TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Fast"
Overall "So Far So Good"

2014 10 13 Update

I switched to teksavvy cable 20/10 in August. The service has been fine except for the one-day or so glitch (some general problem - not teksavvy alone) several weeks ago. Since the glitch, the download speed has continued at a steady 20, and the upload speed is now a steady 10, as opposed to the lower average I was getting before it.

Testing is done several times a day using speedtest.net, so the speeds should be representative. I am not on the pc after 7pm or thereabouts, so God knows what happens then, but for my usage, the service could not be better.

---

2014 08 01 Initial Review

I decided to get cable because, for one or two dollars more a month than our dsl connection, I can get 20/10 for download/upload, and that is much faster than the dsl we had. There is no static IP but that is ok because we no longer run our mail server, and the web server is hardly ever used by us.

The cable installer showed up on Wednesday and connected the cable. He reported a good signal and attached the cable to the new modem that I had bought several days earlier from teksavvy. He said to give it 20 minutes to sync up or whatever it does, and left. There was no other hand-holding. I had also bought an asus wireless router since my dlink is about 4 years old, and had managed to get it running with my dsl connection.

After running an errand, I came home and found all the lights lit on the modem, plugged in the router, and it worked.

Since then, the connection has been fine. I have been home all week and have tested the connection speed several times a day: it almost always hits 20 download, while the upload varies anywhere from 3 to 10, averaging around 6 or 7. Since we were getting .6 for upload with the dsl connection, even 3 for upload is hot stuff. The dsl gave us 5 for download, so 20 is terrific.

The main use is with two desktop computers, but we also have a laptop and that gets a good signal anywhere in the house.

So far so good.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Peatbog,

Thank you for the review of your TekSavvy services! I am happy to hear you have our Cable internet connected and have had minimal issues with it and are receiving consistent speeds. I am happy to see the installation went smoothly and everything connected right away. This is fantastic to see!!!

If you have any questions or concerns we can always be found in the Direct Forumhttps://secure.dslreports.com/forum/teksavdirect.

tsi-ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

Re: latest Update

Hello Peatbog,

Thank you for your update!
We are pleased to see that you are still enjoying your Cable service! If you have any other questions please feel free to either reach out to us in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum or call an agent at 1-877-779-1575.

Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by BellisHell See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "Excellent Transparency, Blasing fast connection"
Bad "Transfer process just a bit wonky."
Overall "New or old, it's the same good ol' TekSavvy I know!"

*Old TekSavvy Review (2011 - 2014)*

I was a hesitant switcher due to the massive amounts of reviews saying "I can not recommend Teksavvy to anyone anymore". But I bit the bullet and called up Teksavvy to order their home phone service along with cable internet. The ordering process was quick, easy and every bit of info I needed was given. The installer came on time and installed everything to my liking, with a bit of that rogers walled garden but that was a non-issue. There was also that disconnection issue that happened in the Brampton area but I wasn't to affected by it though I did become a STAC 02.16 firmware tester to see if the issues were resolved (and believed or not, it worked!). Teksavvy is the only company that wanted to work with me to solve an issue like that disconnection issue. I have been with Bell, Rogers, 3Web, Acanac, and many others, they just can't compare to what Teksavvy can offer to us. I don't write reviews often for different companies, as writing a bad review of those folks are a waste of my time and bandwidth. Teksavvy's the only company that had made me feel that it is worth anything to write a positive review about them. Thanks Teksavvy, I'm a very happy camper.

Update*

My connection is still running strong! No disconnects and excellent speeds during peak hours here in the Brampton region. Now, I can truly say that this connection of mine is definitely reliable, enough that I can trust IP Telephony.

I have switched to TekTalk for home phone as of now. Nothing wrong with the service at all, just that there's tons of static on Bell's behalf. As a recent switcher, I decided to do away of anything Bell related and move to the more modern IP telephony way of home phone.

Update as of AUG 29, 2013*

Being hit with the infamous "blinking uplink light", my connection has suffered in tiny disconnects and frustration. I want to believe that TekSavvy isn't at fault because I know it is for the most part Rogers, but it is really hard not to do so. Reason being is that CS just out right seems off, not how it was in the past where it was straight forward. I have a feeling they are also blaming my own equipment, which I know 110% is working fine. I have contemplated on switching to Start Communications, but what is the point if the issues are still there? Seriously, I'd rather have Rogers loosen the death grip on IISP's than to deal with IISP's on incumbent network issues to no avail.

Update as of Sept. 17, 2013*

Had my disconnection issues looked at by a Link-On technician, and the connection now seems to be working fine. I have filed a speed profile change and I am currently waiting for that to be processed. I will update my review on that as the days go by.

Update As of Apr. 18, 2014*

After using my connection since the last time I updated this review, nothing has changed. No disconnects, hiccups...NADA. This is what you would call a completely stable and reliable connection. But after some severe debate with my family and myself, I have decided to switch to another IISP by May 3rd. No, this is not the fault of TekSavvy. I am leaving at my own discretion. Perhaps in search for experience of a wider ecosystem of ISP. I will say this... I WILL return to TekSavvy when that experience ride of mine is nothing but sourness, crap and a waste of my time as TekSavvy will seem like the only haven in the entire ecosystem. Even when I leave, I will still recommend TekSavvy to everyone switching to an IISP for the first time or from notoriously bad IISPs. Don't take my word for it, switch and experience what you have missed out with your big telco or cable company.

*New TekSavvy Review (2014 - ?)*

Update as of Sept. 23rd 2014*

I'm back TekSavvy! It's funny, since I found out about the new plans TekSavvy has and one of the plans particularly stood out, the 150Mbps/15Mbps Unlimited plan @ 119.95 a month. I'm currently waiting for the cancellaton of my current IISP (and the release of modem). I'll update during the transfer process and usage of the service as I did for my old review.

Update as of Oct. 3rd 2014*

I know it has been a while. With only a days worth of downtime (very acceptable, IMHO)... WOOOOT! I got my internet connection! And it's pretty darn fast and stable!

»www.speedtest.net/result/3806954697.png
»www.pingtest.net/result/107634337.png

The technician came on time and went, leaving a pristine connection in place. I couldn't be any happier. (I can not vouch for everyone's experience with techs though)

Throughout the process, TekSavvy kept me up to date on my order status and was completely transparent in regards to the installation of my connection.

I can say that this is the very experience I had when I first went with TekSavvy (With the old 28/1 300gb plan).

I will continue to update for reliability and connection speeds as I use the connection. Thanks TekSavvy!

Update as of Oct. 10th 2014*

It's been a week, and I have been loving my internet connection! My connection has been 110+ mbps even during peek, and the line quality is excellent and stable.

»www.speedtest.net/result/3823268152.png
»www.pingtest.net/result/108127788.png

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Bellishell,

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to see you have been enjoying the service thoroughly and you did not have any issues with installing the services. This is great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

In regards to your current service you shouldn’t be receiving disconnects. I would be more than happy to look into your account and assist with investigating what is happening with your connection to find a solution for you. Please feel free to message us directly in the Direct forum. We are happy to help.

Thank you again for this review!!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

KrissyB79

@199.71.244.x

Problems with connectivity since technician set up

Technician set up my teksavvy Sept 5 - since that time I have not once had the internet up and working. I've sat on hold 4 different nights for 1 hour, and have logged a tech support ticket. Have not been contacted or successfull got through once. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt as I am not very technical and its probably something fixable - but I cant get throught to anyone!

join:2011-08-24
canada

Re: Problems with connectivity since technician set up

Hi KrissyB79,

I am very sorry to read about your experience so far. I would like my team to look into your situation and try their best to assist you in resolving this issue. Could you post with your account information in the direct forum »TekSavvy Direct if you haven't done so already?

Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

join:2011-08-24
canada

Update

Thanks for the quick update BellisHell, please keep us posted and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Chatham, ON

Updated Review

Hello BellisHell,

Thank you for the updated review. We are sorry to see you leave however we certainly do understand. It is excellent that you will continue to be an advocate for TekSavvy even though you are going to another provider.

Thank you very much for the review and if you have any further questions or concerns TekSavvy can be reached directly in the Direct forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Regards,
Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hello Bellishell,

Thanks so much for the update!

I'm glad to hear that you plan to switch to the Cable 150/15 with us, this is excellent news!

I see that you plan to keep us updated on this process, please be sure to! We love being kept up to date and being able to help whenever we can.

Best regards,
Jon

join:2013-11-18
Chatham, ON

Updated review

Heya!

Awesome to hear it's still rock solid and that you're still happy with us! Please let us know if you need anything - we're always glad to help.

Updates

thanks for posting updates. I am happy to see your connection is rock solid.

Happy Thanksgiving

Review by carl819 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Cheap price"
Bad "Impossible to have a technician, tech support, lack of communication"
Overall "AVOID AT ALL COST, dishonest company"

·Distributel Cable
EDIT : AVOID Teksavvy.

Small suppliers get you with cheap prices, which is great as long as internet works but the minute you need to send a technician, it is really complicated. It took Teksavvy 1 month before having an appointment with a technician when they told me the delay would be 2 weeks. After waiting a month, I told them Videotron could have me an appointment in the next 48 hours and I will change for them. Teksavvy called me 24 hours later to tell me they managed to find a technician.

Also, when I initially called them, they told me that during the WHOLE time internet was down, that they would credit me and just to call them after the technician came. When I called them after the technician came, they told me they would only credit me for 1 week, which is not what they told me.

I filed a complaint with the CRTC since I could not have an adequate resolution. All I wanted was to be credited for the downtime. I will update my review regarding the proceeding. I have a logic that you pay if you have a service. If you don't have a service, you shouldn't have to pay. Clearly, teksavvy doesn't believe in that logic.

If I were you, I would prefer dealing with a larger supplier like Videotron or Rogers because even if you pay less with these small suppliers, when you have internet problems, you are sure that you have a quick and efficient service. Yeah, I save 10$/month but I also had to spent 10 hours arguing with Teksavvy and had to have 1 month without internet.

!!! AVOID AT ALL COST !!!!

Comments:

TSI Andre
Chatham, ON

Update

Hi there,

I am sorry that your experience wasn't so great. Unfortunately, it has become a problem for all TPIA providers in regards to receiving this type of service from the incumbents. Many of our customers have missed tech visits and unnecessary delays.

This is the busiest time of the year for all providers which causes these issues. We filed at the CRTC level last year for this exact type of stuff.

I hope things get settled soon for you. Don't hesitate to post in the direct if you need further help.

Sorry again.

Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

RE: Update

Hello carl819,

Thank you for your latest update.
Would you care to provide us with any feedback for your latest update?
Is there anything you would like for us to look into for you?

If so, please do not hesitate to post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum.

Warm regards,
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork
JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
·TekSavvy DSL

Seems pretty honest to me

So the incumbent (Videotron) is playing games with them, TSI still manage to get you a tech faster than Videotron is scheduling them for, TSI offers you a credit for your down time (which sounds like it was less than a week) and TSI is the dishonest one?
carl819

join:2013-12-12
Canada

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23

Re: .

said by carl819:

You clearly don't understand the review
First, how you seem to know the incumbent (Videotron) is playing games... how would you know that ?
Second, Videotron could get me a technician faster than TSI (24h - 48h vs 4 weeks) and TSI got me a technician only after I told them Videotron could send me one once I told them Videotron proposed a technician within the next 48 hours..

Third, if you have to pay while your service is out, and to add to it, when a representative told you you wouldn't have to pay, is simply dishonest

Hey Carl,

Sorry for being brash and I definitely wasn't as clear as I ought to have been. For those of us who spend a fair amount of time on these forms it has become common knowledge that the cable incumbents are "playing games" with the IISPs across the board (not just Teksavvy). IISPs are forbidden by the CRTC from sending out their own technicians, they must submit a ticket with the incumbent and get their technicians to do the work.

What's happening is that the incumbents, in this case Videotron, are scheduling technicians in such a way that it maximizes the "support" time for IISPs and minimizes the "install" time for themselves. This encourages people to switch back to the incumbents as, while the install tech is out, they'll fix any problems at the same time as the install. The reason they do this is that it costs them the same amount of money to roll a "support" technician for an IISP and an "install" technician for themselves (there's no difference between the two technicians).

It's one of the many dirty tactics incumbents are using to try to curb the loss of customers/regain customers who are leaving/have left seeking lower prices/better service. The reason you were able to get a technician faster than the scheduled time is that someone at Teksavvy went to bat for you and got you bumped up Videotron's repair schedule. TSI does not have the ability to force Videotron to do a repair faster due to the CRTC rules that are in place.

I obviously don't know the full details of your situation, only you and TSI do. What I do know is that TSI records all calls and Andre reviews them, especially when such complaints come up. If someone said you'd be credited he'd make sure it was honoured. Based on what you wrote and what I know of TSI in these situations it seems like there's more to the story. I also know that TSI's typical response to a loss of sync for an extended period is to credit the account for the down time because it is a pre-paid service. Depends on the situation obviously. The most common reasons I know of for not receiving a credit is if you weren't actually losing sync or the problem was found to be inside the home.

As I say, I don't know the full details.

Review by sbrook See Profile

• Location: Ottawa
Good "Works just like Rogers without limiting caps"
Bad "Nothing yet"
Overall "Excellent value for money"

·WIND Mobile
I was a Rogers customer for about 8 years ... and generally that was reliable, especially after the move to a DOCSIS modem, so since nothing over the last mile (15km in reality) has changed, I don't expect to see any difference between TekSavvy and Rogers.

I asked for installation on the 16th of May. I ordered an SB6120 which arrived in time. I said a tech visit was not required. I connected the modem at 08:00 and it was still in Rogers Walled Garden. At 09:00 I was live on TekSavvy and apart from a login glitch on DSLR everything was identical. No tech appeared at my door.

This is operating in parallel with Rogers service. Nobody told me I can't since I had 2 modems it was technically good to go and that's how it's been since. I didn't want any risk of prolonged down time if I did a transfer that went awry.

I'm on TekSavvy Express and was on Rogers Express. Speedtests behave similarly. I really can't tell much difference. Pings around the world are comparable. There are a couple strange routings out of TekSavvy but the same would happen with Rogers ... just different.

Happy to pay less for a higher throughput limitation. 300GB/month as opposed to 60.

----------------------------

6 months on ...

Told Rogers to take a hike after the extra month of 2 providers. TekSavvy's service has been no different from Rogers apart from a minor technical issue created by Rogers mismanagement of the TSI POI router at Fallowfield causing a slowdown.

Since I lost the discounts with Rogers, it's not saving me as much as I might prefer, but hey, I'm happy to be supporting TSI.

---------------------------
August 2012

Upgrades have resulted in terrific download speeds. Uploads still slow, but that's Rogers for ya ... not offering improved speeds yet.

The underlying Rogers service has been quite solid and I haven't had to use TSI support, since the couple times internet has gone out, so has TV ... so that's a Rogers issue ... 1-888-ROGERS1 fixes all

---------------------------
June 2013

DOCSIS 3 implementation by Rogers has with a Motorola 6120 modem allowed further upgrades and I chose to upgrade to a 1Mbps upload profile. Speed is very reliable except during the recent DDoS attack on TSI. 28/1 profile.

Any contact with TSI has had things resolved quickly and easily. I use the Direct forum ... I think I've only phoned them once ever!

Will consider the change to non-grandfathered profile after the change to ATPIA on our head end.

It would take a mega disaster to make we want to go back to Rogers!

Sep 2014

Still on 28/1 ... chose not to go non-grandfathered ... this does the job well. I'm waiting for the changes coming down the line after the CRTC process.

member for 12.8 years, 6378 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Marty

Your Review

Thank you for the update on your review, this is very much appreciated and we are ecstatic that you are still enjoying the services!

Martin

join:2013-11-18

Review Update

Hi sbrook!

Glad to hear you're still happy with your plan! Hopefully we'll soon hear great news from the CRTC end, so thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Review by intelligence See Profile

• Location: Guelph,ON
Good "Quick and smooth install, 60Mbps down and 10Mbps up."
Bad "Nothing."
Overall "Very happy so far!"

I ordered the CABLE 60 package at $69.95 + TAX which gives 60 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, the bandwidth limit is 150 GB / month but unlimited between 2AM - 8AM.

The order and install process went very smoothly, 12 days from order to completed installation. The Rogers technician showed up on time and he wasn't too happy with my signal so he replaced a three-way splitter with a two way and boosted it which was good.

I bought my own Technicolor DCM476 from here »bit.ly/teksavvy-cable-modem at a good price. I just had to buy it before ordering Teksavvy so I could put the MAC address and serial number into the Teksavvy order form. It works perfectly and the link shows up as 1 Gigabit between the MODEM and laptop I was using for testing.

Overall I was surprised the service was hooked up on time and the download and upload speeds were exactly as advertised. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Teksavvy thus far but other than my initial testing right after the cable guy hooked it up I haven't been able to use it properly because we haven't actually moved into the house yet, I'm looking forward to using it in anger and seeing how it stands up to streaming and heavy usage.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the great review.

Hi There,

Glad everything went smoothly for you. This is what we aim to do.

Congratulations on the house, hope all goes smoothly for you in that regards as the Internet setup went.

If the service doesn't stand up to your vigorous testing, than let us know so we can have a look at what's happening.

Enjoy the service!
Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

Rating

Thanks for the update! Don't be afraid to rate us

Review by nbegin See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Better than posted DL speeds when backhaul is not congested"
Bad "It took 8 days to recover from last Ice - TPIA's are definitely second class "
Overall "Good value - but don't run voip on cable"

Originally ordered 10M/500K on an SB5100. Install was horrific (thanks Rogers) and had to wait 8 days for a Rogers tech to close a ticket to get service. Good speeds (20M) off hours. Upgrade to 15M/1M on an SB6120. Upgraded to 45M/4M and it's pretty good. Connection has been pretty solid, though definitely felt like a second class citizen during the last ice storm. Had to wait 8 days for a Rogers tech even though they were on the street the day after the storm and I called as soon as the cable went down.

Comments:

TSI Chris K
join:2013-10-25

Hello nbegin,

Thank you for the review, we do appreciate when our customers take the line to let us know how we are doing.

We are happy to hear your internet connection has been solid. We understand how you feel about waiting for the technician, we tried to get them out as soon as we can. We are working with our vendor to alleviate the wait times our customer have to endure for the technicians. We appreciate your understanding and loyalty during times like these.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free contact us.

Thanks,

Chris

Review by Jayar See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Great service within the GTA, unlimited usage option"
Bad "A large leap in cost for unlimited; (currently) cheaper and comparable alternatives"

Pre-Sales info wasn't very thorough, but since it is a new service, I understood that TSI just wanted to get it out there. The team did a great job filling us in at DSLR, but their main website is still left wanting.

Install Coordination was spot on, a tech wasn't sent to my house, rather, the transfer of service from Rogers to TSI was done remotely (as it should be). I suffered a maximum of 5 minutes downtown, which is great considering I was expecting to be out of internet for a day or two when I signed up!

Connection reliability is great, but I do suffer from a bit (1-2%) of packetloss. As I understand, Rogers is looking into it, but aside from that, stability is great.

Tech support now has longer wait times. Whereas I used to wait about 5 minutes max to have someone on the phone with me, I now wait at least 10 minutes. But the former was three years, and the latter is part of the growing pains of a company who I think is slowly coming in to their own. I'm sure in the coming months these wait times will be again reduced, luckily for us, the tech support staff are absolutely delightful to deal with in my experience.

Service is great. I was with TSI for three years on a 1.7/600 connection, and left it for Rogers hoping the hearsay of TSI providing cable internet would actually come. Nine months later, I'm back!

Value for money is a mixed bag, mainly because of the upfront cost. $45 to activate, $25 if you purchase a modem from them, which is $85 after shipping. That's $110 + the monthly service of your choosing the first month. With HST now in effect, it may be a hard pill to swallow, but you do save in the long run.

In short, I'm glad to be back with TSI, which is now the only safe haven for unlimited cable users in Toronto.

UPDATE 9/13/14: Service has been excellent. No complaints!

UPDATE 1/01/13: It's been almost a year, and for the greater part of it service has been excellent again. They've kept up with capacity over here, and currently have no criticisms on service. Keep it up, Teksavvy!

UPDATE 1/12/12: Service was good for a while, probably the longest it's been since cable launched. But then congestion hit, and upgrades that were ordered MONTHS, many months in advance than previous upgrades failed to be installed by Rogers. The (upgrades) were supposed to be installed on the 28th of November, and after that date passed, I believe it was moved to the 5th. After that date passed it was moved to sometime in January. It is now the middle or so of the month and we haven't heard from TSI, who I assume has not heard from Rogers about the upgrade.

UPDATE 4/22/2011: 2gig is now active, and all is well. If Rogers can get the 3rd gig installed and activated before McNicoll get oversubscribed, I'll gladly change my review scores.

UPDATE 4/18/2011: More of the same congestion, different reason for it.

UPDATE 1/1/2011: I spoke too soon. Again. There were signs of congestion at the beginning of December and up until now upgrades that were apparently ordered the month before have still not been done. Peak time rates are a joke now, and lo and behold this whole time McNicoll has only been on a 500mbit pipe which we've all been previously told to be a gig. If this is what's in store for Teksavvy cable, then I don't imagine myself ever changing this review.

It's a happy new year, but the service in McNicoll sucks.

UPDATE 11/27/2010: Everything has been great the past few months. Speed was bumped from 10/1 to 15/1 at no extra cost for extreme customers, and just recently, customers are now allowed to use the Motorola SB6120 D3 modem. More recently still, McNicoll now has powerboost activated! Whatever complaints I had earlier I no longer have now.

UPDATE 9/12/2010: So McNicoll got the 10gig link, seemed OK for a couple of days, then we were hit with congestion...AGAIN, and the packetloss we've come to know and hate. On the 10th of September, Rogers performed a 10gig cross-connect upgrade which should have fixed that... but it didn't. Packetloss is still there, and browsing is affected because of it. Forgot about trying to game online, too. I'm not updating this review until months after this mess is (if?) fixed, and as it stands right now, I wouldn't recommend Teksavvy cable to anyone. Not to be malicious, as I like them as much as the next person, but simply because it currently isn't worth the problems.

UPDATE 8/16/2010: The McNicoll POI is heavily congested during peak hours due to the volume of new subscribers connected within the area. Streaming any type of media, and online gaming becomes impossible because of packet loss, not to mention downstream plummeting to about the same rate as the upstream. Recently, it's gotten much worse due to Teksavvy STILL accepting orders on that POI. I can understand the logic, but with no given date for the 10gig link they are making the problem much worse and even worrisome as none of us know when things will return to normal. I tried calling in to get a date, but after about 10 minutes I was asked to leave a message. I'm very disappointed to say the least.

UPDATE 7/20/2010: Packet loss issue has been fixed.

member for 9.7 years, 1852 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Taunia

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear you are happy with the service.

We are currently working on bring our wait times down for technicial support and customer service.

Tsi TB

re:09/13/2014 Update

Thank you for your most recent update!
Glad to hear that everything is running smoothly!

Have a great weekend!

Review by chrisA See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Low monthly price"
Bad "High startup cost"
Overall "Great value, friendly service"

Just had Teksavvy DSL 25/10 installed ($40/mo). I had several questions prior to the install, because this connection was going to be installed alongside a separate Bell DSL connection in the same house. Since the house has several lines coming in, I was assured this would not be a problem.

The technician visit was confirmed for 7 days after the order, and on one of my selected dates, which was a pleasant since I expected a delay due to the back-to-school rush. The technician arrived on schedule, and finished working quickly. The connection was active immediately after the technician left, and is working with great line stats, I'm getting the advertised speed.

I'm paying $5 extra per month for the dry loop connection. Some providers like Start have started to waive the dry loop fee, but they charge $10 more for the same plan, so Teksavvy still ended up $5 cheaper.

I would highly recommend Teksavvy to anyone looking for a more human ISP.

Comments:

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

Your Review

Thank you so much for your review. We are always glad when these things go according to plan.

Welcome to the TekSavvy Family!

John
Online Services Account Manager

Review by CyberCam See Profile

• Location: Whitby,ON
Good "Cable d/l speed is at full 28mb all the time & is AWESOME! Much better than the dual line MLPPP! Customer service is EXCELLENT!"
Bad "Cable u/l speed is less than the old dual line MLPPP. Hopefully this will improve soon."
Overall "There's a reason I've been a TSI customer for 5yrs... bottom line is, they're the BEST in the GTA!"

·TekSavvy DSL
I've been a Teksavvy DSL customer for about 5 years. Started off with 6mb/800k single line for the first several years. I added another line a couple years ago to get some half decent speeds. Unfortunately, TSI didn't have cable in my area for some time, so the dual line MLPPP was the best I could get without turning to Rogers cable internet. Do I go with Rogers again...yeah right, not in this lifetime!

For the last little while I've been noticing my dual line MLPPP speed had dropped, so I troubleshoot'd my router a bit, not thoroughly because my workload was large and I didn't have the time, so I just lived with it. I did end up calling Teksavvy about the slow speeds in late November and they said they would look into it.

On December 1st I received a call from a TSI csr supervisor named "Chris", who advised me than Bell had disconnect one of my lines back in April and TSI didn't realise it and had they been charging me all this time. It turns out after calculating all of the charges up for the not service, TSI owed me almost $300.

Chris let me know that TSI cable was finally in my area and using my $300 credit, he could set me up on a 28mb/1mb profile with a modem and that I wouldn't have to pay for a couple of months as well! Obviously I agreed... Chris said he would handle everything and follow-up on the situation as it progressed. The good news is I would keep my DSL until everything was to my satisfaction, so there would be no downtime. Throughout the process (the 10 days) Chris called me couple times to relay my accounting/profile changes & conformation.

Well December 10th (d-day - technician installing my cable), I choose to have them come between 8am to 11am. To my surprise, my long time buddy that I've seen doing the Rogers connections in my area, called me at 8:15am and I was all hooked up by 8:25am.

Awesome! The new speed is fantastic 28/1 (20Mbps more than MLPPP), the speed is right on the money! I'm now going to be paying $20+ less per month on my internet, now that I've dropped the dual line MLPPP. Of course later that day I received a call from Chris again, calling to follow-up on the install. All I have to say is that I'm very impressed with his dedication to making sure I was happy. I thought that I was the only one that had customer service like that... which is a long lost trait, most companies these days have abandoned.

Again thanks TSI & Chris for everything, as long as you keep it up the great work, you'll always have a customer for life!

EDIT: Sept. 9 2014

Just updating my review as I have changed my tier to 150/10 (since April 2014). I'm please to say that my internet connection is still fantastic and stable, I've had only a couple of small outages, that lasted only 20 minutes.

I have also move almost half of my clients to Teksavvy and all are very happy with the service! Thanks again TS!

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

Hi There!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this, very happy to hear you are seeing full speeds and if you ever have any questions or concerns in terms of your account please feel free to reach out to us anytime

Have a great day!
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Review by ohzopants See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "I get the full speed I pay for and a nice big data cap"
Overall "Best value internet package available to me, by far"

I get exactly what I was sold, consistently. 15/1 for for 42.95$/month. There is no throttling at all on my line anymore.

There are occasional slow downs on some evenings, but it always remains usable.

I transferred over from Rogers and Rogers chose to disconnect me completely instead; it took about 10 days to get me reconnected by them.

I'm using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem (Webstar) that I already owned so I can't comment on the modems available from Teksavvy.

I have not needed tech support to date, so I can't comment there.

UPDATE - 2012/03/26: After about a year of service I can safely say that it still rocks. The monthly rate has gone up a bit (mostly due to the CRTC, now at 46.95$/month before tax), but my download speed's been upped twice so far: first 15Mbps to 24Mbps, and then again from 24Mbps to 28Mbps. Still haven't needed technical service of any kind, so still no comments there.

UPDATE - 2013/11/20: I recently purchased a new house and despite the annoyance of having to fully cancel my account and to formally open a new one (along with all the associated fees), the process went smoothly and I had fully functional internet on the day that it was promised.

Comments:

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hello ohzopants,

Thank you so much for the review! We're always happy to see customers are enjoying our services and we're thrilled to see that after years with us you haven't had any service issues!

If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here on our DSLReports Direct forum! We're always happy to be of assistance!

Best regards,