Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by zebra03 See Profile

• Location: B6L3H5
Good "As Advertised"
Overall "Fantastic Service"

Moved from 20/7 cable service to 150/30 FiberOP service with no usage caps. The stated speed is exactly what I am getting. Monthly price is for a complete bundle. Order and install process was seamless and to this time zero downtime. Highly recommended for those who are able to obtain FiberOP. Will never be going back to cable ever again!!!!

Comments:

Review by LondonDave See Profile

• Location: London, ON
Good "Bell FTTH has not had a minute of downtime since installed. Speed advertised is delivered 100% of the time"
Bad "The Sagemcom router they include is a piece of junk with poor wireless signal"
Overall "If you live in a neighbourhood with FTTH then by all means give it a try."

·Start Communicat..
I moved into a new neighbourhood that was wired with fiber so trying bell fibe was a no brainer. I called and was offered a deal without having to ask over and over. I arranged my install for 2 days later and was up and running 1 hour after the tech arrived. I started initially with 15/15 and usually ended up with 16/16. After 1 year I called retensions and was offered 50/50 with 200 gig of usage for 53.95 a month. If you have phone or tv with bell they knock 4 dollars more off a month.

Update: The service is still working well. I still am unable to get full speeds through the sagemcom modem in bridge mode so I have removed it all together. Price has changed however usage has increased as well.

member for 3.4 years, 270 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by William777 See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)

Bell fibe 15. Price is a bit of an issue, as the the call center that sold me the upgrade to Fibe TV lied about the cost.
Install proces was OK, but the installer did not have the right staples for his staple gun for coax cable, and he did not have the equipment to install ethernet cables.

Mostly I stay with Bell because of my spouse's sympatico.ca email address.

Comments:

Review by qcmart See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jerome,QC
Good "Vitesse constante, stabilité exceptionnelle"
Bad "l'ancien modem Sagecom ne fournissait pas un bon signal Wifi. La nouvelle borne 2000 a réglé le problème."
Overall "À ce prix, Vidéotron ne fait pas le poids (upload limité à 10 Mbps)"

Le forfait est excellent. Par contre, difficile de savoir si Bell ne changera pas arbitrairement son prix comme il l'a déjà fait par le passé.

L'installation est excellente, mais il faut compter quelques heures en compagnie du technicien. Celui-ci a même amené la fibre jusqu'à la maison alors que le fil arrêtait à trois maisons de la mienne.

La borne 2000 est définitivement supérieure au Sagecom pour le signal Wifi. Nous l'avons eue gratuitement après de bonnes discussions au SAC.

J'attends impatiemment que Bell accorde le rabais jumelé de 30 dollars pour le forfait Fibe 175. Actuellement, c'est 139$ par mois pour la version téléchargement illimité.

Bref, si votre quartier est équipé de la fibre optique de Bell, je vous recommande chaudement le produit Fibe 50-50 illimité.

Comments:

Review by marknotmarc See Profile

• Location: k2k0h2
Good "Install was on time. Excellent Speed. Excellent latency"
Overall "Would recommend"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
After my address was finally qualified in the Bell system for FTTH I received a call from Bell for the 50/50 package at an ongoing reduced rate of $49 a month with no contract. To that I added the $30 unlimited option. As I had Rogers ordered it for 25 days in the future to give a 5 day overlap as Rogers requires a 30 day cancellation period.

The tech showed up on time, was professional and installed the Optical Network Terminal, the UPS/power supply for the ONT, the Sagemcom modem, and spliced in an additional extra few feet of fibre to reach the install location.

I plugged the Sagemcom into my Asus router and tested the connection and it worked fine. Speeds were better than advertised.

»www.speedtest.net/result/4015517 ··· 7329.png

After the tech left I plugged the cable from the ONT directly into my Asus router and added VLAN tagging of 35 on the IPTV tab and eliminated the need for the Bell provided modem entirely.

I am enjoying the extra bandwidth on the upload speed with my web facing Synology box that I use for cloud storage. the 175/175 package seemed overkill to me.

I would recommend this product for people that have real FTTH and not FTTN.

member for 3.1 years, 290 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by rawdeegee See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "FTTH with Unlimited!"
Bad "2 year term"
Overall "We're not going anywhere, so we're happy with the price and the service."

We ordered Bell Fibe 50, and I should mention that the price we got is with a TV package. The TV price is not included in the quoted price above, but the bundling gives us unlimited data at a significantly discounted rate plus, more discounts to sweeten the deal, as well as waiving setup and installation fees. Clearly these guys are putting up a fight. The main downside is the 2 year term, as well as perhaps the bundling with a TV package. But frankly, I wanted live sports and news, she wanted some specialty channels, and and we just bought this house, so we're not going anywhere. So the TV and the term aren't really downsides for us.

But wait, there's more. It turns out that the 2 year old home we bought on the eastern edge of Toronto was already wired with Fiber to the Home (FTTH). There is literally a box in utility panel in the basement with a fiber optic link dangling inside it. I was so dense I didn't notice this when we were looking at the house, though I suspect the home inspector mentioned it but it didn't click in. So we're getting roughly 50 up/down, obviously well below fiber's capability, but plenty for us for now at a competitive price, with possibilities for greater speeds should we need it.

It took literally 4 business days after ordering to get the installation guy in, who was there within an hour of the scheduled time window. He was very friendly and asked good questions as to how we wanted everything setup, including running a CAT5 cable from the basement up to our main floor living room through the wall and installing a network plug for the TV. The job was completed in about 3 hours.

Router is a Sagecom Fast, optical modem is an Alcatel Lucent.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3993 ··· 93420172

Comments:

Review by CoLiN69J See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Great upload & 'meh' download speeds"
Bad "Terrible integrated router/modem supplied"
Overall "expensive for what you get"

Before I got rid of Satellite TV, this package was very worthwhile (despite the crappy router).
By dropping TV service, the unlimited plan rises by $30/month to over $90 (before taxes).
Because of gaming, downloading Linux distros and Netflix, a data cap seems unreasonable.
Also, if I switch to VOIP to save on home phone, my data usage will rise again.

Comments:

Review by Maxime128 See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Fiabilité, vitesse, prix"
Bad "Aucun!"
Overall "Excellent produit FTTH"

Mon expérience internet se résume a cela depuis début mai 2012 a aujourd'hui..

L'installation c'est bien déroulé et a prit seulement 2 heures il était deux un en dedans et un dehors pour passer la fibre. Le travail est propre et bien fait.

Je suis satisfait du service de Bell j'ai jamais eu aucun problème de facturation avec eux jusqu'à maintenant.

Je recommande Bell fibe pour ceux qui y ont accès au FTTH ou FTTN, c'est un bon service et il ont plutôt de bon prix..

4 septembre 2014:

Je met a jour mon review.. J'ai annulé en août 2014 mes 2 lignes de cellulaire et la télé fibe. Du Coté des cellulaire et de la télé fibe j'ai rien a dire pour la qualité du service et de la facturation. J'ai annulé a cause que je voulait coupé dans quelques services.. et a cause des augmentations. Maintenant il me reste fibe 50/50 avec un crédit permanent de 33$ avec 275 GB pour le même prix. L'internet également le service est correct et la facturation.

member for 4.3 years, 1253 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-10-22

Re: bell Fibe

said by Seb851:

C'est bell Fibe est non Fibre

Je tes fait plaisir j'ai corrigé.

J'ai seulement fait un update de mon review pour l'illimité
zeiterfiber

join:2012-05-27

avoir le même prix pour 50/50

Commet puis-je profiter du rabais à 42$? Je me suis abonné en juillet dernier et je paye 53,95 pour le 50-50 moins le 4$ pour les 3 services...

Mon forfait global est: 50/50, tv + 15 + sports + tel = 105 tx incluses..

Maxime128

join:2010-10-22

Re: avoir le même prix pour 50/50

said by zeiterfiber:

Mon forfait global est: 50/50, tv + 15 + sports + tel = 105 tx incluses..

Tu ne peut pas, je me suis abonné en mai 2012 et j'ai profité de l'offre du rabais permanent était plus élever que le rabais d'après et d'aujourd'hui.

Review by hlo207 See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Stable."
Bad "Lower bandwidth limit"
Overall "Bell owns the infrastructure so there will be less hassle in technical support."

I have been on Bell Sympatico since 2000. I was under the grandfathered unlimited bandwidth until I upgrade to Fibe 15/10. I have the $30 unlimited bandwidth added to it. I much prefer they offer a higher bandwidth with the price or just let my grandfathered bandwidth continue. Switch ISP is not really a choice since my sympatico emails are associated with way too many things now.

Installation of Fibe 15/10 was great since the technician came to the house. I use the Sagemcom Fast 2864 gateway. That way it will be easy to deal with tech support for any issue.

Upgraded to FTTH today. For what I paid for Fibe 15/10 + unlimited bandwidth, I have Fibe 50/50 now. Installation technician was friendly and highly skilled.

Recent Toronto Xmas 2013 Ice Storm. Power went out Dec 21 at 10pm. ONT powered down internet as expected but backup battery kept the ground line alive for about 16 hrs. Once the power came back on Xmas day, everything came back on without a hitch.

With the help of Bell_Dom from Direct forum I found a deal by talking to retention. Instead of paying $140 after tax (94.95 + 30 = tax), I am down to $106 after tax. Here is the before tax break down:
Fibe 50/50 (150gb limit): $73.95
Unlimited bandwidth: $30
$10 off for 12 months: -$10
------------------------------
Before tax total: $93.95

member for 2.2 years, 571 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ohughes

join:2014-08-18
Ottawa, ON

Fibe

So I am a long time Bell customer with previous unlimited broadband, etc. Now recently upgraded to FibeTV with all the previous services too. Now all my IT services are with Bell.
I too was very happy with the installation and the technician was helpful.
My problem is the new modem/router/TV device they installed. It is the Sagemcom gateway. Apparently this device would not allow me to create a port forwarding for receiving Remote Desktop from my office. I need to get access to my home computer remotely and so need to do the port forwarding.
Any way around this?
I tried to plug in my old modem first to the DSL connection on the Corning POTS splitter. Then I tried the Phone line on the splitter and the raw Line connection on the splitter. None worked (i.e. no DSL)
Question: does the Line connection come directly from the 2-wire connection to my house? In the past, connecting my modem to this unfiltered line allowed the DSL connection.
Would Bell sell me another replacement for the Sagemcom that did what I want?
Thanks

hlo207

join:2012-11-16
North York, ON

Re: Fibe

Try what this url suggests: »windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/wind ··· -network

I got this to work at my work's Bell network which uses the Sagemcom 2864. If you need to remote access for 1 machine, you should be fine. I heard from others there are other ways to deal with dynamic IP addresses but I never tried that. The no fixed IP is the problem for Remote Desktop. It will remain whether you use the Connection Hub, Home Hub, or even your own. That is my understanding.
H. Lo
North York, Ontario
FTTH 50/50
... Hates wifi, nothing beats Ethernet cables and switches. ...
ohughes

join:2014-08-18
Ottawa, ON

Re: Fibe

Thanks. Unfortunately I am not sure you have understood my problem. I am completely familiar with Windows Remote Desktop and before Fibe, my previous modem and router managed it fine. I also have a dynamic public IP address.
The problem is that although I can go to the Sagemcom administrator page (192.168.2.1) and forward port 3389 to the appropriate computer IP address, it just does not work. It appears that there is a problem at the modem level (Sagemcom is an integrated modem/router). Before, when I had my previous system setup, I had to allow passage to port 3389 through the modem first, then allow the port forwarding of 3389 second (on the router).
I thought I could work around this by unplugging the line feed to the Splitter and reassemble my old system, but that won't work either. I also tried plugging my old system into the Splitter (first "phone" connection then "line" connection) and again this would not work.
When I contacted Bell they said it's a problem with Sagemcom and there is no way around it.
I can't believe that.
Thanks again.

Review by wwwertdf See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Fast, Reliable, Guaranteed Speeds"
Bad "Fibe Not Availible Everywhere, 49.99 Install Fee"
Overall "Great Price for Great Service"

What package did you order, at what advertised monthly price?
Symmetrical Fiber 175 - 89.95, I have cell service so it bundled down to 84.99
What good or bad experiences most struck you?

How was the order & install process?
Ordered through Bell chat, hadn't moved in quite yet but they were very helpful. The sales agent didn't even bother to try and charge extra for the modem which should have been 99.95

What brand/model was the supplied equipment?
Came with a UPS for the Fiber Modem, Sagecom Fiber Modem and Bell's "Home Hub 1000"

What good or bad experiences most struck you?
The only complaint is the install fee. I understand why, I just can't fathom why I have to pay extra to install a service that I am going to be using. I also liked that Bell notified me via SMS when the tech was on his way.

Pictures. The technician was very neat with his install. (The stray Cat6's are mine)

»imgur.com/Y2vIT4S