Winchester Wireless page on DSLReports

Review by virtualfreak See Profile

• Location: Middletown,Frederick,VA
Good "Responds quickly to inquiries, 1-day to install, no contracts, reasonable rates, reliable wireless service"
Bad "speed and reliability still not quite on par with a wired equivalent like DSL or cable"
Overall "A good value for a wireless service. The company only wants you as a customer if you are a happy customer"

• What other options did you consider for broadband

I considered DSL and Cable but they weren't available to me. I tried another local wireless provider but the experience was less than satisfactory.

• What SPEED/package did you order, at what monthly price?

I ordered the $39.99/mo package with $10/mo additional for static IP

• How was the order & install process?

Smooth

• What brand/model was the supplied equipment?

Motorola Canopy System

• What good or bad experiences most struck you?

The good is this service has satisfactorily supported streaming media and VOIP despite other claims that wireless won't.

I have recently been experiencing some service degragation but the provider has always been prompt and responsive in providing me accurate feedback regarding any service interuptions or issues. I've had the service for 5 months and have only experienced one noticeable outage. I was promptly made aware of it when I called and recieved their automated outage notice and service was restored once they fixed the issue.

Comments: