Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by hlo207 See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Stable."
Bad "Lower bandwidth limit"
Overall "Bell owns the infrastructure so there will be less hassle in technical support."

I have been on Bell Sympatico since 2000. I was under the grandfathered unlimited bandwidth until I upgrade to Fibe 15/10. I have the $30 unlimited bandwidth added to it. I much prefer they offer a higher bandwidth with the price or just let my grandfathered bandwidth continue. Switch ISP is not really a choice since my sympatico emails are associated with way too many things now.

Installation of Fibe 15/10 was great since the technician came to the house. I use the Sagemcom Fast 2864 gateway. That way it will be easy to deal with tech support for any issue.

Upgraded to FTTH today. For what I paid for Fibe 15/10 + unlimited bandwidth, I have Fibe 50/50 now. Installation technician was friendly and highly skilled.

Recent Toronto Xmas 2013 Ice Storm. Power went out Dec 21 at 10pm. ONT powered down internet as expected but backup battery kept the ground line alive for about 16 hrs. Once the power came back on Xmas day, everything came back on without a hitch.

Bad thing about the pricing is Bell has lowered 50/50 to $73.95 while they still charging me $94. Looking at the self help options, it doesn't look like I can go for the new pricing without changing the package completely. With the ever increasing price, I may just go for 25/25 at $63.95. Just throw in the $30 unlimited will do the trick. Leave that for a billing period, then move back to 50/50 and hopefully the $73.95 will be applied.

member for 1.7 years, 358 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by olic See Profile

• Location: Montreal
Good "Speed, reliability"
Bad "New network, but just FTTN in my area. A bit expensive."

·TekSavvy DSL
Finally a good speed in both directions! The connection is fast and reliable.

But, the FFTN/VDSL is limiting. For example, when multiple TVs are on, the speed decreases. It still fast, but it's a little disappointing for a brand new network.

Also, I have the fastest speed available ( 15/10 ) with FibeTV on FFTN and it is still not so fast. For the same price, in areas with FFTH, Bell gives a lot more.

May 12, 2013
Bell offers a great internet service, but when ther technical assistance is involved, it's a mess. Until last week, everything was fine. I make my things alone, Bell did not touch my stuff. Everything was fine!

Last week, Bell determined that I had to use their modem to PPPoE. They made such a mess through my stuff ... They even canceled my account for two days without telling me to force me to change the configuration. And when I called, they told me that they don't block account! However, I could see a page with their logo was telling me that my account is suspended and I have to call 310-SURF to reactivate, all the time I wanted to open a web page!

And finaly, to reactivated, they changed my password without telling me and without giving me the new one! They entered the new password in my modem, without telling me! But they did not understand that it is my router trying to do the PPPoE connection ...

In short, it is a horrible customer service with poorly trained employees. I spent several hours to repair the thing they deliberately broken. I got hung up, they tell me all kinds of crap and finally, I back to exactly the same starting point! It works as I want and as before. But now I am afraid next time they will decide to get involved in my things!

UPDATE 2014/07/16

Now, I have 50/10 service. The price is much too high. Much more than Videotron. I had to take this service to improve my U/L speed that had decreased. Officially, I still the same U/L speed, but as it's pairs bound, I finally get back my U/L. speed

The technical service is good on direct forum on this site. It's a good things because on the phone, it's not good.

member for 8 years, 3713 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Vector_In See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "good speed and pings"
Bad "everything - customer service and install "
Overall "I wish I never went back to Bell"

Order FibeTv , fibe 25/10 and phone. Install was quick, but the technician left no information package like passwords or username. The internet is intermittent at best. So, that makes watch FibeTv terrible! Also I can't receive phone calls at home. Customer Service is a pain due the different departments. trying to get a technician back is almost impossible. No emails or phone calls to say they are coming or problem is resolved. I'm really upset right now! It's hard to be objective with these guys! I recommend that people be careful with the guys that do the install. Its was a sloppy workmanship I have ever seen.

Received my June bill and it went up!!!! In writing I was promise no increase in 12 Months. What a organization. Can't Keep a 12 month contracted. So, this is last time I will ever use Bell for anything.

Comments:

destroyed

@99.224.126.x

Welcome to the club

Just saying, this is the norm for Bell lately. They used to be honest, reliable and actually install something correctly. I have been going through a 2 year nightmare with them that has left me in physical tatters and my yard looking like a disaster, bad relations with my neighbour because my back yard happens to be a hub covering half a block for both Rogers and Bell. They were cutting each others lines while they were doing their own thing. When I once asked one particular Bell contractor why he just cut my Rogers lines he replied, "All is fair." I have observed Rogers contractors doing the same thing. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are these two competitors so against each other that they cut each others customers service lines just to piss each other off? What is the logic is this behaviour? WTF? This happens three times in my back yard. Now a line is cut again and "I" am being accused by my neighbour for this. She obviously hasn't had to deal with these idiots like I have.
Oh yeah, the previous Bell phone line installation was over 100 feet long across three lawns and laid there for 7 months. The TV service was blue screen every day. I complained and cancelled, they charged me a ridiculous fee which is in collections, they threaten me with total credit annihilation while am doing my best and I am paying $50 to them whenever I get a statement. They charged me over $700 for final bill for all that trouble which is still going on today. Good luck to everyone, we are going to need it with future corporations like this running all over us and using us like this.
Saewulf

join:2012-12-01
East York, ON

No better in Toronto

Installed FibreTV on Saturday, July 12 Internet and TV crashed within 15 min. crashed 3 more time and the Tech left saying I think it is fixed. Called for repair Saturday Night. No tech until Monday morning. Phone OK but internet and TV crashing.
Tech on Monday looks at demark box says he sees no problem comes into house and rewires my home alarm. When he leaves I have no TV, Internet, Phone or Alarm.
Tech on Tuesday was really good listen to the line and could hear noise at the demark got me a new connection rewired the mess Mondays tech did. Got good TV, very fast internet and a phone but it is going to cost me $100 to have ADT fix the alarm.

Review by AMDRUBY See Profile

• Location: Repentigny,QC
Good "Très bonne vitesse/TV parfaite/Telephone rien a reprocher"

LE Package étais pas mal le même Fibe 50/50 20 postes à la carte Un cell et Le Tel environ 216$

L'installation... Le premier a fais une job mer....!
Le deuxième (qui ma Installer Fibe TV en 2012) a bien fais son job! M'rappel plus de son nom mais il étais de loin plus professionnel que L'ancien qui étais venu en 2011...

Bell Fibe est comment dire LE GROS POINT FORT de BELL! C'est un atout qui doivent garder! Ayant eux le Sat de 2009 à 2012 Pour La tv et L'internet (routeur blanc) de 09 à 11 quand Y sont venu a Repentigny pour Fibe Internet en 2011 Mes ennuies de deco sont disparu... Sois un an(longue année)... après Fibe tv est arrivé dans mon coin et Dès le premier Jour J'ai caller Bell pour avoir Fibe tv J'etais plus capable du Sat...(Pas possible de pas pouvoir écoutés ses émissions pendant qui pleut ou neige).! Sois Depuis 2011 = 0 Problème internet et Fibe TV(2012) = 0 problème.

La Facturation jamais eu d'ennuie!
Dernièrement Bell M'ont offert 9 postes à la cartes je payer 24$ pour 21.... La Madame de Chez Bell a été assez professionnelle pour me dire que pour 1$ J'avais le droit a 9 postes de plus..

EN gros J'ai Bell Fibe 50/50(FTTH) Un cell Téléphone (Interrurbain illimitée) au QC pas sur au Canada.! et la TV 30 postes à la carte
Sagemcom F@st 2864 Router et Bell Fibe tv Motorola VIP 2262

Videotron me demandais 245$ environ Pour l'équivalent que J'ai chez BELL!
En gros je suis très Satisfait!

Comments:

Review by poker85 See Profile

• Location: Laval
Good "Le prix et la vitesse"
Bad "Avoir un bon prix est difficile"

Bonjour
Je suis avec Bell depuis 3 ans maintenant
J'ai la fibe 50 et je suis agréablement surpris par la fiabilité.
Il faut dire que c'est de la fibre optique qui entre dans la maison.
Le point négatif est que j'ai du appeler très souvent le service à la clientèle pour avoir le prix que j'ai obtenu.
Pourquoi est-ce si dure de mettre sur leur site web le VRAI PRIX qu'on peut avoir.
Je suis passé de 89.99$ par mois à 49.95$ par mois sans contrat ni aucun autre service...
En tout cas, pour le prix que je paye, c'est un très bon service que j'ai!

member for 2.8 years, 364 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

Le prix Afficher

Les Prix qui son afficher sur BELL.CA son les bon prix ..

Ils veux dire les prix optenue via Négociation son les plus durs les Avoir
M677 - Boisbriand
Équipe des Opération/Operation Team - Marchandiseur/merchandiser

Review by sebastien198 See Profile

• Location: Beloeil,QC

·ELECTRONICBOX
J'ai toujours eu une crainte concernant Bell. J'ai toujours été avec VL pour les 3 services à part pour l'internet et la téléphonie résidentielle ou j'étais avec EBOX pendant pratiquement 1 ans.

J'ai switché à Bell car c'était disponible à Beloeil . J'ai commandé mes 3 services (30 chaines à la cartes, internet FIBRE 15-10, ainsi que la ligne résidentielle et sa me revient à 119.19 pour 1 ans.

Jusqu'à présent, j'ai aucun commentaire négatif à dire. La vitesse internet est excellente, la télévision est super clair ainsi que la rapidité pour changer les postes et surtout la clarité de l'image est vraiment wow.

Je ne suis vraiment pas décu jusqu'à présent.

Reste à voir coté facturation, qu'est ce que sa va va donner.

member for 1 year, 366 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by mitchfromtor See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Bad "Worst service I have ever had ! Kept billing me $600 !!"
Overall "DO NOT USE THEM !!They will overbill you the first month and you'll spend 6 months trying to get your money back"

I have an 87 year old father that I look after and i personally signed him up for your services 7 months ago now. We were promised a total rate of $131 mthly for all services. First months bill was almost $700 and this after we were promised the first month free for a botched installation. It then took them another 3 months just to get the internet working right and still no credits. Finally after they threatened to disconnect us over the $600. Dec 18th I finally got a supervisor that said she fixed everything and we were fine and up to date. Fast forward to today and now we are being threatened with disconnection again unless we pay over $600 !!!
This has also happened I found out to one of my best friends also and now you're going after him for $600 which he was supposed to be credited also ! I don't know what to do as my father has dimensia and is watching TV pretty much all day long...This is extremely unfair and \i don't think it should be happening. All I ask is that someone there at Bell have a heart and/or a conscience and fixes this soon as we are slated for disconnection this week.
mitchfromtoronto@gmail.com
BTW I went on the BBB site (»www.bbb.org) and read the following on bell
Rating: F
And they have a warning about them which is
June 28, 2011 - The Competition Bureau announced today that Bell Canada has agreed to stop making what the Bureau had concluded

were misleading representations about the prices offered for its services. Under the terms of a consent agreement filed with the

Competition Tribunal, Bell is also required to pay an administrative monetary penalty of $10 million, the maximum amount allowed

under the Competition Act.

The Bureau determined that, since December 2007, Bell has charged higher prices than advertised for many of its services,

including home phone, internet, satellite TV and wireless. The advertised prices were not in fact available, as additional

mandatory fees, such as those related to TouchTone, modem rental and digital television services, were hidden from consumers in

fine-print disclaimers.

"I am pleased that Bell cooperated with the Bureau's investigation and is taking steps to correct the misleading advertisements,"

said Melanie Aitken, Commissioner of Competition. "When a price is offered to consumers, it must be accurate. Including a fine-

print disclaimer is no licence to advertise prices that are not available."

As an example, Bell's Web site had been advertising a bundle for home phone, Internet and television services starting as low as

$69.90 per month. However, it was impossible for customers to buy the bundle for the advertised price. In fact, the lowest

possible price, including the mandatory fees, was $80.27 - approximately 15% higher than advertised. Customers purchasing any of

the services individually were also faced with the same misleading information, as additional fees were excluded from those

advertised prices as well.

Under the terms of a consent agreement filed with the Tribunal today, Bell has agreed to:

* modify all of its non-compliant advertisements within 60 days; and
* pay an administrative monetary penalty of $10 million.

The Competition Bureau, as an independent law enforcement agency, ensures that Canadian businesses and consumers prosper in a

competitive and innovative marketplace.

Please view the following link for additional information:

»www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/···388.html

- See more at: »www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r···york-on-

1043848#sthash.k97Na9OZ.dpuf

That says it pretty much all.
I truly think that we should try to get a class-action lawsuit against them and if anybody else is as disgusted with them ripping off seniors and such let's teach them that it isn't OK to do business this way

Comments:

Review by Cloneman See Profile

• Location: Montreal
Good "Solid Backend Network, Excellent Technical support on DSLReports Direct Forum"
Bad "Company is still way to convoluded to recommend to most people"
Overall "Good Product, quality of execution varies."

·TekSavvy DSL
Bell is confused company. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. If you can accept that your bill will fluctuate constantly, that the company itself has a long history of bad customer service, the underlying product itself is actually quite reasonable.

Fibe, or rather VDSL as it should be called, is a solid product. There's some issues with questionable modems chosen by the ISP which cause disconnections, but at the heart it's a connection that is far better than most people would give it credit for (if you get on the proper profile to avoid sync-no-surf, get your own modem, etc.). With up to 10mbps upload speed, its easily 10-15 times faster than ADSL2+ for upstream, and reliable... once you get it right.

Can't say I have really many complaints, except for how confused bell is as usual. Technical support on DSLReports direct forum is _spectacular_ , although only available during business hours. The Installer was very professional and helpful. I noticed a big improvement on bell techs recently.

It's the complete opposite for their salespeople, who are very poorly informed by the higher ups at bell that devise documentation. They don't know what they are selling, and they make stuff up along the way. Some of their traveling salesmen in particular are pompous and confrontational for absolutely no reason.

I had an incident while I was with Teksavvy, was approached by a Bell Salesperson who set up a booth outside my gym. I told him I was interested in Bell and would be switching in a few months (because bell had free installation and a good bundle deal), but at the moment I was happy with another company. I tried to end the conversation several times and go to my workout, but he kept insisting that Teksavvy was using older lines and that bell was infinitely better. Things just got weird. It was clear I wasn't ready to buy today, although I was interested. Despite my body language indicating I wanted to get on my way, he seemed to want to not want to let me leave until I admitted Bell had the best network and no one else had access to it. Almost as though he was "closing the sale"... but not of a product, but an idea...

Comments:

Review by thejames See Profile

• Location: Whitby,ON
Good "they matched a competitors price + more usage"
Bad "price continued to creep up"
Overall "VERY surprised Bell matched TekSavvy..."

·Bell Sympatico
Had my total Bell bill (sat.TV + DSL 25/10 + 190 GB) reduced to $104 due to some major billing problems. Over the last year and a half the bill crept up to $140.

I seriously looked at going to TekSavvy as the service was cheaper for the same speed and had more usage (300 GB).

I call Bell up today and quite calmly told them I was cancelling my Internet service as TekSavvy was offering the same but cheaper. Also told her I was unhappy about my "bill creep". I literally was calling up to cancel... the price is just ridiculous. The first words out of my mouth were "I'd like to cancel my Bell Internet service." No BS. Just said it in a matter-of-fact manner.

She told me she'd look to see what they could do... came back and said they could offer 25/10 + 350 GB for $44.95 (which is what I would have paid at TekSavvy... $39.99 + $5 for dry loop).... so they matched the price and tacked on an extra 50 GB. I couldn't say no. I told her I was pleasantly surprised they could do that...

To myself I wonder if this is really what it takes? I wasn't going in threatening to cancel... I was going to cancel. They lowered my price... I have no reason to cancel now. The service has always been good for me in Whitby just have problems with Bill Creep.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week
updated a few minutes ago

Comments:

Bell vs Teksavvy

Bear in mind that the Bell match deal is only for one year while Teksavvy has no expiry date.

Review by Darkshadow24 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Great dowload speed, Great support"
Bad "They can not supply 10mbps upload speed in my area"
Overall "Do not get if you live in Niagara Falls Ontario."

I ordered the bell fibe 15 \ 10 thinking i was going to get a good upload speed i was dead wrong, The package is normally priced at $59.95 a month for a 60GB download cap i had to also buy the unlimited package for $10 extra, I already used over 60GB in the short time being with bell. The tech that installed it was very knowledgeable about the install we ran a new line for the DSL service to minimize the risk of my old line not giving a quality signal. Then the problem started we ran speed tests to see if i was getting the right speeds and make sure everything was up to standard i capped out at 15mbps not a problem then the upload speed was tested next it capped out 0.90mbps at this point i was shocked and in disbelief about the speed so we retested with the same out come, Checked the line making sure there is no noise in the line found out one phone grounded it self some how, unplugged the phone and set it aside retested it again slightly faster same upload, At this point he called in and found out my area can only serve 1mbps because its ADSL not a VDSL and i'm 3km away from the Victoria street CO, I will not get the speed I'm after unless bell does a total upgrade in my area. The bell tech said there are rumor's about upgrades happening in march or end of summer. I at this point sat down at my computer and started to do a basic line check while the bell tech was still here, I ran tracert to see if there is any packet drops right away there was i said to him look at theses packet drops he was shocked and then we both realized most likely because of the Toronto outage fair enough. After 2 - 3 days of on the service my modem lost total connection to bell i called in and i was back on the internet in a hour, Great ran a few speed tests i was capping out at 11 - 12mbps i called in again they had no answers they passed it off to the senior tech 24 - 48 hours later my problem was fixed, While they were fixing it i lost connection 3 times in one day without warning speed drops down to 5mbps very outraged by this. I been reaching out to all sides of bell tech support on this forum and threw the online chat to verify when upgrades are coming to my area without any sure answer just "they are coming" everyone i spoke to on this forum and threw the chat were very helpful went totally out of there way to help me find answers. After all this I'm stuck with horrible upload speeds unable to upload anything without it taking 4 - 5 hours, Skype calls again horrible. The only thing bell has going for them is some what a reliable download speed. connection hub sagemcom with about 4 feet CAT4e Ethernet cable. At the end of all this I'm going to get rid of my bell service because they are unable to provide me what i need in my internet.