RadixNet page on DSLReports
Closed to new reviews.

Review by maxpainter See Profile

• Location: College Park,Prince Georges,MD
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Tech Support, Company Stability, IP's"
Bad "cost, verizon"
Overall "great company! well worh the money"

i run a business from my home, need to power it with a fresh supply of broadband, after leaving comcast cable (which stunk) i saw on their website they were again offering dsl, and gave them a call. 1st day they took order info, i paid for 128k/768k adsl with 9 (ordered 8 more) static ip's. yes, its a bit much, but i found that the little extra seems to really make a difference. i was formally a radixnet dsl customer when northpoint was around, and it was great. its basic verizon dsl over the verizon network. dealing with radixnet tech support is a breaze-the techies are the smartest, knowlegable people for broadband ive come across. from order to live was about 4 business days, verizon (which ive heard has been slow) wasnt so that was good. i had a slight problem with their dns servers, but i called them and it was fixed within 5 minutes. ive had it for about 5 weeks now, nothing has gone down-its great! radix has been around forever, and they dont seem to be going anywhere soon, so i hope to have my dsl for a long time. if you dont have a large problem with money, and want a top-notch company-get these guys work. ill try to keep an updated post.

Comments:

Review by dbarks See Profile

• Location: Hyattsville,Prince Georges,MD
  • CLEC party: NorthPoint
Good "The delivered when everybody else was jerking me around."
Bad "I performed all the follow-up."
Overall "No complaints, Just call once a week and they will work with you. Friendly Tech Support."

I have been a Verio subscriber for the past 5 years!!! (back when they were clark.net) and loved the Ma and Pa service. I got so tired of the Verio Corporate service and lack of attention to detail that I could not wait to change. I tried to go with several other DSL providers and always got dropped due to distance issues with Covad. Radix.net is friendly, they do what they say they are going to. That goes a long way in my book. I will continue to update this review but as of now I am a happy 384/375 DSL user and would recommend Radix.Net based on my experience.

Comments:

Review by joeharre See Profile

• Location: Rockville,Montgomery,MD
  • CLEC party: NorthPoint
Good "ISP switch... only took HOURS! Istill can't believe it!"
Bad "None so far."
Overall "Josh and Keith are gods. Lost PSN souls come here."

So I had PSN. We all know what happened there. Then I got placed with Telocity. In a way. I got a letter dated 12/15/00 that got to me 1/12/01. If they can't handle snail mail, lord only knows what they would do with actual data transfer. I came here seeking advice and RadixNet, while only having a few reviews, they were all glowing. I simply faxed an ISP switch form to them around 11am 1/16 and at 6:00 I get a call from Josh with all my new numbers. This after being told it would take 4 to 10 DAYS. I can't stress enough how pleased I am with this company right now. They are truly a diamond in the rough. Thank You!!!

member for 13.2 years, 518 visits, last login: 4.7 years ago

Comments:

Review by marconius See Profile

• Location: Chevy Chase,Montgomery,MD
  • CLEC party: NorthPoint
Good "Great Pings, Great Throughput, Great Service, Great People. As good as it gets."
Bad "None!"
Overall "Best DSL folks I've ever dealt with and I've dealt with 4 different DSL installs before."

Ending a 3 year relationship with Verizon that went VERY sour during the past year, I got on with Flashcom in November 2000. Only to have them die on me a month later. So, the Flashcom demise sent me along with many other subscribers on a mad dash to find an alternative Northpoint ISP to call home.

After a few good recommendations from the guys here in DSLR, I decided to give them a call on Friday afternoon. They seemed very helpful and answered all my questions. Offered to switch me over at no cost as well as a $59 per month price which is $30 less than Flashcom. About 15 minutes later, they faxed the transfer form which I filled, signed and promptly returned. The switchover was not as smooth as I had hoped. Mainly because Northpoint made a mistake every time they attempted to reconfigure the DSLAM. First they configured the networking model at the DSLAM to the wrong model. Hence, I could not ping my gateway or anything else. After they fixed that, they set the speed setting wrong and capped me at 160kbps. But they finally set things right and I now have a rock solid connect rated at 730/700kbps and low pings every where.

All throughout this back and forth problem solving, Radixnet tech support was working dilligently trying to get Northpoint to do things right. But those small config issues aside, (those were Northpoint's fault anyways) I had a very pleasent experience dealing with these guys... two thumbs up. Radixnet, keep up the good work.

member for 13.3 years, 360 visits, last login: 5.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by bbesley See Profile

• Location: Rockville,Montgomery,MD
  • CLEC party: NorthPoint
Good "Good Tech Support, Good Sales People, All around great expenrince"
Bad "1 static IP Addres"
Overall "So what I dont have 2 static IP Address - I am out of the Flashcom hell"

First of all, I am a Flashcom orphan. I only had the services less than one month before Flashcom went into bankruptcy. I've tried to give my business to Telocity but they did not want it. I've been trying for the past three weeks to get DSL through Telocity or another Northpoint provider. I had not had any luck until today. Telocity never got me into their system for the switch over. Other ISP's were only for business, did not support the MAC, or to costly. (Washington DC AREA). I read a review today on Radixnet on dsl reports and decided to call them. Radixnet has been around for 24 years and I was fimiliar with them becuase they are MAC friendly. I called and spoke to a nice lady who gave me all the pre-sales information I needed. Also she checked to see if I could get a second IP Address. After speaking to her I felt I had found a new DSL home. She emailed me the ISP switch form (they are waving the $200 switch fee for former Flashcom members), I faxed it back at 4:00 PM today. They are quoting 5-10 days to do a switch. So, I was working using my Flashcom DSL line and all of a sudden it just died. I thought Flashcom had finally pull the plug. I got a call five minutes later and it was Radixnet with my new IP address and ready to do a telephone install. The two tech support personnel was great. They even walked me through my NAT set-up. This was at 7:10 PM Today. 3 hours to switch. Everything is working fine. I dont mind paying an extra $25 for the type of services I recieved today. I have the same speed as before and a piece of mind.

member for 13.4 years, 277 visits, last login: 4.7 years ago