Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by BMorgan See Profile

• Location: Crisfield,Somerset,MD
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Verizon DSL was once a reliable provider, but neglect of their infrastructure has changed all that."
Bad "Must take voice service in order to get DSL. Poor communication between departments when service issues arise."
Overall "Congestion issues have made a previously solid connection nearly useless, during peak hours and weekends."

·Charter
12/16/2014: I've been unable to get anywhere with the tier 1 reps, and my congestion issues are becoming more and more frequent. My line is nearly useless from 5 pm - 12 am, and all weekend long. I'm lucky if I'm able to get above 1 Mbps during peak hours now.

10/16/2014: I had a tech here at BBR check my DSLAM and he said it's clearly congestion from being on an oversold CO and not anything physical with my line. I'm in the process of trying to have someone at Verizon move my line to another DSLAM in the same central office that the rep here at the site said isn't as congested. But cannot get past their tier 1 reps in India. This is going to be a real chore on my behalf.

10/15/2014: I'm still seeing congestion issues but they are happening throughout the day now as well. Not just in the evening hours. They are much worse after 5 pm though. Speeds are also very inconsistent. I can do a speed test and get 10 Mbps, then do another one 15 minutes later, and am lucky to get 3 Mbps.

10/08/2014: My speed improved dramatically after 11 pm. I'm now averaging just over 11 Mbps. Obviously there isn't a problem with my line, and this is evening congestion. Going to a faster tier isn't going to change that obviously.

10/07/2014: I came home at 6 pm and noticed I was still synced at 3360/864. I reset the modem and when it synced back up it shows I am provisioned at 12784/1032. However, after doing several speed tests at multiple sites, it shows I am only averaging about 6 Mbps. I was averaging 10-11 Mbps when I had this tier on this same line back in 2011 before going dry loop, and I never had issues with speed drops. I will test again after 11 pm. I have a feeling this is congestion in the Verizon network.

10/02/2014: I received a promotional email today offering Regional Essentials bundled with 7.1-15 Mbps DSL for $44.99 a month for 24 months. I'm currently paying $36.99 a month just for 3 Mbps dry loop. I've been capped at 3 Mbps since I went dry loop in early 2011, and wasn't allowed to order anything faster, even though I had the 10-15 Mbps tier before I dropped voice service. I am not getting my hopes up. With Verizon anything is possible. My service ready date is set for October 7th. I'll update again after the order is processed.

09/09/2014: Still experiencing severe congestion issues in the evening, between 5-11 pm. My modem stats don't change, latency is usually normal, but my download speed drop sometimes below 1 Mbps. Upload speeds are almost always normal. Then after 11 pm, things go back to normal with the download speed. Calls to tech support are still just a waste of time.

07/11/2014: I've been noticing severe speed drops during the evening hours that started at the end of June. From about 5-11 pm my speed is dropping from my usual 2.8 Mbps to less than 1 Mbps. Then after 11 pm, it's back to my normal 2.8. Obviously my DSLAM is so full that when most people are home using their connections in the evening, we are see congestion issues. I called Verizon last week and didn't get anywhere. Which is not surprising. Their normal response is unplug everything. Wash, rinse, repeat.

10/30/2013: Nothing new to report. Connection has been rock solid with the exception of a few short outages lasting no more than an hour.

member for 12.1 years, 2272 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

biotech

@66.249.113.x

Cost of Verizon?

Since I'm in Ma Bell's area (AT&T), how much does Verizon charge for POTS and DSL? I wonder if they charge less than $60 because Ma Bell charges me $81 just for 6mbps internet and POTS service

Re: Cost of Verizon?

$44.99 is the advertised promotion right now for 3mbit to 15mbit DSL (best effort) + Regional Calling only in VA with a 2 year contract.

Re: Cost of Verizon?

They just recently started offering this promo to me here in MD, so I took advantage of it. Interestingly until now, they've had my line capped at 3 Mbps since early 2011 and wouldn't allow me to order anything faster, until this past week. The site suddenly allowed me to order the 7.1-15 Mbps tier. I was provisioned at 10/1 due to my distance.

Re: Cost of Verizon?

Please report back if there are any congestion issues. Going by your recent review updates VZ is not doing too well.

Perhaps VZ found an excuse to finally install more backhaul or another DSLAM? (a miracle) Or they just gave up and now pretend to offer higher speeds with no backing for it.

Re: Cost of Verizon?

It appears they brought in more backhaul to the tower for LTE. I saw some Verizon vans in the area of the CO late last month which is next door to the cell tower in town. Most likely because more people are upgrading to LTE data plans. I assume they finally lifted their cap on DSL at 3 Mbps. My neighbor in my same apartment building said he was also able to put through an order for 10 Mbps yesterday, which hadn't allowed him since he moved here four years ago, and he also was stuck on 3 Mbps.

·Charter
I'm still having congestion issues. My speed has been hovering around 2 Mbps this entire evening since about 5 pm. Then shortly after midnight it picked up again, and now I'm getting 9.7 Mbps. It's almost like it's automated at scaling back speeds between 5 pm - midnight, because like clock work around 12:00-12:05 am, it picks up and it will stay at my full rate until 5 pm the next evening. Then I'm stuck with 2-2.5 Mbps again until midnight.

Re: Cost of Verizon?

Do you know if the Comcast takeover of the broken Charter system in your area is going to happen for sure or not?

Have you considered T-Mobile wireless data, at least as a backup? They have strong HSDPA signal and possibly LTE in your town apparently. On an old AT&T iPhone 4 which only supports a little bit of the T-Mob network I can generally pull 5mbit down, 2 up with low pings (60-100) which is pretty great for 3G. If T-Mobile has LTE in your town, that will kill the rather laggard DSL and Cable competition - speeds ranging from 20mbit to 35mbit, with low pings.

Its worth a try, pick up a cheap LTE supported Android device to use for tethering, and test it out. No contract. Even though Tethering is not supported for unlimited (its capped at like 4gb) apps can get around that...

Re: Cost of Verizon?

Still no word on the Comcast takeover here. The last article I saw about it in the local paper was back in August, and it was still in the pending phase. I'm not so sure that's a done deal. It's been held up by the FCC for more input from consumer groups and states.

I have 3G for a backup on my cell which acts as as hotspot. I don't use it unless I'm out and about or if my DSL line goes down. My Verizon line rarely goes down, it's just slow during the evening. It's frustrating because I waited 4 years for Verizon to lift the cap at 3 Mbps, and when they do, now they have a problem with congestion, making getting 10 Mbps pointless since I rarely get above 3 Mbps from 5 pm - midnight.

I had Tim_K look into it for me and he said I'm on a congested line and that my DSLAM has been oversold. He said the only thing I can do is try to get someone at Verizon to move my line to a less congested one, if there even is one to put me on, or hope Verizon upgrades my DSLAM. I think we all know that Verizon isn't about to spend a red cent on upgrading their copper plant.

·Charter
I'm paying $36.99 for 3 Mbps (my line will support 10 Mbps but they capped my central office at 3 Mbps because the CO is full), and another $5.92 for voice which I'm required to take. I only have the minimum voice service. Basically dial tone service and all local outgoing calls are .10 cents each. I never use it. I don't even have a phone hooked up to the line. By the time they add the absurd fees and taxes to the voice service that $5.92 becomes $18.01. For a total of $55 a month.

Re: Cost of Verizon?

That is just embarrassing for Verizon to have a CO that cant handle the load of customers. They earn billions and do nothing.

Its just like their 4 CO's nearby me with no broadband of any sort.

They get too much credit for FIOS.

4 edits

Re: Cost of Verizon?

I totally agree. They just don't care about landline/DSL anymore. They want to focus on wireless where they are making record profits. I actually had 10 Mbps for over a year. Until my promo expired so I called in to scale back my voice service to the minimum.

So they used that opportunity to drop my line back to 3 Mbps. Even though the rep I spoke to said I would keep 10 Mbps. I spent the next several months speaking to at least 30 reps and 10 supervisors all to no avail. All I did was waste several months of my time.

They kept me at 3 Mbps and to add insult to injury, still had the nerve to charge me the same $36.99 a month for 3 Mbps that I was paying for 10 Mbps. Apparently that's what 25 years of loyal service as a customer gets you with the new Verizon.
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

Re: Cost of Verizon?

Upload speed for DSL in 2014 should be a minimum of 1Mbps unless it is Annex M which should be close to 3.5Mbps. Sorry for your stone age DSL service. And to think it was supposed to be superior to cable.

Where is SDSL, VDSL, IDSL (Distance), Annex M, and bonded DSL? America is in a sad state of broadband. I still cannot believe Romania's slowest package is faster and cheaper than any American package.

Re: Cost of Verizon?

Verizon is cheap. They still have ADSL1 DSLAM's around which is rather horrifying. A lot of these were in the footprint dumped off on Frontier.

Rather than upgrade DSLAM's or deploy FIOS, they sell LTE as the solution. Its more the solution for their money pile.
OpTiC
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA
At&t uverse VDSL can do 6mbps upload
OpTiC
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA
Also Century Link VDSL pair bonding can do 50 mbps dsl.
Crimsonite
join:2014-12-12
Diamond Bar, CA

Verizon is an evil company - Ditch 'em!

I've been having the exact same problem as many of you for over 2 months now. I got the 10Mbps Enhanced DSL, upgraded from 3Mbps back in 2010, I was getting 8.7Mbps/840Kbps ~ 9.4Mbps/910Kbps with a 15ms ping for 2 years straight without any issues. In 2012, the speed gradually decreased, until it capped at 7.8Mbps/728Kbps and Verizon refused to put me back on the 10Mbps speed profile, they claimed their system detected congestion on my line so it's necessary to lower my speed profile in order to stabilize it. I believe they implemented ASSIA Optimizer in 2012.

Beginning of 2014, the speed dropped to 6.8Mbps/600Kbps ~ 7.2Mbps/700Kbps and ping above 35ms, often spiked over 50ms. I continued to put up with it, even though I've been paying $69.34 a month for DSL and basic phone line (required but we never use). In October things began to get a lot worse, constant disconnects started throughout the entire day. Took me a month to get them to reduce it to a minimum, still happens sometimes. But my speed has dropped below 6Mbps/600Kbps. Every single from 5PM ~ 12AM PST it drops below 3Mbps/400Kbps. As I was typing this it's at 1.18Mbps/400Kbps. And Verizon refused to fix it, they blamed my line and claimed it has been disqualified for the 10Mbps tier, and since I'm on the 7.1Mbps ~ 15Mbps package, 6.8Mbps on average is still normal so they won't do anything about it. I'm canceling it and be done with Verizon. It's an evil company with crappy employees.

Re: Verizon is an evil company - Ditch 'em!

Verizon has abandoned all of us they deem unworthy for FIOS.

I honestly think that Comcast will beat them to FTTH at my address at this rate.

Re: Verizon is an evil company - Ditch 'em!

My only hope for better service is if I get spun off from Charter to the new company GreatLand Connections that Comcast/Charter will have a joint venture in.

And even then, I probably only have a 50/50 chance that this spin off outfit will make the necessary upgrades needed at the cable plant here. Charter has neglected it since the late 90's. And Verizon is letting it's POTS/DSL lines rot into the ground. It's a sad state of affairs that this is what passes for service for a good chunk of the US population.

Re: Verizon is an evil company - Ditch 'em!

so its confirmed you wont be going directly to Comcast?
I'm sorry for you. (Wow how screwed up that is, I am sorry that someone wont get to "enjoy" Comcast service! Sadly its the only decent choice for a lot of the country.)

Good news is that the guy they picked to run Greatland was known for being pro-customer....so there's that.

I would definitely not rank the service you are getting as positive, I would adjust the sliders so its more negative. Failing at peak time is pathetic.

·Charter

Unfortunately for me, I am stuck with Verizon DSL for fixed broadband at my address. My only other option is Charter which is much worse. Evening congestion with them would drop my line down to sub 1 Mbps. And I would experience at least one outage per week. I was paying them $60+ a month just for internet alone.

After reading about your ordeal, obviously I am out of options with Verizon. All of my contact with them have proved fruitless. I can't get beyond the tier 1 reps. I can't even stream SD streams with Netflix from 5 pm - Midnight without buffering and stuttering every few minutes. I can forget HD streaming, unless I want to wait until 1 am when my normal speed returns.
Crimsonite
join:2014-12-12
Diamond Bar, CA

1 recommendation

Re: Verizon is an evil company - Ditch 'em!

I have two other options in my area, either TWC Fiber or the crazy expensive business class symmetrical fiber ($600+/mo).

It's funny, the so-called free country feels very Commie to me in so many aspects.

Review by mjobson05 See Profile

• Location: Alexandria Bay,Jefferson,NY
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Good Customer service from the IP line."
Bad "SLow upload"
Overall "I need more upload!"

Not too bad. Dependable, but that's about it. Slow upload and the fastest i can get from the CO is 10Mbps.

Comments:

Review by TCPIP3 See Profile

• Location: Churchville,Harford,MD
Good "Low Cost"
Bad "Connection is lost frequently"
Overall "Slow and undependable"

Our problems are location specific which we know to be the case because we also have service from Verizon at another location 200 miles distant. Telephone service has been lost several time this year. DSL carrier loss is more frequent. Service is slow. Area is serviced by an old copper cable that Verizon seems to have no interest in adequately maintaining or replacing. It is anticipated that their intention is to install fiber optic service and therefore investing in the copper plant is not cost effective.

Comments:

Review by pjsutton See Profile

• Location: Kempton,Berks,PA
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Reliable and consistent!"
Bad "Took 2 years to get; might never see anything higher than 3 Mbps"
Overall "So much better than capped satellite or wireless; good value"

I moved to a new house at the end of summer 2012 and found that the cable stopped 1/2 mile from the house; we were too far away from Verizon's central office to receive DSL. That left us with either wireless or satellite Internet - expensive, slow, and unreliable.

Thanks to a PA state law requiring universal DSL access by the end of 2015, I was able to get my area moved up on the deployment list by having neighbors sign petitions to aggregate demand. Based on the law, the Bona Fide Retial Request (BFRR) program, I only needed to find 4 people to sign up with a commitment to DSL. The forms were submitted quickly and was told that because we were a "major" construction build, we would have to wait longer than the maximum of 12 months (per the law). After 24 months, DSL became available.

Verizon built a new, fiber-fed remote terminal about a mile from my area to serve about 20 customers. I was the first to be connected; there was a slight hiccup, but after a day the connection was made and has not dropped since.

We signed up for the 1.1-3 Mbps plan, but the installer had mentioned we would be able to handle at least the 7.1 Mbps plan. Several calls to Verizon resulted in no higher speed being available; a tech support person tested my line and said it could easily sustain 10 Mbps, and set my modem there. However, Verizon will not provide anything faster than 3 Mbps, despite my modem being able to hold a sync at the 10 Mbps rate.

So, my modem is currently syncing at 11768/1179, which is better than the standard 3360/864. At least the upload speed increased. Speed tests are consistently around 2.85 Mbps down, and right around 1 Mbps up.

I really shouldn't complain, based on how long we spent with a lousy connection. I am now able to not worry about usage caps, and several people can be online at once with no slow downs. I am able to watch YouTube videos at 720p with no problem, and at 1080p if I am the only one doing so.

I hope some day to be able to achieve something higher than 3 Mbps, but I feel it may be unlikely. But at 3 Mbps, it is certainly acceptable for moderate use.

I can't comment on price yet because it has not been updated with on my bill as of yet. But, I bundle with Freedom Essentials phone service and Directv so we receive a discount for that. The price I listed of $59 is the cost of the phone and the DSL; the Directv cost is separate and always changing, therefore I won't include it in the review.

Customer service, on the other hand, aside from the initial ordering process, has been nothing short of abysmal. Constantly transferred from one department to another. I had called to inquire about max speeds, and I was told anywhere from DSL was not available at my location, to 15 Mbps was available. And anything in between.

As for the service by the local technician and installer, the guy was incredibly nice and helpful and truly cared about us. In fact, he thanked me for going through the process of getting the remote terminal installed, and also for handing out post cards to my neighbors - because after 2 full weeks, Verizon has yet to do any kind of promotional mailings advertising that service is available. The tech also installed a whole-home POTS filter in my NID, so no micro filters were necessary. His performance was top notch.

Since the remote terminal is so new, there are some issues with the qualification database; online, it still shows DSL is not available at my location. Hopefully in due time this will be corrected, and I will at least be able to order 3.1-7 Mbps.

But, after 2 long years, I'm thankful for any reliable connection, and Verizon DSL seems to be just that. It just plain works, and does so reliably and consistently. And for that, I couldn't be happier.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that the tech was at my house for 2 hours and left without service working - there was an error in the set up somewhere and they didn't give us a PPPoE user name and password. I called tech support (which was terrible) and finally the next they called back with the ID and password. Don't know if they would have called me with that info if I hadn't called.

member for 1.4 years, 419 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by nolder See Profile

• Location: Lynchburg,Lynchburg City,VA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Price, easy install, speed, seldom down"
Bad "none"
Overall "great over all"

I have verizon dsl for $32 a month with no long term contract. It is part of a package that includes call waiting, voice mail and long distance. It was easy to install the hardware and software. If it is ever down it doesn't stay that way long. Just received free upgrade to 1.5M/384K. Had to adjust RWIN to take advantage of upgrade. It really rocks now.

member for 13.6 years, 1146 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Smith6612 See Profile

• Location: North Tonawanda,Niagara,NY
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Consistent Speeds, low latency, great uptime"
Bad "Support can be a bit of trouble when a problem is with the line, or is an unusual issue."
Overall "It's a good service to use overall, but keep in mind it is DSL."

·Frontier Communi..
I subscribe to 5Mbps/768kbps at the current time and run with a FastPath profile. The Verizon backbone has been seeing some issues as of late with other transit providers. While I'm sure this is not a Verizon issue, it's bothersome when trying to stream video or play games over the connection. I just hope things are improved soon, especially before Winter.

Overall, the DSL service has been reliable. I've had a few outages over the past 9 years, two of which were PPPoE outages, and two of which were due to fiber cuts affecting the remote terminal I feed out of. If you're fortunate enough to get a speed higher than 3Mbps, the service does have a snappy feeling to it. If you're unfortunately stuck in an area that is limited to 3Mbps or less, the service does start to feel antiquated and slow. Minus the note I have above about the backbone and peering issues that have been plaguing both DSL and FiOS, the service works as expected. I get my speeds consistently, day and night, games work well, and 1080p HD Streaming (Netflix, YouTube, etc) is possible with the level of service I am receiving. That's about all that is to this review. It just works.

Besides the connection itself, most of the problems I have run into were administrative issues on Verizon's end. While I have yet to run into billing issues, I have come across plenty of technical issues which Verizon has fallen short on resolving in some cases. A prime example is a problem which I'm continuing to troubleshoot as of this review. Since late July, after a heavy thunderstorm crashed through the area, my DSL connection has been plagued with an intermittent "Sync-no-surf" issue. In essence, the modem shows it is synchronized and my router is holding a PPPoE session, but I have a heavy amount of packet loss on the connection. The modem shows a high level of noise when this happens. During troubleshooting, I supplied all of the troubleshooting information I have produced to Verizon, indicating I have tried different supported modems which work, checked Transceiver Statistics and landline voice quality, and have inspected all wiring inside of my home and in the NID. I even provided information on problems even my neighbors started to have with their services after that storm.

When troubleshooting began, Verizon's automated testing began to cause provisioning issues on my connection. Since I am on a Litespan remote and happen to be getting 5M service, I am also tied into a Juniper edge router. For me to have properly working service, the provisioning had to be set up a certain way. The automated system, against my warnings to Verizon, went through and made changes which resulted in the line being nearly unusable. A video of how unusable the service was, is posted below. In addition, my speed was also turned way down, with the belief that the problem was due to my speed being set too high. Unfortunately, I also told them this was not the problem, and got the speed turned right back up the next day. Lastly, I was sent a new modem, an ActionTec GT784WNV, which despite being a good piece of hardware, suffers from firmware issues which promptly caused me to retire the modem into storage. Two primary functions of the router, the DHCP Daemon and the WLAN daemon, were found memory leaking despite all efforts to resolve the leaking issue, and this as a result caused the gateway to crash and reboot anywhere from 12 hours, to five days later.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-I4AGZO1Zc

For now, troubleshooting continues on the line. I've managed to get my provisioning reset to where it was last was before the support started after taking that problem away from support's hands and into my hands (took me 10 minutes vs support's 4 days), and Verizon has started sending line technicians out to check the line after much insistence and scolding. Some improvements of my line have come out of these visits, and I feel support is now on the right track, but I am bummed out that I had to do a lot of educating/explaining as to why XYZ process is not proper troubleshooting, from the perspective of a SysAdmin/NetAdmin to a telephone company/ISP. I am also a bit bummed that I had to be the one to coordinate some of the fixes, that otherwise, didn't need the customer's help besides feedback as to whether or not the problem is solved. In the past, I certainly don't remember support being this bad, where I've thrown other oddball issues at them and have gotten results in hours. That's why I'm not completely docking the support rating in this review, but it is something Verizon should work to improve on.

But support issues aside, the Verizon DSL service has been working fine, and I hope it continues this way. I am looking forward to getting the FiOS, or another Fiber service when that becomes available.

member for 6.8 years, 3890 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by NJank See Profile

• Location: Catonsville,Baltimore,MD
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "In a bundle with phoneline, it's what I need for a low cost"
Bad "line issues (slow, dead, etc) once a year or so, and then very pushy sales for FIOS until they 'fix' it."
Overall "best option for the dollar, if you don't mind them bugging you about fios every time you talk to them."

Have had the lowest tier DSL for about 10 years. Not a heavy net user, and it more than does the job. Started out when it was the "$15/month 768/128 DSL" they gradually upped it to 1/0.5 over the years. Recently reordered in a bundle with Regional Essentials plan, so now it's $40 for both DSL and landline. Was on a stardard Westell 6100 for years.

They rolled FIOS out here about 3-5 years ago. Since then, I've had reps at my door and on the phone. None blatantly lying about need to upgrade, but they were close. Have had issues with the line connectivity on and off over about the same timeline. Twice was able to solve with the Verizon support here at DSLReports. Both time, it was a 'configuration issue at the office'. Both times, had techs out tell me how they're not sure they can fix it, that "old copper's going bad", but if I switched to fiber all would be well. Waited it out, sure enough they fixed the problem.

When things work, they're fine. Right now, I've been getting intermittent 600-2000ms pings. guess it's time for a call...

Comments:

Review by Bigbluis See Profile

• Location: Hemet,Riverside,CA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Good speed, when it goes down, is restored quickly with no call to support."
Bad "nothing really bad to report"
Overall "Service has improved since I last had it 5 years ago."

Ordered online 1 week before moving in. Install process went smoothly, 1 day after moving in. Ordered enhanced service, 3.1-7 Mbps, and mostly get that speed. Adequate for all my devices (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, wireless printer). Only problem is speed not always fast enough for on-demand streaming to tv satellite box. Most of the time the speed is adequate, usually get 2.2 - 3.5 Mbps down.

Comments:

Review by RavenFaust See Profile

• Location: Buffalo,Erie,NY
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Nice DSL/Wifi Modem"
Bad "Slow Speeds, Prices Change,And Frequent slow speeds and issues"
Overall "Not that good "

I have been a customer for 6 months now, and have had nothing but issues, first month the net was out for a month , then the phone went out for awhile, it was something on Verizon's end. Now i have slow speeds, contacted support they tell me to reset the modem over and over, I contact the Better Business bureau then verizon wants to help fix my issues, we talked the credits were put on my bill, then my bill gets jacked up to 147$ a month for LOCAL phone and DSL.. Yep im pretty annoyed now.

My download speeds MAX is 2.8 MBPS
And my upload MAX Speed is 0.74 MBPS

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3770340312

Comments:

Review by Robert1010 See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
  • Telco party Verizon
Bad "Service is as bad as it can be. They want $30.00 to figure what is wrong with there new junk gateway"
Overall "service NO send Verizon more cash"

I have a DSL2750b gateway. The first one would only connect to an HP4620 printer if the security was turned off. The 2nd gateway did the same thing. When they did connect they still did not work. I have an Actiontec GT704wg that works normal. It connects, prints, hosts other computers on my WPA network. The Actiontec has other problems.
The wps will find the printer, but not connect. Both gateways have firm ware 1.44.And hardware T1. S/N is PX2M1BC036379.

Verizon does not care after being a customer for 12 years. They told me to go to Comcast cable.
PLEASE help me.
robert banks
rbanks10@verizon.net

Comments:

xpbx
220, 221, Whatever It Takes.
join:2000-11-08

They told me to go to Comcast cable

"They told me to go to Comcast cable"

cause they are now partnered with them, so either way they get your money. best of luck to you.

Well..

If cable is available at your address, I don't see why you don't ditch VZ for everything but phone (as you have stated elsewhere you had that voice line a very long time - number porting could be risky.)

Its clear VZ just does not care going by your forum saga, I personally would not give them another dime until fiber shows up at my door.

If your afraid to make the jump to Commiecast (my nickname for the horror that is Comcast) I understand that - their customer support is known for its poor service.

VZ did not have to tell me to leave though - I left 3mbit ADSL for 28mbit cable and never looked back, it would be hard to go back to 3mbit early-2000s era DSL.