AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by bsstan See Profile

• Location: Franklin,Williamson,TN
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Fast courteous service"
Overall "Very pleased with the service I received"

I highly recommend AT&T DSL service.

Comments:

Review by algerardi See Profile

• Location: Milton,Santa Rosa,FL
Good "Still very reliable and responsive."
Bad "Email service is sometimes slow or unresponsive."
Overall "Reliable and consistent download and upload speeds"

UPDATE: Still Rock solid and going strong after a year. Haven't been down once. Had a few growing pains with the Email service and web mail, but so far within the last couple of weeks has been ok. Would highly recommended. Download speeds constant 1.2meg and up load aprox 217K.

UPDATE: Upgraded to the DSL extreme service without a hitch. Download speed consistently around 2450K with upload 220K. Haven't had one service interruption. I have noticed though that my routing has changed. My routing path is now from my dsl modem to Miami then back up to Mobile,Al then on out which has increased my latency times. I am not using BS dns servers. I am using PE-BIND which is very responsive and reliable.

Bottom Line----still much more reliable than cable broadband ever was.

Recently upgraded to the 6 meg service. The upgrade went flawlessly. Even got a new free Westel modem out of the deal. Service rocks and haven't had any service outages.

Update: Since coming under the AT&T fold......download and upload speeds are great and stable. The only issue I'm having now....is with the unresponsiveness of AT&T mail servers. They have gone done the tubes. No issues when POP Bellsouth email servers......I have tired both SSL per AT&T instructions and also default POP port 110. Both the same issues.

At times they work ok.....but most times it takes one or two or three tries to get connected and logged into their servers to get my emails. No issues with the web mail.

Updated:

My download speed has actually increased to 6.5Meg down and still 425K upload. Don't have U-verse in the area so maybe thats why my speeds are great at the moment. Also getting my 6meg extreme service for 19.95 a month after I called the AT&T Retention desk.....I told them I saw the ads on TV..so why couldn't I have that price since I was paying 40 some dollars/month. So I commited for 12 months. Can't beat that as long as the service remains.

Comments:

Review by libertyfolk See Profile

• Location: Cayce,Lexington,SC
Good "affordable 3g and dsl"
Bad "poor customer service"
Overall "teach yourself and save"

How many Cities with 3G,speed and cost
We have 2 mobile phones and both have 3G broadband. We are wireless.and DSL

• Location: Gainesville,Hall,GA
Good "Reliable and as advertised speed"
Bad "You can spend hours on hold for tech support."
Overall "Anything is better than Charter"

I was paying Charter $50 a month for 5 Mb/s but rarely got over 3.

Now paying ATT $43 a month for 6 Mb/s and usually get more than that.

Phone support is horrible. %50 chance of getting someone who's native language is not English. 75% chance of getting someone who does not understand the script they are reading. Just hang up and try again.

(review was emailed from domain att.net)

Comments:

Review by halfempty See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Reliable and reasonably priced."
Bad "Horrid tech support after hours."
Overall "Good service for the price."

Had to change ISP because the small company I was with was leaving the market area. Not the first time I've had to change DSL providers because they went out of business or stopped providing DSL service. That's one of the reasons I went with AT&T, they should be around for a while. I stuck with DSL rather than try U-Verse or cable because the speed I have (3000/384) is adequate for what I need, I'm happy with DirecTV (Comcast customer service is terrible down here), and I had all the equipment already in place for DSL, just had to change the login.

I called to place the order and the salesperson informed me of the different options and promotions. I pay 32.95 instead of 37.95 because of a combined billing discount, and after 2 or 3 months of service I should be getting a credit bringing it down to 14.95 a month for a year. I'll believe that when I see it.

The line was ready a day before the scheduled completion date, but the welcome package with all the information I needed wasn't scheduled to be delivered until the next evening, so I called support. The support you get during normal Mon.-Sat. extended business hours is great. The support you get after hours is worthless. They seem to subcontract that to a foreign call center where they don't really know what they are talking about, they just read scripts.

Overall I'm satisfied with the service, so far it seems to be reliable and fairly consistent. I haven't seen any of the speed drops people in other AT&T areas have complained about recently, maybe I'm just lucky this time. As long as you can live with a dynamic IP and ports 25 and 80 blocked, I would recommend this service.

Comments:

Review by Juke Box See Profile

• Location: Proverbs 3
Good "There were some."
Bad "There were some."
Overall "They were the best bang for buck in the area I lived."

·WOW Internet and..
·Knology
I had moved to James Island, SC and actually carried the Comcast I had over. But I ended up the last customer on the line that was probably over serviced. I ended up replacing it with the AT&T Dry Loop DSL 6.0.
I am happy that I get 80% plus of the service at any given time. The installation of the self install kit was easy. I was up and running in less than 20 minutes of opening the box to the kit.

UPDATE:
I was having issues with Comcast for several months who could not fix a bridge tap until I had them reduce my tv service to basic basic cable. They were forced to fix the bridge tap problem after a few months, Comcast offered me a great deal on the Performance package.

Sorry AT&T, I held out for Uverse which seems to be awhile when it it comes to my neighborhood.

Comments:

Review by xearon See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Duval,FL
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Reliable, Good Customer Service"
Bad "Delay in Availability"
Overall "A Great Value"

UPDATE My AT&T Bellsouth DSL service has been deteriorating recently. Smokeping showed up to 100% packet loss at times. Speed was very inconsistent such that watching Netflix was severely impacted and it became impossible to watch a whole show in high def.

I changed to the new AT&T U-Verse after Dish Network cancelled some of my channels and am happy with the decision.

______________________________________________________________

BellSouth initially advertised their ADSL without the infrastructure to support the demand. The result was some extensive wait time after contacting them to get the service. They impressed me with their customer service by being honest and open about the problem and by giving me a dial up account at no charge until the DSL was in place.

The promotion that I took advantage of with BellSouth gave me a free internal PCI modem if I installed it myself. The modem was not a low quality budget model as I had feared but a top rate 3Com modem that installed easily and has performed flawlessly.

My internet service has not been interupted once since I started with BellSouth two months ago. My E-mail service with them has only been interupted once. Then I sent a message through their web page. It was working again within the hour and a representative called the next day to check on me.

My speed according to »www.computingcentral.com/topics/···t500.asp has varied between approximately 90 K bytes/sec and 150 K bytes/sec. I have a static IP address and have been most satisfied with their service and their support.

Comments:

Review by wport See Profile

• Location: Atlanta,Fulton,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Consistent Service, always up"
Bad "6 MB cap without U-verse."
Overall "Would like to keep basice 6 MB without Uverse"

I've been with Bellsouth DSL, now AT&T. for 10 + years. Service has always been consistent and reliable. Consistently getting advertised speeds. Haven't heard too many good things about U-Verse. It's not available in my area anyway.

member for 13.5 years, 342 visits, last login: 3.3 years ago

Comments:

Review by outatym See Profile

• Location: Mayfield,Graves,KY
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Rock Solid Reliability, Decent Price for the Speed"
Bad "Having to PROVE that I was capable of 6.0"
Overall "7+ year customer, they must be doing something right"

Can't complain about the speed or the price. I did though have to PROVE that I was capable of the 6.0 tier since their service location database was wrong. A few posts to the direct forum and a tech helped out and got me past the level one and two call-in script readers. Now I'm rock solid 6.0 and loving it.

Comments:

Review by cubguy See Profile

• Location: Greenwood Springs,Monroe,MS
Good "Consistent Service (Only Service Available besides satellite)"
Bad "Many Bounces, Weather causes sync issues"
Overall "Great for the value"

I currently don't have any options for broadband. I am hoping for improved speeds as I do see AT&T dropping fiber all over the place around here. We are almost to the end of the copper line and I can consistently reach 83% of promised high end speeds of 1.5 and the full upload speed at all but bad weather times.

I do have one peeve though. It seems that AT&T cant seems to overcome the sync issues associated with local or distant weather. If it even thunders in my area, I lose sync for about 30-45 seconds. I upgraded to a 2-Wire modem because I thought it was the Westell on my end and it improved some, but it still happens.

Overall I am satisfied as I can run VOIP as well as most online games over the connection.

»www.speedtest.net/result/972209297.png