DataMax Wireless page on DSLReports

Review by ekremp See Profile

• Location: Golden Valley,Mohave,AZ
Good "Connection is stable and the employees are excellent "
Overall "Satisfied with the service "

I ordered their top tier residential package. Speeds are advertised as 6 down and 2 up. For the first 14 months, I averaged 4 down and 1 up. At times it would slow down to a crawl with 200kb up. They have recently upgraded their system and added additional towers. Tech came out and installed new hardware 2 days ago, and I am now getting the speed I pay for. Very stable at 6 down and between 2 and 3 up. Pings have also dropped significantly.

Their customer service has always been helpful. They are still a small company, so you can actually talk to the same person each time you call. I prefer that.

There aren't many choices for high speed internet in the area, since we are in the middle of the desert. But even if their were choices, I would probably stick with Datamax. I've had about 99.9% uptime, and you can't ask for more than that.

member for 12.9 years, 134 visits, last login: 1 year ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by gruffspeed See Profile

• Location: Golden Valley,Mohave,AZ

For $39.99 a month I get a 4.0 mbps up and 2.0 mbps down wireless connection with no bandwidth limits. I can use as much as I want. So far I get at least 85% of the bandwidth I purchased, and at times I've gotten 120%. I later added VOIP for an additional $29.99 a month. So $69.98 a month is all I pay. No taxes, no fees, I've got a much faster connection than my previous cable connection with no limits on usage. I've been online since 1986 and this is the best connection I've ever had. I don't know what brand the antenna is but the modem is a PowerDsign 3001 and the VOIP modem is a LinkSys.

Comments:

Review by chaz9071 See Profile

• Location: Golden Valley,Mohave,AZ
Good "Fast Service, Fast Internet. Installation was painless."
Bad "VOIP is not up yet. Should be within the next day or so. Can take up to 28 days to port your phone number from Frontier."
Overall "Solid Peformance & Big Savings."

Residential WiMax (4G) Internet, 6Mpbs down and 2Mpbs upload
Elite Package: $44.99 No installation fee for a 24month contract.
Static IP Address: $ 2.00
Voice Plan (VOIP): $29.99 with a $50.00 installation fee. Includes porting phone number. Unlimited local and long distance. E911 address handling.

We are saving $50.00 by switching from Frontier. If you live in Mohave County, Check out DataMax.

This is a Point to Point Wireless Connection (Microwave 3.6Ghz). Small flat panel and an Linksys (Cisco) Phone Adapter with Router. We are 9.6 miles line-of-site from the tower. -70 RSSI.

Again, we are still waiting for the Voice plan to kick in but in the meantime, I am loving the exceptional Internet speeds. I have actually had up to 7.6Mpbs download and up to 3.6 upload speeds. Data-Max owns their own fiber and hands it directly off to Quest in Phoenix Arizona. So far I am impressed. My wife is not sure about the voice yet but I will update this review as soon as the voice is activated. They will not charge us for the phone until the phone number has been ported. How good is that for customer service?

Don't believe me? Check them out in Kingman, AZ and Mohave County. »www.datamaxwireless.com/

Ha! We just watched a movie through the Xbox while I was on line with two different computers and my Blackberry on my second WiFi router, No Pauses, No Buffering problems.

Move Over Frontier, Move Over NPG Cable...
There is a real Internet Service Provider in Mohave County!