Frontier FiOS page on DSLReports

Review by JFParnell See Profile

• Location: Bothell,Snohomish,WA
Good "Flys under the radar. No data Caps."
Bad "Haven't increased their speed since Verizon dumped us; Customer service blows"
Overall "Okay, but speeds should increase to catch up with other providers."

Let me say that when we had Verizon FIOS I absolutely loved it. The price kept going down, and speeds kept going up. Now that Verizon has dumped all of Washington FIOS on Frontier, Frontier just doesn't know how to handle it. I am paying for 15/5 and getting about 12/2.5. The maximum that I can receive from Frontier is 35/15 if I pay for their crappy phone service. I have dumped them as a phone provider and went with Callcentric, and I also have no TV. I am paying $43 per month for just internet at 15/5. This is no longer a great price. There is obviously no infrastructure expansion. Frontier just doesn't know how to run a modern fiber based network in a major metropolitan area. Advertised speeds have stayed exactly the same, and tested speeds have dropped. Unfortunately we in Washington state with FIOS are not served very well at all by Frontier. Frontier doesn't realize that they have a Ferrrari sitting in the garage, and they continue to hitch it to the family mule. Welcome to the Beverly Hillbillies of Internet Service Providers. Jethro and Pa will be right out to help you with your internets.

Comments:
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage

Switching over

I'm sure after the sale to Frontier, Frontier started to switch you guys off of Verizon's network after contracts expire and started switching over to frontier's network. Slower, older, with a attitude of we don't care.

Review by sir didymus See Profile

• Location: Snohomish,Snohomish,WA
Good "At least Frontier is still interested in Internet Service"
Bad "They really want to price you out of FiOS TV now"
Overall "Unbundle it! Ditch Frontier for TV."

As a long time FiOS customer (way before it was Frontier), I was dismayed to hear that my bill would raise from $90/mo (pre-tax) to $170/mo (pre-tax) due to the "end of bundling discounts that Frontier can no longer offer".

In working through this process, I found that the Internet service was only $50 and that the TV would add $90/mo for the service I used to pay $45 for. Adding phone service would add about $10 after they give you a $10 bundle credit because you took the phone.

I think it's pretty obvious they really don't care to sell FiOS TV any more either. All FiOS TV bundles on their web site state "call for pricing" now.

I only had the phone line because it was required to set up the $90/mo bundle two years ago. To this day, all Frontier bundles must include phone service because Frontier is "here to stay" like that. It mostly worked, but who REALLY needs a land line these days?

I chose to unbundle and go to $50/mo for FiOS 25 Mbps Internet only. It seems this is what Frontier really wants you to do anyways.

Comments:

davegtestr

join:2001-11-07
Bothell, WA

Yeah, Fios tv is stuck in the rut.

I agree, my FiosTV Extreme is at $75 per month (unbundled). It includes everything but the Fox Sports East/Central West and the .tv channels.
However, I can get AAA/Directv Premiere for $70, including all of the movie channels ($36/mo. from Frontier) for the first. Yes, the second year it does go up $30.

Frontier at Everett Mall signed me up for a 1 year Double-play without me agreeing, though it is good at $71 for 35/15 MB and Phone. My Frontier bill with 1 HD, 1 cablecard, 2 SD, 1 adapter boxes is now over $165 and will be going up 35 or 50 a month as discounts fall off.

Review by danyune See Profile

• Location: Edmonds,Snohomish,WA
Good "None"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "Absolute Awful"

I don't know how people can think this disgusting internet is worth it at all.

My internet constantly dies and I have to tether my cell phone internet.

When I had comcast, I had 0 issues whatsoever. No downtime, no bandwidth issues, no latency issues, nothing.

I have the 25mbps/25mbps package and I can't even maintain a 1mbps upload to a streaming service.

Once my contract is over I'd rather push my luck with another random internet service because frontier deserves a fat 0.

• Location: Kirkland,King,WA
Good "installation"
Bad "RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE, VERY MISLEADING, AND MANIPULATING"
Overall "HORRIBLE! AFTER TODAY I AM CANCELLING MY ACCOUNT!"

Besides the guy that installed everything i would give FIOS a big 0. I have never in my life had this horrible of a time:
1) getting through someone to speak with
2) getting transferred to different departments
3) different information from different people
4) having some guy that called himself the manager of the arizona location who was incredibly rude to me....this was the straw that broke the camels back and that is why i have decided to cancell.

Not only have a spent many hours of my time calling and asking questions that have never gotten answered i got tricked into buying a stupid special bundle plan that would include: phone, interenet, and tv PLUS free $100 visa card and free DVR for one year as i was told and who went over it with me was a man named ---------
Now, the rude moron i spoke with, "manager" from Arizona company was the only one out of the 6 some people i spoke with through these 4 months that told me my plan does not include any of those things and thats some mistake and if i wanted to i could vent to him which he made clear would be the best thing he could do for me. I have never experienced this kind of rudeness. No one at FIOS seem to give a dang about my issue. Everytime i called i would get a different answer, or i would just get transferred to someone who had no idea what i was talking about.

If you LOVE:
1) bad customer service
2)working with people who manipulate you into a sales
3) waiting on hold for almost an hour
4) being incorrectly billed
5) never recieving the deal they promised?

well then FIOS is right for you!!!! As of today thanks to the Arizona idiot i am officially cancelling my account.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by cdru See Profile

• Location: Fort Wayne,Allen,IN
Good "Great speed, picture quality"
Bad "Price"
Overall "Company is moving backwards"

I was a cast off from Verizon FiOS, so pre-sales and installation wasn't an issue. I was out of contract at the time of the split/acquisition, and remained so for 9 months. During that time, I had the "Extreme" triple play with 20/5mbit service. For that, I was paying $158/month after taxes/fees.

With the pending $30/month TV price increase, my rates would have gone to $190. Comcast offered a deal that was almost 1/2 that for effectively the same service. I tried to see if Frontier would wiggle, and was even contacted by their marketing communications manager and apparently their "executive escalations" department. Their "wiggle room" recommendation was to switch to DirecTV. Seems to be kind of a backwards move for a company that just purchased a fiber network.