Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by olic See Profile

• Location: Montreal
Good "Speed, reliability"
Bad "New network, but just FTTN in my area. A bit expensive."

·TekSavvy DSL
Finally a good speed in both directions! The connection is fast and reliable.

But, the FFTN/VDSL is limiting. For example, when multiple TVs are on, the speed decreases. It still fast, but it's a little disappointing for a brand new network.

Also, I have the fastest speed available ( 15/10 ) with FibeTV on FFTN and it is still not so fast. For the same price, in areas with FFTH, Bell gives a lot more.

May 12, 2013
Bell offers a great internet service, but when ther technical assistance is involved, it's a mess. Until last week, everything was fine. I make my things alone, Bell did not touch my stuff. Everything was fine!

Last week, Bell determined that I had to use their modem to PPPoE. They made such a mess through my stuff ... They even canceled my account for two days without telling me to force me to change the configuration. And when I called, they told me that they don't block account! However, I could see a page with their logo was telling me that my account is suspended and I have to call 310-SURF to reactivate, all the time I wanted to open a web page!

And finaly, to reactivated, they changed my password without telling me and without giving me the new one! They entered the new password in my modem, without telling me! But they did not understand that it is my router trying to do the PPPoE connection ...

In short, it is a horrible customer service with poorly trained employees. I spent several hours to repair the thing they deliberately broken. I got hung up, they tell me all kinds of crap and finally, I back to exactly the same starting point! It works as I want and as before. But now I am afraid next time they will decide to get involved in my things!

UPDATE 2014/07/16

Now, I have 50/10 service. The price is much too high. Much more than Videotron. I had to take this service to improve my U/L speed that had decreased. Officially, I still the same U/L speed, but as it's pairs bound, I finally get back my U/L. speed

The technical service is good on direct forum on this site. It's a good things because on the phone, it's not good.

member for 8.3 years, 3890 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Vector_In See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "good speed and pings"
Bad "everything - customer service and install "
Overall "I wish I never went back to Bell"

·TekSavvy DSL
Order FibeTv , fibe 25/10 and phone. Install was quick, but the technician left no information package like passwords or username. The internet is intermittent at best. So, that makes watch FibeTv terrible! Also I can't receive phone calls at home. Customer Service is a pain due the different departments. trying to get a technician back is almost impossible. No emails or phone calls to say they are coming or problem is resolved. I'm really upset right now! It's hard to be objective with these guys! I recommend that people be careful with the guys that do the install. Its was a sloppy workmanship I have ever seen.

Received my June bill and it went up!!!! In writing I was promise no increase in 12 Months. What a organization. Can't Keep a 12 month contracted. So, this is last time I will ever use Bell for anything.

Comments:

destroyed

@99.224.126.x

Welcome to the club

Just saying, this is the norm for Bell lately. They used to be honest, reliable and actually install something correctly. I have been going through a 2 year nightmare with them that has left me in physical tatters and my yard looking like a disaster, bad relations with my neighbour because my back yard happens to be a hub covering half a block for both Rogers and Bell. They were cutting each others lines while they were doing their own thing. When I once asked one particular Bell contractor why he just cut my Rogers lines he replied, "All is fair." I have observed Rogers contractors doing the same thing. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are these two competitors so against each other that they cut each others customers service lines just to piss each other off? What is the logic is this behaviour? WTF? This happens three times in my back yard. Now a line is cut again and "I" am being accused by my neighbour for this. She obviously hasn't had to deal with these idiots like I have.
Oh yeah, the previous Bell phone line installation was over 100 feet long across three lawns and laid there for 7 months. The TV service was blue screen every day. I complained and cancelled, they charged me a ridiculous fee which is in collections, they threaten me with total credit annihilation while am doing my best and I am paying $50 to them whenever I get a statement. They charged me over $700 for final bill for all that trouble which is still going on today. Good luck to everyone, we are going to need it with future corporations like this running all over us and using us like this.
Saewulf

join:2012-12-01
East York, ON

No better in Toronto

Installed FibreTV on Saturday, July 12 Internet and TV crashed within 15 min. crashed 3 more time and the Tech left saying I think it is fixed. Called for repair Saturday Night. No tech until Monday morning. Phone OK but internet and TV crashing.
Tech on Monday looks at demark box says he sees no problem comes into house and rewires my home alarm. When he leaves I have no TV, Internet, Phone or Alarm.
Tech on Tuesday was really good listen to the line and could hear noise at the demark got me a new connection rewired the mess Mondays tech did. Got good TV, very fast internet and a phone but it is going to cost me $100 to have ADT fix the alarm.

Review by Darkshadow24 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Great dowload speed, Great support"
Bad "They can not supply 10mbps upload speed in my area"
Overall "Do not get if you live in Niagara Falls Ontario."

I ordered the bell fibe 15 \ 10 thinking i was going to get a good upload speed i was dead wrong, The package is normally priced at $59.95 a month for a 60GB download cap i had to also buy the unlimited package for $10 extra, I already used over 60GB in the short time being with bell. The tech that installed it was very knowledgeable about the install we ran a new line for the DSL service to minimize the risk of my old line not giving a quality signal. Then the problem started we ran speed tests to see if i was getting the right speeds and make sure everything was up to standard i capped out at 15mbps not a problem then the upload speed was tested next it capped out 0.90mbps at this point i was shocked and in disbelief about the speed so we retested with the same out come, Checked the line making sure there is no noise in the line found out one phone grounded it self some how, unplugged the phone and set it aside retested it again slightly faster same upload, At this point he called in and found out my area can only serve 1mbps because its ADSL not a VDSL and i'm 3km away from the Victoria street CO, I will not get the speed I'm after unless bell does a total upgrade in my area. The bell tech said there are rumor's about upgrades happening in march or end of summer. I at this point sat down at my computer and started to do a basic line check while the bell tech was still here, I ran tracert to see if there is any packet drops right away there was i said to him look at theses packet drops he was shocked and then we both realized most likely because of the Toronto outage fair enough. After 2 - 3 days of on the service my modem lost total connection to bell i called in and i was back on the internet in a hour, Great ran a few speed tests i was capping out at 11 - 12mbps i called in again they had no answers they passed it off to the senior tech 24 - 48 hours later my problem was fixed, While they were fixing it i lost connection 3 times in one day without warning speed drops down to 5mbps very outraged by this. I been reaching out to all sides of bell tech support on this forum and threw the online chat to verify when upgrades are coming to my area without any sure answer just "they are coming" everyone i spoke to on this forum and threw the chat were very helpful went totally out of there way to help me find answers. After all this I'm stuck with horrible upload speeds unable to upload anything without it taking 4 - 5 hours, Skype calls again horrible. The only thing bell has going for them is some what a reliable download speed. connection hub sagemcom with about 4 feet CAT4e Ethernet cable. At the end of all this I'm going to get rid of my bell service because they are unable to provide me what i need in my internet.

Comments:

Review by mds99 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "If bundled, you save a bit"
Bad "Terrible Modems (Sagemcom = Synch No Surf Issues), overseas calls centres, low usage cap with high fees for overages"
Overall "I don't know why I suffered as long as I did... Switch to Start, Teksavvy or similar"

·Start Communicat..
I've had Bell's DSL service since it was available to me -- so that's makes me a pretty loyal customer (given that I've had it since at least 1996, and since 1998 at the same location). In fact, I had their home phone, LD (when that was a separate service option), mobile phone, Bell Expressvu and Internet services all bundled together for most of those years -- but slowly I've been trimming those back as I realized that their costs just didn't justify the quality of service. The first to go was LD, then mobile, then the landline when to Primus (and now Ooma). Since this review is specific to their Fibe DSL service, I'll just highlight my last 2 years' experience, and why I finally made the decision to cancel ALL my remaining Bell services (ExpressVu, Fibe).

Two years ago, I was on their 7 mbit service (a Sympatico-branded service)... and paying about $50/month for that... at some point in late 2012, I did some speed tests, and realized that I was actually getting around 4 mbit -- I called, and they stated they had accidentally downgraded my service (for at least a year) so I was paying $50 for what was, in essence, a $35 plan. They were extremely apologetic, and offered to upgrade me to Fibe 15/10 for free (no installation costs) in January 2013, and provided a "deal" where I would get the Fibe 15/10 for $50/month for the first year (which hardly made up for a year+ of paying extra fees for a service level I wasn't getting, but I also didn't want to go through the hassle of a big switch at the time).

The trouble began when they disconnected my current Bell internet, but hadn't yet installed my new line (which was to be a dry loop since I'd already moved my phone service to Primus). It happened because a service technician came to our house a day before our "switch" was scheduled and did some rewiring (telling my wife that everything would be fine, which it was not). Then, the day that the "switch" was to happen, no tech showed. When I called Bell to complain I had no internet at all, they could only apologize & offer to get me a service appointment in a few days -- I begged them to "just put it back the way it was" which of course they couldn't, so I ended up paying a $70 "rush fee" to have someone come out the next day to connect the Fibe 15/10. That negated the "free upgrade" but whatever, I was caught between a rock & a hard place without home internet which I need for work.

Fortunately the "rush fee" service actually meant someone showed up the next day. I had the Fibe 15/10 installed -- and did a speed test to confirm that I was getting the 15/10, but I then suddenly started to experience the dreaded "synch no surf" issue -- the fact that it even has a common name tells you something. Over the ensuing weeks, I spent hours on the phone with their overseas tech support people before I discovered on DSL Reports that this was a common issue (certainly Bell's tech people make it seem like I'm the only person in the world, and that it "has to be my modem" which they swapped out twice).... Turns out, all I needed to was to have profiled switched. Knowing that could've saved me hours on the phone (and Bell overseas tech support likely took years off my life). After many days of back & forth with a Bell tech on DSL reports, a very helpful Bell Darryl was able to find a interleave profile that seemed to work. My service never hit 15/10 again though -- at best getting 10/5 (sometimes 12/5), but at least it was stable.

Then -- unfortunately -- the recent (December 2013) ice storm in Toronto took down my phone line. I called Bell -- waited patiently 5 days without service. One service tech came, looked at the downed wire, and left. I called Bell -- they apologized and assured me someone would be out the next day. That service tech showed up and was about to leave when I caught up with him -- he told me that he couldn't fix it (it was clear most of these guys were just "punching the clock" after the ice storm, getting their time-and-a-half and didn't want to climb poles). He gave me all kinds of excuses (the downed line cross over to my neighbours -- when I said I'd get permission he then said that his shift ended in two hours and that wasn't enough time; when I told him I knew it wouldn't take that long he assured me he would fix it but "just had to go to the central office for a few minutes". Of course he never returned. Another call to Bell, another wait, now day 7 without connection -- and finally someone came out to reconnect the line.

Now, unfortunately during this time, it appears that they reset my profile... so as soon as I had the line re-installed, sure enough the "synch no surf" issue reappeared. Posts to the direct forum went unanswered for days -- until one of the Bell techs in the Bell forum PMed me and was able to put my on an interleave.

However, the quality of my new connection is worse -- I'm not getting 15/10 (at best getting 8/4 now), so that was the final straw. Time to move on.

The issues that I have with Bell are basically this:

1. They provide the Sagemcom modem, which a percentage of people cannot get a stable connection from. Calling Bell to try to resolve the issue is futile, and only a few techs in this forum actually know how to fix it; if someone isn't aware of DSL Reports, they're S.O.L. The "fix" means that you get a poorer connection than others, since your ping rates go down (or in my case, overall speeds are impacted).

2. Their overseas call centre, which I've had the unfortunate situation of having to deal with for at least 8 hours of hold/discussions in the last year, are useless. I know BCE saves some $ by outsourcing this, but it really is the WORST tech and customer support I've ever experienced. Their call scripts are useless ("are you getting synch? can you turn the modem on/off to reset it?" when I explain I can see the phone line lying on the ground disconnected; never willing to escalate an issue unless you start to demand it, etc.)

3. Value: The fact that the only way to get a good deal from Bell is to threaten to leave (and to have their retention department suddenly finding all these costs savings) tells you that their business model is "capture as much ARPU as possible from the customer unless they're going to leave, them try to retain them". That's their "competitive pricing" strategy. I'd rather switch to providers that give a clear, fair price to everyone (Smart, Teksavvy, etc.)

So I also decided its time I cut Bell out entirely. I've cancelled my ExpressVu service as well... funny thing is, I hold BCE as a stock, which has been good to me (so the practices that enrage me also pay me a decent dividend and an increasing stock price). However, I'm fed up -- as I know many others are as well -- and hope that my next review can be far more positive when I review my new ISP.

I'd consider Bell now a "last resort" for anything: TV, home phone, internet -- unless you really want poor tech and customer support with non-competitive pricing, there's very little positive I can say about this company. Perhaps its time I sell those shares in BCE.

Comments:

Review by monhault See Profile

• Location: Canada
Bad "3 service calls, 3 weeks + of connection drops, 2 modems, 1 rewire and still no end in sight"
Overall "Fibe ain't fab. You'd be better off sitting in a Starbucks and getting free wifi."

After 10 years with Bell, using a dry loop, I'm switching to Rogers. My connection has gone from stable to flaky to downright absent. Odds are it'll drop two or three times while I write this review.

For over 3 weeks now the connection has been unstable, dropping and resetting day and night. I've had repeated chats with online support, with escalated support, with network support, with the Bell techs here. I've gone through the fault resolution tree more times than I can remember - "is the unit plugged in sir?" - and had two field techs come out. One of those resulted in a re-wire from pole to home, and neither of which fixed the issue. An attempt to swap out the modem didn't change anything, other than giving me a new password to remember. I live in downtown Toronto, less than 1 km from the CO and half a block from a very thick fibre bundle running down the main street. So, after all this up and downtime, I'm done.

Numerous techs have reported seeing multiple and ongoing faults on the line, but no one seems to know how to fix them. So, after all that, and getting a note that my service is jumping $3 a month in November, with no effort on Bell's part to make good on the missing service (I called and asked, they didn't feel like doing that), I'm going over to Rogers. Do yourself a favour, when your Bell connection starts acting up, don't keep going back hoping they'll fix it. They won't.

Comments:

Review by student13 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "nothing"
Bad "everythign else. "
Overall "billing errors/ fighting to get surcharge removed/ waiting to activate gift card 2 mo later !/ trucash.com wanting personal info"

Bell Fibe is a pathetic . I purchased my package from Fairview Mall (Pointe-Claire Quebec) what an awful nightmare experience this has been for me !!!!!!!! Anyways, I set my install for July 30 2013. Installation goes ok .A few weeks later the bills come and god do the problems ever start. Because I have so many difference categories of problems, I actually have to put them in sub categories:

----------NIGHTMARE WITH THE BELL VISA GIFT CARD (trucash.com/dcrstartategies)--------

Instated of just giving free installation, charge me 50$ and they gave me a 50$ gift card that as of this date (Aug 1 2013) I have not been able to activate or use!

July 25: I get card from Bell Store in Fairview Mall (Pointe-Claire , Quebec) . I am told to wait 3 weeks to activate it.

Aug 30 : I activate stupid gift card on on some questionable website called trucash.com. Trucash.com asks for a lot of personal information like :

1. BIRTHDAY
2. SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER !!!!!!
3. ADDRESS
4. PHONE NUMBER

Just to activate a stupid f*cking gift card I have to give the the same info I give to a bank for a mortgage. If I had a little more time I would file a complaint with the Canadian Privacy Commissioner about this practice. God knows what kinds of people are handling your information, and good luck proving it was them if they ever misuse it. Anyhow I don't give my social and a wrong birth date but they should NOT BE ASKING IN THE FIRST PLACE ! Now I give them most of my info and the card is activated , now I try paying my bell bill with it, DECLINED WTF! I try to speak to someone at trucash.com about it, had to wait 45 minutes on the phone ...... then gave up .

Sept 1:

I try calling trucash.com again the next day wait 30-40 minutes finally speak to a person. Excuse that they give me : Oh sir, the Bell store have to put money in the account even though its activated. wtf ! Go the Bell store told to come back tomorrow to see a manger (brought my card with me to mall).

Sept 2:

I got he Bell Store with my gift card (again Fairview Mall Pointe-Claire Quebec) , and ask the rude girl person who sold me the damn package to please do something about this... she passes a note to the manager, about getting credit. Give me run around about hy money was not put after 3-4 weks. (

Sept 5-6

Get a manager at the Bell Store Fairview , I show him my gift card who gives me another excuse that oh you will get a noticed in the mail that you card is activated.

sept 30 :

No activation notice in the mail no nothing. Go go the Bell store with the enveloppe, that the gift card came in , noticed the card was missing. I am like wtf in bringing the card so many times to the Bell Store in Fairview Mall, it got lost, basically all I got was screwed over and over again by Bell, and got nothing in the end ....... no gift card no nothing. If I hadn't had to take it so many times over to the Bell store to fight for my money I would probably not have lost it an got screwed... even after chasing my money like a Bill collector !

----Rude sales woman who works at Fairview-----

When I made an installation appointment with Bell Fibe I got served by some really rude chick named Sahar or something like that at the Bell store in Fairview Mall (Pointe-Claire QC) , when I asked her to itemize the exact cost of each service that I would receive boy did I ever get an attitude and a half, almost like she was pissed off why am I asking so many questions about pricing.

-----BS that I got over the phone when I questioned surcharges -------

First off let me say that there were some Bell telephone technicians that actually tried to help me out , so I feel a bit bad writing negative comments but its too much all the BS that has happened to me:

On my first bill I got a 25$ phone line activation charge which should have no been there and was separate from my 50$ installation charge, they tried to feed me some BS line that the discount on my tv reducing my bill to 35$ + 25$ phone line activation fee is 60$ which is kind of like 50$ so that is my installation fee.....what BS ! my installation fee was listed totally separately. god I am getting tired of writing but there is soo much more bs to tell ps I am only on my second Bell Bill. Oh and the kicker, when I said no the installation charge is separate from the telephone line activation fee, the woman hung up on me!
I basically had to call again to get that resolved, by someone of basic normal intelligence.

----Other BS charges like 2.80 touch tone fees ETC.---------

Ok folks, here is the wonderful world of bell charging BS for nothing like :

1.911 fee : about 1$
2.government 911 fee (the real one):1$
3.Touch Tone Fee ? ( what is this 1991) : 2.80$
4.Network Access Fee : 3$

WTF is this BS?

BASICALLY LONG STORY SHORT DON'T GET BELL FIBE , YOU WILL REGRET IT !!! IF Bell ever goes bankrupt, I will jump for joy that day.

Comments:

humanfilth

join:2013-02-14
cyber gutter

4 edits

social insurance number issues

You should report the company for trying to get your social insurance number, as that is quite illegal(illegal in that people can really screw up your finances with getting it).
Name Bell(even the store) in the charge as well(conspiracy to defraud).

Only government agencies and your current employer are allowed to ask for your social insurance number. Anyone else is just trying to commit identity theft(via the birth date the person supplies) or sell you to another marketer for telemarketing purposes(via your supplied phone number or snail mail or email).

Another thing is that there are also laws about expiry dates on gift cards(edit: you have a prepaid credit card?). Plus laws about activation fees and maintenance fees.

Call Bell 'loyalty and retentions'(or their fraud department) for fixing what is looking like fraud. How many times can they get the bill wrong, along with a stupid gift card scam to refund your install fee.

If the Bell store is a private contractor, don't even bother with them, as they don't really care and would rather people not call Bell(or whatever company they carry) for Bell then to give them trouble for customer issues from sales screwups. Commissions are more important than full customer satisfaction from screwups.

Canada Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services.
»www.ccts-cprst.ca

Plus maybe the CRTC for your screwy 'phone' bill.
»www.crtc.gc.ca/rapidsccm/register.asp?lang=e

Giftcard info. Click province for specifics.
»www.consumerinformation.ca/eic/s···046.html

Globe and Mail article on giftcards rules.
»www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in···4203687/

Prepaid credit card rules..
»business.financialpost.com/2012/···y-dates/

Canada department of finance on prepaid credit cards.
»www.fin.gc.ca/n12/12-128-eng.asp

Who can ask for a social insurance number?
»www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/···de.shtml
When don’t I have to provide my SIN?

Some private-sector organizations may ask for your SIN. This practice is strongly discouraged, but it is not illegal.

Here are examples of when you don’t have to give your Social Insurance Number:

proving your identity (except for specific government programs)
completing a job application before you get the job
completing an application to rent a property
negotiating a lease with a landlord
completing credit card application
cashing a cheque
applying for a video club membership
completing some banking transactions (mortgage, line of credit, loan)
completing a medical questionnaire
renting a car
subscribing to long-distance or cellular telephone services
writing a will
applying to a university or college.
Knowledge and curiosity are not crimes and those who are curious should not be treated like criminals.. »www.eff.org/https-everywhere

guy wo srote

@70.50.45.x

Re: social insurance number issues

I eventually did not give them my sin, I think I gave them an incorrect birthday.

Basically the bell gift card is somewhere between a nightmare and a scam. Or possibly both .
EastYorkGuy

join:2010-12-24

Re: social insurance number issues

All that sounds awful and should teach you once and for all to stay away from Bell at any cost!

Review by Mr_Newb See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "The connection has been stable."
Bad "Lies, lies and more filthy lies. I haven't been with them for more that 4 months and already prices have gone up twice."
Overall "Unless your time isn't worth anything, and you don't mind calling every month, stay away"

·Bell Sympatico
I have tried Bell 4 times in my life over the past 8 years and things don't seem to be getting any better.

I wanted Five TV, but was basically strong armed into getting home phone and internet with them too. They promised it was fiber to the home (2 different people said this), and I was very clear about it not being fiber to the node but actually a fiber strand that comes into my house. Of course when the Installer came he laughed and said it wasn't even fiber to the node, but rather fiber to the CO 4.7km away. I can still manage about 25/7 instead of 25/10. The connection is stable and consistently fast at least. They undercharged me on the first couple of bills, which they then corrected and gave me a giant unmanageable bill later. I'm sorry, if you go to a restaurant and they forget to charge you for something, they don't double your bill next time, they let it go as it was there mistake.

Every month there is some billing screw up on their end which requires me wasting my time (ghost installation charges, when it was offered for free); no apologies, or here's a $10 credit for your hassle.

I know if you don't have anything nice to say... But people need to be warned about this company. I miss Teksavvy, and I would happily pay the higher cost of setup with them (modem + activation) to not have to go through this hell.

member for 12.6 years, 1197 visits, last login: 300 days ago

Comments:

Review by fedupwbellbs See Profile

• Location: Westmount,QC

we have had every eastern Canadian service provider bring us cable over the years. none, not one, was/is as bad as Bell Fibe. this is the biggest rip-off in the business with the consistently crappiest, least dependable, most disruptive service we've ever seen. Bell should lose their license..which is a joke since the CRTC works for Bell.

Comments:

Review by Brano See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Getting advertised speeds 25Mbit down / 10 Mbit up"
Bad "Low caps. Way too expensive"
Overall "Good but expensive"

·TekSavvy DSL
Got a 50% off of regular price for first 12 months thus making it valuable for me.
Connection is stable (had one 10 min outage so far), speeds are close to advertised.

Bell rep screwed up my billing, had to call in to get it fixed ... they got it right on 2nd call :sigh:

...and it's not fiber as others already pointed out, marketing term is Fibe, the underlying technology is VDSL.

member for 12.4 years, 7537 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
dgass

I have the same 25/10 connection yet I'm not a Bell customer

Your statement is untrue, I have the same connection with Teksavvy and It's unlimited... You should have done your homework.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Re: I have the same 25/10 connection yet I'm not a Bell customer

What part is untrue about my review?

Re: I have the same 25/10 connection yet I'm not a Bell customer

"there's nobody else providing 10Mbit"

not true.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Re: I have the same 25/10 connection yet I'm not a Bell customer

Well that's over a year old review that I just updated and omitted to delete that line. Fixed.

Re: I have the same 25/10 connection yet I'm not a Bell customer

Wonderful, I've had my service for 11 months. So that could have been the case over a year ago.

Review by Bluesmaster See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "quick, reliable, friendly knowledgeable staff *mostly*"
Bad "ridiculous cost after the initial 6 months were over"
Overall "Great provider just need to work on the prices"

Ordered fibe 12 service and had a tremendous deal for first 6 months to a year but have been overpaying until I recently made the switch to 25/10 for what I was already paying. Overall it's been a great experience for the most part until recently with the modems power supply but after being plugged in for nearly 3 years you'd probably wear out too lol. Have recently switched to the 25/10 plan and will edit this review after my speed profile is changed, as my speed tests still indicate I'm still on fibe 12 even though the tech left my place yesterday at noon and upgraded to the new connection hub.

Comments:

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

join:2005-08-24
Scarborough

I'm pretty sure you labelled your service incorrectly

Bell Fibe 25/10 isn't fiber... it's plain old DSL.
Bluesmaster

join:2013-06-02

It isn't FTTH but FTTN which uses both copper and fiber

25/10 is FTTN which stands for fiber to the node. It's not the same as FTTH which stands for fiber to the home but it's still fiber technology
poker

join:2003-07-20
canada
·Bell Aliant Fibr..

2 edits

Re: It isn't FTTH but FTTN which uses both copper and fiber

Being with that in mind, I hope you realize that even 56K uses fiber optic at an instance or another...

EDIT: »img855.imageshack.us/img855/563/ont2.jpg

You see, the difference is that the Sagecom modem isn't hooked to a phone jack. Its acting like a router rather than acting like a modem, there is no DSL technology in the way.