ikTel Networks page on DSLReports

Review by WiFi See Profile

• Location: NiagaraFalls
Bad "Poor customer and tech support, no redundancy"
Overall "POOR value, inexpensive at the cost of frequent and extreme service outages"

·Start Communicat..
Absolutely the WORST! FAR too many issues to document here.

I have experienced 8 service outages since Jan/2014 and more than 6 in 2013, most of them at least 2 days and one was more than 4 days. Compensation? HAHAHA! You must be kidding?

After waiting 6 weeks for them to ship a replacement adapter (their request, not miine), I drive to Niagara Falls on July 11 and they swap my PAP2T that was working fine. I bring home the replacement to find they did a bait and switch - gave me the really old PAP2T-NA that they told me they stopped using 2y ago because of all kinds of problems. Worst is, I no longer have phone service, they locked me out of my adapter (changed the passwords). My network sees the device, it's obvious they have not programmed it to reach their SIP server so my phone service does not work at all. They won't return calls or emails.

-On May31 there was a total failure from Friday until Monday. I later learned that other customers had service back on Saturday. And, the only way I could get it back was to do the work of reprogramming the ATA myself! They refused to come to my house but I know the owner drives to Hamilton and Toronto to help customers. Two days later they said they had to get into my ATA to program it again. My service is working, they won't say why they want into my network. I was given an ultimatum - open my network to their technician or have my phone service cancelled! In addition, they have turned off all of my features today. I have NEVER been harassed and threatened by a service company EVER until now!

Good luck if you choose this company. You get what you pay for so do yourself a favour - pay a little more and get something for it!

NOTE: **This is NOT a billing issue - I am CURRENT and always have been!

Comments:
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
·MegaPath

Emails

Generally no ISP will back up email. It's a best of effort service and is generally spelled out very clear for that. That is why its best to use your own domain and its own host for that. Never use your ISP unless it hosts in the cloud and has backup servers in place, but still have the issue of if the ISP sells and you must change your email addy.

Review by brawnybronco See Profile

Good "It's cheap"
Bad "horrible communication"
Overall "meh"

Updated reviews: Since the issues have cleared up I've had few issues. But my biggest complaint is the complete lack of communication when there are the scattered issues. Outage for 5 hours? No notice. No followup.

Original Review (I won't take it down):The ISP is a scam. 99% of the time you'll be lucky to get 1/10th the advertised speeds. The support is non-existent with the owner\tech blaming everyone but his own service. Asking to be downgraded for cheaper results in him making excuses for you to continue paying more for the same service as those paying for the bottom tier. It is currently taking me 1hr on to download a 85mb file, on my laptop leeching off a neighbor (with only 2 bars) it took 10 minutes. The best part is that he's going to DOCSIS 3 in Feb! So that modem you bought a month ago needs to be upgraded. Who would have thought that a Nigerian would be running a con?

Comments:

Review by jandsbob See Profile

• Location: St Catharines,ON
Good "its cheap"
Bad "its dial up speeds"

I ordered the 14Mb package for 45 a month and get blazing speeds of up to 200Kb sec. The tech support consists of the owner Alan blaming everyone but his service for the issues. Avoid at all costs.