flowroute page on DSLReports

Review by gapotter See Profile

• Location: Seattle,King,WA
Good "A phone number for $15 a year!"
Bad "Website and FAQ need a bit more info for users"
Overall "Fantastic SIP / Voice service provider"

Since Google Voice phone service will be going away (I access with my Obi110) - I needed to start looking for an inexpensive SIP provider. Obi says they are setting up a service with some provider for $40 a year - but with how often I use my home phone, FlowRoute is MUCH better.

A friend recommended this local company - and they offer a really cool free trial to try out the service.

I'll be buying my phone number (DID) very shortly - it will cost me $1.25 a month, Toll-Free numbers are free to call. Outbound US and Canada dialing is about a penny a minute, inbound the same.

I looked over about 10 different SIP providers, and FlowRoute fits the bill. The only way it could get better is to maybe have free inbound (I'd pay a little more for this!) as I rarely use my home phone.

Comments:

Review by xraminx See Profile

• Location: Oakville,ON
Good "Great quality of service"
Overall "Hands down the best VoIP service provider I have ever used"

Hands down the best VoIP service provider I have ever used. I certainly recommend Flowroute.

Comments:

Review by kimbo See Profile

• Location: Belton,Bell,TX
Good "Top notch customer service, reliable service, competitively priced"
Bad "None I am aware of"
Overall "Service just works, and the customer service is very capable"

Before I was a customer with the company it was really easy to just call them up, get a human, and get some help and consulting with what would be involved during setup.
I ran into a couple of technical problems during setup, but I was always able to reach someone who knew what they were talking about.

When I attempted to setup faxing, I had very little luck with T38. But the people at flowroute were willing to look at the tcpdumps from my equipment, and from that they were able to diagnose the issue. Sure enough, their suggestion solved the problem.

They seem to be priced comparably to any other provider. They actually give you some credit so you can test out the system for free (I don't think I had to provide a credit card number to do that). They even have instructions for setup on asterisk based systems.

I don't really know exactly how their reliability or pricing compares to other providers, but their technical support impressed me and got me to write this review.

Comments:

Review by rjsears See Profile

• Location: Escondido,San Diego,CA
Good "Absolutely amazing ease of setup, was up and running in MINUTES!"
Bad "None that I am aware of...."
Overall "The best VOIP provider that I have used to date."

I have been dealing with Asterisk for a long time. I was one of the first dCAP certified guys in the US when the certification came online. I was the CTO for a very large data center operator in San Diego (the largest) and built and configured many VOIP systems during that time including one where we converted a client who was using 900 POTS lines to a pure VOIP solution.

After selling and leaving the data center world, I continued to build VOIP platforms on Asterisk and Digium but I didn't have access to multiple redundant OC192 rings between our San Diego facilities and our OWB (624 S. Grand) cage and all of the wonderful carriers One Wilshire provided so I was on the hunt for a voip carrier that met my needs and those of my clients. I poked around and tried several, but didn't have a whole lot of luck until someone pointed me to FlowRoute.

I set up my own Switchvox system on Flowroute and I think it was maybe 5 minutes from the time I put in my CC info until I received my first call with my own DIDs on my phone system - needless to say setup was VERY easy. I am on the west coast so the fact that they were on the same side of the country helps a lot I am sure, but it goes beyond just location.

I was pleased with the service so I signed up several of my clients on it and have never had any issues related to their service at all. Not once.

Now the big test - I installed a 200 extension Switchvox system with a client that had six locations very close together. As a result, the main system and PRIs that fed that system all came from one location. My 'local' carrier wanted to charge me $1,500.00 to set up E911 (and $400 per change) so I could manipulate my outbound Caller ID so the E911 stuff would work correctly.

Flowroute to the rescue. I set up yet another flowroute account, this time with E911 enabled with 5 different DIDs and I was up and running with E911 without a glitch. I worked with my local PSAP to test all five locations and they all worked exactly as advertised and more importantly - exactly as they should. And no $1,500.00 fee!

Now that particular client has an 'all-you-can-eat' PRI, but while we were converting the old phone system over, we have made thousands and thousands of calls across flowroute without a single complaint about the service from 100+ employees across all five of those sites.

The other thing yu should know is that their technical support is just as awesome as their service. They answer their phones and emails almost immediately and the staff are very knowledgeable.

Bottom line - They are the best pure VOIP provider that I have used and I will continue to send them referrals.

PS - I don't work for them, own any stock in them, I don't know anyone that works for them, I don't get paid by them and my referrals are direct without any compensation to me at all!

Comments:

Review by jeffik See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Easy set up, good tech support"
Bad "some options hidden in site"
Overall "on 1-10 9"

Had been using other providers for calls to Poland. Everybody offers but most can not provide consistent quality. Found Flowroute on Linked VoIP Termination & Origination group. In the beginning they were so so, but they got it working consistently. They even got the pdd down to a north American standard, not easy to do when calls are often being terminated to gsm gateways. There are still issues but they respond fast and resolve issues fast, they even reply to support requests outside of hour and on weekends. Am starting to use them for traffic to other destination.

"In telecoms operations it's not if but when"

member for 3.3 years, 1 visits, last login: 1 year ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by XCOM See Profile

• Location: Spring,Harris,TX
Good "Good quality routes."
Bad "None so far."
Overall "Great backup provider."

·ObiVoice
·Callcentric
I have been trying flowroute for a few weeks now.
I have not had an issue to be able to rate tech support so I am not going to rate them there.
Price is ok ... They are up there with other providers. Though the initial payment of 35.00 Dollars is a bit high.
Their web interface is not cluttered and is very simple.
The route is of good quality so I think that's about is good is going to get.
So far A+ in my book.

I will continue to evaluate them and update as time passes.

Update: 01/21/2013

I moved flowroute form backup ITSP to my primary terminating ITSP.
A+ for flowroute!

Comments:

Review by eric.bechtel

• Location: Tampa,Hillsborough,FL
Good "Excellent quality, Excellent Support, Ease of Use, Amazing Price"
Bad "Price could be lower? *I doubt it* 24/7 phone support? *unnecessary*"
Overall "I have never experienced a single problem with these guys."

I wanted to give a review on Flowroute because they are quite possibly the
best SIP carrier I've ever used.

As a voip consultant and contractor I have recommended many carriers, only
to be sourly disappointed with various interoperability issues and lack of
support. Flowroute has accounted for themselves in both of these arenas and
I will continue to use them.

I primarily recommend Asterisk to my customers, and the call quality has
been fantastic between the PBX and Flowroute, using both g729 and ULAW.

DIDs are easily to procure, the pricing is fair and flexible and I am
extremely happy with the Virtual PRI service - for companies with high
volume inbound DIDs this will reduce your cost tremendously.

Now, there is outbound CNAM, e911, auto-rebill (something VOIP.MS doesn't
have) and the customer service is amazing. I don't think I've ever waited
longer than 3 minutes. They constantly help people with interconnection and
even help with firewall (SIP ALG, port forwarding, etc.) issues. I can't
think of a single instance where they didn't go above and beyond.

Also, their security, CDR, billing, etc is perfect. I love their simple
interface.

(review was emailed from domain tampatech24.com)

Comments:
carnch

join:2012-12-14
Wichita, KS

I couldn't agree more...

I absolutely agrree with you regarding Flowroute. I've been using them for a couple of years now and I have been extremely happy with their service and support. I originally set up the account to make cheap calls to my wife's home country (Colombia) but have since configured a full-fledged Cisco CME phone system with 6 extensions used for business. Having tried many other providers with very disappointing results I can say that Flowroute is by far the best I've found.

I'd higly recommend Flowroute to anyone needing a cost effective but stable VoIP provider!

• Location: Las Vegas,Clark,NV
Good "Great interface, low-cost, easy setup, redundant and reliable"
Bad "My only gripe is their lack of CNAM lookup, but they say that's a feature they're working on releasing soon."
Overall "Overall, I must say that Flowroute has been great! Iíve tested some other carriers with lower rates, but Flowroute's reliability"

I’ve been using Flowroute for a while now and it works well for what I need it for.

The interface is solid and easy to use. Setting up primary and failover routes to IP hosts or phone numbers for each one of your DIDs is a breeze. They have redundant sip registries, so this is a nice perk.

As far as pricing, they've got really low rates for calling all over the world, including a single low rate for the continental US, making it easy to estimate how much money you'll need to deposit, or when your balance might be low. I’ve been fine with my initial deposit for a few months now and I still have extra change to spare. Also, their auto-replenishment feature helps when I forget to check my balance, and setting up low balance notifications for a lower threshold than auto-replenishment keeps me from having to watch it too closely.

I got a DID block in my area for dirt cheap, and set it up as a trunk on my cloud server within minutes. They have some pretty straightforward configuration guides, but I found myself googling for additional instructions during my setup. It’s a good thing there’s quite a bit of chatter on the Asterisk mail groups about Flowroute.

Their support reps have been very helpful and respond to my emails much faster than my other providers. Kudos to them for having a response time of minutes rather than days.

Overall, I must say that Flowroute has been great! I’ve tested some other carriers with lower rates, but Flowroute's reliability and quality routes has won me over.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)