Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by rawdeegee See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "FTTH with Unlimited!"
Bad "2 year term"
Overall "We're not going anywhere, so we're happy with the price and the service."

We ordered Bell Fibe 50, and I should mention that the price we got is with a TV package. The TV price is not included in the quoted price above, but the bundling gives us unlimited data at a significantly discounted rate plus, more discounts to sweeten the deal, as well as waiving setup and installation fees. Clearly these guys are putting up a fight. The main downside is the 2 year term, as well as perhaps the bundling with a TV package. But frankly, I wanted live sports and news, she wanted some specialty channels, and and we just bought this house, so we're not going anywhere. So the TV and the term aren't really downsides for us.

But wait, there's more. It turns out that the 2 year old home we bought on the eastern edge of Toronto was already wired with Fiber to the Home (FTTH). There is literally a box in utility panel in the basement with a fiber optic link dangling inside it. I was so dense I didn't notice this when we were looking at the house, though I suspect the home inspector mentioned it but it didn't click in. So we're getting roughly 50 up/down, obviously well below fiber's capability, but plenty for us for now at a competitive price, with possibilities for greater speeds should we need it.

It took literally 4 business days after ordering to get the installation guy in, who was there within an hour of the scheduled time window. He was very friendly and asked good questions as to how we wanted everything setup, including running a CAT5 cable from the basement up to our main floor living room through the wall and installing a network plug for the TV. The job was completed in about 3 hours.

Router is a Sagecom Fast, optical modem is an Alcatel Lucent.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3993420172

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:

Review by CoLiN69J See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Great upload & 'meh' download speeds"
Bad "Terrible integrated router/modem supplied"
Overall "expensive for what you get"

Before I got rid of Satellite TV, this package was very worthwhile (despite the crappy router).
By dropping TV service, the unlimited plan rises by $30/month to over $90 (before taxes).
Because of gaming, downloading Linux distros and Netflix, a data cap seems unreasonable.
Also, if I switch to VOIP to save on home phone, my data usage will rise again.

Comments:

Review by Maxime128 See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Fiabilité, vitesse, prix"
Bad "Aucun!"
Overall "Excellent produit FTTH"

Mon expérience internet se résume a cela depuis début mai 2012 a aujourd'hui..

L'installation c'est bien déroulé et a prit seulement 2 heures il était deux un en dedans et un dehors pour passer la fibre. Le travail est propre et bien fait.

Je suis satisfait du service de Bell j'ai jamais eu aucun problème de facturation avec eux jusqu'à maintenant.

Je recommande Bell fibe pour ceux qui y ont accès au FTTH ou FTTN, c'est un bon service et il ont plutôt de bon prix..

4 septembre 2014:

Je met a jour mon review.. J'ai annulé en août 2014 mes 2 lignes de cellulaire et la télé fibe. Du Coté des cellulaire et de la télé fibe j'ai rien a dire pour la qualité du service et de la facturation. J'ai annulé a cause que je voulait coupé dans quelques services.. et a cause des augmentations. Maintenant il me reste fibe 50/50 avec un crédit permanent de 33$ avec 275 GB pour le même prix. L'internet également le service est correct et la facturation.

member for 4.1 years, 1188 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-10-22

Re: bell Fibe

said by Seb851:

C'est bell Fibe est non Fibre

Je tes fait plaisir j'ai corrigé.

J'ai seulement fait un update de mon review pour l'illimité
zeiterfiber

join:2012-05-27

avoir le même prix pour 50/50

Commet puis-je profiter du rabais à 42$? Je me suis abonné en juillet dernier et je paye 53,95 pour le 50-50 moins le 4$ pour les 3 services...

Mon forfait global est: 50/50, tv + 15 + sports + tel = 105 tx incluses..

Maxime128

join:2010-10-22

Re: avoir le même prix pour 50/50

said by zeiterfiber:

Mon forfait global est: 50/50, tv + 15 + sports + tel = 105 tx incluses..

Tu ne peut pas, je me suis abonné en mai 2012 et j'ai profité de l'offre du rabais permanent était plus élever que le rabais d'après et d'aujourd'hui.

Review by hlo207 See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Stable."
Bad "Lower bandwidth limit"
Overall "Bell owns the infrastructure so there will be less hassle in technical support."

I have been on Bell Sympatico since 2000. I was under the grandfathered unlimited bandwidth until I upgrade to Fibe 15/10. I have the $30 unlimited bandwidth added to it. I much prefer they offer a higher bandwidth with the price or just let my grandfathered bandwidth continue. Switch ISP is not really a choice since my sympatico emails are associated with way too many things now.

Installation of Fibe 15/10 was great since the technician came to the house. I use the Sagemcom Fast 2864 gateway. That way it will be easy to deal with tech support for any issue.

Upgraded to FTTH today. For what I paid for Fibe 15/10 + unlimited bandwidth, I have Fibe 50/50 now. Installation technician was friendly and highly skilled.

Recent Toronto Xmas 2013 Ice Storm. Power went out Dec 21 at 10pm. ONT powered down internet as expected but backup battery kept the ground line alive for about 16 hrs. Once the power came back on Xmas day, everything came back on without a hitch.

With the help of Bell_Dom from Direct forum I found a deal by talking to retention. Instead of paying $140 after tax (94.95 + 30 = tax), I am down to $106 after tax. Here is the before tax break down:
Fibe 50/50 (150gb limit): $73.95
Unlimited bandwidth: $30
$10 off for 12 months: -$10
------------------------------
Before tax total: $93.95

member for 2.1 years, 502 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ohughes

join:2014-08-18
Ottawa, ON

Fibe

So I am a long time Bell customer with previous unlimited broadband, etc. Now recently upgraded to FibeTV with all the previous services too. Now all my IT services are with Bell.
I too was very happy with the installation and the technician was helpful.
My problem is the new modem/router/TV device they installed. It is the Sagemcom gateway. Apparently this device would not allow me to create a port forwarding for receiving Remote Desktop from my office. I need to get access to my home computer remotely and so need to do the port forwarding.
Any way around this?
I tried to plug in my old modem first to the DSL connection on the Corning POTS splitter. Then I tried the Phone line on the splitter and the raw Line connection on the splitter. None worked (i.e. no DSL)
Question: does the Line connection come directly from the 2-wire connection to my house? In the past, connecting my modem to this unfiltered line allowed the DSL connection.
Would Bell sell me another replacement for the Sagemcom that did what I want?
Thanks

hlo207

join:2012-11-16
North York, ON

Re: Fibe

Try what this url suggests: »windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/wind···-network

I got this to work at my work's Bell network which uses the Sagemcom 2864. If you need to remote access for 1 machine, you should be fine. I heard from others there are other ways to deal with dynamic IP addresses but I never tried that. The no fixed IP is the problem for Remote Desktop. It will remain whether you use the Connection Hub, Home Hub, or even your own. That is my understanding.
H. Lo
North York, Ontario
FTTH 50/50
... Hates wifi, nothing beats Ethernet cables and switches. ...
ohughes

join:2014-08-18
Ottawa, ON

Re: Fibe

Thanks. Unfortunately I am not sure you have understood my problem. I am completely familiar with Windows Remote Desktop and before Fibe, my previous modem and router managed it fine. I also have a dynamic public IP address.
The problem is that although I can go to the Sagemcom administrator page (192.168.2.1) and forward port 3389 to the appropriate computer IP address, it just does not work. It appears that there is a problem at the modem level (Sagemcom is an integrated modem/router). Before, when I had my previous system setup, I had to allow passage to port 3389 through the modem first, then allow the port forwarding of 3389 second (on the router).
I thought I could work around this by unplugging the line feed to the Splitter and reassemble my old system, but that won't work either. I also tried plugging my old system into the Splitter (first "phone" connection then "line" connection) and again this would not work.
When I contacted Bell they said it's a problem with Sagemcom and there is no way around it.
I can't believe that.
Thanks again.

Review by wwwertdf See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Fast, Reliable, Guaranteed Speeds"
Bad "Fibe Not Availible Everywhere, 49.99 Install Fee"
Overall "Great Price for Great Service"

What package did you order, at what advertised monthly price?
Symmetrical Fiber 175 - 89.95, I have cell service so it bundled down to 84.99
What good or bad experiences most struck you?

How was the order & install process?
Ordered through Bell chat, hadn't moved in quite yet but they were very helpful. The sales agent didn't even bother to try and charge extra for the modem which should have been 99.95

What brand/model was the supplied equipment?
Came with a UPS for the Fiber Modem, Sagecom Fiber Modem and Bell's "Home Hub 1000"

What good or bad experiences most struck you?
The only complaint is the install fee. I understand why, I just can't fathom why I have to pay extra to install a service that I am going to be using. I also liked that Bell notified me via SMS when the tech was on his way.

Pictures. The technician was very neat with his install. (The stray Cat6's are mine)

»imgur.com/Y2vIT4S
»imgur.com/FqnOVm0
»imgur.com/x59zP6F
»imgur.com/wJ55IKa
»imgur.com/Ktbe0bB
»imgur.com/9OXoQTT
»imgur.com/V99gKko
»imgur.com/s00nktG

Comments:

Review by olic See Profile

• Location: Montreal
Good "Speed, reliability"
Bad "New network, but just FTTN in my area. A bit expensive."

·TekSavvy DSL
Finally a good speed in both directions! The connection is fast and reliable.

But, the FFTN/VDSL is limiting. For example, when multiple TVs are on, the speed decreases. It still fast, but it's a little disappointing for a brand new network.

Also, I have the fastest speed available ( 15/10 ) with FibeTV on FFTN and it is still not so fast. For the same price, in areas with FFTH, Bell gives a lot more.

May 12, 2013
Bell offers a great internet service, but when ther technical assistance is involved, it's a mess. Until last week, everything was fine. I make my things alone, Bell did not touch my stuff. Everything was fine!

Last week, Bell determined that I had to use their modem to PPPoE. They made such a mess through my stuff ... They even canceled my account for two days without telling me to force me to change the configuration. And when I called, they told me that they don't block account! However, I could see a page with their logo was telling me that my account is suspended and I have to call 310-SURF to reactivate, all the time I wanted to open a web page!

And finaly, to reactivated, they changed my password without telling me and without giving me the new one! They entered the new password in my modem, without telling me! But they did not understand that it is my router trying to do the PPPoE connection ...

In short, it is a horrible customer service with poorly trained employees. I spent several hours to repair the thing they deliberately broken. I got hung up, they tell me all kinds of crap and finally, I back to exactly the same starting point! It works as I want and as before. But now I am afraid next time they will decide to get involved in my things!

UPDATE 2014/07/16

Now, I have 50/10 service. The price is much too high. Much more than Videotron. I had to take this service to improve my U/L speed that had decreased. Officially, I still the same U/L speed, but as it's pairs bound, I finally get back my U/L. speed

The technical service is good on direct forum on this site. It's a good things because on the phone, it's not good.

member for 8.4 years, 3926 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Vector_In See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "good speed and pings"
Bad "everything - customer service and install "
Overall "I wish I never went back to Bell"

·TekSavvy DSL
Order FibeTv , fibe 25/10 and phone. Install was quick, but the technician left no information package like passwords or username. The internet is intermittent at best. So, that makes watch FibeTv terrible! Also I can't receive phone calls at home. Customer Service is a pain due the different departments. trying to get a technician back is almost impossible. No emails or phone calls to say they are coming or problem is resolved. I'm really upset right now! It's hard to be objective with these guys! I recommend that people be careful with the guys that do the install. Its was a sloppy workmanship I have ever seen.

Received my June bill and it went up!!!! In writing I was promise no increase in 12 Months. What a organization. Can't Keep a 12 month contracted. So, this is last time I will ever use Bell for anything.

Comments:

destroyed

@99.224.126.x

Welcome to the club

Just saying, this is the norm for Bell lately. They used to be honest, reliable and actually install something correctly. I have been going through a 2 year nightmare with them that has left me in physical tatters and my yard looking like a disaster, bad relations with my neighbour because my back yard happens to be a hub covering half a block for both Rogers and Bell. They were cutting each others lines while they were doing their own thing. When I once asked one particular Bell contractor why he just cut my Rogers lines he replied, "All is fair." I have observed Rogers contractors doing the same thing. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are these two competitors so against each other that they cut each others customers service lines just to piss each other off? What is the logic is this behaviour? WTF? This happens three times in my back yard. Now a line is cut again and "I" am being accused by my neighbour for this. She obviously hasn't had to deal with these idiots like I have.
Oh yeah, the previous Bell phone line installation was over 100 feet long across three lawns and laid there for 7 months. The TV service was blue screen every day. I complained and cancelled, they charged me a ridiculous fee which is in collections, they threaten me with total credit annihilation while am doing my best and I am paying $50 to them whenever I get a statement. They charged me over $700 for final bill for all that trouble which is still going on today. Good luck to everyone, we are going to need it with future corporations like this running all over us and using us like this.
Saewulf

join:2012-12-01
East York, ON

No better in Toronto

Installed FibreTV on Saturday, July 12 Internet and TV crashed within 15 min. crashed 3 more time and the Tech left saying I think it is fixed. Called for repair Saturday Night. No tech until Monday morning. Phone OK but internet and TV crashing.
Tech on Monday looks at demark box says he sees no problem comes into house and rewires my home alarm. When he leaves I have no TV, Internet, Phone or Alarm.
Tech on Tuesday was really good listen to the line and could hear noise at the demark got me a new connection rewired the mess Mondays tech did. Got good TV, very fast internet and a phone but it is going to cost me $100 to have ADT fix the alarm.

Review by AMDRUBY See Profile

• Location: Repentigny,QC
Good "Très bonne vitesse/TV parfaite/Telephone rien a reprocher"

LE Package étais pas mal le même Fibe 50/50 20 postes à la carte Un cell et Le Tel environ 216$

L'installation... Le premier a fais une job mer....!
Le deuxième (qui ma Installer Fibe TV en 2012) a bien fais son job! M'rappel plus de son nom mais il étais de loin plus professionnel que L'ancien qui étais venu en 2011...

Bell Fibe est comment dire LE GROS POINT FORT de BELL! C'est un atout qui doivent garder! Ayant eux le Sat de 2009 à 2012 Pour La tv et L'internet (routeur blanc) de 09 à 11 quand Y sont venu a Repentigny pour Fibe Internet en 2011 Mes ennuies de deco sont disparu... Sois un an(longue année)... après Fibe tv est arrivé dans mon coin et Dès le premier Jour J'ai caller Bell pour avoir Fibe tv J'etais plus capable du Sat...(Pas possible de pas pouvoir écoutés ses émissions pendant qui pleut ou neige).! Sois Depuis 2011 = 0 Problème internet et Fibe TV(2012) = 0 problème.

La Facturation jamais eu d'ennuie!
Dernièrement Bell M'ont offert 9 postes à la cartes je payer 24$ pour 21.... La Madame de Chez Bell a été assez professionnelle pour me dire que pour 1$ J'avais le droit a 9 postes de plus..

EN gros J'ai Bell Fibe 50/50(FTTH) Un cell Téléphone (Interrurbain illimitée) au QC pas sur au Canada.! et la TV 30 postes à la carte
Sagemcom F@st 2864 Router et Bell Fibe tv Motorola VIP 2262

Videotron me demandais 245$ environ Pour l'équivalent que J'ai chez BELL!
En gros je suis très Satisfait!

Comments:

Review by poker85 See Profile

• Location: Laval
Good "Le prix et la vitesse"
Bad "Avoir un bon prix est difficile"

Bonjour
Je suis avec Bell depuis 3 ans maintenant
J'ai la fibe 50 et je suis agréablement surpris par la fiabilité.
Il faut dire que c'est de la fibre optique qui entre dans la maison.
Le point négatif est que j'ai du appeler très souvent le service à la clientèle pour avoir le prix que j'ai obtenu.
Pourquoi est-ce si dure de mettre sur leur site web le VRAI PRIX qu'on peut avoir.
Je suis passé de 89.99$ par mois à 49.95$ par mois sans contrat ni aucun autre service...
En tout cas, pour le prix que je paye, c'est un très bon service que j'ai!

Comments:
Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

Le prix Afficher

Les Prix qui son afficher sur BELL.CA son les bon prix ..

Ils veux dire les prix optenue via Négociation son les plus durs les Avoir
M677 - Boisbriand
Équipe des Opération/Operation Team - Marchandiseur/merchandiser

Review by sebastien198 See Profile

• Location: Beloeil,QC

·ELECTRONICBOX
J'ai toujours eu une crainte concernant Bell. J'ai toujours été avec VL pour les 3 services à part pour l'internet et la téléphonie résidentielle ou j'étais avec EBOX pendant pratiquement 1 ans.

J'ai switché à Bell car c'était disponible à Beloeil . J'ai commandé mes 3 services (30 chaines à la cartes, internet FIBRE 15-10, ainsi que la ligne résidentielle et sa me revient à 119.19 pour 1 ans.

Jusqu'à présent, j'ai aucun commentaire négatif à dire. La vitesse internet est excellente, la télévision est super clair ainsi que la rapidité pour changer les postes et surtout la clarité de l'image est vraiment wow.

Je ne suis vraiment pas décu jusqu'à présent.

Reste à voir coté facturation, qu'est ce que sa va va donner.

member for 1.4 years, 518 visits, last login: a few hours ago