dslreports logo
spacer

spacer
 
    ISP Rolodex Intro Local ISPs Members U-Verse FiOS FiOS Soon
spc

spacer




how-to block ads



Bell Fibe page on DSLReports
Six Month Rating

Reviews:
bullet 71 reviews (33 good) (19 bad)
bullet Submit a review by email click here
bullet login for new review notification feature

Review by Maxime128 See Profile

  • Location: Quebec,QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified.
Good "Fiabilité, vitesse, prix"
Bad "Aucun!"
Overall "Excellent produit FTTH"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings above consensus)

Mon expérience internet se résume a cela depuis début mai 2012 a aujourd'hui..

L'installation c'est bien déroulé et a prit seulement 2 heures il était deux un en dedans et un dehors pour passer la fibre. Le travail est propre et bien fait.

Je suis satisfait du service de Bell j'ai jamais eu aucun problème de facturation avec eux jusqu'à maintenant.

Je recommande Bell fibe pour ceux qui y ont accès au FTTH ou FTTN, c'est un bon service et il ont plutôt de bon prix..

4 septembre 2014:

Je met a jour mon review.. J'ai annulé en août 2014 mes 2 lignes de cellulaire et la télé fibe. Du Coté des cellulaire et de la télé fibe j'ai rien a dire pour la qualité du service et de la facturation. J'ai annulé a cause que je voulait coupé dans quelques services.. la tv que je n'utilisait plus asser. Maintenant il me reste fibe 50/50 illimité a 69,95$. L'internet également le service est correct et la facturation.


member for 4.4 years, 1283 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 21 days ago

Comments:
Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

bell Fibe

C'est bell Fibe est non Fibre

Maxime128

join:2010-10-22
Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

Re: bell Fibe

said by Seb851:

C'est bell Fibe est non Fibre

Je tes fait plaisir j'ai corrigé.

J'ai seulement fait un update de mon review pour l'illimité
zeiterfiber

join:2012-05-27
Quebec, QC

avoir le même prix pour 50/50

Commet puis-je profiter du rabais à 42$? Je me suis abonné en juillet dernier et je paye 53,95 pour le 50-50 moins le 4$ pour les 3 services...

Mon forfait global est: 50/50, tv + 15 + sports + tel = 105 tx incluses..

Maxime128

join:2010-10-22
Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

Re: avoir le même prix pour 50/50

said by zeiterfiber:

Commet puis-je profiter du rabais à 42$? Je me suis abonné en juillet dernier et je paye 53,95 pour le 50-50 moins le 4$ pour les 3 services...

Mon forfait global est: 50/50, tv + 15 + sports + tel = 105 tx incluses..

Tu ne peut pas, je me suis abonné en mai 2012 et j'ai profité de l'offre du rabais permanent était plus élever que le rabais d'après et d'aujourd'hui.

Review by zebra03 See Profile

  • Location: B6L3H5
  • Cost: $138 per month
  • Install: about 3 days
Good "As Advertised"
Bad "None"
Overall "Fantastic Service"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings above consensus)

Moved from 20/7 cable service to 150/30 FiberOP service with no usage caps. The stated speed is exactly what I am getting. Monthly price is for a complete bundle. Order and install process was seamless and to this time zero downtime. Highly recommended for those who are able to obtain FiberOP. Will never be going back to cable ever again!!!!

member for 12.5 years, 434 visits, last login: 5 days ago
lodged 50 days ago

Comments:






Review by LondonDave See Profile

  • Location: London, ON
  • Cost: $61 per month
  • Install: about 3 days
Good "Bell FTTH has not had a minute of downtime since installed. Speed advertised is delivered 100% of the time"
Bad "The Sagemcom router they include is a piece of junk with poor wireless signal"
Overall "If you live in a neighbourhood with FTTH then by all means give it a try."
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

My Other Reviews

·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
I moved into a new neighbourhood that was wired with fiber so trying bell fibe was a no brainer. I called and was offered a deal without having to ask over and over. I arranged my install for 2 days later and was up and running 1 hour after the tech arrived. I started initially with 15/15 and usually ended up with 16/16. After 1 year I called retensions and was offered 50/50 with 200 gig of usage for 53.95 a month. If you have phone or tv with bell they knock 4 dollars more off a month.

Update: The service is still working well. I still am unable to get full speeds through the sagemcom modem in bridge mode so I have removed it all together. Price has changed however usage has increased as well.



member for 3.5 years, 310 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 57 days ago

Comments:

Review by qcmart See Profile

  • Location: Saint-Jerome,QC
  • Cost: $57 per month (12 month contract)
Good "Vitesse constante, stabilité exceptionnelle"
Bad "l'ancien modem Sagecom ne fournissait pas un bon signal Wifi. La nouvelle borne 2000 a réglé le problème."
Overall "À ce prix, Vidéotron ne fait pas le poids (upload limité à 10 Mbps)"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

Le forfait est excellent. Par contre, difficile de savoir si Bell ne changera pas arbitrairement son prix comme il l'a déjà fait par le passé.

L'installation est excellente, mais il faut compter quelques heures en compagnie du technicien. Celui-ci a même amené la fibre jusqu'à la maison alors que le fil arrêtait à trois maisons de la mienne.

La borne 2000 est définitivement supérieure au Sagecom pour le signal Wifi. Nous l'avons eue gratuitement après de bonnes discussions au SAC.

J'attends impatiemment que Bell accorde le rabais jumelé de 30 dollars pour le forfait Fibe 175. Actuellement, c'est 139$ par mois pour la version téléchargement illimité.

Bref, si votre quartier est équipé de la fibre optique de Bell, je vous recommande chaudement le produit Fibe 50-50 illimité.

member for 10.9 years, 1427 visits, last login: 85 days ago
updated 85 days ago

Comments:

Review by marknotmarc See Profile

  • Location: k2k0h2
  • Cost: $89 per month
  • Install: about 25 days
Good "Install was on time. Excellent Speed. Excellent latency"
Overall "Would recommend"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings above consensus)

After my address was finally qualified in the Bell system for FTTH I received a call from Bell for the 50/50 package at an ongoing reduced rate of $49 a month with no contract. To that I added the $30 unlimited option. As I had Rogers ordered it for 25 days in the future to give a 5 day overlap as Rogers requires a 30 day cancellation period.

The tech showed up on time, was professional and installed the Optical Network Terminal, the UPS/power supply for the ONT, the Sagemcom modem, and spliced in an additional extra few feet of fibre to reach the install location.

I plugged the Sagemcom into my Asus router and tested the connection and it worked fine. Speeds were better than advertised.

»www.speedtest.net/result/4015517 ··· 7329.png

After the tech left I plugged the cable from the ONT directly into my Asus router and added VLAN tagging of 35 on the IPTV tab and eliminated the need for the Bell provided modem entirely.

I am enjoying the extra bandwidth on the upload speed with my web facing Synology box that I use for cloud storage. the 175/175 package seemed overkill to me.

I would recommend this product for people that have real FTTH and not FTTN.

member for 3.1 years, 324 visits, last login: a few hours ago
lodged 87 days ago

Comments:

Review by rawdeegee See Profile

  • Location: Canada
  • Cost: $90 per month (24 month contract)
  • Install: about 4 days
Good "FTTH with Unlimited!"
Bad "2 year term"
Overall "We're not going anywhere, so we're happy with the price and the service."
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

We ordered Bell Fibe 50, and I should mention that the price we got is with a TV package. The TV price is not included in the quoted price above, but the bundling gives us unlimited data at a significantly discounted rate plus, more discounts to sweeten the deal, as well as waiving setup and installation fees. Clearly these guys are putting up a fight. The main downside is the 2 year term, as well as perhaps the bundling with a TV package. But frankly, I wanted live sports and news, she wanted some specialty channels, and and we just bought this house, so we're not going anywhere. So the TV and the term aren't really downsides for us.

But wait, there's more. It turns out that the 2 year old home we bought on the eastern edge of Toronto was already wired with Fiber to the Home (FTTH). There is literally a box in utility panel in the basement with a fiber optic link dangling inside it. I was so dense I didn't notice this when we were looking at the house, though I suspect the home inspector mentioned it but it didn't click in. So we're getting roughly 50 up/down, obviously well below fiber's capability, but plenty for us for now at a competitive price, with possibilities for greater speeds should we need it.

It took literally 4 business days after ordering to get the installation guy in, who was there within an hour of the scheduled time window. He was very friendly and asked good questions as to how we wanted everything setup, including running a CAT5 cable from the basement up to our main floor living room through the wall and installing a network plug for the TV. The job was completed in about 3 hours.

Router is a Sagecom Fast, optical modem is an Alcatel Lucent.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3993 ··· 93420172

Attachments:
Click for full size


member for 99 days, 1 visits, last login: 98 days ago
updated 98 days ago

Comments:

Review by hlo207 See Profile

  • Location: North York,ON
  • Cost: $106 per month
Good "Stable."
Bad "Lower bandwidth limit"
Overall "Bell owns the infrastructure so there will be less hassle in technical support."
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings above consensus)

I have been on Bell Sympatico since 2000. I was under the grandfathered unlimited bandwidth until I upgrade to Fibe 15/10. I have the $30 unlimited bandwidth added to it. I much prefer they offer a higher bandwidth with the price or just let my grandfathered bandwidth continue. Switch ISP is not really a choice since my sympatico emails are associated with way too many things now.

Installation of Fibe 15/10 was great since the technician came to the house. I use the Sagemcom Fast 2864 gateway. That way it will be easy to deal with tech support for any issue.

Upgraded to FTTH today. For what I paid for Fibe 15/10 + unlimited bandwidth, I have Fibe 50/50 now. Installation technician was friendly and highly skilled.

Recent Toronto Xmas 2013 Ice Storm. Power went out Dec 21 at 10pm. ONT powered down internet as expected but backup battery kept the ground line alive for about 16 hrs. Once the power came back on Xmas day, everything came back on without a hitch.

With the help of Bell_Dom from Direct forum I found a deal by talking to retention. Instead of paying $140 after tax (94.95 + 30 = tax), I am down to $106 after tax. Here is the before tax break down:
Fibe 50/50 (150gb limit): $73.95
Unlimited bandwidth: $30
$10 off for 12 months: -$10
------------------------------
Before tax total: $93.95


member for 2.3 years, 600 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 223 days ago

Comments:
ohughes

join:2014-08-18
Ottawa, ON

Fibe

So I am a long time Bell customer with previous unlimited broadband, etc. Now recently upgraded to FibeTV with all the previous services too. Now all my IT services are with Bell.
I too was very happy with the installation and the technician was helpful.
My problem is the new modem/router/TV device they installed. It is the Sagemcom gateway. Apparently this device would not allow me to create a port forwarding for receiving Remote Desktop from my office. I need to get access to my home computer remotely and so need to do the port forwarding.
Any way around this?
I tried to plug in my old modem first to the DSL connection on the Corning POTS splitter. Then I tried the Phone line on the splitter and the raw Line connection on the splitter. None worked (i.e. no DSL)
Question: does the Line connection come directly from the 2-wire connection to my house? In the past, connecting my modem to this unfiltered line allowed the DSL connection.
Would Bell sell me another replacement for the Sagemcom that did what I want?
Thanks

hlo207

join:2012-11-16
North York, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

Re: Fibe

Try what this url suggests: »windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/wind ··· -network

I got this to work at my work's Bell network which uses the Sagemcom 2864. If you need to remote access for 1 machine, you should be fine. I heard from others there are other ways to deal with dynamic IP addresses but I never tried that. The no fixed IP is the problem for Remote Desktop. It will remain whether you use the Connection Hub, Home Hub, or even your own. That is my understanding.
--
H. Lo
North York, Ontario
FTTH 50/50
... Hates wifi, nothing beats Ethernet cables and switches. ...
ohughes

join:2014-08-18
Ottawa, ON

Re: Fibe

Thanks. Unfortunately I am not sure you have understood my problem. I am completely familiar with Windows Remote Desktop and before Fibe, my previous modem and router managed it fine. I also have a dynamic public IP address.
The problem is that although I can go to the Sagemcom administrator page (192.168.2.1) and forward port 3389 to the appropriate computer IP address, it just does not work. It appears that there is a problem at the modem level (Sagemcom is an integrated modem/router). Before, when I had my previous system setup, I had to allow passage to port 3389 through the modem first, then allow the port forwarding of 3389 second (on the router).
I thought I could work around this by unplugging the line feed to the Splitter and reassemble my old system, but that won't work either. I also tried plugging my old system into the Splitter (first "phone" connection then "line" connection) and again this would not work.
When I contacted Bell they said it's a problem with Sagemcom and there is no way around it.
I can't believe that.
Thanks again.

Review by wwwertdf See Profile

  • Location: Etobicoke,ON
  • Cost: $85 per month
  • Install: about 7 days
Good "Fast, Reliable, Guaranteed Speeds"
Bad "Fibe Not Availible Everywhere, 49.99 Install Fee"
Overall "Great Price for Great Service"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings above consensus)

What package did you order, at what advertised monthly price?
Symmetrical Fiber 175 - 89.95, I have cell service so it bundled down to 84.99
What good or bad experiences most struck you?

How was the order & install process?
Ordered through Bell chat, hadn't moved in quite yet but they were very helpful. The sales agent didn't even bother to try and charge extra for the modem which should have been 99.95

What brand/model was the supplied equipment?
Came with a UPS for the Fiber Modem, Sagecom Fiber Modem and Bell's "Home Hub 1000"

What good or bad experiences most struck you?
The only complaint is the install fee. I understand why, I just can't fathom why I have to pay extra to install a service that I am going to be using. I also liked that Bell notified me via SMS when the tech was on his way.

Pictures. The technician was very neat with his install. (The stray Cat6's are mine)

»imgur.com/Y2vIT4S
»imgur.com/FqnOVm0
»imgur.com/x59zP6F
»imgur.com/wJ55IKa
»imgur.com/Ktbe0bB
»imgur.com/9OXoQTT
»imgur.com/V99gKko
»imgur.com/s00nktG

member for 1.9 years, 7 visits, last login: 217 days ago
lodged 231 days ago

Comments:

Review by AMDRUBY See Profile

  • Location: Repentigny,QC
  • Cost: $216 per month (36 month contract)
  • Install: about 3 days
Good "Très bonne vitesse/TV parfaite/Telephone rien a reprocher"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

LE Package étais pas mal le même Fibe 50/50 20 postes à la carte Un cell et Le Tel environ 216$

L'installation... Le premier a fais une job mer....!
Le deuxième (qui ma Installer Fibe TV en 2012) a bien fais son job! M'rappel plus de son nom mais il étais de loin plus professionnel que L'ancien qui étais venu en 2011...

Bell Fibe est comment dire LE GROS POINT FORT de BELL! C'est un atout qui doivent garder! Ayant eux le Sat de 2009 à 2012 Pour La tv et L'internet (routeur blanc) de 09 à 11 quand Y sont venu a Repentigny pour Fibe Internet en 2011 Mes ennuies de deco sont disparu... Sois un an(longue année)... après Fibe tv est arrivé dans mon coin et Dès le premier Jour J'ai caller Bell pour avoir Fibe tv J'etais plus capable du Sat...(Pas possible de pas pouvoir écoutés ses émissions pendant qui pleut ou neige).! Sois Depuis 2011 = 0 Problème internet et Fibe TV(2012) = 0 problème.

La Facturation jamais eu d'ennuie!
Dernièrement Bell M'ont offert 9 postes à la cartes je payer 24$ pour 21.... La Madame de Chez Bell a été assez professionnelle pour me dire que pour 1$ J'avais le droit a 9 postes de plus..

EN gros J'ai Bell Fibe 50/50(FTTH) Un cell Téléphone (Interrurbain illimitée) au QC pas sur au Canada.! et la TV 30 postes à la carte
Sagemcom F@st 2864 Router et Bell Fibe tv Motorola VIP 2262

Videotron me demandais 245$ environ Pour l'équivalent que J'ai chez BELL!
En gros je suis très Satisfait!

member for 296 days, 3 visits, last login: 283 days ago
updated 296 days ago

Comments:

Review by poker85 See Profile

  • Location: Laval
  • Cost: $53 per month (month by month)
Good "Le prix et la vitesse"
Bad "Avoir un bon prix est difficile"
Pre Sales Information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

Bonjour
Je suis avec Bell depuis 3 ans maintenant
J'ai la fibe 50 et je suis agréablement surpris par la fiabilité.
Il faut dire que c'est de la fibre optique qui entre dans la maison.
Le point négatif est que j'ai du appeler très souvent le service à la clientèle pour avoir le prix que j'ai obtenu.
Pourquoi est-ce si dure de mettre sur leur site web le VRAI PRIX qu'on peut avoir.
Je suis passé de 89.99$ par mois à 49.95$ par mois sans contrat ni aucun autre service...
En tout cas, pour le prix que je paye, c'est un très bon service que j'ai!


member for 3.4 years, 545 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 315 days ago

Comments:
Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

Le prix Afficher

Les Prix qui son afficher sur BELL.CA son les bon prix ..

Ils veux dire les prix optenue via Négociation son les plus durs les Avoir
--
M677 - Boisbriand
Équipe des Opération/Operation Team - Marchandiseur/merchandiser