Anveo page on DSLReports

Review by emjayef See Profile

• Location: Pleasant Hill,Contra Costa,CA
Good "Very flexible incoming call filtering (IVR), very cheap E911 and incoming calls"
Bad "Customer service seems to be mostly low priority, and parts of website are confusing"
Overall "Good mix of features and reliability if you're fairly resourceful"

·Astound Broadband
I wasn't really using my landline much with unlimited cellular calling in the US, but i didn't really want to give it up completely, since I've had the number for 15 years and there are some people who I didn't want to lose touch with. But telemarketers were getting to be a pain, so I decided to look for a way to filter them out, and also save money (and be able to buy my own cable modem without spending more for a telephony modem).

At first, I thought about porting to Google Voice, and forward to something else, but later decided Google voice wasn't really flexible enough, and forwarding calls just introduced an extra level of potential problems.

So, I got an Obihai adapter from Amazon, and signed up for a few VOIP providers to try them out. Setup was pretty easy for all, even though I knew nothing about the subject. Obihai makes it fairly easy to set up, especially for a few well-known providers.

I quickly found out that Anveo was about the only one that had the features I really wanted, so after a couple of weeks of testing, I ported my number to them. This took about a week or so, but I never lost phone service at all during that time. I signed up for a plan that costs $2/month + 80 cents for E911 service. This plan includes "unlimited" incoming calls, and pay-as-you-go outgoing, which is 1 cent/minute for US, and 1/2 cent/minute for Canada. But I don't call out much, so that is no problem.

I have not gotten one telemarketer call since I started. I have a whitelist set up for known callers, so they get right through normally, and if we don't answer, go to our answering machine. Unknown callers get a message to press 1 to continue the call, or 5 to leave a message. So robocalls don't do anything, and most telemarketers miss the beginning of the message, and hang up (so far, no rings to my phone). If the caller has no callerID, they go right to voicemail.

I also set up 2 blacklists, one that goes right to voicemail, and another that gets a tone and message that the number is disconnected.

Voicemail messages generate an immediate email with attached sound file of the message. If my internet is down, calls can be forwarded to cell phones with a message that indicates this problem first.

There are a lot of other features to play with. I can have it allow our cellphone numbers to access a special mode (after entering pin) that allows us to make a call using the Anveo outgoing abilities and cost, like to make an international long distance call, or simply to show the home phone callerID.

Customer support can be a little iffy for minor problems, but you can get a lot of help here, including from Anveo people that hang out here.

UPDATE: 8/22/2014

Just a minor update after about 6 months. I have received zero telemarketer calls, although I've gotten the tail end of a few robocall recordings on voicemails. I don't mind these, as they don't interrupt me or wake me up or anything like that. I could eliminate them, but it doesn't happen often, and I'd rather err on the side of caution so I won't lose any calls I want.

I tried out the incoming SMS, which should forward to my cell phone, and found that it does not work. I posted here, and got a message from an Anveo tech the next day that said it was disabled at the carrier level and fixed; so far, though, it's not being forwarded to my phone, but I'm still pretty optimistic that it will get straightened out soon. It's not high priority, so I have not entered a ticket.

member for 6.7 years, 139 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by dygordon See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Highly configurable, inexpensive, good up-time"
Bad "Some issues with porting and support responsiveness in the past"
Overall "A solid choice"

August 20, 2014: I submitted a ticket to ask about a workaround for a missing feature (use ** to start recording only works on incoming, not outgoing calls). Got a quick response to that, and then today Anveo tells me their developers have added this feature to outgoing calls as well. Very impressed!

August 18, 2014: A bit of an update. Still using Anveo and the service continues to work well for me. Support seems to have improved somewhat as well, posted a ticket today and got a response just now. My SMS has also been working well ever since the porting issue was resolved.

I've been using Anveo for a few months in lieu of my cellphone plan. At first I just forwarded the number, and everything was great. Good call quality, like the configuration flexibility, and I find it easy enough to setup and use.

Then last month I ported the cellphone number to Anveo. Took about a week and the communication on the progress was decent. But somehow SMS was broken. They say it takes a bit longer, and at first I got text-to-voice calls, but now I get nothing at all and it's well past the time-frame.

Getting in touch with support took some effort; never received any reply to emails to customer service or the porting email after more than a week. I've submitted two free support tickets about minor issues and never heard anything back on them, either, so although I submitted another ticket on this I had my doubts. After I submitted a review here to that effect, I heard back quite promptly with a status update that the matter had been escalated to their carrier and was out of Anveo's zone of responsibility. Fair enough!

I like their service and for the price it is tough to complain. Also seems to be more reliable than competing services. If they found a way to improve their support communication to include at least acknowledging receipt and providing status updates when actions are planned or taken, that would handle the only downside I've found.

Comments:

Review by Arne Bolen See Profile

• Location: Antar
Good "Excellent quality, advanced features, visual Call Flows, very good support and low rates"
Bad "Can't find anything bad"
Overall "Excellence in VoIP!"

·Callcentric
UPDATE: July 29, 2014.

Both Anveo Retail and Anveo Direct are working extremely well.

I just like to point out the "Call Flow for Outbound Calls" feature in Anveo Retail, a feature many customers may be unaware of. With the "Call Flow for Outbound Calls" feature you can use your Anveo Retail account and make your outbound calls via other providers like Anveo Direct, SIPSorcery, CallWithUs, Callcentric, Alcazarnetworks, Flowroute, VoIP.ms and other providers.

The "Call Flow for Outbound Calls" feature is very useful and works like a charm.

UPDATE: Sep 08, 2013: Since my last update I mostly use Anveo Direct for my outgoing calls. The benefit of using Anveo Direct is that the audio goes directly from the carrier to my SIP device, something that improves the already excellent audio quality. The latency is of course lower with Direct Media. Other benefits of using Anveo Direct for outgoing calls are extremely low rates and the ability of being able to decide which carrier I wish to use.

In addition to outgoing calls I also use Anveo Direct for incoming calls on certain DIDs with one Zone Worldwide channel. It's certainly worth the monthly $17.00 to have my own channel with unlimited number of incoming minutes.

I'm extremely happy with Anveo and I can warmly recommend them.

UPDATE: Sep 24, 2012: It's almost 2 years since I became a customer of Anveo.

During this time I have made many feature requests and most of them have been implemented within 1-2 weeks. That's very impressive! Anveo really listen to their customers.

The audio quality of calls is the best I ever experienced. And I love the many useful features. With the Call Flow system I can design my voip service the way I prefer it.

IMHO Anveo is one of the best providers on the market and I highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a voip provider.

UPDATE: Apr 7, 2011: I have noticed Anveo support has a very fast response time. Every time I post a support request my request is completed/answered within 3-5 minutes. I can't recall I ever have experienced such quick response from any other service provider.

Anveo is not just an ordinary voip provider. It's a combination of a feature rich voip provider and feature rich hosted PBX with a low price tag.

A very nice feature is the visual call flow. Instead of filling in a lot of fields you just drag-and-drop the call controls you want to use. The graphical visual call flow makes it extremely easy to configure your Anveo account.

I simple love this graphical visual call flow, it's a lot more easier to configure the account compared to the traditional "fill in a lot of fields" way of configuring.

Anveo has many useful advanced features, more features than most other providers of voip and hosted PBX.

It seems Anveo has its data center somewhere in east USA, I am not sure where. However despite this the sound quality on calls from European callers is very good, a lot better than I expected. It seems only G711 is used for audio.

The problem being located in Europe is that the audio stream on calls from European callers goes from Europe to USA and back to Europe. But with Anveo the latency is not noticeable, I am not sure how this is possible. Maybe it is because Anveo is using the high quality carrier Voxbone for European DIDs and Voxbone may route the audio stream directly to my European hosted PBX.

I am still testing Anveo but so far I am very satisfied with Anveo. For SOHO Anveo is an excellent choice.

member for 5.1 years, 2521 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

mdshs

@bell.ca

Right!

Obviously you have some kind of affiliation with Anveo, since no customer is that knowledgeable about another company. Any time someone posts on the forum for help you seem to have the answer complete with screen shots. I also don't buy your "best audio quality" you've ever heard deal. I found zero quality difference between them and voip.ms or callcentric, or even analog lines. Certainly not enough to boast that it's much better.
Blue Square

join:2012-09-25
Lutherville Timonium, MD

1 recommendation

Re: Right!

Well, if you looked to the right, you can see the other reviews he's written. He seems knowledgeable about those other services as well. So is he affiliated with Anveo's competition at the same time? That sounds absurd, right? I happen to be very knowledgeable about Anveo myself, after calling their courteous sales team excessively, and asking for info.

I get the same bad review wording on occasion from a small few of my customers. A have had written that "...all the many 5-stars ratings for my service must be written by their own team." Th =e truth is, Apple doesn't allow app developers to rate their own apps, and further, I AM the whole team...just me! Now I have a couple reviews that are wrong, not totally truthful, hurtful and have a direct impact on my sales...therefore I am sensitive to statements. Just sayin'.....

said by mdshs :

A few years ago some readers on the forum thought I was working in the support department of VoIP.ms.

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

Come on.......

Every one of your last 4 reviews is 100% perfection for ALL categories.

I find this hard to believe the reviews. Nothing's perfect.
Blue Square

join:2012-09-25
Lutherville Timonium, MD

Re: Come on.......

I get A LOT of 5-star ratings for my service and people say the same thing. They think I'm writing my own reviews or something, but I can't even write a review for my own service!... and let alone over 120 of them. Don't be so quick to think "fake or scam". Some services just really are that good.

2 recommendations

said by VexorgTR:

Nothing's perfect.

Like you pretending to be a customer of your own company.

Review by vincom See Profile

• Location: Bolton,ON
Good "cheap reliable service"
Bad "website is a little confusing, tech support is not there"

·TekSavvy Cable
reliable and cheap voip service with lots of features even on their cheapest plan.
website is confusing trying to figure out pricing, plans and features.
i signed up when there was free porting if you payed upfront for 12months, $2/mnth plan x12=$24 + i enabled e911 for $0.80/month.
we make very little outgoing calls we we are charged 1/2 cent /minute, incoming calls are free.
easy to block specific phone numbers like telemarketers from the main page w/out having to use the ivr/call flow tool.
if your teksavy then im pretty sure you will get use to their webpage and ivr/call flow feature.
ivr/call flow feature is where you control how calls are handled, like vm, blocklist, time availability, etc.,
using the obi100 w/no issues.
cnam is flaky i think, not quite sure if its free or pay to use feature, one page says it is included but another page states that its 1cent per inbound call if you enable the feature.

may 18/2014 for my use $3 to $3.5 /mnth includes the $0.80 e911, free incoming, 1/2 cent outgoing and the $2/mnth for phone number

may 20/2014 wanted to ask a question about the obi plan, to get a responce i have to open a ticket believe or not, i get 4 free tickets, still waiting for a responce after 4 days
finally figured out how to use the ivr module, well somewhat as there are lots of options to choose from
service is fairly reliable as i only had down times due to my internet being down

june 4/2014: back in may i paid upfront for 12 mnths for my number then the new obihai offer came out, i emailed to see if i could switch to that plan. the response was i had to submit a ticket which i did and used 1 of 4 i get for free.
its been well over a month and still no reply,
i asked through their portal about sms charges, still nothing.
so yes tech support sucks, but phone service thus far still good

member for 5.4 years, 683 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Warning

@76.232.191.x

Bad Support

The support is terrible. I purchased the product for a year and tried to port my number. The porting of the number never happened and I ended up with a number from a different state. I never could get the service to work right and tried numerous times to get some tech support to help straiten the service out. Finally I sent an email to the company that I was going to contact PayPal if didn't hear back from them. Still no response. Two days after getting my money back from PayPal they contacted me and told me they take fraudulence very serious. I told them if I have an account with them cancel it. My advice, BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

Re: Bad Support

porting problems are usually from your current provider, my transfer from teksavvy pots plan to anveo voip was quick and painless.
tech support is lacking, i only get 4 free tickets for the plan i chose, but i have not needed them yet

Review by grand total See Profile

• Location: Mississauga
Good "Inexpensive, quality service that just works."
Bad "Nothing."
Overall "Trouble free, value for money service."

·VMedia
22 June 2014

Another year has passed and literally nothing to report. No problem of any sort, just reliable service. Makes dull reading, but I love it.

15 June 2013

I had an Anveo account for a long while before actually porting my number to them using the "free" porting offer. The porting process itself was easy and painless and completed in 6 days. The "free' porting offer itself did not drive my decision to port to Anveo, I had already decided to do it and it was just a small unexpected bonus.

My wife had been (very) unhappy with our previous provider, incoming calls going straight to voicemail and outgoing calls that didn't connect or had terrible audio and she really wanted to go back to Bell, but I managed to persuade her to let me give Anveo a try. Fortunately they have not let us down, Anveo just works.

Sound quality is excellent and, for a Canadian it's hard to beat the price. We have the unlimited incoming option, E911 and a small amount of outgoing, we rarely spend more than $4 per month.

Anveo's website attracts a lot of comments, positive and negative, but I find it generally easy to use, I do occasionally have to search to find what I want, but it's always there.

Support - on the one occasion I needed it the response was rapid and to the point. The support engineer understood what I was asking and his reply completely answered my question.

Overall I have been using Anveo as my main provider for 10 months and I am a very satisfied customer.

member for 8.8 years, 2383 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Arne Bolen
·Callcentric

Still working like a charm for me also

Sorry for "hijacking" your review. DSLR don't allow me to review Anveo and they have removed my previous review from my list of reviews.

Anyway, I like to add that both my Anveo Retail and Anveo Direct accounts also work extremely well for me.

Mango
What router are you using?
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Re: Still working like a charm for me also

That's a little surprising - any reason for that?

Re: Still working like a charm for me also

No reason or notice has been given. The link under my avatar just disappeared and my review is hidden. I can edit the review but it's still hidden for others.

I did update my Anveo review shortly after this review and it never appeared.

Maybe DSLR believes I am an employee of Anveo.
PX Eliezer
Morrow Project fan
join:2013-03-10
Outland
·Optimum Voice

said by Arne Bolen:

said by Arne Bolen:

Maybe DSLR believes I am an employee of Anveo.

This is unfortunate and incorrect.

I hope that DSLR rectifies this error.

said by PX Eliezer:

I hope that DSLR rectifies this error.

I doubt that will happen, but I hope so.
grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·VMedia
No problem at all Arne. It was because of your enthusiasm for Anveo that I tried them in the first place.

I don't use Call Flow for Outbound Calls much, but I do have 8 flows set up which get occasional use. As far as I'm aware it's a feature unique to Anveo.
SB6141 - WRT610N + Shibby Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.27.0 on a Virtual Server
Anveo - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Localphone

said by grand total:

My enthusiasm for Anveo is growing every day.

said by grand total:

As far as I'm aware it's a feature unique to Anveo.

I believe so. At least I have not seen it with any other provider. It's quite unique feature making it so easy for their customers to use a competitor for outbound calling.

Review by mugurd See Profile

• Location: Ottawa, ON
Good "Painless port in, good voice quality"
Bad "Web site can be challenging, 4 tickets only for my user profile (cheap...)"
Overall "Totally recommended - I save 20+ $/month with no CQ hit"

I went for the Personal Plan, with unlimited incoming (I spend a ton of time on conf calls where I can have the bridge dial me back) and prepaid for 1 yr + E911 the cost is ~2.60USD/mth. Plus outgoing minutes....for which I actually found Circlenet.us at the moment to be cheaper.
I love the IVR - and played with it extensivelly - and the blocklist.

Call quality is top notch and for the few cases where I had to engage support (interop with CallCentric and CSIPSimple issues) I got a solution within 24 hrs. Can't complain.

Bottom line: I totally recommended Anveo to co-workers and friends, not so much for the referral bonus but because I believe the service is good.

Comments:

Maine User

@74.69.237.x

Good Quality, can't beat the price

Ported my home phone in two months ago from VoIP.MS. Porting processes was smooth and quick.

Call quality is always good to excellent.

Portal is confusing, and (on my plan at least) they charge for support, so you may find yourself on your own, but with some googling around I was able to answer my own questions.

Review by ajhaji See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Unlimited incoming calls for a very low rate. Very good reliability."
Bad "Only two SIP devices can be registered at a time, unless you pay extra."
Overall "An excellent choice for reliable VoIP."

·AEI Internet
I moved my DIDs from VoIP.ms to Anveo a few months ago when VoIP.ms was having severe Canadian DID issues. I couldn't be happier. Incoming calls to my DID almost always go through (I'd say over 99% of the time). I like the way Anveo has their POPs set up and the automatic failover is great. Anveo has gone down only twice since I signed up, which is a lot more than I can say about VoIP.ms—I had daily issues with them.

Now, since Anveo has added outgoing Canadian CNAM support and fixed issues with certain Canadian 1-800 numbers, I'm happy to use Anveo as my primary outgoing provider, as well. Outgoing calls to Canadian numbers are only $0.005/minute, which is half the price of VoIP.ms.

Anveo support has always been responsive when I have contacted them, and the monthly ticket limit has never been an issue. In most cases, tickets I've submitted have been "refunded" if the problem was not of my own making.

Some of the drawbacks of the service include the limitation of only being able to connect 2 SIP devices at a time, unless you pay a pretty penny to allow more sub-accounts. This is in stark contrast to the unlimited free sub-accounts allowed by VoIP.ms. This means that if you're a business and you have more than 2 phones, you'll have to either pay up monthly, or get a PBX to be able to connect those phones. And if you do pay for extra sub-accounts, keep in mind that the $0.80/month E911 fee is charged on EVERY sub-account, even if they're all located at the same address!

In short, Anveo is reliable, inexpensive, and perfect for customers with either a single SIP device or a PBX. Customers needing to connect more than one device without a PBX should look at VoIP.ms.

member for 12.4 years, 3897 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by kpmengr See Profile

• Location: Santa Maria,Santa Barbara,CA
Good "Call flow is cool!"
Bad "No autorecharge option"
Overall "I am a happy customer"

I started VOIP service with Callcentric 4 years ago. Since then I have used Future Nine and VOIP.ms before settling on Anveo. I have to admit I found Anveo's billing scheme difficult to understand at first. I use the "free" incoming and "basic" outgoing service. I used to think VOIP.ms had the most features but I was so impressed with what could be done with call flow, I switched. My call flow screens out spam, forwards to cell if I don't answer my home number (for family and friends), and forwards all calls to cell if I lose login (such as during a network problem). There are many more cool options to implement but this basic flow works fine for now. My only complain is I have been caught unaware when my fund balance ran out in the middle of a call. I wish Anveo had 'autorecharge' billing like Callcentric has.

Comments:

emjayef

join:2007-11-25
Pleasant Hill, CA
·Astound Broadband

Recharging

I think they have notifications for when funds reach a certain trigger point. Not nearly as convenient, but I think they're a pretty small company, so maybe they just can't afford it.

I agree that their IVR call flow is really nice. Most problems I've had with them (I've only been using them about a week) is due to my ATA configuration settings.

Review by yahoo2003 See Profile

• Location: Mclean,Fairfax,VA
Good "Reliable, cost effective and flexible plans"
Bad "Haven't find one"
Overall "New gold standard for business and residential VOIP"

·callwithus
I have been using Anveo for more than 3 months (08/2011).
Anveo is a very unique VOIP company providing wide range of services with flexible plans starting $1.49/mo DID (40 min/day included) and 1c/min US outgoing calls.
All rates and charges are clearly posted.
Configuring soft phone and ATAs are straight forward.
Call qualities and other features such as Fax to email have been very reliable.
Technical supports are very prompt and knowledgeable.

(10/26/2012) I have been using Anveo for more than 1 year, Anveo has been very reliable and cost effective for small businesses. Ordered office unlimited with free porting, everything went smoothly. Call quality has been great, couldn't be more happier.

[12/31/2012) So far so good. My wife is very happy with her new VOIP provider for voice and fax, Great quality and lower cost.
(11/17/2013) Trouble free VOIP provider for small business at great price. Just renewed for another year (13 months) for $48.

(02/15/2014) No issue at all for multiple residential and business phones and faxes.

Comments:

Review by clubbby See Profile

• Location: Salt Lake City,Salt Lake,UT
Good "High quality and highly configurable"
Bad "Website and rates and mildly difficult to understand"
Overall "As long as you're technologically competent (even just barely so), it's a great choice."

The short of it is, the audio quality is fantastic. Their pay as you go rates are very good. As of the time of the writing you can be up and going for as little as $1.30 a month plus a cent a minute for domestic calls. While I'm overall quite happy with Anveo as is evident from my rating, let me go over some of my "could be betters".

Website/Configuration: Seems like everyone complains about the website, and yeah there's a lot of configuration items. Once you know where everything is, you appreciate that you have that many functions available to you. What really gets me is that some things have some really stupid defaults or make some things more cumbersome than they need to be. Like having to create separate user accounts for every SIP device you want to add. Yes a SIP device of course needs it's own login credentials but those credentials could all be managed much more easily. And the E911 info should be shared across them. Having to put the same info over and over again was annoying. Another was that the outbound caller ID did not default to my actual number. I had to go to Account preferences > SIP Device Registration and change the options from "Phone Number in your account or from SIP device" (which to me sounds like it should do what I want but doesn't) to my number, which is in the drop down list. I had to do this for every SIP account.

Figuring out rates: In actuality, after taking the time to grasp it, their rate system is actually great. I pay just for what I want (mostly). But they should have some better way of listing these values. My subscription package is one place, my phone number is another place, the listed rates for phone calls and SMS are in yet another place.

SMS: One of the big reasons I went with Anveo is because they supported SMS. I wanted to (and did) drop having a cell phone completely and use VoIP, with a mobile hotspot for when I'm on the go. There are two issues I have with this, first it's a bit expensive, 4 cents per outgoing text and 1 cent coming in, IIRC. If you text a lot, that can add up quickly. I text very little, as most people I contact in that fashion are already on Google Talk so not a deal breaker. The other is that they don't currently support sending from your number, but rather it relays out from another number in their pool, often an international one, so people can't reply to you (rather they can but you won't get it) and moreover might get changed international texting rates if they try. You can configure a senderID to send your real number but every major carrier I've tried with must just ignore it and my recipients get strange random numbers. I contacted their tech support about this and they said their underlying carrier should support sending from your number directly in Q1 of 2014 (so any time now), so I'll try to remember to update this then.

That aside it's great. I use it at work with a softphone (x-lite), on the go with a tablet and softphone (csipsimple), and at home with an OBi100 (or maybe 110, I don't recall.. either way) and I've had consistently great service. And their call flow tool is excellent. It's more geared towards small buisness users I'd say than a consumer such as myself, but I do have it set to ring multiple devices at the same time, as well as "press 1 if urgent" type of message for those that might call after hours. It also has a call blacklist so you can block numbers from solicitors, businesses, creditors, people you just don't like, whatever. I'd urge you to take the little bit of effort it takes to wrap your head around their service and give it a try, because once you do, you'll find you'll be happy with it.

Oh and they take prepayments in 10 - 20 dollar increments via PayPal, which is added to your account balance, which suits me just fine. You can also configure low balance notifications, so you don't accidentally get your service cut off.

Comments:

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL
·T-Mobile US
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·magicjack.com

good review.

I like you review. You like the company and give a positive review without giving out 100% ratings on each item and do not hesitate to point out things you like less.

1++