cogeco cable lines - increased response time to faults."
Overall "Go for it!"

·MTS
Ok, Later review as I am on this service since July 2014. Ordered service (initially 20/10) prior to move from another province. Only glitch here is that they sent the modem/phone to the new address 3 weeks before closing date (but quickly rectified). Service was taken through cable as DSL lines are prehistoric (hear that Bell!). At the same time VOIP was taken for phone.

Everything was available on install date and the install proceeded without hitch.

There was only one issue since that provided poor performance and it was traced to the cable infrastructure - Cable people took their sweet time to fix ;( - otherwise nothing but good connectivity and performance for both streaming and gaming.

In March 2015 line infrastructure upgrades now provide for 30/10 bandwidth and Teksavvy increased monthly transport to 400GB (+ unlimited at nights) which is plenty for our household needs. One thing to mention - which we have not needed to use - is that an account could transfer to unlimited for the same price if one is willing to have bandwidth halved during prime time periods (evenings).

All in all a good product from a reliable ISP.

Now if they could offer IPTV...

member for 10.9 years, 5942 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Andre

Thanks!

Thanks for posting your review. Despite the couple of hiccups, I am glad to see we addressed them quickly and also that the service is working as it should.

oh and p.s. we're working on it

Review by xdrag See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Great ISP making big leaps for Canadian internet"
Bad "Cable Reliability and recent expansion issues"
Overall "BEST value for money, don't hesitate if you're willing to tough out some rough patches."

I was a DSL customer of Teksavvy since 2009 and due to the UBB issues, I recently switched to Teksavvy's cable offer. I was probably one of the earlier ones to jump ship. The install was flawless and after a quick phone call to tech support, I was up and running.

The main issue I have with the cable service is reliability. TWO times, there has been a congestion issue with the McNicoll POI that took weeks to fix. Hopefully the latest fix is the last fix. That being said, when the service is up and running the way it's suppose to be, it's a beauty. Speedboost with speeds of 50megs+ blaze through all the video streaming I do and p2p speeds are ALWAYS unthrottled. Lastly, the caps are reasonable and the best out there.

I have 2 landlines, 2 cable services and 1 DSL services with teksavvy in my family. I will continue to support teksavvy with my business as I believe they hold the key to Canada's internet future.

However with their "break-through" year rolling along and recent massive expansion, a lot of issues have slowly creeped up. Mainly, customer support and communication with their customer base has deteriorated (though still the one of the best in the industry).

This is not unexpected with any organization that's expanding. After their growth has stabilized, I hope teksavvy will go back to their roots and continue to excel in the principles that made them successful in the first place: unprecedented customer support and unrivaled value.

All that being said, I wouldn't hesitate to refer someone to teksavvy. They provide industry-leading services and support at everyday affordable prices.

EDIT: No longer the best value for money, after upsizing the company is a shell of its former self, recommend Start instead and/or Rogers for upper tiers

Comments:

TSI Alan

Thanks For Your Review

Hi xdrag,

Thanks for your review, and sharing your experiences with us over the years.

Feedback from long time customers like yourself is highly valued, as you have been a part of our journey and growth over the years - and yes, some of the growing pains that accompany it.

In terms of dollar value, we are always working with our vendors to provide the best packaging and pricing options for our customers, and will continue to do so.

Additionally, we are refocusing our energies on making/keeping our customer support top notch in the industry!

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

TSI Mathew
join:2013-10-25

Re: Thanks For Your Review

Hi xdrag,

I am really sorry to hear this, especially coming from a long time customer and I can assure you that we a making steps to better the customers experience during difficult times, especially the communication aspect!. I would love to get someone on this first thing tomorrow, should you want our help.

Sincerely,

Mathew
Mathew Hedden
Head of Customer Experience Management Team
TekSavvy Solutions Inc

Review by Montreal DSL See Profile

• Location: Montreal-DSL
Good "Better, more stable connection with cable than DSL (in Quebec)"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Better cable internet than DSL internet, at least in my case"

Changed from 6M DSL dry-loop to 5M cable.

Is is cheaper. Similar download and better upload speed. Connection more stable. Videotron tech did a good job with wiring.

Not sure why I did not change before.

For Quebec I do recommend Teksavvy Cable service

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

response to review

Thanks for the positive review! Appreciate you taking the time to write this. Any questions or concerns feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers!
Liz

Review by fefrie See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
Good "Promised speeds as reported or faster depending on which test. Setup fees not too bad."
Bad "intermittent packet loss/high pings that go away after a couple of hours."
Overall "Service in Mature High Density Shaw areas is somewhat reliable. Recently, not so much."

·FreePhoneLine
Update March 10 2015: So a recent day without service. It was a noted issue and I finally escalated it to a ticket. Later in the day it reconnected. Using speedtest, I get 'burst' speeds up to 30mbps for a couple of seconds then it throttles back to my subscribed speeds (prev 15mbps). I'm guessing that sCable with it's contiued oversubscrption on my node finally upgraded. So I'm hoping that packet loss errors will not be an issue for a long while. I should note that with the increase in speed, there is no increase in performance or a 'faster' internet, which continues to prove that the bottleneck is the internet and not my connection.

I am going to increase my connection reliability score and services score in hopes that this will be the end of service disruptions.

Update Jan 27 2015: Teksavvy has been pretty good when using DSL reports for customer service. If you can wait for answers, this is the way to go. They've been pretty proactive in trying new options and making it attractive for me to try different things. I still think that the cause of the problem lies with the incumbent, and as such, I can't really falut TSI for poor connection reliabliy. I'll ukp the Value for money up one unit again.

Update Jan 25 2015: A pretty predictable pattern of 9-10pm 15-20% packet loss or ping times from 500-1000ms TSI Support has been good in responding to my forum postings and are limited in the actions they can take with incumbent. I do have a docsis 2.0 modem, so that may be the problem or the node may be oversubscribed. Upped tech support ratings, upped Connection reliablilty (not TSI Fault?), upped value for money (400/gb/month in unlimited periods)

Update Jan 14 2015: I expect that there will be intermittent packet loss at least 2-3 times a month. I can't drop connection reliablilty anymore, so I have to drop services to 3/5. I'm still happy with service overall. I'd switch, but I'm staying with teksavvy mostly to stick it to the incumbents.

Update Dec 09 2014: Terrible ping quality. It's been a continuing intermittent problem. Typically at night. I'm getting really tired of this.

Update July 29, 2014 Packet loss Round 3. This is getting tiring. Connection reliability rating drops from 25% to 0%. I actively promote teksavvy because I would love that $1/month discount refferal, but I can't do it if I have to tech their line ever month when something goes wrong because my friends aren't as tech to winmtr the line.

Update July 07, 2014 Packet loss has come back. This time opened up a ticket. Used the direct forum and phone calls for help. The process has gone smoother since I do alot of the work before the call testing. Opened up a ticket. Packet loss is 32%. Not good.

Tech support gets upgraded two points (4/5) for making the process faster. Connection reliability gets dropped one point to2/5)

Update June 19, 2014: Didn't do anything, and the packet loss has disappeared. The internet seems like it is at it's speedy normal. I am glad that I didn't waste too much time doing all the tests. I wish TS would tag me as a high functioning computer user so that when I call, they know that I've done everything necessary on my end, probably having powercycled everything 3-4 times already, and asking me to do futile things such as switching ethernet and coax cables is not necessary.

When I have issues with 4 computers in the house at the same time, and once I've direct connected to the modem bypassing the router, the issues are possibly with the modem, but more likely upstream.

Update June 15 2014: Slow internet for 2 days. Tested high packet loss. Emailed support and sent another long list of 'necessary' tests. This is getting aggravating. Woke up this morning and speed seems to be better, but packet loss is still there. Is 15-20% bad? Pings to gateway have no packet loss, but pings to google.com have as high as 28%

I'm dropping Value, services, connection reliability points. I talked to another person in my area that had unending packet loss issues and his solution after months was to leave. Is this the beginning of the end for me?

Update May 07: 930am. Disconnected for about another 5 minutes.

Update: April 21: 11:40pm PST Second connection problem. Granted, it just happened for about 5 minutes but it still happened. Didn't reset the router, modem, and computer. It just came back. If you have a connection problem, just walk away for an hour or two, maybe four. It's not really worth calling in and losing hours of your time. Since this was a short term connection error, and things have been working really well with my upgraded router (480mhz cpu, 128mb ram) I am upgrading my connection reliability rating.

Update Mar 2014: My first connection problem. I called in at 12pm and got connected to a tech agent pretty quick. Call got disconnected, had to call back again at 2pm and waited 20 minutes on hold, continued teching. Call got disconnected, called back at 3 pm, and waited 30 minutes. As I understand it, they don't call people back on disconnects. Neither do they call if you ask them to in the Direct forum. This is aggravating.

The tech bug chasing is pretty tiring and exhausting. I had to ping test/ traceroute which is high level tech stuff for a customer/consumer to do. Restart/reboot/powercycle the modem and my two computers a million times.

I know how to do it, but I can't imagine a normal person would know how to access command window functions. I was afraid that my modem went bad so I jumped through all hoops doing the reboots and different computers and restarts needed to make sure that stuff works. They told me to change all the ethernet wires since they can go bad. Cmon, really? Copper coated aluminium cable goes bad? What about the stuff that is installed in walls and never moves?

I sort of understand that they need to make sure everything is ok before the send a tech, but they wanted me to also change the coax cable that went into the modem into the wall to see if that failed. Cmon, really? Cable goes bad? Indoor cable coax doesn't have the longevity of the same cable that has been sitting on the outside of my house for years? Needless to say, I lied and said that I changed the cable.

The problem was then acknowledged to be outside of my house with a routing issue. All in all, it was an exhausting 4 hours to check my hardware to make sure that it's fine. It's a pain in the ass. I'm dropping my connection reliability rating. Any other customer would have had a hissyfit if the tech asked them to to a ping test and tracerout and send the results to them via email on a connection that doesn't work.

The third tech megan proved to be very nice and finished up the ticket, and the problem magically disappeared as we were teching it again. It turned out to be a problem with Routing at the network.

In future, I wish the techs would just ask if I would prefer to make a note for the sysadmins to look to see if there is failure trend and call me back if I want to help diagnose or give me the option of teching for them for four hours. It was a huge waste of my time.

It's better for TS to acknowledge that the customer has a problem, see if a trend develops, than waste the customer's time to see if there is something wrong with their router, computer , or modem.

I am so tired of this episode.

Update Jan 2014: I was having some slow internet response, so I removed QOS and everything seems to work better than ever. The internet seems to be really quick and responsive. If you are going to use QOS, you need a high quality router.

UPDATE OCT 2013: We were having router issues, so finally changed from DDWRT to Tomato. QOS is now finally working properly. As a long time user of DDWRT I was reluctant to change to Tomato, however, Tomato has more finite adjustments for Bandwidth shaping. Changed to an 'ancient' tomato compatible linksys e900 router. (Actually a downgrade from my previous router) Works in an old house with 7 users and their devices and VOIP. Tomato is the only router I have used so far that has been able to throttle torrenting properly.

With router updates and hardware adjustments and Teksavvy, I now have a network running at 7.5/512k that is more than adequate for many many users that would have needed a much more expensive service to accomodate. I now see regular burst speeds into the 14-18-22mbps range. This makes Youtube HD streaming absolutely possible. There is no buffering, and the grey bar easily outpaces the red progress bar. These are speeds that are completely unheard of when I was with telus 6. I NEVER ever saw a speed higher that 6mbps when I was with telus.

UPDATE Sept 1013: Everything is working fine. It seems like Teksavvy, like any other cable company has burst incoming speeds of up to 22mbps then settles down to 7.5mbps. Everything is working so well that I have to upgrade my network from wireless g to n to take advantage of the burst speed.

I wish that if you signed up for a 1 year contract that they would waive the installation fee.

UPDATE: June 2013. Everything is working fine. Speed test still reports DL speed as up to 15mbps, even though I only subscribe to 7.5mbs. My laptop througput monitor confirms that it's running at 15mpbs which is about the limit for my wireless g connection.

I needed to contact customer service for a seperate matter and it took 26 minutes to reach an agent to solve my problem. I expected this. This was on a Friday at 6pm pst.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I previously had telus with phone and internet for $43 including tax. Every six months, I had to 'beg' Telus to give me the credits to make phone/internet cost viable and competitive. after their recent increase to $55 and their refusal to honor their original contract with me for phone ($17/month) it was time to move.

I tested a voip land line, and with a lot of tweaking I've made it work to the point that the quality is just the same as a land line.

My telus speed was rated at 6.0mb/s and it would on occasion hit that speed on regular internet surfing, or when downloading full speed connections.

I bought a used modem locally for $30, or you can find them online on ebay delivered easily for $35 including shipping. (Update: With Docis 2.0 becoming outdated, if you only need speeds up to 30mbps, these routers can be found for as little as $10)

I ordered the 7.5mb cable service with 300gb bandwidth cap. Previously I was unrestricted, and I would often go way over 300mb, but they have unlmited bandwidth between 2am and 8am so I will just modify my programs to work within those constraints.

The lack of an online interface that monitors on/off peak usage is a little aggravating.

Customer service is a 20 min wait by phone, but they are also responsive by email.

The installation process was a little bit of a hassle because they act as go between between the local cable company and me, which calls for 2 to 3 extra 20 mintue calls when an email would have been more appropriate..

Once the tech came and installed, Everything was fine. The modem fired up and connected without problems.

Now there is the issue with speed comparison:

Telus 'sells' a 6.0mb connection, and using 'pure' download connections like my podcaster, I would hit the max speed easily. Surfing everywhere else on the net was a so so experience, never every getting max speed on regular websites, but at the same time I didn't expect as such.

I bought a 7.5mb cable connection from teksavvy. Here are side by side comparisons:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 8876.png

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 1051.png

»testmy.net/KgnH0mA.uJZ3qwr.png

»testmy.net/VcGr9n3.Jv3hyCQ.png

And Youtube reports that my speed is 2.0mb/s with telus and 7.9mb/s with teksavvy.

So I'm not sure what to beleive when it comes to what actual speeds are. Is telus undercutting me with a subpar line, or it teksavvy over delivering?

Judging by the 2 out of 3 result, it seems like telus has been gouging me for many years. Seems like they advertise a service that INCLUDES tcp overhead, but teksavvy delivers on TRUE bandwidth.

There is no phone or video on demand option, but I'm pretty sure that if you wanted something like netflix, i'm pretty sure that it would work. There is no option for live sports.

Voip landline works great.

The total extra fees to get me started on teksavvy was $79 for the installation and $30 for a modem that I got used.

With the money I saved I will pay off for this extra expense in four months.

I should have done this years ago. And with the usage of a voip phone now, moving service from house to house should the need arise is extremely simple.

I am

member for 2.6 years, 237 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

WELCOME!

Hello fefrie,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we always love getting feedback from our customers! Secondly, I'd like to welcome you to the family!!

Also, we are in the midst of hiring a lot of new agents so if you need us in the future we're working hard to get the wait times down to a more reasonable level asap. Also should you need us for any reason you can also reach out to us here on the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

There has been quite an interest voiced in us getting TV service in the future. There is nothing in the works at the moment, but who knows what the future may bring

Bear in mind, not only is usage free between 2 and 8 am but we also don't count upload traffic towards your cap!

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback and please don't hesitate to let us know if any questions or concerns come up.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Re: WELCOME!

Could you clarify 'Uploads are free'?

Is it that uploads are free 24/7 or only free during the 2-8am period?

Re: WELCOME!

Period! Uploads don't count. Downloads are not counted during those times.

Hello Fefrie,

Thank you for the update on your services!! Glad to see everything is still working as it should, and you’re receiving excellent speeds with your connection. This is fantastic!!! Please continue to keep us updated on your TekSavvy journey. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are always happy to help!

Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Chatham, ON

Updated Review

Hello Fefrie,

Thank you for the updated review. I regret to hear you have had a service issue with your connection. Our phone agents most certainly do call back when a phone disconnects as long as another call has not connected on the line as soon as the call drops. Which does happen when it’s busy, and it makes it difficult to be able to call back. I have located and reviewed your account to see about the call dropping during troubleshooting and there are notes from the tech agent you spoke to indicating they attempted to call you back when the call dropped however the call was blocked and they were unable to reach you. There are notes indicating for the next agent what troubleshooting had been completed already and what needed to be completed if you contacted us back. Again we certainly do apologize if there was no call back.

If you can post in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct a contact number where you can be reached at I can update your account to ensure we can call you back in the future if you are disconnected again.

We also require troubleshooting for all issues prior to being able to tell you what issue you are having or if you are part of an area issue. We are unable to see your connection from our side to tell you what your issue is or to tell you that your part of an area issue. Troubleshooting must be completed on all issues or we are unable to go forward with diagnosing your issue or assisting you with your connection. We understand it is frustrating to troubleshoot however we must complete it or we are blind to your connection. Fully troubleshooting all issues allows us to understand what issue you are having and what direction we need to go in to fix your service. I hope this helps you understand a little better why we troubleshoot all issues, I can assure you we are not trying to be difficult and we do want to help and diagnose your issue.

Thank you again for your updated review. If you have any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to message us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again
Tsi-ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Re: Updated Review

It was a one time thing, and the thing that I wish happened was...

I wasn't home when it happened.

It probably would have fixed itself anyways.

If I didn't have a string of router failures, I wouldn't have been so paranoid that my modem went bad.

If I knew 100% that my modem was still fine and working, I would have just gone out for a nice walk.

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Re: Updated Review

Thank you for the update fefrie.

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18

Review update

Hey there Fefrie,

Thanks for your updated review! Glad you're still enjoying the service! Please do let us know if you run into any further disconnections as we want to make sure to fix any potential issue.

TSI Kris

Chatham, ON

Update

Hi fefrie,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, troubleshooting is not a 5 second job so naturally when we email you steps on what we need, it will be a bit long and that could be intimidating.

My recommendation would be to call in to have our support go through the steps with you.

Can you please create a post in the direct with your contact number and best contact time so we can have support reach out to you?

Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Re: Update

I created a ticket already.

I do have a question though. If I do a ping test and get 100% fine to your gateway, but get a 28% packet loss to google.com, is it really necessary that I do everything else on your exhaustive list?
Expand your moderator at work

Re: Update

There are only a few things we ask that are not part of our vendor's requirements that we ask to help us narrow things down however the majority is something we must as without, a ticket cannot be opened or will get rejected.

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Fefrie

Thank you for the updated review. I am so happy to see the packet loss has resolved itself for you. We most certainly do know that you’re an experienced user and any troubleshooting requested is needed by our vendor. I know you know we are not trying to be difficult when we ask you to check the simple things, we are bound by our vendor’s requirements for service affecting issues.

Thank you again for your updated review. Please let us know in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct if you have any further questions. We are always happy to help you.

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Re: updated review

I'm probably going to have to go through a full test.

I'm at the library now, and the internet just works faster here. I thought that it was my legacy computer, but that proves to not be the case.

It could be my d2.0 router, but tech has said that the likelihood is low.

Packet loss is low (2-4%), but pings can be high in the 200-300ms.

I was willing to accept high pings as an anomoly, but at the library, the experience is noticeably faster, maybe it's the faster speed here too, but high pings will make fast seem slow too no?

Can I still upgrade up to 10 or 25mbps with my 2.0 modem?

Chatham, ON

Update

Hi there,

I see that you also create a public thread and you posted in the Direct. We will have someone follow-up with you in the direct.

Thanks.

I post in both threads because I want to know/show others and communicate with each other to see if there is a trend in Vancouver

Review by Dustyn See Profile

• Location: Ontario, CAN
Good "Excellent competitive prices over Rogers"
Bad "None to mention so far (too early)"
Overall "An excellent alternative to Rogers"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
- MONDAY, MARCH 03, 2015 5:24PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME -

Disconnected from the Rogers High Speed network on March 08, 2015 at 11:36AM. (A little unhappy about that as I expected a midnight cut off)
Motorolla SURfboard SB5100 logs indicated that the device was no longer authorized at the specified time.
TekSavvy 30/10 plan 400GB /month (unlimited between 2:00am - 8:00am) went live sometime during the day of Monday, March 09, 2015. Activation window: 8:00am - 5:00pm
A remote TPIA switch which did not require me to me home and was done all on TekSavvys end after Rogers handed over control.
As to what time I am unsure as I was at work until 3:00PM. Swapped out old SB5100 and installed the Technicolor DCM476 when I got home.
Powered up modem and installation was complete and I was online around 4:45PM.
Modem took approximately 5 minutes to power up.

I will do my best to maintain this log as my Rogers High Speed Internet reviews were very few and sparse.
»[Cable] Rogers -> TekSavy: Preperations?
====

member for 12.1 years, 3961 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

Re: review

Hello Dustyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

We are pleased to hear that the activation went smoothly. If you ever need assistance you can post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum.

Welcome to the TekSavvy family!

Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Dustyn
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Re: review

Thank you kindly Shawn!
So far everything is running perfectly.
I made sure to add »TekSavvy Direct to my list of forum favorites for quick access.
"Graffiti Wall" Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Review by ohzopants See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "I get the full speed I pay for and a nice big data cap"
Overall "Best value internet package available to me, by far"

I get exactly what I was sold, consistently. 15/1 for for 42.95$/month. There is no throttling at all on my line anymore.

There are occasional slow downs on some evenings, but it always remains usable.

I transferred over from Rogers and Rogers chose to disconnect me completely instead; it took about 10 days to get me reconnected by them.

I'm using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem (Webstar) that I already owned so I can't comment on the modems available from Teksavvy.

I have not needed tech support to date, so I can't comment there.

UPDATE - 2012/03/26: After about a year of service I can safely say that it still rocks. The monthly rate has gone up a bit (mostly due to the CRTC, now at 46.95$/month before tax), but my download speed's been upped twice so far: first 15Mbps to 24Mbps, and then again from 24Mbps to 28Mbps. Still haven't needed technical service of any kind, so still no comments there.

UPDATE - 2013/11/20: I recently purchased a new house and despite the annoyance of having to fully cancel my account and to formally open a new one (along with all the associated fees), the process went smoothly and I had fully functional internet on the day that it was promised.

UPDATE - 2015/03/11: Still getting solid service. I haven't had to talk to anyone at Teksavvy in years now because I consistently get the speeds I pay for and I actually cannot remember the last time I had a technical issue on their end (router problems are my own fault/responsibility) which is probably the best thing I can say about them. I was able to upgrade my service tier myself using their web portal about 6 months ago and that went smoothly: the change I requested was implemented at the time I requested it.

Comments:

TSI JonD

Hello ohzopants,

Thank you so much for the review! We're always happy to see customers are enjoying our services and we're thrilled to see that after years with us you haven't had any service issues!

If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here on our DSLReports Direct forum! We're always happy to be of assistance!

Best regards,
Jon

Chatham, ON

Update

Thanks for keeping your review up to date! Glad to hear things are still going well.

Review by slow joe See Profile

• Location: Bowmanville,ON
Good "Connection fixed "
Bad "Full download speed even at peak times"
Overall "Should have had my problem looked into instead of whinning"

Cable 25 installed on time and everything went smoothly.
Speed is better than I expected for my area.
Very satisfied.

member for 7.2 years, 2580 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Taunia

Hello,

Thank you for your review!! We are happy to hear everything went well and your are getting your expected speeds.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message us on the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Taunia

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

plenty of capacity

Hi slow joe,

We should look into your situation because on our end we have plenty of extra capacity. It must be something else going on... I'll make sure the team follows up with you.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi Slow Joe,

I was able to locate your account. I will pass it on to the team that will be following up with you. You'll be in good hand and hopefully we will have the issue resolved very soon.

Jonathan
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
slow joe

join:2008-01-17

Re: Following up

Thanks.
Everything is good now.

Review by fink See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "cable speed and reliability has been good overall.. better than DSL"
Bad "Phone wait times are long"
Overall "Very good work and planning on part of Teksavvy to do my switchover."

·Start Communicat..
·VMedia
Switched from Teksavvy DSL (customer for 5+years) to cable because of
old, unreliable copper wiring in my ap't building. All went as planned and
d/l, u/l speeds are better than advertised.

Only minor complaint is telephone wait times are getting long... up to
20 minutes/call.

member for 12.6 years, 2452 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI JoeC
Chatham, ON

Thank you for the kind words!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review!

We appreciate your kind words! We're glad to hear the install went as expected, with the service performing as it should!

As for the wait times to speak with someone, we understand that sometimes it can get a little busy, so we're combating that by adding some more agents on the phone for speedy service!

As always, if you have any other questions or concerns, by all means, please let us know!

Have a great night!

TSI Joe_C

Review by lapedrera See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Bad "When you have an issue, the tech support is awful. "
Overall "If you go with them, odds are you will go elsewhere once you need any type of support"

·Electronic Box
I have had the 6mb service for several months, and a few months ago, I spoke with a supervisor (not sure if I am allowed to post name so I will not) who eventually corrected the issue.

He gave me his direct email and advised me that if there are ever any issues I should contact him directly for a resolution.

A few months later, there was an issue. I contacted the individual as directed, who simply firs ignored my emails. Then directed me to contact the support number saying he doesn't assist customers directly.

After MANY emails, there was (and still is) no resolution. I did have one communication in which an individual did advise me that they listened to the recorded calls in which the support manager DID say to contact him directly.

Clearly, what he advised me was a complete outright lie. I have been requesting to speak with the preside no the company for weeks, only getting direct responses from the support or accounting department, advising me to contact the toll free numbers.

I have sent a private message here to TSIMarc, who I believe is the company president, in the hopes that I will get a response (telephone call, as since they are not willing to solve the issue)

I am floored that a company that is trying to gain a market share in a very competitive market is treating customers this way and after talking with some other ISPs, understand why several are jumping ship.

Of three other ISPs I contacted today, 2 of 3 said they are having a lot of Rogers / bell customers leave (no surprise) but they also advised they are hAving a lot of people leave Teksavvy as well.

I am starting to see the reasoning now.

Comments:

TSI Andre

Response

Hi there,

I just read your review and it sounds very familiar to a case my team is currently handling. I am going to assume that this is your case. If I am incorrect, please let me know and I will be glad to edit this post.

It is to my understanding that you spoke to our supervisor many months ago (I think it was back in August) and he was able to assist you to your satisfaction. The supervisor did in fact provide you with his email for future issues. It is to my understanding that you recently reached out to him for help towards a billing issue. The supervisor had advised you that you would need to reach out to our accounting group to help you further (as he is tech support). It looks like you had replied back to an invoice you had received that you only wanted to speak with this supervisor so the accounting group moved your ticket to my team. From there, my team tried to help you several times, however you adamant that you would only speak with the supervisor you had previously dealt with or the president.

Not that long ago, since we weren't making any headway, I personally assigned the manager which leads the entire group of resolution experts to personally help you out. It is to my understanding that you continued to refuse his help. He had even explained to you that he handles customer complaints sent to the president (which is true).

We are still waiting to help you but you need to allow us to do so. That being said, can I ask the manager which I assigned to help you to reach out to you again to attempt to resolve your issues?

**** Once again, if this is not your case, please let me know and I will remove my post.

Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

2 edits

Re: Response

I have no idea if you are correct or not.

I recently (months now) reached out to him in regards to my account cancellation. Every time I spoke to someone, they said my account was cancelled, yet they continued to bill my credit card.

I had to actually change my credit card number in order to prevent them from billing me.

The most recent communication is an email sent to someone that provided no email response, so why would I not request to speak to the president?

Unfortunately, he did not call me as requested, so the moment I have to post from my cell phone.

Quite honestly, I would rather, even with the limited access I have to email and posting, have this sorted out via email, as at least that way what is advised is accountable, as compared to multiple reps from the company telling me one thing and doing nothing of what they advised.

I received a response

Hello, **************, what is the nature of the issue so that I can get you the right help?

Good day,

This is in regards to cancellation of my account.

I have spoken with several representatives about this several months ago, and nothing had happened.

I have been attempting to contact someone of importance at the company for several months, to no success. (you can, I am sure, refer to the multiple requests to speak to a manager, president, someone that can get something done)

I had to get to the point of cancelling my credit card so that I would stop getting billed from Teksavvy.

That seemed to be the only way to get SOME response from Teksavvy.

join:2013-04-08

Update?

Any chance of anyone looking in to this from Teksavvy, or at least letting me know what is going on? I sitll have no responses from anyone at Teksavvy. (part of my reasoning for departing from them)

Review by so142001 See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "Great customer service, Excellent quality, Very affordable, Extremely high bandwidth cap, Stand up for the little people"
Bad "Dependance on other ISP networks such as Bell's and Roger's Lines, however, this is common."
Overall "Despite their depenance on third party organizations, Teksavvy is definitely one of the best internet service providers I've had"

In my experience I have encountered all kinds of good and very few bad situations with Teksavvy. Overall, every single situation was handled with utmost professionalism. Their staff and management always go above and beyond my expectations and they simply care about people. Above all, the quality and speed of service is by far the greatest value for my money. Teksavvy also stands up for it's customers in the face of unjust third party corporate and government behavior. You can count on Teksavvy to be there for you in every way. Before switching to Teksavvy, I had terrible service through both Rogers and Bell. I am confident that I have not and will never regret switching over. Good job Teksavvy!

Addendum: (June 4, 2013)
I've been with Teksavvy for years now and my opinion of their service has not changed. I still believe they are the best service provider.

I am currently paying for a 28 mb/sec download and 1 mb/sec upload speed and here are some results via speedtest:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4818.png
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3258.png
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 0637.png

The above results are not %100 accurate as I tested with a computer connected to a router where several other computers are connected. I'm sure I would be getting a higher speed report if I had connected directly to the modem.

Once again, Great job Teksavvy!

Update Feb 23, 2015 - I set up service again with Teksavvy. I am paying $54.95+tax for their cable service boasting 30 mbps down / 5 mbps up / 400 GB monthly bandwidth and have not experienced any problems. I am using my own DCM476 modem and everything went online as expected. I just finished running a speed test wired directly to the modem and got 29.62 mbps down, 5.04 mbps up. Good job Teksavvy!

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 0225.png

Comments:

TSI Taunia

Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We love to hear from our customers regarding how we are doing. We do strive to provide the best service and customer experiences.

If you ever have any questions or concerns we are always here to help.

Taunia

TSI JonD

Review update.

Thanks so much for the update! This is what we like to hear.

I'm glad to hear that everything got set up smoothly and that the speeds are what they're supposed to be.

Thanks again for taking the time to post some positive feedback.

Best regards,